brundibar
brundibar
Goon
brundibar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:37 am

Post by brundibar »

Just trying to get discussion going. A lot of talking with no voting seems ineffective.
brundibar
brundibar
Goon
brundibar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:15 am

Post by brundibar »

As I've only completed one game on site (in which I was town), and it was over a year ago, I don't feel like I have much to contribute to that point. However, if anyone would like to read it: Newbie 1080.

I agree with Michel's point though that me taking the time to read through everyone's games isn't going to help much with this game.

@Pine You yourself were hesitant of posting old games, what makes Jee sound any more defensive than you did originally?
brundibar
brundibar
Goon
brundibar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #3) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:00 am

Post by brundibar »

Oops, forgot to take care of that.

In post 11, ICEninja wrote:Michael, I was referring to this post in the queue thread.

I actually dislike random votes so
unvote
, I mostly did it because I felt clever.
brundibar wrote:
Just trying to get discussion going. A lot of talking with no voting seems ineffective.

While I agree with this, explain to me how voting for someone based on their name generates discussion. I mean sure, if it was a random vote because of shits 'n giggles, great, that's fine. Lots of players enjoy doing that regardless of alignment and it's just for amusement.

Instead, you claim that your random vote had pro-town purpose (of trying to get discussion going). There are more helpful ways you could have voted (even randomly) than voting based on someone's name, so why would you try to claim pro-town credit for doing something that isn't pro-town at all?

This response just strikes me as something scum would be slightly more likely to say than town.
Vote brundibar
, semi serious vote.

Michel asked what I thought the goal of RVS was, and so I answered it was to get discussion going. With the third post in the thread, I don't really see what other important information I could have worked off to make anything other than a random vote. Were Aurorus and Ice's votes more effective than mine for some reason?
brundibar
brundibar
Goon
brundibar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #4) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:42 am

Post by brundibar »

In post 36, ICEninja wrote:Jee you are obviously confused. I did not vote him because he random voted someone based on their name. I voted him because he tried to look pro-town by claiming that his actions got discussion going. Town wants to get discussion going. Scum wants to look pro-town. By claiming he was trying to get discussion going, he's trying to look pro-town.

Get it now?

So whats your reasoning for the vote on me now?

I still don't understand how my vote is more suspicious than the two before me. I said that RVS gets discussion going because from my experience that's what it does. I don't see why you're still beating a dead horse.
brundibar
brundibar
Goon
brundibar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #5) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:10 am

Post by brundibar »

In addition to that,
Unvote

VOTE: ICEninja

Because you can't seem to focus on anything else
brundibar
brundibar
Goon
brundibar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #6) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:19 am

Post by brundibar »

In post 51, pieceofpecanpie wrote:
AurorusVox wrote:Well Pecan, I've brought your ridiculous vote to the attention of the game.

Why do you still have your RVS placed?

I'm keeping the vote where it is for now, or do you want it on yourself?

I'm curious as to why you didn't give any reasons for leaving your vote. Are you just trying to prove a point to Aurorus? Or is there actually some substance here?
brundibar
brundibar
Goon
brundibar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:56 am

Post by brundibar »

In post 77, ICEninja wrote:
jee wrote:
- He voted someone
- He said he did this to help create discussion
- You accused him that since he is voting based on a name, that his intentions were not to create discussion.

I give up. Vote me if you want, but you still really have zero reasons for actually accusing me of scum. Sure you have a "reason" (if still confused) for voting me, but it doesn't even point to me being scum.

Alright, I've moved on from this Ice thing. It was what it was but I really don't think it's helping us anymore to keep badgering him about it.

Unvote

VOTE: Pine

Whatever you're doing right now, it's not helping town. Hold onto your reasons as long as you want, but if you're not going to say anything, it's not benefiting anyone.
brundibar
brundibar
Goon
brundibar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:20 am

Post by brundibar »

In post 81, Pine wrote:
Congratulations!

Reaction test failed.

This is why I withheld my reasons - I had none. My observations of 1080 (I had a real-life friend playing in the game, so I read it as it was happening) suggest to me that Brundibar is not that twitchy or reactive when playing Town. His earlier bad reaction to suspicion piqued my interest, so I set this up to see how he'd react to being voted sans explanation. OMGUS and opportunity out of someone who appears to normally not do so = scum.

First of all, 1080 was over a year ago. I don't think you can predict my playing style from my first and only game on-site. If you had a larger sample size and I had more games online, this might be a useful test. Secondly, a lot of other stuff happened since you first voted me with no reason. I had plenty of time to vote you then, but wanted to see if you'd actually end up contributing anything useful. My vote wasn't an OMGUS, it was a "whatever he's doing, it's not helping the town" reaction. This seems like an elaborate explanation of something that doesn't really make sense.
brundibar
brundibar
Goon
brundibar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:33 pm

Post by brundibar »

In post 49, AurorusVox wrote:Well Pecan, I've brought your ridiculous vote to the attention of the game.

I'm also curious as to why there hasn't been any real follow-up with this.
brundibar
brundibar
Goon
brundibar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #10) » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:23 am

Post by brundibar »

In post 113, pieceofpecanpie wrote:
In post 106, brundibar wrote:
In post 49, AurorusVox wrote:Well Pecan, I've brought your ridiculous vote to the attention of the game.

I'm also curious as to why there hasn't been any real follow-up with this.

Are you addressing me or Aurorus here?

You've seen my #103 right?

So it's just to drive Aurorus crazy?
brundibar
brundibar
Goon
brundibar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #11) » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:37 am

Post by brundibar »

In post 127, ac1983fan wrote:In post 119, ICEninja wrote:
Most notably, I looked deeper at pecan and found some weird stuff in there. For example, it was noted that he made an RVS vote after serious discussion had began.

No... He made an RVS vote as the third post in the game.

I believe that was referring to this:

In post 17, pieceofpecanpie wrote:

Also, VOTE: quidagismedice because I have no idea how to read that name or pronounce it.
brundibar
brundibar
Goon
brundibar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #12) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:01 am

Post by brundibar »

Unvote
Vote: Pecan
brundibar
brundibar
Goon
brundibar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #13) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:46 am

Post by brundibar »

In post 163, pieceofpecanpie wrote:Hmmm, reading through your #152 ICE I see semantics over wording, but nothing that really spells out reasons for your vote.

Semantics is important. It can reveal more than you think.
brundibar
brundibar
Goon
brundibar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #14) » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:27 am

Post by brundibar »

@PoPP I suppose semantics aren't *hugely* important, but I'm just always careful about how people word things.

This has definitely been some interesting activity, and I apologize for not being as active. All the good stuff seems to happen when I'm asleep. Will post more after seeing if a CC comes.
brundibar
brundibar
Goon
brundibar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #15) » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:08 am

Post by brundibar »

Arugula wrote:Why not? I don't want someone to say "Oh, I don't believe his claim. Hammer." That happened to me as a doctor before. Also, asking for a counterclaim is not scummy. If someone CC's, we lynch Pine. If Pine turns out tracker, we lynch the person who CC'd. It's a win-win for catching at least one scum.

We don't know that there's only one tracker though. If someonelse claimed tracker, there could just be two.
brundibar
brundibar
Goon
brundibar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (isolation #16) » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:24 am

Post by brundibar »

Arugula wrote:The chances of there being two trackers are very unlikely in a game this small. I would rather lynch a CC'd tracker even with the possibility of there being two trackers.

nahmen wrote:Pre-emptive defense against a counter claim? Well hello there. On the one hand, this suggests to me a Pine/brundi scumteam. On the other, brundi was the target of Pine terribad "reaction test", which would seem to counter that. Curiouser and curiouser.

I haven't played enough games to know if this was a possibility. It appears from discussion after my posts though that it's unlikely. So I take back my thoughts on waiting for a CC.
brundibar
brundibar
Goon
brundibar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (isolation #17) » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:58 pm

Post by brundibar »

In post 221, Arugula wrote:You don't think any more discussion is needed? Your scumreads on me are that strong that you would be willing to lynch me to stop discussion? The more players talk, the more of a possibility there is for scum to slip. The only players that benefit from a quicker lynch are scum.

VOTE: MichelSableheart

I think that, in the scenario Ice put forth, and he was already at L-1, Michel's reasons to hammer aren't invalid. If enough other people thought you (Arugula) were scum, I don't see any reason to believe Michel's decision to hammer would be scummy.
brundibar
brundibar
Goon
brundibar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #18) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:18 am

Post by brundibar »

@Mod: V/LA through Sunday 6/17. Sorry folks, small family emergency and lots of work issues just came up. Should have everything sorted out by the weekend.

V/LA noted. Thanks for the warning and I hope things get better.
brundibar
brundibar
Goon
brundibar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (isolation #19) » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:15 am

Post by brundibar »

Pine wrote:Respond to what? You made an interpretive statement, not a question.
Tracker is a weak PR, and a common scum fakeclaim.
Add in the fact that were people rabid enough to keep pushing despite the claim (and they did,) I had no assurances of survival. Even claiming full Cop or Doc isn't a guarantee of survival, and you damn well know it. You're a far better player than the bullshit things you've been pulling the last couple of pages, that quote included.

This really bugs for me some reason. It's ballsy to state that the role you claimed is a common scum fakeclaim, and he could be trying to gain towncred by saying that, but if that's the case, it's a great decoy. It's just really rubbing me the wrong way.

I did really find it strange however that at L-1 all arugula has done is post scum tells and not really done anything to defend himself.

VOTE: Arugula
brundibar
brundibar
Goon
brundibar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (isolation #20) » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:16 am

Post by brundibar »

EBWOP:

unvote

VOTE: Arugula
brundibar
brundibar
Goon
brundibar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (isolation #21) » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:36 am

Post by brundibar »

Oh Dammit. I thought AV had unvoted on Arugula, this wasn't meant to be the hammer.
brundibar
brundibar
Goon
brundibar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (isolation #22) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:46 pm

Post by brundibar »

Possible tracker pine not killed night 1? Interesting.
brundibar
brundibar
Goon
brundibar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (isolation #23) » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:04 pm

Post by brundibar »

I thought my vote was on Pine. I'm not completely sure I want to hammer so quickly though.
brundibar
brundibar
Goon
brundibar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (isolation #24) » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:43 pm

Post by brundibar »

I wanted to see a little more discourse before hammering, but I think I've seen enough good posts so far.

VOTE: Pine
brundibar
brundibar
Goon
brundibar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (isolation #25) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:47 am

Post by brundibar »

Something about the tone in this post really bugs me:

In post 233, Pine wrote:Not liking Alduskkel's cheerleading of the Arugula wagon but not voting for it. Reminds me of the passing doubts I had earlier.

This was also the only comment he made about Alduskell literally the entire game before voting him day 2. I know it's not much to base a decision off, but it just seems like not commenting on anyone literally an entire day besides one post about them for good measure, and then voting them day 2 with no momentum seems like a conservative way to scum team.

VOTE: Alduskell
brundibar
brundibar
Goon
brundibar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (isolation #26) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:48 am

Post by brundibar »

PoPP: I don't see how Pine's reaction test is somehow setting me up as scum.
brundibar
brundibar
Goon
brundibar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (isolation #27) » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:43 am

Post by brundibar »

Gah, sorry about going missing. Family things came up last minute. Good post by tonight.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”