Mini 950: DCI Mafia (The Results Are In...)

Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:18 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Hi everyone! I'm going to read the thread now, and I'll have another post in a bit.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:36 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

I'm not seeing any problems with kunkstar. Looker appears the scummiest to me so far. I don't like his answers, he hasn't shared much else, and he's been on the site over a year and doesn't know what meta is, and doesn't know how to find out? And he somehow answered the questions about meta before he said he didn't know what it is?

Vote: Looker
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:47 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Slaxx wrote:Why do you find kunk inno?
I'm not saying I think he's definitely innocent, I just don't really see anything that makes me suspicious at this point.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Parama wrote:I want to see something from Stepho before I make a decision.
Here ya go.

*disco dancing*

I don't find you particularly scummy, by the way.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

NavyCherub wrote:k!
unvote

Vote Looker
for having done nothing yet and going "unnoticed" in this respect for quite a bit.
I voted for him, and I'm waiting to hear a response.

Which, kunkstar, is one of the reasons I disco danced when someone said he/she was waiting for me to "do" something.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (isolation #5) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Slaxx wrote:Stephoscope, you got an opinion on Ani?
I lean town on ani. I liked his questions in the early stage, as well as his explanation of his "random" vote, which made perfect pro-town sense.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (isolation #6) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:14 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Calling one's own town play scummy is a red flag. I don't fault someone for placing an early vote based on that.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (isolation #7) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:27 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Since I'm not voting for him, and since you're the one who thinks I'd be a good lynch even though I haven't been here since the beginning and even though I put a case on someone and then he disappeared, I'm not sure why you're trying to convince me.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

EBWOP: Upon review, you did say you were looking to bandwagon me, not necessarily lynch me.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (isolation #9) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:48 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Slaxx wrote:In fact, under ISO, you havent done anything BUT go for Looker.
You remember I joined the game late, right? And is it my fault the person I suspect couldn't be bothered to respond?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (isolation #10) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Starbuck wrote:On Day 1, I'm lucky if I have one scum read. So I will keep presenting my case.
Same here, and I am sorry I'm being perceived as a lurker, but there's not much I can do when the person I bring accusations against disappears. Let's lynch Looker and then I promise I will post more tomorrow.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (isolation #11) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Parama wrote:Question; has anything that Looker has done since you originally posted your case against him done anything to change your opinion of him?

I'm just glad you're not using lurking as a part of your case or I would have to brutally murder you for hypocrisy.
If anything, I'm more convinced he's scum. I'm willing to take the heat tomorrow if he is lynched today and flips town.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:07 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Vote: CryMeARiver

His predecessor was scummy. His case on Nikanor admittedly makes some sense, but my gut is telling me I shouldn't trust it.

CryMeARiver, why would a scum act hypocritically at this point in the game?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (isolation #13) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Nikanor wrote:
Steth wrote:CryMeARiver, why would a scum act hypocritically at this point in the game?
Why
wouldn't
a scumbag act hypocritically? More importantly, why are you defending me?
Why wouldn't a scum act hypocritically? I don't know...because they don't want to seem like scum maybe?

My statement had nothing to do with you. In fact, I find you scummy as well. Misrepresenting me is something a scum would definitely do.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (isolation #14) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:51 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

EBWOP: They're probably not both scum. I just find them both suspicious, and would bet that one is.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (isolation #15) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:52 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

kunkstar7 wrote:Is this purely a gut feeling or is there something within the case that triggers this response?
It read like something I would try if I were scum trying to look helpful-townie.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (isolation #16) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Nikanor wrote:Your statement was in direct response to CMAR's case on me. It had EVERYTHING to do with me and you most certainly WERE defending me!
Also, why is it that you don't think that scum would be hypocritical yet think that scum would misrepresent someone? How are those two different?
Unvote. Vote: Stethoscope.

Sccccuuuuuum.
How are those two different? Well, "hypocritical" and "misrepresenting" are two different words that mean two completely different things. I maintain that "misrepresenting" is something that scum do, as it helps them advance cases on players whom they know to be town, but being "hypocritical" is a null-tell to me. If, for example, I am lurking (for whatever reason) as town, that doesn't mean I can't be suspicious of someone else who's lurking, as I know my own motives, but cannot be sure of theirs.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (isolation #17) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:26 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Nicodemus wrote:If I don't get something up in the next 24 hours, replace me please.
If you're scum, just say so and then we probably won't need a replacement.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (isolation #18) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:30 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Nikanor wrote: Gotcha. Too bad there is no scumhunting in this post, or I would be completely satisfied.
Unvote. Vote: Parama.

Speaking of scumhunting, why is it that I'm the only one doing any right now?

I don't like your apparently judging posts as to whether or not they're "scumhunting". I am scumhunting every second that I am in a game as town. Every interaction provides something else to analyze. "Anti-town" moves can often win games for town.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (isolation #19) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:49 am

Post by Stephoscope »

kunkstar7 wrote:Its nice of you to show up. If this is your definition of scumhunting then I find it very poor. Seems more like just commentary than anything. Any reads today? I see a vote on CMAR, for the stated reasons of his case seeming poor and a scummy predeccesor. Why is his predeccesor scummy?

muh316 was scummy because his posts and answers were ridiculously simplistic for someone who's been on the site a good while. And he only really posted for a one or two real-life day stretch. He may have just not wanted to be scum.
kunkstar7 wrote:What do you think about Looker having flipped town? From your ISO:
Stephoscope wrote:If anything, I'm more convinced he's scum. I'm willing to take the heat tomorrow if he is lynched today and flips town.
How do you think this reflects on you? I'm undecided if this was meant to be so blatant we would ignore it or if you really thought he was scum.
It sucks; I was wrong. He looked like obvious scum to me.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (isolation #20) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:51 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Nikanor wrote:CMAR! WHY THE HELL DO YOU HAVE YOUR VOTE ON ME IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO RESPOND TO WHAT I'VE SAID?!
Actually,
Unvote. Vote: CMAR.

If this is what it takes to get things done around here, so be it.
A CMAR wagon will please me.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (isolation #21) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:39 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

I kinda think Starbuck is town. WIFOM alert, but I don't think that she would have made that silly roleclaim as scum.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (isolation #22) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

CryMeARiver wrote:
kunkstar7 wrote:
Parama wrote:Actually, new plan that makes everyone happy.
Lynch someone like CMAR or kunk, then have Starbuck get vigged tonight. Personally I think we can get more info out of a CMAR or kunk lynch than a Starbuck lynch, and both are nice and scummy anyways.
CMAR get that quote out of your sig

Vig: shoot Starbuck tonight

unvote, vote: kunkstar
This is backtracking to a certain degree(Its backtracking because you said you weren't changing your vote, then you proceed to change your vote and present a plan that leaves your target alive till night). In the previous post you state that Starbuck is the scummiest player at the moment but you are willing to let her go and lynch a lesser suspect because you believe there is a townvig? Some things wrong with this. One, you chose to leave the player you just called scummiest alive for night, and two, you base your decisions on an unproven belief of a vig. There are way too many possibilities in a closed setup for you to be willing to give up your scummiest lynch because you hope there's a town PR that'll kill them off for you. I could see asking a vig to kill your lesser suspect, but the way you stated your plan is bad in my opinion.

Regarding Starbuck's claim, the only problem I have with it is its emotional wording. I for one find the early part of the VT claim as more of a nulltell, considering I have done that myself. I still believe CMAR is a better lynch right now (He's been hiding too much, and I find Nik's side in their argument better), but Nico brings up some interesting stuff on Nikanor that I didn't consider. CMAR > Nikanor > Starbuck.
Screw this, I'm vanilla townie as well. I am the
Colts
. I originally had a Western theme, but I ran out of music to play and decided to diversify my music. I have no special abilities and when all other factions have left the game (or nothing can prevent it from happening, which idk how that can happen from a town perspective).
Why thank you for going into so much detail about a publicly-posted townie PM.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (isolation #23) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Parama wrote:If your reason for thinking Starbuck is town is WIFOM, should you really be trusting it?
Yes--there's WIFOM in everything but I have to go with my gut, even though it's sometimes wrong.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (isolation #24) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

CryMeARiver wrote:Publicly posted? Where?
Riiight. You couldn't be bothered to check, you know, where townie PMs are normally posted.

CMAR IS SCUM
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (isolation #25) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Slaxx wrote:lol.
this is facepalm worthy. how does that prove jack shit?
I'm already voting for him, genius, but come on. Playing dumb about where the vanilla PM is?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (isolation #26) » Sat May 01, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

CryMeARiver wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:
CryMeARiver wrote:Publicly posted? Where?
Riiight. You couldn't be bothered to check, you know, where townie PMs are normally posted.

CMAR IS SCUM
I'm seriously confused. I checked the Sample PM's before I wrote that last post and my claim is not there. I provided flavor info that came with my role and my troop name.
You provided generic information that was already posted in the sample PMs...so close it could have been copy/paste...except you forgot to type the word "win" when you were typing in your made-up role instead of copying and pasting your scum one.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (isolation #27) » Sun May 02, 2010 2:09 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

kunkstar7 wrote:Steph, do you really believe that CMAR's claim is scummy because of the way he claimed? I'm really seeing you just blowing it out of proportion to substantiate your case against him, that's scummy. Also tunneling on CMAR. What say you to Nikanor's miller claim? The back and forth between Parama/Starbuck?
Yes. He made it look like it was copied/pasted, but it clearly wasn't. Because he had to type it to put in the fake info.

I think I believe Nikanor. I think Parama and Starbuck are both town.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (isolation #28) » Thu May 06, 2010 5:20 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

I am Pacific Crest, vanilla town. If anyone needs any other info, let me know.

I obviously pass the baton to CMAR.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (isolation #29) » Thu May 06, 2010 5:26 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

no! CMAR is lying! if he flips town you can take out your anger on me!
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (isolation #30) » Fri May 07, 2010 7:04 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

There's nothing wrong with being tunneled when the plqyer you're tunneling on is scum. Vote CMAR, please.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (isolation #31) » Sat May 08, 2010 5:18 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Steph wrote:There's nothing wrong with being tunneled when the plqyer you're tunneling on is scum. Vote CMAR, please.
I'm pretty sure today we are nolynching with the number of players we have.[/quote]

I'm not sure I'm a fan, as I understand that strategy, but it makes more sense if you aren't sure who the scum is. Regardless, I'll move on.

Can I ask what claiming regiment, and not role, would possibly get us?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (isolation #32) » Mon May 10, 2010 3:41 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

kunkstar7 wrote:
Stephoscope wrote: I'm not sure I'm a fan, as I understand that strategy, but it makes more sense if you aren't sure who the scum is. Regardless, I'll move on.
Why are you so certain that CMAR is scum? I have yet to see
today
a reasonable explanation
from you
other than "he is scum." If you would kindly recap.
Why do you highlight the word "today"? If I said it yesterday, why wouldn't it still apply?

In fact, it applies more so now that Nikanor flipped town. CMAR's attack on him seemed very much like what I would do if I were scum. Call it gut feel or whatever you want, but sometimes you just know scum when you see it.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (isolation #33) » Tue May 11, 2010 5:19 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

kunkstar7 wrote:Wow, how are you even pushing that lynch on these reasons?
Did you miss how CMAR claimed that typing out a PM word for word is somehow permissible, but using the copy/paste function is not?

Nachomamma: Good question.

Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (isolation #34) » Fri May 14, 2010 5:17 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Sorry I've been absent. Tough week. I'll be around more this weekend.

My flavor (paraphrased):

I'm really into movies, and am located in the main center of that industry. I specialize in making music for movies. Hopefully this movie will have a happy ending, and we can prevent the good guys from becoming angels.

I'm really unhappy about these comments on how I have no reason to be voting for CMAR. I'm voting him because he his scum. His "scumhunting" (on a townie) was fishy, and his role PM histrionics confirmed it.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (isolation #35) » Fri May 14, 2010 4:57 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Slaxx wrote:Why wait to give us the flavor?
It wasn't intentional.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (isolation #36) » Sat May 15, 2010 10:31 am

Post by Stephoscope »

I'm not trying to tunnel on CMAR, but I don't really have scum reads on anyone else.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (isolation #37) » Sat May 15, 2010 11:25 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Sure, that's why I want to lynch CMAR.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (isolation #38) » Sun May 16, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Slaxx wrote:I am trying not to let my frustration effect the way I judge your behavior, but it is becoming very hard for me to do so. I usually relate uncooperativeness to scum. After all, they are the only ones who don't want to push town away from victory, yes?

You have yet to elaborate on why witholding your flavor was unintentional. You had the time to type out "if you need more, ask" but not time ti type out 2 sentences of paraphrased flavor? And surely it did not slip your mind, because by saying "if you need more, ask" you acknowledged that there was indeed more flavor. So if there was no extra effort involved, and you had extra flavor, and you withheld it even though you acknowledged it and had time to type out something else, how was this act of secrecy unintentional? Why have you not yet elaborated on this, blatantly ignoring that part of the question?

A) Answer and Explain the questions above
B) Give a case on CMAR Other than "He led a lynch on a townie, he tunneled" (hypocrisy at its finest)
C) Give possible scum suspects other than CMAR, i.e a back up suspect or a possible partner
A) I did not realize flavor was considered important. Keep in mind I was also criticized for providing my ROLE when I was asked to ROLECLAIM! I have no reservations whatsoever with providing my flavor, and the only reason (in my opinion) that it could be framed as "scummy" is that I paraphrased very carefully.

B) For the third time or however many times it's been, CMAR's claim was like verbatim from the publicly posted vanilla role, and yet he maintained that somehow manually typing a role word by word was acceptable, but cutting and pasting, leading to the same result, was not. CMAR WAS TYPING THE ROLECLAIM BECAUSE HE WAS MAKING IT UP. IT WAS NOT IN HIS INBOX.

C) I will happily point out additional suspects, WHEN I HAVE THEM. I have not yet seen anything so suspicious that I would think it beneficial to shift focus from CMAR. Deal with it.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (isolation #39) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

CryMeARiver wrote:Oh, now I see, you think I copied the bolded from the sample PM? First of all, that's not flavor, so STOP fucking saying I copied my flavor from the sample
Kindly point out where I have "fucking" said that.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (isolation #40) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Sample PM: Mandarins, Vanilla Townie wrote:
You have no special abilities. You win when all other factions have left the game, or nothing can prevent this from happening.
CMAR wrote:
I have no special abilities and when all other factions have left the game (or nothing can prevent it from happening,
I mean, that's probably modkillable if it were actually from a moderator PM to you, but it isn't.

I paraphrased EVERYTHING about my role PM except for the information above, which went without saying since I already claimed vanilla town and obviously knew that stuff was also posted publicly.

You're busted...so you can either go down with some dignity, or you can continue with insults and profanities and histrionic fake laughter and continue to embarrass yourself...
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (isolation #41) » Tue May 18, 2010 4:36 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Stephoscope wrote:
CryMeARiver wrote:Oh, now I see, you think I copied the bolded from the sample PM? First of all, that's not flavor, so STOP fucking saying I copied my flavor from the sample
Kindly point out where I have "fucking" said that.
Your silence on this is deafening, CMAR.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (isolation #42) » Thu May 20, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Slaxx wrote:Anyway, point being, we have to take chances. Follow me in my ballsless no lynch.
This seems like an oxymoron to me. I know what you meant, but let's "take chances" and lynch someone who's scummy.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (isolation #43) » Sun May 23, 2010 5:03 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (isolation #44) » Mon May 24, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Crap. I'm sorry town. My gut has been right a lot of the time, and I was almost positive. I feel awful :(

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”