GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Restriction Mafia III - Game Over!

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:54 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

Over the past few weeks, mafias have been popping up all over. In cities across the countryside: from idle Vallensburg to the larger Garren’s Creek, towns across the country have had mafias formed by angry citizens. Some succeeded, and some failed. The largest attacks seemed to take place at Turroville and Townelle, moderately large towns located in the southern fields. Luckily, both failed (well, Townelle did fall to a ‘Duo Killer’ faction, but that’s not really a mafia).

Now, our attention shifts to the proud city of Capitalismo. The capital city, it’s a shining city overlooking everything else, with large buildings, happy people, and amazing leadership, under the head of Governor Scott Zelchmen. Everything seems fine. At least, it was, until the governor held an emergency meeting.

“Citizens of Capitalismo, today I have shocking news. I have received word from that the towns of Turroville and Townelle have both been hit by mafias. I also suspect that the mafia may strike here next.

Whether or not these attacks are related is not our concern. What is, however, is that measures be taken to prevent such a disaster here. A messenger from the countryside, however, has a plan. To avoid being put on the mafia’s hit list, his identity will not be revealed.”

The messenger then took the podium. He was greeted with cheers from the audience.

“Thank you, citizens of Capitalismo. According to my research, the people of Townelle used a lynching system to resolve the problem. While that may seem barbaric, according to my papers here, the same was done at Turroville with excellent results. So, what I’m saying is, we should try it here.”

“I’m not so sure,” said the mayor, “I was thinking more of trying...”

“Do you want everyone here to die, or not?” asked the stranger, “The mafia is smart, cunning, sneaky, cruel, and will use every trick in the book to achieve victory. To prevent us from being screwed over, we’ll can your investigative method and try lynching. OK?”

“I’ve brought with me this computerized device,” the stranger said, showing a fancy gizmo. “This device will be able to detect if any of us says ‘Vote: Person.” When the alarm goes off, whoever’s name is on the screen gets lynched. Obviously, the alarm goes off when majority is reached.”

“Still,” said the governor, “this crude system is far below the ethics of-“

“Screw ethics!” shouted someone from the crowd, “We want blood! If the mafia thinks they can just come in here and kill innocents, they can think again!”

“Precisely what I was thinking,” said the messenger. “If you’ll excuse me, I’m going to do some more research on the history of such occurrences.”

The mayor, outmatched by the arguments of the people, was forced to go with the lynching method. They began to charge up the batteries of the vote count device just in case.

-----------------
Arriving at his hotel room, the messenger hung up his coat, before turning and seeing two people standing right behind him.

Both of them had guns, but besides looking like they just got out of the hospital, looked oddly familiar. However, they didn’t fire the guns. They instead identified the stranger and holstered their weapons.

“So,” asked one of them, “how’d it go?”

“Hook, line, and sinker,” the messenger replied, “give someone some device to make something easier, and they’ll probably do what you want.”

“It’s getting dark,” said the other stranger, “we’d better get out there. Who do you think we need to take out first?”

“I don’t know. But no matter what, this is going to be freaking hilarious.”

PLAYERS

ALIVE

6) Mariyta
replaced StallingChamp, who replaced Oberon

7) bertrand
8) Mastermind of Sin
15) EmpTyger
replaced Lordy

22) Skruffs
replaced W!nt3r, who replaced Sotty7

DECEASED

13) ChannelDelibird (Rue Dass/Goon) Lynched Day 1
10) three word name (AOL Chatter/Message Sender) Blown up Day 1
24) kirbyphreak (The Spammer/Power-Upper) Shot Night 2
21) ziliu (Top Secret Agent/Missions) Lynched? Day 2
17) spectrumvoid (Secret Agent/Vig) Blown up Day 2
18) Primate (Small Furde Guy/Power-Upper) Shot Night 3
11) CrashTextDummy (CPEG/Buildup SK) Lynched Day 3
4) Rosso Carne (Trio Killer #1/Mafia) Exploded Day 3
16) Cogito Ergo Sum (Minus/Mason) Exploded Day 3
3) Twomz (Evil Steve/Goon) Exploded Day 3
20) DrippingGoofball (Mario/Inventor) Blown up Day 3
14) neongrey (Court Recorder/Forensics Cop) Shot Night 4
9) Nightson (Return of Kamakazi/Kamakazi) Blown up Day 4
19) M4yhem (Pikachu/Cop) Shot Night 5
1) IH (Trio Killer #2/Mafia) Lynched Day 5
12) ShadowLurker (Mathematician/Townie) Blown up Day 5
2) Ether (Ultimate Inventor Guy/Inventor) Shot Night 6
5) Thok (The Mayor's Advisor/Godfather) 'Lynched' Day 6
23) Smashy (Scooby-Doo/Tracker) Blown up Day 6
Last edited by GreenLiquid on Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:26 pm, edited 37 times in total.
Avatar courtesy of Chickadee! | GTKAL
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:56 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

TECHNICAL RULES

1- In order for a lynch to occur, a majority vote, rounding up, must be made against a particular lynch candidate. The second that majority is reached, that person is considered dead and may say nothing more game related. If for whatever reason you want to vote ‘no lynch,’ ask your friendly neighborhood mod if it’s allowed.
2- Twilight is officially defined as the time after a majority has been reached but before the lynch scene has been posted. This isn’t the Webster’s definition, it’s my definition. But of course my definition is oh so more important.
3- If your role says you can talk with other people, you can, but only with whom it says and only when it says. If the role does not say you can talk with other people, all communication about this game MUST stay in this thread until the game is over.
4- As soon as you are dead (reached majority vote or killed in a night scene or day-kill scene), you are dead. You may post nothing game related (not even a suspicion) beyond this point. You may make one ‘Bah’ post, but it should contain nothing that could potentially alter the outcome of the game.
5- Day deadlines may be imposed upon the town if day has lasted too long, players are inactive, or if the mod finds reason to do so. If a majority is not reached before the deadline hits, the day will end in a No Lynch. If a No Lynch is for whatever reason disallowed, the person with the most votes is lynched (in case of tie, one of the tied chosen at random).
6- Night deadlines are always imposed. You have until this deadline to get in your night choice, if you have one. If you need night to be extended for whatever reason, PM me and I’ll see what I can do.
7-
Important:
The mod reserves the right to modify these rules or your role at any time without advance warning. This particularly applies if you attempt to find a loophole in your role or post restriction. So don’t try to do that.

MOD RULES

1- Bold your votes, bold your unvotes. You do want them to be counted, right? In addition, unvote before revoting. It’ll make my life (and yours) much easier.
2-
NEVER
ever quote your role, or any part of any PM I send you. Period. You may paraphrase these PMs unless I tell you not to. Failure to heed this rule will result in a modkill. Not kidding here. What, did you think I was?
3- If, during any night, you do not wish to make a night choice, please inform me of this. It’ll make night go faster, so you can all get back to your little wild goose chase funhouse.
4- If you are going to be gone for an extended period of time (72 hours or more), I’d appreciate it if you’d post a notice in the thread. You could post a notice in V/LA, but there’s a chance that I might not notice it and end up replacing you for inactivity or something. Yeah, I’m not omniscient, ok?
5- If you are not actually going to be gone, try to post often. Every day would be ideal, but this is probably not possible for many of you, so just try to do so whenever you have spare time and access to mafiascum. Oversleeping townies are a real pain in the rear, y’know?
6- And of course, please be nice to everyone. That includes me. I may be the mod, but I’m a person too. Of course, a few cuss words here and there are nothing, as long as we’re not directly insulting people with them. That wouldn’t be very nice, would it?
no

7- Don’t edit your posts. No, don’t even think about it. YOU HEARD ME! Just because that ‘edit’ button is crying out to you after you just noticed a glaring Freudian Slip in your post does not mean you should listen to Mr. Edit Button and give him a click. NO!
8- Have you ever heard of people talking invisibly? Does that even make sense? Didn’t think so. That means that invisible, super-tiny, and screwy-character text is not allowed. You can hide little secret messages in your posts if you want to, but don’t come crying to me if the town finds your message to your scum buddies hidden in every 4th letter of your post.
9-
THE MOD IS YOUR SUPREME DESPOT LEADER! OBEY HIM!
The mod may have specific instructions based on certain game mechanics and things like that. Although you may not understand their function, they are there for a reason, so obey them. In addition, there are some rules that I cannot actually directly enforce, so I’ll have to use the honors system. Just obey the rules, and we’ll all get along, and I won’t have to strike anyone down. Ok? Ok.
10- And of course, the exceptions rule. There’s an exception to every rule, and these rules are included. Based on certain game mechanics and whatnot, there is a chance that there may be exceptions, additions, or exemptions to these rules. If something I say in thread or by PM conflicts with these rules, whatever I said will most likely be correct. These rules were designed to be uniform to most games I run and as such may not accurately represent all role mechanics, so read what I have to say in thread and in your role PM carefully. Your diligence will be rewarded.
11- HAVE FUN!! This rule is perhaps the most important. Well, scratch that, number 9 is. Yeah.

SPECIAL POST RESTRICTION RULES

1- This is a Post Restriction Mafia game. This means that most, if not all, roles will have a restriction. A ‘restriction’ is defined as some sort of limitation or requirement attached to your posts. You are expected to follow your restriction as closely as possible.
2- Have fun with your restriction! Spice things up and make things flavorful, which will make the game so much more fun to play.
3- I will be treating slip-ups with a three strike system. You have two ‘warnings’ before I will have to replace you or modkill you. This doesn’t always apply: in some cases you may have to be immediately modkilled if you mess up (based on the impact it may have on the game), so as a general rule follow your restrictions. Also note that the three strike system is only for mistakes: if it’s obvious that you intentionally defied your post restriction, it’s possible you’ll be immediately replaced or modkilled. If you try to use the warning system or whatever to try to confirm yourself, well, then you’re just asking for it.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:00 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

RESOURCES

1) Post Restriction Mafia I

2) Post Restriction Mafia II

You may find the previous two games in the trilogy helpful to read, so dig in!
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:22 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

I'm going to start sending out roles now, but there's a chance I might have to stop before they have all been sent.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:41 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

I will be sending out all remaining roles now. For now, it is Confirm & Night 1 time! Please send in your choices at this time.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #5) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:10 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

All roles are now out. Night 1!
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #6) » Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:17 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

Missing 4 confirms. They are due tommorow at 6:00PM, or else I will be replacing.

Prodding anyone who hasn't confirmed.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #7) » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:45 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

Since we've got our confirms in, I will set a Night 1 deadline for tommorow at 1:00PM (EST). Get your choices in!
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:05 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

Everyone awakes. It is DAY 1 of the tragedy that is to follow. You head to the town square to see Governor Scott Zelchmen holding a piece of paper.

"Citizens!" he shouts, "I have here undeniable evidence of a mafia!"

Although the evidence was indeed undeniable, it seemed odd that nobody was killed last night.

Not only that, but the ever-resourceful governor also had with him another document which confirmed bertrand as a mod-confirmed innocent.

With this, you begin your lynching procedure.

24 Alive, 12 to Lynch.
Last edited by GreenLiquid on Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:00 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

As the action went on, the bot tallied the votes. All of a sudden it beeps, and projects a hologram like such:

Hologram wrote:
VOTE COUNT

ziliu (4)- Smashy, DGb, bertrand, Nightson
kirbyphreak (3)- Neongrey, three word name, Primate
lordy (3)- MOS, Oberon, ziliu
M4yhem (2)- Twomz, Ether
MOS (2)- CES, lordy
ChannelDelibird (1)- M4yhem
DrippingGoofball (1)- Sotty7
neongrey (1)- spectrumvoid
Nightson (1)- ChannelDelibird
Rosso Carne (1)- kirbyphreak
spectrumvoid (1)- CrashTextDummie

IF AN ERROR IS SPOTTED, PLEASE ENTER IT VIA MANUAL OVERRIDE.

END VOTECOUNT
Last edited by GreenLiquid on Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:51 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

The device beeps and a blue LED on its top flashes. It then projects an updated count of votes:
VOTE COUNT

ziliu (4)- Smashy, DGb, bertrand, lordy, CES
lordy (3)- MOS, Oberon, ziliu
Nightson (3)- neongrey, kirbyphreak, ubertimmy
M4yhem (2)- Ether, three word name
bertrand (1)- Twomz
ChannelDelibird (1)- M4yhem
CrashTextDummie (1)- Nightson
neongrey (1)- spectrumvoid
Oberon (1)- CrashTextDummie
Primate (1)- ChannelDelibird
Smashy (1)- ShadowLurker
Twomz (1)- Primate

IF AN ERROR IS SPOTTED, PLEASE ENTER IT VIA MANUAL OVERRIDE.

END VOTECOUNT
Last edited by GreenLiquid on Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (isolation #11) » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:23 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

Amidst the confusion in the town, people started shouting and talking, rather randomly, and all of a sudden the robot went beeping, flashing ChannelDelibird's name. He is quickly lynched.

Although the people of this town weren't totally knowledgable about the person, it was clear from the messenger's reports whom it was. None other than Rue Dass, who was supposedtedly shot in Turroville.

ChannelDelibird (Rue Dass/Goon) Lynched Day 1

As you begin to wrap up for the day, someone says that they hear some strange noise. Everyone shuts up, and can hear a faint humming noise in the distance. Whatever it is, it's getting louder.

Eventually, someone sees a black speck in the distance. In the sky, some black speck is getting closer and closer, and it's the cause of the humming noise.

Someone goes off to get their binoculars in order to more closely view this mystery object. It loops down, and everyone gets a good view of the side. It's a cruise missile!

Suddenly, with a deafening boom, it crashes and explodes right on three word name, blowing him into bloody chunks. After searching his home, you dicern him to be AOL Chatter, a message sender.

three word name (AOL Chatter/Message Sender) Blown up Day 1

It is now Night 2. Choices are due by Monday morning. Get 'em in on time!
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:14 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

As the sun rises, the beams of sunlight spread an orange glow over the houses of Capitalismo. The people arose and reported back to the town hall to see what had happened overnight.

Kirbyphreak was found with three bullet wounds to the chest and another right to the forehead. He was lying just by a dumpster, so it was apparent that the mafia had just dumped his body there. He was the
Spammer
, and was a Power-Upper.

Cogito Ergo Sum is still in bed, but not out of laziness, nor of death. He's hacking his guts out, it looks like he's very badly ill. He will not be able to speak at all today.

DAY 2! Now, 21 are alive, so it's 11 to lynch.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (isolation #13) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:00 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

The device beeps, then makes a crackling noise. After several kicks, it projects the first count of the day onto a nearby building:
ziliu (4)- Twomz, Smashy, Nightson, Sotty7
Twomz (3)- spectrumvoid, MOS, Primate
DrippingGoofball (1)- CES
Nightson (1)- ShadowLurker
Smashy (1)- M4yhem
Last edited by GreenLiquid on Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (isolation #14) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:37 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

The lynch count device suddenly starts blaring, with ziliu's name registering. The town rushes to him and quickly hangs him.

"What the hell is going on here?" shouts Zelchmen as he storms out of the Town Hall.

Everyone looks puzzled, but then Zelchmen holds up a hand for silence. "You idiots! Ziliu only had 5 votes!"

"Wait a sec," said somebody, "you mean that the machine was screwed up?"

"NO!!! I mean somebody intentionally rigged it to do this! How naive can you get, for crying out loud?"

Amid the arguing, someone looked up.

"Duck!" somebody shouted. Everyone turned around to see a missile flying right towards the town square. The townspeople began to scatter, but the missile continued to follow spectrumvoid as he scattered out of the way. A final explosion utterly destroyed him.

Ironically, both were Secret Agents. However, ziliu was a Top Secret Agent, sworn to secrecy about his missions, while spectrumvoid specialized in assassination.

ziliu (Top Secret Agent/Missions) Lynched? Day 2
spectrumvoid (Secret Agent/Vig) Blown up Day 2

It is now NIGHT 3! Choices are due by Sunday at 6:00PM.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (isolation #15) » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:56 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

The sun rises again over Capitalismo. It should be expected that there was a death, because indeed, Primate lie dead on the streets. He was Small Furde Guy.

Scott seems sure that the 'fluke' won't happen again. I suppose only time will tell on that particular subject.

Nothing else to report. Get to work!

Primate (Small Furde Guy/Power-Upper) Shot Night 3
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (isolation #16) » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:03 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

18 alive, 10 to lynch
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (isolation #17) » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:23 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

REPLACEMENTFEST IN CAPITALISMO

Starting tommorow, I will begin seeking replacements for inactive people. Even if you have nothing to say, post! That is all.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (isolation #18) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:01 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

That's a lynch.

The town surrounded CrashTextDummie after hearing that he is supposedly guilty. CTD slowly backed away. After a moment of this, CTD cried out:

"I'm just a teenage girl! Don't kill me!"

The town didn't quite believe this story, and took even more steps towards CTD. After some voting, the votecount device went off, and that's when the croud rushed for CTD.

CTD began fleeing, first by jumping over a trash can on its side, then climbing a fence, and even climbing a fire escape. The ever nimble town, though, was in hot pursuit. They continued to follow CTD through all of this, up onto the roof of the building where the lynch apparatus was.

CTD backed to the lynch rope, then bumped into it. Turning around, he realized that he'd taken himself to the wrong building. People began approaching. Then, someone grabbed him and stuck his neck through the noose.

He began to choke to death, when he, with his last remaining strength, pulled his neck up a small amount so he could speak (in a shaky, crackling voice) and began to address the croud.

"You... are going to regret... this! I may not have... gotten much done... but at least you'll get to... see... my unfinished handiwork!"

CTD brandished a small remote with a single button on it. Someone tried to swat it from his hand, but it was a bit too late. What came next happened quickly and took everyone off guard.

Rosso Carne exploded. As in, literally, just exploded into a bloody mess. People ran away and screamed at the top of their lungs. They began to run from the lynch rope and remains of Rosso.

Cogito ducked behind a vent and put his hands over his head. Didn't matter, because all of a sudden he exploded into a gory pile too. A piece of shrapnel... one of Cogito's bones, actually, flew right at Twomz. He ducked, but that didn't make much of a difference because he too exploded.

All of a sudden, a low humming noise was heard. A cruise missile streaked into view before blowing DrippingGoofball to bits.

People still huddled in fear for hours after this. Finally, when it was apparent that the carnage was over, people walked back (still scared half to death) to their houses. What a day!

The only good news here is that you got three bad guys, which is pretty impressive. The bad? This can't be a good sign of things to come...

CrashTextDummie (CPEG/Buildup SK) Lynched Day 3
Rosso Carne (Trio Killer #1/Mafia) Exploded Day 3
Cogito Ergo Sum (Minus/Mason) Exploded Day 3
Twomz (Evil Steve/Goon) Exploded Day 3
DrippingGoofball (Mario/Inventor) Blown up Day 3

NIGHT 4! Your choices are due Friday Evening!
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (isolation #19) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:27 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

The deadline has been extended to Sunday Evening.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (isolation #20) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:25 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

Crappe! I totally forgot about mafiascum until just now. Sorry guys!

Anyways, Neongrey is dead, thanks to a bullet in his head. He was the Court Recorder.

So...

neongrey (Court Recorder/Forensics Cop) Shot Night 4
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (isolation #21) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:26 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

REPLACEMENTFEST Update

Thok replaces Ubertimmy. Still looking for other replacements.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (isolation #22) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:29 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

12 left (we're down to mini size!) so 7 to lynch.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (isolation #23) » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:06 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

It looks like a few posts were lost in the crash. It's nothing much, so the day'll just continue from this point. If you know what you posted and want to post it again, feel free.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (isolation #24) » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:53 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

Due to the site crash, we may have some players who have left mafiascum for good. Anyone who is still around, please post so that we know you're here. After a few days we'll see how many people are still playing, and the rest can be replaced.

To help get people get back into the game, I'm going to reset things to the start of Day 4. The pre-crash posts will still be here, but any hidden day events and votes will be reset. This should help people who can't remember why their vote was on someone or totally forgot what had happened.

The number is still 7 to lynch. Have fun!
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (isolation #25) » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:14 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

If we need to do that over, the choice is still clear. vote: Thok
I'd rather it be done again just to get people back into the game before night. It'll be the most useful method for seeing who needs replacing.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (isolation #26) » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:44 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

That's a Thok lynch.

Thok is dragged to the gallows and the town preps the noose. Zelchmen comes out to observe what you're doing.

"Wait a minute," he inquires, "is that Thok?"

The town confirms his suspicion but the governor pulls a document from behind his back. "Before you do any lynching, read this."

The document is an official government decree forbidding anyone from lynching Thok today.

"Well, crap. Off to bed, then?"

It is now Night 5! Choices are due the 5th (long night due to probable inactiveness of players).
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (isolation #27) » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:47 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

2nd REPLACEMENTFEST In Capitalismo!

Thanks to the site crash, we will be having another Replacementfest! By morning, there should be several people requiring replacement. Even if you do not have a power role, please either PM me or post in this thread (hence why I'm leaving it open) to show that you have returned. Anyone who has not done so by the 5th shall be replace'd!
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (isolation #28) » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:50 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

The town gets up after hearing this weird noise. It's kind of hard to describe, but it sounded kind of like a 'boom.' Also of note is the fact that Nightson's organs are no longer connected to each other.

REJOICE, however, as Nightson was in fact a Kamakazi (gasp) trying to get lynched!

Nightson (Return of Kamakazi/Kamakazi) Blown up Day 4
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (isolation #29) » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:20 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

It is time for Replacementfest in Captalismo. I will begin seeking replacements for players who have yet to check in.

It is NOT YET day. So that means no posting anything game-related. Thanks!
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (isolation #30) » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:24 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

IH replaces Armlx.

Replacementfest still continues, we need a few more replacements.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (isolation #31) » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:46 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

Replacementfest is still underway, but I realize that the game may well die if it continues for long. With that in mind, I'm going to do something a little unorthodox, and go ahead and 'revert' the game to twilght. You'll still have the lynch/twilight kill info, but choices and whatnot can still be sent in as if it were night.

With that, I'm going to open the thread for discussion again. Hopefully, the game should stay alive long enough for me to get all AWOL folks accounted for.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (isolation #32) » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:11 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

As much as I don't want to do it, if we don't get replacements soon, the game may have to be euthanized. To say the least, it would be upsetting, as it could cause a lapse in the post restriction storyline.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (isolation #33) » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:12 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

World map posted (which I've finally gotten around to doing) in the first post. We still need replacements, but I will say there is now a very slim chance of this game dying on us...
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (isolation #34) » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:54 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

Looks like EmpTyger replaces lordy!
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (isolation #35) » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:54 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

StallingChamp replaces Oberon, and with that, 2nd Replacementfest comes to a close. Day 5 will dawn in just a few...
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (isolation #36) » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:57 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

Day dawns with M4yhem's corpse lying in the town square. He was Pikachu, the town's cop.

DAY 5 is finally here!
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (isolation #37) » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:02 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

I don't think I mentioned this previously, but it's 6 to lynch with 10 alive.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (isolation #38) » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:32 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

As requested, lists of replacements have been added to the opening post.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (isolation #39) » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:07 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

Let's keep the game going, people! With 10 people alive we should be having more activity than this...
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (isolation #40) » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:16 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

First Vote Count of D5

Smashy (3) - Thok, Ether, Mastermind of Sin
Thok (1) - Smashy

6 Votes to Lynch
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (isolation #41) » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:57 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

Update: I am looking for a replacement for Sotty7.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (isolation #42) » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:19 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

Yes, I realize it's new years, but I also realize that we have a lot of players still alive. There may be a deadline in your near future.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (isolation #43) » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

Still looking for a Sotty7 replacement, but not having much luck.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (isolation #44) » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:48 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

Actually, forget that. W!nt3r replaces Sotty7, effective as soon as he confirms in-thread.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (isolation #45) » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:46 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

Thok hasn't appeared to have posted since the beginning of day, so a prod will be issued.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (isolation #46) » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:22 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

I'm not sure where the heck W!nt3r is, so I might have to go replacement hunting for Sotty7 again.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (isolation #47) » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:45 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

Prodding some inactive folks. For the third time in the last week, a full 24 hours has gone without posts, so I have no choice but to deadline.

Deadline for January 12, 8:00PM (EST). Deadline rules apply if deadline hits without a lynch. I may extend the deadline if people participate.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (isolation #48) » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:26 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

Considering W!nt3r promised to post on the 3rd and still hasn't picked up my prod, I will continue the replacement hunt. StallingChamp may also be replaced, so I'm extending the Deadline to the 16th.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (isolation #49) » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:46 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

IH was lynched. He was, luckily for you all, a Trio Killer.

Unfortunately, the town gets a glimpse of a cruise missle as it streaks towards poor ShadowLurker. He was a town-aligned mathematician, and a townie.

NIGHT 6! Choices due by the 18th!
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (isolation #50) » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:31 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

The sun rises quite quickly over the city of Capitalismo. The town discovers
Ether
dead. He was the Ultimate Inventor Guy, an asset to the town that will be sorely missed.

It is now Day 6. With 7 alive, it will take only 4 votes to lynch. Good luck!
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (isolation #51) » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:10 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

Despite StallingChamp promising to post multiple times, he hasn't. So he gets replaced by Mariyta.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (isolation #52) » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:13 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

VOTE COUNT
:
Mariyta (1)- bertrand
Scruffs (1)- Thok
Thok (1)- Smashy

Still 7 alive, so 4 to lynch.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (isolation #53) » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:44 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

I've recived word from EmpTyger that he's having some troubles, so he won't be able to post for a while.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (isolation #54) » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:17 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

48 hours with no posts? This is starting to become absurd.

I'm prodding everyone and there will probably be a deadline if things don't speed up.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (isolation #55) » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:38 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

Zelchmen briefly emerges from the town hall, informing you of an impending sundown. Discussion heats up, and it's decided that Thok is the best lynch for the day. The town approaches, and Thok slowly backs up. Without warning, he makes a break for it.

He follows a similar path to CTD's, but without running into the lynch apparatus. Eventually, though, he gets snagged against a fencepost with his ID falling out of his pocket, before heading for the west.

Unfortunately, he made it out alive. Luckily, he won't be coming back.

In the city hall, the contents of his ID and wallet are anaylized. Believe it or not, Thok was the Mayor's Advisor from Townelle...
and the godfather of the mafia
. Upon this discovery, Scott Zelchmen immediately slams his fist in disgust. "Aw hell," he shouts to himself "just what we need. Shit!" He kicks over the trash can before storming back to his office.

In other news, Smashy is the first one out of the hall's front door, and is greeted by a cruise missile.

Thok (The Mayor's Advisor/Godfather) 'Lynched' Day 6
Smashy (Scooby-Doo/Tracker) Blown up Day 6

As the sun sets, Night Seven begins. Please get your choices in by the 4th.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (isolation #56) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:58 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

The town awakens and find that there were no casualties, which seems a bit odd. "Wait," someone says, "what if they killed the governor?" The town agrees to check on Scott.

Scott is busy attempting to balance a ballpoint pen on his finger when the door slides open. "What are you all doing?" asked Zelchmen, "this is a private office!"

"Sorry," someone replies, "we were checking up on you since there were no casualties last night."

Zelchmen's eyebrow jumps. "No casualties? Excellent, perhaps that... insidious traitor was the last mafioso," he proposes.

At this point, one of the townsperson's attention jumps to a strange device lying in the corner of the office. "Hey, what's that thing?" he inquires.

Scott swivels in his chair to determine what item is being questioned. He then turns back and clears his throat. "Stolen medical equipment," he explains, "sent by the Supreme Council for some research. Some soldiers found it in a tent on the outskirts of Townelle only a few days before the first mafia attack here."

A realization hits Zelchmen. "Whatever happened to those cruise missiles? It's still entirely possible that whoever's responsible for the cruise missile attacks is still out there."

Unfortunately, nobody can refute the possibility. So the town leaves and reports back to the town square for yet another day's lynching.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (isolation #57) » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:59 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

5 Alive, 3 to Lynch
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (isolation #58) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:56 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

VOTE COUNT

Mastermind of Sin (2)- EmpTyger, Bertrand
Skruffs (1)- Mariyta
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (isolation #59) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:25 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

After a day's worth of discussion, the sun touches the horizon and fingers are pointing at Mastermind of Sin. As three townspeople start walking towards him, he makes a break for it. Unfortunately, he finds himself stopped by a fence that wasn't previously there.

Zelchmen comes out of the town hall. "Alright, we need to wrap this up," he instructs, only to see MOS already being chased around in the fenced in area. "Oh, good. Looks like you've already made your decision."

MOS can't run forever. Eventually he runs out of breath and is dragged begging for his life to the gallows. With one last bit of energy, he breaks away, runs a few feet, and falls to the ground panting.

"Maybe you will end up killing me..." he begins speaking in shallow breaths, "but the poor and diseased will get the message across... the government won't get away with leaving us to starve or in shacks..." he pulls out a small inscribed transmitter and presses a red button. "Long live the Troupe!" he shouts, before being apprehended.

"Oh, crap," mumbles Zelchmen to himself, before shouting to the crowd, "I've got a bomb shelter by the town hall. Everyone get down there, quickly! I don't like this."

The townspeople make their way into the metal hatch. As Scott seals the entrace, he takes one last look at the city. Then, a missile streaks over the horizon and strikes a skyscraper, sending it toppling to the ground. Three more come, hitting various buildings, and soon the sky is filled with a spectacular display of smoke, fire, and the colors of the sunset. Zelchmen turns from the spectacle and closes the hatch.

- - - - -

Three hours later, the townspeople emerge to find Capitalismo in a hopeless ruin. In a strange bout of irony, only the unmarred town hall stands above the charred ruin of the city. Support beams and skeletons of skyscrapers stand as a sad reminder of the capital. A rumbling noise from the east is heard, and everyone's gaze shifts to a large military grade vehicle pulling up next to them.

Two fully armored soldiers stood before them. The people were awestruck. These weren't average members of the armed forces. They were the elite of the Counceltran Guard, sporting glittering gold pauldrons and shining silver helmets, along with smooth metal rifles.

"We've been sent by the Counceltra. What the hell happened here, sir?"

Zelchmen turned to the townsfolk, then back to the guardsmen. "We'll discuss this inside," he said, then giving the citizens a look and nodding, turned and proceeded into the still standing town hall. The hapless townies could do little for than wait for their return.

- - - -

Inside his office, Zelchmen plopped down in his leather chair and immediately took out a bottle of vodka and poured himself a glass. "It's been one hell of a week," he grudgingly explained, "and I have a lot to explain." He took a sip of the vodka, before being cut off by a hydrolic metal noise. The door to his office immediately slid shut, and the windows automatically covered themselves with a thin iron sheet, just enough to make them opaque.

He swiveled ninety degrees in his chair to face a painting of a lighthouse in front of his desk. The painting suddenly disappeared, and in its place was a man in a dark purple suit. His hair was grey and he wore a badge on his shirt that held four golden stars. He was obviously of age, as his hair was a dull white and his face had its fair share of wrinkles. Noticably displeased, he cleared his throat, pounded his fist on his desk, then yelled rather loudly, "What the hell is going on, Zelchmen?"

"Sir, I'm so sorry for not contacting you sooner, but our communications have been cut for the past week, and of course you know this system is one way."

Pointing past him, the man asked, "What are they doing here? You know that this office is supposed to be private." He then addressed the soldiers. "Listen up men," he ordered, "you are to not repeat a word of what you hear or see in this office. Is this understood?"

The soldiers acknowledged this command, and Zelchmen cleared his throat and began. "You see sir, we've been under seige by a mafia. They must've cut our communications."

Before he was able to continue, the man raised his hand. "I don't give a damn about the mafia. Are you even slightly aware that your city was just stormed by a barrage of cruise missiles?" He began panting in anger.

"Of... of course, sir," Scott explained, "but we've been getting about one cruise missile per day. Why didn't you notice?"

"You know as well as I do," the man axiously explained, "that our missile detection system isn't that accurate. The thresholds have to be high, otherwise a flock of migrating birds might get labelled as an ICBM. Now, if someone launches approximately SEVEN HUNDRED cruise missiles, as we have calculated, it's going to notice."

"Things are falling apart," ranted Zelchmen, "and I don't know what to do. Everything is going to be ruined, especially with that damn mayoral advior... hell, what's his name?"

"What about him?" the man inquired.

"The damn traitor was the self named 'godfather' of the mafia that attacked us!" Zelchmen exclaimed, no longer able to restrain himself, "the bastard has it in for us! What went wrong? Why are things falling apart?"

The man slammed his fist and let out a yell. "You can't be serious! That bastard defected?" Following a nod from Zelchmen, the man swiped his hand over the table, knocking a glass against the wall behind him, and slammed his fist again in the same spot. "This is insane!" he fumed, "This is the last damn straw!" Panting with anger, he began trying to cool himself down.

"Alright, Zelchmen. We'll handle this. Everything will still be alright without him. We won't be stopped by something this insignificant. What do you suggest?"

"I don't know. You're the head of the Counceltra, so I figured you'd have an idea," Zelchmen replied.

"You're right," the man said, "I do need to take action. Here's what we'll do. We'll wait ten years, and then after that everything should be alright.

"TEN YEARS?" Zelchmen yelled, "why the hell ten years? We have two men besides myself. Why ten? Why?"

"Now calm down," the man commanded, "this is a necesary precaution. If we just run off while the city is in ruins, public backlash is going to destroy us. We're not going to screw it up that easily. All it takes is one error to send even the best-laid plans to hell in a handbasket, and I know you know that."

"I suppose," Zelchmen resigned, "although I don't really give a damn about rebuilding the city."

"Don't worry, Zelchmen," the man said with a smile, "I assure, no, I promise you. I promise you that in less than ten years, you will be on your way to Dura del Ville."

With this final assurance, he pressed a button and cut the transmission.
----

With that, the
town
has won! Bertand was the
Confirmed Innocent
, EmpTyger was
Deja Vu
, Mariyta was indeed a mason with CES as claimed, and Skruffs was
Really Verbose Person
. MOS was a
Trio Killer
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (isolation #60) » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:28 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

Roles, Mod's Thoughts, and the Epilogue soon to come!
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (isolation #61) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:47 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

Full role descriptions coming up...
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (isolation #62) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:03 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

POST RESTRICTION MAFIA III

Restriction Master List:
Trio Killer #1 - Surfer talk
Trio Killer #2 - Depressed talk
Trio Killer #3 - Defines words
The Mayor’s Advisor - Naive
Rue Dass - Acts Rude
Evil Steve - Plays Director
CPEG - Overexcited
Scooby Doo - Talks like Scooby
Mathematician - Gives ‘proof’
Pikachu - Talks like Pikachu
Déjà vu - Changes each day
Really Verbose Person - Long posts
Plus - Attraction to Minus
Minus - Attraction to Plus
Court Recorder - Must review minutes
Small Furde Guy - Talks about Small Furde
Secret Agent - Hides posts in code
Return of Kamakazi - Tries to get himself lynched
AOL Chatter - Must talk in ‘Netspeak’
Mario - Talks like Mario
Ultimate Inventor Guy - Egocentric, particularly regarding intelligence
Spammer - Spams
Innocent Scumbag - Acts scummy
Top Secret Agent - Does ‘missions’
Note: The mafia and mason PM's still have the blank name slots in them because I'm too lazy to fill them in. Luckily, you all know who the mafia are.

Trio Killer #1 (Trio Killer)

Awesome! Your buds, the Duo Killers, like totally owned at Townelle. Now it’s your turn to be awesome. You’re taking Capitalismo by storm!

Along with [name] (TK#2) and [name] (TK#3), you’re out to totally trash the competition. The only problem is that you all have, like, totally awesome (maybe not) problems with basic communication, dude! But that’s ok!

Your problem, dude, is that you like totally talk like a surfer. Your totally tubular restriction involves you saying things like tubular, awesome, bummer dude, totally, etc.

Your restriction though is totally offset by the fact that you have the same awesome powers of the Duo Killers: you can only be vig killed or lynched. Ditto with your partners. Way cool!

Of course, you’re too awesome for this ‘godfather’ crap. Everyone’s equal, dude! The mod’ll take the first kill someone sends in! Your kill, however, does not occur that night, dude. Instead, something happens to signal an awesome kill that will occur at twilight.

You win an awesome victory when all the townspeople and other anti-town jerkwads are, like, dead and stuff. Gnarly!

Mod Note
: Person’s name colored purple if targeted... kill is missile.

Trio Killer #2 (Trio Killer)

The Duo Killers won. That’s cool. You should try to win too.

Along with TK#1 [name] and TK#3 [name] you’re going to form a killing party. How neat. You all have a problem. It is with your speech. You are depressed. Your sentences are all short. You cannot use commas. You must end each sentence with a period. You must not post more than 50 words a post. You must not post more than 5 posts a day. You must post in small text size.

Your restriction is offset by your power. You can only be vigilante killed or lynched. Amazing. This also goes for your partners. Neat.

There is no godfather. All people in your group are equal. First kill choice sent in is used.

You all win once the townies are dead. Also antitown people. But not you.

Trio Killer #3 (Trio Killer)

The Duo Killers beat any and every opponent or enemy in a competition or fight! Now it’s your turn to be very good at or do very well in some form of activity, by which I mean MAFIA!!!

Along with TK#1 [name] and TK#2 [name], you’re going to take over the population center that is larger than a village and smaller than a city. However, each of you has a situation, matter, or person that presents perplexity or difficulty in your speech. As for you, you must define one word per grammatical unit that is syntactically independent and has a subject that is expressed or, as in imperative sentences, understood and a predicate that contains at least one finite verb (that means ‘sentence,’ by the way). I recommend you define mostly nouns as they tend to work out better than if you chose to define, say, an adjective or a part of speech that expresses existence, action, or occurrence in most languages.

You have the natural or acquired skill or talent to be immune to being killed by anything other than lynch or vig, as do your partners.

There is no leader of an organized crime family to your group. Whatever kill choice is sent in first will be the only individual of a specified or implied kind I will use.

You win once all the inhabitants or citizens of a town or city are dead, along with all other anti-town people.

The Mayor’s Advisor (Mafia GF)

That’s it. Both the invasions of Turroville and Townelle have failed miserably. You’ve had it with this, and now is the time for payback. The capital city of Capitalismo is ripe for the picking. It’s up to you and your goons, Rue Dass (name) and Evil Steve (name), (who were barely saved from their respective towns) to finally shine.

Your post restriction is to act really naïve, sort of how you ‘acted’ in the opening scenes of
Post Restriction MEGA
. You’ve convinced Capitalismo to use a lynching system, which is good because you’re going to rig things.

The town, being incredibly gullible, accepted your vote-count bot. Your goons both have little remote controls that can rig the votes in your favor. As for you, though, you’ll stick to forging official documents from the governor.

Once in the game, you have the power to pardon any lynchee You must decide whom you’re going to pardon at the beginning of each day. If that person is chosen for lynch they’ll be saved. If not, no worries, the pardon will be available the next day. Don’t think the town will fall for this trick twice. They may be stupid, but they’re not that stupid.

Your goons already have restrictions.

You are the GF. You send in the kills, and you also have investigative AND nightkill immunity. Use them well.

Rue Dass (Goon)

After being recovered from the town of Turroville, badly wounded, you were more than ready to carry out the final attempt of (name)’s master plan. He had been planning it for some time, and was thought by many to be innocent thanks to his position as the mayor’s advisor. Now the city of Capitalismo is helpless to your invasion. Along with goon (name), Evil Steve, you will set out and pose as normal citizens to root out the mafia, which happens to be you. How clever!

However, you can no longer hold in your rudeness (like you did in Turroville) and now have the restriction of having to be a jerk, condescending, whatever in your posts. Hopefully this won’t tip the town off to your identity.

The town, being incredibly gullible, accepted your vote-count bot. You’ve got a little remote-control that can rig the votes in your favor by making it incorrectly process someone’s vote. Well, not incorrectly, just correctly your way.

You have the power to screw with voting. Each night, you can force any player to vote for whoever you want to the entire day. If your target ends up dead, this ability will be wasted for the night.

Evil Steve (Goon)

After being recovered from the town of Townelle, badly wounded, you were more than ready to carry out the final part of (name)’s master plan. He had been planning it for some time, and was thought by many to be innocent thanks to his position as the mayor’s advisor. Now the city of Capitalismo is helpless to your invasion. Along with goon (name), Rue Dass, you will set out and pose as normal citizens to root out the mafia, which happens to be you. How clever!

Your control-freak tendencies are starting to come out, though. You need to play director. You have to talk/act like a movie’s director (this means things like complaining about people not being lined up for a shot right, saying things like ‘Cut!’ ‘Action!’ whatever.

The town, being incredibly gullible, accepted your vote-count bot. You’ve got a little remote-control that can cause the bot’s lynch alarm to go off well before majority is reached. Hehehe.

So, one night of the game, you can choose to use this ability for the next day. The next day, the number to lynch will be half normal, rounding down (the town will not be told this). The only way to fool people is if there is at least a slightly large crowd: the to-lynch number can be no less than 6. The town may be dumbasses, but they won’t fall for this trick twice.

Review Note
: Too powerful? There is quite a bit of vote control here...

Mod Note
: Kills by shooting people.

Crazy Pyromaniac Explosives Guy (SK)

Hehehe!!! EXPLOSIVES!! Boom! You are the Crazy Pyromaniac Explosives Guy, or CPEG for short. You are totally obsessed with explosives. Each night, you choose someone to plant an explosive device on. Night 1 you get a free protection so you can at least place one explosive.

Once you die, all explosives go off. The goal here is to have all players have bombs on them once you die so everyone will die (you win if everyone is dead). So pick people you think will last longest.

That’s not all though. Each night, you’ll get to use a fun ability: worsening. When you target someone with it, it worsens their post restriction, making it harder to do, and the worsening lasts for one day. Note that you cannot worsen someone more than once over the entire course of the game.

You are, yes, insane. You win by killing everyone else, whether or not you're alive at the end. Your restriction is to act really excited about everything. There also may be an alternate win condition for you out there...

One note: you’ll find something has happened each morning to signify that a person has had an explosive planted on them.

Mod Note
: Worsening Effects
Trio Killer #1 - Has to say WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAHHHHH!
Trio Killer #2 - Sentences limited to 6 syllables
Trio Killer #3 - Defines two words per sentence
The Mayor’s Advisor - No effect
Rue Dass - No effect
Evil Steve - No effect
Scooby Doo - Must talk about Scooby Snacks, Shaggy, and be scared
Mathematician - Must use proof to why posting and why vote count is correct/incorrect
Pikachu - Can’t use ‘Chu’
Déjà vu - See role
Really Verbose Person - 600 words, 4x a day
Plus & Minus - No warnings on affected days
Court Recorder - Must spend 3-4 sentences on each post
Small Furde Guy - Must devote entire post (minus vote) to Small Furde
Secret Agent - Every other post no code and can’t tell this
Return of Kamakazi - No effect, since doesn’t have ‘true’ restriction
AOL Chatter - Must use at least 6 smileys (in context) per post
Mario - Must talk about various Mario characters
Ultimate Inventor Guy - Must focus large amount of post towards egocentric-ness
Spammer - “Bonus” of -1 to points
Innocent Scumbag - Must suddenly act pro-town
Secret Agent - No effect
Also the ‘
thing
’ that happens is that anyone with an explosive on them has their name colored red in the player list.

Scooby Doo (Tracker)

Scooby Dooby Doo! You are a tracker. Each night, you can send in someone’s name. You will learn who they targeted.

Your post restriction, as you may have guessed, is to talk like Scooby. This means starting practically every word with R. Also, in each post, you must do two of the following: mention Shaggy, mention Scooby Snacks, or act scared. You win with the town.

Mathematician (Cop)

You are a mathematician, and your great logical skills could be a good asset to the town. Well, maybe. Don’t count on it.

Your logical way of thinking is a problem for you during the day. You have to give mathematical ‘proof’ every time you vote, unvote, or FOS someone, also anytime you vote no lynch, request a deadline, request a prod, argue against someone, or speculate about the setup. I have provided an example for you:

“I will not vote Blahson because his player # is 12. If I plug that into the formula X = 2(number of votes for person) you’ll see it checks out, because Blahson is currently being voted by six people. However, if I voted, it would no longer check out, therefore meaning he would not be scummy after I voted him.”

This is a rather long-winded example, I know, but feel free to get creative and use your (fake) mathematical skills. You win with the town.

Pikachu (Cop)

You are Pikachu, and, like most Pokemon, have the rather bothersome speech impediment of only being able to say your own name. There are only three words you can say: “Pika,” “Pikachu,” or “Chu.” However, you can mess around with the capitalizations of them so you might be able to come up with some code. You are permitted to vote in English, thank goodness.

Oh, right. You are allotted one smiley per post as well, to show your ‘mood’ if you will.

At night, you can use the move Flash to get a good look at another player, determining if they are scum or not.

Déjà vu (Townie)

You are Déjà vu. You have this weird fascination of past things. Each day, you’ll be given a new post restriction, and it will be from one of the previous Post Restriction Mafia games.

You don’t have any abilities though. You win with the town.

Mod Note: Restrictions:
Day 1 - The Poet
Worsened: At least 4 stanzas a post
Day 2 - The Killer Robot
Worsened: At least 5 ‘beeps’ a post
Day 3 - Pirate
Worsened: Must sing a short sea shanty in each post
Day 4 - Vendetta Guy
Worsened: While on Vendetta, no arguing against anyone else
Day 5 - Tactical Weapons Officer
Worsened: ‘Sir’ 10 times a post
Day 6 - Negative Friend
Worsened: Must act negative over WHOLE post
Day 7 - Giant Duck
Worsened: At least 12 quacks per post
Day 8 - ADD Guy
Worsened: Must interrupt twice
Day 9 - Rehab Guy
Worsened: No vote
Day 10 - Drunkard Doc
Worsened: Requires # of players + 3 chugs posts
Anything beyond that will be randomly chosen.

Really Verbose Person (Townie)

Remember Verbose Person in Post Restriction Mafia II? Well, he’s back, and you’re him. This time, though, the number of words per post is a whopping four hundred, and you must post at least thrice a day (game day, that is). Remember, the whole post must be relevant to the game. You win with the town.

Plus (Mason)

You are Plus, and have an unusual attraction to Minus (name), who is your mason partner. First, you can talk to Minus day or night, anytime provided you are both alive. Second, there’s a weird restriction here.

On even days, you have no post restriction. On odd days, however, all your posts must be directly after Minus’ posts. On even days, Minus has the same restriction, so you need to work together so you’ll both be able to post. You jointly have two warnings. After those, if you mess up, you’ll lose your attraction and you’ll lose the ability to talk. You win with the town.

Minus (Mason)

You are Minus, and have an unusual attraction to Plus (name), who is your mason partner. First, you can talk to Plus day or night, anytime provided you are both alive. Second, there’s a weird restriction here.

On odd days, you have no post restriction. On even days, however, all your posts must be directly after Plus’ posts. On odd days, Plus has the same restriction, so you need to work together so you’ll both be able to post. If either of you breaks the restriction twice (or each of you breaks it once), your attraction will be broken and you’ll lose the ability to talk. You win with the town.

Court Recorder (Forensics Cop)

You are the Court Recorder, and have the annoying duty of having to review the minutes of the day’s discussion.

Each time you post, you must post a short 1-3 sentence summary (preferably 2, but 1 if it’s a short post) of every post since your last post. If you miss some posts at the end of a day, your first post the next day must cover them as well.

Luckily, you’ve got a great ability to balance this. Each night, you may target someone to find out everyone who targeted them that night, and the previous night. You won’t get to find out what they were doing, though, and you can’t target anyone who is dead. You win with the town.

Small Furde Guy (Power Upper)

You are Small Furde Guy, and you need everyone to notice Small Furde! Indeed, it has a lot to do with your restriction AND your ability!

Your restriction is to devote a large amount of your posts (like 70%) to talking about the attributes, virtues, location, or anything else of Small Furde. Obviously not much is known about Small Furde (other than the fact that it is small) so you’ll have to make up a good deal of its description. A sample post is located at the end of the role PM.

Your ability, though, is a power-up ability. You must get as many people as possible to say “Small Furde” exactly as typed in the quotation marks. Depending on the % of the town you get to say “Small Furde,” you will get a different ability:

0% - Wow, you suck! (And no bonus)
1% to 20% - No bonus
21% to 35% - Double Vote next day
36% to 45% - Vigilante
46% to 70% - Cop
71% to 85% - Doctor
86% to 99% - Role Cop (gives full role ability)
100% - Benefactor Role (not Malefactor)

There’s a catch, of course: you are not permitted to tell anyone that they should say Small Furde, that you get any ability as a result of people saying anything, or anything else related to this power. If asked why you say Small Furde a lot, just say it’s your restriction. You’ll have to get them to say Small Furde as a reaction to your posts. You win with the town.

EXAMPLE POST:

“I’m not sure why you’re looking at me like that, you need to be looking at Small Furde. After all, it’s a pleasant red-olive color. And it is magical. Really, it is. Also, I think BobTheBuilder is a Small Furde hater, so Vote: BobTheBuilder.”

Secret Agent (Cop)

You are Secret Agent. Your mission: to hide secret messages in your posts.

See, your posts must be irrelevant to the game (if you just read them), but, hidden within them are your arguments, relative to the game. Although you can reuse a certain code, to make the role even more fun, you should at least use a few different codes each day. They can be as hard or as easy as you want (although you should at least attempt some harder to decode ones). You can vote in plain sight. Here’s some examples:

EASY:

“Mister, stop there! Eating such an amazing creature is a waste! My no, please don’t! Eeek! It’s headless now! See what you’ve done? Such a shame. Cruelty to animals, that’s what that is. Understand? Mister, you do this again, and I’m reporting you to autorities! Men like you should be locked up. You hear?”

HARDER:

“Um, already like seven times I told you not to do that. That means that from now on, I will be watching you. Assuming I am ignorant is completely unacceptable, I will not be insulted like that. You are guilty. Good day.”

They translate to “MeMe is Scummy” and “I am not guilty,” respectively.

You cannot reveal your codes at all, even in another code (so you couldn’t say in code: “Post 201 said “Bob is Innocent.” You can, however, confirm that people decoded a post correctly (in code of course) after they successfully decode one of your posts. And, just in case, please send me a PM telling me what phrase is hidden in each post.

You are also an expert agent assassin. You have 2 vig kills to be used over the course of the game, at night. Use them wisely. You win with the town.

Return of Kamakazi - (Kamakazi)

Kamakazi from
Post Restriction Mafia MEGA
is back! Things are the same this time. Just try to get lynched. When that happens, the last voter is killed, and you win. The game starts in night so you’ll get protection for the first night.

AOL Chatter - (Message Sender)

You are AOL Chatter, and you’re so used to netspeak, you use it ALL THE TIME!! This means you must use bad grammar, net acronyms like OMG and LOL and improper spellings which are either typos or intentional ones like ‘teh.’

Each night, you get on AIM and can send one person an instant message. You still have to use Netspeak here too. The message can only be a max of 3 sentences, with a maximum of 20 words per sentence. You win with the town.

EXAMPLE POST: OMG he jst violated his restriction, lol!!11! Vote: Bob FTW!!1 Modkil ROFL!1

Mario (Inventor)

It’s-a you, Mario! You are an inventor. That means that you’ve got some items to give out to people. Each night, you may give out one of the following items:

Starman
Koopa Shell
Super Mushroom
Poison Mushroom
Fire Flower

Or you can study an item to see what it does. You can only do one or the other.

Your restriction is that you have to talk like Mario. Not a terribly hard restriction! However, in your first post, you have to say “It’s-a me, Mario!” Exactly as quoted. You win with the town.

Mod Note
: Item Effects

Starman- Once given out, turns the player’s username in the player list Yellow. That player is given a one-time lynch immunity.
Koopa Shell- This item is a “dud” (no effect).
Super Mushroom- Protects the target for that night only.
Poison Mushroom- Roleblocks and prevents target from posting the following day.
Fire Flower- Gives target a one-time vig kill to be used on any night.

Ultimate Inventor Guy (Inventor)

You are Ultimate Inventor Guy, and you’re going to be inventing stuff. You have an inventory of 16 items. Each night, you may either give out an item OR inspect an item to see what it does (you must specify who you were planning to give it to). You must do one of those things each night. Note that some items have variable effects depending on who they are given to, so when inspecting I’ll tell you what the item would’ve done if you sent it to that player, on that night. Note that you can use items even without inspecting it if you wish.

Your restriction, however, is to act really egocentric and continuously call yourself a genius, a brilliant scientist, whatever. Tell everyone you’re better than them, cause you are! You win with the town.

INVENTORY:

Gyro Copter
Zapper Gun
Television Set
Julia the Helpful Robot
Metal Orb
Fader Pod
Levitation Suit
Invisible Suit
Play Station Portable (PSP)
Loudmouth Droid
Angry Droid
Bright Droid
Annoying Droid
Silly Droid
Portable Palace
Scanner

Mod Note
: Item Effects
Gyro Copter
Recipient’s night choice hits a random person. Recipient is informed of this effect.
Zapper Gun
Gives the recipient one roleblock they can use over the course of the game.
Television Set
Shows fun TV shows!
Julia the Helpful Robot
Recipient can program Julia to do their night choice, then either do it with her (night choice done twice) or hide out while she does it (nightkill immunity and choice goes through),
Metal Orb
Explodes, killing recipient.
Fader Pod
Works like a teleporter but removes user from existence for one night and day.
Levitation Suit
Target has so much fun using the suit that they forget to do their night choice.
Invisible Suit
All night actions on target will fail.
Play Station Portable (PSP)
If given to Pikachu or Mario, will cause them to kill a random player. Otherwise roleblocks.
Loudmouth Droid
Will investigate player then announce result to town in morning. Insane.
Angry Droid
Town is presented with a choice to vote on next morning: press yellow button or blue button?
Blue button causes droid to kill a random player. Yellow button causes droid to knock out a random player, causing them to not be able to participate that day.
Bright Droid
Night IMMEDIATELY ends, all choices not yet made are lost.
Annoying Droid
Goes around town making lots of noise, roleblocking ALL players.
Silly Droid
Randomly does the action of one of the droids (Loudmouth, Angry, Bright, or Annoying).
Portable Palace
Player enjoys the palace so much that they forget to do their choice.
Scanner
Gives the recipient a one-shot investigation to use any night of the game.
Spammer - (Power Upper)

Spammmmmm! You are SPAMMER, the l33t awesome dude who spams the crap out of every message board on the internet. Now you’re going to spam the town’s discussions.

Prior to the game, you must come up with three spammy catch-phrases to use. Some examples are:

“SPAMALICIOUS!!!”
“Howdy Ho!”
“GWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! He!”
“HEZZZZZZZZZZZZZWAVRE!!!”

During the day, your goal is to post your three catch phrases as much as humanly possible (you can’t doublepost though). Each post with a catch phrase must consist of something silly and spammy and then your catchphrase. Example:

“LOOKZ!! Post 353 is here and ITS MINE!!!
SPAMALICIOUS!!!”

At the end of the day, I’ll add up the spam posts you made. It only counts the number of spam posts you made with the catchphrase you used the least. Example:

You use ‘Smamalicious!’ 6 times, ‘Howdy Ho!’ 5 times, and ‘GWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! He!’ 3 times. The final number for the day would be three, because you used gwahaha least.

Then, you get a power role for the night based on your score for that day:

----
0: Umm, modkill
1-2: Lose vote next day
3-4: Double vote next day
5-6: Vigilante kill
7-8: Cop investigation
9-11: Doctor protect
12-15: Vig kill & Cop investigation
16+: Un-nightkillable, and other power of your choice
----

There’s one exception to this system. You receive a bonus point for each day that has passed, minus D1.

You may choose to downgrade if you want (for example, I had a score of 10 but want a cop investigation), but the lost points are gone if you choose this option.

Of course, you can post normal posts too, but you’ll want to balance so that you get input in the day and get powers at night. You may find you lean one way or the other depending on your preferences.

You win with the town.

Innocent Scumbag (Conf. Innocent)

You are the Innocent Scumbag. Come day one, I will announce to the town that you are a guaranteed, mod-confirmed innocent. Which is true. But you don’t like being innocent. So your goal is to act as scummy as possible. In each post, you must act as scummy as you can, by using craplogic, voting for people who are clearly innocent, and anything else you can think of. You win in three ways:

1) If you get lynched (in which case I applaud your brilliance)
2) If you get investigated more than once
3) With the town (boring)

In addition, you’re given protection night 1 so that you can further your efforts to get lynched or investigated. One thing of course: you can’t tell anyone that your restriction is to act scummy, or your win conditions.

Top Secret Agent (Task)

You are the Top Secret Agent. Each day, you will be given a secret mission to do (which is essentially a restriction). If you succeed, you will receive a gadget from your embassy, related to your mission. If you fail twice, you will be decommissioned. Beware, these missions are not easy. You win with the town.

Due to your top secrecy, you are forbidden to claim ANY part of your role, whether it be your name, restrictions (missions) gadgets, whatever, nor claim that you can’t truthfully claim. If you do, you shall be decommissioned (try claiming something else like Flopsy the Bunny).

Mission 1
“Agent, your first mission is to pose as a dog so that you don’t attract any negative attention. Be sure to bark, whine, beg, roll over, and repeatedly reassure them by saying “I’m a dog.” If you succeed, you will be rewarded.”
“Good work Agent. As a reward, take this Super Leash. With it, you may choose one player’s night choice target. You may use it tonight or save it for later.”
Mission 2
“Terrible news, Agent. We were going to launch a space shuttle today, but our count-down guy, Pete, was assassinated. We need the countdown to be done! I’d ask you, but unfortunately as an agent you are not authorized. So instead, you need to get the townspeople to count from 10 to 1, in order (all different posts, mind you). It doesn’t matter who does it, it can be all different people or all the same for all I care. It also doesn’t matter how close together the posts are. Someone could say two and then someone could say one like 20 posts later. Just make sure it gets done, ok?”
“Well done. As a reward, take the Count-O-Meter. With it, you can check someone to see how many night choices they’ve made over the course of the game. You can use it tonight or save it for another night.”
Mission 3
“Agent, there’s a security issue that needs your help to be solved. We have semi-accurate reports that an assassin is after <insert random player’s name here>. Today, you must watch that person’s back. Every time that person posts, be sure to post soon afterwards. If the assassin (who, according to the reports, doesn’t even know he’s the assassin) posts before you do, that person is dead meat. Succeed, and you will be rewarded.”
“Nice job. Here, have our newest in back-watching technology, the sentry bot. It will protect you from one night kill over the course of the game. This is passive, you do not need to actually ‘use’ it.
NOTE
: The person does not actually die if secret agent fails!

Mission 4
“Agent, we’ve got a problem. We suspect bad things about <insert random player’s name here> and are using the world’s first ranged lie detector to see what’s going on. Unfortunately, it only works if the person says the phrase “I am no fool,” exactly as quoted. Today, be sure to get him to say that. Note that you can’t tell them why to say it unless you want to be decommissioned. Lie if he asks why. Or else.”
“A fine job, Agent. In return for your work, here is a prototype of our sentence testing lie detector. You can use it to test one sentence for any mistruths. You may use it tonight or save it for later.
Mission 5
“Agent, I’ve got bad news. The evil villain, Doctor Jerkface, is monitoring Capitalismo. To avoid tipping him off, nobody, including you, can say the word ‘Doctor’ today. Do whatever you have to, but do NOT let anyone say the word doctor. Note that you can’t tell them why unless you want to be decommissioned.”
“Excellent job. As a reward, please take this Fake PhD. This amazing gadget will convince people you’re worthy of receiving doublevote, just for one day. Don’t tell anyone how you got doublevote, though (or at least lie if you do). You can use it tonight or save it for later.”

Mission 6
"Agent, we have a problem. The world is becoming too nice, so you need to throw a few humorous insults into the mix. You need to do this to each player at least once. Note that you can’t tell them why you are insulting them unless you want to be decommissioned."
"Good work, Agent. You know what they say about insults? You are rubber and they are glue. Whatever bounces off of you will stick to them. This inculdes nightactions tonight! Cops that target you will investigate themselves! Docs will protect themselves! Scum will kill themselves!"
Mission 7
"Agent, we have another job for you. It seems that people are becoming too serious. We can't find enemies of the organization if they're all so stiff. To break the ice a bit, you need to start a discussion (At least 3 sentences) about pop-culture (Tom Cruise, Stephen Colbert, Pokemon, etc) in each post. Note that you can’t tell them why unless you want to be decommissioned."
"Good job, Agent, but now everybody is TOO relaxed. Here's a taser for you to use any one night. It will shock the person into being alert and force them to evade any actions used on them (like investigations or restrictions or kills). They will know that they were tasered"
Mission 8
"Agent! Aliens are invading and they've already infected someone (random player)! She/He will die during twilight if you do not cure them! You do not know who it is though, so try to cure them all! To cure somebody, you must post immediately before they do and begin your post with the word "ZZZzzzap!"(sic). Do not tell anyone why you are saying "ZZZzzzap!", nor may you tell them that they need to post after you unless you want to be decommissioned."
"Good job agent. That person stays is cured and will not die from the aliens. You still have some antidote left, so add this: a chemical agent. There! Now you have a one-shot vig kill"
Special thanks to reviewer Mikeburnfire for the last three missions!
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (isolation #63) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:05 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

Mod's Thoughts

When I originally crafted the setup, it was my intent to create wacky and exceptional post restrictions because I wanted the trilogy to go out with the bang. And I did decide to do so in the end, but things were definately more sane than in my first draft.

I began this game with one theme idea: roles that had to exhibit post restrictions that relied on input from others. Small Furde Guy, the Spammer, Secret Agent, and others were born from this idea. Eventually, I realized how much input-specific roles I had and decided to axe a few of them. In the end, I think I did get enough in to realize my original envisioing of the game.

A few notes on the events in the game and the outcome in no particular order:

1) Nightson just plain got hit with bad luck. He didn't get lynched day one because of a guilty cop investigation, he got investigated innocent the next day, and soon ended up purple. I think he actually would've succeeded if luck was on his side.

2) I was pretty shocked about the MOS lynch, since he hadn't done anything much suspicious and most of the arguments against him were more or less crap. Still though, it ended up being the correct choice.

3) Secret Agent's day two death saddened me, since I really wanted to see the missions play out. Some of the later ones would've been hilarious to keep up.

4) I think the worst restriction in the game was neongrey's, since it could've turned into a nightmare if it got a big enough backlog. In hindsight, it probably wasn't the best restriction, but at least the worst didn't actually happen.

Unfortunately, quite recently my computer screwed up somehow and I had to reinstall windows. I also found that my backup didn't include the files with night choices or votecounts. So I'm afraid I don't have choices for this game written, however, if you have a question about a particular choice or a particular night, I should hopefully be able to recover it from my memory.

And I have one last bit to share. Post Restriction Mafia III is officially the end of the trilogy. The good news, however, is that there will be two trilogies! Just like in the actual plot, there's going to be a sabitical after this game. Unlike in the story, it won't be ten years, but it will be a sizeable chunk: probably about 1-2 years. However the last three will all be moderate to large sized themes, so you'll all have something to look forward to (or dread, depending on your disposition towards post restrictions).

Anyways, I'll save typing up the epilogue for later since it'll be quite a chore. Until then, thanks to everyone for playing!

-GL
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (isolation #64) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:07 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

SO GREENLIQUID!! What does the 'first death after the first thing" actually refer to from the end of PR2?
Really it's referring to the mayoral advisor's speech and the death that night. But you are correct in that it is addressed to Rue Dass. I might possibly go back and clarify a few plot elements after I get done with the epilogue.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (isolation #65) » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:11 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

I’m very curious about role information, whenever you get a chance. I’m kind of curiosu what happened N1, with the missing N1 kill, and Smashy being roleblocked. Also, was the flavor of the D7 dawnscene supposed to hint at the lack of a doctor?

The N1 kill was stopped because the trad. mafia hit one of the NK immune roles, although I'm not sure which (think it was one of the SKs). What roleblocked Smashy eludes me, but I think it was probably one of the inventors.

What exactly makes you think the D7 scene implied a lack of doctor?
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (isolation #66) » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:57 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

I think that the epilogue would be better fitted for the beggining of IV the more I type it up, and I would rather the series go out with what it already has. So I think that concludes anything I need to say.

As MOS said, I was expecting Skruffs to be jumped on for that one post.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (isolation #67) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:45 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

Mod:
I had been wondering about this bit:
Day 7 Dawnscene wrote:<snip>At this point, one of the townsperson's attention jumps to a strange device lying in the corner of the office. "Hey, what's that thing?" he inquires.

Scott swivels in his chair to determine what item is being questioned. He then turns back and clears his throat. "Stolen medical equipment," he explains, "sent by the Supreme Council for some research. Some soldiers found it in a tent on the outskirts of Townelle only a few days before the first mafia attack here."<snip>
Recessitator from PRMII epilogue.

Also, just learned today that 'capitalismo' is apparently 'capitalism' in portugese. Strange indeed.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”