Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #46 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:36 pm

Post by Macros »

If not knowing what all these acronyms mean is a lynchable offence I'm pretty much fucked. Took me quite some time to figure out RVS. Please excuse any odd wording, sometime I miss when my phone AutoCorrects.

Plenty of shit flinging already, which I love, I find some games degenerate into a total random voting bullshit fest on day one, which only helps the scumbags.

Zakks suspicion on Tool based on not knowing what ebwop meant really caught my eye, possibly because I had no idea what it meant, but also it seems like amassive reach on a player who hasn't posted overly much at all. Off the back of a half reasoned vote on Gamr it seems a bit nonsensical.and almost undermines credibility of his original vote. So now the quandry, to vote axxle on this flimsy feeling or look further at our other options (bastion, gamr, gg and thor(who wants a speed lunch day one??))
Oh the huge manatee!!
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #47 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:38 pm

Post by Macros »

Oops,
vote axxle

for now, its day one early doors but I like to have it somewhere. Have to check into work but will be active most of the day and intend to read more in depth at tea time.
Oh the huge manatee!!
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #48 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:39 pm

Post by Macros »

Good god my head is ul my ass at the minute
unvote

meant to vote for zakk, I'll just keep it off altogether, I cant seem to trust my brain to fingers communication at the minute.
Oh the huge manatee!!
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #52 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:42 pm

Post by Macros »

Oh my that was embarrassing :D
Oh the huge manatee!!
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #99 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:50 am

Post by Macros »

Alrighty, home from work and settled down with the laptop.

let start from the start, our first semi bandwagon looks like day one good morning random bs and jokery.
This is on ABR
The first two yes, fit this category, then theres Garmr's third vote which has got everyone in a tizzy. He claims ninja post (cross posting?) but look at the time stamps, two whole minutes. On one hand I wonder what took all of two minutes there, oh wait, no I don't. the cross posting and thus cross voting doesn't get me, what does tickle my ivories though is that Garmr "argh cross posting!! etc" but doesn't actually remove the vote.
The second vote he drops is in post 23. This one can't be called a cross post as there is no corrective action taken afterwards and there is a 4 minute delay between the post, he votes Maxous stating that
I'm more suspicious of Maxous who hasn't laid down a vote and is content on just calling people towny while fueling the flames between the two wagons.
if you note, post 22 is Maxous voting

If his reason for voting Maxous was no vote down, and even if it was a cross post, why no unvote or even acknowledgement of the vote in subsequent posts? As Maxous himself notes in post 93, why nothing further on the vote, either a removal in line with your vote logic or a further push on it. the interlude has been fluff posts.

Eyes on Garmr for this post (he could well garner my vote but there's more reading to be done) , going back in to go over sir bastions, thors and guthries stuff , partly because theres a lot of it and partly because on my read through they caught my eye.

A
Oh the huge manatee!!
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #101 (isolation #5) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:59 am

Post by Macros »

quick question on my read through, to thor, is there anyone you wouldn't be willing to lynch?
I understand that we need to push a lynch day one to get ourselves moving and get reads on players but I don't see how throwing a speed lynch in when we have nearly two weeks left (assuming I read those timer correctly) is going to benefit us, step back and take a deep breath man.
Oh the huge manatee!!
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #102 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:00 am

Post by Macros »

Albert, I'm reading through a few times, I won't be rushed into a vote now that things have gotten serious. we have plenty of time.
Oh the huge manatee!!
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #103 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:28 am

Post by Macros »

I'm still going over other people too, but the focus on slandaar got me looking into his posts, (all three, I forgot how useful the post isolation tool is)

First read on his opening post I took as an OTT joke apology. I read it as his justificatoin of his vote on Tool (feel free to correct me if I'm misrepresenting) putting on an act of panicked nerves in a pastiche of what Tool had been accused of, being overly apologetic for a non event.

Except I don't see where Tool has done this, sorry for joining late had to work. When I popped on the thread I thought it had got going quickly, I harboured secret hopes of getting a first in, and now we're on page 5 not even 24 hours in, games a shifting. Tool had made 4 posts before Slandaar landed his vote, it was a piss poorly justified vote he made, he didn't even handwave to other posts on the target.

Second post (71) is overplaying tools "life story" and apologies again now trying to justify his vote, its not until further pressing that he finally pulls together a proper case, which is 50% responding to the pressure and 50% analysis of Tools actions. From basically every angle this is weak, all it is, is Slandaar repeating that tool didn't have to explain his thoughts, well if we all sat and just threw votes at each other without justification it'd be an interesting game, short and pointless, but interesting.
It just reads like Slandaar has a hard on for Tool, it could either be tunnel vision or lazyness, either way its not overly helpful to me as I don't feel anything he's saying hits home remotely. Never played with Slandaar before so I don't know his usual posting style, but I think we need some more from him relatively soon, if nothing else a more solid back up to his vote than that weak ass showing so far.

As of this post I'd be willing to drop one on Slandaar or Garmr
Oh the huge manatee!!
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #109 (isolation #8) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:52 am

Post by Macros »

I'm not getting this dream joke, I need it explained for me.
Also it should be noted, apologies for the 3rd person, Macros really hates being told what to do.

I also get rubbed the wrong way by people big upping and leading the town from the go, its too easy to become dependent on them for our direction.
Position stands, would drop on SLandaar or Garmr no problem, but we have lots of time and I want to hear more from them, and everyone, possibly less nightmares and dreamscapes.
Oh the huge manatee!!
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #115 (isolation #9) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:16 am

Post by Macros »

ISO is isolation I'm assuming.
I'm getting into bed here now, but I really don't get peoples determination that we have to vote right now, its day 1 out of 14, once we get past the obligatory first vote you don't have to drop a vote to pressure guys. you point at them and ask them to clarify and explain themselves, if they faff around, dodge the issues or strawman you then I drop a vote and see what they do. If we go with thors assumption of 3 scum 4 town put votes on someone to pressure them then we're in a situation where scum could nail an innocent.
I know its highly unlikely and it would be pretty abysmal play from scums perspective at this point, but its still part of why I don't fire a vote on until theres seriosu time constraints or the poi hasnt done shit to clear their name.
Oh the huge manatee!!
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #136 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:09 am

Post by Macros »

Ok, checking in and read up new posts.

Garmr's just racking up the scummish reads for me now. He's agreeing with entirely too much, the mafia equivalent of nodding politely and smiling just to get through an awkward dinner. It might just be me, but I'm always interested when people change their reads on a player off the back of a post or two. I, admittedly, have a problem of holding onto my suspicions too long and get tunnel vision, but this reversal on Slandaar is very quick, wether he agrees with the case he has put forth or not it all just reads as nicey nicey dog leg humping.

I'm unsure what to make on the lenghty post from Slandaar, on one hand I agree with points of it, but people bossing a game rubs me the wrong way anyway so this could be a residual effect from that. At the minute I still see Thor as town as he's pushing and prodding everyone to get the game going, Slandaar on the other hand I still suspect, going on my gut I'd vote on Slandaar out of these two as of the moment.
However out of Slandaar and Garmr Id go with Garmr, hes just been too nice, and we all know nice guys finish last.
from the phoen so proper post later, but I will be dropping my vote in the next day or two on Garmr unless things change
Oh the huge manatee!!
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #138 (isolation #11) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:19 am

Post by Macros »

Fine you want it you got it
vote Garmr
Oh the huge manatee!!
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #140 (isolation #12) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:33 am

Post by Macros »

See now this is why I like to hold onto my vote, bandwagon fever two days in.
Oh the huge manatee!!
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #193 (isolation #13) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:44 pm

Post by Macros »

Morning all.

To those questioning my vote, Garmr asked me to, so I obliged. As I said earlier (not post hunting) I push players to pressure them to get a response, if no response, or in this case satisfactory response is forthcoming, THEN I vote for them to squeeze more. Nothing he has said or done since has pulled him down the ladder so my vote stays, although Albert is rapidly ascending. Slandaar hasn't changed in my eyes, but the Thor/SLandaar wall of text pissing match is getting irritating and isn't really moving forward, in my eyes it's degenerated to a protracted version of NO YOU!
Current ranks of suspiciousness for me is Garmr, Albert, SLandaar. I'm not the vote hoping type, but I am watching closely to see whats happening. going now to reread ABR's inputs (his vote followed very quickly on the heels of mine)
Oh the huge manatee!!
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #194 (isolation #14) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:59 pm

Post by Macros »

ABR is very... inconsistent I think is the word I'm looking for.
And I still don't understand what the dream thing is or how it is in anyway relevant to his logic in this game.

After a start of one and two liners he has two votes dropped (two serious votes, SLandaar and Garmr) before he actually generates some content posts.
After dropping his first vote on Slandaar he basically sits back and lets other people do the work, asking Maxous for his gut read on Sland, pushing me to drop a vote as soon as I can and uses future meta as a reason to avoid discourse on other players (reasoning is further elaborated later, but only when pushed)
Its only after he swing votes to Garmr that he starts making full blooded posts, but as I read them again for all their words, content is quite utterly lacking. It boils down to calling iceninja (basically) condescending for nay saying all of use voting for Garmr, a half baked justification for lack of logic (look at my user title LOL), and 3 posts of teaching grandmothers to suck eggs on why his wonderous list will hand the scum the game.
and at the end there, again, asking someon else to do the leg work, instead of explaining to Ice WHY he has a vote on Garmr, he demands Ice tell him WHY he SHOULDN'T have a vote on Garmr. I'm not familiar with his play style, but it seems very lazy or deliberately nothingness. The placement of the vote bothers me most. If Slandaar is your biggest suspect why is your vote not on him? This going for anything for a bandwagon is a bad disease, several players seem to have it and it bugs me. My vote is out now and it stays put for now, but I want to hear from Albert why he's voting for his second suspect when there is plenty of attention on his lead candidate.
Oh the huge manatee!!
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #223 (isolation #15) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:09 pm

Post by Macros »

LETS PULL UP THE SANDBAGS AND CHAT ABOUT THE FUCKING WAR!!

reading up
Oh the huge manatee!!
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #224 (isolation #16) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:34 pm

Post by Macros »

I can't even be arsed reading this up.

in my short read is ammounts to high fives and hand jobs over previous games.
Who gives a fuck. this one time I was a townie in the first ever game in mafiascum, guess what happen, some fucker shot me.

Right now, I'm looking at a creepy face that says he managed a full game with a ninja, thats right Albert, your face if fucking creepy, it automatically makes me think you are evil, you might want to look into that avatar. I havent finsihed reading, I cant be bother right now, I'll try again tomorrow
Oh the huge manatee!!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”