Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:17 pm

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

CallMeLiam wrote:Anyway
vote: Beyond_Birthday
for being the last to post. Timezones be damned I want my arbitrary first vote.
I have read everything, but I am still not really convinced so,
Vote: CallMeLiam (Yes, it isn't bolded.) for making me laugh.

Alright, back to seriousness:

Considering the games start, I looked at people who seemed to be anti-town in the sense that they are not coming up with anything original:

Sthar8 (Suggested a policy for the town to abide, but most policies are controllable by mafia, as Oman pointed out. However, this is not necessarily scummy. And, it could be perceived as pro town. But, his attack on Aioqwe was based on the idea that his anxiousness is to speed up conversation, but that idea would seem scummy. This is just plain bad logic, as more data, information, and context is pretty pro town. Suspicious for now.)

Aioqwe (Simply dismissing a player's scuminess without any reason and suggesting someone else to be guilty is just plain scummy.)

Oman
(He is mod in my other game, and MUST be scum. Oh wait... that doesn't apply here. I guess he isn't scummy to me at the moment.

This is kind of premature, but based on my gut feeling, I am liking Aioqwe and Sthar8 for a scum pair. Very premature, I know, but I just get that feeling. But due to having some potentially protown qualities, I am not going to vote Sthar8 just yet. I will:

Vote: Aioqwe
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:06 am

@Windkirby: Maybe. But, I am in general suspicious of anyone who thinks that a person is mafia over something stupid like dice.

(No change of opinion since last post.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:44 pm

I am considering the following three people to be particularly scummy:
aioqwe
Charter
Windkirkby

For the second slot, I cannot tell who is more scummy. *Sighs* It doesn't ultimately matter, I suppose, so long as I have my current three. However, I am still slightly more confident in my current vote than switching over to Charter. Wind definitely aroused my suspicions, but not much when compared to the rather erratic voting of Charter. I am going to wait and see what their next actions are.

As a side note to Muerrto, I get that a lot. My alignment seems to be a problem for most people to figure out. *Shrugs* I usually get lynched for that. Just making some small talk here. Now, to go to a slightly more relevant topic:

It may seem early, but I am thinking that the least scummy people are Muerrto and
Sthar8. However, this may just be a very good scum. *Shrugs again.* I think they will trip up if scum, but so far, I think Muerrto's judgment is good and protown, where as sthar8 really doesn't give me a scum feel.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:12 am

*Posting because I may not be able to tomorrow.*

Just a comment:
Darla seems more town than not, but not enough to be put in my townie category.

@Darla: I do align people early on, but this is mostly so people can see my thought process. Additionally, it reminds me of where I last was when I pick up the game again. Don't get me wrong, this does NOT mean I am just going to not really give them a look over for possible scum tells. It means that they are currently not suspect at all for me, and that everyone else is still a toss up.

I find than an effective way to play is put yourself in someone else's shoes and think if they would play in this way if they were scum or town. I also dictate this on how strong (Novice versus experienced) they are. Like Oman, he could still be suspect due to his skill level. But, I am not able to clear him completely because he is skilled. But, he seems a heck of a lot more protown than anti town.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (isolation #4) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:58 pm

Unvote

Vote: WindKirby

I will explain in a minute.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #5) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:48 pm

windkirby wrote:Reread the thread.
unvote, vote: sthart8

Primarily vibes, although Oman is becoming a close second in that category. If anyone has questions about either of these vibes, I can probably scrounge up the posts that did it.
The "communication" between Oman and Muerrto, I find, is minor at best, however, although now that it has been mentioned, I've made a note to keep an eye on them. At the level it's at now, though, I don't find it very suspicious.
What the hell is wrong with you? After all this time, with ALL that is said, you can’t even give a serious reason? And how in seven blazes Oman anywhere near a second at this point? I can see Sthart8 as coming under suspicion, but seriously, you have NO reasons? You put all the time it takes to reread, but you NEVER took out quotes or typed notes for reasons so that you don’t look like a random voter by not giving reasons?

Reason I changed to Windkirby:
Error? I dunno, but I don’t want to vote him:
Unvote

I am revoting aioqwe.
aioqwe wrote:
Muerrto wrote:
aioqwe wrote:Muerrto:
aioqwe wrote:Seriously, do you have any other suspicions or are you just going to badger me all day?
Muerrto wrote:Plea.
How is this a plea to emotion. Yes, I asked you a question but you specified that I was pleaing to emotion.
Muerrto wrote:My post listed my suspiscions.
I made this request before you posted your suspicions
I'd definitely call that a plea, that's all I can say about that. I'm not calling for your lynch I'm simply voting for you. So are 4 other people(3 now I think). Your defense is weak and not really a defense. Claiming you did something because of this AFTER you did it is as easy as simply doing it and making up a reason after. How is that a defense?
Plea does not equate to plea to emotion. Isn't a vote a call to lynch?

You might say it's just pressure, but it's the pressure of being lynched. No matter how you look at it, you're still pushing my lynch.

How is it weak? Saying it's weak does not make it weak.

So I should say that I'm acting scummy on purpose to draw reactions, as I act scummy or before other people react? How is that effective?
This entire post seems scummy, and after Darla’s post:
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:
Muerrto wrote:
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:Spend your first game with the likes of Yos, MBF, Dasq, Joudas, and Guardian... You learn not to let the allure of experience guide you. *cough*
Lol if you check our join dates you'll see I joined before he did. Not what I was referring to.

Heck, one of the more known and respected names on here, Ergo, is a friend of mine from another board and we joined about the same time.

I frequent the newbie games rather than the 'real' ones so my name's not quite as known, but I've been here a while.
Ahh, I see I see. You are not completely unheard of, Your name has reached my ears a few times.

agreed about the Kiwi post, WIFOMy Semantics and it didn't make a lot of sense, I've always been a fan of the Pressure Vote myself, and its hardly a lynch vote. I use it to get someone talking and usually retract it once I am satisfied, or leave it when they show to be scum.
I feel more ascertained in my vote for you, at the moment. Now, on to someone else’s odd actions that I have yet to talk about:

@ Oman, your play here bothers me. While I do agree that townies shouldn’t look too much into encoded messages if you are town power roles, I am very suspicious of your suggestion to simply look the other way. The entire argument seems to force town to question whether the action is scummy, but to do so by not looking at the argument...

Second, your attack on Muerrto may have been an intelligent move in order to push against him and test him as town, but... I really, really don’t like you defense of the encoded messages observation by strife. I disagree, however, that the two of you are likely scum buddies. However, there is certainly the remaining chance one of you is scum. I can see that as a decent possibility.

“Note: we're not encoding them. We're talking about something you don't understand. The difference is that what we're doing is not anti-town at all. Unless you believe it to be, in which case I would love to hear that. “ ~Oman (being lazy)

NOTE: I don’t think that it is encoding or anti-town, just using the terms so you know what I am referring to. I do not see anything very scummy about it, aside from the fact that you seemed very strange. Even though I haven’t metagamed anyone here, I can only draw the conclusion that I have said about you testing Muerrto. Even though this doesn’t make a lot of sense, I am going to review it in case it becomes more important later.

Third:
Oman wrote:
strife wrote:ow are we supposed to know that what you're doing is pro-town?
No. Its irrelevant to the game.
Strife wrote: Case in point. If you and windkirby are both town, you've struck him with paranoia and distracted him from trying to find scum.
Windkirby, I love you dearly, please don't take this badly but:

Thats not my problem, nor my fault. If a player is distracted by small simple things, then if its not me, it'll be something else.
The idea that it isn’t your problem for townies to be distracted seems scummish. Because, it wouldn't be your problem only if you are mafia. So, seems slightly suspect.

*Sighs*
The only thing that changed is that, as of right now, you are not in my list of people I think to be village. I do not think that it was significantly pro town, unless it is revealed later, but I will certainly look into my own thoughts later, should something really set my alarm off about you, Oman.

I did have something to say, but since I had not read the massive amount of stuff over the past few pages, (and I realized I was thinking of someone else's actions when I posted.) ignore that vote. *My bad.* These are my thoughts as I went through the last page and a half?

Vote: Aioqwe

Until someone comes up with a better case, as I know that this is pretty weak. However, no one else has set off any major alarms.

I am still suspecting Windkirby, but not near as much. And Charter just seems to be, somewhere... *Sighs* Charter is going to take a lot of reading up to figure out where he lies. I really, really don't like his play thus far, but it really hasn't seemed uberly anti-town, just not town productive. (Yes, I realize that is anti-townish, but is it UBERLY ANTI-TOWN?!)
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:16 am

@strife - Oman's actions appear to be not very helpful right now, but they are not inherently anti town. But, this has been explained. This is not to dismiss the possibility that this is a scum ruse, but that possibility seems very unlikely at the current moment.

@Charter - The votes on food by you and Oman are definitely arbitrary, but Kiwi's reason is just well, I don't get it. And WK copied Oman, which is suspicious in such an early game. He could have gave a crap random vote for someone else.

@WK - Vibes are a HORRIBLE reason to vote someone. Now, what causes the vibes=reasons, whch may make sense and support your vote. I also don't care for not explaining yourself at all for a previous vote, that is not an possible mistake, and then vote someone else with a vote that just doesn't seem that good. I will give closer inspection to that post tonight.

@strife, again: I agree with you point on Charter, but it still doesn't seem like enough of a reason to lynch him. Not that I object to his lynch, but I just don't think he seems the most scummy. I will, however, review our top three and come up with who I think is the most scummy tonight.

@Charter- My windkirby vote was a mental error. I made the post to try and make up for missing the 48 hour period (or getting in it, but I got home later than expected.) My error was that some of kiwi's actions, which merited him my vote before, came up as WK's (in my head), because I recall windkirby looking suspicious last time I came to this thread. That is as I said, I voted WK due to error, but I don't realy object to any votes on him. He seems scummy by this point...

@Charter- About Oman's summiness, I still think there is a chance he is town. I AM going to use this later if Oman doesn't eventually explain (but he did, later on. This is from my notes of reading, and at that point, this is my response.) Even if he had not explained fully, I still don't think the actions were worthy of a day 1 lynch.

That is all for now. I am at work, be home in about 7-8 hours.

*Sorry for lateness.*
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #7) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:32 pm

Okay, so Windkirby is a stupid lynch unless we believe he is lying. And I think that Charter is next on my list.
But for right now,
Unvote
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:00 pm

@Wind: Investigate who you are suspicious of, otherwise you can just reason, "Well, town wanted to know."

@sthar: Am I expected to respond to something in there, because it seems like you are asking me to explain a mistake that I have already explained in my last post (yesterday.)

Nothing else to say, at the moment, as this discussion is, um, well, irrelevant to me? (I mean that it is for cop's benefit alone, which may/may not help me.)
(Cept sthar, charter, and food.)

*Will go back and check on my suspicions of Charter, to see if he deserves a vote.*
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (isolation #9) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:13 pm

BTW, I think it was Aioqwe I was suspecting before, with Charter being on my radar.
I will just see what he posts. (Or if someone can remind me of a point where he stopped be suspicious.)
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (isolation #10) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:38 pm

I wonder if this is reason to suspect Oman.
*Shrugs*
If the answers are so important, why not make a list of questions for Oman to answer in one big post that says:

@ OMAN! ANSWER THESE!
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (isolation #11) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:14 pm

charter wrote:
sthar8 wrote:In other news, charter continues to appear scummy with his desperate attempts to get anyone lynched but himself.
Well, since I know I'm town, and there's others that have acted scummy, it kind of makes sense, doesnt it?
I don't like this Charter. If you think others have been acting scummy, why not use it as part of your defense. And even if someone picked you out in the beginning, that does not mean that they just stop suspecting you just because you are there first pick or you seem slightly less/slightly more scummy. (But, I have no problems with you latter statement, I think you just need to bring some examples to your post, otherwise, it doesn't seem really helpful as a defense.)

I like the Charter lynch (because he is the only unclaimed of my three initial suspicions), and for a NK, I don't see anyone in particulair who deserves it, but I guess the lurky player, Liam, is possibly the most helpful to town, so I am cool with it. However, this is only because I don't have any other major suspects of mafia from today, unless someone can make some argument against a person I had not suspected.

Food doesn't seem very pro town or anti town at the moment. I am just going to stay out of that one for the time being. Maybe someone can bring up a point where he has lately been anti town, cause right now, he doesn't seem to be either.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (isolation #12) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:44 pm

That is actually a very good point. My suspicions of charter dropped a bit, unless Liam was mafia....

Hmm...
I can't think of anything to remedy this off the top of my head. I will think about it....
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (isolation #13) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:31 pm

Well, I am really peeved at Oman at the moment. He got someone lynched partially off of a counter claim that shouldn't have been a counterclaim. *sighs*

Alright, so we have ten left. That leaves 1/4th (give or take) of the town to be anti town? So, I am thinking that lynching Muerrto will give us insight into WK's sanity/alignment. (I highly think that WK is cop at the moment, but sometimes you just don't know.)

Any other opinions on actions for today before we all lynch Muerrto?

Vote: Muerrto
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (isolation #14) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:35 am

I'll wait then...

Unvote
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (isolation #15) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:45 pm

Guys, the problem with Oman is obvious, but, oh well. There is nothing to be done about it.

Also, I figured (though Clock said otherwise...) that if Kiwi is creamy chicken and targeted Oman, that Oman would not be killed, but gain a power or have something revealed. That appeared to be the point. However, the statement is that he "admired" Creamy Chicken, so could it have been CC's enabler/back up...?

Also, I have no idea what strikes are... Just go check page 1 to check that because I really don't know...
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (isolation #16) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:17 am

Maybe the issue is that the new day wasn't announced via PM, at least not to me. Maybe Aioqwe doesn't know the game has resumed, or he has forgotten to check that day resumed/night deadline, etc...?
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (isolation #17) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:19 pm

Posting to acknowledge I have read up to this point.

My current view: leaning slightly toward a scum slip because he assumes mafia. But, kiwi has been everything but uber helpful.

*shrugs*
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (isolation #18) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:30 pm

I don't think the Mod has said anything on that.

In any case, I was all up for the Muerrto lynch, and I am only waiting because of someone else's suggestiong. Additionally, I want Merrto to claim at this point.

I think that he said he will Mod kill anyone with three strikes, so I doubt it. Plus, has he said anything in regards to Kiwi and his absence...?
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (isolation #19) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:39 pm

charter wrote:Hah, just looked through CWR's posts yesterday, and he was scheming mafia strategies yesterday as well. I'd say this was the most blatent,
ClockworkRuse wrote:
windkirby wrote:I must say I haven't understood CR's last few posts... I don't get the point he's trying to make with the vig-scum-nkill-whatever deal.

But anyway, even if kiwi is lying or is an SK, we might as well save him for a bit later. After all, if he is SK, he's after the mafia, too...
Here, I'll chart it out.

Town - Alright Vig, kill X.
Vig- Okay.

Night comes around.
Vig nk's X
Mafia no kills.

The next day, mafia puts blame onto vig saying he faked claimed to try to get rid of the NK immune vig.
He also had a few more posts giving the mafia ideas on what to do during the night. CWR, why do you spend so much time trying to figure out what the scum will do/give them ideas?

I don't buy Muerrto's claim, but his wagon has grown far too quickly. I'd say give WK another night and see if we get a different result. Perhaps he is insane/paranoid. I'm convinced CWR needs to go today before he gives the scum more ideas...
WHAT?!

CWR saved uys from doing something very stupid. And that is, allowing scum to manipulate anything set up as definite by the town. Oman, the proven village aligned Pork stated something very similar, so claiming someone else is mafia by stopping us from letting Mafia manipulate the situation is just flat moronic.

Now then, Muerrto is a much better target because that death will indicate insane/paranoid/real. (Naive is obviously out.)

Onto Muerrto: The way I see it, a flavor claim, as all vanillas would probably have the same flavor, would have been the best verification among other vanillas, which makes Muerrto suspicious. And even if I assume that vanillas have different flavors, the lack of a flavor kinda indicates to me that he is a mafia who was unsure of posting a flavor for fear that all vanillas have the same flavor.

No matter the case, I am going to go ahead and
Unvote, Vote Muerrto
, as I planned on doing almost immediately after the investigation. As I saw it, the lynch should be sufficient in learning, to about a 1/2 chance, his sanity. If we waste another night on it... well, it just seems to accomplish the same thing, but who else is a better choice?
So, instead of no lynching, I can see a Muerrto lynch as being more sensible, assuming we trust the cop and his possible sanity issues.
(And with a confirmed alignment on one of his investigations by tomorrow, we will be much more equipped to handle the results we receive from him, if any.)
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (isolation #20) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:43 am

sthar8 wrote:
FOS: Beyond _Birthday

1. I still haven't seen evidence to suggest that CWR "saved" us from anything but a solid pro-town strategy. His points against that strategy were flawed, incomplete, and based on the assumption that the rest of us would be limited to the same kind of logic.

2. Just because someone said something then died and flipped town, does not make that something true. Especially when that person
fake claimed a name that was not his own
. Oman had no more information than the rest of us.

3. You propose a false dilemma when you suggest that our choice is between no-lynch and Muerrto.

4. Though your defense of CWR is informative, it might be better if you let him speak on his own behalf in the future, or at least let him have the first say.

Charter: Why wouldn't we lynch Muerrto today? If we fail to, we miss the opportunity to gain information about which of the four possible roles that WK has. We also potentially lose the use of a very pro-town role. I understand your reservations about potential cop sanity, but the only way to solve that problem is to act on WK's info.

Also, your case against CWR seems to be that he needs to die because he is giving the scum advice. If I'm not mistaken, that assumes that he is town, but you still want to lynch him? I don't disagree that CWR is exceptionally scummy, I just think you're going about his case the wrong way.

I have to agree with Muerrto that we shouldn't waste the day just to put him (back) in his grave. I think that we should all agree that Muerrto dies today, then discuss candidates for tomorrow. I favor CWR at this point because I beleive he has been making deliberately confusing statements in order to derail pro-town actions.

I am strongly opposed to a massclaim at this point.
1. Fair enough.

2. I know. I agreed with his logic, you disagree.

3. No, I do not. I never said, "Either we lynch Muertto or we no lynch." I am saying that in my mind a Muertto lynch is the best case. And after hearing his flavor claim, I am slightly surprised there hasn't been another townie who at least agrees with the flavor claim. I figured that would be good enough in figuring out whether Muertto is townie or mafia... I suppose I can see where this isn't the best idea, and I have no problems waiting till later to lynch him. (Assuming we prove WK's alignment/sanity.)

4. Well, it can be sumised to say "BB is defending CWR," however, my main intent is to point out that Muertto, by far, is a better lynch. He is not a role, apparently, and mafia is more likely to claim townie than a power role. However, this is before I thought of the Miller. So, I can definitely see prolonging day.

Okay, so
Unvote
. I have no problems waiting.

@strife220: Okay, some of us has to be like the 0%vig, because I will go ahead and soft claim a power role. That makes 4 claims on power roles, which is enormous for a 12 person town. Plus, there is the confirmed Jack of all Seasonings... That makes five:
Doc
Cop
Jack-confirmed (Liam)
????-strife
????-BB

So, realistically, someone is lying, or someone is actually powerless...

Still, I don't really think that Cop can really be sane at this point. (But what if the mod is screwing with us and Cop was sane and we were just bamboozled XDDD)

I am going to look over yesterday for Muertto, 'cause to be honest, I still think of him as highly suspect.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (isolation #21) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:20 pm

Strife, that is why I was so Gun ho for his lynch. I *am* chicken. Well, the reason that "chicken is vanilla" was actually pretty good. The main problem with his statement is his focus on chicken, not chicken ramen. Still, the claim was a decent choice for vanilla, but I obviously knew otherwise. :wink:

I will wait for Wk, but in the mean time, I still feel fairly safe with a Mass Claim, but the possible fake claims given to mafia is slightly worrisome.

Bah, I will wait for WK, and pending on results, we can discuss it from then.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (isolation #22) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:42 pm

*Waits for CWR*
Actually, if people really thought about what I said, and the fact that I am "Chicken flavor," it should be pretty obvious what my role could be.

Anyway, I *guess* I can wait on CWR to post his role.

So, mine might have to wait till tomorrow night, but if I manage to get on the computer for a few seconds tomorrow, I will put in my role and explain later. (Touch screen computers require an on screen keyboard, which explains the small size and lack of grammar when I am at work.)

For now on, if I put a lot of thought into my post, making it important, I am going to end it with the "and" symbol, because no one ever seems to read it closely otherwise.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (isolation #23) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:24 am

CWR's claim for townie actually makes sense.
*All face value.*

I know about the "*" comment, just saying. Seems like people over read everything I type, because catching scum is more important than watching words as a town sided player. *Granted, I should probably avoid something that seems like a slip.*

I am chicken ramen, which is a Jailer type power role. Basically, the chicken noodle soup makes people invulnerable, but takes up all there time for the night. So, yeah.

Anyway, I gave my deliciousness to Sthar8 N1 and N2, because she seemed significantly town sided to me, and gave no indication of a power role over day 1 and 2. Night 2, however, I intitially planned on giving it to Strife, but when she (he?) soft claimed, I decided that it was fine to go with Sthar8 again, as she (he?) did not seem to notice/care about being jailed(given soup, same thing).

And guys, I know I was up next, but I told you that if CWR didn't post like an hour after my last, I so couldn't get to this game until last night or today. *AND I'm here!!*

Anyway, next.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (isolation #24) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:16 pm

Well, Sthar8, I am actually going to disagree with you, not only because I am sided with Town, but because I believe Strife is the most guilty player.

First of all, I can't stand that claim. It is, in my opinion, horrible. However, I will forget that and quote:
strife220 wrote:EBWOP: "On a similar note" in the above post doesn't fit after I moved things around. I felt this deserves a post of it's own.

Beyond_Birthday wrote:*Waits for CWR*
Actually, if people really thought about what I said, and the fact that I am "Chicken flavor," it should be pretty obvious what my role could be.
Woah... incredibly suspicious post. It should be obvious what your role is? ... Jailer? It's obvious chicken is jailer? Look like BB was planning on claiming Vanilla but CWR has implied that he's the only vanilla. You got some 'splaining to do BB.

This, of course, seems suspicious, however, its intent is to be combined with the rest of the post:

Beyond_Birthday wrote:Strife, that is why I was so Gun ho for his lynch. I *am* chicken. Well, the reason that "chicken is vanilla" was actually pretty good. The main problem with his statement is his focus on chicken, not chicken ramen. Still, the claim was a decent choice for vanilla, but I obviously knew otherwise. :Wink:

*Waits for CWR*

Here, read it again. I, in no way, indicate "Chicken Ramen=Vanilla." I say, "Chicken=vanilla" is a pretty clever reason. However, Chicken Ramen! is my point. It wouldn't make sense that chicken noodle soup be vanilla, when it is a common association between curing the cold and the chicken noodle soup. So, the vanilla townie claim didn't work, is the entire point of that statement. Secondly, I SAID DURING THE WHOLE MUERRTO INCIDENT THAT A TOWNIE SHOULD PROBABLY COUNTER CLAIM!

As a result:

Minor, unbolded for a reason, FoS at both CWR and Darla. Why didn't one of you mention something to the effect of, "Oh, hey, I'm a townie." I made it minor and unbolded, of course, because you might have reasoned something to the effect of... "We are mass claiming tomorrow, so oh well."

In any case, I am more suspicious of Darla, mostly because she claimed second.

And I am suspicious of Strife for the above argument, and her claim, which I don't particularly buy. And I am somewhat surprised Food didn't mention anything about having recruited a player, but the "EBWOP" about communication makes me think that both Masons are scum, or jumping the gun town. No matter the case, I am not caring for Strife at the moment.

Vote: Strife220

If Food manages to state otherwise, I definitely see how Darla could have been claiming vanilla for lack of a better claim.

@Sthar: You speak (to me) in your claim post almost as though you assume I'm town. So, why so quick to change? Being a BP almost makes me think that you could be scum...

So, my list of probable remaining scum (in no particular order):

Sthar
Darla
Strife
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (isolation #25) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:18 pm

EBWOP:
That isn't a complete list, but this mostly roots in the posts relevant to me.

Also, Food should be in that "relevant to me" list of possible scum posts, assuming that Food and Strife decided to both claim Mason as scum.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (isolation #26) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:09 am

Strife, did you completely miss my EBWOP where I said "Oh, and food should be on that list?"

*Head slams desk*

Anyway, I will leave you alone for now, but I really don't suspect CWR at all. He made the claim first, and as far as a vanilla in a ramen game goes, it makes a lot of sense. It is literally flavorless, which means he is probably a real townie. Darla, on the other hand, claimed second, putting her as suspect. Also, the way CWR claimed makes me think that he was saying that the real flavor of vanilla ramen is "plain, dry ramen." (ie, not chicken. BTW, the fact that after mass claim that there is ONLY one chicken should be like saying: HEY, CHICKEN CLAIM IS REAL! but, I will argue this point later.)

Second, I still, absolutely do like Food and Strife for a scum team, mostly based on the fact that Strife always leaves crap out of my statements. (And finally, I said it should be fairly obvious what my role COULD BE. Obviously it ISN'T vanilla town, was my point, but you know what, still going to argue this later.)

So, current suspects:

Food and Strife

Darla and ??? (could be CWR, but not seeing how we have no townies and how his claim, being first, isn't sensible. Additionally, I lightly suspect Darla because we should, probably, have two.)

Finally, I lightly suspect Sthar8 because of the BP claim being a tad safe, (and the described method of being BP was a little absurd), but also her quick change from thinking I am BP to not really bugs me. Maybe she just saw Strife's argument and liked it. I dunno, but she definitely isn't *way* up there on the scum list.

In any case, STRIFE! IF YOU ARE READING MY POSTS SO CAREFULLY, HOW DO YOU KEEP MISSING BITS HERE AND THERE!?!?!?!? <---main point.... o.O
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (isolation #27) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:03 pm

First:
Okay, so I give you chicken ramen to eat. And, you take your sweet time to eat it, so you can't do anything that night. I apparently give people chicken noodle soup, not that they eat me. I am a great jailer chef! yay!

Second:
Anyway, I don't like all this reasoning that gives me a 66% chance of being scum.

Third:
Um, actually, I I keep thinking sthar is a girl because Sthar-->star (minus H), and that seems like a girls name.

Fourth:
Yeah, strife and Sthar, I remember things by name, not avatar. So, when I think of that S name, I might type the wrong one. And Strife, definitely a male's name. Dunno what Sthar is supposed to be... sorry guy.

Fifth:
I have no objections, so who should I jail?
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (isolation #28) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:36 pm

Oh, yes, I can confirm. Trust me, I read and pay attention since I am not really going to be able to do anything else useful at this point. And I just was going to point out that my protection comes at a price:

If I save you, you can't use your role.

However, since this has been pointed out as semi irrelevant, I will jail WK as soon as night comes. However, assume that Darla flips town, who should I target?

*I will quickly reread to see if this was mentioned, should night come prematurely.*

And I dunno where votes are so:

MOD: Could you vote count when you return?

Finally:

Sthar8: I usually consider gender/icons all to be irrelevant. However, that story will definitely be kept in my memory for a much longer amount of time, and I will probably recall the correct name between you two at least.

*Bows* My apologies.

In any case, I will redirect my question: Sthar8, should I protect anyone other than WK or Charter (or yourself) if Darla flips town, or do you have someone specific in mind? (I have no problems, as I have a decent idea who to target otherwise..., just wondering if you had a particular idea.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (isolation #29) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:43 pm

Cool, then I have the person in mind already.

In any case,
Unvote

Forgot to do that Strife.

Hm..., I won't hammer, unless you people want me to. In rereading, I read something about worrying about an abrupt end to today, so I am definitely going to wait for the OK before voting, mostly due to current suspicions on me.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (isolation #30) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:02 am

Read, confirmed, etc.

Star8 said, "Go ahead..."
Vote: Darla
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (isolation #31) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:24 pm

Wait, who the hell was it that said my Chicken post had anything to do with being townie?

I SOFT CLAIMED A POWER ROLE YESTERDAY!

I just remembered this and got very pissed off. (Something kept telling me this didn't make sense.)

FoS whoever it was, and I post this before thread is locked.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (isolation #32) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:31 pm

Post 520: (Cut out irrelevant argument)
Beyond_Birthday wrote:
Okay, so
Unvote
. I have no problems waiting.

@strife220: Okay, some of us has to be like the 0%vig, because I will go ahead and soft claim a power role. That makes 4 claims on power roles, which is enormous for a 12 person town. Plus, there is the confirmed Jack of all Seasonings... That makes five:
Doc
Cop
Jack-confirmed (Liam)
????-strife
????-BB

So, realistically, someone is lying, or someone is actually powerless...

Still, I don't really think that Cop can really be sane at this point. (But what if the mod is screwing with us and Cop was sane and we were just bamboozled XDDD)

I am going to look over yesterday for Muertto, 'cause to be honest, I still think of him as highly suspect.
So, if that was aimed at Strife, (the rest of the argument included), how did you miss it?

FoS:Strife
strife220 wrote:EBWOP: "On a similar note" in the above post doesn't fit after I moved things around. I felt this deserves a post of it's own.

Beyond_Birthday wrote:*Waits for CWR*
Woah... incredibly suspicious post. It should be obvious what your role is? ... Jailer? It's obvious chicken is jailer? Look like BB was planning on claiming Vanilla but CWR has implied that he's the only vanilla. You got some 'splaining to do BB.
I really planned on claiming vanilla, after soft claiming a power role?

Yeah, that makes sense....
:roll:
Sorry, but totally loving the Food & Strife scum team.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (isolation #33) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:04 am

Wow, Sthar said something that made sense.

And for the umpteenth time, people focus too much on "Chicken" and not "Chicken flavored ramen" which does equal, more or less, chicken noodle soup. *I* don't know why I am not doctor, but my point is how in seven hells strife thought I was supposedly going to claim VILLAGER?!?!?

*sighs*

w/e... This can kind of wait till tomorrow...
Although, I do love how food jumped in as soon as I threw up the idea that he is possible scum with Strife...
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (isolation #34) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:16 pm

Why has day not ended yet....

And I do like the clarification from Sthar8, but none of this affects me immediately. All and all, I am just curious about why day hasn't ended. So, checking in!
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (isolation #35) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:13 pm

Calm down Sthar8, jeez.

I had three papers to write yesterday, but nevermind that. It is completely irrelevant.

Anyway, as silly as it sounds, I am just going to make a few points before my lynch (which is the only way to give what I say merit except of the honor code which, admittedly, doesn't exist inside the town.)

1. Godfather and Goon died. With so much town power, there is probably a mafia roleblocker. If the RB knew that the doc wouldn't protect WK and that I would be both his safeguard and further my defense, he would probably RB me and then kill WK. Thus, I would be lynched the next day. This much has a 95% chance of being mafia's plan. The other 5% is the slight potential of four mafia players, but this is obviously very unlikely.

2. I did jail WK last night, anything else that occurred is beyond me. However, I cannot prove this except in my death which verifies my role. If town believes that my lynch is best due to the information we will gain, I have no problem against my lynch, so long as it will definitely help town. Considering the deadline of each day, I believe making the most of the day to find the potential scum to be the best so that tomorrow isn't rushed.

ClockworkRuse wrote:
Vote: BB

Obviously you didn't Jail WK as you were told and agreed to and with this kill you've done everything in your power to destroy any proof of your innocence.

I also fail to see why Charter didn't protect WK either way but for the time being BB is the better lynch in my mind.
What the hell? What moronic scum would ever destroy his own proof of innocence, no matter how flimsy. My little slogan *points angrily at stupid statement under avatar* doesn't make me a damn amateur.

As for Charter, Charter was told NOT to protect WK, assuming that Darla flips scum. Gah, you are being so stupid that I really wonder if you are trying some pathetic attempt as scum to push suspicions on people, planting seeds in the heads of the town.

Not to say I find Charter particularly guilty or innocent, but the statement is just moronic considering our failed plan.

In any case, I will check in either tonight or tomorrow to see the town's reaction. Do whatever you will till then.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (isolation #36) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:48 pm

I am not going to vote myself as plan A suicides, not plan B.

Now, who I think is scum. Well, let me see:

ClockWorkRuse (vanilla) Mafia conspiracy to claim vanilla: 35%
Sthar8 (Bulletproof) 32%
Food (mason 1) 2%
Strife (mason 2) 2%

Power Roles:

BB (Jailer) 0%
Charter (Doc) 29%

I think that is everyone who is alive. If so, that is my suspicions for mafia.

Since I refuse to vote myself, I will vote for my favorite for mafia.

Vote: Clockworkruse
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (isolation #37) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:11 am

*Runs far away with my delcious soup.*
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #844 (isolation #38) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:42 am

Yay! Town wins! I am glad my first completed game is a victory!

Oman, why did you claim beef when you were pork?
Show
6-4-1

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”