Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #33 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:06 am

Post by Lowell »

Incidentally, do we have a good way of deciding who gets the bells (which might actually be valuable) or are we basically picking randomly.

Just asking, as the latter situation frightens me a little.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:21 am

Post by Lowell »

Well, yeah, I guess my concern is that we end up giving everything to scum since we don't know what we're doing.

Why is everyone so sure IH is town?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38 (isolation #3) » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:56 am

Post by Lowell »

IF in fact the bells can be used very powerfully, they might be aiding the scum as much as they can help the town. So yeah, I think it's worthwhile to get it right here.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:37 am

Post by Lowell »

No distribution??? Really?? That can't be right.

Since what I do best is come up with dumb game theories, try this one on for size.

What if the COP, assuming we have one, claims and we give the bells to him/her? Bear with me....

(1) We can probably safely assume we have at least one DOC in this game as well. Therefore, AT LEAST until that DOC is dead the COP will be protected. Furthermore, once the DOC is revealed dea, the COP will (presumably) have some confirmed innocents to pass the bells onto before s/he dies the following night.

(2) Frankly, in games like this, I'm always in favor of the COP claiming as early as possible. That way we don't run the risk of losing any information due to a random kill by the mafia or whoever. However, IN THIS GAME, it is even more important that the cop come out early. With all the bells, the mafia could do some scary things. We need to have someone come forward as soon as possible.

Okay, discuss.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (isolation #5) » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:39 am

Post by Lowell »

ac1983fan wrote:i still think we should hurry up and give the bells to someone... so we can actually staart discussion... as a side note, i bought an orange box, and id suggest that no one buy it.
Haha. Really?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (isolation #6) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:53 am

Post by Lowell »

Fuck it. Time to do something bold, then get badmouthed for it.

I am the COP, "Copper"

I brought up the plan, obviously, because I was hoping people would see it as a good idea. Clearly most don't, but I don't care. I've heard enough suggestions that SOME of the items are useful (even those that only cost 1 bell) that I have a bad feeling that we're all going to ream ourselves by putting them in the wrong place.

I investigated someone last night and got an INNOCENT result. I won't reveal that person's name, obviously. I have no reason to think I'm naive or crazy or whatever else. I'm coming out now because I feel like I betrayed too much in my original post on the subject and that clever scum might figure out why I made the suggestion.

Two things, then you all can tear me a new one...

1) I need the DOCTOR to protect me tonight.
2) I want the bells. All of them. Not just the 2 up for grabs right now. If our doc ever dies and I then become at risk, I'll always have an innocent on hand to pass them off to.

Please, PLEASE, if you have any doubts about me or whatever, speak up now and ask questions. Trusting this plan requires a leap of faith, I realize. So it goes.

confirm vote for bells: Lowell
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (isolation #7) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:15 am

Post by Lowell »

Kison wrote:I don't know that I'm so quick to believe that claim, really. That could easily be a scum trying to fake cop, don't you agree? There's no guaranteed way to confirm it, and the way he claimed was pretty sketchy.

I'd like to hold off on voting for Lowell for the moment.
I understand this. The fact that I might get this reaction is probably why most people don't agree with the play. Let me say this, though.

(1) I claimed before there was any pressure on anyone for this exact reason. I didn't want it to look like a desperation play by a scum trying to "out" a cop or avoid a lynch. While I do think scum can and do claim cop to get out of trouble, I seriously can't see the benefit of doing it from the beginning.

Look, here's how this is supposed to work. I'm coming out now to make sure the bells go to the right place, but otherwise, I won't behave any different than any cop in any other game. The advantage here is that I won't have to code or anything when I hit a scum. We can just lynch them. I'll also presumably have a list of innocents that I can reveal before I die (assuming the scum do eventually find the doctor). Ideally, we'll find a couple of scum and I'll be able to clear some innocents the day after the doc dies, so the endgame will be easy for those who remain.

And also....

(2) What real harm have I done? If you remember, the town's plan was to give the bells to someone, basically blind. How was that a good idea but giving me the bells not? And as for the doctor, well, maybe you guys don't remember just how pointless the doctor is at the beginning of the game. What is s/he doing at this point? Randomly choosing one of 20 players to protect? THAT's the power you want to save for something else?

... also,
FOS overtheunder
... you've got to be kidding, right?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (isolation #8) » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:32 am

Post by Lowell »

Um, just so everyone is clear.
I already HAVE the bells
. We're voting for lynch now. See the
mod
's last post.

Incidentally, I might as well push my luck while I'm here. Can someone spare one more bell :lol: so I can buy the "net", which presumably is the best item available? I'm hoping it provides some sort of nighttime immunity, which could be reeeally useful. Probably I won't be that lucky, but I'd like to find out and share it with ya'll.

As for the lynch...

I agree with CDB thusfar. Those on the IH bell wagon need to explain themselves. As I recall, it started basically out of nowhere before IH had done, well, anything.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (isolation #9) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:13 am

Post by Lowell »

ac1983fan wrote:the mafia doesn't care who they kill... to them, everybody's a confirmed innocent... and anyway, if the mafia's smart, they'll kill lowell tonight, anyway, so if he doesn't reveal who he investigated, we may end up lynching whooever got investiagted.
vote ac1983fan
for being an idiot. My coming out might not have been a great idea, but that's nothing compared to you.

To be clear. I will NOT reveal my innocent until either:
(a) I fear impending death for myself, or
(b) I fear impending lynching for my innocent.

Right now I'm still assuming (over ac's objections, apparently) that the DOC will protect me tonight. So I'm safe. And until my innocent gets to lynch -1, I'll assume s/he is safe too.

The goal is that after a few days, EVEN IF I DON'T FIND A MAFIATE, I will have a list of several innocents that (hopefully) will be still alive and talking. This will narrow down the list of suspects. If I reveal them as I find them, the mafia will simply follow with NKs of those people, and my investigations will have been pointless.

Also, I'd still kindly request someone who believes me to give me one more bell. Should our doc turn out to fall for the ac/IH plan of "I don't trust the claim!" I could be dead tomorrow and you'll all be sorry. I'd like to find out if the net can offer any protection.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:51 pm

Post by Lowell »

Make that a
vote acfan
. Stop trying to set up the scum to kill me.

Fuckin' brutal....
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (isolation #11) » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:18 am

Post by Lowell »

Eh, I'm taking ac's confusion to be genuine at this point, and not scummy. WIFOM perhaps, but I really can't imagine scum behaving that way. Same with IH. I consider both to be probable town.

unvote

vote TWITO
. Eh, this one's a bit random. Something about the way he keeps saying "oops, no internet, but hey, don't forget about me, I'm here!" seems a little bit scummy.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (isolation #12) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:59 am

Post by Lowell »

IH wrote:You pretty much admit it makes no difference if the person is not night killed. This may be viewed as bad play on my part, but I'm going to be stubborn this game, to try and set a precedent, mmk?

Why would he ask for a cop claim, if he really is the cop?

This is irrational. I doubt scums going to openly claim cop if someone asks... This is the main reason I do not believe Lowells claim, along with I think his suggestion was crappy in the firstplace.

If I do no believe him, how am I going to try and have it proven/disproven to me?

Put him through the cop paces. His investigations, his results, etc etc.

A lack of counterclaim on day 1 does not confirm him, or move me a bit on him. I've already stated my reasons for that. It's a good reason to claim, sure, but I wouldn't do it. I'd try and get a few days results out before being lynched....

I'm not pushing for a Lowell lynch at the moment. I'm pushing for some reassurance about Lowell.

One last question to the town, and I refuse to respond anymore of the same, unless something relatively different comes up.

Do you think that outing the one of the towns most powerful tools would be worth MAYBE the scum getting ahold of TWO extra bells, especially when each player can only hold TWO items and can only use ONE of them a night. Especially when it's just a
chance
from around 1/5?
Okay here's the problem. You can't be "neutral" towards me.
I'll be dead in the morning if the DOC doesn't believe my claim
. So while it may make you feel better in the morning to say "oh well, it's not our fault, he did something dumb" it won't leave the town any less screwed.

Don't give me any more bells if it makes you feel better, but I'm still not going to give up the name of the innocent.
unvote, vote IH
for asking. This is idiotic. If I'm scum, I can easily name an innocent, right? So what would that prove.

More troubling is the possibility that I'm insane, or naive. THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO WILL BE ABLE TO DETERMINE THIS FROM AN INNOCENT RESULT ARE THE SCUM. If I say "I investigated X, she's town," they'll know whether I'm sane or not, whereas the town (and I) will still know nothing. My claiming may be dumb, but this idea is worse.

What I ask, again, is that the DOC protect me. I don't really care if most of you believe me or not. It's not essential, really. What IS essential is that you not try to sway any potential DOC out there.

Can we just agree that
I'm by no means "confirmed" but the doc should protect me tonight
? How's that?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (isolation #13) » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:59 am

Post by Lowell »

I'm liking Kison and Yamahako as town. They've made a lot of sensible posts. Conversely, I rarely if ever understand what IH is doing.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (isolation #14) » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:41 am

Post by Lowell »

For the record, I did
not
post anything to the board. Nor do I have the ability to do so.

Good post, theo, good to see you here and active. Not sure that I agree with the vote, though your list of innocents looks about right to me.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (isolation #15) » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:42 am

Post by Lowell »

Right.
unvote
. Second thoughts.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (isolation #16) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:37 am

Post by Lowell »

~N9V~ wrote:
Jules wrote: N9V - one of the promoters of the idea that the bells shouldn't be distributed in case scum got them, after a quick turnaround - emphasizing their importance just before. Also agrees with the view that Lowell should reveal who he got his innocent on. Interesting
And yeah, I do still want him to claim who's innocent. Because what if today, we lynch this 'innocent' person, when we easily could of saved him instead.
It's still not a good idea for me to reveal the innocent.

Obviously, however, if it comes down to said innocent being at lynch -1, I'll jump in.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (isolation #17) » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:26 am

Post by Lowell »

Jules wrote: There does seem to be a lot of inactivity. I'd like to hear who Lowell is thinking is scummy just now
That's a very suspicous question to ask. My opinion doesn't mean more than anyone else's at this point, right? Or are you trying to figure out who I'll investigate?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (isolation #18) » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:30 am

Post by Lowell »

Embarassingly I still don't have that much of an opinion. I'll work on that.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #433 (isolation #19) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:25 am

Post by Lowell »

Jules wrote: Ahh but that's not what actually happened. The thread shows -
1. Lowell claimed cop
2. You either didn't read his post, pretended not to see it or passed over it intentionally
3. Lowell gets the bells
4. You either didn't read the mod's post, pretended not to see it or passed over it intentionally
5. Backtracked by saying you were voting Lowell for the bells

Either you're very unobservant or you're intentionally choosing to ignore key information in this thread

Perhaps you could outline why you think Yamahako's scummy rather than just linking people who vote for you to him
Eh, looking back, I'm willling to give TS the benefit of the doubt.

I mean, what's the theory? That he was going to help quicklynch me in a mountainous game before anyone caught on? Doubtful.

I think it's likely, as TS says, that he just misread and didn't realize what was happening.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #464 (isolation #20) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:16 am

Post by Lowell »

FOS Yama

I was certain of your innocence a few pages back, but this latest argument looks like reaching. Maybe there's a case against TS, but this isn't it. I'm no longer convinced of your innocence.

The fact that you're going so far out of your way to attack anyone who has even vaguely threatened me makes me think you're just trying to get on my good side-- and that makes me suspiciuos.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (isolation #21) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:05 am

Post by Lowell »

vote BM
. You're being lazy or scummy. My guess is both.

You people seriously need to stop voting TS. These reasons against him are pretty stupid.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #488 (isolation #22) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:04 am

Post by Lowell »

Oh, sorry, Yama. That's my bad.

For the record, that was
NOT
me revealing who I investigated last night. Even if TS is that person, I'll wait until the last possible moment before revealing such information, and when I do so I will be very very clear about it.

My asking you to reconsider your vote was just me saying I don't agree with the case, that's all. I didn't mean to intimidate you off the vote if you believe in it.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #492 (isolation #23) » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:43 am

Post by Lowell »

Also here.

vote ~N9V~

I remember doing this before the crash. He did a little too much counter-claim hunting for my taste, and generally looks a little scummy. I'm happy to change my vote should someone give me something better.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (isolation #24) » Tue May 01, 2007 7:03 am

Post by Lowell »

Agreed. This day is getting tiring. Let's just kill someone, already.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (isolation #25) » Fri May 04, 2007 2:42 am

Post by Lowell »

Holy crap!

Did OTU just counterclaim???

I... I.. don't know what to say....

Well, okay, I do. Answer Kison's question, quickly.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #569 (isolation #26) » Fri May 04, 2007 11:33 am

Post by Lowell »

theo your cryptic messages are insane. Why are you refusing to answer Kison's question. What is your role
name
?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (isolation #27) » Sat May 05, 2007 6:27 pm

Post by Lowell »

OverTheUnder wrote:I'm Copper, for those asking my Role Name. And for answering why now? Well I wanted to see who would all easily accept that Lowell was a cop, that would give me a better idea of who his scum-buddies were. TS, I said those posts to give Lowell false confidence so that he would believe he had a few people backing him so I could see who he would target and when he never targeted anyone I saw that chance slipping away so I just decided to come out and claim the real cop. Doubt me all you want but I'm the real cop.
Haha you couldn't be dumber. Now I can f---ing trash you fully. I'm the cop, you're not, so deal with this....

unvote, VOTE OTU

The least you could have done is pretended to be a second cop, and given a different name. You're going to confirm my identity as cop AND help us kill a scum in a single bound. Well done. Any hope you had of the doc not protecting me tonight is gone gone gone gone.

ps- sorry, theo. yes, you're right, I just forgot who claimed. You're okay.

pps- I'm too lazy to look back, but whoever slyly suggested a name for a "backup cop" to OTU deserves an
FOS
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (isolation #28) » Sat May 05, 2007 6:32 pm

Post by Lowell »

ac1983fan wrote:
vote:OTU

idiot scum...
if you really were the cop, you would've claimed earlier...
unless theres two cops... which I doubt. Booker would probably be a backup cop.
Okay, that'll be an
FOS ac1983fan

Guess who's getting investigated tonight????

ps- just kidding, I'm not telling who... you can't begin to keep up with me!

Anyone see the De La Hoya/ Mayweahter fight? Anyone else drunk and disappointed??? No? Just me? Okay
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #585 (isolation #29) » Sat May 05, 2007 6:43 pm

Post by Lowell »

Okay bad time to ask, maybe, but I'd still like someone to give me one more bell, just in case this 5-bell item actually does something useful. Pretty please?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (isolation #30) » Sun May 06, 2007 2:04 pm

Post by Lowell »

ac, FOS on you because you were hinting at another acceptable role name.

To be honest, my biggest fear in all this was that OTU
was
another cop, and that people wouldn't believe him, kill him, see he was a cop, and turn on me. Causing us to lose TWO cops.

Or, alternately, that OTU was scum but would claim a different character name, muddling the waters and giving us little to no way of knowing for sure whether he's telling the truth or not. The fact that you just out and mentioned another plausible cop name makes me think you
wanted
to throw him a bone, since you knew that by claiming the same role
and
name as me, he'd be screwing himself. For subtly trying to protect him I think you're scum.

Standard pitch: Still looking for bells here. I'm told the one and two-bell items are relatively useless. So, if someone who believes me could chuck me a bell, I'd have 5 and would be much obliged. I'm hoping the 5-bell item does something cool.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #603 (isolation #31) » Mon May 07, 2007 2:59 am

Post by Lowell »

Okay doc, remember, don't outthink yourself. Just protect me. I'll find us a scum...
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #631 (isolation #32) » Wed May 30, 2007 2:04 am

Post by Lowell »

Okay quick things:

bid: 2 bells

As far as I know, I have 6 bells. 2 to start, you guys gave me 2, yama gave me 1 (in the thread), and 1 for last night... 6, right?

Anyway, I want this item, please don't outbid me. If anyone has any extra bells, please pass them along, so that I can have this item AND the net, which I intend to buy.

NOW THE GOOD NEWS:

vote ~N9V~
. From last night's investigation.

Also, my innocent is still alive.

Two down. Let's keep it going.

PS- With N9V scum, I'm pretty sure I know one more. I'll be investigating that person tonight.

I'll have more to say on the Fircoal thing in a bit. Have to go to work.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (isolation #33) » Wed May 30, 2007 3:07 am

Post by Lowell »

Battle Mage wrote:lol wtf are you bidding 2 bells for an item, which you can simply buy for that price?
why not let another player get a cheap item?
note also that there are more items on offer today, so i wouldnt waste your money on the smaller things like a painting anyway.
Oops I wasn't paying attention. I thought we were bidding on the item AND the bells. Meaning, any bid under six would be worth it.

Also I didn't check the upgraded list. If someone gives me a couple bells, I'll buy the highest-priced item.

I'll explain the N9V investigation in a bit. I don't want to give too much away just yet.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #636 (isolation #34) » Wed May 30, 2007 3:11 am

Post by Lowell »

Oh dammit now I see.

vote for BELLS: Lowell

vote for LYNCH: ~N9V~

Also, can I retract my earlier bid??? :roll: Ugh, it's too hot today.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #645 (isolation #35) » Wed May 30, 2007 8:35 am

Post by Lowell »

~N9V~ wrote:Congrats Lowell.
Thanks.
~N9V~ wrote:But yes, why did you investigate me?
Why do you want to know? So your buddies don't make the same mistake? Oh, well, you've been a good sport, here goes:

1) You made a slightly strange comment about me "not directing the doc" after seeming angry that I claimed.
2) You then IMMEDIATELY (1 RL day) jump on the "we should believe Lowell-- for NOW" bandwagon, as it was becoming the cool thing to do.
3) Despite being on the "believe him" bandwagon, you ask for me to reveal my innocent, a plan obviously only conducive to scum (at which point I vote for you, and you quickly retreat).
4) You hide in the shadows during the OTU debate, noticeably absent AT ANY POINT when he's approaching lynch, only to at the last minute add your vote and tell him what a horrible claim it was. I think you were just frustrated that OTU all but ruined your team's chances of discrediting my claim (which, of course, he did).
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #659 (isolation #36) » Thu May 31, 2007 5:55 am

Post by Lowell »

DYH wrote: I'm not sure what the big uproar is about Lowell having all the bells and this stipulation of him giving some away? It's pretty obvious he's the cop, and IIRC has an innocent result, so I would
assume
he's willed everything to said person. Seems like a win-win.
I have, in fact, done so.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #668 (isolation #37) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:44 am

Post by Lowell »

Okay here we go.

GIVE 1 BELL TO IH

GIVE 1 BELL to PBug

There. Happy? Now let's get on with it.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #670 (isolation #38) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:49 am

Post by Lowell »

~N9V~ wrote:
Vote for Bells: Kison
Haha. Cute.

I'd better investigate Kison...

... or SHOULD I?....

... wait, no, I should...

... I mean, damn, no. Or did I already? I'm confused...

... crap, I give up... Good show, sir scum!
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #726 (isolation #39) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:02 am

Post by Lowell »

Bought the axe. Holy shit is it powerful. Doc protect me tonight!
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #740 (isolation #40) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:18 am

Post by Lowell »

vote lowell
for the bells.

I'll buy whatever the most expensive item is.

Three things:
1) I don't understand the flavor of the night scene, were both of them townies?
2) I got an
INNOCENT
result last night. That's the bad news. The good news is that both of my innocents are still alive.
3) At some point we're going to need to think about doing something about these bells in the hands of scum. I don't mind telling you the axe is REALLY powerful, and I hesitate to think what will happen if scum get enough to buy one, or something better. Just sayin...

Actually, I kind of want to reveal what the axe does (the mod said it's okay if I paraphrase). What does anyone think about that?

Also, DYH and Shanba. What can you tell me about the computer? You seem to know stuff.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #742 (isolation #41) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:22 am

Post by Lowell »

Okay thanks. I assume I'll buy the slot machine, since already have an axe, but just want to make sure I'm not leaving anything important on the table.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #760 (isolation #42) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:16 am

Post by Lowell »

I'll
vote NAR
. Fircoal seemed a little scummy, and NAR hasn't really done much. Also there was the comment on the message board, which makes me wonder.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #767 (isolation #43) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:03 am

Post by Lowell »

Okay NAR, I'll keep the
FOS NAR
's coming so you can keep chatting with us.

First, that claim makes no sense to me. Am I the only one who has no idea what the "artifacts" are?

TS, I'm assuming from your post that you have reason to suspect he's telling the truth. Is that right?

NAR- what do you make of the bulletin board saying you visited a player on the night they died?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #789 (isolation #44) » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:42 am

Post by Lowell »

now a ranger wrote:As I mentioned previously, I will give someone a double vote tomorrow if needed to confirm that I can do so.
I agree with this plan.
unvote

vote acfan
. Do you know something about the bulletin board that you're not telling us?

Also,
FOS Rand
. Yeah, that WAS a bit defensive.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #799 (isolation #45) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:12 am

Post by Lowell »

Bulletin Board wrote:From Day 1
"IH is scum! - The PO"

From Day 2
"You know that Nook's Portrait? Well, it let's you buy items that cost 5 or more bells with a 1-bell discount! Oh, and that message about IH? That was me. Sorry. -Pete"
Wiz, can you explain this to us? Did you write this? If so, why?

FOS NAR
both to keep him active, and because now I'm suspecting him again.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #826 (isolation #46) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:27 am

Post by Lowell »

now a ranger wrote:I did not put that on the board. If there is one person I think who should be looked more closely at, it's WizardCat.
post 800 makes me believe in his innocence, actually. It sounds sort of comically logical, and he seems to be fending off these attacks like someone with a sort of fun, but --- sorry wiz!-- relatively useless role.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #827 (isolation #47) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:28 am

Post by Lowell »

unvote, vote Pbug
. Since no one wants on the acfan wagon...

FOS NAR
lest he have something to add...
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #847 (isolation #48) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:25 am

Post by Lowell »

Hmm didn't expect to get prodded in THIS game. Hard to believe my interest is waning.

standard
FOS Nar
for his sake.

Shanba, can you make the case for TS a little better?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #873 (isolation #49) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:36 am

Post by Lowell »

I guess I'll add an
unvote, vote HH
to build this bandwagon. Though I'm not sure I'm totally sold on it yet.

I too would like to get more out of NAR (or his replacement) if at all possible. I'm interested in pursuing both these possible candidates.

FOS NAR
. Also,
FOS Tarhalindur
. I dont' like post 866. Obviously, if we get to the end, I'd let everyone know if he is one of my innocents. All your post does is encourage others to sit back and wait. You SHOULD want everyone to give opinions freely, and not just wait until certain people chime in.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #878 (isolation #50) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:34 am

Post by Lowell »

Oops. No, I hadn't intended to put HH at lynch-1. I just didnt' count and assumed the bandwagon didn't have that much steam.
unvote
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #915 (isolation #51) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:33 am

Post by Lowell »

vote TS

To give HH's idea some wings.

FOS NAR
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #917 (isolation #52) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:02 am

Post by Lowell »

*bump*

Anyone out there?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #953 (isolation #53) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:53 am

Post by Lowell »

I'd vote for a HH claim I think.

HH- to answer your question, I was voting for TS so that you could better make the case why she was the best choice. I do see the inherent value of having more than one lynch candidate. I'm still listening if you're up for it.

fos yb
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #966 (isolation #54) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:00 am

Post by Lowell »

Ooof. Wow.

1) I did not buy a blue diary. I have an axe and a slot machine, both of which are very powerful... the axe particularly.

2) The difference between HH and N9Vs claims is that N9V panicked and claimed the same ROLE NAME as me, despite acfan's curious prodding.

3) I'm not sure whether I believe him. I don't like the coincidence of HH claiming the role acfan mentioned earlier. Seems a bit too convenient. On the other hand, I certainly can't prove him wrong.

unvote

I agree with Shanba. Let him pass for now. However, I'll make two suggestions:

1) DOC, please protect Lowell instead of HH tonight. I know I know, folks will want to jump down my throat for this, but I think most of us can agree (even those who aren't sure about me) that I'm more confirmed than HH is. I'm a bit wary that this is a scum gambit designed to draw doc protection away from me.

2) HH, make a will distributing your bells evenly among your 3 innocents. That way if you ARE a cop and you DO die, we'll have all your investigations public.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #974 (isolation #55) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:24 am

Post by Lowell »

Shanab's right. I do want the doc protection. Not up to me, obviously, but still.

Frankly, HH, no offense, but I'm not sure I trust you. And seeing as you just claimed a role acfan hinted at for ANOTHER fake cop claim, I'm not sure why I necessarily should.

I DO know that I have two powerful items and two innocents to look after, and I'm not thrilled about the idea of coming up dead.

What I would suggest, however, is that anyone with TRACKER abilities target HH tonight. Obvious, maybe, but still. Even the threat of a tracker might keep him alive (assuming he's telling the truth).

fos yb
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #977 (isolation #56) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:03 am

Post by Lowell »

I can only carry two items at once, unfortunately.

I actually have plenty of bells, just no items.

HH, if you're actually a cop I think you'll be safe tonight. If there are 2 cops I find it hard to believe there isn't also at least one tracker who could watch you tonight to see if anyone attacks you.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1010 (isolation #57) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:57 am

Post by Lowell »

vote PBug

Better, I think, than the alternative.

FOS YB
for his sake.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1013 (isolation #58) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:29 am

Post by Lowell »

I will be gone from Aug 3-15th and will most likely not have internet access in that time.
mod
, I'd rather not be replaced if at all possible.

FOS yb
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1017 (isolation #59) » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:06 am

Post by Lowell »

I agree, let's get a lynch. If for no other reason than because I'll be gone in two days and won't be able to get my nightchoice in otherwise.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1042 (isolation #60) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:54 am

Post by Lowell »

Haha great, tons of bells.

Okay, very briefly:

I used an item to kill RAND ALTHOR. I just had a hunch about him, and I was right. So now I can buy another item if I want. Anyone have any ideas?

Also, I investigated BATTLE MAGE. Again, on a hunch. Of course, it turns out to have been wasted. 2/2 ain't bad, though.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1043 (isolation #61) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:01 am

Post by Lowell »

I won't have time to really analyze these kills for about a week, but two other meta thoughts:

1) I received a message from a player in this game giving me info on another player. The info itself isn't all that useful, but more important is the question of whether I can trust that person as town. That's what I'll be thinking about when I get back.

2) My two innocents are still both alive, and I've developed good hunches on some other players. I really feel like we're getting close to game-breaking mode here.

Like I said, more when I come back from vacation.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1046 (isolation #62) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:31 am

Post by Lowell »

Sorry, one more thing:

TS- Any idea why BM willed his bell to you? Gotta say, it doesn't look great, esp w/ another one of his will being.... you know... a bad guy.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1050 (isolation #63) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:04 am

Post by Lowell »

Toaster Strudel wrote:Alright! Giving actions acknowledged! I hope Lowell will give me a shoulder rub. To show his gratitude.
Better get me drunk first.

Until then,
vote TS
. Still not sure about this will of BMs. I guess maybe I'm playing into his hands. Whatever.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1077 (isolation #64) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:38 am

Post by Lowell »

Grek wrote:First, ac1983fan, voting Shamba seems like a bad idea. I was also unhappy that the game was moving so slow, but I couldn't post. The forums are still acting up on me.

Second,
Lowell wrote:1) I received a message from a player in this game giving me info on another player. The info itself isn't all that useful, but more important is the question of whether I can trust that person as town. That's what I'll be thinking about when I get back.
What exactly do you mean "Got a message"? Are you saying your a mason
and
a cop?
I'm saying I received a PM from another player, via the mod, and was told I could respond to that player (again, via the mod, of course) but I opted not to.

My guess is that this was due to some item or something. But I'm not sure.

Also, to whoever asked, my first two innocents are alive. Last night I investigated BM, who is dead.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1083 (isolation #65) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:06 pm

Post by Lowell »

I'm still thinking about it.

If I could figure out what to make of YOU, HH, I'd feel a lot more comfortable about some other things.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1099 (isolation #66) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:41 am

Post by Lowell »

Sorry I've been absent. I too would like to see a Vote Count.

To answer whoever's question. I dont' want to say who sent a message to me because if I could be revealing a pro-town player, if what they said is to be believed.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1101 (isolation #67) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:03 am

Post by Lowell »

It was a roleclaim. No accusations were made.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1108 (isolation #68) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:10 am

Post by Lowell »

Well since VC doesn't seem to be coming, I dont' want to risk a lynch here.

ACFAN is one of my innocents.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1112 (isolation #69) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:36 am

Post by Lowell »

No I have one other innocent, not three. It's HH with all the innocents, although I think many of us are starting to believe he's either (a) naive, or (b) a lying scumbag.

It occured to me as well that we probably have a Godfather, meaning my investigations might not be all that useful from this point on (and could potentially be damaging if, say, Acfan is said godfather). But whatever. I'd still rather go for someone I don't know anything about if it's all the same with you guys.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1126 (isolation #70) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:29 am

Post by Lowell »

Can I just round my numbers off and say I have approximately 1 billion bells? I'm way to lazy to figure out what it actually is.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1158 (isolation #71) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:22 am

Post by Lowell »

Screw it. Why not.

TARHALINDUR is my other innocent. Let's get this moving.

Also, no one buy the slot machine. It's useless.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1200 (isolation #72) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:27 am

Post by Lowell »

mod
, general question. Can we give items away?

Also, my vote is fine. I really dont' know what to think.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1212 (isolation #73) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:13 am

Post by Lowell »

Agreed. I would like a claim out of CKillor.

In fact, a mass-claim is in order, really.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1216 (isolation #74) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:09 am

Post by Lowell »

Wait hold on there. I'm Copper.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1230 (isolation #75) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:21 am

Post by Lowell »

Okay well I think I'm leaning towards believing ckillor. For two reasons:

1) DYH was the person I referred to earlier, who wrote me a message at night... and...

2) I investigated ckillor and got an innocent last night.

Comments? Questions?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1233 (isolation #76) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:19 am

Post by Lowell »

One other thing. I have an item that tells me we are NOT at lynch or lose yet. That makes me think there's just one scum left.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1234 (isolation #77) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:22 am

Post by Lowell »

And, assuming I'm reading the definition of my most recent purchase correctly, I should be immune from here on out to NKs. So that's a plus. If we dont' win this will be ridiculous.

Sorry for double post.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1239 (isolation #78) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:14 am

Post by Lowell »

okay
vote lowell for bells
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1241 (isolation #79) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:51 am

Post by Lowell »

1) No one has countered me as a COP, or as Copper.
2) No one else has claimed credit for the Rand NK

For me to be scum, you've got to believe there's no cop OR doc. I find that hard to believe. And as for your "there's no doc" point, it makes more sense in light of the item that I just bought. You can basically buy cop protection at the market, which I have done.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1245 (isolation #80) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:32 am

Post by Lowell »

ckillor wrote:well there is a doc item that lowell probably has, i mean, with all the bells we keep feeding him it would be easy to buy. i spurged at the beginning on the day(last week) and bought it. im not sure however how long it has been on the market

i thought he investigated me becasue i did look sortof scummy at the time. or that how i felt i looked.
ckillor is correct on both counts.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1247 (isolation #81) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:34 am

Post by Lowell »

I've tried not to give away my night choices, lest scum are trying to kill off those they think I'm investigating.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1259 (isolation #82) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:11 am

Post by Lowell »

FOS grek

Is he the one who claimed the odd restriction? If so, here you go.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1267 (isolation #83) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:20 am

Post by Lowell »

We are NOT at lynch or lose.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1269 (isolation #84) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:26 am

Post by Lowell »

Ah yes, as in fact there seem to be. Fair enough.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1272 (isolation #85) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:40 am

Post by Lowell »

give slot machine to first person to say they want it

I dont' want it. Take it please.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1273 (isolation #86) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:19 am

Post by Lowell »

Oops I take that back. I already used it. Nevermind.

Regardless, at this stage of the game it's a relatively useless item. Carry on.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1279 (isolation #87) » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:26 am

Post by Lowell »

For the record, I'm completely disregarding my innocent reports at this point. Not to say I'm sure they're guilty or anything, but I do think it's likely we're dealing with an investigation-immune SK and Godfather.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1281 (isolation #88) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:00 am

Post by Lowell »

Except that NO ONE ELSE has claimed copper, and you yourself claimed "naive" cop. If anyone looks bad, it's you.

FTR, I did NOT use an axe last night. My only axe kill was Rand a few nights back.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1287 (isolation #89) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:21 am

Post by Lowell »

Wow. So we must be after an SK, eh?

Or does anyone want to claim responsibility for that kill.

For the record, I investigated Hacker and got an innocent. But, like I said, I think we're most likely dealing with investigation-proof role at this point anyway.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1298 (isolation #90) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:17 am

Post by Lowell »

I have. It is not automatically used. You have to specificially use it, I believe.

The peachy shirt is of course what I've been referring to with night immunity. I have enough to survive the game at this point, but I don't have enough bells to spread around.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1299 (isolation #91) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:23 am

Post by Lowell »

Sorry, I'm lazy. Someone run down a list of claims again for me, please.

My thoughts at the moment are that ckillor is probably innocent, and I'm leaning towards Tar being clean as well. I'll vote for either Yama or Hacker soon.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1303 (isolation #92) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:38 am

Post by Lowell »

Tarhalindur wrote:Wait a minute.

I went looking for Hacker's breadcrumbs. I didn't find them, but I noticed something far, far more interesting:
StallingChamp wrote:
T
o the doubters, I believe the claim.
H
onestly, why would a scum fake claim like that?
E
arly on, such as this, all that could happen is the real cop counters, outs the scum, and gets protected every night by the doc.

R
ealistically, it makes no sense for them to take such a huge risk, with little payout.
E
veryone will naturally be more suspicious of him than the average guy.
A
ssuming he is the real cop is our best option here, since it will cost us little.
L
ynching him now could cost us a power role, but letting him live will force him to bus his buddies or be lynched.

C
ollectively, I think we shoud give him these 2 bells and watch him very closely.
O
f course, I disagree with giving him ALL of our bells, I think that just these two will be fine for now, until we have more proof.
P
eculiar as his claim may sound, lets just go with it, letting him live, but watching him closely.

I
nstinct tells me that we should believe the claim.
S
omething in his post gives me a good sign, but I would rather not divulge it right now.

M
ost importantly, if we have a doc, protect Lowell for the time being.
E
ven if we aren't 100% sure of his claim, we don't want to risk losing a cop.
That's enough for me to believe Hacker's claim, which leaves Yamahako and Lowell ( :shock: ) as my scum candidates (I do NOT believe that there are four investigative roles in the game, for several reasons).

I need to think this over.
Hahahaha.

You've got to be kidding me. This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Think it through.

So, Tar, you're saying you believe HH because he breadcrumbed an innocent on HIMSELF. AND, you're saying he's LYING about being a naive cop (for some reason) and KNOWS me not to be the cop (which somehow he figured out).

HH, let me ask you directly before this dumbness clears you. Are you saying you are (a) a non-naive cop, and (b) have a guilty result on me?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1304 (isolation #93) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:43 am

Post by Lowell »

Oh I get it.

There's another interpretation here I hadn't considered.

I'll wait for HH's response.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1306 (isolation #94) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:57 am

Post by Lowell »

Okay I see.

So, wouldn't spelling SpinWizard backwards mean you got a guilty on him?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1307 (isolation #95) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:42 am

Post by Lowell »

Looking at stalling's posts, HH's claim does fit. I'm putting him on my "unlikely" list at this point.

I'm moving Tar up higher and higher as we go on, especially given his last post. If it is true that HH is naive, then I DON'T think it is unreasonable to think that we'd have a cop, naive cop, and a tracker-sorta-thing. That's 1 pure investigaive role and 2 quasi-investigative roles, plus a "fake" investigative role (HH). In general, naive cops do more bad than good (outing real cops, countering real cops, etc). This could make up for the balance...

As well, your reaction to discovering Stalling's hidden message doesn't add up. Your first reaction should have been, "oh, that clears HH." NOT, "oh, therefore Lowell is a suspect."

It's down to Yama and Tar for me now. Despite Tar's earlier post, I'm still leaning towards him being town thanks to his general playstyle and activeness.

vote yama
. To get things moving.

If it's not yama, I'll be voting for Tar tomorrow.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1313 (isolation #96) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:47 am

Post by Lowell »

No. Don't know what the portrait does.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1315 (isolation #97) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:09 am

Post by Lowell »

Tar bugs me for some reason.

FOS Tar

I feel we're all being shy with opinions of late. What gives? Someone break this game open for me. Who's scum and why?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1318 (isolation #98) » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:31 am

Post by Lowell »

So, again... to believe I'm the scum, do you realize what you're asking?

You're saying that, on D1, I fake-claimed not only a power role, but a SPECIFIC NAME.

Then, I was counterclaimed by.... a scum, who we then lynched.

After that, I gave you 3 more scum, including 2 I investigated and one I killed with an AXE.

No one has EVER counterclaimed my name or role, and the other cop has proven to be naive.

So, how exactly would I have known who the scum were if I'm not a cop? Or, if I'm a scum, how did I manage to convince THREE of my teammates to lie down and die so I could progress?

Okay, here's the thing. Tar now clearly looks like he's trying to ride the popular wave (Yama) while holding another candidate (me) in reserve. Combined with recent misgivings about Yama as scum, I'm very very happy with this vote:

unvote, vote Tar
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1319 (isolation #99) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:41 am

Post by Lowell »

Hmm I expected a more dramatic reaction than silence.

Folks, I'm pretty sure about this one. Comments, concerns?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1330 (isolation #100) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:36 am

Post by Lowell »

My investigation was blocked. Who wants credit?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1333 (isolation #101) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:38 am

Post by Lowell »

Keep in mind, I didn't get an INNOCENT... I got roleblocked... no one can tell me why?

Ckillor... give me a scenario... ANY scenario... with me as scum that fits what has happened so far...

Give me a minute to think this through. Right now I'm leaning towards ckillor being the SK/last scum/whatever, but I'm IN NO WAY preparted to vote.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1335 (isolation #102) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:00 am

Post by Lowell »

Questions for each of you, if you don't mind. My problem here is that you've both proven abilities, but I'm not so sure why I should buy one as more likely to be scum ability than the other.

ckillor, as far as I can recall, yama's only power (that he's telling us of) is that he can close down the shop. tell me again how yama's role fits with the other scum? Or am I missing something?

yama, why would ckillor as SK would have so many one-shot abilities (in addition to being investigation-immune)?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1340 (isolation #103) » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:14 am

Post by Lowell »

Ckillor, the role name connection is interesting. Not knowing anything about the show, I hadn't thought about it.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1342 (isolation #104) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:24 am

Post by Lowell »

All right I'm ready to make up my mind.

yama's point about the last killer being an SK pretty much has to be right, since no one claimed responsibility for it using an axe.

I can see the possibility of SK having various one-shot powers, and generally I've found ckillor much less helpful in progressing the game.

vote ckillor

yama, very well played if I'm wrong. you deserve to win.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1343 (isolation #105) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:27 am

Post by Lowell »

unvote

okay i panicked, buyer's remorse!

yama, explain this: "
on thinking about it - if all Ckillors one-shot abilities could be duplicated with items, then its possible the SK just got more bells than most people to spend. "

can't you see when peopel buy items from your shop?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1351 (isolation #106) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:52 pm

Post by Lowell »

Okay that's fine. I'm now convinced.

Again, if I'm wrong, very well played yama.

vote ckillor
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1358 (isolation #107) » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:30 am

Post by Lowell »

uh, why is this game still going?

yama, I have an army of peachy shirts... you can't kill me!

Good job though.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1359 (isolation #108) » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:34 am

Post by Lowell »

oh, and
vote yama

yama, I investigated you and got a guilty. I think you should change your vote.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1360 (isolation #109) » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:40 am

Post by Lowell »

mod
, can we get a deadline for like, say, 2 minutes from now?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1362 (isolation #110) » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:11 am

Post by Lowell »

No kidding :roll:
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1369 (isolation #111) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:10 am

Post by Lowell »

Yeah the way I have to just sit here and wallow in my badness....
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1370 (isolation #112) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:11 am

Post by Lowell »

unvote, vote no lynch
. End game please...
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1371 (isolation #113) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:13 am

Post by Lowell »

unvote, vote no lynch
. End game please...
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1374 (isolation #114) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:37 am

Post by Lowell »

Good game, Yama.

I'm very disappointed in myself for this one. I feel like we had this game under control.

The whole game it never occured to me that we were dealing with 2 mafia groups rather than a mafia and an SK.

Tar and ckillor, in particular... sorry!
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1391 (isolation #115) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:26 am

Post by Lowell »

Battle Mage wrote:Wow, awesome result! Well Done Yama! :D

I gotta say i thought my performance in this game while i was alive, was pretty good. Lowell seemed to trust me more than most people at the time, which was good, and i felt i had a good grasp on the game before i was brutally killed (presumably by the other scumgroup). I guess that's a compliment too.

Anyway, when i died, i cant say i was exactly optimistic about ABR's chances of winning alone, so Yama must've done amazingly to survive and win such a long game! :o

VICTORY! :D
Of course, you'd have been dead anyway, because I investigated you and got a guilty on the night you died. I was sort of perversely disappointed to, because that was the same night I used an axe on Rand. It would have been fun to get 2 in one night!
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1392 (isolation #116) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:29 am

Post by Lowell »

BTW, I'm claiming cop D1 all the time from now on...

Now I just have to work on that "bad at the game" aspect of my play...
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1394 (isolation #117) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:42 am

Post by Lowell »

Because I thought you were scummy, natch.

Actually I dont' remember specifically, but I knew my two targets for that night were going to be you and Rand, and I went back and forth about who to kill and who to investigate.

I think, ultimately, I decided to kill Rand and investigate you because I thought, if I were wrong, that you would be more useful to the town than Rand would, just because of your experience.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”