Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1398 (isolation #0) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:39 am

Post by Charlie »

Hello everybody.

I'm replacing in and looking at the alive players list, I'm familiar with Xite91 and Twomz. I also played a bit with VasudeVa and vollkan before. I'll have to take some time to catch up, and any quick summary would be helpful.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1411 (isolation #1) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:57 pm

Post by Charlie »

I can catch up. According to my calculations we have 52 hours to deadline as of time of this post. However a proper read from me will have to come tonight (my tonight), in about 12 hours time.

Preview edit: Parama, you're going to do that?
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1413 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by Charlie »

Okay, I've read from page 50 till present plus any QTs I have... And I'm confused. Starting from the page 1 would be my next step, I'll make the effort tonight since I've noticed that the game is kind of 'stalled'.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1419 (isolation #3) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:40 am

Post by Charlie »

No Xite, I meant I'll read.
vollkan wrote:I don't think have played together before. In /invitatiional 8 (ongoing, but I am dead) I replaced in after you had died...
Right, my bad.

-----------

Reading time! I'll try to get all 50+ pages done in one seating, just because! I'll begin in a separate post.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1420 (isolation #4) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:09 am

Post by Charlie »

my reference list wrote:Xite91
ShiftyWhip CSL Xite91

VasudeVa
Scott Brosius

Hinduragi
Tazaro ConfidAnon TheLonging

Charlie
NicolBolas iiiiiiq bv310 NicolBolas

Andrius
vollkan
Twomz
RayFrost Friend

Parama
Tasky

Sando - The Mascot - Vanilla Student - Expelled Period One
PranaDevil - The Quarterback - Vanilla Student - Expelled Passing Period One
vezokpiraka
ReaperCharlie Seraphim
- The Band Member - Vanilla Student - Expelled Period Two
Max - The Head Cheerleader - Vanilla Student - Expelled Passing Period Two
Up to page 3: Vollkan's analysis (coupled with PranaDevil's) show good reasoning when discussing about popularity levels. Parama slot (Tasky) made a seriously mind boggling vote in #52. Following this is Twomz's slot (Friend) counter vote, which I feel is justified at #55. Parama slot self votes (This is horrible IMHO). Towards the end of page 3 there is low-quality discussion. More noise than actual content.

Page 4: Cue entry of Hinduragi's slot (TheLonging). He throws some questions, that's fine. As for the rest of the page, I don't know whether I should laugh or cry -- the exchange is quite silly.

Page 5: Reading Parama's slot #100 as disingenuous. Some ideas, bad implementation (aka likely coming from mafia). Vollkan argues his points better (than Parama's slot, Xite91). Goodposting from Xite #109. Enter Max, with ideas.

Page 6: Not really understanding Xite's #126 when she says Twomz's slot is scummy. Weak argument; unconvincing. In the exchange between Xite and Twomz's slot, Twomz's slot comes out better. LOL @ #138! I echo #139 at this point. Enter Sando. At the end of the page, I can't find Parama's slot to be convincing anymore: the previous statements he made have conferred some degree of bias to my analysis. I usually start ignoring these players to some degree; and I'm going to do that now. Maybe even a vote at this point (Vote: Parama)

Page 7: #150 is a succinct "backing-off" post by Parama's slot. For this, I would keep this point in the back of my head as townie behavior. Not too bad as it dilutes the previous badposting. Xite's #156 is rife with emotion; making analysis difficult and (usually) inaccurate. I would agree with most others at this point that vollkan is pro-town. Parama's slot posts at the bottom of the page remains unimpressive.

From what I read, Parama's slot isn't the best casemaker, but he can certainly "work with" others quite okay when asked directly (answering questions, explaining line of thinking). Initially looks mafia, later look town and posts strange things (#174). Such a roller coaster type of personality.

Page 8: Forced a defense from Parama's slot at L-1. Can't say I really like the defense, but it has some quirks in it and the follow up early page 9. Enter VasudeVa.

Page 9: VasudeVa's points system is interesting, but rather generic. The rest of his opinions are okay. Echo #207, but I'm going to say Xite's been way too emotional in her posting. This is distracting. Twomz's slot shifted his vote again: seems too often for my liking; mildly suspicious behavior IMHO. Twomz's slot fullclaimed at #220 and (surprisingly) there is little to no evidence of typical "flailing" behavior. Logic says he's mafia; gut says he's overly expressive townie.

Max's #221 is a big one, but provides some insight on players. I agree on a lot of points; especially when he points out the lurkier players.

Page 10: At this point, Parama's slot is at L-1.

Skipping ahead, I'd like to say a slew of replacements and distractions made this wagon collapse like a pile of matchsticks. Nothing impressive happens; stalling and lousy posts interfere as time goes by. Regardless, I'll get to reading them anyway.

Twomz's slot #225 reads as townish for line of questioning. He also explains his vote with good reasons. Parama's slot defense (again) at #228 has unimpressive holes in it but at the same time I can't shake the feeling that this is not "flailing" behavior. A tough decision; but if it were a deadline and a lynch between Parama's slot and no lynch, lynch is the way to go. Xite's posting is also emotional here.

-----------
Separating post here.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1422 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:00 am

Post by Charlie »

Page 11: Sando's using sarcasm as a response, which typically isn't pro-town. Vollkan becomes the voice of reason here. Exchange between these two players is heated; looking at possible mafia-town interaction here. At this point I'm inclined to ignore Xite's posts due to unchanging behavior.

Page 12: PranaDevil's #227 is spot on, and more on how I feel about Parama's slot at this time. It's so extreme. A lynch of this slot at that time would yield the most useful information for the next Day. Major replacement and "noisy" posts follows.

Page 13. Oh gosh. Vollkan's #303 touched a spot right here. Yes, he is convincing and yes, I believe him. Its just that sometimes I don't want to know about human nature too much (I want to play Mafia here, is all) Read: he's good at Mafia. Rest of the page is fluff.

Page 14: Tempted to shrug off the page as fluff, but I'm going to check between the lines.

Twomz's slot (Rayfrost) provided much needed new content, which I consider to be a pro-town move. However, I'm not entirely convinced, thus more discussion needed...
Sando provided more reasons to follow.
And more noise generated from later proven town slots.
VasudeVa's #341 is striking. Seems like a fair interpretation, but what makes it suspicious is the way it was worded. Proving a point with emotional words is scummy.

Page 15: Vollkan "wins" the page. Everyone else "loses".

Page 16: The key events here are Twomz's slot successfully shifting attention to Andrius, who I've not put up much suspicion with until now. Looking closer, I'm quite certain a town flip of one essentially confirms the other as mafia and vice versa. At this point, a lynch of either would provide good information but deciding on which is difficult. In short, I'm more convinced of Twomz's slot's case and by conjecture, his innocence (thus Andrius-mafia at this point, taking off from Page 14).

Page 17: Enter Parama. Fluff, some of it camelid in nature.

Page 18: Echo #440. Nothing here as well.

Page 19: Parama's #473 isn't the best catch-up post, but it will do. Some effort made here, but I'm still convinced that his slot is mafia. The arguments/reasoning provided aren't strong enough for me to confidently say he's behaving in a protown manner. Thus, he's mafia. Twomz's slot says "his logic is very loose" and this I agree with.

Page 20: More of a joke than goodposting...

-----------
I need to sign off now. I will continue this at a later date.

@ Mod: Requesting 48 hours deadline extension
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1424 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:11 am

Post by Charlie »

Excuse me, who are you to say I cannot judge another player's effort? It can be judged as lazy/pro-town/anti-town and such.
I'd refer to the highlighted posts, and to read what I said in context.

And yeah, if I can finish up by tomorrow (my tomorrow) then I'd actually be okay for a no extension. It is a necessary security countermeasure to ensure I don't suddenly run out of time and we hit deadline.

I'll drop this here in case it isn't clear:
Top 3 suspects: Parama, Andrius, VasudeVa
If Andrius is mafia then Twomz is town
If Andrius is town then Twomz is mafia
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1440 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:58 pm

Post by Charlie »

Going to resume reading now, but I feel I need to reply to these:
Parama in [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2530096#p2530096]#1423[/url] wrote:I've seen nothing in your posts or you behavior to make me think you're scum; you've done some stupid stuff but your effort seems genuine.
Parama in [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2530866#p2530866]#1438[/url] wrote:"some effort" You can't judge the effort players put into their posts FYI.
Within a span of 7 posts and 1 page, you've seemingly made a contradiction. I don't like it.
Parama wrote:When I posted my catchup post, I had just finished with doing a massive catchup post in another game. I was totally tired of making textwall so I was rather succint.
If you say so.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1441 (isolation #8) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:18 pm

Post by Charlie »

Page 21: Hinduragi's slot gets replaced (Tazaro). The last bit of the page is rife with shenanigan posting, but the important bit is Parama suspects Sando, Twomz's slot (Ray), vollkan @ #513.

Page 22: Andrius gets pissed off with players here; this is mildly amusing and I feel kinda bad. VasudeVa posts some original content; Twomz's slot shoots it down. Twomz's slot ends up looking better in that exchange (and I'm quite convinced too). Hinduragi's slot follows.

Page 23: Nothing; a waste of time reading here. Only redeeming quality is Twomz's slot trying to build actual content by analysing the... nothingness... ugh.

Page 24: VasudeVa's vote hop, seemingly suspicious as pointed out by 2 other players.

Page 25: Parama enforces a VasudeVa/Sando/Prana scumteam in #602. Andrius uses some meta and says Parama is not scum in #605. Now I'll remind you people that I think these two are mafia; and this interaction can be viewed as scumbuddies distancing. FoS both Parama and Andrius for this.

Page 26: At this point I've noticed that Andrius makes a lot more posts as compared to Twomz's slot (my opposing mafia read). I can view Twomz's slot as lurkish; thus diluting the apparent "scumminess" caused earlier by Andrius. Other than that the page is small talk.

Page 27: Max's #650 strikes a chord. I guess it is possible that Andrius is trying to post lots to look pro-town; but I cannot make this a solid conclusion because of my limited experience with this behavior (first time observance in first hand, honestly). Fluff follows, none of a camelid nature.

Page 28: I don't understand the Sando wagon because the discussion was filled with lots of empty content posts. PranaDevil's #678 answers a lot. Not that it is important, but this solves one of life's biggest mysteries. Thank you, even thought you're dead Passing Period One. Following this, I literally laughed out load upon reading the next response to that statement.

Page 29: PranaDevil becomes the voice of reason at #701 and subsequently hammers in #706. Cue Night 1 and this player slot did not submit a name to attempt conversation to. Wagon analysis:

Sando (7) –
Max
, Andrius, vollkan, Parama, tazaro (Hinduragi),
ReaperCharlie
PranaDevil

So nothing much has changed my opinion about both Andrius and Parama being mafia at this point because they both are on the wagon. A few more replacements enter the game.

Page 30: I have a problem with Parama's #726 which I find deceptive i.e. something mafia would say. Discussion is renewed here (finally!)

-----------
Seperate post. At this point I'm ok with a lynch with Parama, Andrius, and VasudaVa
Vollkan cannot be evaluated because of his V/LA (The gap between his post is from page 22 to page 33 - massive)
Twomz, I've already commented on.
Xite's slot doesn't really stand out (lurkish)
Hinduragi's slot also doesn't really stand out, but made more posts with content than the above.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1442 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:14 am

Post by Charlie »

Page 31: Hinduragi's slot's #754 looks town. Vezokpiraka's #763 provides fresh content and votes Parama - this strengthens the Parama-scum case.

Page 32: Hinduragi's slot is posting a lot here; but lacks actual content.

Page 33: I disagree a lot with vollkan's #802. Sometimes gut is the way to go because logic fails. VasudeVa's case in #803 isn't fantastic (actually proven wrong later), but it reads as genuine.

Page 34: Now we see some actual opinions beginning to form. Let's see where this goes...

Page 35: Andrius makes no defense on the case against him and has no need to at this point.

Page 36: Parama does some vote hopping. Vollkan's #880 seems to throw a bad light on gut reads everywhere and I have to disagree with this. As I said before: logic fails (more often than you think, probably!). Enter Twomz. At this point I'm more convinced that Hinduragi's slot is a lot more noisy than helpful: plus scum points!

Page 37: Enter Xite91, back again. Noting that Andrius claimed Emo guy here and way back. Possible tactic to clear himself? Inclined to like Xite's #916: Parama is STILL the correct lynch. At the end of the page, emotions appear to take over: Parama, Andrius, and Xite91 all post in a different tone. Recalling back that Xite was playing emotionally before she left earlier, I conclude that the reaction garnered from the other 2 is a sign of fear. One or both could be mafia.

Page 38: Usual WIFOM and discussion; unimpressive. The bottom of the page vollkan mentions self-meta: sounds like a joke. Timely to the WIFOM discussion, I feel this is aptly placed as a scum tactic. Increase likelihood of vollkan-scum at this time.

Page 39: Competing wagons between vezokpiraka and Andrius, where Andrius continues to goof around. Well he's been doing that the whole game and seems to be having fun, so I guess I can't blame him for that. Vollkan comes in with a scoring system
which I absolutely have to ask
: How reliable has this been for you? I know you're a champion for logic and shun gut reads... but you have to be realistic and accept that not everyone thinks the same way as you.
Well it got answered already so never mind!

Page 40: Hinduragi's slot want Andrius lynched. Good to know where Andrius stands with his #988, but it doesn't change the fact that I'm suspicious of him. Xite is defending herself the usual way I see it, from playing with her before, so I'm inclined to lean towards Xite-town. Quite comfortably, too. Vollkan's previous case on her is... not leaving an impression.

-----------
Separate post. I'm nearly done, whew.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1445 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:01 am

Post by Charlie »

Final leg of reading, but as usual I always check the latest posts to respond to:
Parama wrote:BZZZZT. I did not judge the AMOUNT of effort, only the genuinity of the effort. Huuuge difference.
Can't say I believe you there.
Parama wrote:...linked the post I was talking about...
Which you took out in this quote. Nice job.
Oh gosh; that "If you say so" wasn't an attack, learn to read in context! Your over defensiveness in this matter is suspicious to me.
Parama wrote:My honest suspicions, yes.
Wait, how's that scummy?
Look, not everything I say about you is "scummy" or attacking you. My analysis consists of a mixture of suspicions, pro-town behavior, gut reads and others... You are overreacting to nothing.
Parama wrote:Dear god are you people not seeing this. He's trying to scumlink based on a meta comment (guess what I hate meta). Do you even know what distancing implies? Calling another player town doesn't exactly imply distancing.
Also again you're saying I gave my scumreads but don't say what the problem is with that.
1) I get that you don't like meta; and I don't like it also for I feel it isn't worth the effort. In the event that it is available, I'll apply a subjective view towards it. Moreso of the fact that I'll have to take a person's word for it and look back at the meta-ed game.
2) Perhaps I have the terminology wrong; its not distancing then... the opposite of bussing? Coaching, perhaps?
3) Once again, you view this as an attack when it is not. Read in context, please.
Parama wrote:...
This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Active posting =/= pro-town by default. What if someone posted 5 posts in a row, but they were all fluff? By your logic, they're more pro-town than the guy who posted once but with content.
Oh my lord, you are clearly not reading the whole thing or you've missed out on important details. I just said what you said above there, you didn't notice it? Go find it yourself; I'm not linking it for your apathetic/lazy behavior.
Parama wrote:This is just Charlie trying to look good.
Oh no, he found out my secret!
Parama wrote:Ooor Andrius/vollkan are the scum on the wagon.
Can't really blame you for saying this; you're defending yourself by pointing out the other possibilities. Changes nothing.
Parama wrote:Honest logic, bro. I know how it looks, but it's exactly what I feel.
If it's advocating an Andrius lynch (who you have a scum read on) why do you care, though?
You do realize that you're my top suspicion along with Andrius, no?
Parama wrote:A failtown posting a weak case on me automatically makes me scummier? What kind of world do you live in?
C'mon, only you think that's failtown. Don't project your opinions directly on me; convince and not force. You're certainly not pro-town for this.
Parama wrote:*switches vote one time from one strong scum read to the next, first post of the page.
Yeah, vote hopping!
Parama wrote:Lol, people posting a case on me automatically makes me scummier.
Why don't I go BS a case on every player in this game? I could totally do it, but it wouldn't prove anything.

Man Charlie your logic is weaker than vollkan's was at the start of the game.
If you say so :P
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1446 (isolation #11) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:49 am

Post by Charlie »

Page 41: I noticed vollkan using Vollkan® Scum Score System (VSSS) again; it is rather quaint. Other than than, everyone seems agreeable for the lynch...

Page 42: Probably one of the funnier hammer votes I've seen in a while (Explaining why would ruin the fun, but the subsequent conversation pretty much sums up how I feel about it). Want a good laugh? Go read it! Cue Night 2. This player slot gains a QT with Hinduragi's slot.

Page 43: Mmmh, Parama's setup speculation... at #1050. Right, I know that setup speculations are notorious for being misleading; but I personally feel it is okay to some extent (not to mention fun to guess around a bit). Based on the seperations, a Parama/Twomz/VasudaVa mafia team fits. Otherwise, Andrius/Vollkan/VasudaVa. But the rest of the page sums up popular opinion: this isn't reliable because it could all be easily randomized. The rest of the page show some connections between players, but I'm not sure how to connect the dots because we lack a mafia flip.

Page 44: Toothless (Twomz, in case nobody understands the avatar reference) isn't much of a prolific player but he does share his thoughts in #1093 and I feel what he's saying is true, to some extent. I feel this is a reliable way to find mafia.

Page 45: VasudaVa gets to posting content at the bottom of this page; let's see where this leads...

Page 46: ... It leads us to vollkan's #1136 which is terrible! He ends up in a worse position than VasudaVa. Aside from his vebrose post, he's trying to sell his points of view and make it sound like a fact. That's bull crap right there. Vote vote vote!

Following that he has a Wall of Quotes/Wall of text which is also unimpressive. Who are you hoping to convince with those points? And no I don't buy what he's selling. I'm more confident that vollkan's manipulating mafia at this point. This or he's so caught up in doing "townie analysis" to the point that he's blinded by the fact that not everything is black and white logic in Mafia.

Page 47: The bottom half of this page consists of vollkan defending himself from the trouble he stirred himself up into, akin to digging his own grave. People expressed that they don't agree to his line of thought and he subsequently says stuff. This is manipulation at its finest, people! vollkan is purposely generating content from nothing. We should vote him now. Law students cannot be trusted. VOTE: vollkan

Page 48: From this point onwards, vollkan seems to have the upper hand in terms of controlling the discussion...

Page 49: Another wordy post #1200 by vollkan which I'm beginning to dislike more and more. Walls of Text, Walls of Quotes, back to back. I have strong reason to believe Xite is town. I have no reason to trust vollkan. I like my vote where it is now.

Page 50: Failure to realize difference in playstyle/gameplay noted between Xite and vollkan. Still doesn't change the fact that vollkan is infinitely times scummier than Xite. Enter Hinduragi.

Page 51: Hinduragi's line of questioning made me think of another damning point: with vollkan's "apparent" pro-town behaviour D1, I'd expect him to be the mafia NK early game. The fact that he is still alive is in itself suspicious. Now I know that this point can be argued to death based on the massive amount of assumptions it makes, but based on experience (in my case, completed Newbie Games where the IC is very good at sniffing out the mafia from the town are offed early in-game), I'm very much inclined to believe vollkan's the mafia we are looking for.

...And I reach his expected defense at #1256. This is all to familiar; I've been in this argument before and sadly am not able to prove who is right and who is wrong as of this time. In the interest of keeping my own views and being somewhat experimental in deciding who's mafia, I'm not going to respond to this post and just wait and see what happens.

Hinduragi's #1260 is a good because we know where he stands on things, and we get fresh content to boot. The last comment was comedy gold. Okay, his case on why vollkan is town seems logical, but my gut says he isn't town. I can agree to hold off on his lynch for Today, but vollkan being vollkan being impossible to read is a threat. Definitely a worthy lynch, but we might not have any to spare... final decision to follow at the end of my read.

Page 52: No Lynch occured and we claimed QTs. I'll do the same now: N1 I did not gain a QT nor did this player slot targeted anyone. N2 I did not gain a QT and this player slot targeted Hinduragi's slot. N3 I gained a QT with VasudaVa, but this player slot did not target anyone.

Pages 53 and 54: The talk about VasudaVa's "slip" seems nothing more than what it appears to be: a mistake. Mafia make mistakes, Town make mistakes. So there isn't much of a big deal about this.

Page 55: Toothless gets called out for lurking and responds that he paces his posts...after reading the whole freaking game, toothless isn't lurking so much so he just doesn't stand out.

Page 56: Interactions between VasudaVa and Hinduragi noted. In light of this I feel that Hinduragi is behaving quite pro-town, but am uncomfortable with proper labeling at this point in time. Null read would be the best description. Same goes for VasudaVa, but null to slightly leaning mafia read.

I enter here at the bottom of the page.

-----------
I'm done, and to everyone: you have everything and more to analyse in my posts. I know this game is slow moving, but I'll see this thing though the end to the best of my abilities.

Finalized suspect list, from most likely to least likely:

1. Vollkan
2. Parama
3. Andrius
4. Twomz
5. VasudeVa
6. Hinduragi
7. Xite91

Since there is just too much at stake to risk a vollkan lynch Today, and the added fact that I'm not impressed with Parama's recent attention span to my posts:
UNVOTE: vollkan
VOTE: Parama
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1461 (isolation #12) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by Charlie »

Parama, I'm saying your attention span is low because there is more to my posts than you're actually getting; and I feel you've failed to address certain issues I've put out there. You are selectively picking out what you need to respond to and you respond based on your own feelings i.e. emotional. Try a little perspective. I've said many times that I'm not a strong advocate of logic, and I'll say this is more true in a likely Mylo/Lylo situation. After on my first few games on site (2 long completed Newbie Games), I've learned to always stick to gut in Lylo. I feel Mylo should be treated the same way.

As for No-Lynching... I'm not against that although I'd rather we go with a Parama lynch. I'm confident that he is mafia based on his responses. We'll deal with Vollkan Tomorrow after Parama flips mafia.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1465 (isolation #13) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by Charlie »

I see.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1467 (isolation #14) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by Charlie »

Are you mafia?
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1469 (isolation #15) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by Charlie »

I actually did something similar to what you're doing now not too long ago, actually. I was town, but I got lynched anyway.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1511 (isolation #16) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:51 pm

Post by Charlie »

1) Parama
2) Vollkan
3) Andrius
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1523 (isolation #17) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:13 am

Post by Charlie »

I neighbourized Xite last Night, but she didn't come to class Today...

Just a quick glance: Parama is still playing very emotionally. It is hard to tell anything about him. On one hand I've played like that as Town facing an impending lynch. On the other hand, I've totally done the same as Mafia too, without thinking much before posting.

I'll still be voting him though, but since there is a high possibility that Today is Lylo I'm keeping the voting minimal.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1564 (isolation #18) » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:20 pm

Post by Charlie »

People! I'd like to properly respond to stuff tonight, but for now let me say that Xite is a she.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1569 (isolation #19) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:18 pm

Post by Charlie »

Some responses that I feel is required:

@Vollkan's #1189 regarding #754: Back then, as I was reading that post I find myself agreeing with most of those points. I assume that same thinking = same alignment, therefore town.
Regarding vebrosity: Don't deny that you've used some pretty high class level of language there. I, personally, feel that this is a good scumtell because only scum have the need to be so specific. Town posts are usually succinct.
Regarding walls: Yes, I also feel that walls are not scummy i.e. a playstyle thing, but I feel that you've overdone it with the walls.
Regarding manipulation: Why? Because I feel you're just saying more to hide the fact that you're not town i.e. you're mafia trying a distraction tactic.
Vollkan wrote:I think I've lost my bearings, but at this stage:
1) Hindu
2) Charlie
Yeah, I think so too that you've lost your bearings.
Parama wrote:
Charlie wrote:Just a quick glance: Parama is still playing very emotionally. It is hard to tell anything about him. On one hand I've played like that as Town facing an impending lynch. On the other hand, I've totally done the same as Mafia too, without thinking much before posting.
So you're saying it's a nulltell.
Why are you bringing it up in the first place?
Oh because you need to look like you're scumhunting so that town doesn't suspect you. Right. Carry on then.

Or it could mean that I'm having second thoughts about you due to the fact that I've faced a similar scenario before as town...

And I think I've spotted a scumslip: #1566
Parama asked me who I neighbourized last night.
I already answered in #1523 OF WHICH he quoted part of in the above: I neighbourized Xite. Adding this to the fact that he is flailing emotionally, I'm very very confident that Parama = scum. Vollkan is probably his buddy; we'll worry about that once we lynch this scumbag.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1573 (isolation #20) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:43 am

Post by Charlie »

Ugh...Vollkan...I think this is a classic case of apples and oranges. Seems like we are thinking very differently: You're using lots of "pure logic" and you assume that your meta "confirms" you. I think otherwise.

Anyway, I've already stated that Parama is the lynch of the day. We'll deal with the Vollkan problem Tomorrow when Parama flips mafia.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1575 (isolation #21) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:50 am

Post by Charlie »

We'll see about that.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1592 (isolation #22) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:19 pm

Post by Charlie »

Why did you hammer Twomz?
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1597 (isolation #23) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:37 pm

Post by Charlie »

I started a QT with Vollkan last Night.
Parama is still scum.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1601 (isolation #24) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:56 am

Post by Charlie »

No you.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1622 (isolation #25) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:13 pm

Post by Charlie »

Very busy at the moment.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1632 (isolation #26) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:13 am

Post by Charlie »

VasudeVa, I don't think Hinduragi is mafia. Mainly because I cannot ignore the fact that Parama and Vollkan are alive after some serious shenanigans D1. A near lynch on Parama's slot and a seemingly pro-town Vollkan with lots of so-called goodposting in there makes me very suspicious about them both. Vollkan's later play has not been on par, this makes me think it was intentional. But based on what has happened so far, I conclude that Parama has most probably took a quick vote in LyLo, hoping that someone would follow and his buddy (probably Vollkan) hammers.

In short: Parama + Vollkan mafia. Null leaning Town on Hinduragi + VasudeVa.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1635 (isolation #27) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:20 pm

Post by Charlie »

Hm, yes. I asked myself "Why is Vollkan still alive?"
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1638 (isolation #28) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:57 pm

Post by Charlie »

1) C'mon, its not totally WIFOM. And I personally believe that it is valid.
2) It shows inconsistency, and I'm pinning that as intentional. Mafia aside, it would be good for me to have a lawyer friend. Would you be my friend?
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1640 (isolation #29) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:07 am

Post by Charlie »

vollkan wrote:No.
:(
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1642 (isolation #30) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:01 am

Post by Charlie »

The game has slowed down to the point that small talk becomes relevant again for discussion.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1647 (isolation #31) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:08 am

Post by Charlie »

I'm not interested in answering your questions because we're dealing with two very different playstyles (like comparing apples and oranges). I'm playing by gut, Vollkan's playing by logic. There will be gaps in reasoning.

But for the sake of it, I shall respond anyway:
vollkan wrote:No it hasn't

And even if it had, that still wouldn't justify your ignoring my questions twice now.
Who are you to dictate these sort of things?
vollkan wrote:It is.

You can't seriously think that "hey, Vollkan is a good player but he is also under suspicion; so maybe if we don't kill him he fall under heavier suspicion" isn't a strategy that would be obvious to any half-decent scum.
Why not, who are you to dictate... wait... déjà vu.
vollkan wrote:*sigh* I really hope you are just trolling me
I can't respond to this.
vollkan wrote: First, you haven't pointed to a shred of evidence indicating that my play has actually declined in any meaningful sense.

Second, how on earth does it show inconsistency? My play changing in response to RL cirucmstances is completely legitimate. You're seriosuly grasping at straws if you think it amounts to inconsistency.
Sure thing. Simply read your posts D1 and compare it in terms of volume, to D2. Content-wise, is kinda subjective.
I'm not doubting RL circumstances; I didn't even imply the idea.
Straws are arbitrary.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1652 (isolation #32) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:31 pm

Post by Charlie »

Slow it may be, but that doesn't change the fact that I firmly believe Parama to be mafia. If he flips mafia, his partner is most probably Vollkan.
If I'm wrong then GG.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1654 (isolation #33) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:22 pm

Post by Charlie »

Truthfully, Vollkan scares me. He has a way with words that is close to be considered gifted.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1657 (isolation #34) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:00 am

Post by Charlie »

Hey, I should be the one cracking the (mostly lame) jokes in this game. I'm serious!
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1660 (isolation #35) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:47 pm

Post by Charlie »

That's the idea when I choose you last Night to start a QT with. I'm not really looking forward to our potential discussion N6. You're intimidating.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1669 (isolation #36) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:34 pm

Post by Charlie »

Finger of suspicion: VV
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1680 (isolation #37) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:28 pm

Post by Charlie »

Yayyy, win while being alive at the end. I think that's the first time.

I'm ok with posting the mafia QT, Vas?
I'm also ok with posting the QT I/NicolBolas have with Hinduragi.

I like the flavour. That's why I joined. The mechanics of neighbourizing seems useful if one knows how to use it properly i.e. get useful information from their QT targets. I've basically done nuts about this. I've also done nuts throughout the whole game, aside from my catch-up posts.

I think I need to learn to be more convincing next time.

Good game all!
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1684 (isolation #38) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:13 pm

Post by Charlie »

Everyone thinks Xite is a he...

Anyway. I'm sure Vas won't mind me posting this Mafia QT. I think he wants Andrius to read it. :)
Kindness

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”