Mafia Theory
Mafia Theory
Townie
Mafia Theory
Townie
Townie

Post Post #587 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:05 pm

Post by Mafia Theory »

In post 586, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:As a heads up, I am going to be hydra-ing with Mastin2, i.e. a hydra of me and Mastin2 (Mafia Theory) will replace me.

Looking forward to posting a shit-ton of analysis tonight.
Indeed.
Mafia Theory
Mafia Theory
Townie
Mafia Theory
Townie
Townie

Post Post #588 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:13 pm

Post by Mafia Theory »

In post 567, pitoli wrote:
Kagami (1)
: Paschendale
F-16_Fighting_Falcon (4)
: Mykonian, ActionDan, Brian Skies, BROseidon
Paschendale (3)
: Plum, Tammy, Kazekirimaru
BROseidon (3)
: Pieguyn, Bert, Kagami

Not Voting (2)
: zMuffinMan, F-16
Yo. Give me the quick rundown of why the hell I'm the lead wagon. Obviously the people on the wagon, but I'm actually most interested in hearing from Pasch, the people on the other two wagons (in particular, Tammy, Pie, and Bert), and zMuff.

Also, an equal rundown on the Pasch wagon and the BRO wagon.

I saw we're short on time, but I'm sure as hell not keen on getting lynched immediately after having been specially requested to come into the game. So I need results. Immediately. On all the wagons. If there's scum in them, to make sure they get lynched. And if not, to speedwagon the shit out of someone who actually is. 'Cause right now? Not exactly warm fuzzy feelings. Blindly going into things, I'm town, Pasch is a fairly easy mislynch, and BRO isn't an easy mislynch which makes me wonder why the hell he has a wagon as large as it is. So I need explanations here. Immediately. Of why this is a scum-Pasch (not a mislynchable town-Pasch) and why this is a scum-BROseidon who's been caught rather than a town-BROseidon ticking people off.
Mafia Theory
Mafia Theory
Townie
Mafia Theory
Townie
Townie

Post Post #589 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:18 pm

Post by Mafia Theory »

In post 561, Tammy wrote:My biggest concern is that falcon is scum and I'm hesitant to scum read him because we signed up hoping we'd both draw town and kick ass.
He's town. And since I'm him, now, too, if you're town (need you postin' here), then we can.
Mafia Theory
Mafia Theory
Townie
Mafia Theory
Townie
Townie

Post Post #590 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:29 pm

Post by Mafia Theory »

In post 555, zMuffinMan wrote:i dunno why my reads are so opposite everyone else's
Generally either because you're scum or you're arguing with scum. :P

Blindly off of posting, I've not gotten enough to tell which, but I lean towards the latter off of what little I've seen. You seem town. And a town-you is fairly awesome from my memory, so that means that those arguing against you are either being idiots or scum. A skim of this playerlist makes me lean towards the latter, given that I respect a fair number of them to not be idiots. :P
In post 553, zMuffinMan wrote:Kinda wanna run around and desert you: 2 of {Plum, F16, BRO} (less sure about BRO - he actually might be town :/), 1 of {Tammy, Kaze} (prob Kaze, dunno, not something i wanna look into too deeply today)
Gimme the rundown on Plum and BRO, and on Tammy and Kaze. In particular, BRO and Kaze.

(No, I'm not going to be working backwards forever. I'm just going back far enough to see posts from the players I want to interact most with. And even then, majorly skimming; I'm planning that readthrough later, from chronological order.)

My gut-reaction to Tammy is that she's town from what I've seen. Similar for Bert.

Gonna throw down a tentative VOTE: Plum, since it's my best lead at the moment.

Pasch reads as sorta town, too.

All of this is basically skim-reading megatime the last few pages, though.

Also, worth noting, this is a site-wide thingy now, but for the next two months or so, Mondays will not be my day for mafia. I have to get up at 4 am on Tuesdays, warranting a necessarily-earlier sleep time.
Mafia Theory
Mafia Theory
Townie
Mafia Theory
Townie
Townie

Post Post #591 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:37 pm

Post by Mafia Theory »

Basic rundown right now, though. Myk's a figure of interest, though I haven't seen anything he's posted, yet. ActionDan I haven't seen much of, and I'm not really familiar with his scum meta, but it kinda looked vaguely town. (I'll get back to you. He'll probably be town if he keeps his vote on me, though. :P) Brian Skies is a null with nothing, whereas BROseidon is a null who I've seen the posting of but can't judge for certain at the moment. (I'll need to see others' thoughts on him, along with his, pardon the term, trajectory in posting.) Plum looks slightly bad to me. Need more Kaze, Pie, and Kagami.

Pasch looks like town, as does Tammy, Bert, and zMuff. But I need basically double that in townreads. Also, I'm going to ask F-16 basically the same things I'm asking of you, so you can look forward to that.

In the mean time, I might as well put in the request (even though I have a fair idea of the answer), but...
Mod: can we get a deadline extension?

'Cause honestly, the clock's a bit
too
tight for me to be fully unleashing the Mastin magic; I've already basically run out of time for today.
Mafia Theory
Mafia Theory
Townie
Mafia Theory
Townie
Townie

Post Post #689 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:40 am

Post by Mafia Theory »

I asked Mastin to hydra with me because despite having good reads, I have trouble getting town to follow my reads or even believing me. Mastin on the other hand generally has no problem doing that. We hydra'd before in a different game so I thought it would be fun.

Why are you suspicious of me, Tammy?
Mafia Theory
Mafia Theory
Townie
Mafia Theory
Townie
Townie

Post Post #692 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:46 am

Post by Mafia Theory »

In post 594, Paschendale wrote:9 days isn't enough, Mastin? (Are Mastin and Mastin2 the same person?)
One day isn't, not really anyway. :P
(And, yes. Duh.)
Edit:
Well, I feel stupid. I read it as us having only one day left 'til deadline. 8 days is plenty.
In post 596, Kazekirimaru wrote:Mastin, you're giving off a similar vibe to when you replaced into my scum slot in Les Misérables. That's bad.
It'd be bad if it had any basis, but right now, I'm wondering what the hell you're smoking that makes you think my entrance is anything like that game. :P
In post 607, pieguyn wrote:
In post 588, Mafia Theory wrote:Also, an equal rundown on the Pasch wagon and the BRO wagon.
1. made a jump on me with a sketchy reason
2. when pressured, uses false logic, strawmans, misreps, etc. and thinks he can just brush suspicion of him off
3. when I showed it was false he stuck to it and is still preaching it instead of admitting he's wrong
4. his actions blatantly don't match his words. he was working on the assumption that people don't know flavor but then threw this out the window to say I was "posturing based on flavor". when pressured claims that had nothing to do with it even though it blatantly did. there's also his idea that "townies lose their train of thought" which he apparently forgot about to say that I forgot where my flavor assumption came from, which he also painted as scummy even though it's not. when pressured about this he covers it up by redacting it to "but you forgot his NAME" even though I didn't
5. AND NOW HE'S WALKING AWAY AND TRYING TO SWEEP THE WHOLE THING UNDER THE RUG BC HE KNOWS IF HE CONTINUES HE'LL GET CAUGHT
and the big one is:
6. thinks I'm scum bc BS shouldn't be capitalized :cool:
Alright. Will look into it as soon as possible. (Got a limited window of time right now.)
In post 622, zMuffinMan wrote:
mastin wrote:I'm sure as hell not keen on getting lynched immediately after having been specially requested to come into the game
what did f16 say when he specially requested you come into the game?
He asked me to mentor him. Basically, the conversation started because he thinks that I have some sort of magical presence, a presence that makes his reads be more accurate AND him be more persuasive. (It works even when I'm not sharing his slot.) In other words, because he thinks that I'm going to turn him from D1 mislynch into D1 nightkill. :P (That's basically what happened in the game spawning the discussion. His slot was the main suspect D1; he came in and became the N1 nightkill.)
In post 624, zMuffinMan wrote:and why haven't you talked to f16 about his thoughts on the game yet?
Haven't had the chance. Haven't had extensive time to either check QTs or my messages. I'm going to do so tonight.
In post 688, Plum wrote:
In post 590, Mafia Theory wrote:Gonna throw down a tentative VOTE: Plum, since it's my best lead at the moment.
On the basis of having a Townread on good-scumhunter Muffin, whose suspects include your slot, Bro whom you're reading Town, and me. Just to make sure I follow here.
Nope, but you assuming that makes me feel much better about the vote anyway. :P I voted you for not liking the posts that I saw on my skim of recent pages. Any other players not liking you is entirely coincidental.
Mafia Theory
Mafia Theory
Townie
Mafia Theory
Townie
Townie

Post Post #696 (isolation #7) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:27 pm

Post by Mafia Theory »

Bert, why do you think that I don't believe in my scumgame? While I don't deny that my scumgame is bad, you've only ever seen me as scum in my two best scumgames and been quite impressed. I want to know what caused you to think my scumgame is bad.

Tammy, why is Kaze town?
Mafia Theory
Mafia Theory
Townie
Mafia Theory
Townie
Townie

Post Post #699 (isolation #8) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:53 pm

Post by Mafia Theory »

How is it indicative of alignment? Do you believe I would be comfortable if I am about to get mislynched as town?
Mafia Theory
Mafia Theory
Townie
Mafia Theory
Townie
Townie

Post Post #712 (isolation #9) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:27 pm

Post by Mafia Theory »

@ Tammy, well I am not scum. I am trying to make sense of the game as well and so far I am having a hard time because I keep scumeading people that annoy me and that throws my reads off completely. If you explain why you find me scummy, I'll happily explain my thought processes like I did in the BB:HoH game and stop you from mislynching.
Mafia Theory
Mafia Theory
Townie
Mafia Theory
Townie
Townie

Post Post #715 (isolation #10) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:53 pm

Post by Mafia Theory »

Pie, what are your other reads looking like?
Mafia Theory
Mafia Theory
Townie
Mafia Theory
Townie
Townie

Post Post #725 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:13 pm

Post by Mafia Theory »

In post 724, Kazekirimaru wrote:Eh. Nope. You're probably scum.
I gave up trying to convince you a while ago because you are either scum or tunneled on me but I came into this game wanting to scumhunt with Tammy and I'll continuing trying to find scum whether you like it or not. And we'll peg the shit out of scum and win the game.
Mafia Theory
Mafia Theory
Townie
Mafia Theory
Townie
Townie

Post Post #729 (isolation #12) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:17 pm

Post by Mafia Theory »

In post 728, BROseidon wrote:
In post 675, Tammy wrote:Bro - what do you think of mastin's entrance?
It's meh. Not as bad as his Anything Goes entrance, but not great either. Does nothing to convince me that he's not scum.
Why are you convinced that we are scum again?
Mafia Theory
Mafia Theory
Townie
Mafia Theory
Townie
Townie

Post Post #734 (isolation #13) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:37 pm

Post by Mafia Theory »

In post 731, BROseidon wrote:Because I wouldn't expect F-16 to be so dense as town, and then try to use obfuscation to get under my skin.
I have obfuscated nothing. You haven't even provided any reasoning for why I am scum. If you are town, stop doing this and actually try to engage my arguments. That way, even if I get lynched, I'd at least come up with scumreads that go further than "this person is annoying" and actually might be able to leave a trail that others can pick up to win the game. As of this moment, I am left wondering "stupid or scum?" And that is not good. For instance, you use words like "dense" and "obfuscation." They seems like pointless buzzwords that don't tell me anything about you or your affiliation other than that you are an asshole. Can you please talk in a non-assholish way and at least give me the best shot at finding scum before you lynch me?
Mafia Theory
Mafia Theory
Townie
Mafia Theory
Townie
Townie

Post Post #735 (isolation #14) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:43 pm

Post by Mafia Theory »

On another note, Mastin had some unexpected real life things that came up so it'll just be me for a couple of days although I think he'll be back after that.
Mafia Theory
Mafia Theory
Townie
Mafia Theory
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1559 (isolation #15) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:50 am

Post by Mafia Theory »

In post 1549, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:Arr that not be how me role pm have weak phrased at all!
Check again. It's a passive ability. Not active. Named Cowardice. Preventing the use of the 3D gear.
Mafia Theory
Mafia Theory
Townie
Mafia Theory
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1564 (isolation #16) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:01 pm

Post by Mafia Theory »

Look.
THE DAMN FLAVOR SAYS I HAVE A 3-D GEAR, BUT CAN'T USE IT.
Read the damn flavor.

Against titans, trepidation unable to use it. No abilities. It's a passive. I can't get any more clear than that.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”