Breakdown
Breakdown
Townie
Breakdown
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:36 am

Post by Breakdown »

Decree: All aliens must henceforth be referred to as "weirdos from another planet". Failure to comply with this decree places you in the Pernicious Poem Place, where you must compose a poem that reveals details about your role, starting...now!

So are we supposed to be hunting weirdos from another planet today today, or was that just thrown in there and we're supposed to be hunting teachers/the SK Moe (can't think of anyone else from the comic who would be responsible for beatings). Just want to have my priorities straight for the day.
Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night.
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Breakdown
Breakdown
Townie
Breakdown
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 31, 2003 10:45 am

Post by Breakdown »

Yeah, I'd definitely like some clarification of what rules are actually in effect now. It'd make me feel much safer in my posting certainly. So how about it mlaker, can we get a list?
Breakdown
Breakdown
Townie
Breakdown
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:17 am

Post by Breakdown »

That's assuming that rule is legit.
Breakdown
Breakdown
Townie
Breakdown
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:32 pm

Post by Breakdown »

Heehee, that's too funny PB. I do hope you get in as a replacement though, you've had good incites.

Well, after my inactivity cost my team pretty severely in another game, I've resolved to be more active in the games I'm in, so expect to hear more from me here. As of now, I gotta admit modargo's reasoning is pretty good. MGIA dopesn't really have anything damning against him at this point, and if the night goes down as outlined he'll be that much closer to confirmed in my mind. Thus, EnPace's desire to get modargo killed because he's an ally of Gnome's reeks of scumminess. This is about the most confident I've been about a day 1 vote to date.

Vote: EnPaceRequiescat

On another note, I don't think Calvinball should be dropped entirely from this game, just have it a little more structured (even though that's against everything Calvinball stands for). The system used on the 'news was pretty effective, so it could be stolen, or you could devise something new mlaker. Just because the "everybody makes a rule each day" system was incredible flawed doesn't mean this game can't be fun with some form of Calvinball, it's just needs some thought put into it.
Breakdown
Breakdown
Townie
Breakdown
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:21 am

Post by Breakdown »

Yeah, I'll agree korais post seems a bit scummy, but I like my vote where it is right now (EPR). I might change it, but I want to hear korais response to the allegations against him first.

mod, can we get a vote count?
Breakdown
Breakdown
Townie
Breakdown
Townie
Townie

Post Post #236 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:49 am

Post by Breakdown »

PB, I think me and mordargo are the only ones with votes on EPR, and I'm pretty sure why he said it didn't matter was because pretty much all other guns were pointed at korais at the the time. If you think the reasoning behind his statement is different, please elaborate.

I too am opposed to a mass clone roleclaim, but I know in the comic there were six of them, seven if you count the one that was just Calvin's good side. With 20 players, 6 clones isn't an unbelieveable amount if they don't have some kind of ability, so maybe 1 should come forward if they are just vanilla. If you guys have special abilities, then yeah, you should all keep quiet, at least for now.
Breakdown
Breakdown
Townie
Breakdown
Townie
Townie

Post Post #253 (isolation #6) » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:48 am

Post by Breakdown »

Coolbot, I never said MGIA wasn't scum. If he is, or is otherwise lying about his role, he'll die tonight if all goes as outlined earlier. I thought that was pretty clearly established a long while ago. Right now, what does it hurt to believe Gnome's claim for the day? My vote for EPR is a result of him trying to kill a player (modrago) on the grounds that he's an ally of someone who can help the town in two ways. Gnome's supposed roleblocker ability, while it does have the potential to mess with the town, also has the potential to stop the mafia/SK in their tracks. Plus, he's supposedly a mason, meaning he can confirm another townie if they get themselves in trouble. Seeing as how it's day one, I don't see what we really have to lose by letting Gnome live til the night, then we'll see if he's still here tomorrow. If you ask me, people who don't agree with this plan seem much more scummy than those who do.

With that,
unvote EPR
vote Coolbot
. It's sort of an OMGUS vote, but I do have a some genuine suspicion backing it. Barring unforseen strangeness, Gnome's either dead or more or less confirmed come tomorrow, and until that point I don't see much merit in attacking those who support the night's plan. Plus, there's that whole "we need to get the day over with" comment. Yes, this day has been going long, and I'm very surprised we haven't gotten smacked with a deadline yet, but that doesn't mean we should try to rush a lynch on you yourself admitted to be a slim chance of guilt.
Breakdown
Breakdown
Townie
Breakdown
Townie
Townie

Post Post #362 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:07 pm

Post by Breakdown »

I'm still here, well, sort of anyways. Been all kinds of busy for the last week or so, I'm in the process of moving and haven't had much time to sit and look at this game. Things should be more or less sorted for me by the end of the week, so you can all expect more from me then.

Well, alot's happened since I last posted. I don't really see any merit in the attacks on God, most of it just seemed to be UT putting words in his mouth. I'd vote UT if his claim wasn't so very plausible, but it is. Short of the real Hobbes winding up dead (if he's not UT) I think it's probably best to leave him alone.

I'm still not really sure what suspiscions you guys have against me, I haven't seen much of anything solid presented against me. If it's my silence, I just broke it. If it's something else, elaborate on it, please.

I still think Coolbot's our best choice, especially after that little rant of his about how Hobbes could be evil. There is no way we have an evil Hobbes. Sure, he may mess with Calvin a bunch, but they're always friends when it's all said and done. Hobbes is town, and as weird as UT's been acting we all but have to treat him as an innocent until he's proven otherwise. Plus, he just seems so determined to see Gnome die. I find his roleclaim believeable, and nothing in either of the death scenes say anything indicate a parent kill. We all know the teachers are out there and the other one just screams Moe. That's not to say Gnome might not be lying, but unless UT actually did declare that he didn't like the plan for tonight (which I don't think he did) I don't see any reason to gun after him until tomorrow. If we lynch Gnome today, we learn less than if we lynch someone else since Gnome is gonna to be tested this night anyways. Coolbot's going after him every chance he gets, and I don't see how his intentions in this could be pro-town.

Now, with that said, I probably won't be able to post much of anything here for the next couple days. If you guys think you want to lynch me, at least wait for me to get back and get some words in.

Gotta love these month and a half day ones.
Breakdown
Breakdown
Townie
Breakdown
Townie
Townie

Post Post #370 (isolation #8) » Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:49 am

Post by Breakdown »

Coolbot, actually, I voted for EPR because modrago did and I liked his reasoning. Also, most of your accusations seem to hinge on Gnome being evil which we don't know yet, which makes it a pretty bad place to base your accusations. I really wouldn't be that surprised to learn that you know Gnome to be at the very least not part of one killing group, because you're on said killing group, and your hoping to force one wasted town lynch through the suspicion he's created around himself before he's cleared. I'm not saying it's an undisputable fact that you are mafia (ala UT), just that it wouldn't surprise me too much at this point.

Werebear, unless I missed something, Tigris never said anything about Hobbes potentially being evil. That was Coolbot.

Alright, the computer I'm at right now is gonna be unplugged and boxed up for transport in about an hour. When I plug it back in, it won't have net access, so I'll be posting very little if at all until Sunday.
Breakdown
Breakdown
Townie
Breakdown
Townie
Townie

Post Post #373 (isolation #9) » Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:55 am

Post by Breakdown »

Crap logic? Unless I'm missing something, you're vote on me is based on why I voted for EPR and that I'm not using anything about the suspicions Gnome has garnered over the course of the day to cast suspicion elsewhere, yes? Alright, lets start with why I'm leaving anything about Gnome being potentially guilty out in who I go after today. I think I've said this a bunch already, but I'll repeat it.
We don't know he's guilty yet, we'll have a much better idea tomorrow.
It doesn't make sense to attack anybody today because they either may be affiliated with or are defending Gnome for the day. If it turns out he's guilty tomorrow, then yeah, his supporters will look bad, and then the line of reasoning you seem to be following will be a plausible one. Right now, though, it isn't. As for why I voted for EPR, like I said in my last post, I liked modrago's reasoning when he voted for him and decided to support him, last I checked that's how you play the game. And one other small note, if you checked the post where I voted for you I said my vote was a "sorta OMGUS," but I had some genuine suspicions backing it. Since then, you haven't done much of anything to make me want to unvote you.

So, is that an adequate defense, or is there more you want me to respond to?

If so, you're gonna have to wait a while. This is officially the last thing I'm doing on my comp before it goes in a box. Pulling the plug will follow my hitting submit very closely.
Breakdown
Breakdown
Townie
Breakdown
Townie
Townie

Post Post #390 (isolation #10) » Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:24 pm

Post by Breakdown »

*sigh* Gnome, i spend all this time saying why we shouldn't view you as suspicious as of now and you go ahead a project even scummier vibes than before by pulling for a no lynch. From a day that's lasted this long we should at least have something to draw on tomorrow and no lynch makes that difficult, even with the plan for tonight. It's a poor option for the town, plain and simple. If you weren't gonna be testd tonight anyways, I'd be voting you now.

I still haven't seen a really good reason for me to unvote Coolbot, so I'm not going to, yet anyways. I will, however,
FOS ZONEACE
. You seem to know that day one no lynches are generaly viewed as a bad thing, but you go ahead and do it anyways. I trust since you know it's viewed as a bad thing that you might have an idea as to why. If you do understand why, then why would you pull for it? No accusations to you yet, but I would like an explanation.
Breakdown
Breakdown
Townie
Breakdown
Townie
Townie

Post Post #547 (isolation #11) » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:01 pm

Post by Breakdown »

Well, this game seems to have picked up a bit. Regrettably though, I have to ask for replacement. I haven't been able to give this game (and the site in general) enough attention as of late to justify holding a spot here. So I'm going to have to say good bye to mafiascum for the time being. I'll be back eventually, mafia is far too fun to give up on entirely. Have fun with this one people, it's a solid theme.
Breakdown
Breakdown
Townie
Breakdown
Townie
Townie

Post Post #552 (isolation #12) » Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:59 pm

Post by Breakdown »

Actually, at this point I don't need replacement, so I'm in for the long haul. I have been thinking about this game, and have some thoughts, but I really must dash at the moment. I'll post something with some meat to it in a bit.
Breakdown
Breakdown
Townie
Breakdown
Townie
Townie

Post Post #557 (isolation #13) » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:00 am

Post by Breakdown »

Alright, my thoughts aren't really that deep at this point (I need to reread the thread), but I do have a couple general things:

We've got two mafia down, which is good. I'm guessing we've got one or two left, maybe a traitor, probably in the form of Susie Derkins, and a SK. With 11 alive that should give us a bit of breathing in the upcoming days, but with 2-3 kills a night that breathing room is going to disappear if we don't lynch carefully, and UT, you should be a bit less trigger happy.

UT's comment that he meant to hit Scalebane last night bothers me. That either means we've got a role redirector in addition to the blockers, or UT is full of crap. I'm not entirely sure which to believe, but both of them get an FOS from me.

Aside from that, I'm pretty lost ATM. I'm gonna study the thread a bit and get back to you guys.

Oh, and I know it's a case of the pot calling the kettle black, but a lot of you guys need to post more. It's hard to play a text based game without people supplying text.
Breakdown
Breakdown
Townie
Breakdown
Townie
Townie

Post Post #596 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:01 pm

Post by Breakdown »

And things seemed to be picking up so nicely, oh well.

ben, while I will admit there is a remote possibility that mlaker set up the clones as a cult, I somehow think we would have gotten some indication of that through the multiple clones that have died. Plus, a no lynch today would a very, very bad thing for the town. We need to eliminate at least one of the two killing groups pronto, and a no lynch won't get that done. And despite the fact you're about the most active poster in this game, you are also about the best scum candidate at this point.

Vote: bigbenwd
Breakdown
Breakdown
Townie
Breakdown
Townie
Townie

Post Post #644 (isolation #15) » Thu May 06, 2004 3:12 pm

Post by Breakdown »

There's a very real possibility that we are out of mafiosos, but I wouldn't call it a sure thing just yet.

Does anyone have any genuine suspisions about anybody? Cuz I don't. Of course it's been so long since the last day that I kinda forgot how we got here. I think I need to reread the thread, but I don't know how much that'll help. Really all I have to ask now is why EPR Zoneace, why?

One thing I can say is we have a ton of silent people in this game, and at this point I'm not entirely sure who's playing anymore. Mod, maybe you should set a post-by-this-time-or-get-replaced deadline. It'd be nice to some active people in this thing.
Breakdown
Breakdown
Townie
Breakdown
Townie
Townie

Post Post #653 (isolation #16) » Mon May 10, 2004 11:12 am

Post by Breakdown »

*sigh* I'm gonna see this game through, but with what will probably be half the players being replaced it'll almost be like day 1 all over again.

And I agree wholeheartedly with Zone, the first post needs updated in a bad way.
Breakdown
Breakdown
Townie
Breakdown
Townie
Townie

Post Post #665 (isolation #17) » Fri May 21, 2004 9:04 am

Post by Breakdown »

Well, in the interest of getting the ball rolling I guess I'll voice my one suspicion. I'm pretty sketchy on Leonidas. He's been quiet, which is a strike against most of of us I'm aware, but in his case it definitely seems to be more lurking than general inactivity. Every time a post-or-be-replaced ultimatum gets thrown out or someone comments on how quiet he's being he's quick to post, but has yet to throw out much of anything with substance to it even when pressed. I'm left with the impression he wants to be in this game, but just generally not noticed. Not an uncommon mafia/sk tactic, and if he is town, he is not and has not been helping the cause. It's not much to go on, but seeing the plethora of other ideas on who to lynch[/sarcasm], I'm gonna go ahead and
vote: Leonidas

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”