Mini 479: Care Bears Mafia - Abandoned in Every Way.

CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (isolation #0) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:06 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Hai guyz, wat's goin on in dis game?
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (isolation #1) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:54 pm

Wasn't aware that we're under a deadline. Here are some thoughts:

Jex
- His attack on Kwanton felt odd and and somewhat reaching to me.
Jex wrote:wow! Can we say overkill? Big FOS Kwanton for completely over reacting to a pretty much random vote
Deathstrike's vote on Kwanton was pretty obviously anything but a random vote, so this whole attack is pretty much based on a false assumption.

He later justified his vote with this:
Kwanton wrote: the first to dismiss the idea of an SK and guess that it was a vigilante. I would never have though it to be a vigilante killing on the first night.

This quote bugs me also:
Kwanton wrote:Also I think I read that this is a non-vanilla game so if all mafia members have an additional power, then an SK would make the game terribly unbalanced even if there was a resurector role.
Where did you read about this at? I would assume that mafia wouldn't have power roles unless maybe they activate certain nights like other roles (although I don't know how many roles activate and how many work always if any.)
Both fair points to make, but I really don't see how this makes Kwanton scummy. It appears to me like Jex has little more than a disagreement with Kwanton on game-balance and vig-behavior, yet he uses them to paint Kwanton in a scummy light ("this quote bugs me also").

And his third point against Kwanton:
Jex wrote:Last, I find it interesting that these are how Kwanton responds to anyone that points his way:
Kwanton wrote:Right now it looks like your fishing for a nonexistent reason to vote me.
Kwanton wrote:If that makes you suspicious maybe you're "reading just a tad bit too much into this"
Kwanton wrote:it seems like you're fishing for a reason to vote. To me it seems scummy that you're willing tojump on any little thing.....
These are said to three different people on different subjects. I found it interesting.
That's a rather underhanded way to attack someone. Instead of explaining
why
he found those quotes "interesting" (something I can't quite follow), he seems to want to bait Kwanton into digging his own grave.

Overall, I consider Jex a scum-candidate.

Dr. Blackstrike
- He's been telling people to talk for a long time now, yet he's not doing any talking either.
Dr. Blackstrike wrote:I'll think about it though, and maybe you can persaude me to move my vote. :D
Don't like this post at all. It has a vibe of Burden of Proof.
Dr.Blackstrike wrote:Let's just get a deadline and be done with it.
Very anti-town sentiment.

Coupled with the fact that he suggested mass-claim and tried to pass off a completely useless LoS as "conversation", I see him as a scum-candidate as well.

MissMoo
- Somewhat inconsistent. She initially FoSed both Kwanton and Somada for a supposed slip, yet for some reason, Somada was completely dropped out of the equation at some point. This has been somewhat of a running theme, as she's dropped a number of suspects quitely:
First suspicion: Kwanton and Somada (for thinking there was a vig kill)
Second suspicion: Jex, Kwanton and Dr. Deathstrike (for no stated reason)
Third suspicion: Kwanton (for thinking there was a vig kill)

That progression doesn't quite add up to anything I'd expect from a pro-town player. Scummy.

Bob700
- Utterly useless. Why haven't I seen anything worth reading from you?

Qman
- No post for over a month. Why?

Nanosauromo
- Nothing to analyze.

Somada
- Pretty decent vibes. How refreshing.

Kwanton
- While I agree that the assumption we have a vig is somewhat odd, I don't think he's deserving of as much scrutiny as he received. One of the perks of a night-start game is that you have something to discuss from the get-go (nightkills), so for him to analyze the kill is not inherently anti-town. His subsequent defense sounded pretty sound and reasonable to me. The one thing that bothers me about him is that he's done nothing little more than defend himself. Who are you suspicious of, Kwanton? Why aren't you voting anyone?

Skruffs
- Why did I beat you to a proper analysis?!

See, that wasn't so hard.

Vote: Dr. Deathstrike

Would vote Jex or MissMoo if necessary at deadline.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (isolation #2) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:08 pm

In particular, you're not allowed to travel back in time 2 weeks to edit your posts.

I'm pretty sure that deadline has passed, but in case it hasn't:

Unvote, Vote: MissMoo

Blackstrike - If you have benefitial information to share, you might as well do so considering you're most likely dead.

Mod
: Could you find it in your heart to grant us another week or so? I would <3 you forever.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:58 pm

MissMoo - You seem entirely unphased by the fact that you just became a likely lynch candidate. Why is that?
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:00 pm

EBWOP

Mod
: Could we get some prods please? Jex, Somada, Nanosauromo and Qman in particular.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:47 pm

MissMoo:

The reason I voted for you was that I think you were disingenuous when you voted Blackstrike.
MissMoo wrote:I'm still leery of Kwanton's assumption that we have a vig as I hope a vig wouldn't just randomly kill without having a read on people.

That said, if we are on a deadline, that's where my vote will be going. If we're not, I'd like to get to know you folks a bit better.
Then no post for a week. Then:
MissMoo wrote:Thanks, you put a finger on what was bothering me the last few r/l days about the thread...
Vote: Dr. Blackstrike
So we're under deadline, and something's bothering you, yet you don't say anything?

It appears to me like you saw what you thought was a good argument against Blackstrike (even though it wasn't intended as such) and decided to jump on it.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:42 am

Kwanton:

If my count is correct, one of Blackstrike/MissMoo will be lynched, which is simply unacceptable. Blackstrike has claimed to have a power role, and he remains on the chopping block for the sole reason that you haven't unvoted. Change that.

Everyone else:

Now would be a fucking good time to put some votes on.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (isolation #7) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:55 am

You know what, considering the situation we're in, I'd rather eliminate a random lurker. I'm afraid this game will have to be abandoned if we don't get rid of dead weight.

Nanosauromo has posted in another game yesterday, which means he deliberately ignored his prod in this one. He also has one vote, which means he'll become a lynch candidate even if no one else posts within the next 12 hours (which I find distinctly possible).

Unvote, Vote: Nanosauromo
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (isolation #8) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:45 am

Nanosauromo failed to name claim, but considering what he
did
claim, I don't want him lynched today anymore.

I probably won't be able to get another post in before deadline hits, so I'm putting my vote back on who I think is the most likely scum.

Unvote, Vote: MissMoo
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (isolation #9) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:40 pm

Because she's a girl. I'm looking forward to her contributions as well.

Any thoughts on the rest of the players, Haschel? I find your analysis somewhat lacking.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (isolation #10) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:35 pm

MissMoo wrote:Skruffs just has an abrasive playstyle from what I can tell...which is why I've sort of ignored his attack on me. (Though I will be watching him and his possible scum-buddy CrashTextDummy.) He'll find someone else to focus his attention on soon enough and I can go on in the game and keep trying to find scum.
You've been trying... to find scum? I'm embarrassed to say I'm not familiar with your seemingly advanced scumfinding technique. What I've gathered so far is that it involves not voting
at all
, unless when trying to secure a deadline lynch, but beyond that, I'm stumped. Care to elaborate?

Oh by the way, it would be good if you started coming up with some results soonish, because we're hitting the deadline today. You know, just saying.

Speaking of which:
Mod
: Care to extend the deadline again? I know this is getting kind of ridiculous, but we really need it.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (isolation #11) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:37 pm

A
votecount
would also be mucho appreciated, especially if we're not getting another deadline extension.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (isolation #12) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:35 pm

I asked you a question, Haschel Cedricson. Your failure to answer so close to deadline is disturbing.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (isolation #13) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:46 am

Because deadline hasn't hit yet, apparently.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (isolation #14) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:19 pm

Without rereading the whole game (like I should after such a long night, and will), I find Haschel Cedricson reasonably scummy. His refusal to answer an important inquiry so close to deadline strikes me as decidedly anti-town. I'm also unimpressed by his analysis still, even though this game didn't have the most productive D1, there's enough material to come up with something more useful.

Bob needs to answer this question:
Haschel Cedricson wrote:
Bob700 wrote:What, I don't talk much? Well, lets just say i'm a quiet bear...
Are you claiming a post restriction?
Especially considering the fact that he appears to have been vote-blocked.

Vote: Haschel Cedricson
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (isolation #15) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:25 am

Sarcastro wrote:Strongly considering getting a bandwagon going on Haschel.
Be my guest. I feel that Haschel is among those who actively hinder discussion by ignoring direct questions and accusations. Which makes me think he's probably scum.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (isolation #16) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:50 pm

Hi.

Various circumstances have lead to me not being able to access MS for a while, and I apologize.

But I am back now, and eager to get back into my games. I'll get up to speed ASAP.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (isolation #17) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:49 am

In case anyone cares:
Bedtime Bear - immune to one kill-attempt per night.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (isolation #18) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:36 pm

Amusing.

I take it Sarc and Skruffs got the same role by accident?

Probably for the better this game was abandoned then, I consider this kind of screw up potentially game-breaking.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”