Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #755 (isolation #0) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:40 am

Post by Vi »

Setup reviewer here.

ZEX was meant to be an ultramiller, and in the end he died like one. ZEX's abilities were extremely powerful, but VUX in a ship that's just about as strong as the Ur-Quan Dreadnought was meant to raise a few eyebrows (and a noose or two).

The Chenjesu was in there because even with the occasional Hierarchy race thrown in as Town it was still difficult to find races that were obviously not anti-Town. So canon got broken a bit.

The Survivor was actually one of the more fun design ideas in the setup IMO.
Since we have a flavor expert here, I'll ask a design question. When SpyreX decided to give the Spathi a safeclaim (good idea), he wanted Slylandro and I pushed for Melnorme. (In retrospect Orz would have *fit* best with Rising's abilities, but Orz, etc.) Which was the better option?
I'd like to see the system used in a large game, possibly with an emphasis on something other than subversive Millers/race assumptions.
Actually, this game was a Large before it was trimmed down. There were a couple of other ideas in the beta version of the game that were thrown out because of said trimming, but I think it would be better if you saw those for yourself - during the next game, of course.

Remember: Cops are
bad
. Neighbors are
good
On a related note, the investigation roles were intentionally gimped in this game because of all the Hierarchy races running aboot. Since the players that were in Hierarchy ships jettisoned ASAP, the ZFP scan became much more powerful. But it's the Zoq-Fot-Pik, so that's okay ^.^
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #767 (isolation #1) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by Vi »

Rising 766 wrote:Even a simple thing like travelling in hyperspace is pure torture.
You do know about the autopilot, right?

I can't get used to the controls at all, though.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”