5cvm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (isolation #0) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by 5cvm »

Hai guys.
3. Favorite color.
Green.

I have role information heavily indicating that Nachomamma8 is a member of the mafia.
Cases are overrated. Point to something blatantly scummy and insist that people are idiots if they don't see it and agree that the perpetrator is scum. ~Vi
5cvm
5cvm
Townie
5cvm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (isolation #1) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:27 pm

Post by 5cvm »

vote: Nachomamm8
Cases are overrated. Point to something blatantly scummy and insist that people are idiots if they don't see it and agree that the perpetrator is scum. ~Vi
5cvm
5cvm
Townie
5cvm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (isolation #2) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:59 am

Post by 5cvm »

No. He's implying that he is scum and the role information is his scum buddies.
Xvart's just a little bitter because I know he's scum in a different game. In this game, though, I'm town and I even have a power role! He just can't accept my brutal honesty. :) I love you though, xvart. Every bitter, tough-guy-over-the-internet part of you. Never change. <3
Role information? So what, you're a day cop?
Actually no (I do have an ability, but I don't have to use it and happens during the night). This is much more "static" information that I have about just one other player. My info is slightly based of flavor, but I'm about 80-90% positive because of it. I also read his early posts and it just fits. :) Maybe he even DID have pregame nighttalk chat and that's what made him think of the joke. ^^ ("It'll make me look town!")[/quote]
5cvm
5cvm
Townie
5cvm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (isolation #3) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:03 am

Post by 5cvm »

unvote, Vote: Nachomamma8
Def. more of this.
5cvm
5cvm
Townie
5cvm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (isolation #4) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:00 am

Post by 5cvm »

What?
5cvm
5cvm
Townie
5cvm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (isolation #5) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:05 am

Post by 5cvm »

Meh

Nachomamma8

Not sure if it's the right direction, but at least we're going somewhere.
By the way, I think this puts Nachomamm7 at L-1 (assuming it's a vote).

L-1... on page 4!

Now that's interesting.
5cvm
5cvm
Townie
5cvm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (isolation #6) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:16 am

Post by 5cvm »

I feel that raider8169 is certainly town kikuchiyo is almost certainly scum.

Raider8169 reacted to my claim with basic, stand-by reason that will help the town. Kikuchiyo... voted my guy, questioned raider, and then decided to tell raider
I think you're missing the point that 5cvm might just be an asshole.
?0.o
5cvm
5cvm
Townie
5cvm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (isolation #7) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:19 am

Post by 5cvm »

Raider has voted Nacho based on the "false dilemma" that one of you two must be scum.
Yeah... that was not a false dilemma at all. If you bothered to think instead of just deciding that criticizing dichotomies (which are not, contrary to popular belief, scummy) you'd know that! Sorry scummy-kik!
Are you saying that your "role information" statement was some sort of gambit?
Hm, why would you simply assume that? Wasn't my soft-claimed role information with all its context plausible enough for you? Or are you, perhaps, a little more informed than the rest of us! :O
5cvm
5cvm
Townie
5cvm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (isolation #8) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:31 am

Post by 5cvm »

Yeah... that was not a false dilemma at all. If you bothered to think instead of just deciding
to criticize
dichotomies (which are not, contrary to popular belief, scummy) you'd know that! Sorry scummy-kik!
Typo-fix
Meh

Nachomamma8

Not sure if it's the right direction, but at least we're going somewhere.
This initially appeared scummy to me. However, I realized that scum would not make this post. This is a towny post!
5cvm
5cvm
Townie
5cvm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (isolation #9) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:10 pm

Post by 5cvm »

Are you saying that your "role information" statement was some sort of gambit?
Yes, it was a gambit. A gambit inspired by my actual role, though. But you seemed to know this right away, which is odd (especially considering your failure to wow me with any other example of the insight required to see my "gambit.")

To clarify, though, Nachomamma was never mentioned in my role PM. Nachomamma has recently joined my heavy town reads.

TOWN:
Nachomamma
Raid8169

The way it seems to upset you makes me think you're scum. Your recent posts do nothing to help that. For example:
5cvm: Are you being deliberately obtuse here? If what Raider said is not a false dilemma, then that means that either you or he is scum. Do you believe that I am partnered with Nacho?
Usually I expect some sobering logic when someone says "Are you being deliberately obtuse here?" But in this case, no such luck.

What raider said was 100% a correct dilemma at the time. I do not believe you're partered with Nacho (although, yes, I had heavily considered that possibility at one point) because I presently believe Nacho is town.
5cvm
5cvm
Townie
5cvm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (isolation #10) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by 5cvm »

unvote
5cvm
5cvm
Townie
5cvm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (isolation #11) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:25 pm

Post by 5cvm »

You claimed you were town. You claimed 80-90% Nacho being scum. Even if your statistics hadn't been pulled entirely out of your ass, that leaves a 10-20% chance that Nacho could be town. Therefore the statement "Based on this information either 5cvm or Nacho is mafia" is a false dilemma. Google it. Its basic logic.
Sometimes I think people on this website get so caught up in being belligerent and accusatory that what they're actually talking about goes right out the window. In my first game here, I got really caught up in a entirely useless and unneccesary argument with one of those people, so needless to say I decided I'd never let
that
happen again.

Obviously accepting raider's dichotomy requires a gamble (with odds between 1/10 and 1/5) that my self-professed 80-90% chance would not "land" in the 10-20% Nacho-town margin. In this game we make way bigger gambles than that allll the time.
"heavily indicating" and 80-90%, one of the first thoughts that come to mind is that you are bullshitting.
Ok, while I admit that my "gambit" (which hardly deserves the title) was anything but inpenetrable, several people accepted it, and in the process of making it I made a second post with much more convincing wording.

Furthermore, it gained me all this fantastic knowledge about people's alignments. While I'm becoming less certain of kiku's alignment (unwarrented belligerence, while unhelpful, doesn't tend to come from scum), I'm fairly certain of Nachomamma's and raider's townyness.
(yay for Kiku buddying)
This is the kind of thing scum would say because they would think scum wouldn't say it. (That combined with a "it's the little things that count" philosophy. :) )
5cvm
5cvm
Townie
5cvm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (isolation #12) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:30 am

Post by 5cvm »

Xvart, I don't believe you and I will ever get along. <3 I'm afraid the same goes for me and a great number of people! According to conventional wisdom on this board, random aggressive accusations are pro-town. Well, I don't like making random, aggresive, mean-spirited accusations, so I have to resort to other things. Perhaps I should stop playing on this board. I certainly don't plan on signing up for any more games any time soon. "It's not you, it's me." :)

Anyway, on to the game...
Who accepted your soft "role claim" and what did they accept about it?
An example of ridiculosity. The people who votes based on it, obviouslt. ^^ I then got reads off of them because of it (selfish? perhaps), (and I also hoped to spark discussion of actual reasons people are scum, instead of reasons we don't like them, or they made a mistake, or what-have-you. He-said she-said, as somebody once called it.) With this, Kiku gave my heaviest scum read, Mr. Raider and NachoMamma being my heaviest town read.
So, since 5cvm "claimed" to have a power role that suggested Nochamama was scum and now thinks Nochamamma is definitely town he is lying either about his "power role" or he is lying about information in his "power role." Either way, he is lying
I was lying, yes. I clarified unambiguously that nachomamma was not mentioned in my role PM and that I think he's town. You should be happy I got off of it pretty quickly, compared to our other game. ;) Although, if it ever comes time for me to claim, you will see that my randomgambitclaim was inspired by my real role.
Unity wrote:he seemed pretty willing to let it go all the way on someone he had no sound basis for thinking they were scum.
Scum really wouldn't make that mistake. But if that's true than hey, you should definitely lynch me. But if you go back you'll see that how I went about the fake-heat makes sense. However, if you are just saying random things to get on my wagon (not horribly scummy in itself, although it's getting close), then, needless to say, shame on you.

My reading-powers are telling me the Kiku is scum. "False dilemma" arguement = huge fail, scum trying to find reasons to vote but failing (happens sometimes, not often.)

Gerhard Krause's play also makes me think he's scum. Regarding his second post: town, unless they're very insecure town, wouldn't be worried about that kind of thing!

Please note that I won't be very active during christmas (25th - 5th). If this will be a problem
the mod[/i] can replace me at his all-wise discretion.
5cvm
5cvm
Townie
5cvm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (isolation #13) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:33 am

Post by 5cvm »

Typo corrections:
The people who votes based on it, obviouslt.
The people who voted based on it, obviously. ^^
the mod[/i]
the mod
5cvm
5cvm
Townie
5cvm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #149 (isolation #14) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by 5cvm »

I have yet to understand why and no one has bothered to try to explain it. It may be a mute point but I would still like to know.
Is this what you are asking about?
me wrote:Obviously accepting raider's dichotomy [required] a gamble (with odds between 1/10 and 1/5) that my self-professed 80-90% chance would not "land" in the 10-20% Nacho-town margin. In this game [though] we make way bigger gambles than that allll the time.
(Kiku would do well to look at that too, although she didn't take it in to account back when I said it sooo...)
xvart wrote:In all honesty, and without speaking about ongoing games too much, I like you just fine in this game. Your first post, right out of the bat, seemed like exactly the same thing from the other game, only a little more passive aggressive about self claiming scum. I now realize that was my mistake and I shouldn't have jumped so high so fast. However, I still think you are scum this game.
Awwww, maybe we can get along after all. Saying that you think I'm actually
scum
is a good improvement at least. ;)
do you think that MrSuave is really scummy for lurking or are you just trying to derail the wagon on 5cvm?
Oh yeah, the second one, definitely. [/sarcasm] :roll: :P

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”