Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #57 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:09 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Why the hell are people random voting??? Don't you guys understand how anti-town that is in this kind of game?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #64 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:11 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Flameaxe wrote: It's not random voting. Its quicklynching the scum. Hop on.
The first couple of posts were random voting. That = bad.

Everyone needs to go back and read the first game, ASAP.

Also,
vote:Zombieslayer
. He claimed guard so therefore he needs to die.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #66 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

ZombieSlayer54 wrote:
ABWOP:

Random voting is here for the sake of starting discussion. Few people ever go through with their random vote.
We need to, at all costs, avoid any kind of behavior that might give the scum any information. This is actually more important then the actual act of finding scum. Since random voting is somewhat more likely to give scum information then anyone else in the setup, it's bad. Basically, the town's main goal needs to be to keep the scum confused. Also, sorry, but you now need to die.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #72 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

ZombieSlayer54 wrote: *facepalm.jpg*

You know, if I had not claimed guard, you would have said something along the lines of:

"Oh, well you are accused of being scum, but you have not denied it! Therefore, YOU MUST BE SCUM!"

I still do not understand that kind of reasoning.

I mean, damned if I do, damned if I do not. Kind of sucks. Really does.
Ok, you're already dead, but I'll explain this for the benifit of any other pro-town people who didn't read the first game.

The ONLY WAY the town can win this game is if we stop the scum from figuring out who's a guard and who's a Khalif. If someone claims guard, they tell the scum you're not a Khalif. That's the worst thing a pro-town person could do.

NO ONE SHOULD EVER CLAIM ANYTHING IN THIS GAME. Under ANY circumstances. Ever. To do so is a very anti-town act. You're now either a useless guard no scum will ever target, or else you're scum. Either way, it's necessary for the good of the town that you die now.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #89 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:39 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Zombie: If this was a normal mafia game, I'd be all in favor of encouraging you to logically state your case, to have everyone logically argue it, and all that. The problem is, that's not as good an idea in an AITP game. Too many people have already voted for you. Too many people have already commented on you. Even if it wasn't for your claim, it would still be way too obveous to the scum that you're not a Khalif. That means you have to die.

We just can't afford to go through several big bandwagosn a day, to let them build up and then fade away like we would in a normal mafia game. That gives away too much information. Once a bandwagon has gotten to this point in an AITP game, it can't be stopped, and it shouldn't be either.

And since the lynch on you is inevtiable now, going through and logically debating every point like you want us too can't gain us anything, but it very easily could result in some kind of slip on someone's part.

So, yeah. I realize how counter-intuitive it is, it's not my style in a normal mafia game, but I'm afraid here, the correct pro-town move is for everyone to say
LYNCH LYNCH LYNCH LYNCH LYNCH BANDWAGON BANDWAGON BANDWAGON BANDWAGON BANDWAGON
And then bandwagon you to a lynch, as quickly as possible.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #91 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:42 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

No.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #100 (isolation #6) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:51 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Stop arguing with him, Jdodge. Just ignore him. He'll be dead soon enough. The more we argue with him, the more he'll keep using it as an excuse to keep fishing for kings the way he is.

That goes for everyone. Do not respond in any way to anything Zombie says from now on. Just pile on the votes.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #106 (isolation #7) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

(sigh) No, in most games, shutting up and dying would be terrible pro-town play. In this game, in this situation, it's the only think you can do to avoid hurting the town any more. I'll be glad to explain it to you in more detail after the game is over if you really care.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #137 (isolation #8) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:34 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Well, I missed that day I guess, heh.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #145 (isolation #9) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:40 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

For the record, speedlynching to the extreme extent it was done day 2 here is not the optimal stratagy, I don't think. Once we get to a critical point we will need to lynch, but there's no reason to rush to get there so much that we don't even hear from half the people in the game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #147 (isolation #10) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:02 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

(shrug) We don't win the game by no one getting information. We don't want to give the killers information, but we also need to find the scum, and we can't read people if we don't even let them post.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #150 (isolation #11) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

armlx wrote:Some talk is needed. However, most people talking is not.
Disagree. We didn't win the first game by random lynching, no matter what it looks like. We won the first game by figuring out who the scum were.

We need everyone to post. It'd be way too easy for a scum to just lurk his way through to endgame here while we wagon off random people, and in endgame his odds are a lot higher.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #165 (isolation #12) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:04 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Shy Guy wrote:Yosarian2, you seem to be contradicting yourself. Day 1, you said random voting is bad, discussion is bad, don't give anything away, and lynch until the assassins are dead. Now, you say discussion is great.

unvote vote: Yosarian2
It's complicated.

Random voting is bad, because that's more likely to help scum then town.

Discussion isn't bad. Certain types of dicussion are bad, specifically the types that ZombieSlayer was trying to get us to do. I had a very strong feeling he was scum, and I certanly wasn't going to answer any of his questions or respond to any of his attempts to get reactions out of people. But we still do need some discussion.

Honeslty, the biggest reason Sarc almost won the first game was because we mislynched so many times, often for very bad reasons; the closer a scum gets to endgame, the better his odds are.

There's no clear answer to anything in this game. Basically, I stick to what I said the first game; don't attack multiple people at once or in the same post, avoid commenting on lots of different people all the time, don't do the kind of stuff that helps the scum find the kings. But we still have to find and lynch the scum, and we need to do that ASAP which means we do need some dicussion, we need to at least hear from everyone. You don't want to give eveything away, but totally random lynches still aren't a good thing.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #206 (isolation #13) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

ZombieSlayer54 wrote:Oh, and just to let you know, I was acting EXACTLY like I would have been if I was a guard. I.E. If I was a guard, you would have lynched a guard.

Speed-lynching does NOT work, people.

And neither does insulting someone to hell and back.

I mean, I MIGHT be able to understand the attitude of JDodge if he did it only in-game. The mass amount of insults towards a person would cause them to trip up and give away valuable information they hold. However, JDodge is like this even after a game. This just says that he is a general asshole.
I've got to say, the reason I was voting you wan't because of speed lynching, it was because I thought it was fairly obveous you were scum. A lot of the suggestions you made (like everyone hinting who the kings were to try to confuse the scum) seemed anti-town, and even stuff like "Yosarian, why is random voting bad?" would have been really bad questions for me to answer (since, obveously, people HAD random voted, and I already knew if the people they'd random voted for were kings or not, it was a really dangerous subject).

Basically, you weren't randomally speedlynched, you were lynched because you looked scummy; but some of the ways in which you looked scummy were things that would have been dangerous for pro-town people to discuss.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #207 (isolation #14) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Sarcastro wrote: And sadly, speedlynching does work. That's why I personally don't like AitP that much. There is very little incentive for the town to discuss very much, and while I tend to be an advocate of speeding games up, AitP is just too fast and too mindless (for the most part).
I disagree, actually. There is nothing mindless about AitP. There certanly wasn't anything mindless about anyone's play this game. It just SEEMS mindless, becuase everyone is keeping their cards close to their chest and dosn't necessarally want to explain all their reasons, but the reasons certanly are there. And that makes for a really interesting game.

And yeah, Shy Guy played an amazing game. I suspect him on day 2, but even so, able to figure out both kings on day 3 like that is just amazing. I don't think I've ever seen a game where the town lynched so well and yet lost, hehe.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”