bethelmark
Goon
bethelmark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:11 am

Post by bethelmark »

Unvote

I am not a fan of exposing our power roles so that we can "find discrepancies". If we lynch a counterclaimed cop and find that we actually had two cops, then we're up a certain creek without a paddle. You can't say that "we'll get one scum for every power role" because Mafia doesn't work that way. People lie and deceive and aren't entirely truthful. All that power role hunting does is expose power roles to be picked off by the mafia while letting them sit back and give themselves cover.

FoS: xyzzy
bethelmark
bethelmark
Goon
bethelmark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #2) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:42 am

Post by bethelmark »

Off the Mark wrote:It'd be basically the same as mass claiming
I'm seeing it like that too. Basically, the pressure is put on each person until they claim, and we're looking for discrepancies. Basically, it's a mass claim.

I don't favor a mass claim now; it exposes our power roles too early, and scum can just hide behind realistic fake claims. In the right circumstances, though, I would be all for it.
bethelmark
bethelmark
Goon
bethelmark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:09 am

Post by bethelmark »

While schis does seem scummy to me, I'm willing to let him claim if he so wishes instead of an immediate hammer (cause he's at lynch -1). The whole "giving up" thing doesn't automatically mean scum; I've seen town do it as well.

Korran's vote seems...strange. In fact, I'm not sure I've seen anything in this thread that makes me think he's town. I'll have to go back and look, though.

Oh, and hi Scope.
bethelmark
bethelmark
Goon
bethelmark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:17 pm

Post by bethelmark »

Analysis for Tromboner/K-Scope
Tromboner wrote:OMGUS vote: XreyoX
Day one vote. Nothing to see here, folks. And that's all we get from him.

Now for K-Scope. I've played with Scope before, and I know he's an active, agressive player. Immediately after replacing in, he goes after schis, and then provides some quotes to back up his vote.

He then makes a couple of posts about AlSleet jumping on right after his attack on schis. This post basically sums that up:
K-Scope wrote:I find it scummy you're having the exact same thoughts as me after my post, but then again, relate nothing from what I've posted to your thoughts. It sounds very unrealistic in my eyes.
He continues to have his suspicion on schis, thinking he's scum moreso than desperate town when schis was at lynch -1. Schis posts some response, then K-Scope is "I'm happy with your reply" but "it hasn't changed my opinion".

Scope then attacks schis for WIFOM logic ("all who attack me must be scum").

Scope then, out of nowhere, decides schis is an ignorant townie moreso than scum, and unvotes and jumps to voting on AlSleet.

And...that's all that's there.

Conclusion:
Suspicion on schis was justified; he was the scummiest at that point. However, after schis responded to the accusations and "gave up", it seemed to me that schis was more desperate town than scum. The only thing Scope has done that I find suspicious is switching from schis to AlSleet out of nowhere, when his earlier posts seemed to me like he was sure schis was scum. Overall, I'm getting a neutral read on him. Part of me thinks he's clean, but another part can't get over that all-of-a-sudden switch off of schis.

Analysis for theopor coming later.

I know he's not on my list, but in rereading I couldn't help but notice that Korran has contributed next to nothing. I'm not sure if I'm reading new town or just plain scum here, but it's definitely worth noting.
bethelmark
bethelmark
Goon
bethelmark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #5) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:02 am

Post by bethelmark »

Ectomancer wrote:Bethelmark jumps on xxyzzy in cozy scum position with an fos
Ecto, who are you saying is in a "cozy scum position" with this statement, and why?
bethelmark
bethelmark
Goon
bethelmark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:00 am

Post by bethelmark »

I'm still here...haven't gotten the time to really post anything recently. I'll take another look and hopefully get something up later today.
bethelmark
bethelmark
Goon
bethelmark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (isolation #7) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:38 pm

Post by bethelmark »

Sorry, guys, but I've just been horribly busy this weekend because of having to get ready for my family's vacation. I won't be able to post again until the 17th.
bethelmark
bethelmark
Goon
bethelmark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (isolation #8) » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:26 pm

Post by bethelmark »

Gatorguy91 wrote:Doc Protect/Role Block.

Vote Deathsauce
for not thinking of that...
I'm inclined to agree that a doc protect/roleblock was likely, but I'm not willing to lynch deathsauce over it.
bethelmark
bethelmark
Goon
bethelmark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:30 am

Post by bethelmark »

K-Scope, could you please define for me what you mean by "playing blank"? Thanks.

I'm absolutely sure that AlSleet is either vig or SK (leaning towards vig), and that there's no chance that he's mafia.

*goes back to reread*

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”