Mini #893 - Dollhouse Mafia (Game Over!)

Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:58 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Since we appear to have longer left than in my other ongoing game (which has a deadline of... today) I hope you'll forgive me if put that one to rest quickly before getting up to speed here.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:39 am

I'm scum? I'm surprised by that, certainly, since it ain't the PM I got. Maybe you got a different one, I don't know. Do explain, if you're willing.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:55 am

TheButtonmen wrote:Before I place my imprint vote I'm wondering is
Knight of Cydonia
has any questions / theories or comment they want to share?
I'm starting my Wot I Think post now.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (isolation #3) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:30 pm

I am struggling my way through this game. You fuckers love to theory-bullshit your way into walls of text. Page 16 right now. There will be a post happening soon. I want to do it all in one shot.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (isolation #4) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:23 pm

Wot I Think (Written as I read, thoughts/feelings on players will change throughout.)

= Early exchanges on imprint theory are interesting. DeathNote brings up the idea of "imprint everybody!" first, then gets voted instantly by elvis and is suddenly very contrite about it all. Little early bus maybe? Limerickx's plan kinda makes sense - control who has abilities, wait for the scum to move, then work from that controlled group to find scum. It assumes scum will definitely get power roles to kill though. Imprinting till someone gets a kill power... hm. I dunno. However...

= Elvis_knits and my predecessor have it right. Fuck the dice.

= THe Buttonmen's logic in these first couple of pages is shitty and bad and adjective and feels scummy in that he continues pushing it after it's shown to be these things.
The Buttonmen wrote: We can't play this game like normal if we want to win IMO, 8-4 is unwinnable by town in regular mafia, thus playing this like a regular game of mafia seems a terrible call.
= Wrong. That's only unwinnable if you have a town of fucking idiots, or really bloody good scum.

= VMD tries to shake things up, get discussion onto scum-hunting instead of breaking the setup, and SerialClergyman calls it "scummy as" but doesn't throw down a vote to back this apparent opinion up. Testing the waters to see what others think before committing? VMD calls him on this, and even TheButtonmen agrees it's not scummy, but then later on page 4 throws this out there:
TheButtonmen wrote: You make yourself sound very dangerous to town when its in a game with a very very small margin of error. Also does this mean you will lurk / leave the game the moment you stop having fun?
...which I don't particularly like the look of. VMD's response echoes my own: I don't like gaming the system. iam is a good enough mod to have not left a system that players could break, and the attempts by Buttonmen to force the town into his plan feel like pushing away from actual scumhunting.

= Plum's entrance post is pretty good. Makes good point about Buttonman taking a while to comment on DN, and he still hadn't voted for DN at this point. Buttonmen spotting that DN's plan was screwy late, perhaps decided to give it a couple of pages, then bus? Claims the speed of the game's progress made it hard. Not sure I buy it.

= DN is flailing madly D1, can see why lynched. Buttonmen seems to love calling his reasoning "terribad" without really committing to calling him scummy for pushing such bad logic.
elvis_knits wrote:It should be obvious from my posting and mod questions on the first page that I didn't know mafia can't NK either.
= Yeah, 'cause I totally can't see you being smart enough to act that one out, elvis. ¬_¬
elvis_knits wrote:This is almost certain proof that we're both town.
= Wat. You're trying to clear yourself AND Clergyman D1 with this? You's be trollin'. Oh, and you both want both of you to be imprinted too? How bloody convenient.

= VMD is thinking the same thing I am at this point. It's like she was never replaced at all, she just got a sex change.

= Elvis' major malfunction is that she assumes an average level of intelligence, not a especial one. She doesn't factor in that scum could be really fucking dumb (and not realise they haven't got a NK) or really fucking smart (and realise it, AND play on this). Or maybe she does. She also assumes that "none of you really understand my playstyle". Essentially, she wants to rule the town. Play to her plan, or be scum. ¬_¬

= Buttonmen calls it. Four people at least, plus anyone who didn't explicitly say so, and Elvis clears... herself and Clergyman. Hypothesis: Elvis and Clergy arranged to clear themselves in the scum quicktopic via this method. DN and another scum played dumber/said nothing to ensure that if the plan went tits up, two rogue actives would NOT be connected to it. Alternative hypothesis: Elvis-scum links herself to Clergy-town to get both imprinted - 1 permanent skill for 1 temporary one in an 8/4 split would be quite acceptable to scum D1.
SerialClergyman wrote:Information like strong ignorance or strong knowledge of setup is more concrete than someone who 'looks' town, in my opinion.
TO
SerialClergyman wrote: And it's not an overreaction, it's just a read. I think you're scum. *waves*.
= ...in one page, SC goes from trusting "information like strong ignorance or strong knowledge" to just going "meh, this is my read, i'm not gonna back it up much, VOTE TIEMZ NAOW" =/

= Serious WIFOM and chainsawing by SerialClergyman for himself and Elvis. A theme emerges. Ridiculous over-reaction by Elvis and SC against Starbuck, who was making some bloody good points.

= SC attempts to discredit everything Starbuck says because her comments on Elvis are about Elvis attacking DeathNote. Uhm... when most of what Elvis did for the first few pages was attack DeathNote, directly or indirectly, that's probably WHY DeathNote kept popping up in Starbuck's posting. It feels (justified by D2's outcome) that Serial was trying to pin Starbuck onto DeathNote in case DN went down. Which he did, and Starbuck followed.
SerialClergyman wrote:I never
accused
DN of being scum. The only time I even
insinuated
it was very early in the game
= Neat semantics.

= Messiah makes a point. SC/Elvis' entire Starbuck+DN=scum logic is based on them both being scum because the other is scum. DN is scum because starbuck is defending him, Starbuck is scum because she's defending DN. Yet... SC and Elvis are doing pretty much the same thing. By their own logic, then, they're doing something scummy...

= lewarcher taking absolutely nothing from the several pages so far is just... :shock: :? :evil:

= That said, he pulls it out and comes up with some decent content almost straight after.
Elvis_knits wrote:I want people to defend how they think it is reasonable to assume me and SC are buddies pulling a gambit.
= Uh, hey Sherlock, people have been doing that for quite a while by this point. (Pg 12)

= All of Plum's big post feels like ME TOO, but on EVERYONE.

= Oh crap, farside is in this game. Someone else I can't read too good. In fact, I can only ever reliably read Starbuck... and she dead. =/

= Elvis claims in post 292 to basically have a gut town read on on VMD/me, despite debunking/attacking much of what VMD said for several pages. =/

= Rockoner comes in, makes a big post (kinda like this one)

= DeathNote giving up at this point is pretty standard for him as scum, despite his "I NEVER PLAY THE SAME LOL" facade, and is the cue for the wagon.
SerialClergyman wrote:
I have a suggestion. Lynch DN, imprint me. If I'm wrong, and he's town, I'll be the next lynch, and I'll tell you all what my power was and where I used it and what I found. If I'm right, we lynch Starbuck and imprint me and elvis.
= OhsweetJebuscouldyoubeanymorefuckingobviousscumafterthisshitidkmanidk.
SerialClergyman wrote:Ok - different plan. Lynch me, imprint elvis. If I flip scum, lynch elvis. That would only cost you 1 day with imprinted scum. If I flip town, lynch Starbuck or Deathnote and imprint elvis again.
= Againwiththisfalsedichotomylineuplynchshitsrsly?

= Buttonmen has been quietly solid since his game-breaking attempts, which were anti-GAME rather than anti-town, and is giving me town vibes all the way through since. If we imprint anyone today I suggest him.

= Discussing how many imprints we want to make each day sounds like a damn good idea.
Proposal: before any actual hunting goes on each day, we decide on how many imprints (but not necessarily who). These discussions will be done and dusted with, we end them there, and they could also provide a certain amount of info. Would like thoughts on this.
elvis_knits wrote: If she's scum, you're her buddy.
= This on Reckoner not commenting on Starbuck.
elvis: Starbuck has flipped town. opinion on Reckoner?

= Re: the scum PM - as a mod, personally, I always specify that scum have the night-kill power if they have it.

= Pug89 364 pretty much summarizes why SC is scum.
elvis_knits wrote:The lack of support for anyone indicates that we're not scum.
[quote="elvis_knits" Two confirmed town [/quote]
= Wat.

= Elvis and SC's interaction beginning of Page 16 feels so contrived, like they're trying VERY HARD to make it VERY OBVIOUS that they're NOT DAYTALKIN', K?

= Oh god SC just said "statistically" can we get back to scumhunting kthx?
Oh wait, he has a vested interest in keeping away from that.
SerialClergyman wrote:I concede all points. Not everyone has jumped on the wagon - rather mostly everyone (except DN and Starbuck, I believe) have expressed a willingness to see him lynched.

He is not your biggest suspect, but is it fair to say he's one of your biggest suspects? top 3?

So the language was slightly hyperbolic, now go back and read the content and tell me what you think.
= "Okay, so that was all shit, but IF i had meant something entirely else, you'd agree, right?"
elvis_knits wrote:I <3 post 450. So much win on it. When the guys posts stuff like that I wonder why nobody else thinks he's town.
= Do you? REALLY? =/
elvis_knits wrote:I just had a great idea...

Let's launch a counter offensive!

imprint pug; imprint plum
= Waaaaaaaaat.
SerialClergyman wrote:
unvote, vote deathnote

executive decision. Let's continue this after a flip.
= Woah, who the FUCK promoted you, bub? Scum wanting to hammer on buddy to prevent a night for town with imprints?

= Yup, instantly pulls the "K, I HAMMERED SCUM, I ARE CONFIRMTOWN NOW K" shit.

= Oh, and now we have "K, let's keep chaining these lynches as I order you too, m'kay?"
SerialClergyman wrote:IF Starbuck THEN Vala.
= Starbuck flipped town, and yet from your reaction to my entrance, you're still certain I'm scum. By your fucked up logic of "FLIPS TOTALLY CONFIRM PEOPLE IF I SAY SO" I should be clear because Starbuck was town...

= VMD asks this very question and SC replies... OH WAIT, he doesn't. ¬_¬ So now I'M asking it:
Why, if Starbuck-scum would have equalled VMD/me-scum, is the opposite not true?

Vala Mal Doran wrote:
farside22 wrote: A vote means you believe someone is scum.
Well, I found a point we disagree on, then. It was early enough in the game that I really didn't have any suspects. Therefore, a vote to get more appropriate discussion going is perfectly acceptable imo.
= This, THIS, a thousand times THIS.

= Starbuck... is Starbuck. Good defence post, but she seems to have about 5 different threads running in her mind, which can get misinterpreted as scummy flip-flopping because they don't always get tied up properly at the end. I could have told you Starbuck was town about Page 12-13, tbh. She is, rather depressingly, the only person I have ever had a consistent read on on this site.

= Elvis' 606 - basically says that farside isn't scum-hunting, because she's attacking Elvis and SC, and looking at VMD/me. Uh... looks like scumhunting to me, Jim.

= End of Day 2 thoughts: EK and SC are buddying so hard it hurts, and pushed a crap wagon through on Starbuck. Messiah willingly hammered on command, simply saying "Her 'I don't see where I defended him" defence isn't very persuasive." WTF man, WTF.

= Elvis' 633 in D2 twilight makes me facepalm SO hard. Seriously? Putting your scummy push on misrep down to play style differences? I cannot believe anyone will swallow this shit.
SerialClergyman wrote:Starbuck - you seem to really take this hard and to be honest, I thought a lot of your catchup post was AtE from someone desperate.
= I haven't read this much bullshit since Sarah Palin's biography. Starbuck ain't teh bad guy, guys!

Okay, I wanted very much to get through all of this but it's 6:20am, and I have to go get ready for work having not slept because I forgot to pick up my meds yesterday so FFFFFFF D< I will finish this afternoon, until then,
Vote: SerialClergyman, FoS EK, Messiah, Imprint: farside22
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:53 am

I love how SC and Elvis are both refusing to discuss my post and focusing entirely on VMD. Easier to pick on a less experienced player than her replacement? SC, you still haven't answered the question i asked of you in my catch-up post, as far as I can see. Neither has Elvis, IIRC, but I may be wrong.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:38 pm

Right. Working my way through the second half of this thing now.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:59 pm

= Elvis seems to be trying to connect Buttonmen to Starbuck as going particularly defensive on her post-lynch, but letting it happen for "I told you so" points. Ordinarily, I'd say creating such a massive double-bus bluff, two scum down for 2 town lynches (assuming the town mislynched D4), would be beyond scum, but with a daytalk available to them... we have to assume that the scum are using it.
SerialClergyman wrote:The other red flag for VMD is when she asked what happens if Starbuck flips town. It's one of those questions that looks like planning her position in advance and felt weird at the time.
= So it's okay for you to say "If starbuck is scum, VMD is too" but not okay for VMD to ask what if it's the other way round? Nice logic.
Messiah wrote:Imprints had slipped my mind, again. Just as they did when I put DN at L-1 on D1 before Reck reminded me.
= You forgot twice, despite the fact there was an imprint vote count in every vote count post? =/

= Limerick's 739 makes a good point.
SC: what makes Limerick's place on DN's wagon (one you yourself endorsed, remember) and non-place on Starbuck's wagon (a townie) which he at no point said "lol, told you, I are townie now k" make him scummy?

Limerickx wrote:So the fact that I didn't agree with you makes me look suspicious, even though I ended up being right?
= This pretty much summarizes Elvis and SC's attitudes for the first two days.

= SC's 755 irks me. Wagon analysis is pointless, since good players can and will play around with this to the point it just becomes endless WIFOM about whether or not scum would have gone 3rd or 2nd or whatever on a wagon.

= Elvis seems determined to focus on who wasn't on the DN lynch rather than scumhunt based on the (very short) D2 or what had happened of D3 at the time of post 764.
SerialClergyman wrote:A lynch of Starbuck (or even myself) would be easy to manufacture and they could essentially choose to be on it or not.

Deathnote's wagon was different, it really spring up. So yes, it's definitely odd to me that you would be on DN's wagon and not on SBs.
= wat. The DN wagon took 20+ pages. The Starbuck wagon took a bare handful. How... just... HOW?
xRECKONERx wrote:The blatant buddying is making me nauseous.
= QFT
xRECKONERx wrote:Farside, at first, didn't come off that scummy to me... but it seems the more she tries to defend herself, the more she digs her own grave. It's like I didn't see anything at first, but ek's attacks on her are actually showing her in a different light. It's nothing drastic, not yet at least, but she seems to be failing to defend herself properly.
= I don't agree with this. I think farside has defended herself adroitly. EK saying farside hasn't =/= farside not doing it. Elvis' whole "let's just agree you said what you said and I said what I said" shit feels like an attempt to excuse some misrep.
SerialClergyman wrote:I honestly need too much time and it's just a theory at the moment. I'm OK with the people likely to be imprinted so I'm not too worried.
= Uh, not how it works. Sare this theory now, if you would?

= Pretty much agree with everything CTD says on SC and Elvis. Not sure why VMD's LoS was "atrocious", would like an explanation for this.

Aaaaand that's me done up to where I replaced in.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (isolation #8) » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:27 am

...I'm not going to get my SC lynch today am I? =/
-sigh- Very well.
unvote; Vote No Lynch

imprint: Socrates
I don't necessarily agree with his opinions on certain players, but he's coming across as a solid town read for me.
unimprint: farside22
Not as sure about you as VMD was.

How come no imprint votes from CTD/SC yet?
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1163 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:05 pm

xRECKONERx wrote:I'm the worst town player in history.

Here's your muzzle. Now shush.
*cough* AtE much
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1199 (isolation #10) » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:13 am

Knight of Cydonia; I don’t think he’s scum at this moment, but I'd also prefer him not to get an imprint at this time.
You either think I'm town, and therefore would be willing to imprint me, or think I'm scum, and therefore do not. This isn't a multi faction game, people here are scum or town, and the fact that you've got fence posts up your arse for about half the players in the game at this point is most irksome. You don't think I'm scum - ergo, you must think I am town/leaning town. You *should* want town players imprinted as a townie. Saying "I don't think you're scum, but I won't imprint you" is crazy.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1283 (isolation #11) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:52 pm

SerialClergyman wrote:
thanks that makes me feel better now.
Your buddying nauseates me!!! :D
Irony levels: OVER 9000
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1287 (isolation #12) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:47 pm

You and farside have been, to some lesser or greater degree, at loggerheads for much of this game while not necessarily calling each other outright scum. Suddenly she is a perfect third imprint, when I could have sworn we wanted two, and you're trying to hold off the nolynch until you get what you want. I don't buy it. Two imprints is enough for tonight.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1298 (isolation #13) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:30 am

elvis_knits wrote:
Limerickx wrote:I don't see how those two are the only options at all.
They're most likely by far.
"Most likely" =/= the only options. Plenty of small variables and different plans possible.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1470 (isolation #14) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:14 pm

Sorry for not posting more.
RL has hit me major league style.
Internet hugs would be appreciated.
Will get onto writing something of worth tomorrow.

(if you'd really checked my posting for lurking you'd have seen this in my other Mafia game Button)
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1524 (isolation #15) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:39 am

Agree with Lim and Reck. Making the same imprints either gives us 3 more townies with powers tonight, or keeps the list of people we pick out scum from down to 3.
No imprints = no more info.
Different imprints = more cover for scum.

Y'know, Lim, I'd love to know what's so scummy about me too.
Especially since that whole "If Starbuck is scum, so is VMD" thing didn't work out.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1612 (isolation #16) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:50 am

I apologise for not posting more, but my connection is already shit and recent server issues have not been helping.
Any questions you have, repost/quote them and I will try and try again until a reply gets through if it kills me.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1717 (isolation #17) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:55 pm

No.
vote: nolynch
imprint: xRECKONERx
imprint: TheButtonmen
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1719 (isolation #18) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:00 pm

...it's 4am okay.
imprint: SerialClergyman
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1752 (isolation #19) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:14 pm

Right now I'm for a KOC lynch today, although he has barely posted anything today. Wasn't he getting replaced? I'm not going to vote for him now because he already has 3 votes and another would put him a L-1, but more than likely that will be were my vote goes today.
You're willing to vote me, but essentially, you want the hammer, since you refuse to put me at L-1, is that it?
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1762 (isolation #20) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:03 pm

Dohohoh, way to go, idiots.

A townie lynch, AND no imprints to help you tomorrow. Good luck, especially Reck, Socrates and SC. You three seem sort of sensible, apart from your idiot hammer, Reck.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2423 (isolation #21) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:40 am

I feel sorry for Starbuck, but as scum with no night-kills and, indeed, no powers whatsoever, this game was hard enough without letting a lurker lynch go.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”