ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:50 am

Post by ashmite84 »

Vote: GF
Vote: 3 shot Roleblocker
Vote: Encryptor

I think the vig could help them steamrole us if they got some momentum going and the day rolecop provides them with too much info.
In a permanent state of Limited Access. I'll understand if I'm replaced in my current games.
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:30 am

Post by ashmite84 »

vote: encryptor
In a permanent state of Limited Access. I'll understand if I'm replaced in my current games.
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:05 pm

Post by ashmite84 »

*Is random voting over? Did it ever start?*

Meh....

vote: coren
- sounded the most suspicious in day 0 IMO. I'm still not sure I'm exactly clear on how a 2 shot vig. is better for the town than an encrytor.
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #3) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:06 pm

Post by ashmite84 »

EBWOP: * Encry
p
tor
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #4) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:41 pm

Post by ashmite84 »

Coron wrote:I'd like to point out that the Encryptor does more than just allow daytalking...

The second ability is imho much much stronger, and may cause much confusion/mislynching late in the game.
I agree. In fact, the daytalking doesn't really phase me at all, I think that that facet of the role is over-rated. Having a role hidden from us could be a thorn in our side later, but I don't think it is a patch on the 2 shot vig. Picture this: for whatever reason we mislynch on D1, the scum make their regular kill on Night 1 plus the vig makes a successful extra kill. Then for whatever reason we mislynch on D2 then the same happens night 2. All of a sudden we are down 6 townies. This is all speculatory as there are factors that could prevent same, plus the scum might not have played it like that anyway. It's just a bit of a scary thought to me. It's also moot at this point as they didn't get the vig. What
is
in contention is your support of this. Now I know that different people have different opinions and it may be that you are innocent and that was simply your opinion, but I know that personally the vig was one of two that jumped out at me
not
to let them get. I think I'm happy with my vote on you for now.
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #5) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:46 pm

Post by ashmite84 »

Sarcastro wrote:Ashmite, Elmo, there's no need for random voting.
Yeah, I sensed such so my vote wasn't exactly random.

Sarcastro wrote:Incognito has practically admitted that he's scum, so we can just lynch him as quick as possible.
I'm keen to see how the Sarcastro / Incognito exchange plays out before I comment.
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #6) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:23 pm

Post by ashmite84 »

Sarcastro wrote:
ashmite84 wrote:I'm keen to see how the Sarcastro / Incognito exchange plays out before I comment.
Translation: you're his scumbuddy and you'll only bus him if you're sure that I can convince the town. Good to know.
:lol: Nah, just trying to decide if it's some grade A distancing, a misunderstandng between 2 townies, you've got his number or you're trying to start a wagon. And besides which it's very entertaining :P
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #7) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:56 am

Post by ashmite84 »

I'm not sure you can look at it in terms of shortening the game by one day because the hypothetical vigs' NK choices could potentially have info for the town which they would share under certain circumstances during the day, but wouldn't get the chance if they were NK'd.

Anyway enough about that. They've got an encryptor. Re: the point about the false claims, I think that was always going to be an issue, encryptor or no encryptor, because the scum weren't obliged to give us an amount of roles. but an amount of points worth of roles. They could even go above 12 points if it so suited them. I am expecting WIFOM, and lots of backreading and possibly even being able to guess the hidden role (unless we take out the encryptor before this ability is used). So we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. What we need is some A game scumhunting and we should be fine.
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #8) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by ashmite84 »

Ether wrote:Hey, here's something interesting: the supersaint and its hammerer are both janitorproof. (I've clarified this already.) Until the janitor's shot is out, pressured supersaints should act and claim like vanillas, and the town should vote on who should hammer each individual. (Of course, this assumes that there are supersaints.)
This plan has a lot of merit. I can see a way that makes it fallable, but on the whole I support it.
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #9) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:09 pm

Post by ashmite84 »

Dave wrote:My apologies, I read through the thread, and definitely found Incognito suspicious. Take post 72 for example, I totally disagree with his claim that it doesnt matter what power roles the scum get. Not caring as to the power roles of scum, suggests he has no care for the town, thus making me think he is scum. My votes stands.
QFT.

vote: incognito
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #10) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:17 pm

Post by ashmite84 »

EBWOP:

Sorry,

unvote.

vote: incognito
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (isolation #11) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:52 pm

Post by ashmite84 »

@ Incog: because you didn't respond to him for over 2 days. I realise you mighta been busy IRL, but from a purely game point of view, it looked weak, like you had conceded the point and so I placed my vote to ensure you responded. Ironically I haven't posted myself, for a bit, so I gotta catch up reading now before posting where I'm at right now. Nothin' wrong with an early L-2 in a game this size: you can get info and the wagon itself can be telling. An early
lynch
on the other hand, would be foolish or scummy.
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #12) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:37 pm

Post by ashmite84 »

I will be
LoA
for a couple of days.
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #13) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:55 pm

Post by ashmite84 »

Sorry guys. I have to go away for a week. Unexpected. Request replacement.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”