Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:27 pm

Post by Rishi »

## Vote: Nameless

No confirmation. Obvscum. (Probably not confirming to have more time talking with the scumbuddies pre-game.)
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #39 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by Rishi »

Stef wrote:
SpyreX wrote:I wish I was the informed majority. Insta-win
Hmm.. interesting statement...
So, what's interesting about it? I think it's more interesting that you said that than the statement itself, which was obviously meant as a joke. I'm not sure I like this, since you're casting suspicion on SpyreX without backing it up.

Also...

I really think "scum" should mean the "informed" minority. In this case, it's townscum, but scum all the same. Although it's cute to use the mod's flavor in this case, it's distracting. I think people will, by instinct, say something is "scummy" behavior, which will make it difficult to read people. If we jump on them, they have an easy way to backpedal and say, "Hey, sorry, I got my terms mixed up again." We should all agree on the terminology. It's more important than you think if we want to put any faith in people's posts and suspicions.

Regarding the Yankees - I think it's interesting that certain people keep bringing it up. A lack of discussion often helps scum (in this case, townscum) and I think that sometimes it's helpful for scum to steer the discussion away from the main point. This doesn't set off major alarm bells, but it's something that might be useful. So I'll tuck it away for later. Also, rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for Microsoft. 'Nuff said.

Finally, those of you without avatars should get them. Thanks.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #58 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:22 am

Post by Rishi »

Nameless wrote: a) Overly elaborating on a joke statement and reading into an ambiguous reply.
The reply was ambiguous, for sure. That's why I asked Stef to explain further. I know that SpyreX's original statement was a joke, but was Stef's response a joke? What do you think the purpose of Stef's statement was?
Nameless wrote: b) Readying yourself to jump on those enjoying the theme before any problems have been caused.
You had been pushing (before this post) yourself to hash out the terminology. There had already been discussion on this point. And I think it's a tad bit silly to wait until AFTER we have problems to work out a solution. I wasn't preparing to jump on anyone. I was merely speaking in hypothetical terms. For example, someone insists, "I think X is town." Then X is lynched and turns up Mafia (innocent in this game). We go back and say, "Hey, you said that X was town, but they're not." Then the person has an easy out: "Oh, sorry. I meant that I thought he was Mafia. I got my terms confused because of the flavor of this game." We should all make sure we are using the same terminology so it doesn't cause confusion later.
Nameless wrote: c) OOT discussion at the beginning of a game might be IMHO annoying, but you're reading too much into it and then baiting further replies with your last statement anyway.
Yes, I'll concede that this may have been a bit of a stretch. But it's early in the game and we have to look at little things in order to get the game moving. However, I don't like that DraketheFake has provided almost no content in this game, but still took the time to make an elaborate off topic post about the Yankees. I don't think Kmd was at fault - he recognized that he shouldn't have belabored the point.

## Unvote: Nameless

We're out of the random stage. My random vote coincidentally was on you. Even though you're attacking me, you seem genuinely interested in scumhunting at this point, and leaving my vote on you would be nothing more than OMGUS.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #59 (isolation #3) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:24 am

Post by Rishi »

charter wrote:I spelled out why I was voting Rishi, they were not because I think he's a townie.
charter wrote:
##unvote, ##vote Rishi

For the same reasons as Nameless's a and b.
And by spelling out, you mean that you know the first two letters of the alphabet. Good job coming up with your own reasons.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #92 (isolation #4) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:12 am

Post by Rishi »

SpyreX wrote:Alright, we need to stop this white noise about terms really quick.

We all know that switching the flavor of the "good guys" and "bad guys" is a twist, and it makes for more interesting flavor from the mod, but it should not affect the game at all. We are all bright enough to know that "There might be mafia on that wagon" is implying there might be scum.

Honestly, the fact so much of this start has focused on that (after the joking was done) is suspect.

I did, of course, make a mistake with my vote so I'll fix it now.

##Unvote: DraketheFake, ##Vote: Rishi

I still feel like Rishi was saying a lot of nothing and it really bothers me the "Don't do this" (does thing he says not to do). It creates a distraction, much like the talk about town/scum has been.
What I told people not to do was pretty obviously not related to the game AT ALL. Even if you don't feel it's relevant to discussion terminology, there's at least a few of us that feel that it is. In fact, I think you may have been the only one who has said that they find it distracting. Anyway, I think we're done discussing it, for the most part.

stormer - This game starts with day, so even if we had a cop, they wouldn't have a result yet. Also, this is a closed setup - we don't know what the mix of roles is.

Actually, stormer asked whether or not there was a cop, not "Who is the cop?" I think it could have been genuine newbie confusion. Though the flippant response doesn't really help him. Also, this isn't a newbie game, so we shouldn't necessarily forgive someone for a newbie response.

@Gurgi - I prefer the vote counts in their own posts, for a couple reasons. 1) The post that they get edited into often gets glossed over, especially if it's short. 2) When they are in their own post, it makes it easy to find all the vote counts, so you can see how wagons develop.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #126 (isolation #5) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:05 am

Post by Rishi »

Yikes, stormer is scaring me. But would scum really be this obvious?
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #155 (isolation #6) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:23 pm

Post by Rishi »

Hey... been really busy. Will catch up within 24 hours (and probably less than that).

By the way, charter, do you do anything except tag along on other people's opinions?
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #176 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by Rishi »

Okay. Back now. I apologize that I haven't been able to say much in this game yet. I find myself with a lot less time to play Mafia than I used to have. I still enjoy the game, but I have cut back to one game (this one) plus modding two. So, every once in a while I might check in with a 1-2 line post that doesn't add much. I see that it's not really productive in this game, so I'll try not to do that as much.

I don't really see anything specific to respond to. Just my wishy-washy stance on stormer. Well, I've seen the likes of stormer quite a few times before. Bad newbie player. What he's been doing so far is chasing a bad argument and he doesn't seem to know it's bad. But, honestly, I think it's a null-tell. I really could believe that he would say these things as town. Malyss makes a good point that stormer hasn't played in any games that started with night, but stormer has been a replacement in practically every game he played. In any case, I think the meta-read of stormer is interesting, for those of you who find metas useful. Ongoing games, so I can't say more.

Looking at it, I don't like the stormer wagon (though it seems to have dried up somewhat). He's an easy target. He's not likely to say anything useful in his defense. And nobody will see an attack on him as scummy on Day 2 because, well, everyone will be kind of happy to get rid of a bad player and blame the player himself rather than the scum that might have been driving the wagon.

So, I guess I'll throw out a couple people that I think we should be looking at (who haven't gotten enough attention, IMHO):

charter - Seriously, all he does is agree with other people. He posts fairly useless one-sentence posts and does not contribute. Sure, he has suspicions, but he almost hides behind someone else when he posts them. Seriously, folks, do an isolated read on charter. I doubt anyone will be impressed.

Malyss - Power lurking. I also don't like how she's pretty much used all her posts going after stormer. I think this is just a chance to go after an easy target.

Anyway, I'm not sure people had any other specific things to say against me that I haven't already responded to. What I meant by my last post is just that - stormer scares me, because he says dumb things and obviously scummy things. But to me, it's just indicative of overall poor play - not necessarily scummy play. I'd look at the stormer wagon, no matter what you think. If he's Mafia (majority), then scum are probably piling on because he's an easy target. If he's town (minority), he's probably being bussed.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #208 (isolation #8) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:45 am

Post by Rishi »

Umm. What just happened? I know I said that I would avoid 1-2 line posts, but I have absolutely no idea why melikefood was so eager to claim. Correct me if I missed something, but I don't think anyone asked him to claim - he just went and did it on his own, right?
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #236 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:56 am

Post by Rishi »

Yeah. I don't like melikefood, either. I have seen scum claim power roles out of nowhere on Day 1. I don't like how he's speculating on the night kill, either. Also, this is a little thing, but there's this:
melikefood wrote:Now get your votes off me so I can get NK'd.
melikefood wrote:"If I don't get lynched I'll probably get NK'd later, but probably not immediately... so I should get lynched and then whomever could try digging out scum from the bandwagon."
Okay... maybe this isn't a legitimate slip, but it sounds like melikefood had an, "Oh crap" moment after his first post when he realized that he wasn't going to get NKed (since he's townscum) and needed a way to explain it.

And, melikefood, if you're really innocent Mafia, you should actually be defending yourself and trying to AVOID the lynch. If you resign yourself to being lynched, then innocent Mafia is just as likely to jump on the bandwagon as townscum, and there's little info that can be gained from the lynch.

##Vote: melikefood
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #255 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by Rishi »

melikefood wrote:I don't think I directly stated anything negative about how I lurk too much...I thought we agreed that I did.

Anyway, I'm having fun here.

Don't kill Spyrex.
I'd lynch Rishi when I flip town.
I would guess that you didn't mean to say that. You probably meant to say that after a lynch, you'd pop up Mafia, not town. The fact that you don't have the terminology straight shows how little you care for this game. I'm going to say this one more time. If you're really innocent Mafia, MAKE AN EFFORT. Don't resign yourself to being lynched.

In any case, I never like statements like, "Lynch x when y flips Mafia/town." We lynch people and then figure things out fresh when he get the alignment information. If someone gets killed at night (likely), then we have even more info to work with. There's no reason to set up chain lynches.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #260 (isolation #11) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by Rishi »

Kmd4390 wrote:
Rishi wrote: I would guess that you didn't mean to say that. You probably meant to say that after a lynch, you'd pop up Mafia, not town. The fact that you don't have the terminology straight shows how little you care for this game.
We are out of the joke phase and you know what he meant...
There is no way he just claimed minority and you know it.
Please stop trying to confuse the....majority....
That's actually not what I meant. I know he claimed majority and I think everyone realizes that. What I meant was that the fact that he doesn't know the terminology in this game shows his complete apathy. My point is that he isn't even making an effort, which is anti-town behavior.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #280 (isolation #12) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:17 am

Post by Rishi »

Kmd4390 wrote:
camn wrote: In fact, saying that it is "anti-
town
" could be considered apathetic.

Attacking little details is
no
fun.
Good catch.
Rishi is attacking anti-town players.
He is going after players who hurt the town.
Hurting the town helps the mafia.
In this game, mafia is good.
Rishi must be townscum.

None of this was serious. I'm showing why you can't make arguements like these.
Okay, Kmd and camn have a totally valid point. I still will stick with my underlying point, though, that melikefood is acting apathetic, which is harmful to the innocent Mafia in this game. I just don't like, "Rishi is scummy. Lynch him." At least he should build a case that we can look at. Seriously, no one tomorrow is going to say, if food doesn't flip scum, "Well, food found Rishi suspicious. Therefore, Rishi must be scum." However, if food actually took the time to build a case, then I think it would hold weight.
SpyreX wrote:1.) Argument about the stupid terms in this setup versus what he obviously meant.
2.) The "HEY GUY MAKE MORE EFFORT" side of it - it looks real good when you're pressuring someone towards the end.
3.) Making the "lets have a clear board tomorrow" when the person who you are setting up for a kill, if town, has fingered you is suspicious.
1) Yes, you're right. I hear what everyone is saying. I was barking up the wrong tree there. I was trying to make a point about food's apathy, and I might have been stretching a bit.
2) You don't think food should be making more of an effort? Do you like the way he's playing?
3) I wasn't saying that we should have a clear board tomorrow. I just said that setting up chain lynches is bad, which is precisely what food was suggesting. I would expect to be held accountable for my Day 1 actions tomorrow. I also will look at people's Day 1 play tomorrow - but I don't have any preconceived notions about who to lynch tomorrow without having the information from today's lynch and night action information.
DraketheFake wrote:Ooh! Ooh! 4 things wrong!

1. Votes the current popular pick without so much as one little reason.
2. Accuses another player in the game of "playing badly" without giving examples.
3. Sets up a false dilemma wherein if the player he's currently voting for isn't scum, then another player must be (despite admitting one of them is playing badly).
4. Asks SpyreX to explain something that he literally just explained. And that several people have addressed in the past two pages. In a post where he returns from essentially lurking.
Goodposting. I know that I said that stormer's playstyle was a bit of a null-tell before, but he's starting to tip scum for me. And, also, stormer, I know this isn't a newbie game and so I have no IC responsibilities, but I will give this one piece of advice: if you're scum, don't pile on the bandwagon of the one guy who is defending you.

As for the Nameless/charter debate, I don't like how charter is playing. (And I've said this before.) I especially find it odd how he seemed to be following Nameless at first, and then did a 180 once people started pointing it out.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #307 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:09 am

Post by Rishi »

Nameless wrote:I really doubt we're going to get anything more out of stormer at this point. Unless you count Kmd's attempt to dissuade others from putting pressure votes on stormer, which I do. In any case, I'm reasonably sure Stormer is scum and it doesn't look like I'll get enough people onside for a Kmd or Charter lynch today, so ...
I agree with this. I don't think we'll "force Stormer to play better" as camn says.

Less than a week until deadline. We should start focusing a little. I'll put up something with more substance tonight after work.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #369 (isolation #14) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:00 am

Post by Rishi »

Hey folks. Just noticed that this game opened. Sorry about that.

I actually agree with camn in this case that being on the stormer wagon wasn't necessarily scummy. He was playing terribly. It's as I said - the problem with pressuring the newbie is that he's an easy target, won't defend himself well, and we get little information from the lynch. If Porkens didn't drop the hammer, someone else would have.

As camn said, I'm curious about why the townscum didn't kill melikefood. The scum probably didn't think it was a big deal that he was blocking Porkens.

I've played with both camn and Kmd before (though not in the same game). I'll try to look at those games again to see if I can spot differences in playstyles, but that's not happening today. Maybe this weekend.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #392 (isolation #15) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:52 am

Post by Rishi »

Nameless wrote:
Excuse me for stating the obvious, but: One can only assume the scum considered drake more of a threat and less likely to be lynched than melikefood. (I mean, there was a bandwagon on melikefood for a while D1 and he's said some pretty stupid things. Drake was one of the few people I at least assumed to be town, was only badly attacked by Charter, and said some pretty smart things. Only an idiot would have NKed melikfood. Why am I needing to state this?)
Cause if melikefood is really a power role, then he could change the course of the game by making smart decisions. Obviously, a roleblocker is not a cop, but if someone claimed cop and you were scum, wouldn’t you kill them even if they were playing terribly? Perhaps it’s not as obvious as you think.
Porkens wrote:
So, from this, do you think that melikefood is town? Do you believe him about being a role-blocker?
Yes. I believe his claim. I looked at some of his other games, and I am starting to believe that it wasn’t a townscum ploy.
melikefood wrote: Wait, can I get the reasons why you think I would've been NK'd?
melikefood wrote: No, I can't think of anything that isn't WIFOM...
You seemed to believe on Day 1 that you would’ve been NKed. I’m sure you can think of some reasons. But, in any case, it’s because you’ve claimed a power role. No other reason. I don’t think anyone would kill you because they’d think you were a threat.

Tags fixed
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #393 (isolation #16) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:53 am

Post by Rishi »

Crap. Now I'm going to get yelled at by Lord Gurgi for not using preview.

BLOOOOARRRRRRRGGGGUH
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #409 (isolation #17) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:49 am

Post by Rishi »

Lord Gurgi wrote:
Seven player posts in two days. I can make the deadline shorter, if that's what you want.
In all fairness to the players, posting tends to slow down a bit during the weekends.
Nameless wrote: Camn: What did you learn from rereading Drake?
Charter: Waiting to here those other inconsistencies.
Porkens: Is the last sentence of #354 supposed to be sarcasm, or an actual (bad) explanation for your (bad) vote on Camn?
Kmd: With as much depth and detail as possible, would you please give your current opinion as to the scumminess of Rishi.
Zazier: Waiting on your opinion of Kmd's case against Camn.
melikefood: What the heck did you mean by "planning of role actions" (#335)? Also, objectively speaking, would you consider yourself (up to this point) lurking D2?
Rishi: Do you have ANYTHING to comment on that isn't from D1 or N1?
Spyrex: Waiting on that case against Camn.
Stef: #284. #334. #363. Notice your hypocrisy? We're still waiting on that long post, and ANY valid explanation for your vote on Camn.
There's been a lot of discussion about D1 and N1 so far. But, I do have something to comment on right now. I do like how you're trying to get people to participate, but some of these questions makes it feel like you're trying to get other players to do work for you.
camn wrote:If I was going to scum-flirt.. it would be with Rishi Smile
Aww. *blushes*
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #450 (isolation #18) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:13 am

Post by Rishi »

Gah. Thread exploded. I can't really post from work, so this is going to have to wait for tonight. Sorry about that. I'll definitely have a post up in the next 24 hours.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #478 (isolation #19) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:34 pm

Post by Rishi »

Kmd4390 wrote:
Scum (Minority) Points

-Possible Nameless connection. (connections don't always mean scum, and aren't always actually there)
-Voted Food, but later said he believed the claim. (I might not have quoted where he says he believes the claim, but I remember reading it.)
-Too picky with terminology when going after Food

Other Points that could probably go either way

-Only one RVS post
-Didn't see Stormer as scum
-"curious" about why Food wasn't NK'd.

Conclusion (finally):Of the three town points, two are helpfulness which scum can do to look townie, and one is use of common sense as a townie. The town points are things that scum can do. I find myself agreeing with a lot of what he said though. The scum points are weak too. The Nameless connection is only something to look at if either of them dies. The terminology thing was explained. The only thing I would like to know is this. Rishi: What changed your mind from Day 1 where you voted Food to Day 2 where you say you believe Food's claim?
Okay, responding to some of the points in this post. Sorry it took so long.

First of all, connections don't mean scum unless you know the alignment of one of the players. A lot of people think that it's useful to look for scumbuddies, but I think, unless it's a really small game - or there aren't many players left, that you're better off looking for scum and not scumpairs. By the way, this is the exact same reason that SpyreX's claim that defending me is scummy is not a good argument.

As for being too picky with terminology with food, I agree that I might have gone overboard with that one. I later conceded that I was pushing too hard. So I admit that wasn't my most shining moment in this game.

As for flipping on my opinion of melikefood, I told you that I did a meta-read on him. There may be other reasons why I might have had a change of position on melikefood. Think about it and let me know if you still want this question answered.

Okay. Other stuff. I admitted that I have significantly cut down on the amount of time I am able to log in to Mafia. If you look at my posting history, my posting is down all over the site. The fact that I only had one post in the random voting stage is just indicative of the fact that I was busy, nothing else. You can never really accuse anyone of lurking unless you see them posting elsewhere but avoiding a particular thread.

As for stormer, I wasn't sure about his scumminess. I was mostly just saying that his newbish play was a null-tell. I did a meta-read on him, and I could easily believe that he played like that as an Innocent Mafia. I've been an IC (and mod) on a lot of newbie games, and I feel like people were just looking for an easy target.

As far as the helpfulness of figuring out the terminology, I don't know if it helped. I still see a lot of people slipping up. People use "scum" fairly consistently to mean townscum, but I see a lot of people saying "town" when they mean "innocent Mafia." I really wish we had cleared that up in the beginning. Oh well.

Also, SpyreX, seriously, drop the argument that I was distracting the thread by trying to clarify the terminology. Just because you personally didn't think it was useful, there are obviously people in this thread who did. In fact, you're the only person who I have really seen make the argument. If you keep repeating it to yourself enough, then maybe it'll become true. You're also kind of tunnel-visioning. I am sure there's probably scum among the players who participate a little less. If there are innocents arguing with other innocents, there's no reason for scum to even get involved. Some of them are probably sitting on the sidelines.

As for camn, how can I say anything bad about camn? I've even forgiven her for being scum in the last game we were in together and completely pulling the wool over my eyes and then NKing me. I might have to look at that game again, but I don't really remember her trying to buddy up to people there. She was actually a lot more argumentative then. That game kind of sucked though. The one thing I don't like about her play in this game is that she keeps bringing up off-topic conversation. She's definitely not lurking, but off-topic posting is a fine way to make it seem like you're participating when you're really not.

Anyway, sorry for the long, kind of stream of consciousness post, folks. Hopefully it was semi-coherent.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #485 (isolation #20) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:00 am

Post by Rishi »

Nameless wrote:
rishi wrote:In fact, you're the only person who I have really seen make the argument.
One my first points against you (#41) was regarding your insistence on terminology (although not for quite the same reason, but I agree with SpyreX)
See. I'm surprised you brought this up, because this was a sign of your hypocrisy, since you raised the issue long before I did. Hmm. I had forgotten about that.
SpyreX wrote: I'm tunnel visioning? Last I checked I've been running around with KMD and Camn and to a degree Charter and I still find your play to be scummy. I still dont like Stef's play... in fact, I was the one that said I could build cases on more players being scum than actual TOWN behavior.
Yes, you are. You are pretty much tunnel-visioning on me, Kmd, and camn. You say the other things for show. You aren't pushing cases on charter and Stef very hard. It feels like, no matter what, you're going to nitpick the three of us and find something scummy in everything we do. It doesn't even matter what we post. And if you're really finding everyone scummy, as you claim, how about posting something on some of the other players? Or learn to separate what is actually scummy behavior and what is play style. Scumhunting is more than just spotting scummy behavior - anyone can do that. The key is distilling what is actually scummy and what's the eccentricities of the individual poster.
SpyreX wrote:As for innocents arguing with other innocents.. how the hell am I to know that? I have every reason to believe that the players I'm arguing with are scum. Should I just stop? Just wait until something new happens so the scum have to play?
I'm not suggesting this. I am suggesting you cast your net wider.
SpyreX wrote: A general question: Have I been THIS offbase with everything I've been doing to this point? Because if thats the case I'm more than happy to sit back, lurk away, ask "who is am cop?" and pretty much just drool until the scum devours this game due to apathy.
Problem is that you're just reacting. Not thinking.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #616 (isolation #21) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:20 am

Post by Rishi »

Hey. Sorry for being absent. I wasn't actually lurking - wasn't checking the thread at all. (Not really checking Mafiascum at all except the games that I'm modding.)

Did a quick read-through of the stuff I missed. I believe the mason claim, for now. At least I agree that Kmd and charter aren't good lynches today.

Also, SpyreX, I have no intention of answering the question you want answered. There's discussion about it in the thread (not necessarily by me). I suggest you go back and look for it.

As for other questions directed towards me, I will catch up and get to those within the next day or so. I wish I could say that things will be less busy for me this week, but that's not true.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #659 (isolation #22) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:32 am

Post by Rishi »

Okay. I think I'm caught up. I think there was a couple questions directed towards me before the mason claim, which aren't as relevant now. So I said I believed the claim, and I still do. First of all, I just think it's too big a gambit for the scum to give up two people. If one of them turns up scum in some way, then the other one gets auto-lynched. Typical Mini Normal setup is three scum, if there's only one scumgroup. (Only one NK last night, so we have to assume one scumgroup for now.)

As for the ridiculous theories about cults. Come on, this is a Mini Normal. I would entertain the possibility of cults in a Theme, but it seems really unlikely here, with only 12 players. I don't know if I like the idea of lynching one of them to clear the other.

Why are we all still discussing the Porkens hammer? It's a bit of a null-tell, I think. We were all thinking that stormer was scummy towards the end there (of course a newb is going to react badly to pressure). Anyway, it could have been any one of us dropping the hammer. Hammering without waiting for a claim is a little odd, but it shouldn't be one of the main points against Porkens. I also don't think that his refusal to believe the mason claim is necessarily bad. Nameless is also fairly vehement about not believing the claim, and no one is jumping on him.

As for SpyreX, you are rolefishing. I don't buy the argument that the people who "softclaimed" brought it upon themselves. You're like the guy who says, "Why are you winking at me? Is there something wrong with your eye. HEY EVERYONE! THIS GUY IS WINKING!" Then, you try to argue, "Well, you started it by winking." No, SpyreX, you are the one who started it because you won't let go. You backed Kmd into a corner and said, "Hey. Please explain your actions." You knew full well that the only way to explain his actions was to fully claim. Don't even try to say that Kmd and charter started it. If there was no pressure and people just ignored it, they wouldn't have had to claim at all. If you think that the only logical explanation to someone's questions is a claim, then don't beat around the bush. Go ahead and say, "Hey, you. Please claim. Thanks." What you're doing now is rolefishing while disguising it as something else. Which is even worse than actual rolefishing.

## Vote: SpryeX
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #705 (isolation #23) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:11 pm

Post by Rishi »

Rishi wrote:
C
ause if melikefood is really a power role, then he could change the course of the game by making smart decisions.
O
bviously, a roleblocker is not a cop, but if someone claimed cop and you were scum, wouldn’t you kill them even if they were playing terribly?
P
erhaps it’s not as obvious as you think.
Rishi wrote: As for flipping on my opinion of melikefood, I told you that I did a meta-read on him. There may be other reasons why I might have had a
c
hange
o
f
p
osition on melikefood. Think about it and let me know if you still want this question answered.
Porkens is lying. I'm a Mafioso Cop. I investigated melikefood last night and got an innocent result, which is why I wasn't suspicious of him any longer on Day 2.

##Unvote, Vote: Porkens

Nameless wrote: I suggest everyone massclaims now, that should be fun. I'm an ordinary mafioso. Let's lynch Rishi: Recent 5 day lurk + unexplained softclaim + weak attacks on SpyreX = 3rd scum. My work here is done.
You know what really grinds my gears? This. Other than occasional post for modding, I hadn't really posted anywhere on the site in that period. LURKING means that someone is actively avoiding a specific game. When someone is not posting in all their games, it means the person is absent from the site or busy or something. If you can't grasp this basic concept, then I would suggest playing some games in the newbie queue before moving into other games.

I have explained my "softclaim."

Also:
SpyreX wrote: Lets pretend for a moment that its the very beginning of day 2 and none of this happened.
Day starts. There is this exchange.
(SpyreX = Twisted Evil , Rishi = Shocked )
Twisted Evil : Rishi is scum guys. Lets lynch him. VOTE
Shocked : Why do you think I am scum?
Twisted Evil : My honest answer would hurt the town.
Shocked : What? Why?
Twisted Evil : OHH MY GOD YOU ROLEFISHING IDIOT
Huh?
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #713 (isolation #24) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by Rishi »

SpyreX wrote:
Huh?
Sorry, my answer would hurt the town.

Either way we shoop da whoop. I'm stickin on Rishi
No need to be a jerk.

Oh wait... you don't know how not to be a jerk.

Seriously, dude. I know second graders who can write a two-person dialogue without getting confused over who is talking.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #714 (isolation #25) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:42 pm

Post by Rishi »

SpyreX wrote: Sorry, my answer would hurt the town
Also, if your answer would hurt the scum, then why not say something?

OH WAIT. You think terminology is irrelevant.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #743 (isolation #26) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:44 pm

Post by Rishi »

Don't lynch me. I swear I'm town.

In other news, I will take this opportunity, while I'm still alive, to scumflirt.

Hey, camn, how ya doin'? You come here often? I think your avatar looks lovely tonight.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #748 (isolation #27) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:20 am

Post by Rishi »

But, camn, you betrayed ME in that other game and I have learned to move past it. Oh well.

I investigated myself. I'm innocent. But without camn's love, there's little point to living.

##Vote: Rishi

Lynch!

p.s. I claim jester.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #749 (isolation #28) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:21 am

Post by Rishi »

Ooops. Forgot to bold.

##Vote: Rishi
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #874 (isolation #29) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:06 am

Post by Rishi »

Ha. Victory.

On the day that I knew I was going to die, we set up the kills for the rest of the game. We figured that Kmd/charter/Nameless was a mislynch waiting to happen. I think it was a little risky to leave both masons alive, since Kmd and charter would never vote each other, but it seemed like our best shot to leave that argument alive.

I can't believe you guys gave Zazie a free pass for lurking.

As for my play, I'm not sure how I came across as so scummy on Day 1. (That's why Stef watched me on Night 1 - figured that I was likely to be targeted by the cop.) I'm usually better than that, though I haven't played that many games as scum. Since I knew I was going to go down, so I set up the cop fakeclaim early on Day 2. I figured that I could force the cop to counterclaim and then Stef/Zazie would kill the cop. The fact that you guys lynched the cop instead of me was insane.

Anyway, thanks for the game Lord Gurgi. The flipped faction thing was annoying, but otherwise, I think you did a great job. Fun game, all. Props to my scumbuddies - you guys did well.

And, camn, I hope that we can move past this. I apologize for deceiving you. Perhaps you can give me your phone number and I can explain further?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”