Mini 573 - Darkstalkers Mafia - Game over!

Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:24 pm

Post by Rogueben »

Am here. Will read. Posting will come later tonight.
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:23 am

Post by Rogueben »

Posting bits and pieces about everyone. For completeness I will include Ration (though speaking from my perspective).

Alabaska J
Alabaska J wrote:I can see the logic in what you all are saying. I only use random.org because a truly random vote keeps me out of the opening semantics and misunderstanding, since, there is nothing to be gleaned from what I have posted and therefore eliminates the possibility of someone taking my vote the wrong way.
This is bad. Scum are the ones that don't want to be caught out.

In general has posted a lot, but a lot of it is irrelevant or useless. Also doesn't seem to be reading the thread properly, see post 61.

armix
armix wrote:RotN is only worth lynching if he decides not to post (at least based on the current wagon).
Hmm. I don't like this. Better off asking for him to be replaced, lynching someone with no posts is not very beneficial for the future.

Besides this one point armix has appeared pretty solid so far. Good, unique points. Not too much in the way of useless posts.

DeanWinchester

Post moar!!! Agrees with other people, doesn't present his own ideas.

Drunken Piper

Also has come up with some good original ideas, probes well. Posting style is going to annoy me a bit but I'll deal with it I guess.

Ghost Writer

Says in his first post that he will not vote Ranger for the not posting thing. Votes him in his latest post, now that the wagon is pretty popular. If Ranger is scum then this is a possible partner.

gorckat

I like him so far. His arguments against Al recently have been good.

ooba

Needs to post more. Good vibes from his few posts with content.

Ration

First vote is misguided. Second post noobish. Not much else, his last post was a bit sheep-like and wishy-washy though. "I want to vote RotN but don't want to look scummy" is how that reads to me.

RangeroftheNorth

I look forward to seeing what his replacement has to say. I will have my eye on his replacement from the start, as I can see no real pro-town reason to play the way Ranger started this game. Also his asking for a replacement maybe scum cop-out under attack.

RossWilliam

Like his play so far.

Sir Tornado

Meh - no read either way at this point.

springlullaby

Don't like the DP vote from him.

Vote Alabaska J
. There is a pretty good case building up here and I'd like to see him under some serious scrutiny.

@ springlullaby - When RotN declared that he was going to lurk that took him from conceivably just being busy to intentional lurking. Intentionally lurking is anti-town.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #2) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:14 pm

Post by Rogueben »

springlullaby wrote:Intentional lurking is not anti-town - it is annoying yes, but whether town or scum, lurkers know what they risk.
This concerns me a lot. Either you have a very limited knowledge of mafia theory, or you are scum.
springlullaby wrote:All I see is a single act of lurkerhunting focalised on Ranger mixed with unwarranted 'look I did a 'meta' therefore I'm so not scummy'.
The meta is a very valid argument. Why is it that Ranger has decided for this game to make a stance when in many other games he has done nothing of the sort?
armix wrote:This comment wasn't phrased the best. What I meant was if Ranger showed back up and kept with the "Screw this, hate day starts, not posting" he should be considered for a lynch. Not if he just doesn't post and legitimately needs replacement.
Ah, thanks for the clarification.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #3) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:08 am

Post by Rogueben »

GhostWriter wrote:
Rogueben wrote:
Ghost Writer

Says in his first post that he will not vote Ranger for the not posting thing. Votes him in his latest post, now that the wagon is pretty popular. If Ranger is scum then this is a possible partner.
In that first post, I said that I wouldn't place a vote solely on that one post of his. My vote was placed due to the fact that after he became a focal point of conversation, he himself did not join in.
I think that this is a valid argument (despite your defense), but it is conditional on Ranger being scum.

You say
Ghostwriter wrote:You yourself have done the irritating thing and earned yourself the fury of the votes that have no better place to go. myself won't be placing a vote on you solely because of that post.
which, assuming for the moment Ranger is scum, can be seen as coaching and it also allows yourself the opportunity to vote later (particularly the use of the word "solely").
Ghostwriter wrote:I strongly suggest you involve yourself in it further. Vote: Ranger, for the purpose of pushing the fact that you need to get in this.
Again, this has now become a popular wagon, and your reasons for jumping on it read a little insincere to me.

However, these are only considerations for the future, because it is one big conditional argument.

Mod: Can you prod Sir Tornado and DeanWinchester

If Dean does not post in the next couple of days I will seriously consider voting him. Seriously, 2 posts in the game so far, no useful content at all, and has acted like a yes man when he has posted.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #4) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:54 am

Post by Rogueben »

What? Have you read the rules armix.
Dead Rikimaru wrote:Prods will be sent by request of other players, or if an AC PM is not opened several days after it has been sent.
If you receive a Prod PM you are expected to post ingame.
Answering the PM is not necessary. If a player has not opened or has opened but ignored the prod several days after it has been sent I will start looking for replacement.
I have requested a prod as DW hasn't posted since the sixth and SirT hasn't posted since the 7th. 11-12 days without posting I think is quite worthy of asking for a prod, especially when the mod makes it clear that he isn't going to stop lurking as a playstyle (read Activity Checks, not required to post in the thread).

Do you really think that was worth an FoS, I think that is a particularly weak reason for any sort of suspicion.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #5) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:45 pm

Post by Rogueben »

@Alabaska - That is generally what lurking refers to. The fact that a player is around and reading but not posting. This is distinct from being absent, where a player is obviously paying no attention to the game.

I would not attack someone for lurking if they had disappeared completely from the site, the fact is, in both these cases, they have remained active (at least to some degree) in their other games.

I am quite happy to let the mod work it from here. The reason why I said that I would vote him was to goad him into coming back and respond to that, since he hasn't (as of yet), that tactic doesn't seem likely to work. I thought that if he posted reasonably soon after that post then there would have been a pretty strong case against him.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #6) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:25 pm

Post by Rogueben »

Alabaska wrote:DP is just trying to draw attention to springlullaby because he truly thinks he's scum. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.
The problem lies in whether he really thinks she's scum or not. If a case seems ingenuine then it's a legitimate vote, as it could be a case based on Krap-Logic TM.

Your defence of DP is noted here. I will take that into account should one of you come up scum.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #7) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:04 pm

Post by Rogueben »

ooba wrote:Nothing wrong with Roguben's 122 PbPa - Can't belive he missed Al's contradiction though
Wow. Good Catch. I missed that completely.

That's almost lynch worthy on it's own for LAL. Add that with the previous cases and I think we've caught one here.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #8) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:17 pm

Post by Rogueben »

FoS: Dean

Lurking day 1 - even if it is to get a read on everyone else is an anti-town strategy. How is anyone else supposed to be able to get a read on you?

Do you have anything new to bring to the table, or are you just going to follow everyone else's reasoning.

Does anyone have a meta on Dean? Does he play like this regardless of alignment?
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:38 am

Post by Rogueben »

Also don't you know the rule about not claiming as a vanilla? It achieves nothing, and when it gets to night scum would rather find a rower-role then off a vanilla. I think it was Yos2 that came up with that rule.
GW wrote:Why are you waiting for him to claim, DW?
He said nothing about claiming. I'm assuming he's waiting for a defense from alabaska. Why were you so quick to assume he meant a claim?

And btw I would like alabaska to claim.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (isolation #10) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by Rogueben »

My bad. Sorry I forgot about that.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (isolation #11) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:11 pm

Post by Rogueben »

unvote

I'm trying to evaluate this claim, on the one hand Alabaska has being playing pretty scummy from the start, but I find it unlikely that he would have the name of his character and the character he is looking for unless he was really that role. It also makes sense flavor wise as well I think.

According to wikipedea Demetri is evil and Morrigan is not (she is an anti-hero). Demetri has been aiming at attacking Morrigan's family.

The only thing I am a little unsure of is I could see Demetri more as a cult leader than a SK. This is because of this line of the wikipedea article:
Wikipedea article on Demetri Maximoff wrote:Those who had their blood sucked by Demitri had their body and soul consumed by evil.
Never the less I think that it may be a wise move to look at someone else for today.

Vote: DeanWinchester
for lurking, being a general yes man and other reasons already mentioned in previous posts. I think that he is a better lynch at this point.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (isolation #12) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:27 pm

Post by Rogueben »

You don't like my reaction to it? I would like a good reason, and I suggest you think carefully about, in particular how it makes me more likely to be scum given his claim.

Have you read the wikipedea articles on each of those characters? I think that flavor wise it is quite likely that Morgan would have some kind of role that is against Demetri.

I agree that it is possibly a SK safe-claim, and the flavor posted is a bit iffy. I can see AlabaskaJ para-phrasing badly though.

Mod - 5thing the deadline extension request
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (isolation #13) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:19 pm

Post by Rogueben »

DeanWinchester is the biggest culprit. Ross probably needs a prod at this point though.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (isolation #14) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:29 pm

Post by Rogueben »

Claus wrote:Yeah. It felt kinda wrong, mainly the "Dimitri looks more like an Cult Leader than an SK". So you unvote per claim, but you still say that the claim looks wrong, and he is still scummy. This is pinged my scumdar a little.
I think that most likely in this game Alabaska is, in fact, the SKcop and that Demetri would be a SK. This is based off his claim, which I find to be believable.

However, when I was reading the article about Demetri it did pique my interest that his character bit people and took control of them. That sounded, flavor wise, more like a cult-leader than a SK. That being said, in a mini game, I think it would be pretty unbalanced to have a cult along with a mafia group, and find it unlikely that there would actually be one.
Claus wrote:While THIS reaction is much more interesting. Does it bother you that people are looking at your behavior? I don't like your overreaction. "Think carefully about it?" lol.
There is a specific reason why I said that, I thought that you couldn't have any reason for that post to actually be conceived by scum.

1. How would it help mafia to jump off a claimed SKcop?
2. If I was SK, how would it help me to jump off a claimed SKcop?

Can you see where I'm coming from here. I don't like people saying something is scummy without having a plausible reason for why scum would do it.

Did you read the thread in MD about that?

That is why I said that you should think about it carefully before proclaiming it to be scummy.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (isolation #15) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:46 am

Post by Rogueben »

It's got nothing to do with an over-reaction. I don't like people throwing out unfounded suspicion, whether it be on me or someone else. The fact that it was directed at me meant I was more prone to notice and also wanted to defend myself against suspicion that, I believe, is unfounded.

I would like you to answer the questions, I don't want people to become unaccountable for their suspicion and or votes.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (isolation #16) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:47 am

Post by Rogueben »

Oh and Hi Xtoxm, I hope that you can bring a little more to the game than your predecessor.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (isolation #17) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by Rogueben »

ooba please don't answer questions that aren't directed at you.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (isolation #18) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:51 am

Post by Rogueben »

I really don't think that you understand what I'm saying here. Something is only scummy if scum are more likely to do it. You are not willing to explain why scum would be more likely to do it, therefore I find that your justification for the initial FoS is lacking.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (isolation #19) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by Rogueben »

DP wrote:Addressing ooba’s point you should be displaying.

Do you really not understand why the SK might not be on the claimed SKcop wagon?
Since we are so close to deadline, please respond soon and don’t let it drag on
At that point I was more focussed on the fact that he answered a question specifically directed at someone else. I wanted Claus' answer to that question and because ooba gave an answer Claus had something to base his on.

I don't understand the question though. Is that directed at me, or is that what I should have said to ooba?

I know that you always post in rhymes Piper, but when your message becomes unclear due to it you should start being careful.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (isolation #20) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:35 pm

Post by Rogueben »

I disagree entirely with the basis of this wagon. The speed that it has popped up, with not much time until deadline is allowing scum to jump on and get a free coast. On my wagon currently I wouldn't be surprised if DP and/or ooba are scum.

ooba's case for a scum partnership is a pretty weak reasoning for a vote, especially (as armix has said) that it is based on voting the lesser scummy player out of the two.

If people do come back I will be around and happy to move my vote. It is ridiculous to me that we have left so much to the last minute and are now stringing someone up on a bullshit case.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #983 (isolation #21) » Fri May 30, 2008 7:49 pm

Post by Rogueben »

Dead Rikamiru wrote:- Demitri was lynched on Day 1 and Morrigan became the same as a vanilla townie in a game that was supposed to not have vanillas. Razz
That annoyed me so much. I thought I had gotten away with everything on day one, and then I jumped off the claimed SKcop as the SK in order to jump up to the next class of darkstalker and that lost the game for me.

Great Setup Dead, it was heaps of fun. I wish I could have been involved for longer.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”