Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:28 am

Post by Awesome Pants »

armlx wrote:No hunter should ever shoot until it is mathematically impossible for there to be another townie.
That's a good point. I suppose that once the game is in that situation where the only town member left is the hunter, the game basically becomes a reverse version of AITP, except the CR will know who the assassin is (but basically won't be able to tell his recruits without being killed).

To further your idea, I don't think the hunter (or townie turned hunter as the case may be) should use their shot until they're dead so that they can get as much info as possible and have the best chance of hiting CR.

As for claiming, obviously I think they should only claim when the town still has the majority.
icemanE wrote:Additionally, isn't it game over once it's mathematically impossible that there isn't another townie?
Not if the hunter hasn't used his shot. If he knows he's in a situation like that, he should stay alive as long as possible and try and blend in as a CR. Obvious the cult will have the advantage of have the CR know who the hunter is, but the cult won't be 100% sure.
[b]Currently being used By MafiaSSK for Chess Mafia. With all due permission from AP himself.[/b]
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #25 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:06 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

At this stage I don't really think random voting will achieve much. Here's some questions to get a bit of content flowing from those that have started to participate.

Darox: What do you make of armlx 'leading the town' in a round about sort of way?

icemanE: What do you think of Jaguar being replaced and the extended time taken to open the thread?

armlx and sleepy panda: If you had to choose someone to lynch right now, who would you choose and why?
[b]Currently being used By MafiaSSK for Chess Mafia. With all due permission from AP himself.[/b]
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #36 (isolation #2) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:26 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

armlx wrote:
armlx and sleepy panda: If you had to choose someone to lynch right now, who would you choose and why?
Can't answer that legitimately without a post from everyone.
Fair enough, what if you
had
to choose those that have posted?
icemanE wrote:What do the rest of you think about the Jaguar replacement issue, and why was that question only addressed to me, Awesomepants?
I was thinking about it while impatiently checking the thread each day (:P), and while I guess it is possible that he's scum it'd probably be stupid to lynch him on that alone. armlx brings a valid point too that, if he was protown, the mod could've left the thread closed as to not 'clear' him which is a fair point.

I asked you to get some content flowing. I've found that addressing questions to one person often get a better response than asking the whole group, as people will 'bandwagon' the first logical response.

It seemed a good question to get some content flowing and has seemed to work
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #38 (isolation #3) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:28 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

armlx wrote:Umm, probably you for refusing to random vote, but thats pretty weak.
Interesting, what inherent property of random voting do you think would make scum less likely to partake in random voting?
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #41 (isolation #4) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:19 am

Post by Awesome Pants »

armlx wrote:Have you ever played AitP? For the scum, its a similar concept in comparison to that game (1 person they don't want to leave connections to), hence the reason they wouldn't random vote.
I haven't, but I understand the setup, however I don't see why it wouldn't be in a scum's interest to random vote here. The only point I can see is the CR not wanting to be tied to any of his cultists should they be lynched, but I don't see how random voting would make that connection. At best I can see it getting really WIFOMy for the town.
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #44 (isolation #5) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:29 am

Post by Awesome Pants »

SleepyPanda wrote:If you aren't even willing to random vote, why did you ask armlx and me to choose a person who we would want to lynch, with reasons? I don't see how you expect a decent answer when the game just started. Same question to you then, who would you lynch now and why?
That's the thing, I didn't expect a decent answer. The question is there to see how a person would react to it - typically scum find it harder to find things against people, particularly at that stage of the game, when they know that they're innocent. A townie is more likely to have at least small suspicions for minor things. Of course I didn't expect you to actually advocate for their lynch though.

As for me, the phrasing of WK's idea that 'I can see where iceman is coming from; it's a valid point that I would probably take into consideration if it wasn't me. Still, however, I'm pretty sure the period from when I got my role PM and the time when the thread opened up was pretty short.' rings a few bells. He seems almost like he wants to get rid of the idea but doesn't want to do it in an obvious way that'd draw attention to himself.
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #46 (isolation #6) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:39 am

Post by Awesome Pants »

Ah, but can you explain how random voting would do that? It's not like we're quick-lynching here.
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #52 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:58 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

Bogre wrote:Awesome Pants: Why do you think Armlx is leading the town?

My perspective on it: He's just trying to throw out an analysis of the setup, which isn't a bad thing.
I don't. Well, he is, but only to a small degree which comes from the content of the posts and was pretty much unavoidable.

The question was there, to effectively 'lead' darox into analysing armlx's motives. I think with those sorts of questions, someone protown will be more likely to critically think about the question and answer accordingly, whereas scum might try and 'jump' onto an easy bandwagon that's set out for them. Of course, having said that, scum also like to defend town members so that if they are lynched they look protown.
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #54 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:25 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

Yeah, I suppose it is a bit wishy washy in the way I've worded it, but it's not always
just
what they do, but rather the way in which they do it. For example, I liked the way you justified your answer to that question but your most recent post comes off as a bit 'OMGUS' which I do find a bit funny.
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #55 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:25 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

Err, EDWOP: scummy*.
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #76 (isolation #10) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:47 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

Sorry I haven't posted much recently, the last couple of days have been a bit hectic for me.

vote: xyzzy

I agree he does look mighty scummy right now, and I think putting him at L-1 right now will further our cause. Obviously, if he's the DK then his recruit should be trying to do everything in their power to derail his lynch.
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #181 (isolation #11) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:36 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

Gah, sorry for not posting, my internet got shot in the foot. Anyway, I was thinking about the events of yesterday and what would've happened if xy claimed before we lynched him..

If he had, we would obviously have not lynched him and chances are we would've probably lynched a townie. That'd mean the DK would've gone into night knowing who the hunter was, and probably would've recruited someone who wasn't the townie rather than killing the hunter.

Hmm.. I think the DK knowing who the hunter is at this stage of the game could be bad town. If the DK knows then he can keep him alive through the game and never recruit him. On the other hand, the town would have at least one cleared innocent that, for as long as he/she was alive, would be protown. I think that'd be good in a way.

If the hunter didn't claim, then the DK wouldn't know and could possibly kill him during the night rather than recruiting someone. At this stage of the game, that'd mean that we'd either come into d3 at 2/3 (if we mislynched) or 3/2 (if we correctly lynched). Alternatively, if the hunter didn't get killed we'd come into d3 at 2/4 (if we mislynched) or 3/3 (if we lynch correctly).

That 2/4 is a bit worrying, but I suppose so is the 2/3. I guess at least with the DK claiming before he's about to get lynched we have another shot at hitting scum. Overall I'm not totally sure, but I think we should make a plan before we lynch again. Both paths imo have their advantages and disadvantages.
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #208 (isolation #12) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:58 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

Gonna catch up on the last few pages soon, been a bit busy. In the meantime, we have another week or so until deadline.
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #214 (isolation #13) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:04 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

Ok, had my read through.

vote: iceman
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #215 (isolation #14) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:04 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

edwop:
vote: icemanE
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #217 (isolation #15) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:13 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

Heh, phew, logically you had to be town.
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #233 (isolation #16) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:43 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

vote: Jaguar
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #247 (isolation #17) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:23 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

Good game all, I really wasn't sure how to play it through and confused myself a few times thinking about whether I should be trying to act like a CR or a townie a few times.

It's interesting that windkirby found armlx the least likely to be the DK.. I actually though he might be the first choice which is why I didn't vote for him. If I had of known that he didn't seem suspicious to WK then I probably would have hammered. Why did you find me the second most suspicious WK?

Thanks for modding to Norinel, it was quite a fun and unique setup to play! It'd be good to see it run again.
armlx wrote:Why recruit Bogre N3 Awesome?
Well I figured that you and Darox would assume that your cult buddy was on the iceman wagon, but wouldn't be totally sure which of the two it was so you might be hesitant to suggest lynching from there (but rather choose Jaguar or WK) so I thought that Bogre was the best play. Who would've you chosen?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”