Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by Capricious »

Hi all, I'm not at all familiar with the Justice League, have never read comics of any sort.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by Capricious »

Vote: cicero

for being scum bussing zoneface, also, there are no heroes in togas or pants.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by Capricious »

It hasn't stalled, we are waiting for J-man's replacement.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #3) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by Capricious »

I don't think his poem meant anything, and if it did, I'd rather not have him explain.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by Capricious »

Mirth wrote:
Capricious wrote:I don't think his poem meant anything, and if it did, I'd rather not have him explain.
Why?
Think.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #5) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:59 am

Post by Capricious »

Mirth wrote:So you're saying you have a post restriction. (This was my theory that I didn't want to say it and give anyone any ideas). And your post restriction is what then? Outting yourself?
quit hunting
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #6) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:58 am

Post by Capricious »

Riktus has a post restriction, yes.

If he's town, it's obviously advantageous for him to not explain and out his role.

If he's scum, surely it is better to lie waiting for him to get more posts in so when he does reveal his post restriction, we have more to check it with.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #7) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:13 am

Post by Capricious »

Who am I defending?
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #8) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by Capricious »

The problem with the mass claim is that there are a myriad of Justice League heroes. Looking at wikipedia nets over 100 members. Now, I'm not sure which of those are well known, but it still seems unlikely to actually catch a scum lying. I will support a mass claim, however, because I find it difficult for scum to correlate roles with abilities.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:54 am

Post by Capricious »

My whole point was that mass claim is unlikely to help anybody, town and scum alike. I would say there's maybe a 20 % chance we catch a scum lying, but I don't see how scum can benefit from just knowing all of our role names, i.e., is superman a cop or a vig or a vanilla?

I doubt scum have been given a checklist of names matching abilities, I think it's more likely that scum have been provided with same claims. In any event, the slim possibility that mass claim can catch scum is better than nothing, especially because I can't see how scum would benefit.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (isolation #10) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:55 am

Post by Capricious »

WhoMe? wrote:
Thesp wrote:I like Capricious's line of thought, but disagree with its conclusion.
That's kind of my point. Capricious makes a good case for a mass claim being anti-town, and then about turns and says lets do it....
Yeah, I didn't put forth that mass claim was anti-town, I stated that it was probably useless.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by Capricious »

That was how I interpreted it, as it was ridiculously obvious that role claim was bad. We don't know what roles are in this game, but we do know the role names of every possible superhero.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #12) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:39 am

Post by Capricious »

Who are against name claiming? and why?
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #13) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:20 pm

Post by Capricious »

I still don't see how scum can pick up our roles through our names or how name claiming benefits scum in any other way... , on the other hand, it might catch scum lying.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #14) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:24 pm

Post by Capricious »

ZONEACE wrote:It's not an original reason, but Capricious' unwillingness to let the massclaim die is gonna get my vote. The scum have more to gain from it than the town. The possiblility of the scum figuring out the power roles doesn't outeighs the very weak possibillity of catching a scum. 1 scum for several power roles is not a good trade.
You are right, one or two scum for several power roles is not a good trade. But why do seemingly the majority of you think that will happen when we mass name claim?

Can someone please give thoughts on how power roles will be revealed through name claiming? I don't see it AT all. I'm willing to drop it, however, because there is obviously no unanimous support for mass claim.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #15) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by Capricious »

cicero wrote:Capricious, lets say there was a justice league cop, who did investigations, let's call him, saaaaay, a detective. Maybe even the world's greatest detective. What would that detective/cop's name be?
Zonace wrote:The last time i was in a justice league game i was batman and I was an Inventor, NOT THAT UNEXPECTED.
Lookee here, two people who are arguing against mass claiming had two different opinions about Batman's role. This is not convincing me at all. Who is to say Batman couldn't be a Vig, a mason, or just plain vanilla? The mod can twist the flavor however he wishes. I did not believe any power roles would be discovered through mass claiming, but that was my opinion. Maybe you guys have experience/flavor information that cause you to believe names could b associated with powers, whatever, I have none. So, I will stop pushing for a mass claim because we don't have unanimity.
WhoMe? wrote:the reason I seem wishy washy is that I am ambivalent as to whether a mass claim would be pro-town or anti-town. It all depends on information I don't have. Do the scum have safe claims? Would we be successful in getting them to claim first? Do the roles we have fit any sort of pattern etc etc. The point I had against Capricious, was him laying out all the reasons it was a bad thing for town, and then promoting it.
All I layed out was that we had a slim chance of something going good for us, while the scum appeared to me, at least to have an even slimmer chance to get something good in return. That was why I supported mass claim.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #16) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:55 am

Post by Capricious »

Sierra wrote:
Capricious wrote:
cicero wrote:Capricious, lets say there was a justice league cop, who did investigations, let's call him, saaaaay, a detective. Maybe even the world's greatest detective. What would that detective/cop's name be?
Zonace wrote:The last time i was in a justice league game i was batman and I was an Inventor, NOT THAT UNEXPECTED.
Lookee here, two people who are arguing against mass claiming had two different opinions about Batman's role. This is not convincing me at all. Who is to say Batman couldn't be a Vig, a mason, or just plain vanilla? The mod can twist the flavor however he wishes. I did not believe any power roles would be discovered through mass claiming, but that was my opinion. Maybe you guys have experience/flavor information that cause you to believe names could b associated with powers, whatever, I have none. So, I will stop pushing for a mass claim because we don't have unanimity.
WhoMe? wrote:the reason I seem wishy washy is that I am ambivalent as to whether a mass claim would be pro-town or anti-town. It all depends on information I don't have. Do the scum have safe claims? Would we be successful in getting them to claim first? Do the roles we have fit any sort of pattern etc etc. The point I had against Capricious, was him laying out all the reasons it was a bad thing for town, and then promoting it.
All I layed out was that we had a slim chance of something going good for us, while the scum appeared to me, at least to have an even slimmer chance to get something good in return. That was why I supported mass claim.
I'm very bothered by the fact that mass claiming is all we've heard about from Capricious this game. I'm not at all tempted to remove my vote from him.

Capricious, maybe you could drop the subject of mass claiming for a minute and tell me if you have any suspicions so far of people being scum? See if you can convince me to switch my vote to someone else.
I am supposed to convince you to switch your vote? What does that even mean? That I should act in a manner to appear pro-town and righteous as you see fit? No, I should act in whatever manner I want that I deem right.
I already stopped pushing for mass claim, partly because Khelvaster brought up the only reasonable point against it: that some of the town might not have names.

Now: scumhunting

I was trying to scumhunt by getting us to mass claim. I see now how that might be a risky endeavor.

cicero wrote:Sure. Here's the question, actr. Why aren't you asking more questions.

Right now you are just lurking through. Look at your posts - seriously, use the dropdown menus at the bottom of the page and look at them all - and compare them to my posts. What do you see?

So why don't you write a good long post. Somewhere between 100 and 1000 words outlining what you think of the game so far, and telling us your suspicions.
Cicero's point was alright: that he was trying to get actr to contribute more. His delivery though, appears to be trying to give a newbie the impression that post length= pro-townness. It's not hard to see how the newbie might be swayed that way.
cicero wrote: Why would riktus soft-claim superman in his very first post? Unvote. Vote Riktus

Try to look townie much, evildoer?
subtle attempt to fish

Other good candidates for scum: take your pick of people on my wagon. Scum like reasonable wagons where they won't appear suspicious, and my wagon fits because I was arguing for mass claim: a play that is traditionally viewed as bad. Therefore, scum feels they can look justified to wagon me.

Good candidates for town: Riktus, his post restriction feels genuine, I already have a good idea of who he is, and would be surprised if he is not revealed as that character. This is also why we need a replacement for Riktus: to test his post restriction.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #17) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:11 am

Post by Capricious »

WhoMe? wrote:
Mirth wrote:Simulpost. Darn
WhoMe? wrote:Some of the town might not have names? Are you kidding me. Who in the justice league doesn't have a name? We all have names, even the scum I expect - tho their names will be Lex Leuthor etc etc
WhoMe, why did you just claim a named role? You don't know for a fact if the rest of us have names, and if we're smart about it, none of us are going to tell you.
Yep, I did. This is because of what I believe about the game, though when I go back to read the initial post there is no confirmation of my belief, so my bad maybe. My belief is that we ALL have names. Good guys have justice league names, bad guys have bad guy names. I wouldn't be surprised if every good guy has a power relating to their name. Don't know if the same would apply for scum.
This was my belief as well, and I, in my calculation of whether mass claim was beneficial, I left out the probability that some of the town might not be justice league members. That was the only detriment I saw.

Now, I see something else that has not been mentioned, and I've already dropped the mass claim issue.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #18) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:37 am

Post by Capricious »

No, none of the points made against mass claiming in the thread are valid.

However, as I explained, I saw another reason against mass claiming. I hope Khelvaster can see this as well, as it will be disadvantageous to explain this reason.

However, Khel is not scummy for pushing mass claim.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (isolation #19) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:50 am

Post by Capricious »

What I saw was that the very fact we had people standing up against mass claim is the reason that it was bad. Had we been more bold, we could've claimed and scum wouldn't be any wiser. But because people are protective of their names, it would stand to reason that they feel their name corresponds to a common role, though in practicality, scum would still have a hard time deducing their role.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (isolation #20) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:53 am

Post by Capricious »

Thesp: I don't find Whome? as the best candidate for scum at the moment. Mirth is a better one, but she is still neither a good fit for scum.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #21) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:56 am

Post by Capricious »

ZONEACE wrote:unless there is some sort of drastic revelation my vote won't be changing. I am more than convinced capricious is not of the pro-town variety.
Your conviction is false.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (isolation #22) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:37 pm

Post by Capricious »

roffman wrote:Just wondering what is it that has so enchanted Capricious and Khelvaster to mass claims?? And how can people be so sure there are no vanilla's in the game? ATM, i am more than happy with a Capricious or Khelvaster lynch, and i will hammer given the chance considering the proximity to deadline. So for now,
unvote vote: Khelvaster
This guy is the best candidate for scum. His platform compels me.
Unvote, vote roffman.

This is a game to find scum, not to debate, and we can't base our suspicions on whether we agree with one another or not. roffman is just slipping by by siding with the majority on the issue.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (isolation #23) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:51 am

Post by Capricious »

The bottom line is, mass claim isn't going to happen today, so none of you have to worry about it. Me and Khel were speaking our minds, you don't have to agree, you just have to find scum.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #24) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:28 am

Post by Capricious »

Mirth wrote:EBWOP: almost missed Thesp's question there.

Thesp, the Justice League has a lot of members. Scum can just claim some random obscure member or someone not yet mentioned. What town learns from a nameclaim is names of characters, some of which might not be trust worthy. (We don't know how the mod assigned scum roles, whether they're villians or heroes randomly assigned as scum, whether they have safe claims, etc.) Scum learns the same thing, but they also get a head start on the role hunting. To use a nonjustice league example because i really rather not speculate about roles in this game: Suppose we're in a fantasy theme game, everyone has a role. Lets assume townies claim some of the following: elf, ranger, high priest, archer, farmer, etc. Even if the correlation is not one to one, it is more probable that the elf would be the doctor based on the innateness of the character name. And even if the elf is not the doctor, he is probably much more likely to be a power role than the farmer. While we can argue back and forth that character name does not necessarily give away power role, its still too much of a starting point. The scum already have a heads up on town in that they know who is on their side. Why should we do anything that might add to their already existent advantage?
This is not the situation at hand, the situation is that all of us are superheroes based on the flavor, some might be vanilla, some might be power. No character should be given more weight as opposed to the elf-farmer.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (isolation #25) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:32 am

Post by Capricious »

roffman is one

after that, there is a quantum decrease in scummitude. I would be scared if you, Thesp, were scum.

and of course, Khelvaster and ooba are most pro-town to me.

Zoneace could be seen as town for his "village idiot" play.

I can also say Mirth and Whome are town for championing that mass claim is bad.

pick your own out of the 6 that remain.

Mod Edit: Compiled Multi-Post. I would suggest not doing that again.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (isolation #26) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:59 am

Post by Capricious »

think of them as books.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (isolation #27) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:28 am

Post by Capricious »

If I were scum I would not go after superman over aquaman. I would be quite clueless about what to do. Mods are intelligent, they always like to throw twists in.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (isolation #28) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:28 am

Post by Capricious »

why roffman is scum? he lurks for a huge while, then slides in with majority and slaps a vote down.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (isolation #29) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by Capricious »

There doesn't have to be a bulletproof town or any sort of role for mass claim to work. We could be all vanillas, all power, or anything in between and mass claim could still be viable.

Why, if I were scum, would I kill the conventionally more powerful heroes? You can't apply character strength to strength of role in mafia. In your example, I would say it's 50-50 that superman has a more powerful role than aquaman, if he has a role at all. Read any of the past themed games here on mafiascum, and try to guess who has a power/ has a better power solely based on their names.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #30) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:24 pm

Post by Capricious »

You will find that this is possible in some games, but not in others. this doesn't appear to one of the possible ones.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (isolation #31) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:40 am

Post by Capricious »

This is just a debate for lack of anything better to do right now. I believe the debate has been very helpful in that I've already crossed off a list of likely town. I have already said that mass claim is not happening anyway no matter how much we speak. Scum are using this schism to their advantage e.g.
Sierra wrote:How did we get from
Capricious wrote:
I've already dropped the mass claim issue.

to
Capricious wrote:
There doesn't have to be a bulletproof town or any sort of role for mass claim to work. We could be all vanillas, all power, or anything in between and mass claim could still be viable.

again?

I unvoted Cap earlier because he finally dropped the massclaim discussion only to find him pushing it again a few pages later. That won't do.

Unvote Khelvaster - still think he's scummy though.
Vote Capricious
If he were truly town and believed both of us were scum, he would not be flip flopping like this, lynching either scum would be good in a town's mind. He is just, again, siding with the majority opinion to get a easy lynch

Top two for scum: roffman, Sierra, probably cicero as a #3.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (isolation #32) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:43 am

Post by Capricious »

WhoMe? wrote:
Capricious wrote:If I were scum I would not go after superman over aquaman. I would be quite clueless about what to do. Mods are intelligent, they always like to throw twists in.
Very happy with my vote. This is just disingenuous, I accept that the game dosn't have to parallel the comic books exactly, but in this situation you would off superman in a trice, and to claim you wouldn't just makes me think you are reaching for excuses to continue your mass claim quest.
How can you know this to be disingenuous? Even if you believe that superman has a power role over aquaman, who is vanilla. You have to factor in protection powers.

mass claim quest- I have long ago given up hope to mass claim, it's not a quest, just a debate.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (isolation #33) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:21 am

Post by Capricious »

Singing Librarian wrote:Hello all,

I have replaced in, due to an unhealthy fondness for the DC Comics universe of characters. I have been half following this thread, and have to say that calling for a mass claim (name or otherwise) this early is blooming stupid - it's not as though the JLA doesn't have a million shape-shifting enemies and the like with potential scum safeclaims, and do we really want to out potential healing and investigative roles this early? No, we do not.

I will do a full read by the end of the day, trying to avoid that debate and get to the important job of scum-hunting. I know there's a deadline!
I would like you to answer why, in your position, you have denounced mass claiming, while cicero brought up the question himself. You two have the same roles.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #34) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:01 am

Post by Capricious »

purely from an outsider's view, Khelvaster should look more pro-town than me. He advocated for mass claim after I came under fire for doing so.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (isolation #35) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:26 am

Post by Capricious »

plagiarism of myself wrote:On WIFOM: the game of mafia, when reduced and dissected into its finest elements, is WIFOM and probability. Nothing is 100% sure, a cop may be insane, a doc may be a quack, a vig may be firing blanks, and of course, scum do bus. Now, some events are more logical and more likely to happen than other events. This is your role as a mafia player, to deduce the likeliest and most logical outcome. Calling out an argument as WIFOM is counterproductive.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (isolation #36) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:07 am

Post by Capricious »

Sierra wrote:
Capricious wrote:This is just a debate for lack of anything better to do right now. I believe the debate has been very helpful in that I've already crossed off a list of likely town. I have already said that mass claim is not happening anyway no matter how much we speak. Scum are using this schism to their advantage e.g.
Sierra wrote:How did we get from
Capricious wrote:
I've already dropped the mass claim issue.

to
Capricious wrote:

again?

I unvoted Cap earlier because he finally dropped the massclaim discussion only to find him pushing it again a few pages later. That won't do.

Unvote Khelvaster - still think he's scummy though.
Vote Capricious
If he were truly town and believed both of us were scum, he would not be flip flopping like this, lynching either scum would be good in a town's mind. He is just, again, siding with the majority opinion to get a easy lynch

Top two for scum: roffman, Sierra, probably cicero as a #3.
When I suspect two people of being scum, I will place my vote on the one I am most suspicious of. When the other starts acting even more scummy, I will change my vote to him. I see nothing wrong with me flip flopping my vote like this, as you called it. You make it sound like I think you are both scum, but in fact I agree with the general consensus that only one of you is scum. Therefore, your argument about a townie wanting to lynch either scum is void.

Talking about me agreeing with the general consensus and your arguments being void: where do you get the idea from that I've been siding with the majority this game? When I voted Khelvaster, I was the first to do so. I think I've always given proper explanations in my posts. If anything, I like to think the majority has been siding with me. :mrgreen:

I also don't like your scum top 3. Roffman, I can understand. I don't like seeing myself on a list like that ofcourse, but I can see why you would want to put me there after I voted you. Cicero didn't strike me as scum at all: he sparked a lot of discussion which - although the massclaim argument was tiring - I think has helped in the end.
As I said, there is a quantum decrease in scummitude after numero uno.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (isolation #37) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:38 pm

Post by Capricious »

Does the mod's willingness to kill actr imply that actr is town?
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (isolation #38) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:14 am

Post by Capricious »

I think it's very likely that Zoneace is not dead, and will be back sometime in the future. His role is a hiding townie, and being the Atom, it makes sense for him to be able to shrink himself, and hide for a day or more, losing the ability to post while preserving his immunity.

The death by choking seems to not be the handiwork of any justice league superhero.

The death by beating might be a vig kill.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (isolation #39) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:21 am

Post by Capricious »

Singing Librarian wrote:It seems increasingly likely that Khelvaster is indeed one of the scum, but in the interests of allowing him time to claim should he wish to, I won't add my vote to the pile, in case someone jumps in and hammers.

It seems like Capricious has been keeping very quiet as well - keeping his head under the parapet?
I was keeping quiet because I couldn't find words to express the frustration at people bandwagoning Khelvaster and lynching him, when he was obviously town, and when I had already expressed why he was obvious town.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (isolation #40) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:24 am

Post by Capricious »

It should be obvious now that mass name claiming was the correct play.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (isolation #41) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:06 pm

Post by Capricious »

Read up, Khel was a rolename cop, and his name of Phantom Stranger doesn't fit with his role. Roffman was a vanilla, and his name of Green Arrow wouldve led the scum to believe he was a vig. If we had actually mass claimed, Whome? wouldnt have been the target of choice for scum.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (isolation #42) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by Capricious »

To your comment on choking, well, almost any superhero (save Aquaman) is probably strong enough to strangle...so it doesn't really tell us anything, but I woulg agree that WhoMe is not a vig kill because a vig wouldn't target a claimed powerrole.
Choking is a dishonorable way of killing, so I'm assuming that that was the scum kill.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (isolation #43) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:30 am

Post by Capricious »

Mirth wrote: You can't say that. What if we have Batman around? Batman would be a *much* more likely vig than Green Arrow.
Zoneace wrote: The last time i was in a justice league game i was batman and I was an Inventor, NOT THAT UNEXPECTED
And is there even one instance in comics/movies which a superhero chokes a bad guy to death?
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (isolation #44) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:44 am

Post by Capricious »

Hi, haven't been online in a while.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (isolation #45) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:13 pm

Post by Capricious »

As Singing Librarian has noted, I was not lurking, but haven't been active on the site.

Looking back over the meager posts accumulated during this span, they follow the same pattern as before, Singing Librarian and Sierra still want to lynch me. Thesp defends my play as town with good logic and reason. However, such defenses fall on deaf ears. History repeats, and we can relate this to the foul day one lynch.
Mirth wrote:Activity shouldn't really matter, unless its really really bad lurking. Like 2 posts per game or something. Prod him but I'm more concerned about his uselessness when he does post.
What is usefulness? helping in lynching a player who was clearly town after a sweep of the great magnifying glass called logic? I have been useful, I had named a top three players I found scummy, and also have given a list of people I figured as town (Khelvaster, ZoneFace, Whome? Mirth, ooba) I have continued to support mass claiming because people are trying to discredit me by painting me as unreasonable, boorish, and scummy in advocating for mass claiming, even after the results of day one have revealed to the good for claim. I am afraid of being labeled as such.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (isolation #46) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by Capricious »

Might we be in LYLO? the idea deserves attention, particularly because Singing Librarian and Sierra were glued to lynching me, and if these two were both town, assuming the norm of three scum in a 12 player mini, scum couldve quicklynched.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (isolation #47) » Sun May 04, 2008 7:14 am

Post by Capricious »

wat
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (isolation #48) » Mon May 05, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by Capricious »

I will not vote for Mirth.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (isolation #49) » Tue May 06, 2008 3:05 pm

Post by Capricious »

I find Mirth's claim highly believable and compelling, partly because I've seen her play as town throughout the entire game, but also because my flavor fits spot on as to why she couldn't mind read me. Mirth might well be 100% effective.

Do you believe that we will have enough time left for you to be able to use your shapeshift? What if you hit scum with shapeshift, what happens then?
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (isolation #50) » Tue May 06, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by Capricious »

Sethaniel wrote:
removing players from the game by sending them on a mission.
Hey, that reminded me, I read a game in which an SK's kill method was sending the vic out of town on a mission.

unvote

I did what I did to try and spark a little discussion. I've been having a really hard time getting any kind of read on most of the players in this game. I figured casting a vote might start some debate. I chose ooba because I really am confused by his post restriction, and because I thought, with an analysis that long, he should have picked a horse. I knew these were fairly weak reasons, but since my vote would be the only one, it seemed like a safe way to start discussion without risking a mislynch.

That said,
vote Mirth

First Mirth asks me why I didn't vote for ooba sooner, if I suspected him. Then she asks me to explain the "hastiness" of my vote.

That seems a little hypocritical. Also, considering that Mirth hadn't expressed any suspicion of me prior to her vote-- when I had previously mentioned my confusion over ooba's post restriction and my concern about his listing several suspects without really FoSing any of them-- her vote seems to be the hasty one.

When she switches her vote, she explains it as she'd rather "hear what ooba has to say than get rid of him." My vote was the only vote on ooba at the time, with the deadline nearly two weeks away. Ooba was in no danger of being "gotten rid of." Her explanation is the kind of thing you say when you take your vote off a person because you don't want them at L-2 or L-1.
Vote:Sethaniel
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (isolation #51) » Tue May 06, 2008 4:49 pm

Post by Capricious »

This again brings up the issue of LYLO, for if we were at LYLO (3 scum) and Mirth is town, then we can clear me, Singing Librarian, and Sierra, and of course, reduce the scum to 3 among the four voting for Mirth.

With the fact that there have been 3 power roles revealed so far, and Mirth claiming a fourth, I find it unlikely that the scum would be any weaker than a 3 member team.

(e.g., 2 teams of 2 scum, 2 scum and 1 SK, both set-ups seem unbalanced with the power among the town.)
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (isolation #52) » Tue May 06, 2008 4:57 pm

Post by Capricious »

Epiphany: because Singing Librarian and Sierra were voting me, the supposed 3 scum among the four voting for Mirth could've quicklynched me.

Therefore, we are either not at LYLO.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (isolation #53) » Tue May 06, 2008 4:58 pm

Post by Capricious »

Claim: Gypsy.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (isolation #54) » Thu May 08, 2008 3:36 am

Post by Capricious »

Haschel Cedricson wrote:
Capricious wrote:I find Mirth's claim highly believable and compelling, partly because I've seen her play as town throughout the entire game, but also because my flavor fits spot on as to why she couldn't mind read me. Mirth might well be 100% effective.
Are you saying that you couldn't be read because of your flavor or because of your role?
It would be prudent to not disclose any possibilities of my role into the open.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (isolation #55) » Thu May 08, 2008 11:52 am

Post by Capricious »

If there are 3 scum who are in a scum group in this game, then we are at LYLO. So if 2 townies are on a wagon of another town at any time, scum can hop on and win.

Right now, I know Mirth to be town, and she was at L -1. If we are to believe we are at LYLO, then it must be that the 3 scum were all on Mirth's wagon. Hence, Sierra and Singing Librarian are town. However, we reach a contradiction as I would've been quicklynched because 2 townies (Sierra, Singing Librarian) were on my wagon.

Therefore, we are not at LYLO

And all the previous speculation about alignment in this very post are moot.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (isolation #56) » Thu May 08, 2008 11:54 am

Post by Capricious »

I claimed to establish that Mirth is town. Because of my telepathic powers and/or because of my relationship to Martian Manhunter, I am unable to be mind read by Mirth. It would be a pure stroke of luck for Mirth to guess this and pretend she had mind reading powers, and that they failed on me. Coupled with her play, I am certain Mirth is town.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (isolation #57) » Thu May 08, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by Capricious »

How would me acknowledging or refuting that statement help the town in any way? Your question is a not-so-subtle version of "Are you a hider?"
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (isolation #58) » Thu May 08, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by Capricious »

Yes, I am using flavor to clear Mirth.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (isolation #59) » Fri May 09, 2008 11:39 am

Post by Capricious »

Mirth wrote:I don't like how how Capricious is positive that Sierra and SL are town or his estimations of scum automatically quick lynching.

Since I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon, none of you are even looking at Thesp or Haschel as potential suspects, I think Sierra is town, and I can't make a call on Capricious, I'm going to

unvote:Thesp

since this vote is useless.

Mod:
can I place a conditional if-then vote?
This post is wrong in every possible way, and useless.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (isolation #60) » Fri May 09, 2008 11:44 am

Post by Capricious »

ooba wrote:Just to be clear , your role flavor specifically mentions the "Martian manhunter"? And that you're immune to being mind read by him?
Yes and no, there is no specific mention of the Martian Manhunter, but still, it seems to elaborate for Mirth to guess that mind reading, specifically will fail.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (isolation #61) » Sat May 10, 2008 5:58 am

Post by Capricious »

I called your last post useless because you wrote that I believe Sierra and Singing Librarian are town. Those are assumptions, only used to prove that we are not in LYLO. That was

I still want to know what will happen if you hit scum with shapeshift when you get back.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (isolation #62) » Sat May 10, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by Capricious »

Id really prefer lynching Sethaniel over Sierra, as he was on the wagon with more people and joined late.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (isolation #63) » Sat May 10, 2008 8:12 pm

Post by Capricious »

The wait and see game may not work.
But there are obviously those with you who will do whatever it takes to get out of here by themselves. So you better hurry.

ZONEACE - The Atom [Hiding Townie] - Gone N1
Perhaps ZONEACE has fulfilled his win condition?
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (isolation #64) » Thu May 15, 2008 11:26 am

Post by Capricious »

I am seriously considering that there are no "scum" at all.

Mod: Do we know how ooba died?
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (isolation #65) » Thu May 15, 2008 1:04 pm

Post by Capricious »

Sierra wrote:I'm guessing there are two killing factions (a killing faction being a mafia or a SK) and the "Gone to serve justice" note is a method of 'killing' by one of the factions.
3 "deaths" on night one
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (isolation #66) » Fri May 16, 2008 8:01 pm

Post by Capricious »

Haschel, I want to know why you believe I am pro-town just because I am using flavor instead of tole to clear Mirth.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (isolation #67) » Sat May 17, 2008 5:28 am

Post by Capricious »

Mod: Do we know how ooba died?
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (isolation #68) » Wed May 21, 2008 2:31 pm

Post by Capricious »

Funny Thesp, 3 man mafia and an SK with 6 players remaining. Far-fetched from the logical town bloodhound Thesp.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (isolation #69) » Wed May 28, 2008 6:36 am

Post by Capricious »

Im Gypsy and a doc/protector (i.e., I use my powers of illusion to hide a player for the night.)

N1: Protect Thesp
N2: Protect Mirth
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (isolation #70) » Wed May 28, 2008 6:41 am

Post by Capricious »

Mirth wrote:
Sierra wrote: Only at the 3rd post you started claiming you thought SL was the SK. Why only then?
Because Thesp is mafia scum and he realized that SL was SK scum too late and made up a horrible fake claim to try and get rid of the one preventing him and his scumbuddies (i.e. Capricious and Haschel) from winning?
Let's do some high level math. Normally, mafia wins when they number 50% of the players alive, because when this occurs, they can always prevent lynches of mafia. Now, we are considering 3 team mafias. 3/6 alive is 50%. Do you see where I'm going with this? Same goes for Thesp's highly illogical 3 scum and 1 SK theory earlier.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (isolation #71) » Wed May 28, 2008 6:49 am

Post by Capricious »

2 town 3 mafia 1SK

the day's lynch will be either town or SK, because mafia sure as hell won't be lynched.

so now either: 2 town, 3 mafia (mafia wins! shock!)

1 town, 3 mafia, 1 SK

If we are going to go by the ridiculous notion that the mafia group doesn't win when they number 60% of the players alive:

Night: mafia targets town/SK
assume best circumstance, that SK is NK invincible and that SK kills mafia. You have:

1 town, 2 mafia, 1 SK left.

with again, the same scenario, mafia numbering 50% of players alive, ensuring they will never be lynched.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (isolation #72) » Wed May 28, 2008 6:54 am

Post by Capricious »

Singing Librarian wrote:Me first? OK.

I'm L-Ron, who is a small robot who worked with/for the Justice League for a while during the 1980s/1990s. Immune to night kills (presumably due to being made of metal), but otherwise a normal townie.
Hi, friendly neighborhood SK, you are given a reprieve today because if we lynch you, we will lose. ( This is why Thesp knows SL is SK while stating that he must not die.)
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (isolation #73) » Wed May 28, 2008 9:51 am

Post by Capricious »

I admit it seems unbalanced, and had we not been in this situation, I would also be thinking 3 mafia and 1 SK. Try and find me a game where the mafia group did not win when they numbered at least 50%. It does
not
work.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (isolation #74) » Wed May 28, 2008 11:30 am

Post by Capricious »

Haschel Cedricson wrote:As for Capricious: I've had you pegged as a vanilla townie for most of the game. During the massclaim discussion, you stated
Quote:
Maybe you guys have experience/flavor information that cause you to believe names could b associated with powers, whatever, I have none.
In preparation for the mass name claim that was to happen, I felt that once I had claimed Gypsy, scum would take me for a hider and ignore me in their killing schemes.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (isolation #75) » Wed May 28, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by Capricious »

Very enlightening, Haschel. I would like clarification on why the manhunter android's kill method is obviously "gone to fight justice", and whether or not the manhunters are also the mafia scum group.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (isolation #76) » Wed May 28, 2008 5:24 pm

Post by Capricious »

Ah yes, I am scum with Haschel and Thesp, and I will get lynched because my scum buddies will betray me and lose the game. Facsinating.

This is what you really want, no? You want to see:

Capricious (town) - Mirth (mafia), Singing Librarian (SK), Sierra (town), Thesp (Mafia)

I attribute Mirth's claim to an extraordinary stroke of coincidence.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (isolation #77) » Wed May 28, 2008 5:25 pm

Post by Capricious »

SK, bear in mind that if a town gets lynched today, you will lose as well, you have no choice but to help us lynch mafia scum.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (isolation #78) » Wed May 28, 2008 5:28 pm

Post by Capricious »

So, Haschel and Sierra: Thesp or Mirth?
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (isolation #79) » Thu May 29, 2008 8:00 am

Post by Capricious »

Capricious wrote:
Haschel Cedricson wrote:
As for Capricious: I've had you pegged as a vanilla townie for most of the game. During the massclaim discussion, you stated
Quote:
Maybe you guys have experience/flavor information that cause you to believe names could b associated with powers, whatever, I have none.

In preparation for the mass name claim that was to happen, I felt that once I had claimed Gypsy, scum would take me for a hider and ignore me in their killing schemes.

In your explanation you say you wanted scum to link your name with your power, but the earlier post by you clearly states you couldn't link your name with your power.
Yes, I told the truth that I felt scum couldn't link my name with my power, and I also told the truth that I felt could pass off as a hider to scum.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (isolation #80) » Thu May 29, 2008 8:04 am

Post by Capricious »

[quote= "Singing Librarian"]Capricious wrote:

Hi, friendly neighborhood SK, you are given a reprieve today because if we lynch you, we will lose. ( This is why Thesp knows SL is SK while stating that he must not die.)

This actually tips my opinion in favour of Thesp being town. If he was mafia and believed I was the SK, wouldn't he push for my lynch? Like HC did at the beginning of the day until called on it. [/quote]

No, Thesp is not stupid enough to do something so obvious like that. How bad would it look when he claims SK finder while all along pressing to lynch the SK in a situation when it's "Lynch mafia scum or lose"?
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (isolation #81) » Thu May 29, 2008 8:06 am

Post by Capricious »

Mod: Please inform us as to whether or not you can reveal how ooba died, thx.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (isolation #82) » Thu May 29, 2008 8:17 am

Post by Capricious »

Mirth wrote:
Thesp wrote: Also, anyone believing Sierra due to lack of counterclaim is absurd. Seriously. Believe him for other reasons if you will, but believing him simply because no one else claimed vig (when it's a popular strategy to claim vig when you really do kill people) is terrible play.
Then tell us, oh wise mistress of Delphi, who killed Roffman.
Look, occluded non mafia good-folk. Isn't it odd for a town member to not even bother to look up the name of a claimed name, and associate it with the oracle of Delphi, when it has absolutely no connection whatsoever to the latter? Add to that the playful and mischievous tone, as if between two in the know, and you've got mafia scum.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (isolation #83) » Thu May 29, 2008 10:35 am

Post by Capricious »

Mirth wrote: I know Oracle is the former Batgirl, now holding court in a wheelchair and mentoring orphans. Sadly dripping sarcasm fails to transmit via the interwebs.
As it were, we don't know whether you knew this beforehand or that you scurried and looked it up, admonishing your own stupidity. After all, 19 minutes is ample time to look up something on the "interwebs", no?

But, the still more interesting fact is that you claimed to have shapeshifted yourself and got no result. Does it make sense for the Martian Manhunter to "shift" his shape to mirror himself? Which of the abilities would you receive after shapeshifting yourself? You know what this is? It's a lame-ass excuse to not be accountable for night actions. See, had you allegedly shapeshifted any other player, you would be at a loss to explain why the supposed role you received differed from the role of person you shapeshifted. If you are town, via this, you could've proved yourself confirmed town. Why pass up an opportunity to confirm yourself? We all know the answer to this one.

Vote: Mirth
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (isolation #84) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:34 pm

Post by Capricious »

I knew we had lost the game already if there were 3 scum so I didn't consider that. Haschel, Don't you think your chances were better if you came out and claimed RR #7 to work with the vig?
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (isolation #85) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:59 pm

Post by Capricious »

Well, we've all missed things here.

The climax of this game was the dumbass lynch of Khelvaster, a real town-driven wagon. The rest was a breezy wrap up of loose ends for scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”