Mini 1732 - Super Smash Bros. Project M(afia) - D7!

Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (isolation #0) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:20 am

Post by Grib »

Hi.

I've read about half of the game so far. Standby while I finish.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (isolation #1) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:56 am

Post by Grib »

I think Nana is my favorite player in this game.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (isolation #2) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:53 am

Post by Grib »

Survivor claims are eh. He wasn't responsible for the Daykill, and there was only one death in the Night, so I'm not worried about him being another Serial Killer or anything detrimental like that. Plus, I think Xtoxm's attitude meshes well with a frustrated Survivor rather than caught fakeclaiming scum living on borrowed time.

There's also the fact that pushing a Survivor lynch is, like, the easiest way for scum to look towny and fearmonger the shit out of 'oh but he's claimed not town, why
wouldn't
you lynch him'.

I wouldn't lynch him because, presumably, killing him does nothing for parity. My wincon is to win with the town, not eliminate all threats, and I don't really consider him to be a threat at the moment.

My townreads are ika and smiffle. Everyone else is a mix of things I like and don't like, and that's something I want to refine toDay.

In post 1060, ika wrote:also something happened to em last night

Okay, I'll bite. Is it something helpful that you can share? Like, if you were doused or anything like that, then yes, I will vote for Xtoxm.

In post 1044, LicketyQuickety wrote:BTW Xt goes to endgame.

In post 1061, LicketyQuickety wrote:If at first you don't succeed...

VOTE: Xt

VOTE: Lickety

Hi. You will explain your vote.

I spent about half of the game wanting you dead, and then I saw you Daykilled the Serial Killer, thought about it, and decided I at least want you examined more closely. Congratulations on the non-town kill, but it's not nearly as towny as Daykilling actual groupscum (assuming this game isn't town vs. Neutrals, and even then, the towncred would still be minimal). What are your reads? Please be specific.

@GuiltyLion: please explain your read on Lickety to me, nice and slow. What you think his alignment is, why you think that, and which posts of his led you to that conclusion. I feel like you've spent the majority of the game deliberately maintaining a nullread on him. You defended him quite a bit, but continuously reiterated that you had no particular leaning on his alignment and didn't seem all that interested in poking him yourself, which. I find pretty strange, as he was the center of discussion for quite a bit.

@Nana: hey there. Why did you vote for Xtoxm over Wanderer, when most of the players came to a consensus on that wagon?

@people who townread Firebringer: why? Please be specific.

Good pressure targets toDay: Lion, Lickety, Davsto, and Genda.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (isolation #3) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:25 am

Post by Grib »

My slot has essentially done nothing all game, and I don't want to give scum the opportunity to doubtcast me because of it.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (isolation #4) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:29 am

Post by Grib »

In post 1072, GuiltyLion wrote:Can you explain this? What parts of his posts read explicitly like Survivor as opposed to scum?

Spoiler:
In post 795, Xtoxm wrote:i am a neutral survivor. ive approached the game in a town way and have every intention of continuing to do so.

lynch me if you want

/shrug

my ability is real and still means something, presumably.

bastard game yeah but. making someone a survivor and then telling someone else they are not town. what is the point. at least give me a safeclaim if ur gonna do that shit :roll:

In post 796, Xtoxm wrote:just lynch me tbh

In post 803, Xtoxm wrote:yeah but thats just setting me up for an autoloss. i even asked for a safeclaim and was told ganondorf was safe to claim so lol.

turbolynch me pls

In post 804, Xtoxm wrote:just dont kid yourselves into thinking this is a scum lynch

In post 814, Xtoxm wrote:given revelations i have zero chance of ever meeting my win con and id honestly rather exit the game sooner than later at this point LQ but i appreciate the sentiment

In post 823, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 820, LicketyQuickety wrote:Why don't we just use abilities on XT?

they will probably fail given my role

i can be lynched tho

In post 845, Xtoxm wrote:not going to self vote as it is the very definition of playing anti win con here but please make this happen asap <3

In post 848, Xtoxm wrote:he made me a survivor, told me my flavour was safe to claim, and told someone else my flavour is not town.

im allowed to be annoyed about that.

In post 852, Xtoxm wrote:yeah, no more vonflare games for me

In post 855, Xtoxm wrote:because im not town

why are you still not voting me?

In post 879, Xtoxm wrote:i asked this back when i got my role, because i was hoping to, you know, not claim as survivor seeing as it's generally an autolynch. he did not specifically say that, he simply didn't give me one and the way he responded to my question made me think it was ok.

In post 1033, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 1031, LicketyQuickety wrote:Xt, if you are somehow a Town Survivor now's the time to speak up about that.

I've said i'll play as town. My alignment is neutral.

I can't really object to being lynched today because being rid of me is a pretty good game state for town and probably leaves you 3v7 in a very juiced up town.

I see people entertaining this idea of leaving me alive for a few days and then lynching me which is really bad posting. If you want me to work with you it has to go both ways. I am a triforce daycop so I can help find Link. Scum probably do want me dead.

Either lynch me now today or help me fulfill my wincon. Like ika's saying, having this argument about me for multiple days will be hugely detrimental to town. I feel it's already stalled the productive discussion we were having today.

In post 1072, GuiltyLion wrote:He's absolutely a threat. When we get to LYLO, a survivor is essentially a mafia vote, because they want to end the game ASAP. Xtoxm can promise he'll vote with town all he wants, but in the end I do not want to leave my chances of winning up to the whims of a neutral player.

Fair enough.

I think votes on him right now are objectively pointless, at least until deadline. What are you planning on doing, sitting on a Survivor wagon for the full two weeks? Do something useful with your vote, let Xtoxm scumhunt or lurk or whatever it is he wants to do, and we'll revisit him later.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1075 (isolation #5) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:39 am

Post by Grib »

Well, yeah, I can't be absolutely sure he isn't lying. I just don't believe he is. I want to see how he plays toDay.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1076 (isolation #6) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:39 am

Post by Grib »

Also, I hate the strategy of trolling/being scummy on purpose to gather votes on yourself for analysis. It just causes unnecessary confusion and makes you sound less credible when you suddenly decide to take the game seriously, because then it looks like you're just pandering to the people attacking you for
your
bright idea.

Tails had it right. Lickety was scummy, he still is scummy, and that makes him a good pressure target, at the absolute least.

And you want to talk about easy, you know what else is super, super easy? Lynching a claimed Survivor.

What do you think of Lickety's hammer and his vote for Xtoxm toDay? Also, if you think Lickety is town,

LicketyQuickety (5): smiffle, Tails, Metal Sonic, MarioManiac4, Gendaberry
Davsto (2): All Alone, GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion (1): Davsto
Wanderer-nl (1): Xtoxm

do you think there were scum on his wagon here? Besides Mario, of course.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1077 (isolation #7) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:41 am

Post by Grib »

Also, it might just be me, but with the way yesterDay played out, it
really
looks like Tails was shot for tunneling into Lickety and then townreading him later in the Day.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1078 (isolation #8) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:45 am

Post by Grib »

In post 1074, GuiltyLion wrote:I want Xtoxm to give us Link. If he's not gonna do that, then I don't see a reason to move my vote off of him. Plus, my vote on him is useful for me to see what everyone else says about it. I could move my vote to Firebringer or Gendaberry (wildcard Davsto but the Sheik claim actually makes me rethink my earlier position on that slot), but I feel like that would be just as useless as it is currently.

Nah, that's lazy voting, and that's not okay. What is your vote on Xtoxm actually going to accomplish? What else is there to react to in this scenario? We all know you want to lynch him. In fact, there are already two other people voting for him. You should be pushing to get information elsewhere. Voting for and pressuring other players is never useless, but not using your vote is.

If you voted for Firebringer or Dav, I'd probably follow. One vote becomes two, which could potentially become three, which gets people talking and giving reads and information and etc.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1080 (isolation #9) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:09 am

Post by Grib »

Oh, right, I forgot he claimed to get something out of hammering.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1082 (isolation #10) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:11 am

Post by Grib »

Also, there's no danger of anyone getting quicklynched given that the only wagon is on the Survivor, but whatever.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (isolation #11) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:13 am

Post by Grib »

In post 1081, LicketyQuickety wrote:I didn't like the way things went down on G-nl and I am to blame for that. My reasons for voting Xt are the same as stated in the thread like a gazillion times so far. He's 3p and that's good enough reason for me. I thought we had Scum when we were lynching W-nl but since that didn't work I think we should take a more conservative approach.

Why did you say Xtoxm is going to endgame?

Why were you more confident in Wanderer being scum than Xtoxm? You 'said it a gazillion times', but your Day-ending vote said the opposite.

What did you get out of hammering Wanderer?

Also respond to the other questions, please.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1084 (isolation #12) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:14 am

Post by Grib »

ika, do I need to worry about you hammering anyone at L-1 or are you chill?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1087 (isolation #13) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:43 am

Post by Grib »

Your responses are underwhelming.

In post 1068, Grib wrote:

I spent about half of the game wanting you dead, and then I saw you Daykilled the Serial Killer, thought about it, and decided I at least want you examined more closely. Congratulations on the non-town kill, but it's not nearly as towny as Daykilling actual groupscum (assuming this game isn't town vs. Neutrals, and even then, the towncred would still be minimal). What are your reads? Please be specific.

These questions.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1092 (isolation #14) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:54 am

Post by Grib »

In post 1081, LicketyQuickety wrote:My reasons for voting Xt are the same as stated in the thread like a gazillion times so far. He's 3p and that's good enough reason for me.

Here is every post by Lickety mentioning Xtoxm after he claimed Survivor:

Spoiler:
In post 802, LicketyQuickety wrote:OK we are going to lynch Xt and I am going to hammer it.

Wants to lynch the Survivor. Doesn't list reasons.

In post 810, LicketyQuickety wrote:Actually if Xt plays for town I wouldn't mind having a co-dependent relationship with such a role if they are survivor. Xt is a super vet so having him sniff out Scum could be a good thing.

PEdit. Do you guys really not see this? I mean like there is 2 or more survivor roles, what make one better to keep the other.

I'd rather keep the Vet around personally.

Doesn't want to lynch the Survivor. Lists reasons for keeping him around.

In post 817, LicketyQuickety wrote:OK fine, we'll do away with Xt, but I am going to hammer.

Wants to lynch the Survivor. Doesn't give reasons.

In post 820, LicketyQuickety wrote:Why don't we just use abilities on XT?

Doesn't want to lynch the Survivor. Would prefer to use him for...something.

In post 841, LicketyQuickety wrote:Xt, do you have a read on Tails at all?

Doesn't want to lynch the Survivor. Asking the Survivor for reads.
In post 847, LicketyQuickety wrote:Go ahead and Vote Xt, its not the hammer yet.

Wants to lynch the Survivor. Doesn't give reasons.

In post 861, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 860, Xtoxm wrote:scum might not have safeclaims either btw so be careful with massclaim

Funny that you mention it because I was wondering if we might break this game right now.

Doesn't want to lynch the Survivor.

In post 959, LicketyQuickety wrote:@Everyone,

I think we need to lynch Xt today.

the longer we wait to lynch him the more problematic it gets for us. Right now we have no confirmed Scum... that should really be the only thing keeping us from lynching Xt. We already have one player we have to wait and see on which is Genda. I would really rather keep that kind of thing to a minimum if you get what I'm saying. When we start to get like 3 players that we are waiting on "finding out" stuff it gets really problematic real fast.

Wants to lynch the Survivor. Actually gives reasons.

In post 1022, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1021, Gendaberry wrote:Well Tails's plan seems pretty alright, I'm good with this.

VOTE: Wanderer

Also, what's the chance of Xtoxm being a jester instead of a survivor? I'm not sure how ika's role works, but I'm assuming jester would show up as non-town with it right? This doesn't matter much though if we're going to try and let vig deal with it anyways.

I read Xt saying they wanted out of the game as pretty genuine. Also, I'm going to go out on a limb and say jester doesn't really fit the theme too well, since, ya'know this is a Theme based on fighting each other :roll:

Doesn't want to lynch the Survivor.

In post 1031, LicketyQuickety wrote:Xt, if you are somehow a Town Survivor now's the time to speak up about that.

Hesitates on lynching the Survivor.

In post 1042, LicketyQuickety wrote:VOTE: Wanderer-nl

VOTES SOMEONE WHO
ISN'T
THE SURVIVOR. NOT EVEN JUST A NORMAL VOTE, BUT A
HAMMER

In post 1044, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1043, Davsto wrote:That's L-1, LQ.

I made a derp and hammered without a claim because I was really sure the slot was scum. There are 13 players left in the game dav.

BTW Xt goes to endgame.
[/quote]

Notice, in his own words, he says he didn't derp because he miscounted the votes; he hammered because he was
really
sure Wanderer was scum. Even though he 'gave a gazillion reasons' why Xtoxm should be lynched!

tl;dr holy fuck, obvious scum or horribad town.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1093 (isolation #15) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:55 am

Post by Grib »

In post 1088, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 1074, GuiltyLion wrote:I want Xtoxm to give us Link.

well you're not acting like it. who do you want checked?

atm im very close to checking you.

you're doing a lot to get me killed. link fucking wants me dead ASAP.

Remind me why Link wants you dead?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1094 (isolation #16) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:56 am

Post by Grib »

Ah, never mind, because you could out him.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1096 (isolation #17) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:02 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 1086, LicketyQuickety wrote:I can't deny that.
I'll just say Ika makes sense to me now.

[...]

Not going to answer that
unless its looking like I'm getting lynched.

Lickety, you will elaborate on both of these or I will kill you.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1098 (isolation #18) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:05 pm

Post by Grib »

I'd rather lynch you, tbh, but I'll go ahead and mark you as my target toNight.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1099 (isolation #19) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:06 pm

Post by Grib »

Actually, let me try this from a different angle before I finalize my decision.

What do you hope to gain by withholding this information?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1100 (isolation #20) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:07 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 1099, Grib wrote:Actually, let me try this from a different angle before I finalize my decision.

In addition, if you didn't wish to share that you gain information or whatever by hammering someone, why did you bring up this 'ability' at all? To justify your hammer?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1104 (isolation #21) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:28 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 1101, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1099, Grib wrote:Actually, let me try this from a different angle before I finalize my decision.

Town winning in Lylo.

What about town winning before then? That's possible, too.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1105 (isolation #22) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:28 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 1102, Xtoxm wrote:im guessing he gains 'points' towards another dayvig or some other ability. i saw a mechanic like that in another game, anyway.

why is it so important for you to know?

Because I want to lynch him.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1107 (isolation #23) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:39 pm

Post by Grib »

If we can lynch scum before LyLo happens, I'd much rather go that route than wait for some fancy ability to kick in.

In post 1089, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1087, Grib wrote:Your responses are underwhelming.

In post 1068, Grib wrote:

These questions.

It's been a while since I've been in this game. Let me reread some stuff and I'll make a reads list.

I'lll just wait on this, if you won't answer the other thing.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1110 (isolation #24) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:00 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 1109, Firebringer wrote:Do we have 2 day vigs?

Hi, Firebringer. I think you might be scum. Too much fluff, not enough scumhunting. Please answer the following questions:

Is my threat the only thing that caught your attention since I replaced in?
Why did you specifically vote smiffle in where you called everyone but a couple people scummy?
Why did you question the Wander wagon in when previously you said 'Everyone else is either null or scum leaning. Why are you all acting scummy as shit?' in and 'Everyone else should be purged with fire.' in ?

I'd argue this is your only post with useful content:

In post 909, Firebringer wrote:You seem to be sitting in that sweet spot a scum would want to be.

You don't seem ultra townie where you would get an extreme amount of attention, but you aren't anti town either.

You are right in middle. You have been pretty neutral throughout the game in your tone and posts, which scum tend to do as they try to get the vibe of the game and apply pressure where they see opportunities.

You push for people to contribute to get town cred, but have left yourself pretty closed of from rest of everyone with your own readability.

Thats my analysis of you.

Your accusations here are pretty vague. Please back them up, if you're still scumreading smiffle. Otherwise explain why you aren't. I feel like you've been too passive with your smiffle push.

Why did you vote Wanderer?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1111 (isolation #25) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:01 pm

Post by Grib »

Hm.

Lickety, this is OOG, but you know Owner Of A Lonely Heart, yes?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (isolation #26) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:05 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 1115, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1111, Grib wrote:Hm.

What about her?

A friend of mine walked past, saw your avatar/username, said you two were from the same site. That's all.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1117 (isolation #27) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:06 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 1113, Firebringer wrote:"I'd argue this is your only post with useful content"

This is angry firebringer talking now, from him to you:

Go screw yourself,
Thank you.

-Firebringer.

Also, not answering any of your questions.

In post 1114, LicketyQuickety wrote:Town:

GL - has done nothing but try and sort stuff
Smiffle - Is playing really pro-town and trying to solve stuff
Fire - Looks honest
Nana - I just feel they want town to win

Null:
AA - their content is good, it just is not enough
Genda - will be sorted soon
Dav - Just not doing enough to solve stuff
Ika - Like they are not really saying anything new

Scum:
ASP/Grib - their push on me is bad and has bad reasoning
Xt - Duh

^ kill
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1120 (isolation #28) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:10 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 1118, Firebringer wrote:I don't know what to think of Grib, I want to lynch honestly regardless of alignment just by that previous post.

Just pissed me off so much.
I am still feeling the anger coming up from my chest. Just ugh...

I am going to go for bit to cool off, maybe run or something.

I apologize for hurting your feelings.

Let me try rephrasing that: I'd argue this is your only post with useful content [for helping me determine your alignment].

You post a lot of fluff and one-liners, which is easy for scum to hide behind.

VOTE: Firebringer

Please consider contributing so I can read you properly.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1124 (isolation #29) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:32 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 1122, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1116, Grib wrote:
In post 1115, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1111, Grib wrote:Hm.

What about her?

A friend of mine walked past, saw your avatar/username, said you two were from the same site. That's all.

I know her pretty well.

Cool.

I just got out of a game with her. She had great reads, but I scumread her for most of the game and by the time I got around to thinking she was town, it was basically too late and we lost.

Sad times.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1128 (isolation #30) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:57 pm

Post by Grib »

Hi ika!

I'm busy for the rest of the Night. I can check in every now and then on my phone but that's about it.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1129 (isolation #31) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:58 pm

Post by Grib »

I just had a question about what happened to you last Night, if it's helpful and you can/would be willing to share.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (isolation #32) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:59 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 1128, Grib wrote:Hi ika!

I'm busy for the rest of the Night. I can check in every now and then on my phone but that's about it.

ebwop: an IRL night, not Night.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1133 (isolation #33) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:59 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 1130, ika wrote:
In post 1129, Grib wrote:I just had a question about what happened to you last Night, if it's helpful and you can/would be willing to share.

Would you help me lynch xt then if i told you?

Eh.

I'd rather lynch Lickety or Firebringer.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1135 (isolation #34) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:08 pm

Post by Grib »

You.

Cop checked someone who claimed non-town?

Did you get 'mafia' or 'unknown/inconclusive'?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1141 (isolation #35) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:14 pm

Post by Grib »

Well, I guess that's that?

Even if ika is a Lyncher, if he wins he simply leaves the game, yes? So we'd be eliminating two non-town, which. Is fine.

Still want to use Day time to pressure people.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (isolation #36) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:40 pm

Post by Grib »

Eh, I thought MS was towny, I think this is town!ika from what I've seen of his posts this game, I don't believe he needs the towncred or that he'd risk losing all the towncred he already has by pushing a mislynch with a fake guilty, and I don't think it makes sense for scum to fakeclaim Cop on Day 2.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (isolation #37) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:44 pm

Post by Grib »

Why are you trying to apply mechanical logic to a bastard game?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1151 (isolation #38) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:48 pm

Post by Grib »

11 alive, 6 to hammer. Current (unofficial) votal:

o~o~o~o~o
Xtoxm (4): ika, LicketyQuickety, Firebringer, Nana

Firebringer (3): Grib, GuiltyLion, Davsto
Davsto (1): All Alone

Abstaining (3): Xtoxm, smiffle, Gendaberry
o~o~o~o~o

Don't really like Davsto's jump onto Firebringer, but if he were scum, I dunno why he wouldn't take the easy way out and play 'follow the Cop'. If Xtoxm does flip groupscum, I'd probably want to kill Davsto, or at least have ika check him.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1152 (isolation #39) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:51 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 1032, Davsto wrote:
In post 961, Tails wrote:
In post 958, Davsto wrote:
He's claimed survivor. Quite simply, we'll have to lynch him sometime.

No we don't.

If we lynch Xtoxm, say, tomorrow, we have less info for today's lynch, reducing the chances of it hitting scum.

I see you're going with the appeal to fear.

If we lynch Xtoxm today, we'll have more info for our first time we attempt to lynch scum.

No. We'll just have more dead townies and WIFOM.

Look, if you're really sure on another lynch target, go ahead.

But letting Xtoxm live to lylo is a terrible idea. He's a survivor; he couldn't give a shit about who wins, he'll just vote with whoever votes first.

Or maybe he's potentially even scum (sk?) hoping to skate by on a survivor claim and hope the WIFOM of it all leaves him alive. I mean, scum won't kill him.

The fact is, leaving alive someone who we know 100% isn't town is not a good idea. Ever.

In post 1035, Davsto wrote:
In post 1033, Xtoxm wrote:I am a triforce daycop so I can help find Link.

Okay now you're talking.

UNVOTE:

I dunno, the unvote here felt too...easy. And quick. Obviously the mindset of dealing with a claimed Survivor doesn't mesh.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1153 (isolation #40) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:01 am

Post by Grib »

lol, the play advice for Lyncher:

On Day 2, claim Cop with a guilty result on your target. By the time they figure out you're lying, you will have already won.

I literally do not care if ika is a Lyncher, though. Odds are he gets removed from the game and wins with whatever faction comes out victorious in the end. That's not a bad thing.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1155 (isolation #41) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:09 am

Post by Grib »

Mm.

I'm concerned you might be bussing him.

I shall sleep on this line of thinking and let it stew.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1157 (isolation #42) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:12 am

Post by Grib »

Meh.

I'm considering voting for Xtoxm and having someone hammer, since it doesn't look like anyone wants to talk.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1164 (isolation #43) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:52 pm

Post by Grib »

That requires you to unvote.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1179 (isolation #44) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:33 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 1169, smiffle wrote:
In post 1151, Grib wrote:11 alive, 6 to hammer. Current (unofficial) votal:

o~o~o~o~o
Xtoxm (4): ika, LicketyQuickety, Firebringer, Nana

Firebringer (3): GuiltyLion, Grib, Davsto
Davsto (1): All Alone

Abstaining (3): Xtoxm, smiffle, Gendaberry
o~o~o~o~o

Don't really like Davsto's jump onto Firebringer, but if he were scum, I dunno why he wouldn't take the easy way out and play 'follow the Cop'. If Xtoxm does flip groupscum, I'd probably want to kill Davsto, or at least have ika check him.

Oh yeah, and GL voted like a minute before you did btw.

fixed
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1182 (isolation #45) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:43 pm

Post by Grib »

Firebringer: please go back and actually answer the questions in . Giving me the cold shoulder out of spite is not only immature, it's also counterproductive to our win condition and will only help your team lose if you are actually town.

In post 1114, LicketyQuickety wrote:Nana - I just feel they want town to win

I'm pretty sure you used a Day action on her. Why do you only 'feel' it?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1186 (isolation #46) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:51 pm

Post by Grib »

Firebringer, the threat refers to me saying I was going to kill Lickety. It has nothing to do with you. Why do you keep missing that?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1188 (isolation #47) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:53 pm

Post by Grib »

Also, you didn't actually give reasons for your smiffle vote until nearly 300 posts later.

If Wanderer was null, why did you think he had a better chance at flipping scum when Xtoxm could have been fakeclaiming (as seems to be the case so far)?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1193 (isolation #48) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:03 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 1112, Firebringer wrote:My thoughts were "why would someone fake claim survivor?" especially considering the site meta on that claim.

So how was Xtoxm lynch going to help us at the time if it just gets rid of a survivor?

That was my thought process.

Well, it certainly wouldn't have hurt town as much as a mislynch.

The Wanderer lynch was bad because everyone just sort of sheeped Tails and let it happen.

In post 1112, Firebringer wrote:Why does it matter when I gave reasons? I gave my reasons, you pushing the issue is just silly.

Because if you want people to vote with you, it's generally a good idea to explain the 'why?' part earlier rather than later.

Later, there's a lot more posts/information that you can use to justify something that may not have had a lot of backing to it. And like I said, I found your accusations to be incredibly vague. You basically call him a nullread and that somehow makes him scum over your other nullreads. Could you point to some of smiffle's posts to back up your assertions?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1195 (isolation #49) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:09 pm

Post by Grib »

Not your posts; smiffle's.

You read his posts and some of them made you scumread him. It'd be helpful to see them, along with your interpretation.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1214 (isolation #50) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:51 am

Post by Grib »

Oh, whatever.

I'm hammering at midnight EST.

Speak now or hold your peace, etc. If you're lurking and get offended that Day ended before you could post, well that's too damn bad.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1216 (isolation #51) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:14 pm

Post by Grib »

Eh, the mod's probably asleep, so it's likely thread won't even be closed until morning anyways.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Xtoxm

If Xtoxm flips groupscum, any protective roles need to target ika. If Xtoxm is 3P, eh, not as important.

I'm really feeling the Firebringer wagon. We should start that up again toMorrow.

I'll be fucking pissed if Xtoxm is Vengeful.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1217 (isolation #52) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:30 pm

Post by Grib »

Grib r A Simple Plan

ika r Metal Sonic
smiffle

Gendaberry
GuiltyLion

All Alone
Nana
LicketyQuickety

Davsto
Firebringer

Lynch from the bottom up.

If Xtoxm doesn't flip mafia, ika should probably be lynched. Otherwise he's my strongest townread.

I'm kind of paranoid that GuiltyLion is playing really well as scum, but eh.

All Alone has been too lurky, but I did like their earlier posts.

Nana's a funny concept but is ultimately useless as far as I can tell. I wouldn't cry if she died: the point of mafia is to interact and attempt to discern the alignments of other players, and it's nearly impossible to do that when she's off in la la land doing whatever. Her slot is essentially a waste of space. She and Lickety are kinda tied together, though, so if one is scum, blitz the other. On the one hand, her casual indifference to everything makes me inclined to take her word for it. Shrug.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1219 (isolation #53) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:48 pm

Post by Grib »

Because I think there's a decent chance of you being scum.

I kinda want to go after Firebringer and Davsto more, though, so. You can have some breathing room.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1220 (isolation #54) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:50 pm

Post by Grib »

Also, you haven't spent
any
time pursuing your other scumreads.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (isolation #55) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:18 pm

Post by Grib »

You're killing me, dude.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1226 (isolation #56) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:23 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 1221, LicketyQuickety wrote:I'm in wait and see mode lets just say. The wind is a little out of my sails right now and I'm not super motivated to make great posts right now.

Please try to fix that. If you're town, I would like to townread you.

In post 1221, LicketyQuickety wrote:Saying I should be flipped because there is a good chance I am Scum is not a good enough reason for me.

Agree to disagree, then.

In post 1221, LicketyQuickety wrote:you said you were going to kill me if I didn't answer you; what happened to that? why did you do nothing with that?

No one else was really interested in lynching you. That might mean something, which is why I want to pursue Davsto and Firebringer for a bit.

Aside from that, though, I think I've produced a fair bit of content and given my thoughts on the gamestate. Don't cherrypick.

In post 1221, LicketyQuickety wrote:You replaced into a slot that did literally nothing. I'm not liking the easy Town reads you are getting and I'm going to go against popular opinion and say the reasons for you being town have more to do with you replacing into a black slate than anything else.

Heh.

In post 1070, Grib wrote:My slot has essentially done nothing all game, and I don't want to give scum the opportunity to doubtcast me because of it.

Took you long enough to try and use that against me.

I'm probably getting townread because, y'know, I'm trying to solve the game?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1227 (isolation #57) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:24 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 1225, ika wrote:
In post 1224, Grib wrote:You're killing me, dude.

i know, i know.

but grib, i love ya

Ditto, but only if you're being honest about your ability.

Otherwise I'll probably want to strangle you.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1229 (isolation #58) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:56 pm

Post by Grib »

And that Xtoxm is mafia-mafia, not Survivor.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1230 (isolation #59) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:57 pm

Post by Grib »

Also if you're telling the truth, scum probably won't shoot you, which is (y).
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1232 (isolation #60) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:51 pm

Post by Grib »

SIGH
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1240 (isolation #61) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:42 am

Post by Grib »

Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1244 (isolation #62) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:00 am

Post by Grib »

I explained my reads yesterDay.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1246 (isolation #63) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:03 am

Post by Grib »

In post 1245, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1244, Grib wrote:I explained my reads yesterDay.

You should be voting Ika cuz they lied... blatantly.

What is the scum motivation in lying to get a non-town lynched?

Please tell me.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1250 (isolation #64) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:41 am

Post by Grib »

In post 1245, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1244, Grib wrote:I explained my reads yesterDay.

You should be voting Ika cuz they lied... blatantly.

In post 1246, Grib wrote:What is the scum motivation in lying to get a non-town lynched?

Please tell me.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1252 (isolation #65) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:48 am

Post by Grib »

ika is distrustful of 3P claims. They're basically a policy lynch for him.

Plus, ika's meta is to be antitown more often than not. His mood/mindset needs to be gauged to determine his alignment, not his actions. Otherwise he'd be lynched Day 1 of every game.

I'd actually like him to post more, because his gamesolving gung-ho is a little lacking.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1258 (isolation #66) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:17 am

Post by Grib »

In post 1254, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1253, Davsto wrote:Gonna be honest, Lickety's whole going along with ika at first and then suddenly turning on him once he's got the third parties lynched is hella suspicious.

Do you hear yourself right now?

Was I not clear when I said "we are catching Scum no matter what so there is no reason to not sheep Ika since if Xt isn't MAFIA then
we will proceed to vote Ika for not telling the truth
"?

You're lack of understanding to what I am actually saying is pretty astounding.

This looks like you don't care about ika's actual alignment.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1261 (isolation #67) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:23 am

Post by Grib »

Reeeally hoping that lynching the Firebringer/Davsto/Lickety cluster ends the game.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1271 (isolation #68) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:21 am

Post by Grib »

In post 1266, Firebringer wrote:All your reasons suck, because I am town.

Why do you believe you should be townread?

Serious question.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1272 (isolation #69) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:59 pm

Post by Grib »

Gee, I sure wish All Alone or Nana would play the game or get replaced.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1281 (isolation #70) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:14 pm

Post by Grib »

Hm.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Davsto

L-2. No one else vote Davsto for a bit.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1286 (isolation #71) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:28 am

Post by Grib »

Bastard games, man.

Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1298 (isolation #72) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:52 pm

Post by Grib »

Hey Nana, maybe if you played the game, these kinds of things wouldn't happen.

fake edit: what the fuck
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1299 (isolation #73) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:54 pm

Post by Grib »

Like I almost don't give a shit about you being a Mason because you haven't done /anything/. And claiming only after Firebringer got hammered is a load of garbage.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1303 (isolation #74) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:00 pm

Post by Grib »

What? Aren't there 9 alive, 5 majority?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1304 (isolation #75) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:01 pm

Post by Grib »

Man, I really hope Davsto was scum.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1306 (isolation #76) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:38 pm

Post by Grib »

Thank you for your contribution.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1307 (isolation #77) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:01 pm

Post by Grib »

Oh, and happy birthday.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1316 (isolation #78) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:51 am

Post by Grib »

ika.

Firebringer is dead.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1317 (isolation #79) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:54 am

Post by Grib »

If Nana is mafia, then this game is stupid. She was right, she's either a policy vote or a waste of time because she doesn't do anything.

In post 1313, Davsto wrote:Basically I have a day commute. I didn't want to be a distraction, so what I did was ~~disappear~~ during the day so I could sit back and scumhunt without having to get super interactive.. I have some notes on my laptop (which I'll shove on when I have the opportunity) which I made during the day.

I was also told that I would be commuted at night too. Considering I was affected by something, I assume that's a lie.

I hate that you disappeared without a word when you were under pressure. Can you explain to me why I shouldn't think that looks bad for you?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1319 (isolation #80) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:14 am

Post by Grib »

I'm starting to think there is no scumteam this game, unless it's a team of two. We've had /three/ Neutral flips, and Nana claimed to have been converted to Survivor.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1323 (isolation #81) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:19 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 1320, Nana wrote:I am survivor now.

Any votes on me is wasting time.
I think davsto is very scummy for his actions yesterday.

VOTE: Davsto

Why did Firebringer flip Survivor and not Mason, like you claimed?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1340 (isolation #82) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:01 pm

Post by Grib »

Eh, I'll probably vote Nana.

At some point.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (isolation #83) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:02 pm

Post by Grib »

I want Nana to at least answer the questions directed at her.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1353 (isolation #84) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:58 am

Post by Grib »

VOTE: Nana

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”