BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #69 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:48 pm

Post by BROseidon »

If we were judging based on flavor, Annie would make no sense as a miller given how the manga goes (btw the manga is like 10000000x better than the anime). Since flavor isn't alignment indicative, Bert's probably town.*

I'm assuming F-16 has some sort of history with pie that would cause him to reach out there over me or muffin.

wtf is Mykonian's read list.

VOTE: Pie

I don't like the way you're pushing the Annie flavor based on the anime when the game's based on the manga, with Annie's alignment in the manga being incredibly clear. It's like you're simultaneously trying to write-off the flavor while using it to potentially position an attack later.

*subject to change based on how much he leverages the equity on his claim. Weak thing also needs to be explained.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #150 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:52 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 79, Kagami wrote:Because flavor isn't alignment indicative, it is very unlikely that scum were given a fake-claim. There's no way bert would know to claim weak unless he is town.
Go read Sabo mafia, where EtL smoked XScorp b/c of an assumption like this.

This is a terrible assumption to make.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #151 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:56 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 108, Kagami wrote:Ok, here's what weak means:

You do not have maneuver gear.

In the advertisement for the game, it specifically says that the HUMAN faction gets maneuver gear, so it makes no sense for the scum, who already lack the gear, to get the special prefix.
Yeah.

Scum were told this.

Otherwise this setup would be dumb.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #152 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:58 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 116, Bert wrote:
In post 115, Paschendale wrote:Isn't claiming right away considered optimal play for an actual miller?
Well, I heard claiming miller right away was good. But, I can't remember who told me that way back when. Never actually drawn the role before until now.

I didn't mean to stir setup speculation and thought flavor and stuff was all just that - uncertain and flavorful, not necessarily alignment indicative - I was just claiming miller because I felt obligated to.
The way you've derped through everything looks town.

I'd don't think scum-you could pull this off.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #154 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:07 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 127, pieguyn wrote:
In post 69, BROseidon wrote:I don't like the way you're pushing the Annie flavor based on the anime when the game's based on the manga, with Annie's alignment in the manga being incredibly clear. It's like you're simultaneously trying to write-off the flavor while using it to potentially position an attack later.
oh lord
you're scum aren't you
this reminds me of how you jumped on Varsoon in imperishable night early game with a sketchy reason and iirc completely ignored everything else

I haven't seen the anime or read the manga .-. so I didn't know any of this, nor was I paying attention to exactly what this game was based off of, nor did I know this bc no one brought up the manga. so you're kind of right in that I'm not really paying much attention to the flavor, but I'm using what I'm picking up of it to try to figure out stuff

what makes you think I'm familiar with the manga?
In post 69, BROseidon wrote:wtf is Mykonian's read list.
holy shit you really are scum
vote: BRO
1) You suck at reading me.
2) I make early pressure moves regardless of alignment
3) Um...:
In post 68, pieguyn wrote:flavor doesn't determine alignment, which means that especially given annie's alignment in series was left unresolved annie's alignment in game could be just about anything
In post 127, pieguyn wrote:I haven't seen the anime or read the manga .-. so I didn't know any of this, nor was I paying attention to exactly what this game was based off of, nor did I know this bc no one brought up the manga. so you're kind of right in that I'm not really paying much attention to the flavor, but I'm using what I'm picking up of it to try to figure out stuff
Were you just sheeping BS on your flavor comment, then?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #157 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:12 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 153, Plum wrote:Bro is being smart about this.
1) Have you read any of my games?

2) Sabo mafia was an easy scum win for me/EtL b/c town made a lot of faulty assumptions about the setup (and also because I got access to a weak-neighborize as scum, but I digress). I'm not going to get burned because a bunch of townies make that mistake.

Also Tammy needs to get her ass in here and obvtown up so she can lead. Towns without structure suck :/

pedit: Could have been scum feigning because they'd know that the people who knew about it would be weak townies+them. It'd be like how I spent the first 3 days of Xenoblade being like "I have no idea whether this is multi ball" because I knew that saying that I thought it was multi ball would raise alarms.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #159 (isolation #6) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:14 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Earlier in the game EtL convinced XScorp that she was town b/c she claimed follower+tracker and correctly ID'd the name of XScorp's ability (which we already knew because we had been given flavor names+what they did, and mollie had already claimed to have been the target).
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #160 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:15 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Basically, XScorp (and the rest of the game) didn't anticipate that scum knew the names+powers of every 1-shot in play, so EtL could coast off a janky claim (until we pulled the neighborizer trick to seal the deal)
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #163 (isolation #8) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:20 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Why would scum push a weak player, though? Given that the majority of townies have a 1-shot commute, scum would want to push people who have the potential to dodge an NK.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #256 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:40 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 165, pieguyn wrote:
In post 154, BROseidon wrote:1) You suck at reading me.
wow nice discredit. still doesn't change the fact that you jumped on me early game for a sketchy reason

also I'm 1/1 on reading you, so this isn't even correct. the only completed game we have together is imperishable night and although you did fool me D1, I came around to it on D2. so that's a blatant fucking lie
In post 154, BROseidon wrote:2) I make early pressure moves regardless of alignment
this is a blatant strawman. it's not bc you made an early pressure move, it's bc the early pressure move you made was shit and it p much exactly matches up with how you played in imperishable night. your jump on Varsoon in that game was an early pressure move, but it was bad bc the reasoning for it was sketchy as fuck. what's different about this?
In post 154, BROseidon wrote:Were you just sheeping BS on your flavor comment, then?
I was sheeping what everyone was saying about the flavor bc if everyone agrees about it then it's probably true. I had no way of knowing whether said flavor was BS or not, and from what people are saying it doesn't appear to be BS in the first place.

why are you assuming I knew said flavor was BS when sheeping it? like you apparently think that I'm scum who was deliberately sheeping BS?

this is exactly why your push on me sucks. first, you said I was scum who was writing off flavor while positioning for a flavor based attack later, citing the differentiation between anime and manga to back it up. but in order for this to the case, I have to be familiar enough with the flavor to know the difference in annie's position between anime/manga, and know which one this game is based off of. this assumption comes straight out of thin air and I don't see at all how the fuck you felt comfortable making an assumption like that. not to mention someone said your idea that the game is based exclusively off the manga is incorrect to begin with. when I told you I don't know the flavor, you completely dodged me. instead you left your vote on me and continued the push, despite one of the underlying assumptions behind your push was demonstrated to be unequivocally incorrect (game being based on manga), which in this case fked up a lot of your reasoning. and now you accuse me of sheeping smth that's BS, which makes the assumption that I knew it was BS. which is the same thing. why would you make an assumption like that considering
I just said I don't know the flavor?

tl;dr: you assumed smth that is completely false and there was no reason for you to assume that. your reason for voting me is entirely fabricated and not coming from a legitimate thought process. your logic is contradictory as fuck and the way you're trying to completely dismiss me with these terribad illogical arguments is, guess what? scummy as fuck. die :>
vote: BRO

and one more thing. go back and look at all your illogic in NY167. you discredited, misrep'd, and strawmanned all over the place. this is the same shit. if I apparently "suck at reading you" as you say, then why are my arguments against you incorrect? you still haven't given an explanation why. good luck ~
1) My reason for jumping on you wasn't sketch. Yeah, early game isn't going to have to most evidence, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to sit around and wait for someone to stumble. I'm going to press something minor and get pressure moving.

2) You read me in the game where I was trying to get lynched on day 2, so grats on that :P

3) What's different about this is that my reasoning was fine. You awkwardly postured around Bert's claim. I attacked you for it.

4) BS = Brian Skies, obviously. You missed that part, which is super suspect, give that he's the one who said Annie's alignment in the show was ambiguous, which you then worked off of. The fact that you then didn't catch me referring back to that point indicates a lack of solid trajectory, aka scum trying to bullshit reasons without understanding what those reasons are

5) I didn't cite a difference b/w the manga and the anime, I assumed that the anime hasn't gotten as far as the manga, so that someone watching only the anime might not have known how that arc would have ended.

6) I didn't dodge that you didn't know the flavor; I tried to work out where you got that idea from, and tracked it back to BS (Brian Skies, so you can't misrep me again on this. You then COMPLETELY MISSED THAT.

You're now going to try to play off that you didn't realize BS=Brian Skies in my previous post, and that you forgot that he was the one (and only one before you) who first said that Annie's alignment in the series is ambiguous.

Holy shit you're worse than mastin was in Anything Goes with the mist.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #258 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:46 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 168, pieguyn wrote:now I need lots more votes on BRO, and anyone who disagrees needs to go up and look at how none of his logic is actually correct. my tl;dr at the end explains it p well. hardly ggs
Building an argument about how my logic was wrong based on misinterpreting "BS" is pretty... bs...

Oh I'm so punny.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #259 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:47 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 173, pieguyn wrote:why do you think he'd always do the most obvious strategy? this is the same guy who stole a weak neighborize and suicided on his partner just to give her a ridiculous amt of towncred. it's obvious BRO would NOT necessarily make the obvious scum play all the time and I could totally see him doing this for the towncred
"He's scum because he's a strong scum player, so he'd make that sort of play as scum."

BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #261 (isolation #12) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:49 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 175, pieguyn wrote:I also think that the "all weak = town" got destroyed as soon as mod threw that scum got fakeclaims, and it prob would have been brought up anyway when discussing lynch options. so him bringing it up now probably didn't do anything 0.0
Why didn't it get brought up immediately, though?

Probably because scum were hoping to obfuscate it to stall out for as long as possible, or to set up some sort of play.

pedit: mykonian seemed okay from his first post and I haven't gotten to a Dan post yet.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #262 (isolation #13) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:50 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 176, Plum wrote:I'd be happy to take up the position.
Then start building some structure.

Because so far everyone's running around with their heads cut off.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #263 (isolation #14) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:53 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 180, Plum wrote:Anyway, we should lynch this.
It needs pressure, but I have reservations about him being scum.

Namely, why would he push Kagami when she's positionally weak in a Kagami-town/Pasch-scum gamestate?

I'm gonna backend that thought a bit.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #264 (isolation #15) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:55 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 181, Kagami wrote:pasch, I'm quite sure I'm correct about everything I said regarding the weak modifier, the "danger" was that scum would know what it is (either through their fake-claim information or through special mod-granted setup knowledge as bro suggested) and would use that knowledge to snatch some town-cred. The fact that nobody jumped on being the third "claim" suggests to me that they weren't given explicit setup knowledge regarding the modifier, and if one of them has the modifier in their fake-claim, they didn't figure out what it meant (it's not obvious, as bert proved, and would be even less obvious to scum who wouldn't have it on their real PM despite lacking maneuver gear).
This is super WIFOM and not a good assumption to make.

Scum claiming weak, given knowledge of what it was, would be a gambit similar PGO or miller claiming. I don't know most people's scum games who are here (I've only seen Bert/Muffin/Tammy as scum), but I don't get the impression that we have a lot of gambit-happy players.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #265 (isolation #16) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:56 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 182, Kagami wrote:151 makes me think Bro might be too, but I've heard he's a very competent scum, so I'm less certain.
Oh god it's this again.

I might actually go on hiatus if this becomes a thing. My mislynch rate is high enough as it is; I don't need to functionally become a PL :/
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #266 (isolation #17) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:56 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Ugh brb have to take a shit. On Mykonian's response to me.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #272 (isolation #18) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:10 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 184, mykonian wrote:idk, it was late, and I wanted to have a post out but couldn't actually get my mind going. So I wrote up what I thought of the playerlist. Get acquainted, I guess. Also, I'm aware I might not always be the most easy person, and some of the people playing were in recent games... might help to tell them what I think without playing the game yet. Avoid the worst about it this game, I guess.
So there wasn't any intention off of it; nothing you were trying to gauge or push?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #273 (isolation #19) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:13 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 187, zMuffinMan wrote:- setup is single faction, 10:3 (not explaining this, don't ask)
- scum don't have day talk (see above)
- one of the three main characters is scum (mod insistence that flavour has nothing to do with alignment has me thinking this is likely the case, as does something else - and if i had to guess which, i'd say eren)
- scum probably already know my character flavour. not that it really matters
1) Probably
2) Maybe; day talk seems like a pretty good balancing factor to ~8 1-shot commutes
3) Maybe; there's almost definitely some number of "good" guys as scum and "bad" guys as town.
4) k
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #274 (isolation #20) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:16 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 191, pieguyn wrote:the point is, BRO knows I get sidetracked easily, and he also knows that I don't back down often, based on a 1v1 I had early game v. Varsoon (this was also where I referenced him making a sketchy jump early game). so that kind of defense is exactly what I would expect from scum-BRO in this kind of situation. "oh look, pie's making an early push on me. I'll just completely brush it off, then respond with some aggression so that he backs off and goes to look elsewhere! I don't even have to address anything which will give him a foothold to make a better push on me, so that I get to avoid an early game push from him. and no one will notice how I'm not actually answering anything at all bc of all the towncred I get by pointing out the flaw in Kagami's plan." ok mb that was exaggerated a bit but you get the idea
Wtf I respond directly to you, ask you questions, and keep the pressure on you, and you turn around and say that I'm trying to brush you off?

No.

You're my main focus now.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #275 (isolation #21) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:21 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 203, Kagami wrote:1-shot commute isn't strong enough to make me think that scum would be all about eliminating players with it. Any townie lynch is a good lynch for scum.
Scum are probably trying to out-WIFOM various townies about when they'll burn their commutes. Having closer to guaranteed kills later in the game is probably something scum are going to want to hold on to.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #277 (isolation #22) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:29 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 223, Kagami wrote:Because knowledge of what it meant from someone who hadn't claimed weak themselves implies the knowledge came from elsewhere (presumably fake-claims or other information that the mod might give to scum a la sabotage mafia). Scum who had actually gotten this knowledge would be very unlikely to let on, imo.
See my point about miller/PGO fake claims.

I'm town reading you/Bert right now because the play is more likely to come from town, but I'm not going to conftown you for it.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #278 (isolation #23) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:30 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 226, mykonian wrote:
In post 224, Kagami wrote:
In post 221, mykonian wrote:and if that isn't the case, it's kagami who was quick of mind. That'd be a nice gambit. Low risk high reward etc. Confirm "just" bert (soz, but you know what I mean) while setting up a fakeclaim straight away, and getting a ton of towncred if nobody is ticked off by you thinking about the setup so much.

it's not out of the question. I know if I was well awake and my fakeclaim was something "weak human" or it was talked about by the mod or anything, it only takes some steady nerves to abuse Bert coming in like he did. I don't know kagami's nerves (yet). I don't think bert would claim the way he did if he were scum.
I would like to think I'm clever enough to do so, but if that were the case, pitoli's post would be a fairly severe violation of neutrality. It would also be very odd that there would only be a single "weak" human that is confusingly attached to the miller status, yet with weak being in a fake-claim.

Bert is town because
-he seems very genuinely confused about the weak thing
-his posts read like a bewildered townie
-I don't think scum would get a weak fake-claim with only one other weak player
-Since scum have been given fake-claims, why would they be given "Weak Human Miller" of all things?
Yup, you are right. There's where pitoli messes up. Goddamnit :(

so hi dear near confirmed town.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARG
There could be other weak townies who just didn't claim?

If I had a strong PR attached to being weak, I wouldn't claim it b/c I'd have assumed that scum were informed what it was. Claiming weak basically says "shoot me in the N3-5 range."
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #279 (isolation #24) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:31 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 229, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:ActionDan, explain your reads. You pretty much just quoted a whole bunch of my posts with no explanation.
You're not gonna get anywhere with this, I don't think.

I get the sense that Dan plays like roflcopter.

God I hate learning how to play with positional players.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #280 (isolation #25) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:34 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 242, Kagami wrote:Similar reads + bias toward townreads rather than scumreads. The only thing I don't like about them is kaze as town; this doesn't really feel like town kaze.
Bad reason to town read someone.

I won Xenoblade b/c I buddied Nacho on his reads throughout the entire game, and then anticipated where he would go with reads so that I could explain things before he did.

If my assessment of Dan's play is right based on his first few posts, there are other things you can look for to get a solid read.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #281 (isolation #26) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:38 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 260, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:BRO, thoughts on Mykonian and Dan?
Here again.

Town on Mykonian, null-town on Dan. Dan read is one that I'll check a lot as the game progresses, though, as I'll need more of a corpus of his posts to get a strong read.

I like the pressure on F-16. I'm on Pie right now (which everyone else seems completely disinterested in; and nobody else pointed out his misinterpreting my post/other people agreed with it, which is something I should go back and look at again). Also, Tammy's not here, which is concerning b/c she likes town a lot more than scum. Someone should probably put some pressure there right off the bat so we can get a good read there.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #286 (isolation #27) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:51 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 282, Tammy wrote:
In post 276, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote: BRO, I am not sure about yet. Need to re-read the meta to see if I agree with Pie. What are your thoughts on BRO?
Not sure yet. My only completed experience with him is always me as scum when he's town. But, the first couple of games had him replacing out and in Anything Goes he was in a hydra with Angry Pigeon and I'm not sure how much was Bro to know what to expect. But I did really like his response to Pie that he sucked reading Bro in . i realize that's kinda stupid, but it's one of my mafia weaknesses.
Can't paraquote b/c MS is locking me out now :/

We had the hardboiled game together where I was shot N2 for being the tracker. That was town/town.

Also my posting style does meld a bit with my hydra partners, but I have a similar play style to AP by default (major difference is probably that he's bolder than I am, whereas I play things more by the book)
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #288 (isolation #28) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:52 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Eh, I don't think that positional play is intrinsically scummy. It's a different style of play.

The games I've had with roflcopter where we've been town/town have had us work really well together b/c I read him as town for how he moved. Also, I got to see some of his back end in Death's Diner b/c he posted it in the Cop-neighborhood QT, and his reasoning is very strong.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #289 (isolation #29) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:53 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Also Tammy why aren't you towning up the thread and organizing the townies yet?

You have until page 15 :P
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #294 (isolation #30) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:01 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 291, Tammy wrote:
In post 288, BROseidon wrote:Eh, I don't think that positional play is intrinsically scummy. It's a different style of play.

The games I've had with roflcopter where we've been town/town have had us work really well together b/c I read him as town for how he moved. Also, I got to see some of his back end in Death's Diner b/c he posted it in the Cop-neighborhood QT, and his reasoning is very strong.
I didn't say it is intrinsically scummy. I've been pretty decent at reading roflcopter in the past. And even with him you can see his thought process if you make him, and his reasoning when town is quite strong usually while when scum it's what?

But, the games I played with Dan last year, he was more thoughtful about his stances and play. You could see where he was coming from. His game lately has been kinda smug? in a sense and less transparent, which makes him harder to read.
I've always had a hard time getting anything out of rofl.

And I don't think that Dan becoming more asshole-like makes him scum. Hell, I'm a huge dick in like 1/2 my games.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #295 (isolation #31) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:02 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 292, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:BRO, are you going to explain your townread on Dan or be like Dan himself?
Gut-driven, primarily. I like where he's started his trajectory for the game.

It's a weak read. Hence the qualifiers.

Why are you pushing me so hard on this read?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #298 (isolation #32) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:07 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 296, Tammy wrote:I'm kinda confused why you keep taking it to this. I'm saying when town, he used to be transparent as town or at least explain his stances and play. He's moved away from that which makes him harder to read.

Therefore, I don't have a read on him. I didn't call him scum. I'm baffled by him (and wish he'd return to his old style of play ftr)
Track the trajectory of his positions and see if the movement makes sense?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #299 (isolation #33) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:07 pm

Post by BROseidon »

F-16 what's your read on Pie?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #301 (isolation #34) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:08 pm

Post by BROseidon »

I see what you did there.

Asshole...
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #304 (isolation #35) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:12 pm

Post by BROseidon »

I'm willing to wait until day 3 to have a solid read there.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #318 (isolation #36) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:48 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 308, zMuffinMan wrote:bro :<

why are you scum this game? :<
I'm not :P
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #319 (isolation #37) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:49 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 311, zMuffinMan wrote:i didn't like 256, either. also point (2) of that post isn't strictly true, either, since i don't think BRO was playing to be lynched D2 prior to the point where nacho and i were like, "lololol all aboard the bus train," because bus trains are a thing
Dude, were you even reading my posts?

I was being intentionally scummy that entire game.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #320 (isolation #38) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:50 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 317, Kagami wrote:@Kaze: pretty much the entire town had posted something between my saying it was not conventional and revealing its meaning, and I think they'd have spoken up. Bro's point about that is likely false. The are also flavor reasons for my belief.
Scum not knowing about the weak mechanic/modifier would be gamebreakingly bad modding.

I highly doubt that got through 4 people.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #321 (isolation #39) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:52 pm

Post by BROseidon »

I also like how Pie's like "I don't like how BRO doesn't address me" is being paired nicely with "I don't like how BRO's addressing pie."

If you're gonna push a shitty agenda, at least try to be subtle. Don't insult my intelligence >:C
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #326 (isolation #40) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 322, Kagami wrote:
In post 320, BROseidon wrote:
In post 317, Kagami wrote:@Kaze: pretty much the entire town had posted something between my saying it was not conventional and revealing its meaning, and I think they'd have spoken up. Bro's point about that is likely false. The are also flavor reasons for my belief.
Scum not knowing about the weak mechanic/modifier would be gamebreakingly bad modding.

I highly doubt that got through 4 people.
I have a response to that, but I'm already toeing the line with mod spec. I think it's possible.
I'd be very upset with that:

Muffin: what you're seeing is why my mislynch rate is over 50% (I think; it might actually be a bit lower), but also why Death's Diner is the only game I've ever lost while not getting mislynched. I'm a fairly hyper-aggressive player, especially when I start getting a sense of the gamestate early.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #329 (isolation #41) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:16 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 324, pieguyn wrote:except it's not bc you made the assumption that I'm familiar enough with the flavor to do smth like that, when there's no basis for that assumption. I could see smth like "oh I would have expected everyone in this game to watch the anime", but yours was based off the fact that I KNEW the manga and p much everything about the flavor. let me break down your argument for you:
You signed up for a themed game. I assumed you knew the flavor, especially after you made a statement regarding the flavor.
In post 324, pieguyn wrote:so what are you trying to imply by this statement?
"I don't like the way you're pushing the Annie flavor based on the anime when the game's based on the manga, with Annie's alignment in the manga being incredibly clear."
you're implying that I am scum who is deliberately pushing the annie flavor based off the anime when the game is based off the manga. however, in order to do this, I have to know the annie flavor in between the game and the manga in the first place. this is bc no one had been discussing the manga AT ALL
"It's like you're simultaneously trying to write-off the flavor while using it to potentially position an attack later."
again, suppose I was scum and I was doing this. then again I would have to know annie's alignment in the manga. there's also the idea that mb it's just me but in USA at least I get the feeling there's not very many people who even read manga, so I srsly don't get where this assumption comes from at all

there's also this one
"when the game's based on the manga"
which was demonstrated to be false, although idk if it was intentional. although I really don't care atm
So what you're saying is that I'm attacking you for not knowing flavor, and not something that's alignment indicative.

When what I pointed out was that you were using it as a tool to POSTURE AROUND BERT. You're focusing in on my flavor accusation, and not the fact that you were posturing against Bert.

So why don't you address that point.

And plenty of people in the US read manga. I probably have a bias towards thinking more people do, given that I do and all my friends do.
In post 324, pieguyn wrote:WOW MASSIVE DERP LOL. ok it makes more sense now

the last sentence is the most random ass assumption I've ever seen. the fact I didn't catch you referring back to that point indicates I'm not aware that BS = Brian. you're assuming that this comes from a scum motivation (BS reasons), rather than showing WHY it comes from a scum motivation as opposed to smth else (not realizing BS = brian). I can't really explain this any further beyond the fact I didn't know BS was referring to brian skies as opposed to bullshit. however, bc you didn't explain why, I get the feeling you knew I didn't have any explanation and were just trying to paint me as scummy
Why should I assume that you didn't fake missing BS=Brian, trying to pass it off as bullshit?

Especially given that after you admitted to sheeping on flavor, I traced that thought process back to Brian. Which would imply that you would remember that Brian had given it to you, which would in turn indicate that your trajectory is falling apart somewhere, given that you couldn't remember that your flavor trajectory started with BS.

You're a smart player. That's not a mistake I'd expect you to make.

Re the contradiction:

It's not a difference between the texts; it's an assumed level of progression (Annie appears to be a good guy, then it's ambiguous for a while, then it turns out she's pretty clearly evil). I assumed that the anime is somewhere in that middle phase, whereas the manga is obviously further along.
In post 324, pieguyn wrote:I find statements like this to be generally defensive bc by saying what I'm going to do next and painting it in a scummy light ("play off") you're trying to manipulate me into not responding or otherwise giving a response that isn't the natural continuation from your arguments. it also comes from a scum motivation in that you don't want me to give said natural response and thus continue the 1v1 further. so yes, you are trying to brush me off. it's the same deal as you completely dodging my arguments when I first pushed on you. no, I'm not going to let you cover it up
It's me pre-empting what your next step as scum would be, and me countering it before you make it.

I did the same think to Katsuki/mastin in Anything Goes, but everyone was too busy throwing the game to listen to me on it.
In post 324, pieguyn wrote:fuck that. while I can see this very reasonably coming from a town POV, this also feels defensive. it also fits with all the other statements you've made from a scum POV in that you're trying to manipulate me into not continuing the 1v1 with you
Oh yes, I don't want a 1v1 with you SO BADLY that I'm intentionally antagonizing you and counter-walling your wall.

Obviously.

Wait...
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #334 (isolation #42) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:38 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 331, pieguyn wrote:the point is if I was willfully and knowingly posturing around Bert they I would HAVE TO BE FAMILIAR ENOUGH WITH THE FLAVOR TO KNOW ANNIE'S MANGA ALIGNMENT, SINCE NO ONE HAD BROUGHT UP THE MANGA AT ALL. YOU WERE THE FIRST TO DO THAT. THERE WAS NO REFERENCE OF THE MANGA BEFORE YOU BROUGHT IT UP
Other than in the post that says "this game's flavor is based on the manga [and other things that I assumed were roughly the same]
In post 331, pieguyn wrote:I don't call Brian BS, I call him Brian. I get confused and I basically go "wait what" every time someone calls him BS . as I said, if you really are town, feel free to not believe it. but the way you're pushing on this makes me think you knew I wouldn't have a good answer for this question, and are trying to paint me as scummy
So you just forgot where you got your idea of the flavor from? Like, it's fine if you don't call him BS, but to then NOT REMEMBER THAT BRIAN GAVE YOU THE IDEA OF FLAVOR, AND THAT I WAS CLEARLY REFERRING TO A SPECIFIC PERSON seems like a little much.
In post 331, pieguyn wrote:except it's the next step I'd take as town. you're not explaining WHY said action comes from a scum POV, as opposed to a town POV. you're not countering anything. you're trying to box me in
It comes from a scum POV given that your initial posturing comes from a scum POV (there's no reason for town to posture like that around a miller claim), and that you've manipulated my words in a way that I wouldn't expect town-you to do. Call it burden of proficiency if you'd like.
In post 331, pieguyn wrote:your posts are manipulative as fuck. you're trying to stop me from attacking you back.
No, I don't care whether you attack me. I'm simultaneously posting to attack you, and to show everyone else why you're scum.
In post 331, pieguyn wrote:THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ACTUAL CONTRADICTION AND YOU KNOW IT. THE CONTRADICTION IS, YOU WERE MAKING PUSHES ON ME THAT ONLY WORK ON THE ASSUMPTION THAT I KNOW THE FLAVOR, WHEN YOU STATED JUST NOW YOU WERE ASSUMING THERE WERE PEOPLE WHO HAD WATCHED THE ANIME BUT NOT THE MANGA AND THEY WOULDN'T KNOW HOW IT ACTUALLY ENDED. DON'T FUCKING TRY TO WRIGGLE OUT OF THIS
Wat.

That's not a contradiction.

Other people weren't using it to posture a future attack. You were.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #352 (isolation #43) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:13 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 350, ActionDan wrote:F-16 is scum because after this post he never touched this again. He was clearly needling Brian Skies before this and this particular post does not give a sufficient answer to F-16's question.

The question, paraphrased, that F-16 asks Brian is, why is Brian concerned about Pie putting Brian in Pie's town block when Pie also has F-16 (who is scummy to Brian) in his town block. Brian's answer misinterprets the question and assumes Brian was put into F-16's town block also. If F-16 was particularly concerned about this line of inquiry, he would have continued it. It drops completely after post #26.

F-16 has had ample opportunity to look over this since I quoted it again but still didn't pick up on it. That's telling. He thinks it's history, done and over with, and can't remember why it was important to him... which means it never was.
So you're saying townies don't lose their train of thought?

Um...

I lose my train of thought a lot more as town than scum; I normally have an agenda as scum, which makes it easier for me to track what I'm pushing and I. I'm working on aligning my town game more to that, since it's annoying to read in my ISO that I've noted something, but not remember why I've noted it :/
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #358 (isolation #44) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:17 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 354, pieguyn wrote:more like I wasn't paying attention to exactly who was saying what about the flavor bc I was sheeping the majority consensus

AND SHUT THE FUCK UP WITH YOUR MANIPULATIVE RESPONSES. YOU WERE NOT "CLEARLY REFERRING TO A SPECIFIC PERSON". YOU ASKED IF I WAS "SHEEPING BS". I INTERPRETED IT TO MEAN SHEEPING SOMETHING THAT WAS BULLSHIT. IS THIS REALLY SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND
1) Majority consensus=1 person.

2) BS was capitalized because... wait...
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #360 (isolation #45) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:18 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 354, pieguyn wrote:it's a contradiction bc you were assuming there were people who watched anime but not hte manga and thus wouldn't know the whole story. however, where did this assumption go when you wanted to accuse me of posturing? your actions don't match your words

also you still think I'm posturing, despite the fact that your initial assumption that the game was based off the manga is wrong?
You still took a noncommittal stance on Bert using a flavor justification that you didn't understand.

That's still posturing.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #363 (isolation #46) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:22 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 354, pieguyn wrote:if you're town I don't get why the hell you don't wanna let go of smth that's been flat-out proven to be incorrect. you're scum and you keep coming back to this like just by bringing it up you can crush my whole case against you. you really haven't provided adequate answers for any of my points. instead you keep going back to this and the whole "BS" thing. I've explained how all my actions make sense from a town motivation, and you just ignore it and twist my words around.

I'm done arguing with you. at this point you're just twisting my words around, and it's p obvious you're scum so idgaf. until you can come up with some actually legitimate points, I won't be responding to any more walls, as there's no need to
now I need lots more votes on BRO. let's lynch the fuck out of this
Largely it's because your push on me reeks.

I'm not twisting your words. I'm using your words to try to look into the motivations that back them, which in turn elucidate your alignment to me. You haven't tried to parse any of what I've said. You haven't thrown questions my way, only accusations. You haven't actually pointed out what the scum motivation in anything I've done has been, you've just said things like "there's a contradiction/your case is weak/you're twisting my words. SCUM!"
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #367 (isolation #47) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:23 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 357, pieguyn wrote:
In post 352, BROseidon wrote:So you're saying townies don't lose their train of thought?

Um...

I lose my train of thought a lot more as town than scum; I normally have an agenda as scum, which makes it easier for me to track what I'm pushing and I. I'm working on aligning my town game more to that, since it's annoying to read in my ISO that I've noted something, but not remember why I've noted it :/
^^^^ this is why BRO is scum

where'd this stance go when he was pushing me for supposedly forgetting about brian skies? if townies supposedly lose their train of thought, why would be apparently be so surprised at me "forgetting" that?

it's complete fucking BS and we need to lynch the fuck out of this before I go any more insane
There's a difference between losing track of a note on a specific point and not remembering someone's name.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #370 (isolation #48) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:24 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 365, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 326, BROseidon wrote:Muffin: what you're seeing is why my mislynch rate is over 50% (I think; it might actually be a bit lower), but also why Death's Diner is the only game I've ever lost while not getting mislynched. I'm a fairly hyper-aggressive player, especially when I start getting a sense of the gamestate early.
do you have a town read on me?
Null.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #373 (isolation #49) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:30 pm

Post by BROseidon »

I think I see what you're driving at, muffin.

You aren't be the only player in this game that knows that I'm easy to push, you're just the only one who can't deny it.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #376 (isolation #50) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:34 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 373, BROseidon wrote:I think I see what you're driving at, muffin.

You aren't be the only player in this game that knows that I'm easy to push, you're just the only one who can't deny it.
Gonna correct myself, Tammy also can't reasonably deny it.

Anyone else could spend 5 minutes counting shit on my wiki and seeing that I have a scummy town game.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #410 (isolation #51) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:45 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 382, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:BRO, thoughts on ActionDan based on his recent posts?
I like his trajectory. His recent posts have felt more townish.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #411 (isolation #52) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:50 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 389, Brian Skies wrote:I don't like his push on Kagami, but that's because Kagami's actions look different to me. I think Kagami comes out better.
Why does it feel like you're making the assumption that any aggressive interaction b/w two players is Town v. Scum?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #413 (isolation #53) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:52 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 389, Brian Skies wrote:@Bro: Are you seriously using an abbreviation for my username as an excuse to make a push on another player? Zzzzz.
No.

I'm using him using it to obfuscate my point and turn the attack on me to push. He misinterpreted my point, used that against me, and then didn't back off on it, instead trying to keep it as a point against me.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #414 (isolation #54) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:53 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 389, Brian Skies wrote:They're both being coy (I've already looked ahead though). Dan is town (I've already looked ahead to see his concern). Not quite sure on Myko, having second thoughts on who I think it is because the first post from that slot doesn't match up.
Now why are you jumping into a line of questioning not addressed at you?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #415 (isolation #55) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:54 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 389, Brian Skies wrote:Sorry, not enough time to go back and read your interactions thoroughly. I'll re-read them when I get back. Current opinion: I think Pie comes out better because some of the aspects of your argument seem overplayed. Anyhow, Tammy makes some comments about the discussion in your favor, so I want to go back and check later to see if I'm in the wrong.
Again, are you asserting that there's 1 scum in {me, Pie}
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #416 (isolation #56) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:56 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 392, mykonian wrote:Which is why the undercurrent that names plum is surprising to me. It's different than what I expected from this game and I'm trying to find out if the reasons is either that people simply don't know her, or because I'm wrong about my assumptions about her, or because scum is somehow mingling in that discussion and amplifying the noise it's making in this game. Regardless, it says very little about plum's allignment. It might say something about the people talking about her.
Plum's not that widely suspected though...
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #417 (isolation #57) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:58 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 398, Paschendale wrote:Very well, perhaps I was mistaken in my conclusions over this "weak" modifier thing. The whole think stunk to me, though.

Plum's posts still have me uneasy, but I'm willing to accept being wrong about the "weak" thing. But I don't like the way she handled it at all.

Otherwise, there are so many different things going on. I think F-16 is floudering all over the place. I'm not sure what's going on in his mind, but he's puking all over the page.

I'm not inspired by Dan at all, or Tammy. Tammy makes good points, but then ignored all of them to vote for me. I've seen a couple people say things like "nothing Pasch posts looks like town". Sorry, that's just how I sound. I get mislynched a lot because people apparently don't know how to read me.

Muffin is, in my experience, pretty level-headed and is playing to that in this game. I think he's right about Bro. Bro started out strong, like he had some ideas, but has seriously petered out since. He looks unfocused and defensive. Not sure how I feel about his quickhammer comment about F-16. though. Why wouldn't he cast the l-1 vote? Seems weird.

VOTE: Bro
In post 396, Kagami wrote:Pasch's crazy post followed by ninja vanish still seems like the most suspicious thing that's happened thus far.
I was actually on a train all day yesterday. I forgot to post about it in this thread. You can see posts about it in mini 1536 and 1537.
I'm defensive because I'm responding to attacks on me.

Wat.

Also, you have like twice as many scum reads as there are scum.

I'd rather lynch Pie, but I'll probably end up jumping to this since mine and F-16's wagons look counter to this, and his posts suck.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #418 (isolation #58) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:59 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Also since apparently everyone else thinks Pie is town.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #419 (isolation #59) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:05 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 412, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 410, BROseidon wrote:
In post 382, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:BRO, thoughts on ActionDan based on his recent posts?
I like his trajectory. His recent posts have felt more townish.
What of his trajectory did you like? All I have seen of it is that he votes me and continues arguing with me. There is no shift or change in direction.

How have his recent posts felt more townish?
I like how he's thinking about your posts through the lens of what information you're looking to gain, and developed his position based on that. What he's looking at isn't a bad tell; Mac used something vaguely similar against mastin to figure out that he was scum in Anything Goes. His last part is a little reachy, but certainly something that in the early game can easily come from town.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #422 (isolation #60) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:21 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Scum motivation behind dropping a line of questioning is that it allows one to appear like they're trying to figure things out without having to push anything too hard.

That said, he isn't implicitly right, either, because the "it became irrelevant" statement can also be true. That said, his position in not believing you on that is similar to my position of not believing Pie when he says that he accidentally misconstrued "BS" and then proceeded to attack me on it. Townies have to cut through what they perceive to be bullshit.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #423 (isolation #61) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:23 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 421, Paschendale wrote:
In post 417, BROseidon wrote:I'm defensive because I'm responding to attacks on me.

Wat.

Also, you have like twice as many scum reads as there are scum.

I'd rather lynch Pie, but I'll probably end up jumping to this since mine and F-16's wagons look counter to this, and his posts suck.
You got defensive before there were many attacks on you, and were disproportionate in your defense. Your tone changed completely from a sensible offense to a desperate sounding defense.

Of course I have lots of scum reads, it's day 1. That's normal. While a lot of players in this game seem to like handing out townreads like candy, I don't. I think a lot more people are deserving of scumreads.
I'm not seeing where my tone was "disproportionate."

Hint: Because it wasn't.

Now go fuck off and try to push a less-shitty counter wagon. Tell your scum buddy Pie to join you.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #426 (isolation #62) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:26 pm

Post by BROseidon »

I'm saying that it looks like what town does without being what town does, and without progressing the gamestate.

Stop twisting my words.

pedit: Kaze, didn't the Pasch wagon start before the F-16 wagon?

Which would make F-16 counter to Pasch.

And why the fuck are you trying to cut the day short?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #427 (isolation #63) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:28 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Yup, Pasch had 3 votes before F-16 had one.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #430 (isolation #64) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:29 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 381, pitoli wrote:Day 1 ends in 11 days, 5 hours, 30 minutes
You never cut the day short with 11 days left.

Ever.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #432 (isolation #65) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:32 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Also, why aren't you questioning why the Pasch wagon lost steam?

Three wagons built up pretty evenly, which can imply one of two things:

1) Highly disorganized townies not applying lots of pressure in any one spot.

2) Scum counterwagoning to divert pressure away from one of their own.

#2 feels more true to me, especially given that Pie put out bs reasons against me, and people called it "good reasoning" despite it being clearly based on a misrep of what I said.

Hey Pie, when "bs" stands for "bullshit" it's not capitalized because it's not a fucking proper now. Asshole.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #433 (isolation #66) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:34 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 431, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 426, BROseidon wrote:I'm saying that it looks like what town does without being what town does, and without progressing the gamestate.

Stop twisting my words.
What the fuck do you even mean "it looks like what town does without being what town does?" How does backing off of a line of questioning look like what town does if town don't actually do it?
Holy shit, why isn't this obvious to you.

Scum try to imitate town play. Town poke and prod and ask questions to try to figure out who's scum. Scum therefore need to imitate that process, but they want to do it in such a way that it obfuscates who they are. One way to do that is to ask various questions that don't really lead anywhere. It makes scum look engaged with the game, but it doesn't ultimately help town.

Orc was threatening to bus me to hell in my first scum game because I was doing that too much. Thankfully he died first, so I got to carry him, but I digress...
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #435 (isolation #67) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:47 pm

Post by BROseidon »

He's taking the scum-reading of the null event and pushing off that position. Seems fine to me.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #436 (isolation #68) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:48 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Again, how is this different from me just not believing that Pie just lost track of his thoughts instead of his misrep->push being intentional?

He's also used your reaction to try to discern which reading to take. That demonstrates consistency.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #441 (isolation #69) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:54 pm

Post by BROseidon »

...really?

Two reasons I like longer days:

1) Forces more content, which allows scum to fuckup more.

2) Gives me more time to backend process things. My subconscious thinking often points me in the right direction, but that takes some time to get rolling.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #443 (isolation #70) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:06 pm

Post by BROseidon »

lol falcon, your answers are kind of shit and you're either being kind of dense or not following my logic, let me lay it out for you:

It can come from both town or scum, but he chose one interpretation and ran with it. Then he followed up on it in a way to check that assumption, and came to the conclusion that his initial assumption was right. I'm not getting why you aren't following that sequence of positions; it's not like it's hard.

You're second point is actually worth responding to (grats on that :P). However, he's likely working off the assumption that you'd look at his posts in some depth and try to figure out what he's gunning and, and try to figure out why town might interpret things a certain way. It's like my response to Muffin after he voted me; I looked back at what he was saying to try to gauge his trajectory. The fact that you didn't do the same and come to the same conclusion as him would set off alarm bells from a townDan, wouldn't it?

So yeah, can you give me more things that are worth my time? I'd appreciate it kthx.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #445 (isolation #71) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:07 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Kaze, I was thinking that scum were splitting votes on me/F-16, but F-16's shit answers are making me question that.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #456 (isolation #72) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:32 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 450, Kagami wrote:Bro, you've thrice complained that it would be impossible for scum not to know about the weak stuff, and have even said that it would be "gamebreakingly bad modding" for that to be so. If you're wrong, that's one hell of an insult to pitoli. I think it's unlikely that you'd be willing to tell the mod off like that, especially since you've modded yourself and not without difficulty. The only way you could be sure you're not seriously insulting pitoli is if you are scum and you were indeed told about the weak modifier.

VOTE: bro

fwiw, I think pasch is scum too~
Where the fuck is this coming from.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #457 (isolation #73) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:35 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 447, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 443, BROseidon wrote:lol falcon, your answers are kind of shit and you're either being kind of dense or not following my logic, let me lay it out for you:
Nice discredit.
It can come from both town or scum, but he chose one interpretation and ran with it.

Then he followed up on it in a way to check that assumption, and came to the conclusion that his initial assumption was right. I'm not getting why you aren't following that sequence of positions; it's not like it's hard.

You're second point is actually worth responding to (grats on that :P). However, he's likely working off the assumption that you'd look at his posts in some depth and try to figure out what he's gunning and, and try to figure out why town might interpret things a certain way. It's like my response to Muffin after he voted me; I looked back at what he was saying to try to gauge his trajectory. The fact that you didn't do the same and come to the same conclusion as him would set off alarm bells from a townDan, wouldn't it?

So yeah, can you give me more things that are worth my time? I'd appreciate it kthx.
That is dependent on the assumption that there is an ERROR in my statement where it isn't. Also, how does his "trajectory" on me make sense?
Sorry not sorry that you're heads stuck too far up your ass to see my logic.

And it's not dependent on their being an error. Everything in this game is relative. Ffery had a good quote in a dead thread about this.

His trajectory makes sense because I can track his thought process to see why he thinks that you're scum. Doesn't mean I agreed with him.

Until now.

I find it interesting that right after I push you there's suddenly people coming out of the woodwork to attack me.

VOTE: F-16

F-16/Kagami/x. I like Pie from earlier, but I'm not sure it makes sense with F-16 Kagami.

Muffin's town.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #458 (isolation #74) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:36 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 448, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 445, BROseidon wrote:Kaze, I was thinking that scum were splitting votes on me/F-16, but F-16's shit answers are making me question that.
HOW THE FUCK ARE MY RESPONSES SHIT? YOU ARE A FUCKING MORON. I EXPLAINED EVERYTHING OVER AND OVER AND YOU ARE STILL NOT GETTING IT.
Your responses are shit b/c you're not tracking my reasoning, and then dancing around it.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #460 (isolation #75) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:41 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Now re Kagami:

If I'm wrong, then pitoli can use that to improve her next game. I'm outspoken about what I think of game balance/modding; I've called multiple mods shit for stuff that's happened in there games (not sure if I ever said it to one of their faces, I definitely have openly bitched about LotR Mafia both to Empking and elsewhere on site). If pitoli didn't tell scum about weak, and it's a thing that could be reasonably used to find scum, that's a bad setup problem that got through a bunch of people.

And my modding issues had nothing to do with the setup. I modded a fucking open. I don't get why the fuck you'd bring this up here.

Nice try swooping in right as I'm on F-16. Gg no re.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #461 (isolation #76) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:41 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 459, Plum wrote:
In post 450, Kagami wrote:Bro, you've thrice complained that it would be impossible for scum not to know about the weak stuff, and have even said that it would be "gamebreakingly bad modding" for that to be so. If you're wrong, that's one hell of an insult to pitoli. I think it's unlikely that you'd be willing to tell the mod off like that, especially since you've modded yourself and not without difficulty. The only way you could be sure you're not seriously insulting pitoli is if you are scum and you were indeed told about the weak modifier.

VOTE: bro

fwiw, I think pasch is scum too~
Kagami, please don't. Bro is almost certainly not a better vote than Pasch. Basides, your argument makes almost zero sense. Bro's point was that your belief depended on something that was very unlikely from a balance perspective. Why do you think Bro wouldn't take the small risk, if it was that, of insulting the Mod, if he genuinely believed something was unviable from a balance perspective and that it was relevant to Town assumptions about gamestate? Arrrrgh.
In post 452, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote: I am down with lynching BRO as well. Even if he is town, he is a fucktard so w/e.

VOTE: BROseidon
No. Bad. Very bad. Make it stop.
Kagami just tipped her hand.

She's either a lot less good that people have been giving her credit for, or she's scum trying to protect a buddy.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #464 (isolation #77) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:48 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Given you/Kagami/X scum, muffin wouldn't unvote there.

People is really just Kagami. Still, the timing on that attack is, like, classic chainsaw.

And you just misrepped Plum's point.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #466 (isolation #78) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:53 pm

Post by BROseidon »

What I'm saying is a balance point, not a modding point.

Implicit in calling the balance bad is saying that the mod/reviewers fucked up.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #468 (isolation #79) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:58 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Part of being a good mod is balancing a game, no?

Yeah, I'm harsher with my words here than I was to Emp or to Monkeyman (just checked, I did go off on him a bit for one of his mistakes in Calvin and Hobbes in the dead QT), but the point stands. What I'm saying is true, and if pitoli fucked that up, then she fucked up.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #470 (isolation #80) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:10 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 469, Kagami wrote:The risk isn't small from town perspective, though. There's plenty of evidence to suggest that scum didn't know about it, or they would have reacted to it in the thread. I only recently realized there's a flavor-based reason for the weak modifier, which requires knowledge of the manga, and that there's a strong chance there's an additional mechanic that scum would likely be told about, or I would persist in the belief that scum couldn't have been told about it.
You're just being wrong at this point.

Standard scum response would be to feign ignorance. Claiming weak would have been akin to claiming miller/PGO, which is explicitly none-standard play.

I don't see what's so hard about this.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #471 (isolation #81) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:12 pm

Post by BROseidon »

This fits nicely into the narrative of scum-Kagami gambiting and trying to discredit me catching onto why something she hoped would be an auto-towntell isn't actually a town tell.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #477 (isolation #82) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:22 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Holy fucking shit. I've explained everything. I've run through my logic in a way that makes sense. I tried to lay things out for you, and you kept sidestepping the issue. I explained things multiple times, so sorry not sorry for pointing out that you're being dense. I don't fucking care if it's intentional or unintentional, you can go fuck off.

I'll be back tomorrow. Kagami+F-16 make me want to punch a kitten.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #572 (isolation #83) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:28 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 483, pieguyn wrote:says the guy who is STILL bringing up "posturing" despite the fact that it's been literally proven incorrect, due to the fact that the game isn't exclusively based off the manga

this logic is contradictory as fuck
The fact that I was incorrect about your knowledge of the flavor doesn't change that you still postured around Bert's claim.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #573 (isolation #84) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:30 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 483, pieguyn wrote:and if I'm apparently so obvscum why is he questioning this?
Different people bring different perspectives to the game, which is in turn amplified by knowing one's alignment but not knowing other's.

So what's obvscum to me isn't necessarily obvscum to other people. A player of your caliber should know this by now.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #574 (isolation #85) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:30 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 483, pieguyn wrote:go look at imperishable night and how zmuffin pulled this kitten shit
probably not alignment indicative, but just saying ~
I would say puppy but I'm a dog person.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #575 (isolation #86) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:31 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 486, Kagami wrote:plum, I have to think about it. I still think the certainty, certain enough to know that he's not being extremely offensive to someone, is unwarranted. I would have to be near 100% certain before I would say something like that. In no public conversation does he do anything like telling someone their modding is gamebreakingly bad.
Here's the problem with your logic:

I'm an asshole.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #576 (isolation #87) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:33 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 500, Paschendale wrote:So make a decent case on Pie.
I did.

And I don't want to anymore because F-16 and Kagami are better leads now.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #577 (isolation #88) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:37 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 517, Tammy wrote:Bro - did you really make four posts to respond to Brian Skies' one post in several points? I mean I get that I tend to mult-post and spam, but really?

Also, there's something I've been meaning to ask you since the other night. You mentioned me not being here and how that was problematic, even thought the game hadn't been going on long, and that I would be a good person to push to see how it panned out. How come you didn't push it? And were you satisfied with what I posted that night that you didn't feel the need to bring it up again?
1) Fuck walls. Quote strips are anti-town.

2) I was busy with Pie+defending myself; that's why I threw it out there for someone else to undertake. Now I'm catching up+dealing with F-16/Kagami. If I have time/energy once I'm caught up I'll look for things to prod.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #578 (isolation #89) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:39 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 519, Tammy wrote:Your pick for scum team is pieguyn/falcon/paschendale then?
As of the time of the post you quoted, I was thinking Pasch/Pie/X. Falcon didn't strike me as fitting in b/c one common response from scum getting run up is to try to split votes between two townies and diffuse pressure. Then Falcon came in and convinced me he's scum, and Kagami tipped her hand with her timing attack. Pasch-scum doesn't work in there for the same reason.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #579 (isolation #90) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:41 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 520, Tammy wrote:Oh. My. Gods.

Brosdeidon might be town. But infuriating. Though Town. I'll have to read a scum game of his to see if he also plays like this as scum, but he's reminding me of his self-righteously I'm right self that he did in Anything Goes. And you know what? The scum tell on Falcon is not a scum tell. And it doesn't make Dan town because he happened to notice that Falcon dropped a line of questioning early game. Like ffs, picking up on dropping a line of questioning is the most superficially easy thing you can do as scum and push it. Why? Because it's in thread and it doesn't cost you a thing. You don't have to go why, as town should, did he drop his line of questioning, you just get to point out that it's there and hidey ho you've got an in thread provable scum tell that makes you look like you're scumhunting.

Broseidon should be probing deeper and so should Dan.
>:C
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #580 (isolation #91) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:42 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 524, Tammy wrote:
In post 477, BROseidon wrote: I'll be back tomorrow. Kagami+F-16 make me want to punch a kitten.
*hugs my kitten for compensation*
I didn't punch any kittens.

Although that may be because I wasn't near any kittens more than any form of self-restraint.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #581 (isolation #92) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:44 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 533, Bert wrote:Looking at this on my phone.

Bro's tone is so arrogant thus far, like that of a prick, such that the noise makes it hard to absorb and listen to Hard to look past that and see how he can be town by the way he went at it with Falcon et al

I played in Elyse's Fire and Ice with Paschendale as town, and I thought he was scum the entire time. Lol...

More thoughts later
Hey Bert,

My "noise" stalled out my mislynch in Xenogears for 4 days, while lynching scum 3 of those days. I'm often more lucid when I'm raging.

So fuck off.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #582 (isolation #93) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:57 am

Post by BROseidon »

Looking to build some potential scum teams here:

F-16/Kagami/X still looks most likely to me. I'm having a hard time thinking about what to put in X, though. Probably wouldn't be Muffin, based on his back off of me. Nor does Kaze there. Pie would make sense. Maybe also someone who just stayed off the Me/F-16 thing either intentionally or b/c they weren't around? That could work.

If Pasch is scum, Pasch/Pie/Muffin team makes sense, except for the fact that that would make the F-16 wagon entirely town driven, AND muffin would have chosen not to take an opportunity to push my mislynch through. So maybe like Pasch/Pie/{Myk/AD/Kaze/BS}. Haven't looked into it too much since I'm not particularly interested right now, so I want input on that from everyone who thinks Pasch is scum.

Tammy and Plum are my only "strong" town reads. Muffin is a bit weaker, but he doesn't make sense as scum except for his hard-defense of Pasch (which as a lone reason to scum read someone is weak. Everyone else is still a relatively unconfident read, even though I have biases in certain directions (like thinking AD is relatively unlikely to be scum)
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #583 (isolation #94) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:04 am

Post by BROseidon »

Okay Tammy I just went through your ISO.

The content that's there all looks more like the town-you that I've seen. The recent activity also points towards you not trying to hide; your overall post count is higher than I thought it was, too, which is reassuring.

I'll probably re-ISO you every few days, +/- a bit based on energy/how this game and other games move/etc.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #610 (isolation #95) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:36 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Oh wow, Pie came back and reminded me that he's uberscum.

F-16/Kagami/Pie.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #611 (isolation #96) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:37 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 606, pieguyn wrote:quit trying to write me off with false logic
yeah you were incorrect about that but you were ALSO incorrect about what the game was based off of in the first place. and you still haven't explained how I was posturing nor what makes you think my actions were scum motivated as opposed to town motivated, despite the fact I've explained the motivation behind my actions several times
You were posturing because you intentionally tried to push the notion of "BERT COULD BE EITHER ALIGNMENT" instead of either dropping it or taking a side.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #615 (isolation #97) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:40 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 68, pieguyn wrote:flavor doesn't determine alignment,
which means that especially given annie's alignment in series was left unresolved annie's alignment in game could be just about anything
HIS ALIGNMENT COULDN'T HAVE BEEN JUST ABOUT ANYTHING BECAUSE YOU HAD THE REST OF HOW HE CLAIMED TO LOOK AT, PLUS THE GENERAL STATISTICS OF DAY 1 MILLER CLAIMS.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #617 (isolation #98) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:41 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 606, pieguyn wrote:wow overdefensive much
it was a joke and I explicitly said it probably wasn't alignment indicative
...so was mine.

Like, wat.

I can't even.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #618 (isolation #99) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:41 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 606, pieguyn wrote:OH NO YOU DON'T
DON'T YOU FUCKING WALK AWAY FROM THIS
YOU KNOW YOU'RE CAUGHT AND YOU'RE WALKING AWAY SO THAT NO ONE SEES IT
YOU DON'T GET TO IGNORE MY POINTS JUST BC "F16 AND KAGAMI ARE BETTER LEADS"
DIE
DIE
DIE
Grats, you got yourself back on my scum list by redemonstrating how scum you are.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #621 (isolation #100) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:47 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 588, Mafia Theory wrote:and BRO isn't an easy mislynch which makes me wonder why the hell he has a wagon as large as it is.
You know this isn't true.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #623 (isolation #101) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:48 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 593, Brian Skies wrote:Currently thinking of a way to adjust my posting habit.
Please do.

Fuck walls.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #625 (isolation #102) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:49 pm

Post by BROseidon »

BS's wall looks town.

Hey muffin, can you hold off on posting till I get through with my spam? Or I can wait for you to get down if you'd like.

The intermingled convoing reads weird.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #629 (isolation #103) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:51 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 600, Kagami wrote:Yes, I've noticed. In fact, I would even call your assholishness a probable town-tell by comparison with sabo mafia.
Which in turn should negate your assertion that I wouldn't be so brazen towards the mod...

pedit: Boo you whore >:C
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #630 (isolation #104) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:52 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 602, Kagami wrote:Looks like human-titan shifters have a specific implementation in this setup, and it looks to me like Eren lacks that for some reason. This is a good part speculation, but it meshes with muffin's idea, so I'm trying to think about what muffin must know in the hopes that I can clear him in my mind.
...Something different in the source material, I take it?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #726 (isolation #105) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:14 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 650, Kagami wrote:If it's through the fake-claim, the fake-claim would have to be a shifter, so either Eren or Ymir. Eren would be the obvious choice for a fake-claim since he's not evil in the anime, and it corresponds with muffin's belief.
Uh, semi-serious question:

How do you know Ymir and Reiner are shifters but not Bertolt?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #727 (isolation #106) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:15 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 664, Kagami wrote:That could be, but it's quite a coincidence that both annie and reiner have it; there are only 4 shifters in the series.
5*

That we know of.

It's heavily implied that there are more.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #728 (isolation #107) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:17 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 675, Tammy wrote:Bro - what do you think of mastin's entrance?
It's meh. Not as bad as his Anything Goes entrance, but not great either. Does nothing to convince me that he's not scum.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #730 (isolation #108) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:18 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 681, Tammy wrote:I swear to iomedae that if bro and pie start their argument again though, I will start smiting.
Then either lynch pie or give me a person more likely to be scum than Pie.

You should probably do the same with Kagami, but she hasn't pissed me off yet.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #731 (isolation #109) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:18 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 729, Mafia Theory wrote:
In post 728, BROseidon wrote:
In post 675, Tammy wrote:Bro - what do you think of mastin's entrance?
It's meh. Not as bad as his Anything Goes entrance, but not great either. Does nothing to convince me that he's not scum.
Why are you convinced that we are scum again?
Because I wouldn't expect F-16 to be so dense as town, and then try to use obfuscation to get under my skin.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #733 (isolation #110) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:22 pm

Post by BROseidon »

I'm probably just ignoring F-16 and Pie for the rest of the game, ftr.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #747 (isolation #111) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:07 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 741, pieguyn wrote:this is the THIRD TIME he's pulled this shit. first on me, then on Kagami, now here. IME these kinds of arguments come way more from scum bc they're a convenient way to throw blame around based on smth that, when you really think about it, actually falls apart . and it's also a nice way of discrediting to boot bc he's implying the people he's up against don't have as much skill as they're supposed to. in practice these kinds of judgment calls are harder to make and only come after much more effort bc people are more inclined to question this kind of call. when someone consistently does weird things you're more inclined to believe they really might just be off for whatever reason as opposed to immediately reaching the conclusion they're either dumb or scum. however, this kind of reasoning apparently applies for ALL THREE OF HIS SCUMREADS
You've just misrepped my Kagami scum read.

Try harder, scum.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #748 (isolation #112) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:08 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 738, Kagami wrote:
In post 726, BROseidon wrote:
In post 650, Kagami wrote:If it's through the fake-claim, the fake-claim would have to be a shifter, so either Eren or Ymir. Eren would be the obvious choice for a fake-claim since he's not evil in the anime, and it corresponds with muffin's belief.
Uh, semi-serious question:

How do you know Ymir and Reiner are shifters but not Bertolt?
Looked up stuff only about my character, which mentioned Ymir, but didn't mention bertolt or any others. I should read the manga, but I haven't found time.
Strange that whatever source you looked at would do that, then... Bertolt is the other of the 2 invading titans (50m/armored, forget which is which), which seems more immediately relevant to Reiner than Ymir's shifting.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #752 (isolation #113) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:09 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 741, pieguyn wrote:can't win so you're dropping it? come on, I'm your "main focus now" so what are you going to do, ignore all your fake scumreads on the basis they're too dense so you don't have to do anything controversial that'll reveal your alignment? plz no
No, limit my interactions with you so that I don't make this game all about me.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #758 (isolation #114) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:31 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 757, mastin2 wrote:You'd be pretty shaken up too yourself if you had just gotten through a car accident at highway speeds.
:/ get better soon.

I'm willing to engage you about my scum read on you. If you're scum trying to weasel out, I'll still catch you :P
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #776 (isolation #115) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:57 pm

Post by BROseidon »

@mod V/LA through Saturday
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #818 (isolation #116) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:04 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 760, Tammy wrote:Also, I'm putting pieguyn on ignore.
HEY PIE.

YOU WANNA CALL THIS SCUM TOO.

OR WOULD THAT NOT FIT WITH YOUR AGENDA.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #819 (isolation #117) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:06 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 772, Paschendale wrote:
In post 770, Kagami wrote:It was just pointed out that both the "arrogance" and "smilies" points were not serious.
Or you meant them seriously and are recanting. Or were purposefully trying to push people towards a mislynch despite not believing in your argument.

But if those were just lies, why not tell us what you actually think.
wat.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #820 (isolation #118) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:06 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 783, zMuffinMan wrote:don't fucking yell at me, it makes me nervous
scum found :D
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #821 (isolation #119) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:08 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 812, Kthxbye wrote:well, I caught up...and I like where my vote is at
plus deadline is close.
wat
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #822 (isolation #120) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:10 am

Post by BROseidon »

I have a theory about mastin but I need to wait a bit for ~reasons~
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #863 (isolation #121) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:14 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 848, mastin2 wrote:Slight warning--I'm keeping up with the new content, but because my internet was knocked out for 24 hours, I'm playing catch-up across the site as a whole, meaning reading the game from the start is going to be delayed a bit.
In post 789, Tammy wrote:This doesn't even make sense mastin and looks like you just talking to talk. Let's take a look at my whole post, shall we?

Now, read my post again. And rethink your questions.
I did read the post, Tammy. But bluntly. If you're town.

You have a problem.

So fuck calling me scum. FIX THE GODDAMNED PROBLEM. You don't have a handle on who the scum are. You
should
. So I ask again. Who's scum when I'm revealed town, Tammy? You don't have an answer. I know what. That's why I asked. Because you need one. Who are the players you shouldn't be townreading? Who are the players you're making not scum when they shouldn't be? Tell me now. Rather than others on day two.
In post 808, Brian Skies wrote:But I'd like Mastin to talk to me about it. Because although I can see town motivation in what Pasch is saying, I think his "scum role-fishing" theory is a little far-fetched and I'm wondering why he went there instead of just occam's razor. Have any of you played with Pasch before? Does he do stuff like this as town?
Pretty sure he does. Maybe even moreso as town than as scum. Would have to double-check my games with him to be sure.
In post 824, Tammy wrote:I don't know. Maybe kthnx, pasch, mastin.
Then help me bus my buddy.

VOTE: kthnxbye.
Don't remember who he replaced, but his posting's been awful.
Okay, here's what I'm seeing with mastin:

Arguments for scum-mastin:

1) He replaced F-16

2) From my experience with him in Anything Goes, I knows he likes to hide a bit more as scum. He's not been super-active here.

Arguments for town-mastin:

1) Posts like this one read town to me. Content wise it's okay, but what I'm honing in on is the writing style. It reads in line with how I'd expect town-mastin.

UNVOTE: mastin

More generally:

There's probably scum between {pasch, mastin} but I'm having a hard time working out which one. Myko's postings weren't super town, and kthx's posts have been blegh. Kagami also still reads super scummy to me, as does pie, but apparently I'm crazy for thinking that or some shit (sort of like how I was crazy for thinking mastin/katsuki were scum in Anything Goes OH WAIT A MINUTE I WAS FUCKING RIGHT).

Also Bert's burning through the town-equity he got from the miller claim; his behavior this game is in-line with how he was in my open where he was scum (disengaged, disinterested, coasty after getting early town reads). Still wouldn't lynch today, but it's worth noting.
In post 861, Kazekirimaru wrote:Switch out mastin with muffin and we can be bffs
No.

Muffin, I don't see Kaze-scum or Plum-scum over any of my scumreads, and you're not gonna convince anyone if that's how you explain shit. Read my every post to Venmar in Xenogears to prevent me from yelling the same shit again.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #865 (isolation #122) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:31 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 864, ActionDan wrote:putting faith in writing style over content this late in the day is a fallacy. One of these days the world will know this slot to be scum. that day could have been today, but the chance of that is lessening. Also Myko's slot was town.
"Don't use one of your main scum hunting tools"

How about, uh...

No.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #868 (isolation #123) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:33 am

Post by BROseidon »

How do you feel about pasch, kthx, kagami, and pie?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #871 (isolation #124) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:38 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 870, Kthxbye wrote:So, do I need to spell it out for those not seeing it or ... ?
Yes
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #914 (isolation #125) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:35 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 911, mastin2 wrote:Then help me lynch kthx. Talk to me more about Kagami; I'm not townreading that slot, but haven't really gotten a scumread there, either.
...fine

VOTE: kthx let's see where this goes.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #915 (isolation #126) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:36 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 911, mastin2 wrote:Like I said: different. Sorta-scummy...but not as scummy. In Touhou, it was just...there. I don't remember how I caught him, but I did. Here, instead of the read just being there, it's more like he is just there. You know, not making a big impact. That, itself, is sorta making me think scum, but it's not the same strength of my read that game. That's as good as I can give you off of what I've seen.
Hint: I set myself up for an easy bus in that game. Hence the faked result on someone who towntells to the point that it's arguably a trusttell.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #920 (isolation #127) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:41 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Oh balls.

My role PM didn't give me your alignment, though >:C
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #921 (isolation #128) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:41 pm

Post by BROseidon »

UNVOTE: kthx
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #959 (isolation #129) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:52 pm

Post by BROseidon »

kthx, do you have any preferences within that group?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #963 (isolation #130) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:14 pm

Post by BROseidon »

I'll be unhappy if kthx gets lynched.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #988 (isolation #131) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:19 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 987, Kagami wrote:I don't feel off on the wagon or its members, either.
There's very little scum motivation to push a wagon so close to deadline
, especially given the knowledge that most of the town has one-shot commuter power. A no lynch would be very good for scum and there's very little chance that another wagon would gain traction by deadline.
Except it's always the correct play to go for a lynch, regardless of alignment.

Also, it's not that close to deadline.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #992 (isolation #132) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:20 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 990, Kazekirimaru wrote:Fine.

UNVOTE:

Get your grievances out. I like holding the hammer, anyway.
wat.

Pasch needs to claim.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #993 (isolation #133) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:21 am

Post by BROseidon »

@mod please prod Pasch and Brian Skies. They are both over the timer
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #996 (isolation #134) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:45 am

Post by BROseidon »

What would you think of Plum/Kagami if Pasch flips scum?

pedit: yes
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1014 (isolation #135) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:21 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1001, Kthxbye wrote:VI or just not paying attn. I like them for scum at the moment without the flip due to the 'let's lynch kthx while I don't actually push it and leave my vote on the largest wagon'. That just doesn't make sense to me as town play. It doesn't really make sense as scum play either though. If Pasch is town, and one or both of them were scum, why even throw me into the mix. /shrug. will know more after a flip.
You know what my response to this is:

VOTE: Kagami

List of things Kagami's done:

1) Run town down a hole with crummy setup spec.

2) Jump on wagons like an opportunistic scumfuck.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1016 (isolation #136) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:23 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1002, Kagami wrote:Let's think about this kthx:

You are kagami. You are town, and early on one of your favorite lynches is Bro. You change your mind on that and somewhere along the line, and you don't really have support to lynch him anyway. Kthx comes in and acts incredibly scummy. Kthx and bro mysteriously townread each other despite this. What is kagami's interpretation of this? Hint: it's not that they're something akin to masons.
Let's think about this Kagami:

You are BRO. You are town, and in mid-day 1 Kagami becomes your favorite lynch. You never change your mind on that, but nobody supports you anyways. Kthx comes in and acts sort of scummy, but quickly reveals something that implies that he's town. You cross-townread with him because of this, and then Kagami's like OMG U IS SCUM? Hint: It's that you're a scummy scumfuck who needs to die.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1017 (isolation #137) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:25 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1015, Kazekirimaru wrote:Kagami always does set-up spec. The second part is debatable. Not a viable lynch today either way.
"Not a viable lynch"="I'm going to make it a viable lynch"

She's turbo-scum
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1045 (isolation #138) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:27 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1037, Kagami wrote:I don't think kaze and muffin are mason-like things at all, whatever association they have seems to make them think the other is scum rather than town.
...how'd you even get here?

Are you even reading the game?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1048 (isolation #139) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by BROseidon »

"If Bro/Kthx are legit about their role, there's scum in {kaze, muffin}"

That's not "mason-like things" at all.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1050 (isolation #140) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:35 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1035, Athenas Fury wrote:oh also, if bro and kthnx are really town mason like things, then the chance there is scum in kaze or muffin is really high.
btw I want your reasoning on this b/c I'm not seeing it.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1051 (isolation #141) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:36 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1049, Kazekirimaru wrote:
In post 1045, BROseidon wrote:
In post 1037, Kagami wrote:I don't think kaze and muffin are mason-like things at all, whatever association they have seems to make them think the other is scum rather than town.
...how'd you even get here?

Are you even reading the game?
Ahah. Did she even read? She's the only one who seems to be FUCKING PAYING ATTENTION.

This is all wrong. I don't even.
She misinterprets what Tammy says in an inexplicable way, and she's the one paying attention?

wat.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1054 (isolation #142) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:43 pm

Post by BROseidon »

I'm gonna need more convincing than that to get off of Kagami...
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1056 (isolation #143) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:55 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Ah kk.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1057 (isolation #144) » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:55 pm

Post by BROseidon »

So who do you want lynched then
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1094 (isolation #145) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:05 am

Post by BROseidon »

Wow guys, none of you know how time fucking works.

Like, holy shit.

My reads have like completely 180'd over the past few pages. Kagami's turbo-derp and pieguy's hyper-tunnel looks town relative to the shit Pie, Kaze, and Plum are pulling.

VOTE: Plum <- far better than this craptastic Pasch wagon now.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1103 (isolation #146) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:31 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1098, Kazekirimaru wrote:I need to cut back on hammers, anyway. Bad habit. Cuts down your life. Well, someone's life.
You should never want to withhold hammers. It's not even scummy play, it's just stupid.

Also Kagami, the alignment isn't confirmed, but mechanically and flavor-wise implied.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1151 (isolation #147) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:50 am

Post by BROseidon »

What the fuck is with all the "I want to derphammer" bullshit.

I should make Molla's sig my own. Hammer w/o a claim is PL.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1155 (isolation #148) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:01 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1152, Kazekirimaru wrote:I knew you wouldn't pull through.

Probably waiting for Pasch to come in and fakeclaim a PR so he has a reason not to go through with it.
So I PL you every game I play with you?

k.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1182 (isolation #149) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:00 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1166, Kazekirimaru wrote:He didn't say Human.
I can't even...

This isn't a tell.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1183 (isolation #150) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:03 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1171, Kthxbye wrote:Kaze just left my scum list by picking up the human part. It's also a valid point. If I'm going to have to full claim at some point, I'm going to look at my role PM. If I do that, I'm not going to claim town xyz. It will be HUMAN xyz cuz it will have been the last thing I read.
I only look at my role PM to claim when I'm fake claiming.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1184 (isolation #151) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:05 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1176, Plum wrote:I thought we had like 10? Did I also misread when deadline is?
HOLY FUCKING SHIT CAN NONE OF YOU FUCKING READ.

LIKE.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT.

LIKE, YEAH, I'M ON EDGE FOR REASONS OUTSIDE OF THIS GAME, BUT LIKE. GOD FUCKING DAMMIT.

WHY IS EVERYONE HERE BEING SO FUCKING STUPID. IT MAKES ME WANT TO GIVE MYSELF A FUCKING LOBOTOMY.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1186 (isolation #152) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:08 pm

Post by BROseidon »

It's not super-serious, but I'm usually pretty short and some recent stuff has made me worse.

Basic things I ask of everyone:

1) Read
2) Have basic reading comprehension to track the game
3) Use minimal amounts of analytical skill while posting.

People seem to generally be doing a pretty terrible job of this recently across all my games.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1228 (isolation #153) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:44 pm

Post by BROseidon »

To clarify, kthx and I don't have any form of chat, and some other stuff that I don't want to get into because ~reasons~ that would make shit like neighbors/neighborizer being in the game make sense.

Also, neighbors+neighborizer doesn't seem excessively weird. It's sort of odd, but I've seen weirder. Tammy, YOU HAVE TOO. IN ANYTHING GOES YOUR SCUMTEAM FUNCTIONALLY HAD 2 DAYKILLS.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1243 (isolation #154) » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:55 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1238, Tammy wrote:It's not just neighbors + neighborizer. It's that plus pseudo masons. And now a third person who says they can confirm that.

Are you really really telling me that the mod decided to somehow try to make town from the start through roles/pms 7 people? I really really doubt that.

(Yes, in a large theme, my scum team had a gladiate which could go either way depending and a day kill, but that really doesn't equate to this.)
Neighborizer can be of either alignment.

Neighbors can be of either alignment.

kthx/I are implied co-aligned. It's more likely that we are than aren't, but certainty is like ~95%

I don't see this as being too weird.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1258 (isolation #155) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:57 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1256, pieguyn wrote:it was a conjecture based off smth in thread

however it makes a lot of sense due to mechanics. I can elaborate if BRO/kthx are ok with me possibly outing smth they might not want revealed, but they might as well just reveal it themselves in that case
I think it has more potential to do harm than good. Kthx can chime in here as well.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1259 (isolation #156) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:58 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1257, Kazekirimaru wrote:Why weren't one of the claimed pseudo-Masons killed? ._.
Answer to this probably depends on whether the scum team is technically strong or weak, but I'd rather not speculate on it because ~reasons~
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1265 (isolation #157) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:43 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Mechanically it'd be weird if kthx and I were cross-aligned because ~reasons~

I'm invoking some mod-meta here with one of the mods/reviewers in particular.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1284 (isolation #158) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:26 pm

Post by BROseidon »

It's pretty fucking clear that kthx and I aren't masons.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1285 (isolation #159) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:27 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Like, we've literally claimed "not mason"
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1289 (isolation #160) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:16 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Fucking pirate schtick.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1293 (isolation #161) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:41 pm

Post by BROseidon »

lol.

There was also that time in NY165 where AP was like, "LOL TOWN CAN'T HAVE A SELF-PROTECTING DOC WHOSE PROTECT LASTS TWO DAYS, ESPECIALLY AFTER THE BP TOWN FLIP, THAT WOULD BE BROKEN."

Guess who was scum who knew that town likely had that.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1296 (isolation #162) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:47 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Oh, reading comp :/

But yeah, your point stands.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1330 (isolation #163) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:30 am

Post by BROseidon »

That claim is the most null claim that I've ever seen.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1333 (isolation #164) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:46 am

Post by BROseidon »

1058 would have been enough time for scum-Brian to decide that AD wasn't getting mislynched before NK'd. AD's style is hard for scum to play against, and it can completely wreck games if left alive for too long.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1334 (isolation #165) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:47 am

Post by BROseidon »

Also, I don't think anyone except F-16/mastin scumread AD.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1337 (isolation #166) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:52 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1336, Kagami wrote:Who did you neighborize, pasch?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1338 (isolation #167) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:53 am

Post by BROseidon »

woot got leet post.

Pasch claims, then if the claim checks out we lynch the fuck out of Bert.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1375 (isolation #168) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:41 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Fucking hell stop role digging.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1376 (isolation #169) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:41 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Like holy shit there's enough in the thread, and I'd rather there not be more.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1378 (isolation #170) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:43 pm

Post by BROseidon »

"Imma role dig on something that's been obviously negative utility all game."

"Stop role digging."

"lol no vote u"

VOTE: Tammy

I can't even...
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1379 (isolation #171) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:43 pm

Post by BROseidon »

You're town game is not this shitty for it to be coming from you.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1382 (isolation #172) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:45 pm

Post by BROseidon »

If you're town you should get the fuck off this because it ends poorly.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1383 (isolation #173) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:46 pm

Post by BROseidon »

No, Tammy's pushing something that's been obviously terrible.

Enough about me/kthx came out on the initial kthx push, and the fact that people continuing to push it despite the initial interaction is turbo-scummy.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1384 (isolation #174) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:46 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Like, this is so obviously fucking scummy and why the fuck are you people all such fucking idiots.

I can't even.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1389 (isolation #175) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:52 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 916, Kthxbye wrote:Ymir will not be happy if you lynch me....just sayin.
In post 916, Kthxbye wrote:Ymir will not be happy if you lynch me....just sayin.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1390 (isolation #176) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:52 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1386, Tammy wrote:
In post 1383, BROseidon wrote:No, Tammy's pushing something that's been obviously terrible.

Enough about me/kthx came out on the initial kthx push, and the fact that people continuing to push it despite the initial interaction is turbo-scummy.
BRIAN CLAIMED INFORMED TOWNIE. YOU TWO ARE NOT CONFIRMED TO EACH OTHER. END OF STORY.
Also potentially BS claim.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1391 (isolation #177) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:53 pm

Post by BROseidon »

TAMMY, TOWN YOU WOULD HAVE WONDERED WHERE THE FUCK THE NEGATIVE UTILITY IS.

GIF WOULDN'T INCLUDE CROSS-ALIGNED JOINT NEGATIVE UTILITY AFTER TOUHOU IMPERISHABLE FUCKING NIGHT.

YOU'RE FUCKING SCUM.

NOW DIE.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1395 (isolation #178) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:56 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1393, pieguyn wrote:
In post 1390, BROseidon wrote:Also potentially BS claim.
this means Brian Skies here right

and I wouldn't put it past GIF at all considering that's in no small part how you all won that game :wink:
:/ #context

And pretty much everyone in that game thought that punishing town for lynching scum was fucking stupid. Nobody walked away from that game feeling good about it.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1397 (isolation #179) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:57 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1394, Tammy wrote:lol

voting over and over for town doesn't make me scum.

sorry.

yeah, i saw what kthnx posted. i think you guys are just guessing, which i've actually already detailed.

I will die, at some point because it's my lot, but I won't today. (or you know maybe I will, you guys lynched the fucking flavor cop derping seems fun here.)
No, but you pushing for a full claim when there's obviously a reason not to does.

Like.

You're not that dumb.

I can get you not getting the mod-meta stuff, but missing the fact that TOWN HAS HAD NO CLAIMED NEGATIVE UTILITY combined with the initial flavor claim. Really?

You're not that stupid.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1400 (isolation #180) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:01 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Because GiF would include cross-aligned lovers right after he was in a game that went poorly partly because of the x-aligned lovers...

wait...
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1401 (isolation #181) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:01 pm

Post by BROseidon »

And "partly" should read "because of that plus scum having a second NK on one night"
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1402 (isolation #182) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:02 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Not to mention how turbo-broken town is without negative utility.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1404 (isolation #183) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:03 pm

Post by BROseidon »

THAT GIF IS COMODDING.

WHICH WOULD ME HE PRESUMABLY KNOWS THE SETUP AND COULD HAVE SAID, "THIS IS A BAD IDEA"
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1405 (isolation #184) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:03 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 0, pitoli wrote:
Backup Mod:
GuyInFreezer
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1406 (isolation #185) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:04 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Fucked up the tags and mixed up co-mod/backup mod.

Whatever.

Tammy needs rope.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1409 (isolation #186) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:06 pm

Post by BROseidon »

If Bert's town, he's a role that's been made protown b/c people figured out how to break the fuck out of it.

There might be something else somewhere, but nobody's claimed it and there's a decent number of claims in play.

There's also a flavor cop+JOAT flip; the way Plum described the flavor cop seems pretty powerful, and JOAT usually has strong shots.

Everyone has a 1-shot commute.

I can see your questions being easily scum-motivated to try to get me to confirm that you should shoot one of me/kthx sooner rather than later.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1410 (isolation #187) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:07 pm

Post by BROseidon »

No, I'm BROseidon trying to lynch the scum who's trying to decide whether to NK me tonight.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1415 (isolation #188) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:11 pm

Post by BROseidon »

You mean like that time AP and I caught you out in Anything Goes when the rest of the game thought you were town?

lol
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1416 (isolation #189) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:11 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1414, Tammy wrote:
In post 1412, pieguyn wrote:
In post 1396, Kazekirimaru wrote:I'm not fucking scum, pie. I'm never fucking scum and you're always fucking wrong when you read me. Get the fuck out of my face and push someone worthwhile before I find some way to reach through the internet and tear your fucking eyes out.
oh no I'm really scared
srsly, why so defensive? it's literally just me and Pasch (who you think is scum) on you and it's not looking like anyone else wants to lynch you today

like does anyone else think this post seems fake or is it just me
I think broseidon sounds fake, and why are you ignoring what's happening now?
How about we lynch you so you can pretend to be outraged at your "mislynch"
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1417 (isolation #190) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:12 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Your AtE is weak as fuck here
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1421 (isolation #191) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:18 pm

Post by BROseidon »

And I'm supposed to magically find your scum games despite you not having a wiki page and not linking me any scum games because...

You're more rock-like this game than you were in Anything Goes, when you pretended to be oh so shocked that Molla called you scum and that you had no idea why he possibly did that.

pedit: You know that I can be loud against the grain of town if I think town's wrong.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1422 (isolation #192) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:19 pm

Post by BROseidon »

And that's the problem.

You
aren't
AtEing. Guess what single trait I associate most with Tammy-town?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1424 (isolation #193) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:21 pm

Post by BROseidon »

I'm talking about after the flip after he flipped Usurper and you tried to talk town out of you being the Usurp-target.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1428 (isolation #194) » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:25 pm

Post by BROseidon »

I'm seeing that same rockness/lack of emotion here.

And there's the whole, "get him to claim Lover/something similar" thing.

That's still terribad.

pedit: asdlkhga;slkdgh;sldkgj as;lgajs;lf adfksgj djna;skdljg ;alskdg ja;sldjgnadjkjg a;'sdgjnlks;adjg laks;hg a;lskdgjndhlsgj as;'dghj;adhjskgj aps'dhg;laekhgal;ksdhg naslkdhg kl;asdhagkl sdhgl;asdbhl;asgj ;adjlshjg'asldh;gb;aksldjfa;sldjkgn ;kalsdghnaskld]

I'm walking away.

Gonna go play League or Trine or some shit.

I'll be back later.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1471 (isolation #195) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:32 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1466, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:@BRO,

Aaaaaaaaaargh, I be a bit disappointed in ye. Ye had the makings of a fine sailor, but ye been veering off course towards the storm when yer Cap'n tell ye, "HARD STARBOARD!"
1) I hate your stupid pirate schtick. It makes me want to ram a rusty nail up my urethra.

2) I'm apparently the only one trying to find scum and not circle jerking around in circles.

3) Tammy, that is valid meta on you and you fucking know it.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1472 (isolation #196) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:33 am

Post by BROseidon »

mastin's up next, although at this rate he'll get replaced...
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1480 (isolation #197) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:33 am

Post by BROseidon »

You've provided 0 evidence to back anything up, despite telling me to go look at your games.

How can I listen to you when I have my own backend that's fairly reliable AND you're saying "no you're wrong" without providing evidence.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1481 (isolation #198) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:35 am

Post by BROseidon »

I'VE LITERALLY FUCKING ASKED YOU TO CITE GAMES THAT INDICATE THAT I'M WRONG, AND YOU FUCKING HAVEN'T.

WHY THE FUCK IS IT SO GODDAMN HARD FOR YOU TO PROVIDE EVIDENCE TO BACK UP A SIMPLE FUCKING STATEMENT ON YOUR END. THE ONLY ANSWER I CAN THINK OF IS BECAUSE YOU'RE SCUM WHO CAN'T.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1482 (isolation #199) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:37 am

Post by BROseidon »

Hmm, apparently I didn't ask you for games. Thought I did.

Give me games or eat rope.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”