Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:41 am

Post by Sierra »

Capricious wrote:
Vote: cicero

for being scum bussing zoneface, also, there are no heroes in togas or pants.
You wouldn't know if you "have never read comics of any sort", now would you?
SCUM!

Vote Capricious.
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:22 pm

Post by Sierra »

Mirth wrote:
Capricious wrote:
Mirth wrote:
Capricious wrote:I don't think his poem meant anything, and if it did, I'd rather not have him explain.
Why?
Think.
I have thought. I want him to explain why he made a spectacle of himself.
If Riktus was breadcrumbing/softclaiming, isn't the entire point of it kinda lost when he has to explain himself?

I don't recognize his speech as typical for one the justice league characters. If asking him to explain himself would mean he has to reveal his role, then I oppose that. It's not a good idea to have someone roleclaim this early in the game. If Riktus can explain his speech without unveiling his role, that's fine with me.
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #2) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:43 am

Post by Sierra »

Capricious wrote:
Mirth wrote:So you're saying you have a post restriction. (This was my theory that I didn't want to say it and give anyone any ideas). And your post restriction is what then? Outting yourself?
quit hunting
Capricious, please define what you mean by "hunting" and why Mirth should quit it. I see no harm in riktus exposing what his post restriction is exactly.
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #3) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:08 am

Post by Sierra »

Capricious wrote:Riktus has a post restriction, yes.

If he's town, it's obviously advantageous for him to not explain and out his role.

If he's scum, surely it is better to lie waiting for him to get more posts in so when he does reveal his post restriction, we have more to check it with.
I see your point. I suggest we leave it up to riktus himself to draw the line as to how much he reveals, instead of forcing him to explain everything.
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #4) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:51 pm

Post by Sierra »

LOL @ drunk posting :lol:

They say drunk people speak the truth, but I disagree with Haschel here. There is no guarantee that certain roles "SUCH AS BATMNAN" are in this game, because they could have been used as safe claims for the mafia.

My thoughts on the massclaim issue: we shouldn't massclaim yet. If we're going to, a mass flavorclaim would be better than a mass roleclaim, because really the only reason to do it would be to catch scum claiming a name belonging to another player. Including the role in that claim would only make it easier for the mafia who manage to bluff their way through to the next night.

Anyway, we should hold off the massclaim until we've caught one of the mafia claiming a name given to one of the town players, so we'll know for sure that they haven't been given safe claims.
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #5) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:48 am

Post by Sierra »

Capricious wrote:
cicero wrote:Capricious, lets say there was a justice league cop, who did investigations, let's call him, saaaaay, a detective. Maybe even the world's greatest detective. What would that detective/cop's name be?
Zonace wrote:The last time i was in a justice league game i was batman and I was an Inventor, NOT THAT UNEXPECTED.
Lookee here, two people who are arguing against mass claiming had two different opinions about Batman's role. This is not convincing me at all. Who is to say Batman couldn't be a Vig, a mason, or just plain vanilla? The mod can twist the flavor however he wishes. I did not believe any power roles would be discovered through mass claiming, but that was my opinion. Maybe you guys have experience/flavor information that cause you to believe names could b associated with powers, whatever, I have none. So, I will stop pushing for a mass claim because we don't have unanimity.
WhoMe? wrote:the reason I seem wishy washy is that I am ambivalent as to whether a mass claim would be pro-town or anti-town. It all depends on information I don't have. Do the scum have safe claims? Would we be successful in getting them to claim first? Do the roles we have fit any sort of pattern etc etc. The point I had against Capricious, was him laying out all the reasons it was a bad thing for town, and then promoting it.
All I layed out was that we had a slim chance of something going good for us, while the scum appeared to me, at least to have an even slimmer chance to get something good in return. That was why I supported mass claim.
I'm very bothered by the fact that mass claiming is all we've heard about from Capricious this game. I'm not at all tempted to remove my vote from him.

Capricious, maybe you could drop the subject of mass claiming for a minute and tell me if you have any suspicions so far of people being scum? See if you can convince me to switch my vote to someone else.
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (isolation #6) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:44 am

Post by Sierra »

I'm getting the feeling this game is being played by 6 people while the other 6 are sitting on the sideline watching how it unfolds. I realize to my regret that I'm one of the people on the sideline. Sorry about that, I'll try my best to post more often. Other people I think should post more often are actr, Haschel (after his Dead Week is over), Khelvaster and roffman (and obaa of course).

Capricious is no longer my main suspect. He's appears to be contributing plenty, and now that he's dropped the mass-claim discussion he will hopefully be more helpful in scumhunting. Khelvaster on the other hand has - after showing up 10 days into the game - only brought up the mass-claiming discussion again, when IMO we had already settled it was not a good idea. He has yet to provide us with any of his thoughts on who might be scum.

Unvote Capricious, vote Khelvaster

By the way, is roffman even still playing? His last post is all the way back on page 4.
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (isolation #7) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:51 am

Post by Sierra »

ooba wrote:
Sierra :
I see you voted for khel in your last post. "He has yet to provide us with any of his thoughts on who might be scum." - Before that post, you didn't give any insights into who you thought were scum too
I was suspicious of Capricious at first, because of him pushing the massclaim. I may not have worded it explicitely until somewhere on page 8, but I was voting him before that.

Khelvaster wrote:I am of the firm opinion that a mass nameclaim is a good idea in most themed games. As a result, I consider everyone who didn't want a mass nameclaim anti-town.
Khelvaster wrote:And this, if you didn't get it, means that my opinion over the last bunch of pages is fairly void. I can't very well suspect half the town.
So is that your excuse not to suspect anyone at all? Surely you can find something to go on in the last 10 pages. I don't think you're really trying.

Thesp, I read back to look why you are so focused on seeing WhoMe? lynched and all I could find is that you find him wishy-washy on massclaiming and hypocritical in accusing Capricious of doing the same (post #147). These aren't really strong scum-tells in my opinion. Is there something I'm missing or is that really all you're going on?

I've never been in a game where there was a soft-claim on day 1 before. I understand why it's a bad thing, but I'm not sure forcing a full claim out of WhoMe? would be the best solution. I would have no objections to letting it slide. It might leave the town in doubt about him, but it would also leave the scum with some uncertainty when it comes to selecting their nightkill. I'd like to hear more people respond to this though.
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (isolation #8) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:22 pm

Post by Sierra »

How did we get from
Capricious wrote:I've already dropped the mass claim issue.
to
Capricious wrote:There doesn't have to be a bulletproof town or any sort of role for mass claim to work. We could be all vanillas, all power, or anything in between and mass claim could still be viable.
again?

I unvoted Cap earlier because he finally dropped the massclaim discussion only to find him pushing it again a few pages later. That won't do.

Unvote Khelvaster - still think he's scummy though.
Vote Capricious
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (isolation #9) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:48 pm

Post by Sierra »

Capricious wrote:This is just a debate for lack of anything better to do right now. I believe the debate has been very helpful in that I've already crossed off a list of likely town. I have already said that mass claim is not happening anyway no matter how much we speak. Scum are using this schism to their advantage e.g.
Sierra wrote:How did we get from
Capricious wrote:
I've already dropped the mass claim issue.

to
Capricious wrote:
There doesn't have to be a bulletproof town or any sort of role for mass claim to work. We could be all vanillas, all power, or anything in between and mass claim could still be viable.

again?

I unvoted Cap earlier because he finally dropped the massclaim discussion only to find him pushing it again a few pages later. That won't do.

Unvote Khelvaster - still think he's scummy though.
Vote Capricious
If he were truly town and believed both of us were scum, he would not be flip flopping like this, lynching either scum would be good in a town's mind. He is just, again, siding with the majority opinion to get a easy lynch

Top two for scum: roffman, Sierra, probably cicero as a #3.
When I suspect two people of being scum, I will place my vote on the one I am most suspicious of. When the other starts acting even more scummy, I will change my vote to him. I see nothing wrong with me flip flopping my vote like this, as you called it. You make it sound like I think you are both scum, but in fact I agree with the general consensus that only one of you is scum. Therefore, your argument about a townie wanting to lynch either scum is void.

Talking about me agreeing with the general consensus and your arguments being void: where do you get the idea from that I've been siding with the majority this game? When I voted Khelvaster, I was the first to do so. I think I've always given proper explanations in my posts. If anything, I like to think the majority has been siding with me. :mrgreen:

I also don't like your scum top 3. Roffman, I can understand. I don't like seeing myself on a list like that ofcourse, but I can see why you would want to put me there after I voted you. Cicero didn't strike me as scum at all: he sparked a lot of discussion which - although the massclaim argument was tiring - I think has helped in the end.
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (isolation #10) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:17 am

Post by Sierra »

Sorry for not posting the last few days. I'll be online plenty between now and the deadline.

Roffman's vote (thanks for your input! :roll:) put Khel at L-2. The most votes anyone else has is 1 vote, so as it's looking Khelvaster is the lynch for today. I'd like to hear a claim from him, even though I doubt there would be enough time to avoid a lynch with the deadline so close by.
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (isolation #11) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:37 am

Post by Sierra »

Thesp wrote:
Singing Librarian wrote:
Haschel Cedricson wrote:Until then, I'm not sure that ZONACE is coming back, because if he did, he'd be mod-confirmed town.
I agree on mod-confirmed likely-town if and only if dead scum show up in other colors than blue. (I've had a scum that could feign death in a game before.) Either way, I think such speculation is unhelpful until his return (if at all).
ZONEACE's role was called "Hiding Townie", so he was definitely town-aligned. I've never seen a role where someone could phase out of the game like that, though. The way I understand it, he was simply a Hider who hid behind WhoMe or roffman. That would mean he won't be returning to the game.

Can the
mod
confirm whether a Hiding Townie is the same as a Hider, or are we meant to be left guessing on this?

I remember some people saying day 1 that they were pretty sure either Capricious or Khelvaster was probably scum. It turns out Khelvaster wasn't, so that leaves Capricious as the main suspect. Cap's remark about the methods of killing stuck me as odd too, but I agree with the conclusion that the choking was likely the mafia kill and the beating a vig kill.

I'm not sure what to think yet of Thesp voting me (or Mirth calling me one of the least suspicious people here, for that matter).
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (isolation #12) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:17 am

Post by Sierra »

Sethaniel wrote:
Unless we have multiple scum groups
I think that's at least a possibility, given the flavor at the start of the game.
You found a hint to this in the flavor? I read it just now, but I didn't find any indication of there being multiple scum groups. Could you point it out please?
Thesp wrote:I also wanted to see Sierra's reaction before I gave further explanation. I'm uncomfortable with how he seems to be making almost nothing but "safe" comments. He's not pursuing significant suspicions, only making speculations that don't really move the game along much. People who do that usually are looking for credit for posting while not actually putting substance out there - a hallmark of scum.

(As an aside, I could see him as scum with Capricious - but I don't think Capricious is scum. :?)
I resent that. First of all, I believe I was pretty clear on my accusations of Capricious and Khelvaster day 1; I don't see how you could label those as "safe". I'll give you that my last post was somewhat played on the safe side: I fingered Capricious as my main suspect but didn't vote him yet. That's because I wanted to hear if the Khel mislynch had perhaps changed people's opinion on Capricious somehow. Only Mirth responded though ("While Capiricious could very well be scum, previous experience tells me to proceed with some caution here.") and now you by saying you don't think Capricious is scum. I have no problem putting my vote where my mouth is though:
Vote Capricious.

How you could see me as scum with him remains a mystery to me, unless you assume I've been bussing him from the start of the game.
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (isolation #13) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by Sierra »

I keep checking this thread for updates, but it's been kinda slow this week. Doesn't anyone have anything to add? Capricious, Haschel and ooba haven't posted for a while now.
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (isolation #14) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:04 am

Post by Sierra »

Mirth wrote:Sierra: Previous experience tells me to be careful. http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5806 Sometimes townies say very very very stupid things.
I agree that of course we shouldn't be hasty here, but there's nothing wrong with some more pressure on Capricious. He seems to think he's fairly safe now, only popping in to say "Hi, haven't been online in a while." I'd like to hear from Thesp or Haschel why they think Capricious is probably not scum. Or from Cap himself of course.
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (isolation #15) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:28 am

Post by Sierra »

Thesp wrote:
Sierra wrote:I resent that. First of all, I believe I was pretty clear on my accusations of Capricious and Khelvaster day 1; I don't see how you could label those as "safe".
They were the popular opinions of the day. It's easy to roll with the flow.
Sierra wrote:How you could see me as scum with him remains a mystery to me, unless you assume I've been bussing him from the start of the game.
A little of that - your move to Khelvaster felt disingenuous to me. It appeared to me that you were trying to get us to think you wanted a Capricious lynch, while trying subtly to get something other than a Capricious lynch.
You're making almost the same accusations that Cap made day 1; I responded to those already.
Capricious wrote:If he were truly town and believed both of us were scum, he would not be flip flopping like this, lynching either scum would be good in a town's mind. He is just, again, siding with the majority opinion to get a easy lynch
Sierra wrote:When I suspect two people of being scum, I will place my vote on the one I am most suspicious of. When the other starts acting even more scummy, I will change my vote to him. I see nothing wrong with me flip flopping my vote like this, as you called it. You make it sound like I think you are both scum, but in fact I agree with the general consensus that only one of you is scum. Therefore, your argument about a townie wanting to lynch either scum is void.

Talking about me agreeing with the general consensus and your arguments being void: where do you get the idea from that I've been siding with the majority this game? When I voted Khelvaster, I was the first to do so. I think I've always given proper explanations in my posts. If anything, I like to think the majority has been siding with me. :mrgreen:
I'd like to hear some thoughts from Sethaniel, Capricious and ooba on who they think could be scum.
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (isolation #16) » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:40 pm

Post by Sierra »

ooba wrote:One of Sierra or Cap is scum.
I guess I'll have a lot of explaining to do if I'm wrong about Cap then. But his refusal to post today is only making me want to keep my vote on him even more.

Speaking of votes: unless I missed it, you're not voting, ooba. You pointed out 4 possible targets (Mirth, SL, Cap and me), but which of these four do you think we should lynch today?
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (isolation #17) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:53 pm

Post by Sierra »

I think Cap is suspicious, because his persistance in the subject of mass-claiming didn't allow discussion to go anywhere else for a long time. Of course there's the possibility he really believed it would help town. There's also the possibility he's mafia and he really believed it would help scum. At any rate, I imagine he felt that backing out at some point would make him look more scummy that consistently arguing it was good. That's more of a scum way to play than a town way IMO.

PS: I won't be able to get online again until sunday night.
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (isolation #18) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:35 am

Post by Sierra »

Capricious wrote:Hi, haven't been online in a while.
This was his last post, on April 9th. Today is April 27th. His last post before that was another 10 days earlier. An other game of mine finised a couple of days ago, in which the scum godfather was under suspicion but kept lurking through day 2 anyway. I see Cap doing the exact same thing.

Mod
, has Capricious been prodded since his last post?
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (isolation #19) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:50 pm

Post by Sierra »

Capricious wrote:Might we be in LYLO? the idea deserves attention, particularly because Singing Librarian and Sierra were glued to lynching me, and if these two were both town, assuming the norm of three scum in a 12 player mini, scum couldve quicklynched.
With 8 players left, we actually could be at LYLO. Most likely setting would probably be
1) 9 townies - 3 scum
2) 8 townies - 1 SK - 3 scum
3) 10 townies - 2 scum with power roles
4) 8 townies - 2 scum - 2 scum

With 4 townies dead:
1) 5 townies - 3 scum = LYLO
2) 4 townies - 1 SK - 3 scum = LYLO if SK is lynched or scum kills SK and SK kills townie
3) 6 townies - 2 scum with power roles = not LYLO
4) 4 townies - 2 scum - 2 scum = not LYLO (but pretty much screwed for town anyway)

Any other options viable, like 2 scum and a SK maybe?
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (isolation #20) » Mon May 05, 2008 3:18 am

Post by Sierra »

Singing Librarian wrote:It is *Capricious* who seems to wish to discuss the setup and the flavour more than the game, and that is a contributing factor to my vote.
QFT
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (isolation #21) » Mon May 05, 2008 10:15 am

Post by Sierra »

I'm not particularly suspicious of Mirth, but I would say anyone at L-1 at this point of the game should definitely claim.
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (isolation #22) » Tue May 06, 2008 10:47 pm

Post by Sierra »

Capricious wrote:I find Mirth's claim highly believable and compelling, partly because I've seen her play as town throughout the entire game,
but also because my flavor fits spot on as to why she couldn't mind read me
. Mirth might well be 100% effective.

Do you believe that we will have enough time left for you to be able to use your shapeshift? What if you hit scum with shapeshift, what happens then?
I looked up Gypsy on wikipedia, but I don't see how Martian Manhunter would not be able to mind-read her. What's your reasoning there, cap?
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (isolation #23) » Thu May 08, 2008 8:22 pm

Post by Sierra »

Although I'm not completely convinced of Cap's claim, I can see how he's not the best lynch for today so I'll
unvote

I don't think <48 hours is enough time to get a proper lynch. We should ask for an extension of the deadline (it's not like we're not making any progress) or if that's not allowed: vote no-lynch. Any votes on a player this close to the deadline will carry an immense amount of extra pressure, probably resulting in a premature claim with no guarantee that anyone will actually be online again before the deadline to unvote.

mod:
could we get the rulings on extending deadlines?
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (isolation #24) » Sat May 10, 2008 10:27 pm

Post by Sierra »

No response from the mod on the deadline question, so I'm going to
vote no-lynch
too.
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (isolation #25) » Thu May 15, 2008 12:46 pm

Post by Sierra »

I'm guessing there are two killing factions (a killing faction being a mafia or a SK) and the "Gone to serve justice" note is a method of 'killing' by one of the factions.
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (isolation #26) » Thu May 15, 2008 7:22 pm

Post by Sierra »

Capricious wrote:
Sierra wrote:I'm guessing there are two killing factions (a killing faction being a mafia or a SK) and the "Gone to serve justice" note is a method of 'killing' by one of the factions.
3 "deaths" on night one
I'm still going by the theory that ZONEACE chose to hide behind roffman or WhoMe?.
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (isolation #27) » Fri May 16, 2008 2:51 am

Post by Sierra »

Haschel Cedricson wrote:
I'm guessing there are two killing factions (a killing faction being a mafia or a SK) and the "Gone to serve justice" note is a method of 'killing' by one of the factions.
I'm still going by the theory that ZONEACE chose to hide behind roffman or WhoMe?.
So if going to serve justice is a kill method, and ZONEACE died because he was hiding behind another player, why did ZONEACE's target not also go to serve justice?
Crap, you're right. So whoever killed Sethaniel targeted ZONEACE too. It still makes sense that there are two killing faction plus a vigilante, if we assume the roffman kill was a vigilante kill. ZONEACE's role still remains vague though.
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (isolation #28) » Sat May 17, 2008 1:15 am

Post by Sierra »

Mirth wrote:I sent in shapeshift. Im not sure if it worked, because I got no modmessage back...maybe I sent it in wrong because from my pm i was under the impression it was a selftargetting ability...
You explained your shapeshifting ability as "gain the powers of another superhero for the next night". It seems obvious to me that you need to target someone to gain their power. Why didn't you choose to track someone? That ability would seem more useful to me at the time.
Thesp wrote:I'm beginning to think massclaim is in order, no?
Since we're possibly in lylo, I think a massclaim is a good idea.
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (isolation #29) » Tue May 20, 2008 1:15 am

Post by Sierra »

I think it's worth looking at Ooba's day 2 posts to see if he left any clues as to who he investigated night 1. I'm going to shamelessly cut out the important parts, if you're afraid I left something out feel free to reread day 2 yourself and doublecheck.

1)
Does not think there is any relation between the Khel bandwagon and the NK victims (vote count at end of day 1 read: "Khelvaster (4) : Haschel Cedricson, ZONEACE, Mirth, WhoMe?, roffman", NK victims were ZONACE, WhoMe? and roffman). Not really sure if that tells us anything. Then comments on Haschel and Mirth.
ooba wrote:
Sethaniel wrote:Does anyone think there's any significance to the fact that all the NKs were in the group that voted for Khelvaster?
I do not see the significance of this. Out of the dead players , i thought Zoneace was town, WhoMe? after the soft claim - roffman was a neutral at best. I do not think Haschel Cedricson has any evil intentions. Mirth is a hard read.
This could have been an indication that he got a town result on Haschel or that he failed to investigate Mirth (roleblocked maybe?).

2)
Sums up reactions to riktus's original speech. Nothing noteworthy here.

3)
Sums up reactions to the mass-claim idea. Asks Thesp how he guessed Khel had a role-based reason for pushing for a mass-claim and why he thought Mirth wasn't a good fit for scum. Asks Cicero why he didn't vote Mirth after their discussion and why he stated that Khel/Cap might have a role-based reason for pushing the mass-claim. Here his analysis skips to day 2. First thing he says then is that Haschel made a good point about ZONEACE's role. Says he can agree with why Thesp is voting me. Asks Mirth why he thinks I'm the least suspicious person. Agrees with the conclusions of Haschel's vote analysis. Concludes:
ooba wrote:So my thoughts :
This has been a hard game to re-read . I know i've posted some questions to people who've bene replaced - please ignore them.

One of Mirth or SL(Cierco) is scum. I do not know which yet.

Thesp and Haschel are pro town.

One of Sierra or Cap is scum.

Sethaniel hasn't really posted much to get a concrete read.
He added Thesp to his pro-town list, but he also keeps asking his questions, so I don't think he got a town investigation on Thesp. A town investigation on Haschel seems likely. The way he says that either this person or that person is scum suggests that he didn't get a guilty investigation on anyone.

4)
Points to the likely existance of a SK. Responds to Mirth:
ooba wrote:When I do a re-read I try to spot connections based on What players choose to comment on , who they attack and why they attack them for. Based on that , both Haschel and Thesp give me pro town vibes.
I found connections between

Mirth/Capricious – You really never attack Capricious at all Day 1. Comments like “Already making me regret my unvote” are fillers where you want to appear to be attacking another player , but in reality are not.

Mirth/SL (cierco) – You had 2 interchanges between yourselves (one of them nearly taking the entire page) , however – both of you never voted for each other during the entire of Day 1. The “whoever started off with massclaiming on Day 1..cierco?” doesn’t count.

This is why I feel you’re scum with one of SL/Capricious.

Vote : Mirth

Why I think Sierra might be scum – Mostly the non-committal nature of his posts throughout the game. The fact that Mirth calls him “One of the most least suspicious persons here” makes me think mirth is trying to link herself to Sierra – which makes me believe he might be the SK.
This post doesn't tell us much on who ooba investigated, but since my suspicions on Mirth are rising I thought I'd quote this post too.

5)
Thinks ZONEACE is not coming back. Thinks Mirth is mafia and I am SK. No indication of investigation results.

6)
Believes Mirth's claim. Wants Cap to make a full claim and answer why he thought Mirth was town. Gives this as possible set-up:
ooba wrote:Looking at the power levels of the town, i think we could be looking at 1 Mafia GF,1 Mafia Roleblocker,1 Mafia Goon,1 SK.
The fact that he thinks there's a mafia roleblocker could indicate that he was blocked night 1.

7)
Responds to Mirth's questions. Asks Cap about the reason he cleared Mirth again. Unvotes Mirth and says he'll be voting SL or me. No indication of investigation results.

8)
Makes an analysis on who attacked who. Concludes that SL, Sethaniel and me are some combination of scum.
ooba wrote:Day 1 :
Sierra attacks Capricious and Khel.
Capricious attacks SL and roffman . Sethaniel on Day 2
SL attacks Haschel (as cierco) , Capricious. Capricious on Day 2
Thesp attacks WhoMe? and Sierra on Day 2.
Haschel attcks Khel on day 1 Mirth on Day 2.
Mirth attacks SL,Capricious,Zoneace. Finally Thesp on Day 2.
Sethaniel does not attack anyone on Day 1. (as actr). Then attacks me,Mirth and Cap on Day 2.

I've already had Thesp and Haschel on my pro town list for sometime.
Mirth's claim i beleive - I'd like to give Cap the benefit of the doubt for now and do not think he's today's lynch. (Although if no one votes or unvotes , he will be lynched)

Which leaves Sierra,SL and Sethaniel as some combination of scum. Cannot figure out if they are 3 scum together or 2 scum,1 SK since none of them attack each other. I'm happy voting Sierra - I'd rather have a Sierra lynch than a Capricious one.

Vote : Sierra.

Sierra , you should claim now.
Him expressing his confidence in Thesp and Haschel again makes me more and more convinced that he investigated Haschel Night 1 and found him innocent.

9)
PbPA of Sethaniel. Concludes:
ooba wrote:Well , reading through - there has been absolutely zero scum hunting except for the last 4 posts so that does point to possible evil doer.
10)
PbPA of me. Concludes:
ooba wrote:He does genuinely seem to scum hunt but for most part of the game seems to have Cap as his main target. Looking at his posts in isolation instead of a larger re-read , he does not seem as scummy as Sethaniel who seems to be in the background with filler posts and lack of scum hunting.
Votes no-lynch.

Conclusion:

ooba has said several times that he found Haschel to be pro-town. He also attacked and/or questioned everyone
except
Haschel.
I'm going to assume that ooba investigated Haschel and got an innocent result.
I see only two alternatives: ooba tried to investigate Mirth but was roleblocked; ooba investigated one of the NK victims. I think the Haschel theory is more likely.

Do people agree with this conclusion?
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (isolation #30) » Thu May 22, 2008 12:58 am

Post by Sierra »

Thesp wrote:I want sierra to claim first.
'first' as in: first me and then everyone else? Or just me?
Mirth wrote:Im also going to have to throw a huge FOS at Haschel as scum buddies with Thesp and Capricious, for his hasty vote on SL (were in LYLO...voting is bad). Im also going to have to retract my opinion that Sierra is town. Calling for massclaim in LYLO with scum probably outnumbering town = BAD idea. I need to go now.
I don't see how a massclaim would be bad in LYLO. Isn't LYLO usually the time when you can't afford to mislynch and thus massclaim, knowing scum might profit from it at night but hoping it will at least lead you to a good lynch?

I don't like how Mirth claimed a role with 50% chances and has failed two nights in a row to show any results of night actions. When Mirth first stated I was obviously a townie, I was wondered whether she might have been a cop and had investigated me. Ever since her claim I've been wondering about her behaviour and I'm thinking that it may have been a plan to get me to trust her. Mirth is my top suspect for mafia at this point.
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (isolation #31) » Thu May 22, 2008 11:12 pm

Post by Sierra »

It's not that I'm bothered by having to go first, but there's a reason I really want you (Thesp) to go before I do. My preferred order would be:

1. Capricious
2. Singing Librarian
3. Thesp
4. Sierra
5. Haschel Cedricson

But if you insist I get moved up in that list, this order would also suffice:

1. Thesp
2. Sierra
3. Capricious
4. Singing Librarian
5. Haschel Cedricson

Cap and SL could be swapped in those lists. Haschel should definitely go last.
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (isolation #32) » Fri May 23, 2008 10:47 am

Post by Sierra »

I'm fine with Haschel determining the order of the mass-claim. Does anyone oppose this? (best if Haschel didn't give his order preference before everyone agrees)
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (isolation #33) » Tue May 27, 2008 5:00 am

Post by Sierra »

My turn. I can't help smiling while typing this.

I'M BATMNAN!! :P

Seriously: I'm Bruce Wayne, aka Batman. I'm a vigilante. I killed roffman Night 1, because all he did was bandwagon with very little input. Last night I decided not to kill, because 1) I was afraid we were so close to LYLO a wrong kill could end the game and 2) I was getting accused of being a SK, so I figured withholding my kill could prove I'm really a vig, not a SK.
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (isolation #34) » Tue May 27, 2008 9:57 pm

Post by Sierra »

The reason I wanted Thesp to claim before I did, was because I thought he might be a tracker or watcher and saw me visit roffman night 1. Him knowing that SL is scum raises some questions.

Thesp, you learned this night 2, right? So why did your first post day 3 say:
Thesp wrote:
Haschel Cedricson, unvote. Now.
We need to wait to place our votes. Seriously. You come out on what's likely LyLo with a vote?

Singing Librarian should not die today. Sierra should, though. His failure to be lynched is a blight upon our town. Seriously.

I'm beginning to think massclaim is in order, no?
Your second post read:
Thesp wrote:
Haschel Cedricson wrote:
Haschel Cedricson wrote:
Unvote

Thesp is right. We need to hit Mafia today.
Since I know you'll all ask for elaboration, I think SL may be the SK.
:hifive:

:)
Only at the 3rd post you started claiming you thought SL was the SK. Why only then?

Meanwhile, it's Capricious's turn to claim!
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (isolation #35) » Wed May 28, 2008 9:44 pm

Post by Sierra »

Haschel Cedricson wrote:Now, if SL is Rocket Red #7, then SL cannot be the Joker. Also, I find it doubtful that there are two roles like mine in the game. Out of me and Thesp, who is lying?

Thesp is, and here's why.

We have seen a kill method that is Manhunter-esque. We have not seen a kill method reminiscent of the Joker. Sierra has claimed Batman, and there have been no counterclaims of vig. Thesp telling the truth would mean 25% of the players would be characters from the Batman universe, and I think our mod has tried to spread things out a bit more.

So, if Thesp is lying, then he is Mafia.
Haschel, how do you explain Thesp knowing to claim such a role? Do you think he guessed right or maybe he was given this as a safe-claim, or do you have some other explanation for it?

I need some more time to look back a little and think this through, so further analysis will have to wait until later today.
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (isolation #36) » Thu May 29, 2008 7:30 am

Post by Sierra »

Haschel Cedricson wrote:
Haschel, how do you explain Thesp knowing to claim such a role?
I think he guessed an uncommon role and got burned when it actually was in the game.
I just reread day 1. I found this interesting post:
Thesp wrote:
ZONEACE wrote:wait when did i vote Thesp???
I like this attitude!

I am categorically against a mass role claim here - I'm not sure the potential benefits outweigh the risks. (I know when I mod games with character names, I particularly like to put in
roles who are trying to kill a particular character
.)

actr, you didn't tell us who your partners were. It wil make it harder to find the scum if you don't confess. :(
I bolded the interesting part. This gives me some more confidence in Thesp.

I don't have time to go through day 2 as well right now, hopefully you'll hear more from me tonight.

Oh and one more thing, this post doesn't make sense to me:
Capricious wrote:
Haschel Cedricson wrote:As for Capricious: I've had you pegged as a vanilla townie for most of the game. During the massclaim discussion, you stated
Quote:
Maybe you guys have experience/flavor information that cause you to believe names could b associated with powers, whatever, I have none.
In preparation for the mass name claim that was to happen, I felt that once I had claimed Gypsy, scum would take me for a hider and ignore me in their killing schemes.
In your explanation you say you wanted scum to link your name with your power, but the earlier post by you clearly states you couldn't link your name with your power.
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (isolation #37) » Thu May 29, 2008 11:34 pm

Post by Sierra »

Sorry, I didn't get to re-reading day 2 yet and I'm about to leave on a weekend trip. I'll have to make you guys wait until monday (possibly sunday night) for my vote.
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (isolation #38) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:31 am

Post by Sierra »

Sorry about that. I'm having a busy week, but I managed to free some time finally.

I've reread everything upto this point, but didn't find anything more than what I stated in my previous post. That was enough though to get me to believe that Thesp is really who he says he is. HC has suprised me somewhat with his claim. I would think he's either trying to save his scummate SL from being lynched or speaking the truth. I don't think he would take such a chance as scum, especially since me and mostly everyone really except for Mirth was believing him to be cleared by ooba. So Haschel is probably also who he says he is. If we assume this, it becomes easier to speculate about the set-up.

We know there's a Joker. It's SL.
We know there's a RR#7. It has to be Mirth or Cap. Mirth claiming to have failed an action two nights in a row has been bugging me like crazy. I think she's faking it, and is really RR#7.

Now the question is: which one of them is mafia and which is SK? Are there any other mafia? If there is any other mafia, it's Cap. But a different set-up came to mind also. Possibly, there's no SK. They could both be mafia, and each have a kill at their disposal. A two man mafia group might seem underpowered, but not when they get two kills each night.

There could be some other possible set-ups, and if I'm wrong about Thesp and Haschel there could be tons of other possible set-ups. However, I've convinced myself that Thesp (more than HC) is speaking the truth, so SL should definitely be the lynch for today. I don't think SL is a SK. If he was, he would have admitted it after Thesp claimed. Most likely, he is mafia.

Vote Singing Librarian

If SL indeed turns out to be the Joker and to be Mafia, Haschel should check to see if one of Cap or Mirth is RR#7. I will probably just vig one of them though. (Mirth probably)
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (isolation #39) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:15 am

Post by Sierra »

Haschel, could you respond how you feel about this:
Sierra wrote:
Haschel Cedricson wrote:
Haschel, how do you explain Thesp knowing to claim such a role?
I think he guessed an uncommon role and got burned when it actually was in the game.
I just reread day 1. I found this interesting post:
Thesp wrote:
ZONEACE wrote:wait when did i vote Thesp???
I like this attitude!

I am categorically against a mass role claim here - I'm not sure the potential benefits outweigh the risks. (I know when I mod games with character names, I particularly like to put in
roles who are trying to kill a particular character
.)

actr, you didn't tell us who your partners were. It wil make it harder to find the scum if you don't confess. :(
I bolded the interesting part. This gives me some more confidence in Thesp.
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (isolation #40) » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:10 am

Post by Sierra »

Haschel Cedricson wrote:
Sierra wrote:Haschel, could you respond how you feel about this:
On the surface it would appear to support Thesp, but I think it's coincidence. If not for Thesp's claim, that post wouldn't have gotten any attention at all, and I don't believe it was intended as a breadcrumb. Thesp's an experienced enough mod that he probably meant exactly what he said there.
How do you explain Thesp claiming a role
exactly
like yours? Was it pure coincidence? Is that his actual ability, but he's still mafia? Did he find out what your ability was somehow and decide to claim it first? Or do you have some other explanation?
Haschel Cedricson wrote:Question for you, Sierra. Do you see Batman, The Joker, and Oracle/Batgirl as being a fourth of the characters in a game that is supposed to draw upon the entire Justice League?
It's a possibility.

If I would have to choose between Thesp and HC, I'd rather vote HC. (happy birthday btw :wink:) However, I fail to see why you're both so convinced that one of you must be scum, when I see much better suspects in Cap and Mirth.

Unvote SL
for now. Mirth might have a point in SL not claiming SK when he actually is one.
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (isolation #41) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:45 pm

Post by Sierra »

If I had to choose between HC and Thesp, I think I would vote HC at this point. Therefore, I suggest HC changes his 'I will only vote Thesp so you have to choose between the two of us' policy. Lynching Cap or Mirth would be a far better idea, me thinks.
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (isolation #42) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:42 am

Post by Sierra »

I would be willing to put my vote on Capricious at this point. Mirth and SL appear to feel the same way, so if either Thesp or Haschel are willing to do the same, I think we've got ourselves a lynch. Capricious might want to comment on this.
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (isolation #43) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:12 am

Post by Sierra »

If I counted correctly, Thesp just hammered Cap. I'm keeping my fingers crossed hoping he was scum.
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (isolation #44) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:41 am

Post by Sierra »

Thanks for the game, Mr_Gnome_It_All. I enjoyed it greatly, too bad I didn't make more of it. Congratulations to the scum-trio, nicely done!

In the end I was sure SL was not pro-town, because of the way he reacted to Thesp's accusation. Both Godfathers and SK's are known to be given a bulletproof ability sometimes, so I believed that part of his claim and didn't target him for a kill.

I was still very suspicious of Mirth, but I was also thinking that if he was lying he would've surely come up with something better than this. I decided not to kill him, to see what he would claim to have learned from his supposed track-action.

That last night I decided to kill Thesp over HC because of the way he hammered Cap. I'm glad to see I was right about Ooba getting an innocent investigation on HC by the way, even though it did us no good. :)

I hope to play more games with any of you in the future. See you around.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”