Mini 981: Descent into Chaos (Game Over)

easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #0) » Mon May 31, 2010 10:50 pm

Post by easjo682 »

sychronising sleep cycles won't work, simply because some people won't follow it and we won't know who, saying that player should sleep on the third night or fourth night wont work because there is only a chance that our actions/votes wont work properly, theres always a chance that they will work properly so using this as tell of who slept when wont work. Also this may bring negative effects on townie PRs

also
Vote: UncertainKitten

for suggesting that everyone should sleep together (orgy!)

also no alliance!
[i]Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?[/i]

for the most part: [b]V/LA on weekends[/b]
GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #1) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:25 am

Post by easjo682 »

UK wrote:I wouldn't have cared as much if you actually had good reasons, but you are DIRECTLY PARROTING FARSIDE, who ALSO has my plan completely the fuck wrong. What's even MORE hilarious is you ignore Nikanor, who suggested it FIRST.
What did Nikanor say first?

Also I created my responce as I was reading/catching up with the thread seeing as it was at four pages, none of which I'd had a chance to read, yeah I saw farsides post and thought, this is what I was more or less thinking, but thought I might as well make my post seeing as it was what I'd thought as I was reading. It only appears like I'm parroting because I wasn't here to see posting until it had reached page four.

I say we stop planning out when people are going to sleep, it will do nothing for us, the scum will still be able to act as they wish and if we annoce it then they will know whos asleep when and therefore eliminate possiblities when night action/PR happen therefore they will be able to narrow down a potential list of who it is beneficial to kill.

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #2) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:50 am

Post by easjo682 »

If this is a catch up post why only talk about one player and their plan and nothing else.
because that seemed to be what the talk was about, I didn't comment directly on other peoples talking about the sleep plan, because I thought my statement would cover what I felt about it, if I were to address more statements I'd end up repeating myself when I don't need to.
hank you for making it more obvious you are scum. Not only do you not read the game and instead piggy back other logic, but you also propose something rather anti town since town being organized is BAD FOR SCUM.
In this case if we organise ourselves it will help scum because they will know who is sleeping when and therefore narrow down suspects when a power that disadvantages them is used

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #3) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:03 am

Post by easjo682 »

Oh yes, because it wouldn't be obvious ANYWAY due to people staying awake during the day and suffering no ill effects.
It wont be because there is only a
chance
that votes and actions will be effected by lack of sleep
Organizing sleep schedules at the least puts town and scum at the same level of information, with scum having a slight edge
I disagree, it gives a very small advantage to the town and a great advantage to the scum, who already have enough of an advantage.

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:07 am

Post by easjo682 »

sorry i meant to add this to previous post
MOD wrote:3a. If a player stays awake for more than two consecutive phases, there is a small chance that the player's votes and actions will be either randomized or fail to occur.
3b. After four consecutive phases without sleep, the chance of the above events occurring greatly increases.
see how it says chance, I dont like the idea on relying on CHANCE that mafia don't sleep and are the only ones not to sleep and ALSO end up with their votes being fucked with of which there is only a CHANCE of.

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #5) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by easjo682 »

UK wrote:Please, tell me PRECISELY how scum supposedly gets ANY advantage from organized sleep cycles.
if PR are active only on certain nights then they have a more select group that they know who PR belong to theyby eliminating more useful townies sooner.

[quote="UK]I love how you also completely ignore forced sleep after phase 6. [/quote]

thats because the way you were proposing things didn't involve sleep phase 6.
UK wrote:Oh, and finally, an organized town is scary for scum in GENERAL, not specifically related to sleep cycles. Towns that are willing to actually plan will slowly circle in on scum as more information becomes available. You and Vasu seem rather...oh, NERVOUS, about this idea.
yes an organised town is great against scum, but I still think that everyone knowing when everyone is planned to sleep provides more benefit to scum than town.
How does knowing sleep cycles benefit town? mafia is stiil going to kill

farside wrote:Why didn't you comment about nik's plan?
though I didn't directly mention his name I thought the very fact that I'd said how the night 3/4 everyone sleeps plans would fail, mostly because there is only a chance of votes mucking up.

[quote="UK']easjo is still obvscum, VasudeVa is also obvscum[/quote]
nice OMGUS and selecting only those who are against organised sleep cycles
Nik wrote:The current plan is to assign half the town to sleep during the day, and the rest have to figure out when to sleep on their own time, right?
that sound even worse than organising everyone to sleep.

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (isolation #6) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:59 pm

Post by easjo682 »

first off UK I'd really appreciate it if you were to quote directly what you are refering to, it maakes it easier when responding or reading the thread.
UK wrote:@easjo1: Um...no? How are they going to know what PRs are active and who's a PR? You still haven't adequately explained this? ever?
The same way we "know" who scum are by who sleeps when, it narrows down the list of suspects, unfortunately when it comes down to narrowing down the mafia they could each easily have a different night or day that they sleep during therefore leaving a mafia always around to make the kill, how do you not understand that?
from mafia perspective if they know that players AB CD EF are asleep and ZY XW VU are awake and power 12 was used then they know it can only be ZY XW VU.
deductive reasoning, I'm sure the mafia can use it.
UK wrote:@Easjo2: From what I remember, that was actually the original night sleeping plan that you have chosen to ignore the details of. Though, it does have enough flaws so as not to be worthwhile.
I thought I'd adressed the most recent plan as well? If I haven't do you care to quote it for me, so that I can adress it?
thanks
UK wrote:@easjo3: Have you been ignoring every benefit mentioned thus far? Just because we don't necessarily prevent the scum kill doesn't mean that we still don't get valuable information about who the scum are by organized sleep cycles, especially organized DAY sleep cycles. I also think the way I proposed handling day sleep would increase the chances of a situation where scum would be caught.
I don't see any benefits only detriments, we still let the scum kill while not being able to figure out who they are, while they can also narrow down the pool of player with select PRs
UK wrote:@easjo4: So, why am I scummy and Nik's not? Since he was the one who proposed the plan? Is it because there was no one accusing nik that you could piggyback off of? Oh, yes, it is.
because you were the first person to propose the idea of sychronised sleep, you did it in your first post which was also the second player post.
UK wrote:@easjo5: Well, while you and Vasu both suck, I love how you are trying to invalidate my imminently valid case on you by calling it OMGUS. Scummy move there.
I'm not calling it OMGUS.
UK wrote:@easjo6: Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...I think Nik very desperately needs to reread.
???? what is this about?
Nik wrote:easjo: You're not simply scummy for opposing organized sleep cycles. You're scummy for jumping on a terrible wagon, as UK has said
you mean I'm voting for the person who first proposed sychronised sleep.
farside wrote:I still vote that those we find the scummiest dont' sleep during the day. If any person we find scummy sleeps during the day they should be lynched.
Can you explain how this makes any sense?

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #7) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:21 pm

Post by easjo682 »

uh... LMAO @ Anti alliance in your sig!
it's popped up in too many games recently, I think its risky putting trust into a select group.

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:03 am

Post by easjo682 »

UK wrote:Despite the fact that there are VERY few powers that make themselves known to the target?
how do you know that?
UK wrote:To be clear, your logic fail is that the mafia somehow know a supposed power was used.
your logic is somehow we divine who is mafia based on who is sleeping regardless of the fact that there could be some mafia sleeping and some mafia awake and therefore you don't narrow down the list of suspects at all.

also would you stop just saying my thoughts on the matter are stupid and actually tell me why they are stupid and why you refute what I believe to be a better way? It'll be more helpful to the discussion, saying its stupid is one thing, provide the reasoning behind it, maybe at least you'll help me see how you can think organised sleep is a good thing.
I don't care if you insult me or my ideas but at least add more to why the ideas or me are stupid.

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #9) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:27 am

Post by easjo682 »

Thank you for your eloquently put post UncertainKitten.

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (isolation #10) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:00 am

Post by easjo682 »

lol I bet you're one of those players that plays a satyr or a drow

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (isolation #11) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:03 am

Post by easjo682 »

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #12) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:08 am

Post by easjo682 »

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (isolation #13) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:37 am

Post by easjo682 »

right, knew it would be something unusual, didn't think it would be that unusual though, not surprised your rping group finds you difficult, if you tried talking to them like you did to me.

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (isolation #14) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:52 am

Post by easjo682 »

As of now I am not ignoring easjo its just that her posts seem really insubstantial. Shes not scum hunting or doing anything really, besides arguing with UK.
Its a bit hard for me to ignore UK, especially when all she seems to do is yell at me and call me stupid, forgive me but I don't like being called stupid just because I see things differently.

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (isolation #15) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:11 am

Post by easjo682 »

See, there's that strawman again. I'm not saying you are stupid because you disagree. It's because the substance of your disagreement is TERRIBLE LOGIC. And even then, I only think your logic is stupid. No, I think you, personally, are stupid, when you ignore every VALID refutation I have for your logic. You don't even try to answer it. You just say "Wellp, I don't see any refutation now stop calling me stupid it makes me cry"

That's not going to fly. So, please, excuse me if I correctly called you out for doing something stupid, and then correctly called you stupid for ignoring the points against you and acting like they aren't there.
I dont like it when you call my opinion stupid because I can't comment on it or indeed argue my point back, because calling an idea stupid gives nothing for me to go off of, which is why I made the post earlier..
here it is for your conveince
easjo wrote:also would you stop just saying my thoughts on the matter are stupid and actually tell me why they are stupid and why you refute what I believe to be a better way? It'll be more helpful to the discussion, saying its stupid is one thing, provide the reasoning behind it, maybe at least you'll help me see how you can think organised sleep is a good thing.
I don't care if you insult me or my ideas but at least add more to why the ideas or me are stupid.
and then in the very next post of UK's she basically did a big fuck you, something that was not needed, Like I said, try and restate the points of why my logic on the sleep is super flawed and why your logic on the sleep isn't flawed, then maybe I'll be able to see where you are coming from because at the moment I don't.
My logic is perfectly sound, it just operates differently than yours
besides arguing with UK.
and you don't find UK's arguing as bad? especially after I asked nicely for her case on the sleep to be restated and asked nicely to be told how my logic and opinion on the sleep is more flawed, and she responded with what was effectively a fuck you?

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #16) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:11 am

Post by easjo682 »

I've stated it at least three fucking times, jo. I've quoted it at least twice. My patience IS NOT ETERNAL. In fact, it is quite short. THE INFORMATION IS THERE. I've pointed it out several times. If you can't be assed to look at it, then you deserve to be lynched on that alone.
Well I look at your posts when you respond to mine, yes from the start, but I still don't see how this sleep synchronizing is more beneficial to town than mafia, or indeed beneficial to the town at all, I asked you to restate the reasoning just incase I'd been mistaken in my reasoning, since it is obvious that there is nothing more to the synchronized sleep cycles than I already thought, I'm still happy where I'm standing and will defend it to my lynch.

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (isolation #17) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:30 pm

Post by easjo682 »

UK wrote:A) Organizes town
B) While not guaranteed to catch scum, has a far better chance of doing so than not synchronizing would (granted, that chance is still small. But better than 0, as your lack of plan would be)
C) Planned sleep cycles prevent town from derping up and causing scum to wake up with a majority, though this is more relevant in later game.
D) There is a fourth reason. I'm not sure if I should say it at this time since it invalidates itself if said. Suffice it to say it has good use for catching scum not directly related to the mechanic. But there is a strong fourth reason I haven't stated before and am not stating yet for organized sleep that extrapolates from the idea of organized town.
A) Yes organises the town, which is usually good, but in this circumstance isn't
B)How? this is why I'm confused, I don't see how it can catch scum?
C)Okay, though I believe that there is only a small chance of that happening, as scum would also want tovary their sleeping patterns from each other as to be able to have at least one mafia member awake each night.
D) then you are holding information back, also you are the only one who knows this spectacular reason, so only you can act on it, not giving the rest of town to see the light on it.
UK wrote:Since we're all repeating ourselves, how about you, once again, state how NOT organizing sleep is at ALL a good idea?
the mafia doesn't gain information of when we're sleeping and be able to use it against us, knowing that they don't need to worry about certain players because they're asleep thereby targeting the one they know to be awake because they are currently a bigger threat to them. Also narrow down the pool of players that certain powers/abilities could come from.

If everyone is sleeping during the day, then the mafia are guaranteed to always be up and active and killing at night, it will benefit the mafia.

If everyone sleeps whenever then mafia have to organise themselves and they don't know who is sleeping when ahead of time, preventing them from gaining another advantage.

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (isolation #18) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:06 am

Post by easjo682 »

just before I die, do you guys want me to claim?

Also something you guys may or may not find interesting but Albert B Rampage contacted me through his ability thing.
he had some interesting phrases that he chose to say including; how he found it interesting that townspeople had turned on me; he thought chrono was scum and didnt think much of Viqles; he said he didnt find me suspicious and thats why he chose to speak to me; he said he didn't like UK's sleep plans and the way she was behaving but thought it came off as townish; he wanted me to claim to him privately before I had to publicly which I did, also sharing with him my ability both of which I will post for you guys should you want me to.

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (isolation #19) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:29 am

Post by easjo682 »

I'd rather have everything laid out in public, so everyone has a chance to know

I'm a Guild Sorcerer and my Alignment is Town.
My inventory item is
Fetish-Crafting Kit , it allows me to craft a fetish of a person, so that whatever happens to me that phase will happen to them.

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (isolation #20) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:05 pm

Post by easjo682 »

Wow.... I did not expect to be resurected
first off, having thought about the QT between me and ABR, the way he worded somethings has made me think that hes mafia, also some of the information I released to him, I expected to be made public as soon as it had been read, but it wasn't, it took until I made my post summing up what ABR had said in our post before he retaliated with knowledge of my fetish crafting.
Vote: ABR
Please remember that votes must be in bold.

will read posts and talk about them soon, running out of words...

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (isolation #21) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:36 pm

Post by easjo682 »

I'm a bit suspect of Nikanor, something has been off, was discussing it with UK, until I was resurrected, at which point reading through posts, everyone I'd like to direct you attention to post 330, anyone spot anything?
Also for those people who may receive a second item, I'd like to have one, now that I'm itemless
@ farside: I don't know why or how I was resurrected, just that I was
@ VV: 1. think ABR is scum for above post reasons, 2. in the QT between me and him, started by him. 3. will answer in next post.

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (isolation #22) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:00 pm

Post by easjo682 »

3. well it didn't happen until toward the end, he asked me a question about it, that was his reaction
2. time and stuff, very early into our chat, don't think I'm allowed to quote exact numbers.
will be back later

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (isolation #23) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:47 pm

Post by easjo682 »

around end page three start page four
well see I had already targeted UK before I told him about it, he only asked a question about it, about how long it lasted.
I dont know why he chose to hammer even after the info was made public.

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (isolation #24) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:43 am

Post by easjo682 »

I don't believe its the kind of thing that you could change your mind with, I should've asked the mod, it never occurred to me though.

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (isolation #25) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:00 am

Post by easjo682 »

no, I chose early on into the game to target UK and toward the end of the day (not the very end) started to feel she was town and that I'd made a mistake, I didn't think to ask the gm if I could uncreate the item or drop it etc

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (isolation #26) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:28 am

Post by easjo682 »

also been reminded that my vote wasn't in bold as I thought it was, thanks for pointing it out mod!
Vote: ABR

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (isolation #27) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:39 am

Post by easjo682 »

I would probably gone for UK, theres a reason lynched players get lynched.

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (isolation #28) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:37 am

Post by easjo682 »

I'm a bit suspect of Nikanor, something has been off, was discussing it with UK, until I was resurrected, at which point reading through posts, everyone I'd like to direct you attention to post 330, anyone spot anything?
anyone see it yet?
he said that he tried to sleep, which went against the plan he was part of generating, the plan where people only slept in public, in the day...

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (isolation #29) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:47 am

Post by easjo682 »

Did you self-ressurect?
what sorry I didn't see that question
no, how could I? I dropped my item as I died, I told everyone what it did before I died, how could I've self resurrected?

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (isolation #30) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:12 am

Post by easjo682 »

also I'm town why would I answer in any other way?

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (isolation #31) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:35 am

Post by easjo682 »

easjo are we making an alliance or what.
theres a reason anti alliance is in my signature.
Not a stupid question. Necromantic book.
flavour

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (isolation #32) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by easjo682 »

reaper charlie, even if I knew 100% (and I dont) that you were the resurrector I still wouldn't form an alliance, alliances are risky because its risky to trust any player in a game.

pittbunny post 390, i only answered 'flavour' because i felt thats all it was and therefore all that needed to be said

also why the fuck did you claim reaper?

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (isolation #33) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by easjo682 »

why not? if I was scum, would I rez a townie? (insert wifom here)
theres also the WIFOM of if you are the resurrector

GMT +12 (New Zealand)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”