CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (isolation #0) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:12 pm

Post by CallMeLiam »

aioqwe wrote:Might I suggest we attempt to get out of the random vote stage quickly? We have deadlines that are substantially faster than normally paced games, thus I think we should try and get some substance instead of wasting 3-4 days (1/4 of our day) in RVS. That said, I do not support quicklynching. I will push the largest bandwagon or most likely to lynch bandwagon if we are close to deadline and not going anywhere. I think we need the info from lynches. What are your opinions?
I'll certainly aim to lynch every day, but I think I'd prefer to lynch as close to deadline as possible each day.

Anyway
vote: Beyond_Birthday
for being the last to post. Timezones be damned I want my arbitrary first vote.
is now full, but replacements are always welcome.
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:05 pm

Post by CallMeLiam »

I'd certainly support this day 1, but beyond that I think we'd have to go on a day-by-day basis. I doubt it'll be needed after a full day and night worth of action.
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:39 pm

Post by CallMeLiam »

aioqwe wrote:I thought my scuminess would get us out of random voting faster and more people would be questioning >.< Is it just that the two who are giving me beef are the most experienced or the only ones really reading or are they scum trying to build off of anything scummy they see >.< I need some time to process the reactions a bit more >.<
I still think that 'acting scummy to get us out of random voting' is a pretty shoddy way of saying 'Yeah, I was acting scummy but I'm still town guys!'. There's never a need to deliberately act scummy because you know someone else will eventually.
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:25 pm

Post by CallMeLiam »

aioqwe wrote:Liam, your first post at me doesn't seem so accusatory. Why the switch?
I wouldn't say I'm being too accusatory. Your actions didn't look so much like 'scummy' behaviour as much as they did simple 'shit-stirring'.
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:12 pm

Post by CallMeLiam »

Just a few observations...

unvote
No need for that anymore.
charter wrote:
unvote
vote Darla

For hypocrisy and basically waiting for someone to build a case she can latch onto. (That's how I interpret 'look for anything that really jumps out at me')
This looked like a pretty soft vote at first, but considering the deadline and the fact that I actually liked Darla's post it comes off as a bit worse.
charter wrote:Serious now, you're already trying to direct suspicion towards others, hence my vote on you. Not really towards a single person either...
This would apply if he was under heavy pressure, but he's not shunting attention away from himself. Like Oman said, it just looks like some nice active scumhunting.

Melikefood wouldn't have earned my vote for the random vote thing, BUT afterwards came this:
melikefood wrote:D: Oh no, 4 votes on me...
aioqwe wrote: I'm dismissing sthar, and looking at darla and food.

unvote, vote: food
These quotes don't seem to agree with each other.
Why did you picked me over Darla?
Which looked a little over defensive and paranoid.
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:07 pm

Post by CallMeLiam »

sthar8 wrote:Liam: I agree about food's apparent attitude, but I'm not sure it points to anything.
In my experience, that kind of stress is common in newb-scum, with the slightest hint of suspicion coming off as "OMG they're onto me!" I probably should have added that onto my post maybe.
sthar8 wrote:I'm going to go ahead and
Unvote, Vote: charter

You have six in-game posts, and three of those have been votes. Two of the remaining three have been explanations for your serious votes. Now, your second point against Darla may be valid (I'll wait till her post to decide) but it seems to me that you are fishing for reactions with these votes, which could be scum trying out wagons to find the easy lynch.
Enh.

Fishing for reactions is one thing, but when the vote is removed before any serious analysis can be done and then dumped on someone else it does indeed look like opportunistic bandwagon hopping. With our days being limited I could certainly see scum trying to heighten the sense of "must lynch quickly!" with some swift poop slinging.
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (isolation #6) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:27 pm

Post by CallMeLiam »

windkirby wrote:I have a DS, but I'm busy with "The World Ends with You".

Fortunately, because it's not like we have any mafia games going on or anything, we can guilt-free-ly focus all of our attention to the lovely games on the Nintendo DS regardless of what we're actually supposed to be doing right now, like, I don't know, play mafia or whatever. Wait, what is mafia again? More importantly, is everyone picking up on my sarcasm? Maybe it was too subtle...
This post sticks out to me right now. It looks like you want the game to get moving, but don't actually want to make any concrete statements. Cagey much?
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (isolation #7) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:07 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

I'm back, the posts over the last couple of days have been really long and detailed and rather than give the thread a cursory look I'll leave it til I have more free time (tomorrow evening). Sorry guys (and Mod)
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:55 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

Muerrto wrote:Besides, a blocker blocks you, not your target. So it doesn't matter who you say you're going to investigate.
Not true. If the mafia know he's investigating town then they can kill said townie and negate the investigation's usefulness.
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (isolation #9) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:03 pm

Post by CallMeLiam »

sthar8 wrote:What happened to Liam's post?
I said I'd try and I've been swamped, I'm at a summer school with one PC between around 150 people and I've not had a day-off yet today. I've got to see the Doc this afternoon and after that I'll do my best to get here. Sorry I've been useless.
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (isolation #10) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:43 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

Weighing in on the Vig issue, I'm not sure how much I believe the claim, but I'd much rather let an SK or Mafioso live for one more night that kill off a potentially very helpful townie.

I also think that the vig should let us know who he plans to kill. We gain some info knowing who the scum kill off, but if we don't know who was offed by a pro-town player and who was offed by anti-town players then we add the chance for even more confusion and potential slips.

Oman, why do you want to be targeted for the kill so bad, strife makes the good point that it barely tells us anything.

Even if it wasn't me I'd say don't lynch the lurker who's claimed to be damn busy.
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (isolation #11) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:50 pm

Post by CallMeLiam »

vote: Oman

No,
I'm
Beef Ramen, and I'm a Jack of All Seasonings. I've got a vig kill, a doc protection and a role block (all one-shot).
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (isolation #12) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:10 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

So now I like Muerrto and Oman for scum. Oman for his BS claim, and Muertto for hammering.

Like I've said
repeatedly
I haven't been lurking, I've had no access to the internet.
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (isolation #13) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:55 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

I've been sorta half watching the game but to be honest the way I was counterclaimed left a pretty sour taste in my mouth. Sorry I wasn't super-active day one but I was in the middle of moving home from Vietnam and my access was limited. Good game town!
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (isolation #14) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:37 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

His role was Creamy Beef, the death reveal was actually a lie.
Poor form that.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”