EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (isolation #0) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:06 am

Post by EdFrost »

/confirm that I'm replacing angelmouse and that I have read my role PM.

I'll read the thread and get back to you guys.

~ F
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (isolation #1) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:13 am

Post by EdFrost »

cruelty wrote:
EdFrost wrote:I have read my role PM
(relief)
I suppose this is due to quagmire not reading his role PM? Don't worry, I won't do stuff resembling that.

Hopefully.

~ F
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (isolation #2) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:51 am

Post by EdFrost »

Hey Hoopla,

Happy Birthday and where's the best case against RedCoyote to check it?
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (isolation #3) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:21 am

Post by EdFrost »

That's not much of a case.

Hoopla, why do you feel RC is scummy?
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (isolation #4) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:42 am

Post by EdFrost »

Ok, why the hell has nobody asked this yet?

@Tracker: Who did you investigate last night and why?
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (isolation #5) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:55 pm

Post by EdFrost »

Yeah yeah, the first skim through is complete; there's just a couple things that I wanna read again (more focused on recent events) so it'll be a little longer.

Shouldn't take more than a day I'm expecting.

Also, how did we find out that Vi reviewed the setup (if at all); as if that's true that can tell us quite a bit about the game itself.

I also remember that this is our mods first game (welcome to mod-hood) as well, and so far you look to be doing a pretty good job of it :).
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (isolation #6) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by EdFrost »

AGar - So if another kill shows up we shouldn't know who *isn't* an SK?
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (isolation #7) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:08 pm

Post by EdFrost »

And why'd you choose Mindgamer?
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (isolation #8) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:23 pm

Post by EdFrost »

And how do you feel that (not an SK) affected your start of day process?
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (isolation #9) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by EdFrost »

I recently saw a game where there were two scum teams and there wasn't a single night that went by that didn't have a doubled up kill. That doesn't fly with me, I explore all possibilities.

Also, this line of questioning gets an insight into a fellow player's mind and thought process which can (and is) helpful. So bugger off for a bit and question something else.
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (isolation #10) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:01 pm

Post by EdFrost »

The Tracker wrote:
It didn't. I started the day the same way I start all day phases.
And how do you start all day phases?

Why do you have a consistent 'starting day phases' plan?

I would also like to point out that you didn't respond to RC when he asked you
why you didn't bring up who you investigated

Do so now, please.

~ F
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (isolation #11) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:59 am

Post by EdFrost »

The Tracker wrote:I read your posts, bro. And that last part where I explain one of my rules is just a rule I play by. That explains why I don't vote so much right off the bat.

I don't have anything of much import to say on either you or cruelty as of now.
I'm more concerned with Mindgamer being presented with the necktie at this point in time.
I would also like to ask why you are so
eager
for the lynch to happen soon. There's nothing wrong with wanting a lynch, but you saying that it's your
main concern
and not really giving much input elsewhere gives me bad feelings.

There's still things to be discussed and analyzed, ranging from people determining what they think about this player slot with the replacing in to the defenses/cases put forth that are still going on.

Mindgamer may be the favorite to lynch (I agree that mindgamer is scummy), but that shouldn't maintain sole focus when there are other things to consider as well.

~ F
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (isolation #12) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:11 am

Post by EdFrost »

EdFrost wrote:
The Tracker wrote:
It didn't. I started the day the same way I start all day phases.
And how do you start all day phases?

Why do you have a consistent 'starting day phases' plan?

I would also like to point out that you didn't respond to RC when he asked you
why you didn't bring up who you investigated

Do so now, please.

~ F
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (isolation #13) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by EdFrost »

Since mindgamer has been scummy from the get go (offering up an unneeded defense of tracker) throughout the midgame (believing a claim due to "rareness") and currently (voting a "believed" *power role* at the beginning of the day, discouraging setup speculation and the amazing Wall of no Analysis (tm) vote count), I believe that we have our lynch for today.

Unvote
Vote: Mindgamer
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (isolation #14) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by EdFrost »

I would also like to point out that Mindgamer is at L-1

This is to ensure no "accidental" hammers... :roll:

~ F
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (isolation #15) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:49 pm

Post by EdFrost »

Well, Tracker was questioned, nothing mindgamer says anymore will really matter, watching what hoopla and Red have to say to each other, and not especially pleased with the fact that other people aren't chiming in as much to question them.

What do you think of Hoopla vs. Red?
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (isolation #16) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:45 am

Post by EdFrost »

Hoopla wrote:If you flip scum I look like a genius, and if you flip town, well I hope the town can see sincerity in my attacks.
I don't understand this line as fully as I would like to. Specifically the first part of it, where you'll look like a genius if RC flips scum.

That implies to me that you think he's subliminally scummy; but there's not really much there that says he's scummy at all. It's like a twist on a too-townie; but not exactly.

The way I read the game right now is that I think you {Hoopla} are jumping at shadows and I think that your investigation would be better served elsewhere.

Yes, defending Quagmire would be an easy way to gain town cred after the flip. However, attacking him for a playstyle is an easy cover for scum too. Why focus on one more than the other? Wouldn't the people who did lynch him receive more blame for actually lynching him and whiting out the town with arguments about something non-game related be scummier than somebody who saw what was happening?
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (isolation #17) » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by EdFrost »

I was interested in Hoopla's responding as I side more with RC in their debate. That's important as well as my own questioning. What's your point?

Finally, to the question: Quag DIDN'T turn scum, he turned town. That's the point. He was a townie and his playstyle made it easy for anybody on the wagon to be "justified" in their vote. However, Hoopla is criticizing somebody off the wagon who was rather strong in his stance that Quag was not the correct lynch for the day. Therefore your point about "everyone who did nothing to stop the Quag lynch" is pointless as well.

Fail attempt at trying to tie yourself to me. Unless the rest of you talkative *cough cough* people have anything else to say, can we just lynch him now?
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (isolation #18) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:23 am

Post by EdFrost »

First off I wanna say that this is an account with a lot of experience behind it; some of which was with some of the players in this game.

Faraday, I conditionally agree with hito; as I don't agree with some of your reads on players (cruel and RC respectively). RC is an experienced player. One of the higher order "tactics" is .. sensing, so to speak, the feel of the town, which I fully believe RC was using during D1 in regards to the Quagmire wagon.

I got that when I read through the game as well that I'm relatively comfortable saying that the Quag wagon was put up through iffy reasons and that's more likely to come from scum. If I had to make a guess; I'd say that there's 2 scum on the wagon. I've played with Zwet, Killa7, EMPking and MafiaSSK; some of the worst lurkers/worst playstyles on the site. I can't recall a single time that any of them got policy lynched. To have him be the constant focus of the town (many of which were/are inexperienced, and therefore likely to follow a scum's lead) is highly suspect and I believe RC was right to question the motives and attack those that were pushing for the lynch to help determine who were the sheeple and who were the scum.

I see the case against RC to be a bunch of WIFOM. It's easily as likely that he's a town that would keep somebody that was committed to posting around for another day while hunting for something legitimately scummy rather than a playstyle. It seems to me that you're doing the same thing that RC did (WRT: Quag) without considering that he (RC) could have town motives behind what he did; Especially after he's had to deal with Mastin a couple times and his playstyle is much worse than not looking at a role-pm.

For a secondary suspect: both Hoopla and cruelty have caught my eye. AGar is an odd case as I go back and forth on him a fair amount; which is worrisome to me.

To everybody: I remember somebody saying that Vi helped balance/design the game. Is this true?
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (isolation #19) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:46 am

Post by EdFrost »

Hoopla, I know at least I have experience with you. Though at this point it's just name recognition rather than remember which game or what you did in it. Not sure about the other head.

And not *that* kind of experience (your smiley...)

Faraday: Yes, I believe that RC sensed that it was mostly a scum push against Quag and didn't want to be part of it. I've avoided several (town) wagons by disagreeing solely with the people voting for the person. If there's a lot of sheeple or scumreads I don't vote for that person. Period.

For day 1, you can't tell me that Quag (1 person) took up less than like 50% (or more) of the conversation. In that regard, 11 people took up the other "50%" and if you average that out it's basically saying that nobody really discussed anybody but Quag seriously. Though I did dismiss Tracker a bit in my mind; then the two of them (quag/tracker) were even more of a topic about the town.

I agree with hito that I don't completely understand your (Fara) scumlist. I agree with RC that Quag's wagon looked extremely scum driven and I wouldn't have joined it either.

Gotta run for now, be back to respond to posts after i get back
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (isolation #20) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:16 pm

Post by EdFrost »

Hoopla, you've modded a game with me in it. I've also been in games with AGar, The Tracker, RC, Cyberbob (ongoing, I think), faraday (mod abandoned and ongoings, I think), cruelty (replaced out of that game, though), col. cathart, flareonage and maybe hito, don't remember on that.

Mindgamer, if I'm the
only
genuine voter, then what are your reasons for voting me? Obv, it's no based off of the wagon on you, so you'll have to explain quite well what your reasoning for finding me scummy is.

As it is, your reasoning against me is the change in playstyle.

Guess what? If you read the thread well enough, you'd get an explanation of that quite easily. It's a very flimsy reason to be voting me, anyway.

Faraday calling me his #2 suspect without giving any real reasoning is, in of itself, suspect. Faraday, reasoning is tech.

~ F
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (isolation #21) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:47 pm

Post by EdFrost »

Faraday wrote:RAWR so is reading.
I meant points against
me
specifically or if you find my entire play to be a bunch of null tells and are basing your case purely upon AM's play.

~ F
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (isolation #22) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:59 am

Post by EdFrost »

Faraday wrote: You seem to be implying this is a bad thing, but yeah sure I can go with the above to summarise it. Angelmouse was scummy and you've done nothing to change my mind.
I wasn't implying a damned thing. I just wanted to know what the entirety of your case was based upon (only angel's play or based off of scumtells in my play that I can refute, etc, etc, etc). It's more asking for clarification of your case than saying you are scummy for finding me scummy due to my predecessor's play. Don't mix it up.

~ F
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (isolation #23) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:47 am

Post by EdFrost »

Trying again: How about you summarize all your "Ed's *slot* is scummy" points. You could even like separate them into categories and stuff so we know what you think is scummy of both angel and I. Perhaps even decorate your post with the post numbers that all this scumminess happened; maybe line it with a couple quotes. It'll make it look pro and make you look like less of a lazy bum for saying we're scummy without actually saying why.
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (isolation #24) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:48 am

Post by EdFrost »

EBWOP: And by "a lazy bum" I mean "like scum".
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (isolation #25) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:45 am

Post by EdFrost »

Hey Faraday: My partner was writing the ~F posts and *I* understood what he meant.

The "me" is my player slot. It doesn't change from player to player. What Angel is I am. So how about you bring a case against "me" (BOTH angel and I) if you wanna push it. You've said that angel was scummy. You didn't bring up any points as to why angel was scummy so I could refute them if you had bothered to bring them up. You've said I didn't change your opinion one way or another; no reason as to why.

Reading *IS* tech because you're not actually reading what I'm writing. You haven't posted a damn thing against us until you said that you thought that angel was scummy. You haven't backed that up with anything substantial, and you sure as hell haven't backed up your position of the EdFrost portion of the "I think he's scum" opinion. So instead of just making our words mean what you want, I'm glad that you're finally getting the point and can put something down that other people can actually weigh in on and consider. Lord knows you haven't been *really* focused on anybody but RC since you came into the game.

tl; dr version: You've done jack all to say *why* either AM or I am scummy. Saying we are without backing it up *is* scummy as it allows you to say whatever the hell you want to say about us later. Now like 2 RL days later you are finally getting the point now that we've closed in on a deadline again.
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (isolation #26) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:35 am

Post by EdFrost »

Faraday: I'm actually kinda glad you brought up Angel's "joke defense" thing.

You know why? It's cause you're getting a totally different read on two very similar situations. Wanna know the other situation? Here it is:
Mindgamer wrote:First impressions are very important. Surely The Tracker would be careful not to make such a stupid mistake in his first post. It's a joke, pay attention to behaviour that is worth discussing.
That was post 38.
angelmouse wrote:
Col.Cathart wrote:We have one?

In addition, Tracker seems to be convinced Hito lynch will be a mislynch actually, and I'm curious why he thinks that.
surely it was a joke. We're only on page two, game barely started and with 12 players it's hardly a lynch situation.

Jumping the gun a bit and voting on it?? Strange play

fos, cot.cathartic
Was post 33.

Did you not bother to read another 5 posts down the page? Or was angel's FoS an actual act that took a stand rather than mindgamer not looking for motives behind jumping at shadows that made "me" scummy?

Perhaps you don't take stock in the fact that both Cyber and RC noticed a difference (posts 40 and 43, respectively) and questioned Mindgamer more over something that similar? It obviously was brought to attention a couple times on the same page;
why are you ignoring or coming to a different conclusion about both mindgamer and I when we both had a similar reaction in your eyes, and we had it first?
If it was scummy for us, then mindgamer should be scummy as well from your perspective. Nope, mind is one of your top town reads and we're a top suspect.
Faraday wrote:'I wasn't defending tracker' isn't really true. Not that she's lying, but by attacking the attack I think she is defending tracker.
Chainsaw defense without a dead mafia isn't a chainsaw defense. If you're gonna bring up wiki tells, at least make sure they're accurate and apply to the situation. Thanks.
Faraday wrote:Then she gives her reads on several players. She has quite a few neutral reads and then a couple of leaning either way but she's unsure of. All in all it's pretty bad I think. She does provide some substanital reasoning for voting the tracker at the end, so it's not like she's incapable of doing it (providing content on players) either.
I'm glad that providing reasoning when voting is... null? in your opinion? I really don't get this part either. I still have neutral reads on player slots; and you're gonna criticize somebody over the same thing a couple pages into the game? OKAY.

Moving on to me: A scumtell (by my definition) is something that scum have a higher likelyhood of doing than town. There are varying degrees of how strong a scumtell is; but in my experience if the scum need to get rid of somebody they have two ways of doing it: killing and lynching. If you have too many targets that you want to kill, you obviously need to lynch said person. As town generally wants to keep their PR's alive (as they can get more information than plain vanillas), they usually don't vote them. Scum, however, do want to get rid of the PR's. Therefore, they try to get said PR lynched so they can't be implicated with information from a power role.

Obviously there's some WIFOM going there as you have to take into account scumminess of the person, if their claim is believable, stuff like that but there's more scum motivation as they obviously believe the PR since there's no reason for a townie to lie about the PR.

I also already covered what I wanted to discuss with the rest of the game. We both had Mindgamer as our top suspect; for several of the same reasons. My partner had some experience with Tracker so he wanted to talk to him to help focus on the game and gauge his discussion in person. I was willing to vote for Mindgamer right away but I was waiting for him to catch up and solidify his reads and who he wanted to question. So he talked to Tracker a bit and then I voted for who we both concurred to be most likely to be scum.

However:
Faraday wrote: Anyway as I said most of the scumminess comes from the first player, angelmouse, the
only thing there is I don't like about Edfrost is the mindgamer vote after saying there was a lot more to dicuss. Everything else is pretty much null, reading him in Iso didn't really change that. I see him and redcoyote as having a good chance of sharing a scum alignment too.

Idk if this is a incoherent babble or not, but to me it makes me think Edfrost is a good lynch. Certainly very confused by anyone calling him town in any way shape or form.
He's da scum
I adore the fact that you're advocating lynching a *null* read because he (I) has (have) a chance at being a partner to somebody that you think is suspicious.

Congratulations! You just shot what little credibility you had with me all to hell.

Finally, it's not my issue that you can't (or don't want to) get a read on me. If you do, ask me questions instead of calling me scum for unknown reasons until today.

One last thing I want to mention. I hate how mindgamer finally switched up his play when he was pressed for a claim. If he was vanilla, why didn't he play this way throughout the game? It obviously would've been better for the town, might've lead to a better lynch than Quag day 1 because of poking and prodding. However; he wasn't tenacious or this well articulated until he knew what meta he had to play to today. I think he was trying to keep his options open with his meta until he realized that he didn't have anything set up to fake-claim. No breadcrumbs, nothing. Now that he was forced into claiming vanilla he's suddenly helpful? Sorry if I'm skeptical that you change your playstyle in the middle of the day cause you had to claim.

Ugh, I hate walls.
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (isolation #27) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:42 pm

Post by EdFrost »

Well, because I don't really have much time or energy to deal with posting real content, here's a filler post that says who make up this hydra.

RayFrost

Amished

All of the ~ F posts are by RayFrost. All outside of those are by Amished. Amished is the designated voter of our pairing.

When I have time/energy to make a content post, I'll do so.

Ta-ta.

~ F
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (isolation #28) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:47 pm

Post by EdFrost »

@cruelty: You mean like how I'm not just posting for myself? I have to somewhat have a check to make sure our suspicions are both aligning, we're both saying what we want to say without spamming the shit outta the thread and making it less obvious when people are lurking? Congrats on trying to imply something with a one way meta tell.

@Faraday: You're giving some obvious mixed signals, but keep going if you think you're clear like that.

There's "only one reason that you're voting me"; so what's the rest of it? Fluff? I've pointed out what either should be a null-tell or influence your position on me towards town or mindgamer towards scum.

Also, you're not actually voting for me. (You had me thinking I was out of my mind, but apparently I was right). You've only voted for RC in your ISO 2; and never unvoted nor voted anybody else. (I know, I did a find-search through your ISO for the word "vote" and nothing bold except for the RC vote showed up).

Also, since you've stated that I've basically been null/done nothing to change a read on a previous player, let's do a similar search for angel, mouse, or angelmouse or just AM to find what you thought was so scummy about ..her?
Faraday wrote:I’d say my second suspect is Angelmouse.

The whole Joke thing, and jumping in at the defense. It’s bad play to interrupt like that and it’s also quite scummy I find. Let people answer questions asked of them.

Says she tends to vote for the person she sees as scummiest yet only fos’d cathart. This was actually in explanation to her FOS too which is odd. The ‘OH TOO EARLY’ stuff

Her iso 3 is sorta hypocritical. Asks if quag has anything else to say when, wait for it..’I have little or nothing to say since my last post though’

Her 6th post of the game and ‘catch up’ is FULL OF CREAMY GOODNESS. And by creamy I mean scummeh. She’s basically ot neutral reads on welp everyone. Has a couple of maybe/maybe nots and one scummy-ish read who she votes for.
Add to that general lurkiness and not providing a lot and I think she’s a good lynch candidate also.
This is it.

The Joke thing apparently is a big deal; but it doesn't apply to mindgamer; even though we did it first and he copied us? Ok....

A FoS is scummy on page 2. I don't know about you but angel was rather newbie, and read like it. She had 230 (about) posts in the almost 2 years that she's been here. So since you're adjusting for general playstyle
Faraday wrote:The Mindgamer wagon doesn't really interest me. I agree his play has been quite odd but. Being defensive is not a scum tell.
that should be taken into consideration.

Having neutral reads isn't scummy; at least if you're not scum, right? You said you have neutral reads so why is it, exactly, that makes angel's neutral reads scummy and not yours?

Obviously the lurking is now taken care of; so.. what's the real reason behind all of this? You're obviously not being clear as you think you're voting for somebody that you're not. There's no "one reason that (you're) voting for (me)" if you're not voting for me in the first place.

@Mindgamer: I know exactly why opinion changed on you; but my point was that the radical playstyle difference timing was rather opportunistic from my perspective. Obviously it's unfortunate if you're town; but from my experience it's not hard to juggle two games. I'm in... 4? right now and I've been prodded once in all of them (and I was just killed in a 5th that I was dealing with as well.

For the claim part: I know what it's like from a scum perspective. You go through fake-claims and look at why a certain one would work and why it wouldn't. If you're not playing like you would as a .. doc, let's say, since Quag is dead. Maybe you don't have a logical explanation for who you protected from night to night that wouldn't get torn to shreds, perhaps you are a breadcrumber and didn't breadcrumb. The only person stopping a fake-claim is yourself; for whatever reasons.

On a somewhat related note: I'd like to point you to a game that Vi had recently modded that I was in (link to come in an EBWOP): It was a mini-theme, with a miller, but without a cop...

Oh shit a brick...

Who's interested in a faraday lynch?
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (isolation #29) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:53 pm

Post by EdFrost »

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11680 is the link from Vi's other game that I referenced.

I just had an epiphany, I will tell you all tomorrow night or when *everyone* posts their exact opinion on Faraday. If it's just scum or town, that's fine, I don't expect to make a full case one way or another supporting your read.
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (isolation #30) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:10 pm

Post by EdFrost »

@ RC...

A hydra is an account where one or more individuals know the password and operate under that name.

The players discuss their reads, etc, so it's basically like having masons for a player slot, I guess.

In this case, both amished and myself know the password to the EdFrost account, and we both operate in its games. Amished is the designated voter in that I won't be doing any votes or unvotes for us.

Basically, Amished and RayFrost = people that fill this player slot using one account.

Is that clear?

In a separate post, you will be able to view me suddenly dropping a five ton weight upon cruelty's head. Or, depending upon how I feel, it may be a feather weight. We will see.

~ F
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (isolation #31) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:22 pm

Post by EdFrost »

cruelty wrote:ah, amished.

last game i played with amished he went mental, posting a LOT. this is a big departure.
Hahahaha.

Not only are you trying to meta somebody off of
one
game, but you are not even considering the circumstances that differ between the situations.

Mindless Meta (tm) only takes you so far before you screw up. (as in, it takes you about one baby step forward)

I doubt you are dumb enough to think otherwise, so, giving you a bit of respect here: I'm going to assume that you were deliberately trying to rub sludge upon the player slot based off of completely lacking and poor reasoning rather than assume that you were being stupid.

Following through with this, town wouldn't be trying to deliberately make another player seem scummy based off of crap reasoning, as it goes against making real cases, etc, etc, etc.

So you have lost 15% of your grade in the class.

Now, for your next assignment, tell me the top two/three who you think are most likely to be scum with 5 points each. This assignment is worth 50% of your course grade, and I will dock points for lack of originality and honest analysis.

You have one day to finish this assignment. Failure to do so will, of course, earn you a 0.

~ F
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (isolation #32) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:32 am

Post by EdFrost »

cruelty wrote:giving me a bit of respect? followed quickly by your condescending teacher routine? that's cool.
Well, it's nice to see that you aren't actually going to take a stance and say who your top three scum reads are with reasons.

~ F
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (isolation #33) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:11 am

Post by EdFrost »

Hoopla, cruelty: thoughts on faraday?
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (isolation #34) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:39 am

Post by EdFrost »

ell oh ell, reasoning is tech, mindgamer.

cruelty, who are your top three scum reads and why?

~ F
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (isolation #35) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:09 pm

Post by EdFrost »

Ok, this is me {Amished} explaining my Faraday thing. Unfortunately I don't think a wagon will take off on him this close to the deadline so it's something that I want out there for posterity's sake.

If you follow Vi's modding practices, game reviews (which Vi does a lot of) or mafia discussion posts; you'll know that Vi takes the position that Cop/Doc combos are broken.

I don't know why this didn't register but I attribute *major* differences in reads as either scummy or a power role of some sort. Such as Faraday's stance that cruelty was townie for Faraday and one of the top three suspects for both Ray and I. I initially assumed that he was a cop with an innocent on cruel OR a guilty on RedCoyote. Either way, I pegged him for a cop with a result. Then with his stance on me vs. mindgamer; a cop would have more sense than that as they're pro-town and townies are generally consistent in their stances.

Now, go back to my first point about Vi reviewing the setup. She's a fan of having millers without cops (game I linked to). There's a doc DEAD already (rest Quag's soul). However, the twist comes in when it's a CPR doc (kills if the person isn't targeted in the night) that had been lynched. Now, there's three ways a CPR doc can play, using their killing power like a vig, using it as a risky regular doc, or not acting and waiting for a legit power role to show up and claim to protect them that night. In two of these situations; it would give something the FBI agent to be paranoid about (two kills on pro-town people (for the risky protect), a kill on a pro-town and an anti-town (vig-like)).

Of course with a doc dead and only 1 kill, it's highly likely that there isn't an SK, but it's that layer of complexity that Vi does like in her games. So because Vi reviewed, I pretty much 100% believe that the miller and FBI agent claim are both true.

Also, with the doc dead (and a tracker); with Vi's "meta" of thinking that the cop/doc combo have broken the game of mafia, Faraday can't be the cop (as I had originally thought) because there won't *be* a cop. His dualism is just scum behavior; and I believe that his weird cruelty-town read is him trying to cover for a buddy.

As I and Ray both believe cruel to be scum for some similar and some differing opinions:

Unvote
Vote: cruelty

This is the best place for our vote today, especially concerning our reads on the players voting for cruelty at this time.
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (isolation #36) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:43 am

Post by EdFrost »

@ Faraday...

currently find cruelty to be scummy (though the setup thing is really amished's stance more than mine) along with yourself and AGar (only slight scum read on AGar)
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (isolation #37) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:44 am

Post by EdFrost »

EBWOP- the above post should include a ~ F

~ F
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (isolation #38) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by EdFrost »

Mindgamer wrote: Excuse me, what does tech mean?

I will be online for about six hours from now. Then I'll go to sleep, and I'll wake up one and a half hour before deadline.
Useful/important/ necessary for your vote on me to even be something that is worth noticing.

~ F
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (isolation #39) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:21 pm

Post by EdFrost »

Unvote
Vote: Mindgamer

Least preferred out of the preferred lynches... We'll see I guess.
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (isolation #40) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:52 am

Post by EdFrost »

Popcorn? Nobody is cleared at this point. I think we're comfortable nom'ing Faraday or cruelty to go first.
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (isolation #41) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:18 am

Post by EdFrost »

The first person claims and then they choose who they want to claim afterwards. Then all they have control over is the person behind them.

I don't care where we go, particularly. The more *I* think about it, the more I would want cruelty to go first, with hito's request of cruelty's thoughts before a claiming time.
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (isolation #42) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:32 am

Post by EdFrost »

We're a firefighter. Each night we can protect somebody from being targeted by an Arsonist if there's one in the game. Basically an Arsonist doctor. My thoughts on an SK being in the game similarly align to my thoughts of an SK being in the game.

First night our predecessor targeted mindgamer (no idea why) and last night we protected hoopla as we thought that AGar had a decent shot of being a third party if there even was one. Since we couldn't protect ourselves, we went after somebody that we felt would be around a while and therefore a threat; especially if she turned her tunneling on whoever a third party was even if it wasn't AGar.

I want Faraday to claim next
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (isolation #43) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:33 am

Post by EdFrost »

EBWOP: One of the "SK"'s in the first para should turn into an Arsonist. Derp.
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (isolation #44) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:07 pm

Post by EdFrost »

wait, when did RC claim?

Am I blind or did he not actually claim?

~ F
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (isolation #45) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:27 am

Post by EdFrost »

I think RayFrost forgot about our QT so I'll just go.

Vote: Cruelty

There's nothing in these hito/RC posts that I really disagree with; and I especially think that hito's "view the game logically" comment is apt. If there's this much lining up on a full read of the game (instead of seeing one thing and disagreeing on the rest) with each of us "taking our turns" speaking our mind without being able to blatantly copy one or another.
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (isolation #46) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by EdFrost »

I'm reeeeeeaaaallyyyyy not liking that VT claim.

I'm willing to vote switch off of that, but Amished makes our votes, so yeah.

~ F
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (isolation #47) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:27 pm

Post by EdFrost »

Heh, RC threw me off, I lost track of who was who so I didn't register that a vanilla claim contradicted the FBI claim before.

Unvote
Vote: Snow White
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (isolation #48) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:41 am

Post by EdFrost »

Ok, so Hoopla, Faraday, cruelty: Do you really think that RC would lay that kind of trap as a scumbuddy? Will you finally move on with your tunneling (specifically cruelty)?
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (isolation #49) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:55 am

Post by EdFrost »

You don't know who would fall into it if it wasn't laid down.

It'd be easy as hell for RC to call for everyone who didn't claim to just claim if he were scum, and give a free pass to buddy tracker/snow. But RC put it there anyways to make sure of a read and look what we found.

Cruelty and then nm8 (followed closely by Fara) are my personal scumreads, but we'll have a night now to evaluate together since I know I've been busy and I think Ray has as well.

-Amished
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (isolation #50) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:29 am

Post by EdFrost »

Looks like we need a mod.

Snow White: If you're telling the truth (now) about really being an FBI agent, why the FUCK would you lie about it when it's obviously MyLo (mod confirmed) and we're massclaiming? The point of massclaiming is that people TELL THE TRUTH. There was no gambit to be had; obviously I claimed what I had so there's no point hiding (pseudo) power roles.

If you're town, I... don't know what I'm gonna do, but maybe I'll e-punch this game.
RAWR
EdFrost
EdFrost
Goon
EdFrost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (isolation #51) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:39 pm

Post by EdFrost »

Yeah, faraday was the only certian read.

hoopla was uncertain

hito was a town read

~ F (too lazy to get on with my actual account)
RAWR

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”