Mafia 79 - "The Amish Mafia" GAME OVER... WHO WON?

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #243 (isolation #0) » Fri May 02, 2008 10:52 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Vote: Babygirl

I swear ive seen you somewhere before.

BM

*no, this is not a random vote based on the fact that ive seen Babygirl before. just to clarify. lol
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #249 (isolation #1) » Sat May 03, 2008 3:18 am

Post by Battle Mage »

The Fonz wrote:
Vote: Alabaska J

Dissension ftw.

If BG86 HAD read all the posts condemning mellow man, and hammered him anyway, it's pretty clear she felt what she was doing was right, and didn't give a crap what people thought. Protown imho.

As an aside, I'm unbelievably pissed at Zombie. THE FUCKING POINT OF THE MASON ROLE IS THAT YOU CLAIM IT AND IT CONFIRMS YOU AS INNOCENT!

If there is a third mason in that masonry, and they are the last mason, I'd like that player to claim today. Since we've had two die without claiming, I don't want the possibility of a third mason hanging around as a scum fakeclaim.
I was just watching the wagon on Babygirl grow in fine fashion, when i saw this post.
The only real thing i can say is:

NO NO NO NO, NO!!!!

If you are part of a masonary group which featured those 2, DO NOT claim. If the masonary is a fully protown group, then it should be pretty obvious who the mason is anyway. If not, said claimed Mason is not confirmed town anyway, but nonetheless, would be best advised to BREADCRUMB VERY SUBTLY.

Asking a mason to claim now is majorly scummy imo. Possibly even too scummy to be true. But,
HoS: Fonz
is definitely warranted. Also, have i been formally introduced yet?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #252 (isolation #2) » Sat May 03, 2008 5:50 am

Post by Battle Mage »

The Fonz wrote:Battle Mage, you're completely wrong.

THe mason ABSOLUTELY SHOULD CLAIM.

How will you feel about a mason claim from a player run up a few days claims mason?

The point of masons is that they are confirmable. Since we can't confirm them since we've had two masons die without claiming, it becomes a very handy safeclaim for scum,
since there is nothing to counteract it.

Therefore, I want them to claim TODAY, when the mason claim is least advantageous for scum. If there is no claim today, we should lynch on sight anyone claiming to be part of that masonry later. Capiche?
*sigh*

Fonz, please dont do a CKD. I have a LOT of respect for you, but if you argue with me
when i'm right
, you wont come out of it feeling great.

With regard to the underlined comment, it is clear that you didnt read my last post fully, as i pointed out there that a mason claim now would be very hard to pull off as a fakeclaim, as it would rest not only on the consistency of that individuals interaction with 1 mason, but
!

Hence, it is incredibly short-sighted and foolish to ask for a mason claim today, IF we even have more of them. Especially with a dead Doctor, what good is a confirmed innocent to us? They'll just get killed tonight. Id much rather they breadcrumbed now, and if we get a claim later, when a confirmed innocent is actually useful to us, then we can check it out, and all is well.

The great thing about this situation is that any mason claim can be virtually confirmed simply by reading the game. A mason claim now is suicide. Any mason who claims now is clearly a terrible player, who has a deathwish. Anyone who pushes a mason-claim now, is either really missing the bigger picture, or is scum.

Oh and ooc, please dont use the word kapish against me. Not only is it one of my favourite words, but your spelling of it was criminal. :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #267 (isolation #3) » Sun May 04, 2008 4:37 am

Post by Battle Mage »

The Fonz wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: *sigh*

Fonz, please dont do a CKD. I have a LOT of respect for you, but if you argue with me
when i'm right
, you wont come out of it feeling great.

With regard to the underlined comment, it is clear that you didnt read my last post fully, as i pointed out there that a mason claim now would be very hard to pull off as a fakeclaim, as it would rest not only on the consistency of that individuals interaction with 1 mason, but
!
Except that no-one really attacked Erratus, and a large number of players just lurked through the day.
Did Erratus lurk?
Fonz wrote:
Hence, it is incredibly short-sighted and foolish to ask for a mason claim today, IF we even have more of them. Especially with a dead Doctor, what good is a confirmed innocent to us? They'll just get killed tonight. Id much rather they breadcrumbed now, and if we get a claim later, when a confirmed innocent is actually useful to us, then we can check it out, and all is well.
The whole, DAMNED, point, is that they are not confirmed innocent because there's no-one else to confirm them! And a dead mason is not a dead cop.
OMFG. Dude, please stay awake!!
If there are multiple masons remaining, as you have put forth as a possibility, they CAN confirm each other in that sense. Furthermore, if there is only 1 more mason left, we can confirm them through their interaction with the other 2 masons. It may not be viable, but even if it ISNT viable in practice, if you shut up about it now, perhaps the scum wont endeavour to find out and either wont fakeclaim mason, or will fakeclaim mason in a way which we can easily spot as bogus. Christ almighty.... 0.o

The great thing about this situation is that any mason claim can be virtually confirmed simply by reading the game. A mason claim now is suicide. Any mason who claims now is clearly a terrible player, who has a deathwish. Anyone who pushes a mason-claim now, is either really missing the bigger picture, or is scum.

Oh and ooc, please dont use the word kapish against me. Not only is it one of my favourite words, but your spelling of it was criminal. :P

BM
BM, my spelling of it was CORRECT.

Capiche?[/quote]

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/capisce

Capisce? lol
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #268 (isolation #4) » Sun May 04, 2008 4:39 am

Post by Battle Mage »

The Fonz wrote:Missed out that middle section:

If you can reduce the number of possible mason partners to one by reading just ONE DAY of interactions, when half the town lurked, I'd be very surprised.
what part of this are you not getting? WE DON'T NEED TO NARROW IT DOWN TO ONE. Hell, it doesnt matter if 3 or 4 people match the description-hopefully the others wont claim mason and we'll narrow it down that way. This entire conversation is grossly anti-town...

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #269 (isolation #5) » Sun May 04, 2008 5:14 am

Post by Battle Mage »

mr. incrediball wrote:i don't see how it would be particularly benificial for the remaining mason (assuming there is one) to claim or stay silent. after all, with both their partners dead, they're nothing more than a vanilla now.

on a side note, i don't think there are/were 3 masons in the first place. if there were 3, it would be more likely that one of them would back up zs.
actually thats a valid point.

A mason left now is as good as vanilla, and if the scum NK them, they are basically wasting an NK. So, it might actually be worthwhile to put a confirmed innocent up as an NK target in order to protect any other power roles we might have. I'm going to analyse the entire game over the next few hous hopefully. Depending on what i find, i MIGHT allow Fonz's plan to proceed.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #273 (isolation #6) » Sun May 04, 2008 7:13 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Unvote, Vote: Mellowed Man

Couldnt be more obvious scum if he claimed Godfather.

:P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #276 (isolation #7) » Sun May 04, 2008 7:29 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Mellowed Man wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Mellowed Man

Couldnt be more obvious scum if he claimed Godfather.

:P

BM
Fos
BM.
OMGUS. Literally. No question about it. I vote for you, and you suddenly pay attention to me. In this case, it is scummy because you obviously dont have any other reason to find me suspicious. Plus you'd much rather sit on the largest bandwagon amirite?
Not so Mellow Man wrote: Do you always play this way? If so, you need to use more logic.
Nice paddling an easy answer. It is never wise to assume that because people dont present a reason immediately, that they do not have one. In fact, anyone who reads your last posts will see the exact same thing as me. Not only do i find it very scummy that you vote for the largest bandwagon when it is very near completion, and we are still discussing, but also that you vote for someone solely based on lurking at this stage, with no analysis of the size of the BW. You even make it sound like a temporary vote, indicating that you either genuinely have no idea where we are in the game, or you want to play a blatant bandwagon attempt down.

Oh and furthermore, your post preceding mine was packed with over-defensive protests. I get sick of people who think if they say something enough, it will become true. Oh, and you dropped the hammer yesterday. It was always out of you and Babygirl today, and im wary of the speed her wagon moved. I think we could be missing the obvious here.
Mellowed Man wrote: Haha.
random laughter interludes are the most well known scumtell. Just ask Skruffs. ;)
Mellowed Man wrote: First off, do you have something personal against The Fonz? It sure seems that way. Those exchanges between you two seemed to be more on a personal level, outside the game spectrum.
On the contrary, i like the Fonz alot. He's one of my favourite players on Mafiascum, and i believe i voted him for Best Newbie last year. Perhaps they seem personal firstly because we know each other fairly well, and secondly (wholly my fault) that in other current games i am getting slightly irate with people arguing stuff that is really poor. Much as i enjoy the novelty of being right, i hate arguing for ages over things like that, because people dont read those arguments, and nothing is learnt (as you yourself have proven).

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #277 (isolation #8) » Sun May 04, 2008 7:32 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Mellowed Man wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Vote: Babygirl

I swear ive seen you somewhere before.

BM

*no, this is not a random vote based on the fact that ive seen Babygirl before. just to clarify. lol
Also, my theory is Babygirl is just trying to go after me, because I'm the only other person that she thinks might be lynched today. That in itself is selfish.

Also, it's not like you came into the game and provided lots of logic. All you have done is just come in and flat-out vote the OBVIOUS and vote Babygirl, what an easy target..
Well ive kinda been waiting for a fantastic introduction. But i guess the moment's passed now.
What makes me laugh is, i feel the exact same way about you, as you claim to feel about me. Unfortunately, your stance is so inconsistent, you havent got a hope in hell of surviving today.

How can you criticise me for voting someone you deem an EASY TARGET, when you yourself have voted for them, and apparently consider them to be scum!?

Confirm Vote: Mellowed Man

Anyone who posts and doesnt switch their vote to Mellowed Man, nor have their vote on Mellowed Man, will be publically berated by me.

Capiche? :D

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #278 (isolation #9) » Sun May 04, 2008 7:42 am

Post by Battle Mage »

ok, ive narrowed a potential Mason to 4 people. I think it would be better if we have an order for claiming Mason/Not-Mason, in order to reduce the possibility of a scum fakeclaiming and getting away with it.

If nobody has any real objection, i'll choose the order later. If Fonz wants, he can help me too.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #291 (isolation #10) » Mon May 05, 2008 1:16 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Mellowed Man wrote:By townie, I meant I was pro-town. Yay for WiFi at the airport.

I claim one-shot vig, and I killed korts last night because he kept attacking me for my lynch yesterday... and, I don't regret it at all, as he just as well could have been scum.

I bet you no one can attest to that, because I Indeed killed him last night. =)

This might be the last post I will make before my potential death.
Awesome. We have confirmation. :D

It was pretty obvious when i replaced in that both kills were committed by anti-town factions as neither were anywhere near satisfactory vig targets. You're an SK arent you? And heck, even if you arent, im not especially worried about losing a 1 shot vig who used their shot killing someone who wasnt their top suspect as scum, as is the case with your claimed kill.

I totally believe that he killed Korts last night. Unfortunately thats about the only thing in his favour. He is most certainly not a Vig.

Confirm Confirm Vote: Mellowed Man
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #292 (isolation #11) » Mon May 05, 2008 1:17 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Alabaska J wrote:Dammit what do we do? I'm thinking it could be gambit, but he has created an immense wifom. DX
umm, what is WIFOM about it?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #293 (isolation #12) » Mon May 05, 2008 1:21 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Riceballtail wrote:First:
UNVOTE

Mellowed, you're failing at being less scummy than you want to be. I didn't like you D1, considering how much you lurked D1. Then you gave a crap reason for hammering. You even blamed it on your lack of participation!
Mellowed Man wrote:I do feel contrite that I hammered ZS, I guess my absence led to stupidity, but I am NOT making any pathetic excuses for myself. Furthermore, those accusing me of making up an excuse for not posting can look and see that I had not before today posted in ANY of my ongoing four games in the same amount of time (4 days) as this one, and that I did indeed post in the Vacation/Limited Access Thread the first time I had just a short period of spare time yesterday.
Here you admit not participating, and also failing to make the notification that you were going to be V/LA until the day before you decided to "come back". IMO you've just reached the top of my scum charts. You and BG are taking this to a personal fight, similar to what you seemed to disapprove of BM and Fonz doing. Since you can't make up your mind, we'll help you.

VOTE: Mellowed Man

Also, don't lurk D1, then decide to call others out on lurking D2. It looks really bad.
Lol. I actually LOVE this game. Its just too easy! Riceballtail is quite clearly Mellowed Man's scumbuddy. C'mon- why else would he be wanting to ADVISE and COUNSEL someone he thinks is scum? Unless you are a really REALLY lenient townie who genuinely wants to help the opposition perform better, i'm seeing your play as totally congruent with frustrated, but sympathetic, bussing scumbuddy.

HoS: RiceBallTail
- IF Mellowed Man comes up as Mafia. If he comes up SK, as i think is fairly likely at this point, then this HoS is no longer valid.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #295 (isolation #13) » Mon May 05, 2008 1:39 am

Post by Battle Mage »

*sigh*

Dont do this to me Fonz. Lets put it like this. The advantage of having the mason claim NOW, is that scum are less likely to fakeclaim, because there are more people left who could potentially be that buddy. If we randomly, in no order, go through people saying Mason/Not Mason, then we wont get anywhere. Similarly, if we simply wait for the real mason to come forward, they might well choose NOT to claim, in the hope that they can trap scum into fake-claiming.

If we do this mason-claim thing, we should do it in an order, and as you clearly dont see the importance of it,
I
will decide this order.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #299 (isolation #14) » Mon May 05, 2008 6:58 am

Post by Battle Mage »

The Fonz wrote:If they choose not to claim, that's their prerogative BM.
Umm, except it literally invalidates the entire exercise, the point of which was, any mason who doesnt claim now will not be believed if they claim later. -.-

I'll start the order off when i get back in tonight.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #303 (isolation #15) » Mon May 05, 2008 10:39 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Right, ValiantValiant, you're first up.

Mason or Not Mason?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #305 (isolation #16) » Mon May 05, 2008 10:48 am

Post by Battle Mage »

just ftr, i dont understand the argument that a town vig should not kill on N1. Firstly, it isnt N0-the vig has had time to find people suspicious. Secondly, even a N0 Vig is not a terrible play, if it is used on a total imbecile. lol
Plus if he WAS a 1-shot vig, i could see alot of logic in him firing earlier rather than later.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #309 (isolation #17) » Mon May 05, 2008 6:58 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Alabaska J wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:Plus if he WAS a 1-shot vig, i could see alot of logic in him firing earlier rather than later.
I think quite the contrary. If you are one-shot, you should wait until you are closer to endgame and have more information so that you can use your kill more wisely. This makes his claim less legitimate IMO.
I disagree. After Day 1 he was always going to be high on the list of suspects, and i can see some logic in him wanting to use his kill in order to confirm himself, if he was worried about his immediate future. You'd be amazed how many times i see these 1/2 shot power roles using their shots early on.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #311 (isolation #18) » Tue May 06, 2008 5:25 am

Post by Battle Mage »

q21 wrote:BM - one problem I have in believing that that is the case is that he never mentioned that he suspected korts. If you plan on killing night one to confirm yourself then you need to give some sort of indication that you think the person you're going to kill is scummy.
hmm, thats a valid point, although its possible that he didnt plan that far ahead. Either way, i dont think he IS a Vig, so this convo is pretty irrelevant. Im just pointing these things out from a general perspective.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #314 (isolation #19) » Tue May 06, 2008 8:58 am

Post by Battle Mage »

i think that is -2.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #317 (isolation #20) » Tue May 06, 2008 10:00 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Claim-time.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #320 (isolation #21) » Tue May 06, 2008 10:07 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Surye wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:Claim-time.

BM
He did claim though, if he changes his claim, LAL. Either way, he's going. I'd be willing to hammer, if someone doesn't get to it before I get to a quick pre-hammer re-read.
I knew that. -.-

*slaps self awake*

Someone hammer then. Also, LAL sucks! :D

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #322 (isolation #22) » Tue May 06, 2008 10:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Mellowed Man wrote:Aww man, I'm scared the mafia will kill me at night. That's why I claimed one-shot, maybe they'll think I'm useless.

Anyways, BM is an idiot for forgetting I claimed, how can he forget that?

Also, I'll as the vigilante kill whoever the town wants me to kill at night, if you wish, but I'm basically dead already, and the mafia will hammer now, so have fun everyone, I've made a lot of mistakes, but that's part of the game.

So have fun!

P.S.
Since when do I have to say why I want to kill someone. Korts called me a hypocrite at the beginning of the game, and was always wanting to kill me.
:roll:

I play alot of games. Actually, forgetting who was claimed is a scumtell for me. :D

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #328 (isolation #23) » Tue May 06, 2008 7:02 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

FoS: Fonz, AlabaskaJ

So...much...Hatred!!!! :x
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #332 (isolation #24) » Wed May 07, 2008 6:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

lol counter
FoS: Rice

It was you who mentioned it, so i figure you warrant an FoS too.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #335 (isolation #25) » Wed May 07, 2008 9:10 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Unvote
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #336 (isolation #26) » Wed May 07, 2008 9:10 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Xyzzy, i love you. <3
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #337 (isolation #27) » Wed May 07, 2008 9:12 am

Post by Battle Mage »

ftr, im not totally discounting the possibility that this is a really well thought out, pre-prepared gambit. But, its not exactly likely now, is it? :D

so, lets
Vote: Rice

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #341 (isolation #28) » Wed May 07, 2008 10:08 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Surye wrote:A wagon isn't to teach you a lesson, it's to pressure you into making another mistake that will reveal you as scum.
qftish
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #346 (isolation #29) » Wed May 07, 2008 7:00 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Alabaska J wrote:Are we really? Well, I'll give mellowed one more shot, though I'd like to somehow work out a way to prove his ability.

unvote, vote Riceballtail
. I love how he didn't even try to defend himself.

Also, if Mellowed is scum, I'm perfectly fine with a BM lynch.
And because of this comment, if Mellow comes up scum, i'll be straight onto you for setting up multiple lynches.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #347 (isolation #30) » Wed May 07, 2008 7:02 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

nswhorse wrote:Interesting no-one at all has noticed my absence. So just who are we jumping on now MM has revealed (thinking he was dead)? I must say we're on a roll - two masons and the doc gone, and almost certainly the serial killer should have been gone. Is the aim of this game to get rid of all minor power roles?

FOS:
Battle Mage

That a grand enough welcome for you? FOS for being so damned cock-sure of himself and pretending a one-line post constitutes a well-reasoned argument and summation of damning evidence.
eh? which post is that?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #352 (isolation #31) » Thu May 08, 2008 10:59 am

Post by Battle Mage »

[quote="Alabaska J"]
Also, BM, your post makes no sense. There is an obvious connection between you and Mellowed Man if he comes up scum. And what is this business about setting up multiple lynches? How am I doing that any more than you are and how in the fucking world does this connect me to Mellowed Man?
quote]

Umm, what? Because i decided to bus my scumbuddy, then somehow MADE SURYE FAIL TO UNVOTE, and then defended him. You make literally no sense. Get out of the thread until you have taken your appropriate medication please.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #356 (isolation #32) » Thu May 08, 2008 7:40 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Alabaska J wrote:Wrong. [hypothetical]You bussed your scumbuddy, he claims vig, makes a big show of being town, people kind of believe him, it turns out he was never lynched, then you change your mind about bussing him with his new claim and stance as a possibly confirmed townie, and jump on Riceballtail .[/hypothetical]

However, if neither of you are scum
which I am leaning towards
(there is a reason I am not voting either of you atm), then you just saved the vig. Congrats. Also, thank god for Riceballtail looking extremely scummy IMO.

Got it?
Eh? I didnt bus him UNTIL he claimed Vig as far as im aware. The claim was the main point against him. But, that aside, hypothetical situations arent usually all that helpful. I could make a similar situation up for 90% of the players in this game.

Also, umm, i didnt save the Vig. Surye did.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #358 (isolation #33) » Fri May 09, 2008 4:50 am

Post by Battle Mage »

he changed his claim. lol
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #364 (isolation #34) » Sat May 10, 2008 4:30 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Alabaska J wrote:I would look at BM. I never said I thought he was scum. I never said I thought BM was scum.
Alabaska J wrote: if he happened to come up scum, I would look into BM
lolwut?
Whats with you?? You are so keen to emphasise that you arent attacking me now, and you dont find me atall scummy, but inexplicably, you will be after my hide if someone i unvoted comes up scum, when in fact, several people have unvoted-i was just the first on the scene.
Alabaska J wrote: Also, there is no way you can ever be sure of anyone's alignment in a situation like this.
No shit! :roll:

That's mafia kiddo. But i'm really not buying your defence. It seems like you attempted to push multiple lynches, then when called on it, realised you had over-committed yourself, and backtracked, with the clear intention of bringing it up later. I'm not having it.
Alabaska J wrote: @BM: You did save him. The
exact same thing happened day one
and the person was hammered soon afterwards. I'm sure something similar would have happened today had you not speedily unvoted.
Are you an advert for terrible townsmanship?
Anyone who hammered in the same situation is an idiot.
I'm serious when i say your attitude truly befuddles me.
Alabaska J wrote: One last thing:
Mellowed Man wrote:unvote, vote Alabaska J

Right now, I don't trust certain people.
Can I have your babies please?
meh, i hate cradle-snatchers.

Unvote, Vote: Alabaska J

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #366 (isolation #35) » Sat May 10, 2008 4:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

mr. incrediball wrote:hmmm...

mellowed man... mellowed man...

1) i'm sorely tempted to go with LAL on this one. i can't see any motivation behind lying about the number of shots you have if you are town.
Maybe so he doesnt get NKed?
Mr Incrediball wrote: 3) i don't get this whole "he claimed in twilight, he must be town" thing. i've been in plenty of games where players have maintained that they are town all the way up to the death scene, and then turned out scum.
This is true. In fact, i almost always do it. But i tend to think that newer players are less likely to. Not everyone is as sick as me. :P
Mr Incrediball wrote: and BM is flip-flopping on the MM issue. He seemed to leap straight from "MM must be scum" to "Rice must be scum" without there seeming to be any moment of confusion in between the two conclusions.
erm, dude, use some context please. In between me thinking MM was scum and my subsequent suspicions was the fake-twilight thing. Anyway being suspicious of multiple people is usually a town tell. Why would there be confusion??
Is that a towntell that i missed?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #370 (isolation #36) » Sat May 10, 2008 5:24 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Mellowed Man wrote:
mr. incrediball wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Maybe so he doesnt get NKed?
have you heard of a wonderful new invention? it's called a doc.
Have you noticed who's died in this game? Korts was a doctor.
thats a towntell for incrediball imho. An idiottell but a towntell too.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #374 (isolation #37) » Sun May 11, 2008 12:10 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Alabaska J wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Alabaska J wrote:I would look at BM. I never said I thought he [Mellowed Man] was scum. I never said I thought BM was scum.
lolwut?
Whats with you?? You are so keen to emphasise that you arent attacking me now, and you dont find me atall scummy, but inexplicably, you will be after my hide if someone i unvoted comes up scum, when in fact, several people have unvoted-i was just the first on the scene.
Yes. I don't think you are scummy, but you will jump to the top of my list if Mellowed Man comes up scum because the interaction between you two at that point points to a possible scum connection. And yes several people unvoted. Also, several people had reasons. Not only were you "first on the scene," you had no reason to unvote.

WTF? Yes i did. I unvoted because he sounded genuine, and to some extent confirmed himself.
Alabaska J wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Alabaska J wrote: Also, there is no way you can ever be sure of anyone's alignment in a situation like this.

That's mafia kiddo. But i'm really not buying your defence. It seems like you attempted to push multiple lynches, then when called on it, realised you had over-committed yourself, and backtracked, with the clear intention of bringing it up later. I'm not having it.
How the fuck did I push multiple lynches? Where is this bs coming from? All I stated was that if Mellowed Man
ever
came up scum (whether from a nightkill or a situation that occurs later in the game that causes him to be lynched (counter-claim or something)), I would look into BM first, because of the actions that occurred at the point in time when Mellowed Man was about to be lynched.
thats pushing multiple lynches! And on poor grounds too, seeing as ANYONE town would have unvoted at that point. I'm sure you would claim to do the same, hence i find your attack grossly hypocritical.
Alabaska J wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Alabaska J wrote: @BM: You did save him. The
exact same thing happened day one
and the person was hammered soon afterwards. I'm sure something similar would have happened today had you not speedily unvoted.
Are you an advert for terrible townsmanship?
Anyone who hammered in the same situation is an idiot.
I'm serious when i say your attitude truly befuddles me.
Doesn't prevent it from happening. We have our fair share of idiots here at Mafia Scum.
...true dat. :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #377 (isolation #38) » Sun May 11, 2008 3:33 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Alabaska J wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Alabaska J wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Alabaska J wrote:I would look at BM. I never said I thought he [Mellowed Man] was scum. I never said I thought BM was scum.
lolwut?
Yes. I don't think you are scummy, but you will jump to the top of my list if Mellowed Man comes up scum because the interaction between you two at that point points to a possible scum connection. And yes several people unvoted. Also, several people had reasons. Not only were you "first on the scene," you had no reason to unvote.

WTF? Yes i did. I unvoted because he sounded genuine, and to some extent confirmed himself.

See, the problem with this is you didn't say that what when you posted. We can't read your mind, genius. You said could be a well-thought out gambit but that wasn't likely. Why isn't it likely? Also, I find it weird that you believe this, even though you claim to do the same thing when you are scum. I know you given some reasoning about new players, but I did something similar (although, I admit, not identical, but the scenario was different) in my very first game as scum.
What other reason could it have been? I mean, theres a big difference between 'there was no reason' and 'you didnt explain your reason'. :roll:

Alabaska J wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Alabaska J wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

How the fuck did I push multiple lynches? Where is this bs coming from? All I stated was that if Mellowed Man
ever
came up scum (whether from a nightkill or a situation that occurs later in the game that causes him to be lynched (counter-claim or something)), I would look into BM first, because of the actions that occurred at the point in time when Mellowed Man was about to be lynched.
thats pushing multiple lynches! And on poor grounds too, seeing as ANYONE town would have unvoted at that point. I'm sure you would claim to do the same, hence i find your attack grossly hypocritical.
No, it is not. Nowhere in this post do I advocate the lynch of Mellowed Man.
You are encouraging simultaneous lynches on dodgy grounds. If you dont find 2 people atall scummy, why would you try so hard to tie them together?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #382 (isolation #39) » Sun May 11, 2008 9:02 am

Post by Battle Mage »

The Fonz wrote:
BM:

Your 'multiple lynches' thing is BS. The point of the multiple lynches scumtell is that scum do it, along the lines of 'well, if X isn't scum, Y who he is arguing with MUST be' which doesn't follow, and can be used to lynch consecutive townies.

Looking for scummy connections between two players, and suggesting that you'll go after one if the other is scum, is what town basically HAS TO DO. It's so far from being a scumtell it's not even funny.
Well, yes and no. You are right with your definition, but what you fail to recognise is that tying two townies together is the same as tying a townie to a scumbag. Or at least, it has the same result. If said player is scum, then the result of losing a buddy is at the very least, 1 mislynch. Its a great investment by the scum, and happens ALOT. Just Alabaska made it VERY obvious.
Fonzie wrote: Also, I don't get why 'anyone protown' would HAVE to unvote Mellowed. Competent scum continue to insist they are town right up to the posting of the nightscene, in case there's a mayor/governor or some mistake in the vote count.
i would say ive never seen that role before, except i saw it for the first time ever, this morning. rofl
Either way, its not that common, and is a pretty poor reason behind the play.
Regardless, acknowledging that competent scum do something is irrelevant, as MM is clearly not 'competent scum' (no offence!) to the extent that i think you mean. Do you know something i dont about him? Or are you just trying to be argumentative?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #384 (isolation #40) » Sun May 11, 2008 9:15 am

Post by Battle Mage »

The Fonz wrote:
Fonzie wrote: Also, I don't get why 'anyone protown' would HAVE to unvote Mellowed. Competent scum continue to insist they are town right up to the posting of the nightscene, in case there's a mayor/governor or some mistake in the vote count.
i would say ive never seen that role before, except i saw it for the first time ever, this morning. rofl
Always assume you can win, until it's known that you've lost.
Worst. Philosophy. Ever.
lol
Fonzie wrote:
Regardless, acknowledging that competent scum do something is irrelevant, as MM is clearly not 'competent scum' (no offence!) to the extent that i think you mean.
Do you know something i dont about him?
Or are you just trying to be argumentative?
unvote, vote: Battle Mage

For the blatant rolefish.
Rolefish? rofl
How do you figure that to be a rolefish? :lol:
I'm discussing his competency ffs. How does me asking whether you have a meta on him, pertain to his role, in any way, shape or form??

Loose-voter...

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #386 (isolation #41) » Sun May 11, 2008 9:23 am

Post by Battle Mage »

The Fonz wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
Always assume you can win, until it's known that you've lost.
Worst. Philosophy. Ever.
lol
Wouldn't you feel stupid, BM, if you'd fessed up to being scum, and then it was revealed that someone had forgotten to unvote, or something like that meant you didn't die?
:roll:
Thats why when you are lynched, you CHECK THE F**KING VOTES! :D
Fonzie-again wrote:
ME! wrote:
Fonzie wrote:
Regardless, acknowledging that competent scum do something is irrelevant, as MM is clearly not 'competent scum' (no offence!) to the extent that i think you mean.

Rolefish? rofl
How do you figure that to be a rolefish? :lol:
I'm discussing his competency ffs. How does me asking whether you have a meta on him, pertain to his role, in any way, shape or form??

Loose-voter...

BM
You're asking if I have any knowledge that isn't generally available. Since a) I've never played with him before and b) if I HAD, I'd have let my meta on him be in the open, then I can only conclude that you were fishing for some kind of investigative role.
Yes because of course i stalk you and know all your games at any 1 time, right? wrong.
I dont know whether you have a meta on him or not, but you make it sound like you have, so i was interested to interrogate you to see whether you could back up your words with some proof.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #388 (isolation #42) » Sun May 11, 2008 9:28 am

Post by Battle Mage »

The Fonz wrote:BM: Again, IF I HAD A META ON HIM, I'D HAVE SAID SO, WOULDN'T I!

Also, how exactly would one have a meta pertaining to such a specific situation?
If you dont have a meta on him, why would you make the assuation that he is an experienced mafia player?

Also, please calm down. You're not the one who just got voted by a good player, on really shite reasoning. If anyone should be irate, it be me! :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #390 (isolation #43) » Sun May 11, 2008 9:30 am

Post by Battle Mage »

mr. incrediball wrote:
The Fonz wrote:

that's a MAJOR reach.

what could BM possibly be suggesting relating to this game? that you have a role which can find out how competent someone is? that he thinks MM has secretly revealed master strategies to you through nightalk?

he was asking if you knew something about how good MM is, not about his role! blatant paranoia.
rofl. You're SO right, and it feels great watching Fonz get TOLD by a newer players. :D :D
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #393 (isolation #44) » Sun May 11, 2008 9:34 am

Post by Battle Mage »

The Fonz wrote:Assertion, Bm.
Dang lol. I couldve sworn assuation was a real word. WHY DID NO-ONE TELL ME!? :P
Fonz wrote: And the short answer is- i didn't. I never made the assertion that he is an experienced mafia player. I said, it's a bad idea to 'clear' someone because they claim in twilight, especially when it's a change of claim, because it is the correct and usual thing for scum to do. Sure, you might get the odd newbie who doesn't think it through... but I'm not necessarily going to assume that MM, if he were scum, would be incapable of doing the optimal scum thing.
In fairness, what you deem 'the optimum scum THING' is rarely of any consequence. Its only in very rare circumstances that it achieves anything. Just because i do it, does not mean that it is a great policy.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #396 (isolation #45) » Sun May 11, 2008 10:00 am

Post by Battle Mage »

The Fonz wrote:
mr. incrediball wrote:

that's a MAJOR reach.

what could BM possibly be suggesting relating to this game? that you have a role which can find out how competent someone is? that he thinks MM has secretly revealed master strategies to you through nightalk?

he was asking if you knew something about how good MM is, not about his role! blatant paranoia.
That I have a guilty investigation on him, of course, you idiot!

And again- isn't it obvious to anyone with half a brain that if i had a meta read on someone, I wouldn't keep it to myself!!!!?
Then i was curious as to why you had insinuated that MM was experienced, after you had commented that it was a tactic used frequently amongst experienced scum.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #397 (isolation #46) » Sun May 11, 2008 10:01 am

Post by Battle Mage »

mr. incrediball wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
rofl. You're SO right, and it feels great watching Fonz get TOLD by a newer players. :D :D

i like how everyone on this site thinks i'm a mafia noob.
i didnt say noob. I said, newer than Fonz. thats not an insult. In fact, you seem to be a very good player from what i have seen so far today.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #408 (isolation #47) » Sun May 11, 2008 7:10 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Riceballtail wrote:BM: Stop aggravating the situation, it doesn't look well on your part.
aggravating the situation? You mean stop scumhunting? -.-
Riceballtail wrote: Fonz: Sympathies, as you to must suffer under the BM's mind games. I do think you did a reach on that post, but I also realize that you may not be wrong either. Neutral feelings.
there are few things that are in worse taste than apologising on someone else's behalf. Also noting that you make no comment on my affiliation.
Textbook stuff.
Rice wrote: Overall: MM and BM are showing to be quite scummy, and I don't like it. I think MM almost deserves policy LAL, especially saying he wasn't going to have access, then posted more frequently than the rest of the game. I still want to know what happened to VV.
oh wait, there it is. So i'm scummy...why? Because Fonz says so? I call bs.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #416 (isolation #48) » Mon May 12, 2008 5:50 am

Post by Battle Mage »

killa seven wrote:hmm i just want 2 step in and say, BM you should know better that when people are gettin BW and they fake claim they keep the fake claim to the death, we just went through this in mafia 75, when i was SK and claimed VIG i insisted i was vig untill the end.
and BG asking for replacement after 1 vote is scummy. i dont like how you vanished after the pressure was off you when the town switched to MM.
also i dont like how MM said he didnt have pc access because of his parents when he thought he was dead. then he gets saved and hes the most active besides MM
well after that.
FOS MM
FOS BM
the situations are different because:

1. in Mafia 75 you were counter-claimed.
2. The situation regarding the unsuccessful hammer did not occur.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #429 (isolation #49) » Thu May 15, 2008 2:03 am

Post by Battle Mage »

lets kill Rice.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #430 (isolation #50) » Thu May 15, 2008 2:04 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Battle Mage wrote:lets kill Rice.
sorry, ignore that.

Please, curry on.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #432 (isolation #51) » Thu May 15, 2008 2:13 am

Post by Battle Mage »

i'm unable to deal with criticism lol. Hence my general anger at Xtoxm atm. :(
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #434 (isolation #52) » Thu May 15, 2008 2:16 am

Post by Battle Mage »

The Fonz wrote:BM, if you couldn't deal with criticism, you wouldn't have lasted five minutes, the amount you get. :P
lol

actually, i dont get alot of criticism anymore. My compliment-insult ratio is currently at about 4:1 whereas it used to be 1:52 :P
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #444 (isolation #53) » Sat May 17, 2008 3:17 am

Post by Battle Mage »

yeh Alabaska is scum. Fonz is just very foolish.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #448 (isolation #54) » Sat May 17, 2008 6:44 am

Post by Battle Mage »

yay! :)
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #452 (isolation #55) » Sun May 18, 2008 2:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Alabaska J wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:yeh Alabaska is scum. Fonz is just very foolish.

:D Love you and all your reasonings! Maybe
post more explicitly
to avoid making such sweeping generalizations as these.
*resists urge to post pornographic image*

No, but srsly, its pretty obvious you are scum. Just die quietly so we can get on with finding your buddies, please.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #459 (isolation #56) » Sun May 18, 2008 9:03 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Unvote, Vote: Dizzy

Not a direct result of Kuribo's post, but i think he might have the right idea.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #466 (isolation #57) » Mon May 19, 2008 4:37 am

Post by Battle Mage »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:Surely we'd want him to die loudly so we can use his noise to track his buddies?
this post gives me terribly scummy vibes. Enough for a wagon at this stage.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #473 (isolation #58) » Mon May 19, 2008 11:51 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Alabaska J wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:yeh Alabaska is scum. Fonz is just very foolish.

:D Love you and all your reasonings! Maybe
post more explicitly
to avoid making such sweeping generalizations as these.
*resists urge to post pornographic image*

No, but srsly, its pretty obvious you are scum. Just die quietly so we can get on with finding your buddies, please.

BM
Given his response to what I posted, to me this vaguely reads as BMscum telling Alabaskascum to keep his mouth shut so as not to implicate his scum buddies. Meh. I could be reading more into it than there is, but I'm considering the possibility.
Yeah, i can see that. Fair cop.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #474 (isolation #59) » Mon May 19, 2008 11:58 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:Why? Maximum content from scum is desirable as it increases the likelihood that they will make mistake and provide links to their fellow scum.
:sigh:

Its not WHAT you are saying, but the WAY you are saying it. If i go into detail, it'll be confusing for me and you. But if it stops your buddies flaming me, i guess its for the best. Basically, the entire nature of your post feels unconvincing. Whilst what you say is right, you put it across in such a way as i would expect from scum TRYING TO APPEAR TO WANT WHAT IS IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE TOWN. If you were ACTUALLY protown, there is no motive atall for telling someone you think is scum, that if they talk alot, they are susceptible to revealing their buddies, and thus your post destroyed the optimum town play. Finally, your post was made in the second person. I can see that in some circumstances this might be natural, but ive read the post several times, and it sounds like you know i am protown-whilst someone who is genuinely town, in almost all circumstances, will not have such knowledge, and would thus be suspicious of everyone.

Apparently nobody else reads into things quite as much as me. I havent done that on MS in ages, but last time i did, it worked a treat. Ironically, i was criticised at the time, and was bullied into retracting my suspicions-later finding out if i had stuck to my guns, we'd have nailed a scumbag.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #475 (isolation #60) » Tue May 20, 2008 12:01 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Alabaska J wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:Surely we'd want him to die loudly so we can use his noise to track his buddies?

BM
What the hell…looked like a harmless joke to me. I really am starting to dislike playing with you.
Lol its a shame i cant reference the game as it isnt quite over, but i had a similar conversation yesterday. Somebody i attacked started resorting to personal comments when a wagon formed on him, and it looked like he was going down. I'm now starting to regard OMGUS under certain circumstances, as scummy.

With reference to your (limited) content, how the hell can you conceive that Izzy's post was a
JOKE????!!!
:shock:

Btw, if i didnt say earlier, im still ok with an Alabaska lynch. But Izzy is my pick for today.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #476 (isolation #61) » Tue May 20, 2008 12:02 am

Post by Battle Mage »

The Fonz wrote:
Mellowed Man wrote:It's not like you are contributing either. All you've done in the past week is say you want Evilgorillaz like 6 days ago, then say a few people are scummy (whom many people have, what a follower) and ask BM to post more detailed explanations of his votes
All of this sounds like content to me.
Battle Mage wrote:

BM
Really? Seriously?
yes. :roll:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #479 (isolation #62) » Tue May 20, 2008 9:21 am

Post by Battle Mage »

mr. incrediball wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: With reference to your (limited) content, how the hell can you conceive that Izzy's post was a
JOKE????!!!
:shock:
hm... i don't get that. is it meant to be sarcastic?
umm, no. Please feel free to field the question for your buddy Alabaska, if you agree with him. Christ, i'm sick of so many people making so little sense...

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #481 (isolation #63) » Tue May 20, 2008 9:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Alabaska J wrote:I really don't understand why this comment is such a big deal. I could totally see that comment with a ;) after it and its meaning wouldn't change for me at all.
I mean, seeing as the comment was closer to an attack on me (if I had to frame it as such) than anyone else, and I don't see anything wrong with it
BM's play has just been off this whole game
and while I see a major connection with him and the claimed vig I reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaally can't take it anymore.
Please explain again what you see as scummy in the comment.
Why not let Izzy answer?

Izzy, was your comment total BS for the sake of humour, or was it a genuine suggestion on how the town should behave?

The bit in italics is an example of why i cant take you seriously. If you think all this game is about is one big OMGUS match, there isnt alot more i can tell you. Except, try a few more newbie games before you take on the large un's. :roll:

The bit in bold is confusing, as i dont think ive ever played with you before. That said, what makes you think my play is 'off' here. Where are you drawing this meta argument from?

Finally, the bit underlined is wierd. Why would you want me to explain something again, about 5 posts after i originally explained it?? 0.o
You havent indicated anything in particular was unclear, and from your vote, i take it that you are suggesting that i am scum. That being the case, why would you even care for me to repeat myself?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #485 (isolation #64) » Tue May 20, 2008 10:46 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Alabaska J wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:The bit in italics is an example of why i cant take you seriously. If you think all this game is about is one big OMGUS match, there isnt alot more i can tell you. Except, try a few more newbie games before you take on the large un's. :roll:
WRONG. EPIC FAIL REREAD.

I never said anything about it being OMGUS at all. Also, I'm assuming, because The Fonz thinks that your analysis of the quote is off too, he should go back to newbie games?
You said that the fact that the criticism was about you, you should have the best judgement on whether it is scummy or not, which is totally untrue and also hugely arrogant.

The Fonz is a legend. But he's not always right. Actually Fonz didnt make such a criticism, he just didnt quite understand what i was getting at-mainly because i didnt go into a detailed explanation.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #486 (isolation #65) » Tue May 20, 2008 10:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

q21 wrote:This thread has gotten bloody confusing in the last page or so - I'm not even sure why you're all arguing about something which seems fairly inane to me. Unless I've completely missed what it is that you're all going on about.

The one conclusion I have drawn from these pages is that either BM or Alabaska has to die today.

Becaues of those two he has more votes at the moment:
unvote, vote AlabaskaJ

MOD: CAN WE HAVE A VOTE COUNT PLEASE

... and Riceballtail sneaks through another day.
Unvote, Vote: Q21

If you are suspicious of RBT, why would you limit yourself to 2 completely different lynches??

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #493 (isolation #66) » Tue May 20, 2008 11:51 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

q21 wrote:Because my vote on RBT is achieving nothing. If suddenly a wagon on him springs out of nowhere I'll happily switch back, but do you see that happening?.. no, me neither.
hmm ok, fair do's.

Unvote
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #494 (isolation #67) » Tue May 20, 2008 11:53 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Alabaska J wrote:
Mellowed Man wrote:Is it just me, or is it a telling tell if it is hard to start a wagon on some guys who have more evidence against them, while it is really easy to start a huge wagon, leading to lynch -1 on someone else, who is not as scummy?
Why thank you Mellowed Man.

Also,
unvote, vote: q21

Opportunistic scum just got himself caught. It looks as though me and Bowel Movement over there might finally agree on something.
Lol opportunistic yourself. :D

Vote: Alabaska J

Now try and tell me you arent OMGUSsy scum, purely dominated by the will to survive.

I'm happy to lynch this damn fool whenever.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #501 (isolation #68) » Thu May 22, 2008 1:04 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Surye wrote:Yes, claim or die.
or just the latter. lol

Nah, lets give the poor guy a chance to claim. And recant on his deathbed.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #506 (isolation #69) » Thu May 22, 2008 10:35 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Mellowed Man wrote:
Alabaska J wrote:Vanilla. Go town. Look into the BM-Mellowed Man connection for me tomorrow, will ya?
Ha. You are just trying to throw BM and me out as a pair, and are just saying "Hey I'm going to die, look at them tomorrow! HINT HINT LYNCH THEM AFTER I'M DEAD."

Nice job pleading your case..
this post makes no sense. Still happy to lynch Alabaska. That was a scummy claim by all accounts.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #509 (isolation #70) » Thu May 22, 2008 11:23 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Alabaska J wrote:
Mellowed Man wrote:
Alabaska J wrote:Vanilla. Go town. Look into the BM-Mellowed Man connection for me tomorrow, will ya?
Ha. You are just trying to throw BM and me out as a pair, and are just saying "Hey I'm going to die, look at them tomorrow! HINT HINT LYNCH THEM AFTER I'M DEAD."

Nice job pleading your case..
That post makes no sense whatsoever…your connection is so obvious that I think you two should be lynched after I'm dead. What is anti-town about that?
Your logic is terrible. But you are so blindsided by OMGUS, i wouldnt expect you to see it, even if you were town.

Thats said, when you die, a Musher lynch might be worth considering. Its possible you are tying your buddy to a townie on your deathbed.

BM

Also, I've given up. That's why there is not more. The vote on q21 is genuine, but it looks opportunistic and scummy, and I don't think I can defend it adequately enough after rereading so
unvote
and hopefully we get something done correctly for tomorrow.[/quote]
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #523 (isolation #71) » Fri May 23, 2008 1:36 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Alabaska J wrote:
Surye wrote:
DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:...what sort of idiot self-votes?
There is no role in the game but a Jester that should EVER self vote. It's equivelent to throwing a fit like a baby.

If he didn't want to play, he should have asked to be replaced.
Rather not strain the replacement queue, thank you very much. I saved you the time until an inactive stopped by to hammer.

Good night, and good luck.
Thanks for self-hammering. I feel slightly endeared to you know, after all the shit i got for self-hammering once.

Good Luck, and i'll cya around.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #524 (isolation #72) » Fri May 23, 2008 1:38 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Surye wrote:
Mellowed Man wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Thats said, when you die, a Musher lynch might be worth considering. Its possible you are tying your buddy to a townie on your deathbed.

BM

Also, I've given up. That's why there is not more. The vote on q21 is genuine, but it looks opportunistic and scummy, and I don't think I can defend it adequately enough after rereading so
unvote
and hopefully we get something done correctly for tomorrow.
Alabaska is sneaky. He realized that BM messed up his quote tag, and made the BOLDED UNVOTE show up. Therefore, Alabaska pressed to his advantage and decided to pretend to hammer himself. Pretty obvious IMHO.
I noticed that too. I doubt it was a gambit though, and I think if BM stands any chance to live this down, he'll come hammer or someone else will. IGMEOY BM for that though.[/quote]

Rofl. If it was necessary for me to point out the irony of this-in the very post you condemn me to for messing up quote tags, you do the exact same thing. Hypocrite much?

BM

*also, what kind of idiot scumbag would consider self-hammering to be a gambit that might save his life? Its pretty much a null tell whichever way you look at it.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #525 (isolation #73) » Fri May 23, 2008 1:40 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Mellowed Man wrote:It's pretty hard to miss a quote tag. One possibility that isn't too far-fetched is that they are scumbuddies, but I doubt it. Anyways, or BM just wanted to push to his advantage and see if anyone would notice. It was kind of an obvious one though, knowing XYZZY and his ways. BM, I suggest you hammer.

I strongly doubt Alabaska wouldn't just hammer himself for a reason like that, that he was waiting for an inactive. After what I did, he probably wanted to act like that, after being so defensive for the long stretch, to try to trick us.
Rofl. If it was necessary for me to point out the irony of this-in the very post you condemn me to for messing up quote tags, you do the exact same thing. Hypocrite much?

BM

*side-note, all the tags on this page are pretty f***ed. Xyzzy! We need you!
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #526 (isolation #74) » Fri May 23, 2008 1:43 am

Post by Battle Mage »

killa seven wrote:im never a fan of self hammerin to get pity, why hammer yourself if your town? because you cant beat surye mm and bm in a argument so you throw a fit and attempt to hammer yourself?
also i dont like BM sneakily unvotin, i doubt bm would mess up the quote tags, dude is constantly on here.
vote alaska j
How does my activity correllate to me messing up a quote tag?
Im not sure of the ruling on this, but id probably go with Alabaska, and say that it wouldnt count as it wasnt MY unvote-rather it was someone elses, which i misquoted.

Also, this is the most content i've ever seen from you K7! I wonder if this is what you are like as scum?

Pre-Vote: Killa 7

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #528 (isolation #75) » Fri May 23, 2008 4:49 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Surye wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:*also, what kind of idiot scumbag would consider self-hammering to be a gambit that might save his life? Its pretty much a null tell whichever way you look at it.
While it may be a moot point, I tend to disagree. Scum, especially closer to endgame, start to feel "the world is against me and my secrets, they know, I messed up" and this causes frustration and resentment, leading to something as idiotic and rash as a self hammer. So I'd say it's not a scumtell, but it definitely leans scum in my opinion.
got any examples?

In the interest of fairness, i'll provide my own.

Face to Face Mafia i hammered myself as a vanilla townie, with the intention of making a statement (that the people i thought were scum, should be lynched). Not sure it worked, but that was the idea.

I think i may have done it in a smaller game aswell, but i cant remember the name. Ive never self-hammered as scum.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #549 (isolation #76) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:58 am

Post by Battle Mage »

bah. i hate it when this happens. :P
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #555 (isolation #77) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:40 am

Post by Battle Mage »

The Fonz wrote:I also hate it when BM plays mafia.

/jk
even if u were kidding, i've really had enough of this today. Btw, Xyzzy, you should probably consider putting something in the rules about not posting when u are dead.

Go Town!
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”