Mini #717 - Alpha Centauri Smalltown (Game Over!)

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mini #717 - Alpha Centauri Smalltown (Game Over!)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:50 am

Post by iamausername »

"Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden. He drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubim, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life."

-- The Conclave Bible, Datalinks

After a forty-year journey from an Earth left teetering on the brink of nuclear Armageddon, the United Nations colonial starship Unity reaches the lone habitable planet orbiting Alpha Centauri's primary star, bringing with it the hope of a new beginning for the human race.

Hope turns to ashes when, on final approach to the new world, a mysterious malfunction damages the ship, triggering a crisis that results in the death of the captain and a rash of infighting over the ship's undamaged colony pods. The Unity breaks apart in space and twelve colonial factions are scattered across the surface of the planet...

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

The Players:

Alive (1/12)

Occam - Captain Ulrik Svensgaard, Commuter (Narcissist) - Survived

Dead (11/12)

MonkeyMan576 - C.E.O. Nwabudike Morgan, Politician (Isolationist) - Sent to the Punishment Sphere Day 1

christiano drago
Yosarian2 - Comissioner Pravin Lal, Jailkeeper (Isolationist) - Assassinated Night 1

Oman - Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, Redirector (S.C.U.M. Alliance) - Assassinated Night 1

farside22 - Academician Prokhor Zakharov, Inventor (Isolationist) - Mutilated by mind worms Night 1

Cephrir - Prime Function Aki-Zeta 5, One-Shot Masonier (S.C.U.M. Alliance) - Sent to the Punishment Sphere Day 2

MacavityLock - Foreman Domai, Roleblocker (Isolationist) - Assassinated Night 2
Empking - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Supersaint (Isolationist) - Assassinated Night 2
Drunken Piper
Claus - Colonel Corazon Santiago, Bulletproof (Isolationist) - Sent to the Punishment Sphere Day 3

Gremwell
ortolan - Lady Deirdre Skye, Doctor (Isolationist) - Mutilated by mind worms Night 3

Crazy
Raging Rabbit - Datatech Sinder Roze, Tracker (S.C.U.M. Alliance) - Assassinated Night 3

charter - Prophet Cha Dawn, Vigilante (Isolationist) - Endgamed Day 4

Current Status:

Phase: Game Over!
Deadline: -
Last edited by iamausername on Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:21 am, edited 18 times in total.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:56 am

Post by iamausername »

The Rules (ganked from gorckat & modified)

1. Social Contract

*This is a game. I've done my best while setting it up to make it enjoyable for everyone. Fun is our first priority.

*I will do the following:
=treat this game as my MafiaScum priority, as a committment to the players
=post votecounts at least once per page whenever possible
=prod players w/o prompting
=answer questions as soon as possible

*I expect all players to do the following:
=have fun and play to win
=treat the game as a commitment to yourself, to the other players and to me
=not make personal attacks
=stay active per my activity policy
=bring concerns or problems to my attention as soon as possible
=if you believe I've made a mistake, please PM me and do not post it in the thread

2. Activity

*This game will have fixed deadlines (extensible only in extreme circumstances) and I expect players to actively participate.

*Days are 3 weeks long. Due to the holiday period, Day One will be 4 weeks. Nights will be ~72 hours long. All deadlines will expire at 7PM GMT.

*Players not posting for 72 hours will be prodded and must respond in the game thread within 24 hours, or risk being replaced. Weekends will count as a single 24 hour period for the purposes of these activity rules. I will prod for inactivity three times in a game day. On the fourth instance of 72 hours without posts, or on failing to respond to a prod, I will start seeking a replacement, and if one is found before you respond, you will be replaced.

*If you see a player has not posted in thread for 72 hours and I have not announced a prod, please PM me. All prods are stated publicly.

*If you will be away and unable to post over 48 hours, please let me know. You may be replaced if I believe your absence will disrupt the game.

3. Votes and Lynches

*Lynches will only occur with a true majority of voters. Once a person has reached a majority, they are dead and unvoting them will not stop the lynch.

*If the deadline hits before anyone has been lynched, then no one will be lynched.

*Votes and unvotes must be bolded in the following format (
vote: iamausername
unvote
). It is not necessary to unvote before making a new vote.

*Players may vote for no lynch to occur on any given day (
vote: No Lynch
). A majority of votes for no lynch will end the day and no one will be lynched.

*Until I have counted the votes and posted the death scene and role reveal, all players including the lynchee may continue to post. Once I have posted a vote count indicating a player is lynched, they are dead and are not to post anything else at all, not even a "Bah!" post.

4. Other (but still important!) Stuff

*Do not post or quote directly from any PM or communication outside this thread between me and you or you and another player. Do so and I will modkill you. Don't even fake it. Put whatever you have to say in your own words. Bask in the irony of me saying this when, like, 90% of these rules are not in my own words.
*Modkills end the day.
*Do not post in invisible/small text or otherwise attempt to hide the text of your posts.
*Do not edit your posts or the posts of others.
*Do not discuss this game with other players (whether in this game or not) outside of this thread, unless I have told you otherwise, until this game is completed.
*At my sole discretion I reserve the right to remove any player from the game and replace or modkill their role.
*If I've overlooked something and need to modify the rules to account for it, I will post a notice in the game thread and update this post.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:17 am

Post by iamausername »

The Roles

The following are the twelve roles that will appear in this game. All roles are completely open, and everyone will know who has what role. Alignments will be randomly distributed AFTER role drafting is complete.

"In the great commons at Gaia's Landing we have a tall and particularly beautiful stand of white pine, planted at the time of the first colonies. It represents our promise to the people, and to Planet itself, never to repeat the tragedy of Earth."

-- Lady Deirdre Skye, "Planet Dreams"

You are
Lady Deirdre Skye
, of the Gaian Stepdaughters. You've found that some of the flora of Planet makes for the ingredients of some pretty miraculous natural remedies. Unfortunately, they don't keep too well, so if you want to have a chance to counteract assassination attempts, you're going to have to be in the right place at the right time.

In other words, you're a
Doctor
. Each night, you may PM the name of another living player, and attempt to prevent any attempts to kill them on that night.

"Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outwards, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendent, and to embrace them is to achieve enlightenment."

-- Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, "Essays on Mind and Matter"

You are
Chairman Sheng-ji Yang
of the Human Hive. You have a very convincing way about you; somehow others find that they are compelled to agree with certain offhand suggestions you might make to them. Now, the other faction leaders are well aware of this little trick of yours, and they'll be expecting you to use it in the Council meetings, which rather effecitvely immunizes them against it. They might not be so wary when it comes to outside matters, however, so it may not be entirely useless to you.

In other words, you're a
Redirector
. Each night, you may PM me the name of another living player that you wish to redirect, and the name of any living player (including yourself) that you wish to be their new target. If successful, any night action the first player attempts (excepting the Narcissist's night kill) will target the second player instead of their original choice.

"The substructure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons, and behind electrons quarks. Each layer unraveled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."

-- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "For I Have Tasted the Fruit"

You are
Academician Prokhor Zakharov
of the University of Planet. Your faction is well ahead of the rest in scientific matters, and you've been developing some very interesting prototypes that ought to prove very useful to you. Unfortunately, in the current political climate, actually using them would probably earn you a one way ticket to the Punishment Sphere. Still, if you think you can trust any of the other faction leaders enough to act in your interests, they might fare better.

In other words, you're an
Inventor
. At any point during Day One, and once each night, you may PM me the name of another living player, and one of the following inventions:

CLOAKING DEVICE (One-shot Tracker)
DEEP RADAR (One-shot Watcher)
HEAVY ARTILLERY (One-shot Vigilante)
COMM JAMMER (One-shot Roleblocker)

On any subsequent night, that player may then use that invention instead of their usual night action (if any). These inventions are one use only: once you have sent an invention to someone, you cannot send that same invention again, even if that player fails to receive it for some reason.

"Human behavior is economic behavior. The particulars may vary, but competition for limited resources remains a constant. Need as well as greed have followed us to the stars, and the rewards of wealth still await those wise enough to recognize this deep thrumming of our common pulse."

-- CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Centauri Monopoly"

You are
CEO Nwabudike Morgan
of Morgan Industries. You've amassed a rather large fortune, and you might find that it helps you get your way. If words can't get your point across in the Council meetings, perhaps a fist full of credit chips will? Of course, all the money in the world won't persuade a man to vote for his own imprisonment.

In other words, you're a
Politician
. Each night, you may PM me the name of another living player and attempt to buy their vote the following day. If you are successful, their votes will not count in the true vote count, and you will have a second vote which can be sent to me via PM. However, if at any time you attempt to use either of your votes against the player you have bought the vote from, the effect of this action will be cancelled.

"Superior training and superior weaponry have, when taken together, a geometric effect on overall military strength. Well-trained, well-equipped troops can stand up to many more times their lesser brethren than linear arithmetic would seem to indicate."

-- Colonel Corazon Santiago, "Spartan Battle Manual"

You are
Colonel Corazon Santiago
of the Spartan Federation. Thanks to the rigorous training that all your followers have undertaken, you command the most disciplined military force on Planet. All these talks of assassinations don't have you scared one bit; surely no assassin stands a chance against the full force of the Spartan Federation.

In other words, you're
Bulletproof
. You don't have any special actions at night, but you can't be killed at night either.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesteryear. But it was never the streets that were evil."

-- Sister Miriam Godwinson, "The Blessed Struggle"

You are
Sister Miriam Godwinson
of the Lord's Believers. While you have submitted to the proposed democratic process to weed out the forces of evil on Planet during Council meetings, you are simply outraged that you of all people are being considered a possible part of it. Should any of the heathens cast the deciding vote that sends you to the Punishment Sphere, they might find that God Himself will smite them for their insolence. God Himself in the form of several thousand angry religious fanatics from New Jerusalem, that is.

In other words, you're a
Supersaint
. You have no special actions at night, but if you are lynched, the player that casts the final 'hammer' vote against you will also be killed.

"As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last loose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."

-- Commissioner Pravin Lal, "Librarian's Preface"

You are
Commisioner Pravin Lal
of the Peacekeeping Forces. You know that these are tough times, and humanity may soon become extinct if the leaders of Planet don't at least try to work together. When it suits them. So between Planetary Council meetings, you might want to bring your Peacekeeping Forces along to pay some faction a visit and help keep their perimeter defences fully staffed. And while you're at it, you'll keep the faction leader tied up in beauracratic red tape making sure they're keeping to all the regulations laid down in the U.N. charter for the Alpha Centauri mission. But I'm sure they won't mind. After all, you're doing them a favour, right?

In other words, you're a
Jailkeeper
. Each night, you may PM me the name of one other living player and attempt to both protect them from any kill attempts and prevent them from carrying out any night actions.

"Mankind has been blind for thousands of years-for all of its history. We have come to a place whose wonders are a hundred-fold more amazing than anything on Earth. Around us is clear evidence of the will of a higher power. I bring the Vision to the blind eyes of men. I bring the Word to the deaf ears of men. I will make them see it. I will make them hear it."

-- Prophet Cha Dawn, "Planet Rising"

You are
Prophet Cha Dawn
of the Cult of Planet. You have reached a deep understanding with Planet, and can communicate with her indiginent life and persuade it to do your bidding. So if you're having trouble getting your voice heard at the Planetary Council meetings, you might find that sending a boil of mind worms to pay someone a visit gets your point across very effectively. Be warned, however, that mind worm attacks do not make for the most subtle of assassinations; anyone killed in this fashion will leave a very distinctive corpse, and while nobody will be able to
prove
that you are responsible, you might find that the general paranoid atmosphere on Planet these days leads them to drop the "innocent until proven guilty" doctrine.

In other words, you're a
Vigilante
. Each night, you may PM the name of another living player, and you will attempt to kill them.

"Those who join us need give up only half of their humanity--the illogical, ill-tempered, and disordered half, commonly thought of as 'right-brain' functioning. In exchange, the 'left-brain' capacities are increased to undreamed potential. The tendency of Biologicals to cling instead to their individual personalities can only be attributed to archaic evolutionary tendencies."

-- Prime Function Aki-Zeta 5, "Convergence"

You are
Prime Function Aki-Zeta 5
of the Cybernetic Consciousness. You know that if only the other faction leaders could be persuaded to give up their attachment to the unnecessary emotions that rule them, humanity could prosper on Planet. The Consciousness has developed a method to forcefully induct one of the other faction leaders into its' numbers, but only has the resources to carry out the algorithm once, and doing so will leave you totally vulnerable to attack from the more unscrupulous leaders, so you'd best choose wisely. As if you'd choose any other way.

In other words, you're a
One-Shot Masonier
. Once during the game, at night, you may PM me the name of another living player. If they are aligned with the town, you will be able to communicate with them in private at all times from the following day onwards. If they are not aligned with the town, however, you will be killed.

"Now it's day and night the irons clang, and like poor galley slaves
We toil and toil, and when we die, must fill dishonored graves
But some dark night, when everything is silent in the town
I'll shoot those tyrants one and all, I'll gun the flogger down
I'll give the land a little shock, remember what I say,
And they'll yet regret they've sent Jim Jones in chains to Botany Bay."

-- "Jim Jones", Traditional

You are
Foreman Domai
of the Free Drones. Having a strong affinity with the downtrodden masses, you are able to incite a riot in any other faction's central base, keeping the faction leader too busy restoring order to pay a visit to anyone else between Planetary Council meetings.

In other words, you're a
Roleblocker
. At night, you may PM me the name of another living player. If that player attempts any night action, you will attempt to prevent them from carrying it out.

"What's more important, the data or the jazz? Sure, sure, 'Information should be free' and all that--but anyone can set information free. The jazz is in how you do it, what you do it to, and in almost getting caught without getting caught. The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz."

-- Datatech Sinder Roze, "Infobop"

You are
Datatech Sinder Roze
of the Data Angels. You have the most elite probe teams on Planet, with far superior training in the ways of stealth and espionage than any others. No matter how the other faction leaders try to keep their movements shrouded in secrecy, your teams will use everything at their disposal to find out what they can.

In other words, you're a
Tracker
. At night, you may PM me the name of another living player. If that player performs any night action (excepting the Narcissist's night kill), you will attempt to find out who they target.

"The sea ... vast, mysterious ... and full of wealth! And the nations of Planet send their trade across it without a thought. Well, the sea doesn't care about them, so it lets them pass. But we can give the sea a little hand in teaching the landlubbers a lesson in humility."

-- Captain Ulrik Svensgaard, "The Ripple and the Wave"

You are
Captain Ulrik Svensgaard
of the Nautilus Pirates. While the rest of those fools engage in petty squabbles over land, you roam free on the high seas, where none can touch you. However, loath as you are to admit, the ocean can't support you indefinitely, and sometimes you must make stops at Safe Haven to stock up on resources.

In other words, you're a
Commuter
. During the night, you may choose to commute, in which case any night actions targeting you will fail. However, you can only do this every other night; if you choose to commute one night, you will not be able to do so the next.

The Alignments

8 players will also receive:
...and you're an
Isolationist
. You're happy to co-exist peacefully with the other faction leaders, and your goal is to eliminate the ones that aren't.

You win when all members of the S.C.U.M. Alliance and the Narcissist are dead, and at least one Isolationist survives.
3 players will also receive:
...and you're a member of the Society of Centauri for the Unity of Mankind (or
S.C.U.M. Alliance
). You have decided that the goals and ideals of XXXX and YYYY are compatible with your own, and have formed a Pact of Siblinghood with them to try to conquer Planet together.

At night, you may communicate with your Pact Siblings using the following link: [URL], and you may choose one member of the Alliance to attempt to assassinate one of the other faction leaders instead of performing their usual night action (if any).

You win when all survivors are members of the S.C.U.M. Alliance, or it is inevitable that this will be the case,
or
if any phase (Day or Night) begins with exactly two players alive, and one is a member of the Alliance and the other is an Isolationist.
1 player will also receive:
...and you're the
Narcissist
. You have decided that the only acceptable path for mankind is total submission to your will.

Each night, in addition to your usual night action (if any), you may also attempt to assassinate one of the other faction leaders. This kill cannot be redirected by Yang's power, or tracked by Roze's power or any player with Zakharov's Cloaking Device.

You win when you are the sole survivor,
or
if any phase (Day or Night) begins with exactly two players alive, and you are one of them.

Some notes (more will be added if it is discovered that further clarifications are needed):

Resolution order for night actions:

1. Commuting
2. Blocking
3. Redirecting
4. Invention Giving
5. Protection (Blocking and protection functions of Jailkeeping will b resolved separately)
6. Killing
7. Vote Buying
8. Masoning
9. Tracking

- All night kills will be indistinguishable, EXCEPT Cha Dawn's vig kills, which will have their own distinct flavour.
- If two players (or three forming a loop) block each other, they will be shown to target each other if tracked.
- If three players block each other in a chain (A blocks B, B blocks C, C blocks D), all players except the one at the start of the chain will be blocked (in this case B, C and D will be blocked).
- Players receiving inventions from Zakharov will be informed of such at the beginning of the following phase (ie. at the start of Night One for the invention given during Day One, and at the start of the following day for inventions given during each night).
- If Aki-Zeta 5 is blocked while attempting to use her power, it will not be used up; she will be able to use it again on another night. If any player using one of Zakharov's inventions is blocked, they WILL be used up.
- If, however, Aki-Zeta 5's target is killed (and she is not blocked), her power WILL be used up.
Last edited by iamausername on Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:22 am

Post by iamausername »

The pregame phase will now begin. Players are free to ask any questions about the way the roles work, and each player will select their role.

The randomised order for role drafting is:

1. Oman
2. charter
3. MacavityLock
4. Empking
5. Cephrir
6. Crazy
7. farside22
8. christiano drago
9. Gremwell
10. Drunken Piper
11. Occam
12. MonkeyMan576

Each player has twelve hours (starting from the moment the previous player makes their choice) to choose a role. If they fail to do so within these twelve hours, the next player on the list may make their choice. Any player skipped over in this way can make their choice at any time.

Oman
, your twelve hours begin now!
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (isolation #4) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:35 pm

Post by iamausername »

Oman wrote:Just to confirm, does this include the S.C.U.M. Night kill?
It does indeed.

Oman
is
Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, Redirector
charter
is
Prophet Cha Dawn, Vigilante
MacavityLock
is
Foreman Domai, Roleblocker
Empking
is
Sister Miriam Godwinson, Supersaint
. (He sent me his top 4 choices by PM).

Cephrir
is up!
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #5) » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:57 am

Post by iamausername »

Cephrir's 12 hours have passed, so the choice passes to Crazy.

Cephrir is free to make his choice at any time.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (isolation #6) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:54 am

Post by iamausername »

Crazy
is
Datatech Sinder Roze, Tracker

farside22
is up! (
Cephrir
can also still make a choice at any time.)

Also, I realised another note about the roles I forgot to mention earlier; If Aki-Zeta 5's masoniering target is killed on the night she targets them, her power IS used up.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (isolation #7) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:03 pm

Post by iamausername »

farside22
is
Academician Prokhor Zakharov, Inventor

christiano drago
is
Comissioner Pravin Lal, Jailkeeper

Cephrir
is
Prime Function Aki-Zeta 5, One-Shot Masonier

Gremwell
is
Lady Deirdre Skye, Doctor

Drunken Piper
is up!

Remaining roles to choose from:

C.E.O. Nwabudike Morgan, Politician
Colonel Corazon Santiago, Bulletproof
Captain Ulrik Svensgaard, Commuter
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (isolation #8) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:59 am

Post by iamausername »

Occam wrote:Even though Captain Ulrik Svensgaard is one of the stupidest looking things I've ever seen, I'm going with him, the commuter.
I don't think you understand. He's a
space pirate
. A pirate... in space!
Awesome

Anyway.

Drunken Piper
is
Colonel Corazon Santiago, Bulletproof

Occam
is
Captain Ulrik Svensgaard, Commuter

MonkeyMan576
, by process of elimination, is
C.E.O. Nwabudike Morgan, Politician

Role drafting is done, so over the next few unspecified time periods, alignments will be randomised, role PMs will be distributed, and Day One will begin.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #9) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:52 am

Post by iamausername »

It's been many years since Planetfall, and the fracturing of the crew of the starship
Unity
. Erstwhile nations have formed under twelve leaders, each highly charismatic in their own way, and unlike the nations of Earth, their peoples are joined not by a coincidence of location, but by the political and spiritual beliefs they hold. However, natural resources on Planet are scarce, and skirmishes in competition for them, frequent. Relations between the twelve nations are distinctly hostile.

In addition, there is something that none of the leaders can find cause for disagreement; population levels have been on a constant decline since they settled here, and if things were to continue as they have, the human race would not last. The twelve agree to convene a meeting of the Planetary Council to deal with the situation, but with whispers of secret alliances and assassins going around, paranoia is rampant...

-=It is now Day One. Deadline set for Monday, 12th January.

With 12 alive, it will take 7 votes to lynch.=-
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (isolation #10) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:12 am

Post by iamausername »

"Some would ask, how could a perfect God create a universe filled with so much that is evil. They have missed a greater conundrum: why would a perfect God create a universe at all?"

-- Sister Miriam Godwinson, "But for the Grace of God"

-=Vote Count #1=-

Occam (5) - charter, MacavityLock, MonkeyMan576, Cephrir, farside22
MacavityLock (1) - Empking
Cephrir (1) - Gremwell
farside22 (1) - Occam

Not Voting (4) - christiano drago, Crazy, Drunken Piper, Oman

7 to lynch.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (isolation #11) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:17 pm

Post by iamausername »

"Some civilian workers got in among the research patients today and became so hysterical I felt compelled to have them nerve stapled. The consequence, of course, will be another public relations nightmare, but I was severely shaken by the extent of their revulsion towards a project so vital to our survival."

-- CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Personal Diaries"

-=Vote Count #2=-

Occam (4) - MacavityLock, MonkeyMan576, farside22, Drunken Piper
Cephrir (3) - Gremwell, Occam, Oman
MacavityLock (1) - Empking
Oman (1) - Cephrir

Not Voting (3) - charter, christiano drago, Crazy

7 to lynch.

Oman wrote:
Mod:
If BulletProof Scum makes the kill does he retain his bulletproofedness?
Yes, passive abilities don't count as 'night actions'.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (isolation #12) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:36 pm

Post by iamausername »

"And here we tinker with metal, to try to give it a kind of life, and suffer those who would scoff at our efforts. But who's to say that, if intelligence had evolved in some other form in past millennia, the ancestors of these beings would not now scoff at the idea of intelligence residing within meat?"

-- Prime Function Aki-Zeta 5, "The Fallacies of Self-Awareness"

-=Vote Count #3=-

Cephrir (4) - Gremwell, Occam, Oman, Empking
Occam (3) - MonkeyMan576, farside22, Drunken Piper
Oman (1) - Cephrir
farside22 (1) - charter

Not Voting (3) - christiano drago, Crazy, MacavityLock

7 to lynch.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (isolation #13) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:24 am

Post by iamausername »

"If our society seems more nihilistic than that of previous eras, perhaps this is simply a sign of our maturity as a sentient species. As our collective consciousness expands beyond a crucial point, we are at last ready to accept life's fundamental truth: that life's only purpose is life itself."

-- Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, "Looking God in the Eye"

-=Vote Count #4=-

Cephrir (4) - Gremwell, Occam, Oman, Empking
Oman (1) - Cephrir
farside22 (1) - charter

7 to lynch.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (isolation #14) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:08 pm

Post by iamausername »

"Richard Baxton piloted his Recon Rover into a fungal vortex and held off four waves of mind worms, saving an entire colony. We immediately purchased his identity manifests and repackaged him into the Recon Rover Rick character with a multi-tiered media campaign: televids, touchbooks, holos, psi-tours--the works. People need heroes. They don't need to know how he died clawing his eyes out, screaming for mercy. The real story would just hurt sales, and dampen the spirits of our customers.

-- "Mythology for Profit"
Morgan Stellartots Keynote Speech

-=Vote Count #5=-

Cephrir (3) - Gremwell, Oman, Empking
farside22 (2) - charter, Occam
Oman (1) - Cephrir

7 to lynch.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (isolation #15) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:38 pm

Post by iamausername »

"There are two kinds of scientific progress: the methodical experimentation and categorization which gradually extend the boundaries of knowledge, and the revolutionary leap of genius which redefines and transcends those boundaries. Acknowledging our debt to the former, we yearn nonetheless for the latter."

-- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Address to the Faculty"

-=Vote Count #6=-

Occam (2) - MonkeyMan576, Drunken Piper
farside22 (2) - charter, Occam
Crazy (1) - farside22

Not Voting (4) - Cephrir, christiano drago, Crazy, MacavityLock

7 to lynch.

-=Crazy has been prodded for the first time=-
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (isolation #16) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:30 pm

Post by iamausername »

"I don't know but I've been told,
Deirdre's got a Network Node.
Likes to press the on-off switch,
Dig that crazy Gaian witch!"

-- Spartan Barracks March

-=Vote Count #7=-

farside22 (1) - charter
Crazy (1) - farside22
Gremwell (1) - Occam

Not Voting (4) - Cephrir, christiano drago, Crazy, MacavityLock

7 to lynch.

-=christiano drago and Drunken Piper have been prodded for the first time=-

-=Crazy has failed to respond to prod. Now seeking a replacement for Crazy=-
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (isolation #17) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by iamausername »

"Einstein would turn over in his grave. Not only does God play dice, the dice are loaded."

-- Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, "Looking God in the Eye"

-=Vote Count #8=-

Cephrir (2) - Oman, Empking
Gremwell (2) - Occam, charter
Crazy (1) - farside22

Not Voting (5) - Cephrir, christiano drago, Crazy, Gremwell, MacavityLock

7 to lynch.

-=Raging Rabbit replaces Crazy=-
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (isolation #18) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:48 am

Post by iamausername »

"If I determine the enemy's disposition of forces while I have no perceptible form, I can concentrate my forces while the enemy is fragmented. The pinnacle of military deployment approaches the formless: if it is formless, then even the deepest spy cannot discern it nor the wise make plans against it."

-- Sun Tzu, "The Art of War", Datalinks

-=Vote Count #9=-

Gremwell (3) - Occam, charter, Drunken Piper
MonkeyMan576 (2) - Empking, Oman
Occam (1) - MonkeyMan576
Raging Rabbit (1) - farside22

Not Voting (5) - Cephrir, christiano drago, Raging Rabbit, Gremwell, MacavityLock

7 to lynch.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (isolation #19) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:10 am

Post by iamausername »

"I hold a scrap of paper in the darkness and light it. I watch it burn bright and curl, disappearing into nothingness, and the heat burns my fingers. Where has it gone? What has it become? I cannot shake the feeling that I have witnessed a form of transcendence."

-- Comissioner Pravin Lal, "The Convergence"

-=Vote Count #10=-

Gremwell (3) - Occam, charter, Drunken Piper
MonkeyMan576 (3) - Empking, Oman, farside22
Occam (1) - MonkeyMan576

Not Voting (5) - Cephrir, christiano drago, Raging Rabbit, Gremwell, MacavityLock

7 to lynch.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (isolation #20) » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:12 pm

Post by iamausername »

"I believe Planet will talk to us if we are willing to listen. These fungal stalks behave as multistate relays: taken together, the neural net connectivity must be staggering. Can a planet be said to have achieved sentience?"

-- Lady Deirdre Skye, Arguments in Council

-=Vote Count #11=-

Gremwell (5) - Occam, charter, Drunken Piper, Cephrir, MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576 (5) - Empking, Oman, farside22, MacavityLock, Raging Rabbit

Not Voting (2) - christiano drago, Gremwell

7 to lynch.

charter wrote:Can we get an ultimatum/replacement of christiano drago?
I've sent him another prod. Considering the date though, I'm going to relax my usual activity rules a little and give him until the end of the week before I start looking for a replacement.
charter wrote:If the masonier uses his one shot on town, and is scum himself, what happens? Do you confirm anyone's alignment?
Regardless of her own alignment, Aki-Zeta 5 will die if she attempts to mason-link with scum (either S.C.U.M. Alliance or Narcissist). If she targets town, then she will be able to communicate with that player in private from then on.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (isolation #21) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:22 pm

Post by iamausername »

"The first living thing to go through the device was a small white rat. I still have him, in fact. As you can see, the damage was not so great as they say."

-- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "See How They Run"

-=Vote Count #12=-

Gremwell (5) - Occam, charter, Drunken Piper, Cephrir, MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576 (5) - Empking, Oman, farside22, MacavityLock, Raging Rabbit

7 to lynch.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (isolation #22) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:32 am

Post by iamausername »

"A handsome young Cyborg named Ace,
Wooed women at every base,
But once ladies glanced at
His special enhancement
They vanished with nary a trace."

-- Barracks Graffiti, Sparta Command

-=Vote Count #13=-

MonkeyMan576 (6) - Empking, Oman, farside22, MacavityLock, Raging Rabbit, Occam
Gremwell (4) - charter, Drunken Piper, Cephrir, MonkeyMan576

7 to lynch.

-=Now seeking a replacement for christiano drago=-
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (isolation #23) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:39 am

Post by iamausername »

"We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?"

--Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7 (Subject termination advised)

-=Vote Count #14=-

MonkeyMan576 (5) - Empking, Oman, MacavityLock, Raging Rabbit, Occam

Not Voting (3) - farside22, Gremwell, Yosarian2

7 to lynch.

-=Yosarian2 replaces christiano drago=-
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (isolation #24) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by iamausername »

"I think, and my thoughts cross the barrier into the synapses of the machine, just as the good doctor intended. But what I cannot shake, and what hints at things to come, is that thoughts cross back. In my dreams, the sensibility of the machine invades the periphery of my consciousness: dark, rigid, cold, alien. Evolution is at work here, but just what is evolving remains to be seen."

-- Comissioner Pravin Lal, "Mind and Machine"

-=Vote Count #15=-

MonkeyMan576 (5) - Empking, Oman, MacavityLock, Raging Rabbit, Occam

Not Voting (3) - farside22, Gremwell, Yosarian2

7 to lynch.

-=Gremwell has been prodded for the first time=-
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (isolation #25) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:44 pm

Post by iamausername »

"Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you."

-=Vote Count #16=-

MonkeyMan576 (5) - Oman, MacavityLock, Raging Rabbit, Occam, farside22
ortolan (5) - charter, Drunken Piper, Cephrir, MonkeyMan576, Empking

Not Voting (2) - ortolan, Yosarian2

7 to lynch.

-=ortolan replaces Gremwell=-
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (isolation #26) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:26 am

Post by iamausername »

"It is not uncommon to see patients undergo permanent psychological trauma in the presence of the Sphere, before the nerve stapler has even been strapped into position. Its effect on the general consciousness of the culture is profound: husbands have seen wives go inside, and mothers their children. Dr. Xynan left the surface of the sphere semitranslucent for a reason. You can hear them in there; you can see them. It is a thing of terrible beauty."

-- Baron Klim, "The Music of the Spheres"

-=Vote Count #16: The End of Day One Vote Count=-

MonkeyMan576 (7) - Oman, MacavityLock, Raging Rabbit, Occam, farside22, Cephrir, ortolan

ortolan (4) - charter, Drunken Piper, MonkeyMan576, Empking

Not Voting (1) - Yosarian2

7 to lynch.

The atmosphere is tense as the twelve faction leaders gather. With the rumours of a secret alliance going around, accusations fly far and wide to begin with, but after some time, most of the suspicion ends up pointed at two; Lady Deirdre Skye and C.E.O. Nwabudike Morgan.

While Skye goes very quiet in response, Morgan protests his innocence loudly and repeatedly to anyone who will listen. Then Lady Skye pipes back up again, seeming almost to be reborn, and the Council reaches an accord. Morgan is lead away to the Punishment Sphere, still protesting that this is preposterous, and that nobody has a shred of evidence to implicate him, but it falls on deaf ears.

The Sphere leaves him a gibbering wreck, mind shattered, and through the torturous process, the Sphere operators are able to determine that Morgan's protests had been perfectly true. He bore no ill intentions towards the others.

Their mistake hanging over them, the remaining eleven head back to their central bases to recuperate, fearing what the coming years may bring.

MonkeyMan576 - C.E.O. Nwabudike Morgan, Politician (Isolationist) - Sent to the Punishment Sphere Day 1

-=It is now Night One. Please send all night actions in as swiftly as possible.=-
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (isolation #27) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:24 am

Post by iamausername »

"Let the Gaians preach their silly religion, but one way or the other I shall see this compound burned, seared, and sterilized until every hiding place is found and until every last Mind Worm egg, every last slimy one, has been cooked to a smoking husk. That species shall be exterminated, I tell you! Exterminated!"

-- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, Lab Three aftermath

In the years following the first Planetary Council meeting, the human race's apparently unlimited capacity for self destruction showed no signs of abating, which has led to the second meeting having rather diminished numbers.

First, Comissioner Lal's dedication to upholding the original U.N. Charter set out at the launch of the starship
Unity
, despite her crew's split, came to a grisly end when he was found dead in the corridors of U.N. Headquarters.

Secondly, in spite of his reputation, Chairman Yang proved to be as mortal as any other man when an assassin got the drop on him in his own sleeping quarters.

Finally, and most brutally of all, was Academician Zakharov. The 'mind worms' native to Planet had always seemed to act randomly and unpredictably before, sometimes with deadly consequences for the human settlers, so the assault on Lab Three, though tragic, was no huge shock. But that turned out to be just the beginning. It seemed the mind worms were hellbent on the destruction of the University of Planet, as if directed by some higher force, and it could only end in Zakharov's truly agonising demise.

Top advisors to each dead leader were taken in by the Council for interrogation, and while Lal and Zakharov proved to be everything they claimed, the truth about Yang was revealed; he was a member of the infamous S.C.U.M. alliance. However, before the names of Yang's partners in crime could be extracted from his aide, Ota Kyi, she was shot in the head by another assassin who had infiltrated the proceedings, who then turned the gun on himself.

While the increasing death toll leaves the remaining Council members deeply troubled, they are able to at least take some hope from the fact the shady S.C.U.M. Alliance seem as vulnerable as the rest of them.

Yosarian2 - Comissioner Pravin Lal, Jailkeeper (Isolationist) - Assassinated Night 1

Oman - Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, Redirector (S.C.U.M. Alliance) - Assassinated Night 1

farside22 - Academician Prokhor Zakharov, Inventor (Isolationist) - Mutilated by mind worms Night 1

-=It is now Day 2. Deadline set for Monday, 26th January. With 8 alive, it will take 5 votes to lynch.=-
Last edited by iamausername on Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (isolation #28) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:19 pm

Post by iamausername »

"What do I care for your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output."

-- Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, "Essays on Mind and Matter"

-=Vote Count #17=-

Drunken Piper (1) - Empking

Not Voting (7) - Cephrir, charter, Drunken Piper, MacavityLock, Occam, ortolan, Raging Rabbit

-=Sending out prods to everyone (besides Occam, as he just posted) now that the server problems seem to be resolved. These won't count towards the daily prod limits.=-
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (isolation #29) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:10 am

Post by iamausername »

"I swear sometimes they're watching me."

-- Bozon Pete, Shift Foreman, Metagenics Biomachinery Division

-=Vote Count #18=-

Not Voting (7) - Cephrir, charter, Drunken Piper, MacavityLock, Occam, ortolan, Raging Rabbit

5 to lynch.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (isolation #30) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:48 am

Post by iamausername »

MacavityLock wrote:
@mod
, I don't think I saw this in the rules, but I'd like some clarification if possible: If someone gets RBed, JKed, or Redirected, are they told about it?
Tracker (or someone using the Track/Watch inventions) would be informed that they were blocked, but not that they were redirected. No other roles would be informed about either.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (isolation #31) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:37 am

Post by iamausername »

"What actually transpires beneath the veil of an event horizon? Decent people shouldn't think too much about that."

-- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "For I Have Tasted the Fruit"

-=Vote Count #19=-

Empking (1) - Occam
Cephrir (1) - charter

Not Voting (5) - Cephrir, Drunken Piper, MacavityLock, ortolan, Raging Rabbit

5 to lynch.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (isolation #32) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:33 pm

Post by iamausername »

"War is war; destruction is destruction. You think this is obvious. But war is not destruction, it is victory. To achieve victory, simply appear to give the opponent what he wants and he will go away, or join you in your quest for additional power."

-- Datatech Sinder Roze, "Information Burns"

-=Vote Count #19=-

Empking (2) - Occam, Raging Rabbit
Cephrir (1) - charter

Not Voting (4) - Cephrir, Drunken Piper, MacavityLock, ortolan

5 to lynch.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (isolation #33) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:46 am

Post by iamausername »

"Men in their arrogance claim to understand the nature of creation, and devise elaborate theories to describe its behavior. But always they discover in the end that God was quite a bit more clever than they thought."

-- Sister Miriam Godwinson, "We Must Dissent"

-=Vote Count #20=-

Cephrir (1) - charter

Not Voting (4) - Cephrir, Drunken Piper, MacavityLock, ortolan

5 to lynch.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (isolation #34) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:02 am

Post by iamausername »

"Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators the creator seeks--those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest."

-- Friedrich Nietzsche, "Thus Spoke Zarathustra", Datalinks

-=Vote Count #21=-

Cephrir (1) - charter
charter (1) - Drunken Piper

Not Voting (3) - Cephrir, MacavityLock, ortolan

5 to lynch.

-=MacavityLock's lack of access is noted, his prod-counter is on hold until the 20th. Now seeking a replacement for Drunken Piper=-
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (isolation #35) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:14 am

Post by iamausername »

"You are the children of a dead planet, earthdeirdre, and this death we do not comprehend. We shall take you in, but may we ask this question--will we too catch the planetdeath disease?"

-- Lady Deirdre Skye, "Conversations With Planet"

-=Vote Count #22=-

Cephrir (2) - charter, ortolan
charter (1) - Drunken Piper

Not Voting (2) - Cephrir, MacavityLock

5 to lynch.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (isolation #36) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:42 pm

Post by iamausername »

fillah poooost
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (isolation #37) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:46 pm

Post by iamausername »

"Our ancestors harnessed the power of a sun, and so again shall we."

-- Comissioner Pravin Lal, "The Science of Our Fathers"

-=Vote Count #23=-

Claus (1) - Empking
charter (1) - Claus

Not Voting (2) - Cephrir, MacavityLock

5 to lynch.

-=Claus replaces Drunken Piper=-

THIS IS YOUR ONE WEEK WARNING. CLICK HERE FOR DEADLINE CLOCK.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (isolation #38) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:47 pm

Post by iamausername »

-=Occam has been prodded for the first time=-
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (isolation #39) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:12 pm

Post by iamausername »

"Man has killed man from the beginning of time, and each new frontier has brought new ways and new places to die. Why should the future be any different?"

-- Col. Corazon Santiago, "Planet: A Survivalist's Guide"

-=Vote Count #24=-

charter (2) - Claus, MacavityLock
Claus (1) - Empking

Not Voting (1) - Cephrir

5 to lynch.

CLICK HERE FOR DEADLINE CLOCK.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (isolation #40) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:30 am

Post by iamausername »

-=Cephrir has been prodded for the first time=-
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (isolation #41) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:06 am

Post by iamausername »

"The entire character of a base and its inhabitants can be absorbed in a quick trip to the Rec Commons. The sweaty
arenas of Fort Legion, the glittering gambling halls of Morgan Bank, the sunny lovers' trysts in Gaia's High Garden, or the somber reading rooms of U.N. Headquarters. Even the feeding bay at the Hive gives stark insight into the sleeping demons of Yang's communal utopia."

-- Comissioner Pravin Lal, "A Social History of Planet"

-=Vote Count #25=-

charter (2) - Claus, MacavityLock
Claus (1) - Empking

Not Voting (1) - Cephrir

5 to lynch.

CLICK HERE FOR DEADLINE CLOCK.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (isolation #42) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:57 pm

Post by iamausername »

Claus replaced in a full week before the deadline, which I think is plenty of time to ingratiate himself, so I will not be extending the deadline at this time.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (isolation #43) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:56 am

Post by iamausername »

"And the Lord God said, "Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever, we must send him forth." Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken."

-- The Conclave Bible, Datalinks

-=Vote Count #26: The End of Day Two Vote Count=-

Cephrir (5) - charter, ortolan, Empking, Raging Rabbit, Occam

charter (3) - Claus, MacavityLock, Cephrir

5 to lynch.

In stark contrast to Morgan's performance at the previous meeting, Prime Function Aki-Zeta 5 takes the news that she will be the next to face the music with her usual stoic acceptance.

However, no matter how much she has tried to remove all emotion from her life, her time in the Punishment Sphere proves that there is at least one thing she is still capable of feeling; pain.

Between her screams, she confesses to having been in league with Chairman Yang, but no matter how far the dials are turned, the operators are unable to get the name of the third and final collaborator in the S.C.U.M. Alliance out of her. By the end of it, they're unable to get any words out of her at all.

Cephrir - Prime Function Aki-Zeta 5, One-Shot Masonier (S.C.U.M. Alliance) - Sent to the Punishment Sphere Day 2

-=It is now Night Two. Please send all night actions in as swiftly as possible.=-
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (isolation #44) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by iamausername »

"And so we return again to the holy void. Some say this is simply our destiny, but I would have you remember always that the void EXISTS, just as surely as you or I. Is nothingness any less a miracle than substance?"

-- Sister Miriam Godwinson, "We Must Dissent"

Two more deaths herald in the third convening of the increasingly shrinking Planetary Council. Foreman Domai will uphold his fight for the rights of the common man no longer, and Sister Godwinson unwittingly became a martyr to her cause. The people of New Jerusalem were filled with righteous anger at the unceremonius death of their leader, but without any clue as to the identity of her killer, they had nowhere to direct their impotent rage.

Once again, the protégés of the dead Council members were taken in for questioning, and neither were found to have any links to any plans for world domination. And so, once more, it falls upon the Council to root out the traitors in their midst.

MacavityLock - Foreman Domai, Roleblocker (Isolationist) - Assassinated Night 2
Empking - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Supersaint (Isolationist) - Assassinated Night 2

-=It is now Day 3. Deadline set for Monday, 16th February. With 5 alive, it will take 3 votes to lynch.=-
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (isolation #45) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:49 am

Post by iamausername »

ortolan wrote:
Mod: if one is targetted by the role-blocker and takes no night action does one find out?
No. The only time I'll specifically tell someone they've been roleblocked is if they are the Tracker (and have taken action), or using the Track/Watch inventions.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (isolation #46) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:54 am

Post by iamausername »

charter wrote:
Mod, can the doctor protect themselves?
Nope.
charter wrote:
Mod, what happens if everyone dies at night? Who wins?
Nobody.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #850 (isolation #47) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:40 am

Post by iamausername »

"Therefore a wise prince will seek means by which his subjects will always and in every possible condition of things have need of his government, and then they will always be faithful to him."

-- Niccolo Machiavelli, "The Prince", Datalinks

-=Vote Count #27=-

Not Voting (5) - charter, Claus, Occam, ortolan, Raging Rabbit

3 to lynch.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (isolation #48) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:58 am

Post by iamausername »

charter wrote:Do we have a deadline for this day?
iamausername wrote:Deadline set for Monday, 16th February.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (isolation #49) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:53 am

Post by iamausername »

"It is a medical commonplace that the tissues of the human body replace themselves regularly, essentially creating an entirely new body every seven years. From whence then come cancer and the slow degeneration of age? They exist as faults in the patterns of intelligence within the genes themselves; by reprogramming these smallest parts, the whole becomes well."

-- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Nonlinear Genetics"

-=Vote Count #28=-

Not Voting (5) - charter, Claus, Occam, ortolan, Raging Rabbit

3 to lynch.

-=Claus has been prodded for the first time=-
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (isolation #50) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by iamausername »

"We shall take only the greatest minds, the finest soldiers, the most faithful servants. We shall multiply them a thousandfold and release them to usher in a new era of glory."

-- Colonel Corazon Santiago, "The Council of War"

-=Vote Count #29: The End of Day Three Vote Count=-

Claus (3) - Raging Rabbit, Occam, ortolan

Not Voting (2) - charter, Claus

3 to lynch.

Having been reduced to less than half of their original numbers, the debate in the third Planetary Council meeting is considerably more subdued than on previous occasions. This is particularly evident in the case of Colonel Santiago, who chooses to remain almost entirely silent throughout, even while the others are reaching the consensus that she must be the next to face the Punishment Sphere.

Her face betrays no hint of fear as she is led away to the chamber, and the remaining four Council members are left to wonder if perhaps she believes that all her physical conditioning and discipline training might give her the ability to resist the horrors of the Sphere. To wonder if this had been her intention all along, to put herself through the ultimate test of strength.

No one will ever know for sure what was running through the Colonel's mind on that day, but they are left in no doubt of the fact that none can resist the Sphere.

Claus - Colonel Corazon Santiago, Bulletproof (Isolationist) - Sent to the Punishment Sphere Day 3

-=It is now Night 3. Please send all night actions in as swiftly as possible.=-
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (isolation #51) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:16 am

Post by iamausername »

"And when the hourglass has run out, the hourglass of temporality, when the noise of secular life has grown silent and its restless or ineffectual activism has come to an end, when everything around you is still, as it is in eternity, then eternity asks you and every individual in these millions and millions about only one thing: whether you have lived in despair or not."

-- Soren Kierkegaard, "The Sickness Unto Death", Datalinks

The four surviving leaders leave the third Planetary Council meeting, knowing that the ultimate fate of the human race, which has been in their hands since the beginning, will soon be decided once and for all.

But once more, the time between meetings is not without casualties. Datatech Roze, for all her espionage and stealth skills, is overcome by the terrifyingly efficient assassins, and Lady Skye is forced to eat her words following the horrific attacks on the University so many years ago, when the mind worms turn on her in spite of her preachings of love and respect for Planet's native life.

And so it comes to pass that just two members remain to meet for the fourth and final convening of the Planetary Council; Captain Ulrik Svensgaard of the Nautilus Pirates, and Prophet Cha Dawn of the Cult of Planet. The atmosphere is tense as they wait for the reports to come back from the interrogations. It doesn't take long, however, for Roze's right hand woman to confess that the Data Angels were the last member of the S.C.U.M. Alliance, and their plan has failed, and the alliance is over.

"It's over?" asks Cha Dawn.
"Looks like it is," Svensgaard replies.
"So, we can live together in peace, your people and mine?"
Svensgaard gives a menacing chuckle. "Not quite. You see, while you landlubbers have been making your silly little alliances and engaging in petty squabbles over scraps of land, you've been ignoring the largest territory on Planet; the ocean. My forces are primed to take this planet by force on my word. I see no reason why I should have to share my rule with the likes of you."

ortolan - Lady Deirdre Skye, Doctor (Isolationist) - Mutilated by mind worms Night 3

Raging Rabbit - Datatech Sinder Roze, Tracker (S.C.U.M. Alliance) - Assassinated Night 3

charter - Prophet Cha Dawn, Vigilante (Isolationist) - Endgamed Day 4

Occam - Captain Ulrik Svensgaard, Commuter (Narcissist) - Survives

NARCISSIST WINS!
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (isolation #52) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:29 am

Post by iamausername »

NIGHT ACTIONS

Night 1:

Yosarian jails Occam (fails due to commute)
charter kills farside
Occam commutes, kills Oman
MacavityLock blocks Empking
Cephrir kills Yosarian
Raging Rabbit tracks ortolan
ortolan protects Raging Rabbit
farside gives Comm Jammer (One-Shot Roleblock) to Occam (fails due to commute)
Oman takes no action

Night 2:

charter takes no action
Occam kills Empking
MacavityLock blocks charter
Raging Rabbit kills MacavityLock
ortolan protects Raging Rabbit

Night 3:

charter kills ortolan
Occam commutes, kills Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit kills Occam (fails due to commute)
ortolan takes no action
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (isolation #53) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:37 am

Post by iamausername »

Interesting thing: On the last night, charter originally sent in a kill for Raging Rabbit, but then asked if he could take that back and have more time to think about it. I was still waiting on RR's action, so I said yes (if I'd had all actions in, I might not have done), then RR sent his kill in five minutes later. So, it very nearly went to a fourth day with Occam, ortolan and charter all still alive, which looks like town would've had a reasonable chance of winning.

Anyway, good game all.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”