Mini 427 - Clue Mafia 3 - Game Over - Is this what happened?

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:57 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Accuse Dahen
because I dont think I have before.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Thu May 03, 2007 4:52 am

Post by Ectomancer »

accuse TCS

Jack is being a goofball, but that doesnt make him scum...unfortunately.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (isolation #2) » Mon May 14, 2007 4:01 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Also joining the Jack wagon.

unaccuse, accuse Jack

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (isolation #3) » Tue May 22, 2007 5:42 am

Post by Ectomancer »

unaccuse, accuse BM

I wonder how many votes it will take for a panic claim in this game.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (isolation #4) » Thu May 31, 2007 4:27 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Battle Mage wrote:TCS, i find your vote on Jack a bit opportunistic. i still think you are the play for today.
Opportunistic? He thought he had a tell based on role/flavor. Anyone who re-reads can clearly see that. A Jack wagon wouldnt do him any good anyhow.
Jack is on his own wagon and can jump off at anytime
. That means it still wouldnt help TCS if the deadline came down to himself and Jack.
I heard a term in another game. "Poisoning the well". Your characterization of TCS' vote on Jack as opportunistic is completely, obviously off base, and so I can only assume you are trying to poison his well with unfounded accusations. My vote stays on BM.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (isolation #5) » Thu May 31, 2007 5:25 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Jack wrote:Ecto sounds like scum.
My bad Jack, I missed you hopping off of your wagon.

@BM - it was a blatant mischaracterization of his play. Without the fact that we know different roles are different in the 3 games, it would have been a great find. I'll accept your challenge for tomorrow because I really dont see TCS as scum in this game. I've seen him trying hard to keep these games going, but that is not a scum tell FYI.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (isolation #6) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:50 am

Post by Ectomancer »

unaccuse

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (isolation #7) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:40 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Battle Mage wrote:does that mean that TCS is dead?
Actually no. Technically he only has 3 accusations against him, but even with the votes he would only be at 6.

Acknowledging that I can be wrong at times:
accuse TCS
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:55 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Alrighty. So let's look for ties before we string him up. I'd like to get at least some interesting discussion out of today.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:30 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Ok, Im asking this because I honestly don't know. Is it better to have him claim right away, or after we do a review of his posts? If he does right away, at least then he wont have a chance to scramble if something comes out that would tip him off to avoid certain claims.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (isolation #10) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:32 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Wow, simulposts! I was wondering why it was on page 6 when my reply brought me back to the page and there was already a page 7....

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (isolation #11) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:35 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Well. since Jack was the Vig, and he died last night, MBL, what say you about the claim that you targeted someone who kicked the bucket?

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (isolation #12) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:23 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Battle Mage wrote:
al_kohaulec wrote:I am Mr. Plum, a watcher, and I targetted Jack last night, and I got that MBL targetted him.
that...
actually....
makes SENSE. :shock:

Unvote, Vote: MBL
Uhhh....what? You got a guilty on a watcher, which he may be.....a scum watcher! Did you or did you not get a guilty? Why in the world would you move your vote based on a claim made by the guy you think is scum? Do you have reason to believe that you are insane? Does anyone know of a watcher role that shows a guilty?
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (isolation #13) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:26 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Dahen? Dont lynch the claimed cop, I agree, dont lynch MBL, I agree , but dont lynch al_ko? Say what? Lynch instead the guy who hasn't posted in 30+ days? WTF? Dont you think a mod prod would suit the situation better?

FOS Dahen

accuse al_kohaulec

@BM - get your act together. Despite how many times you have been town acting like scum, eventually you will actually
be
scum. Your latest action is looking to me like it very possibly could be this game. We have room for a mistake, so Im voting al_ko, but you better hope your claimed investigation was correct.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (isolation #14) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:53 am

Post by Ectomancer »

unaccuse

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (isolation #15) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:34 am

Post by Ectomancer »

OMGUS fos much?

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (isolation #16) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:12 am

Post by Ectomancer »

*rattles the silverware*

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (isolation #17) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:00 am

Post by Ectomancer »

MBL was the only person you observed targetting Jack al_ko?

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (isolation #18) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:59 am

Post by Ectomancer »

He had an FBI card.

Im going to give credit to BM's ploy. I dont think claiming Tracker would explain why you got a guilty, except that you didnt get a guilty and he wasnt aware of that. I dont think both of them can be innocent either.

accuse MBL

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (isolation #19) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:51 am

Post by Ectomancer »

His players went inactive too....

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (isolation #20) » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:26 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Im already voting him.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (isolation #21) » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:41 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Haschel Cedricson wrote:
al_kohaulec wrote:I don't remember anybody claiming Mr. Plum.
Really? I remember somebody claiming that.
al_kohaulec, in Post 150 wrote:I am Mr. Plum, a watcher, and I targetted Jack last night, and I got that MBL targetted him.
Accuse: al_kohaulec
accuse: al_ko

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (isolation #22) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:33 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

I think you are all scum, making any lynch a good one. Al_ko could be Mr Dr Professor Plum if he wanted. He still makes a good lynch.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (isolation #23) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:50 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Hmmm.

Actually,
unvote

It was because you were forgetful. I was thinking you were being careless.

However, it occurred to me as I was writing the reply, that if you forgot that you claimed, it was actually more likely that you were forgetful town and not careless scum. The reason being, if you claimed as town, you could forget later that you did, because it isn't all that important for you personally to keep track of. You really only need to know what everyone else has claimed because you know your role.
Scum, on other hand, need to remember if they claimed and what they claimed. They either have to be able to "produce evidence" of the role they claimed, or not claim an entirely different role all together later (oh my). It makes it far less likely that he would forget, and if someone else claimed to have the same name as he did, why would he speak up? 2 guys show up claiming the same name, we're going to lynch until we find the scummy one.

Ho hum.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (isolation #24) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:13 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Have you made a case for a mass claim? I went back looking for one and couldn't find it. Or are you asking someone else to analyze it? I'm not going to support one without having heard a benefit from it.

However, this nugget from DOS does make me think there may be a benefit to a mass claim. I don't think he needs more time to determine what a safe claim would be.
BM, a mass claim could be helpful, but I do not think it will be completely beneficial until we know a little bit more about the roles of this particular game.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (isolation #25) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:17 am

Post by Ectomancer »

EBWOP: Sorry, "he" should have read "scum". I realize DOS already claimed.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (isolation #26) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:30 am

Post by Ectomancer »

You can take from my response that I haven't heard a case for it, but would be open to listening to an argument for it. One would be that the more we find out about everyone else's roles, the easier it is for scum to find a safe claim. If it were an even argument, then if we are going to err, it should be on the side of not mass claiming.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (isolation #27) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:16 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I've seen that suggestion in other games that seemed heavily laden with roles, but the mod tossed in 1 vanilla just to throw that theory off. Anything is possible though.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (isolation #28) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:32 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

I'm a Vig, I think.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (isolation #29) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:15 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

That wasn't part of the discussion. Next in line can go and then we can talk about names and flavor.

Eager?

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (isolation #30) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:04 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Hmm, I thought I did post. I wrote out the response anyhow.

Im not going to provide the information. Battle Mage, you are in no way confirmed, and I don't think anyone assigned you as ring leader. It was never discussed whether we would claim names and flavor after claiming role. Personally I think the role claims should be made and then we decide who needs to come out with the rest of the information in what order. After a discussion is had
between all of the players
, then I will give name and flavor, but certainly not because Battle Mage demands it.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (isolation #31) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:09 am

Post by Ectomancer »

You have no trap at all BM. Did you not read where I said "I think"? Is that when you came up with your grand scheme? The entire reason I said "I think" is because my targets, of which you are one of them, are not dead. Why aren't you dead BM? Can you answer that properly? I know Godfather's don't die when you target them. Do you have another explanation for it?

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (isolation #32) » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:22 am

Post by Ectomancer »

There are 2 SK's and 2 Vig's that I know of so far, the speculation is that everyone has a power role, so I see no reason why there couldn't be a 2nd Godfather or other unnightkillable role for scum. The point of my attack on BM is that he is acting as though he is confirmed, when that isn't the case. And DOS, there have been only 2 nights. Now there are a myriad of other reasons why he might not be dead, but if you dont mind, let him answer it himself.

DOS, I sent in targets, and they didn't die, and I didn't get any message indicating that I may have been roleblocked or anything else. Without quoting my PM, I was to go through the house when it was dark to find the killer and stop them.
And not that it really matters, but I'm Miss Scarlet.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (isolation #33) » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:50 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Battle Mage wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:There are 2 SK's and 2 Vig's that I know of so far, the speculation is that everyone has a power role, so I see no reason why there couldn't be a 2nd Godfather or other unnightkillable role for scum. The point of my attack on BM is that he is acting as though he is confirmed, when that isn't the case. And DOS, there have been only 2 nights. Now there are a myriad of other reasons why he might not be dead, but if you dont mind, let him answer it himself.

DOS, I sent in targets, and they didn't die, and I didn't get any message indicating that I may have been roleblocked or anything else. Without quoting my PM, I was to go through the house when it was dark to find the killer and stop them.
And not that it really matters, but I'm Miss Scarlet.
Ecto, the only way i could possibly be scum, is if AlKo was also scum. Unless you think i am some sort of UnNKable Mafia Tracker. rofl.
Anyway, i still want your list of targets, though i'm pretty confident with a
Vote: Ectomancer
in the meantime. I'll explain more when he has stopped being so arrogant, and tried to help the town, rather than hinder it. :x

BM
Im not hindering the town and you are being arrogant yourself with your "Im in charge" attitude.
I want the rest of the claims before you suck me dry. I also have questions I want answered, and Im not going to tell you everything until I hear some things myself.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (isolation #34) » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:45 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

I said my piece. You asked for a mass claim and we agreed. Going back on that word now and saying that my ENTIRE CLAIM is the only one that matters is a load of crap.

I role claimed and name claimed,
now Mass Claim like we agreed
, or do whatever it is you think you can do on your own BM. I'm not giving you the entire package. It was never agreed upon, and I could care less about your threats.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (isolation #35) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:47 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

You aren't half as clever as you think you are BM. I am still awaiting the rest of the claims. No, I dont trust you in the least, and you flatter yourself if you think I will ever "suck up" to you. In fact, you were singled out in my question about why you werent dead specifically because I didn't trust you. Why? You screwed up.

Lets look at claims after knowledge was divulged shall we?

Remember BM claiming a Guilty investigation?

Then he claimed that he wasnt a cop, he was a tracker and then he divulged his target and who they targeted
after Alko had already divulged that information
Battle Mage wrote:speaking of avoiding things, why are you avoiding the question posed to you?
Believe me, i have a VERY good reason for asking for this information. If you are a Watcher, you can be 99.9% sure that i am town,
simply because i knew who you targetted 2 nights back.
Please trust me, and say who you WATCHED last night.
Remember, i don't want your result, just the name of your target.

thanks,
BM
I bolded the relevant part. Uhh say what? Alko said who he targeted, NOT BM.

And then suddenly we have BM claiming that he is confirmed by Alko and starts trying to dominate the direction of our game.

Dude, you dont have to be a tracker to tell people who they targeted after they tell you who it was. It also doesn't take a genius to say they targeted me after I said I tried to kill you. I doubted you being a tracker to begin with, so your "I've got information that you arent a Vig didnt bother me at all".
However, everyone else notice that he used Alko's statement and target to claim tracker, then browbeat me until I got irritated at him and spilled the beans that I targeted him last night, and the LOW AND BEHOLD! HE TARGETED ME!
Why do you think I wanted claims out before we got around to the rest of the information? You are trying to bully a victory BM, and Im not having it.

vote Battle Mage

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (isolation #36) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:39 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I targeted Chaotic Diablo. He didn't die, and I got no message back indicating that I was roleblocked.
And you are right. Im not a Vig. Im a 3rd SK (I think, remembering nobody died. I need the rest of the claims and targets to figure wtf is going on with my role).
Im supposed to be offing Mr Boddy and his informants so I can safely resume my escort business.

I'm wondering how many other SK'd we have.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (isolation #37) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:23 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Im not scum. Im an SK. That means I contribute to the number that opposes scum. You would be better off finding the main group against the town. It's already been proven that you arent up against an entire cluster of SK's because we managed to get a Godfather. I'd look at the numbers again if I were you.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (isolation #38) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:23 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

al_kohaulec wrote:BTW, I'm one of those players who considers SK a scum role.
I see.
I'm still not the play.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (isolation #39) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:05 am

Post by Ectomancer »

You are advocating a losing strategy for town BM. NOW people, go back and look at what I said about him. I may be an SK, but Im not mafia, and what I said about BM's moves are factual and can be read for yourself. Look at the timeline.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (isolation #40) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:34 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I was up front about my own suspicions concerning my role because of a lack of a kill. The rest of the claims and targets would help to confirm or refute my claim. I've asked for it, but you insist on shutting down doing what would actually shed some light to the situation. I said before that scum didn't need more time to figure out a safe claim. I still insist on that notion. I'm still trying to either win, or at least bring this game to a tie somehow. You can label me whatever you wish, but an enemy of my enemy can be my ally at times. If you were town, you would be helping me to make sure that the scum group doesn't get to an equal number as the sum of town and me.
I'm not insisting that we lynch BM instead of me, but if he is town, he needs to back off. If he is scum, then I could understand why he would persist in lynching me today. I'm one less player in opposition to them.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (isolation #41) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:09 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Battle Mage wrote: You are making out like we are in LyLo, but we arent even close. At most, i reckon we have 2 enemies to the town left, of which you are 1.

BM
MOS sent you the game setup?

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (isolation #42) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:47 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Good luck with that.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (isolation #43) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:51 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I never said I was out to make sure the town loses. I said I was out to secure a win, or at least a tie for me. Im not against the town, Im in it for me, so no, I don't agree to your plan. Right now I think scum is a far greater threat to my goals.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (isolation #44) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:29 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Accuse Haschel
Sorry, I'm out for myself.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (isolation #45) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:19 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Haschel Cedricson wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:
Accuse Haschel
Sorry, I'm out for myself.
You've been outed, dude. Unless you somehow win tonight, then you're sure to be lynched tomorrow.

So do you want to be beaten by many or by just one?
There are reasons to keep me around.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (isolation #46) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:41 am

Post by Ectomancer »

al_kohaulec wrote:
Accuse: Ecto
A hasty vote by you al_ko. Let's talk about things you are not talking about.
If you are a watcher, who did you watch last night and why? What happened?
BM stopped a mass claim and we've never gotten back to it. If you are scum hunting, you would think you would like to get back to it.

Basically, I'm not doubting you as a watcher, but you aren't making town moves and haven't been.

Here is the deal, Im out here, exposed and in the open. I'm scum hunting because I have to in order to win or tie. You don't have to go looking for me when it's time to off me. You know right where I am, my scum group of 1 can only endgame you if there is only 1 other person.

How about some discussion before you make a poor lynch decision?

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (isolation #47) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:53 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Well there was that question, but also, who killed BM last night?

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (isolation #48) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:12 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

al_kohaulec wrote:Thanks Skruffs, I need to update that in my notes :P

I would say claims first, then you declare your result. Give scum a little bit less chance to... do something, I don't know what :P. But I think it'll be better to let others claim first.

DoS, I'd be interested in seeing who you want to claim first.
/agree

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (isolation #49) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:08 am

Post by Ectomancer »

If c_d didn't target DOS last night, then I must be insane, because nobody I target dies. This role sucks, whatever it is.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (isolation #50) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:33 am

Post by Ectomancer »

What reason would I have to lie? If al_ko lied, it would make sense for me to expose him as one and get him lynched instead of me.
Once again I ask, who killed BM? My process of elimination left me with Ancalagon, which has been replaced by Skruffs.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (isolation #51) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:18 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Horrible idea.

You kill me, Skruffs kills tonight, then sends in lights out at the beginning of the day tomorrow and kills again, leaving 3 of you. Care to hazard a guess as to who those 3 will be? If you don't know, or can't guess, go ahead and lynch me.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (isolation #52) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:16 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Skruffs, your statement looks like swiss cheese.
First of all, we aren't at 4 players, we are at 6. There is one person unaccounted for last night and that is you. Therefore you ARE in danger of being lynched today, meaning that the decision of whether to claim that ability was barely your choice.
I do admire the way you portray your ability as "being able to prevent a lynch", while really it is just a way to take us directly to night and more scum night actions.
I also admire the way you portrayed your role in that ending. What you failed to notice, but I did not, was that you admitted that your role was one that tried to get someone else in the house killed, and that person wasn't a murderer.
In point of fact, I believe taht you have just outed yourself as some version of a Traitor.
Most commonly the Traitor knows who is in the Mafia, but the Mafia do not know who the Traitor is. The Traitor works, through his or her Vote, to keep the Mafia from getting Lynched.
Your ability to turn off the lights and go to night makes sense in that context.

This quote had me confused, because something was wrong with it. Once I realized what your role might be though, it made total sense.
Hmmmm. I don't think that any of the serial killers had any other abilities, except waddsworth.
My only question is, why didn't you save MBL? The answer is that he was caught red handed with cross confirmation. His main blunder was to send in the kill himself and not you, but I guess he figured being investigation immune would save his skin if suspected. He just didn't plan on a tracker AND a watcher being on hand to account for everyone's actions. The way BM played that pretty much prevented you from saving his butt.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (isolation #53) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:57 am

Post by Ectomancer »

DOS and Dahen. You two are town. I think there is one other town. I'm an SK (once again, I think because I thought SK's were able to nightkill). We had a Godfather. I think that means a possibility of 2 goons. I don't believe this game would not have an informed minority.
If you kill me, scum kill tonight, and there are 2 scum, town loses.
If you kill someone else we think is scum, if they turn up SK, then I could totally be wrong and there was a solo Godfather (but everyone else SK's? I still don't buy that). Lynch me tomorrow then, because it wont matter for town either way. If we strike scum though, we no lynch tomorrow, scum will kill someone off (most likely me, jerk) and town wins, or if he kills town, then it will be the 3 of us deciding what to do. My vote then of course will be to lynch the scum and for me to tie with town.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (isolation #54) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:42 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I targeted c_d on night 1.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (isolation #55) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:45 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

chaotic_diablo wrote:
Skruffs wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:I targeted c_d on night 1.
Can't trust you. You're anti-town.
I stated my claims back when tracker and watcher both were alive and I couldn't know whether they tracked or watched me or not, therefore I've had to be truthful in my targets. Skruffs just missed that fact when he was listing night actions and I refreshed his memory on it.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (isolation #56) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:14 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

chaotic_diablo wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:
chaotic_diablo wrote:
Skruffs wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:I targeted c_d on night 1.
Can't trust you. You're anti-town.
I stated my claims back when tracker and watcher both were alive and I couldn't know whether they tracked or watched me or not, therefore I've had to be truthful in my targets. Skruffs just missed that fact when he was listing night actions and I refreshed his memory on it.
N1, BM tracked al_ko and al_ko watched Jack. Both were preoccupied and could not have tracked or watched you at all. That was revealed Day two, before you stated your claims.
Alright, I still had no reason to lie about a night 1 target. It was also before all the roles were known, so even had I been inclined to lie, it would have been a huge hit if caught. I don't like to lie, even as scum, because lies just have a way of entangling you, so my MO is not to tell them.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (isolation #57) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:45 am

Post by Ectomancer »

dahen wrote:I didn't block you Skruffs. I blocked Ectomancer, since he had admitted being a SK.
This means that either Alko is lying or that my block didn't work for some reason.

Ecto: Did you get notified of the my role blocking of you?
All: A cop naturally gets notified if being blocked (no result back), but what about scum? I've been scum to seldom here at MS.

FOS Alko
I didn't get notified, and I haven't gotten a message that I've been roleblocked on any of the nights during the game. Once again, this kind of thing is why I was wanting to know if I was roleblocked earlier, and kept after the mass claim so I could get some information on what exactly is the deal with me. I send in targets, clearly I am getting there because people are seeing me over there, but what am I doing exactly? Wandering around and looking into people's underwear drawers? Shouldn't I get notified that for some reason, I was obstructed from doing whatever I'm trying to do?

Also Dahen, this takes me back to my question at the start of the day, which is, who killed BM? I was seen targeting DOS, you say you blocked me and DOS is still alive. Skruffs is the only person that I cant account for, he wasn't roleblocked by you, and who else could have done the killing?

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (isolation #58) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:48 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Skruffs wrote:I've never heard of a situation where, when a kill is blocked, the killer is notified. When I modded early morning, i didn't notify the killers when the kill didn't go through - killers shouldn't know if it didn't go through because of doctor or blocker.
I've experienced just the opposite. I've played in a game with roleblock flavor so that you got different messages depending upon which roleblocker in game stopped you. Now, if your target didnt die, and not because you were roleblocked, THEN you got no message at all.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (isolation #59) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:50 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Yeah, I'm here to kill Mr. Boddy and his informants, which are either the scum group, or Mr Boddy and the other SK's. Either way, Mr Boddy belongs to a scum group.
I certainly don't see how the Cop, Cook, or Maid (or the Motorist or FBI agent) falls into the category of informant or Mr Boddy. Mr Plum does, so by process of elimination, the two of you are the remaining scum.
The question remains, are you two working together? If so, killing me is an instant win for scum.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (isolation #60) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:34 am

Post by Ectomancer »

No Dahen, you lose there too, or at best hope to gain a tie. You lynch me, someone dies tonight, Skruffs throws it straight to night for another kill. That leaves Skruffs, town, and al_ko on the last day. Most of the likely scenarios from that don't work out in town's favor. Skruffs could also no kill, leaving al_ko a lynch tomorrow, then kill you that night, toss it into night right away the next day and kills again, leaving a tie the next day that he wins.
Dude, you cant leave Skruffs alive today.
Remember the fact that you are ignoring as well, al_ko saw me target DOS, I was blocked as well so I certainly couldnt have killed BM, which leaves one person who could have done it. Why are you ignoring that there was a murder last night that has not been accounted for in your theory?

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (isolation #61) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:22 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Hmmm, I've never assumed that a block means that you were unable to leave your house, just that your action itself is blocked. If being blocked means you should never show up at your location at all, then you have a point.
DOS, did you ever investigate an SK? What result did you get? I wish you had investigated me at some point now just so we could know what result you would get.
As far as the moves last night, I
did
visit DOS last night, so if Al_ko didnt track me, once again he got lucky and guessed. I stated already that I've not gotten a message back at all at night, and my targets have all been alive the next day.
Dahen could have said he roleblocked me because I made no secret that I'm not able to kill and suspected being roleblocked.
Also something I just realized. Isn't c_d a doc? If he targeted DOS last night, then Dahen didn't need to block me at all (assuming I can kill and have been very unlucky). So actually Skruffs, you are right. I didn't get a message last night, which makes me think I wasn't blocked, but more likely that my target didn't die because the Doc saved his life.
There is a missing kill somewhere, I thought I could prove who did it, but you are right, there is still some ambiguity there...

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (isolation #62) » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:23 am

Post by Ectomancer »

dahen wrote:Ecto, you have many theories right now.
One of them seems to be that you are SK and that Alko and Skruffs are scum too. Could you give any support to that theory from the lynches and/or night results from the earlier in the game?

I believe that one of Alko or Skruffs is scum with you. I also believe that you think that you have a chance to win even though you have admitted to be a SK. I'd like to narrow down the numbers of known killers so that my block has more of a chance to succeed.
2 kills night 1, assuming that Jack killed Billy. Scum kills Jack.
Jack is dead and now we get no kill night 2.
Night 2, either someone is lying, or we are missing some information about roles, most likely from Skruffs.
Night 3 the only person unaccounted for is skruffs. I dont buy Skruffs casting suspicion on Dahen twice now (he keeps forgetting Dahen is confirmed)

Personally, I dont think that the game balance is off if you consider that we have no examples of an SK killing anyone. 5 town with power roles, 3 scum with power roles, against 4 SK who can only kill by lynching. I would say that I believe 2 scum and 5 SK would be a better balance, but both of them appear to have power roles, while I have none and no SK has been shown to have 1 either.

vote Skruffs
I have no night kill, and with his ability to throw it directly into night again tomorrow morning, he is the biggest threat I face, especially if both he and al_ko were to turn up scum. This is the only time we really have to deal with him.
Then don't reveal who you will block tonight (if anyone), or who will be watched. The most suspicious can then be forced to reveal what they did before the confirming player. I say this because Im assuming he will throw it directly into night if it looks like he might be lynched.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (isolation #63) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:12 am

Post by Ectomancer »

You can say that there is no mafia all that you want, and you can continue your speculation on setup, but the following facts remain.
Someone died last night while I was not only watched, but also blocked.
No SK has been shown to have any other abilities.
No SK has been shown to even be able to kill at all.
Both you and al_ko have claimed/demonstrated roles. Yours isn't proven yet, because the lights are still on, but that claim still remains.
Now, out of all the players that remain, Skruffs is the most dangerous with his ability to force back to back nights (back to back scum kills). It has become apparent (to me at least) that I dont have a nightkill to use against you either, so even if I get someone lynched besides myself, I still cant counter your night actions. I have to get you lynched. I don't think you are town, making you equally as great a danger to town for the same reasons.

I don't know how tomorrow will go, honestly I don't have a decent plan to win or even tie until I see what we are left with. What I do know is that neither myself, nor town can win if we lynch anyone other than Skruffs today.

And no, I never said that there was 2 town, 2 SK, and 2 scum. Nice try with your specualtion though. Right now there are likely 3 town, 1 SK, and then 2 others, most likely scum, though it is possible one is only an SK. Since Al_ko's claim seems to be backed up by what he has witnessed, that would leave you for the only possible remaining SK, since your claim hasn't been proven, and in fact you made a claim that town doesnt
want
to see proven at this point because it would essentially be a no lynch today.
Either you can really take it to night as you say, which means you are as dangerous as I laid out already, or you are an SK who is lying about having an ability, and killing you today instead of me wont make a lick of difference.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (isolation #64) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:18 am

Post by Ectomancer »

chaotic_diablo wrote:
Skruffs wrote:Dahen, what gives you the impression i could be scum? If al_ko turns out to be a watcher, you and me are the only ones unaccounted for regarding BM's'death - and you also will have been proven to have not blocked ecto, like you claim.
Ectomancer has succesfully blocked DOS and HC. DOS has even confirmed dahen's alignment. The only ways dahen can turn up scum are:
1. DOS has random sanity
2. DOS is scum
3. dahen has investigative-immune abilities coupled with his RBing abilities and killing abilities

All cases are unlikely.

In the scenario listed in skruffs posts, it means the target of a night choice isn't canceled, only the effects of it.
This is why my speculations on the remaining scum have not included Dahen. By the way, the manner in which you kept "forgetting" and going after Dahen also fits in with the SkruffsScum. Dahen is the only one who can directly prevent you from killing at night.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (isolation #65) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:15 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Skruffs wrote:Rm.
WHo would my mafia partner be? And why would hte mafia have someone who woulud have to be lynched not once, but twice?
And why do you keep saying that Alko is confirmed when he claims to have seen you target someone on a night you were blocked?
You continue to assume that a block prevents a person from leaving home, and not that it would merely prevent you from performing your night action, however I labor under no such assumption. Tongue-in-cheek here, I would say I could agree with you partially, but only because it seems that my only night function is to walk from person to person, so if I were actually role blocked I shouldn't be walking around :roll: But seriously, you really think al_ko is just that lucky of a guesser?

You are also attempting to disseminate false information, and I dont think this is the first time. We do not need to lynch you twice. In fact, by the rules of the game, if we were to get a lynch vote before you used your ability and turned off the lights, you would be dead. No, you have to use it before you get lynched, which is why you are spreading mis-information when you say we have to lynch you twice. We don't.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (isolation #66) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:54 am

Post by Ectomancer »

dahen wrote:
Skruffs wrote: I have, for the record, never heard of a roleblocker that keeps someone from doing their action but not from visiting. Yvette would presumably be using her skills as a call girl on her targets. I can think of no situation where, say, she decided to 'roleblock' ms. Scarlet, and in the middle of their hot n'heavy prostitute-on-Madam action, Scarlet wanders off...with a candlestick or whatnot... Intending to kill... and instead, just looks at someone, wanders back, and resumes their flagrande d'lecto or whatever it's called.
This is the most entertaining post I've read here. :D

It is correct that I block using my experience in handling men. However, when my ability is later stated it does not refer to gender. I have thought it over, though, and I'm pleased that all remaining characters are men (except for Ecto who we will lynch).

It's also possible that I cannot block Ecto since she is the one running my business, though.
That would make you aligned with me....

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (isolation #67) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:29 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

chaotic_diablo wrote:You know, I really want to drop the hammer, end the day, and see what comes up. I agree that Ecto is feeding us a bunch BS to confuse us.
None of it is BS. If you lynch me you might be safe and gain a win. However, there is also a chance that town will lose if I am right. There is no reason that I cant be lynched tomorrow because it wont matter. I don't have the ability to throw it right back into night again.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (isolation #68) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:38 am

Post by Ectomancer »

/struggles weakly

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (isolation #69) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:20 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Skruffs wrote::D
yay
To quote Mr. Green:
"I *TOLD* you I didn't do it!"
Yeah, I killed BM last night. When al_ko said that he saw me targeting someone else, I knew he had something in mind and that he was the other scum. So of course I went along with it, and tried to use BM's death as reason to kill Skruffs. I still didnt see a way to pull off a win or tie, but I was going to keep trying anyhow.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”