He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #521 (isolation #0) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:43 am

Post by bird1111 »

Confirming.

Unvote
. Will read through the thread and post my thoughts.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:15 am

Post by bird1111 »

Just finished my readthrough. Need to look more closely at some of the players before posting my thoughts, but that should be real soon.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by bird1111 »

Posting as I go along.

elvis_knits' post 15 strikes me as somewhat scummy. As, for the most part, hearing motivations is a good thing for the town.

Ethers 19 makes me slightly nervous with her not explaining why she decides to vote, and the fact that she doesn't say why she chose who she chose doesn't help things.

OGML's post 21 makes me slightly suspicious, as the only reason for his vote was because he thought Sarc was lazy, which I feel was a weak excuse at that
point.

MBL's play as of 29 is intriguing me, I don't remember him acting like this in Space Monkeys, but that was a long while ago.

Though while I can see where MBL is coming from in 29, It is clear to me that isn't what bluesoul meant.

34, however, looks like a misrepresentation.

I'm finding it curious (and somewhat suspicious) how MBL says he's liking OGML in 40, who hadn't really said anything.

57 makes me feel a little better about 40.

Not liking the sudden elvis_knits vote from Patrick in 69.

Makes sense now that I've seen his reasoning in 72.

Is it typical for DBG to side with multiple people at once?

elvis_knits making mountains out of molehills in 90 makes me suspicious of her.

Same reaction from DBG's 98.

IH's 110 looks like scum looking for which of the bluesoul/MBL wagon will go further so he can jump on it.

MBL's telling the town to ignore elias in 115 makes me suspicious of him. Especially since he acts ready to vote when elias can post.

bluesoul's 118 makes me suspicious as it isn't possible for the 30% to be from inside information. You can't get a integer/12 or an integer/11 to equal .3

Why didn't MBL explain what was said in 147 before?

elvis_knits 155 looks like scum trying to get the town to believe that MBL admitted to being scum.

Not liking bluesoul's decision to ignore chamber's vote in 172 just because he refuses to elaborate.

I really don't like DBG's 188.

Since when does chamber make posts anything like 197?

Or, even more so, 217.

Is 219 really true? I'll admit to not having really paid much attention to chamber in the few games I've read with him in it, but it doesn't match with what little I remember (though it could be that I tend to read casually unless its either a game I'm in or I'm reading it for a game I'm in.)

I'm wondering why DBG felt the need to butter up chamber in 235. As that looked highly unnecessary

239 is incredibly confusing to me, what were you trying to say DBG?

Never mind, 267 caused me to understand it.

What the hell at 291. That is NOT the sort of play I'd expect from someone invited to an invitational.
MrBuddyLee in 346 wrote:MBL's guesses:

.5 of {Ether-town
chamber-town
bluesoul-town
IH-town
Elias-town
OGML-town } = scum

1.5 of {Patrick, DBG, Sarc, PJ} = scum

e_k-scum
Could you explain this? As I'm not understanding at all.

Gut's telling me that DBG's probably not a supersaint.
DrippingGoofball in 518 wrote:Elvis won't self hammer
Not sure why this needed bringing up. Don't find it scummy though.
DrippingGoofball in 518 wrote: Elias and pablito will have to stop being chicken shitte and vote for somebody. I find players that abstain from voting scummy. Both have been around and should park their vote where it counts, not in no-vote limbo.
How is not voting scummy?

Not liking how DBG is focusing so much on people not voting.

Thoughts on players:

bluesoul: The whole assuming that the 30% came from inside information is the only thing scummy I really see from him. Liking the fact that he brought up the deadline issue. Don't like the fact that he chose to ignore chamber's vote just because chamber refused to elaborate. Find him scummy.

chamber: He is being far more talkative than I've seen. I really do not like his wanting DBG to claim without being lynched. Particularly since he effectively told elvis to claim or die. Find him scummy.

DrippingGoofball: Really do not like her throwing in the towel. Do not find it scummy. What I do find it scummy is her buttering up people, making a mountain out of a molehill in 98, and post 188. Also don't like her emphasis on people not voting. All that and the fact that I don't believe she is a SuperSaint, means I'm going to
Vote: DBG

Elias_the_thief: Not liking the change about bluesoul, but other than that don't really have a read on him. Neutral, leaning scum

elvis_knits: Don't really like how she didn't realy say much until called out on it. Also don't like her post making it look like MBL has admitted to being scum. Leaning scum.

Ether: I really don't like 34 because I feel it is a mirepresentation. Not liking how she backed off DBG when it looked like DBG might be a SuperSaint. I feel she is the most likely partner for DBG. I find her scummy.

IH/ChannelDelibird: Don't like how IH looked ready to jump on whichever of bluesoul's/MBL's wagon was going to go further. Didn't really see anything else from him. Neutral on CDB. Neutral, slightly leaning scummy.

MrBuddyLee: Liked how quickly he started looking for scum. Neutral, leaning town.

OGML/HackerHuck: Didn't like OGML's excuse for voting Sarc, with what had happenend in the game. Neutral on HackerHuck. Neutral, slightly leaning scummy.

Patrick: Looks town to me.

petroleumjelly/pablito: petroleumjelly looked town to me. Leaning town on pablito. Overall thinking town.

Current top 5 list:
DBG
bluesoul
chamber
Ether (if DBG comes up scum, is scummier than chamber to me)
elvis_knits
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (isolation #3) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:34 am

Post by bird1111 »

Ether wrote: Same sort of thing from Bird's analysis. I fail to see how my supersaint hypothesis is scummy. (I actually do see where the CaffGoof sentiments are coming from, but the supersaint bit is something different, correct?)
It looks to me like you used DBG's actions (IE her trying to get herself lynched) and were trying to use them to convince the town to look elsewhere or at least make people reluctant to hammer.
Ether wrote:What's wrong with my 34?

I didn't see how you could plausibly interpret bluesoul's post as saying that"
Ether wrote:
Post 555, Bird wrote:bluesoul: The whole assuming that the 30% came from inside information is the only thing scummy I really see from him. Liking the fact that he brought up the deadline issue. Don't like the fact that he chose to ignore chamber's vote just because chamber refused to elaborate. Find him scummy.

[...]

Current top 5 list:
DBG
bluesoul
Elaborate on your view of Bluesoul.
What are you looking for me to elaborate on?
Ether wrote:I don't like Bird's summaries.
@chamber: Have you seen DBG refuse to claim as scum?

Agreeing with bluesoul that there has been a lot of double standards between DBG and elvis.

What didn't you like about them?
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (isolation #4) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:36 pm

Post by bird1111 »

Patrick wrote: bird: I find it odd how you said you didn't like both Ether's and my unexplained votes so early in the game. Do you feel voting without giving reasons is inherently scummy, or was there something in particular about these posts that bothered you? (I'm aware you retracted your dislike of mine).

Can you elaborate on why PJ looked town to you?
I find it scummy past the random voting stage. Less scummy the closer to it.

Gut feeling really.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (isolation #5) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:38 pm

Post by bird1111 »

chamber wrote:
bird1111 wrote: @chamber: Have you seen DBG refuse to claim as scum?
That I remember? No. but thats hardly definitive. However since no where did I say her refusal to claim made me think she was more likely to be town I ail to see how thats relevant. I think shes town cause of her play overall. I was more stating her refusal to claim as a non tell.
Fair enough.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (isolation #6) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:48 pm

Post by bird1111 »

Various questions in my initial post that, as far as I'm aware of, have still not been answered.
bird1111 wrote: Is it typical for DBG to side with multiple people at once?

Why didn't MBL explain what was said in 147 before?
MrBuddyLee in 346 wrote:MBL's guesses:

.5 of {Ether-town
chamber-town
bluesoul-town
IH-town
Elias-town
OGML-town } = scum

1.5 of {Patrick, DBG, Sarc, PJ} = scum

e_k-scum
Could you explain this? As I'm not understanding at all.

DrippingGoofball in 518 wrote: Elias and pablito will have to stop being chicken shitte and vote for somebody. I find players that abstain from voting scummy. Both have been around and should park their vote where it counts, not in no-vote limbo.
How is not voting scummy?
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:08 am

Post by bird1111 »

Could you defend the actions I found scummy in 555?

Same thing for Elias and elvis. (And CDB/HackerHuck if they think they can defend their predecessor's actions.)
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:52 am

Post by bird1111 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Which parts? Your post was a long one and I'm bound to forget something.
All the points against you should be in the section under DrippingGoofball.

why, Pablito?
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (isolation #9) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:57 am

Post by bird1111 »

FOS: Pablito

Not a good reason to vote.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (isolation #10) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:48 am

Post by bird1111 »

bluesoul wrote:More activity please.
QFT. This is part of the reason why I focused on the unanswered stuff from my 555 in my past two posts, as since it had been a few days, and since no one was saying anything, I decided to try and go ahead and try to start conversation by getting them answered.
elvis_knits wrote:Can we talk about how MBL said it would be ridiculous/impossible to have a SK in a minvitational, and I was stupid/misdirecting for suggesting it? Because Minvitational 8 had a SK.
I find it curious, and would like him to comment on the fact that an SK was in Minivitation 8.
elvis_knits wrote:I really think the SK is most likely to say there's no SK in the game.
Agreed, but I don't find this sort of thing that strong of a tell.
elvis_knits wrote:Also, I blame him for the dissolution of the DGB wagon.
Why?
elvis_knits wrote:And where is he lately anyway?
He was, until last Monday, at Burner Man. No idea where he is now.

Any chance of defending youself from my 555? (quickest way to do that would be to ctrl+f until you get to your section of where I put my thoughts on each of the players)
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (isolation #11) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:05 am

Post by bird1111 »

Yes. That.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (isolation #12) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:03 am

Post by bird1111 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:What I do find it scummy is her buttering up people, making a mountain out of a molehill in 98, and post 188. Also don't like her emphasis on people not voting. All that and the fact that I don't believe she is a SuperSaint, means I'm going to Vote: DBG"
Buttering up people, come on, with myself as an exception, the caliber of players is very high in this game. You find this scummy - you're entitled to your opinion, there's not much there to refute. My sentiments were genuine, but that's meaningless.
If you don't think that you are nearly as good as the other players, then why do you think you are here?
DrippingGoofball wrote:On the other hand, I always view non-voters with suspicion.
Examples?
DrippingGoofball wrote:The rest I've already addressed.
Don't think you've explained why you think scum are likely to bus right out of the gate.
DrippingGoofball wrote:If elvis can accuse MBL of derailing my wagon, perhaps I can accuse you of derailing elvis' wagon? Just wonderin'
How did I derail the Elvis wagon?
MrBuddyLee wrote:I think what I'd like to see right now from everyone is the following:

* Who are your top three suspects in order, and why?
* If DGB is not in that top three, why?
* If elvis is not in that top three, why?
* Is there anyone who's skating to D2, and how can we get more info on them ASAP?
*DrippingGoofball, bluesoul, chamber, reasons outlined in 555 (though I don't like bluesoul's sudden vote for Elias)
*She is.
*Because though while I find her scummy, I find the other three's behavior more scummy.
*Honestly there is a lot of lurking in this game. Elias is by far the worst offender, but I'm getting the feeling that a lot of people are sitting back and watching.
MrBuddyLee wrote:i want more specifics from bird
Could you specify what you are looking for?

pablito, could you clarify what about my 555 caused you to skip it? And also, could you clarify why my other posts made you think I am skating?

Not liking how Elias is only starting to post content now that he's getting called on it.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (isolation #13) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:45 am

Post by bird1111 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Ooo, I love those matchmaker.com questions!
bird1111 wrote:If you don't think that you are nearly as good as the other players, then why do you think you are here?
'Cuz I'm all over the site? It's not my talent, that's for sure.
bird1111 wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:On the other hand, I always view non-voters with suspicion.
Examples?
Good grief, I'm not about to build a meta on myself for other players, I just do, and I have for a long time.
bird1111 wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:The rest I've already addressed.
Don't think you've explained why you think scum are likely to bus right out of the gate.
I don't know why they do it; but I've been scum often enough to have observed buddies doing it over and over again. After I noticed the pattern, I started to look for it. Day 1 is more important than you think - that's when bus'ing is in high gear.
bird1111 wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:If elvis can accuse MBL of derailing my wagon, perhaps I can accuse you of derailing elvis' wagon? Just wonderin'
How did I derail the Elvis wagon?
'Cuz you're pressuring me right now and not elvis? Because you did not vote elvis, unvoted elvis, or voted another player? One of the above.
Fair enough on the first three.

I fail to see how that is derailing except for maaaybe for the first point.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (isolation #14) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:02 am

Post by bird1111 »

Ug. Sorry people, but I can't get myself motivated enough to contribute on a regular basis, so I'm going ahead and requesting replacement to avoid this turning into another Mafia vs. Wolves.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1545 (isolation #15) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by bird1111 »

Sorry about having to be replaced (though considering my skill level, it probably was for the best)

Glad to see that at least my top choice for scum was right.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”