Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:26 am

Post by Light-kun »

OverCaffeinated wrote:
Vote: Brandi

It's clear that KrisReizer is scum due to the late confirmation. We all know that scum are too busy skulking about doing scummy things and are too busy to check their mail.

And since we know that KrisReizer is scum, Brandi's vote right out of the gate seems like a way to distance herself from her scum compatriot.

Also the random number generator came up with a 1 so taken with the other points, it is evident that Brandi is most likely a potential candidate for possibly being scum.
XDDD
Vote OverCaffeinated
for best arbitrary vote ever.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:36 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Hm, I see no problems voting for yourself. To be honest, I never got much out of opening game. Except from amateurs to the game entirely, who usually have a lucky first guess...

XDDD

Anyway, I have no change of base, but I do find SirD's actions slightly strange... His vote was entirely based off a self vote, but so early.... hm...

I dunno, just gonna wait on his response.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:28 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Intelligence IS a sign of scum, but only if it is intelligent that only scum players (and mod) could possibly know.

@SirD, I do not like Wifflytuff, at all. Sorry. Additionally, I do not like your rather weak attack on me, based on reading a bit too much into my words. Early game= random voting phase. I don't read much into people's votes, at all. In fact, I find the whole idea of finding value in someone's initial random vote to be silly to say the least. If I were scum, I would roll dice, and disguise it with some crap reason. Or, I would find a specific joke reason (ie, I hate Wigglytuff, or the N for Near statement, neither of which are true to me.) This, of course, would be dictated by my trend of random voting, so that it stays to be the same. So, I see very little value in the RVS, except from amateurs, who are more inclined to slip (opinion, not fact, and I don't treat it as fool proof).

Now, to move discussion:

I don't like OverC.'s comedy post, just a note on my thoughts for future reference.

Next:
I don't like Omni's lack of commentary and interaction. Two post with a grand total of two lines to show for it.... I don't care for this.

(And no, I think nothing of L-2)

Unvote, Vote: Light-Kun
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #3) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Unvote, Vote Omni

(Wow, that was stupid. ^.^)
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #4) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Post by Light-kun »

omni wrote:So my two posts and two lines of commentary are worse than inquisitors one post with one line, that's an interesting view you have there.

So I'm intrigued why I was the one singled out by all this unless It isfor you knowing that he is scummy as well so you'll just target me as a result.

As for the lack of commenting, I just don't see much to comment on in this random voting phase and I'm just naturally a man of few words, but since we appear to be out of that phase I'll be commenting a lot more.
First shield: You had a really shiny attractive icon that I noticed appeared twice up to the time of post. You are a victim of my Racoon like mind... *SHINY!*
hitogoroshi wrote:Light-Kun...what the hell, man? It's like you're trying to suspect as many people as you can, so you can claim "reason" to bandwagon anyone you like at a moments notice. Townies need to hit the scum, scum can hit anyone. Post 42 strikes me as really scummy.

FoS: Light-kun
Second Shield:
Really? My reason is based on the fact that nothing else hit me as scummy, and I don't like lurky people. (And if you ever played with Killa7, you would be just as skeptical of them.) Additionally, EVERYONE is a suspect. Hm, I don't like your reaction much here... as a note, can mafia actually shoot itself? Haha! I win the argument! That...is the point of this argument, right...? O.o Nothing further here.

Third Shield:
Kriz and KMD did both answer a question for me. I have absolutely no idea why they would, and for that reason, both could be put under the microscope. Someone pointed out KMD to be an active lurker, which is potentially true. I haven't played with him, and that is fine and dandy. On the other hand...
Kriz is also novice rank (I am too according to that little thing under my icon, I know) so it is slightly possible that they defended me because they are novices, regardless of alignment. I think it might depend on how much mafia IRC or forum (latter more so) experience either has. Hm...

In any case, I wonder if Kriz's participation, juxtaposed against KMD's content lacking post (someone else's opinion), might give clues to their alignment?

Yes, almost nothing is done without reason, so I am sure if we look hard enough we can find something.

Now, the thing that really bothers me is one of the early posts by Kriz, that attacked Omni almost immediately after my post. Combined with his and KMD's defense of my accidental self vote is very bothersome to me.

Something else that bothers me is that as we "officially" leave the RJP, Omni unvoted, despite indicating his vote on me was serious (to some extent...)

Finally, SirD, the RVP has yet to produce any useful data for town, as far as I am concerned. The only time it happens to have meaning is once conversation is started and town can pick apart arguments in order to find scum (or at least, have a guess at scum.) Reaction is very important here, yes?

Now, for one thing I don't like.

First Sword:
Brandi wrote:
L-K wrote:Intelligence IS a sign of scum, but only if it is intelligent that only scum players (and mod) could possibly know.
WRONG

SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE
is
sometimes
a sign of scum. But definitely
not
intelligence. The mafia are not the only ones who are capable of knowing things that the rest of the town do not. Cops and Doctors, for example, have night actions which can be used to retrieve helpful information for the rest of the town.
L-K wrote:If I were scum, I would roll dice, and disguise it with some crap reason.
I'll be sure to take note of that next game I'm in with you. ;P Really though, saying "Oh if I were scum I'd do this..." really doesn't mean anything at all. BTW, if you roll a dice to random vote, the DICE
IS
the reason for the vote.
L-K wrote:I don't like Omni's lack of commentary and interaction.
Let the mod take care of the inactive players. If the only reason you are voting for Omni is the amount of content and not the content itself, thats pretty pointless and kind of scummy. =P
KrisReizer wrote:Aaanyway, Light-kun's right. Omni? Care to show us you're not scum?
Um hello? Way to make zero sense. Inactive != scum. Active != town. Its what is
in
the CONTENT, not the
amount
of such, that is the decider. How about instead of 'show us you're not scum' you say "Omni? Care to post more content so we can get a decent analysis?"

Obviously I don't approve of people just not posting hardly anything at all. But I don't approve of people finding that in itself to be a definite scum tell either.

@someone2:
There is nothing scummy about someone defending another persons actions unless they are CONSTANTLY taking up for them after every little spoken suspicion.

Brandi spends 3/5ths of the argument telling me things that:
1. I already knew. and
2. are trivial.

3. #4/5: She attacks of someone for agreeing with my argument, but instead of doing anything to push, she moves on to

4. Defending someone's defense of my double vote.

Okay, okay, I know we have a lot of amateurs in this game, but I really don't like evasive IC type feel I am getting from you. I really, really hate that, and to be quite honest, it just comes off as someone who wants to participate actively but not ultimately doing anything that furthers discussion. So, our petty argument aside, what is really the substance of this post?

A comment that would be fitting if Brandi FoS Kriz, but only yells at him a bit. Now, to be cynical and assume she is mafia: It seems like coaching disguised as a near FoS.

To be optimistic: She is being a neutral IC... in a not IC requested game.

To be normal: It doesn't make sense to not FoS Kriz, or not vote Kriz, in this post.

This is one of those posts that bugs me.

That is all for now. (And no comment on the Kriz attacking OC, but I did see it. Just no opinion because I dunno how active/inactive he has been.

. . . his icon isn't shiny.) :wink:
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #5) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Unvote

I dunno who my vote is on, I think Omni...
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #6) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Omni, it is too early in the game to be trusting anyone, isn't it?

I am not recalling anything from the Inquisitor or Dalt. I will do a read through tomorrow.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #7) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:53 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Yup, I was right.

First post:
Dalt random votes Omni.
Second post:
Dalt changes vote to Fox without reason.
(In hindsight, I apologize to Omni. I thought you weren't saying much, wow...)

Inquisitor JL
One post: Votes Omni.

FoS Inquisitor and Dalt

Mod(s) please prod both Inquisitor and Dalt

Despite all the conversation, I admit that in the non lurker group that I am not getting any scum reads. I feel that SirD is potential town sided. Omni's reaction was kind of null for me. Who else.

Brandi still feels a bit evasive in my opinion. (BTW, yes, I am childish and hate to lose. On this, you are absolutely correct.)

Back to SirD: Post 49:

1. "It's really easy for scum to say there's little value in the random voting stage, as it allows them to do anything they so please." ~SirD 49

What? My personal opinions have absolutely nothing to do with other people's perception of the RVS. Thus, this argument is greatly flawed.

2. "And, you 'don't like' my attack? That's pretty easy, to not like your attacker. This seems like, uhm what's it called... OMGUS! :roll:" ~SirD 49

Not Omgus, I simply don't like being attacked for someone reading too much into my words. *Shrugs* What do you want me to say. (I don't like the idea of "OMGUS" actually. Especially in this context, because I didn't vote you for your attack. Just commenting that I don't like it. Never said it made you scum, etc.)

3. "OC explained why random voting is very useful early on, and that voting a lot in general is helpful. Are you saying that the random voting stage is useless?" ~SirD 49

I answered this. But to remind you of my answer since I vaguely touched on it in my giant post, which btw you would do well to read fully, here is another answer:

The RVS is, in my opinion, useless in all points except for the fact that it starts conversation. The votes themselves seem to be rather unimportant and meaningless. My vote is usually because I thought someone was funny or because someone referenced me in their post. (IE, Death Note.)
My point is, the RVS, for me, serves no purpose. I don't really care if anyone else's theory contradicts me because it is all utterly WIFOM.

4. "Also, it's Wigglytuff." ~SirD 49

I know, I spelled it both ways. The first was a typo. Stupid pink singing creature.

5. "For future reference? This really looks like you're keeping all options open, which is pretty scummy to me. Also, you didn't mention
why
you find it scummy." ~Sird 49

No, I simply don't trust anyone at this point in the game. Honestly, who can you trust in the first few pages? In this game, I plan on assuming everyone is scum until I can break it down to a few targets. Inevitably, I am sure my back work on people. As a side note: I don't take notes on the game, but whenever I write something that looks both trivial and meaningless, I am writing out thoughts for me to consider later, so I recall what I was thinking at that point in the game.

6. "Oh wow, and there comes the 'accidental' self-vote. Quite frankly, I don't know what you were trying to do with that, but I am not completely convinced that was accidental.

Really Lightkun, I don't know what you're trying to do with this post, but I think it's scummy as hell, even without that 'accidental' self-vote.

unvote vote lightkun
" ~SirD

This whole part right here: yeah, this... well, let me try.
*Closes eyes, tries to consider, be reason, be logical....*
BAH! I am sorry, just can't quite give a damn what you make of an accidental self vote.

All and all though, I am feeling SirD to be more town than not, but this is just my feeling. (This is a very insignificant amount of slightly town, but I am just stating for future reference.)
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #8) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:55 pm

Post by Light-kun »

EBWOP:

In case my above post confuses mod:
Unvote
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:17 am

Post by Light-kun »

[quote="omni"]Thanks for the apology L-K, I'm not removing my vote however, you did just target me with basically no basis and then drew people onto your bandwagon, I'm not convinced about you yet.[/quote]

See? This is eratic. You took off a vote on me, for the reasons stated above, as a random vote. However, you are claiming to leave it on for these reasons. Just noting the slight contradiction here. On a second note, I did not apologize because I wanted the vote removed. Finally, it is not scummy to bandwagon someone for the intent or elicting a response.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #10) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by Light-kun »

@ Someone2: You know when you quick reply and it has those two links and you can either go back to forum or read your own message. I read my own message. And I don't rush off because I have been prone, in large posts, to make an error, so I reread. (This includes after previewing post as I keep adding things after previewing it and I don't preview again.)

Post 10: Omni vote SirD (Random)
Post 20: Light votes OC (Random)
Post 28: Light states self votes in opening are not annoying. Claims opening games have no meaning for him.
Post 29: Omni says something about his random vote being 10% serious.
Post 30: Light receives Wag of the Finger from SirD.
Post 42: Light makes a post about Omni’s lack of post. (This was decided by who’s avatar I saw the least, and non avatars are really not sticking out in memory when I do an overview scan.) Accidental Self Vote.
Post 47: !!Omni defends lack of posts by pointing out someone else’s lack of post. (Valid)
“As for the lack of commenting, I just don't see much to comment on in this random voting phase and I'm just naturally a man of few words, but since we appear to be out of that phase I'll be commenting a lot more.” Um, yay?
Post 56: Someone declares RVS over? (Who gave him authority!?) >.<
Post 61:
omni wrote:
KrisReizer wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:The N is for New York. It is a Yankees logo. If you don't know that, I am offended.
Oh, hush. It was just a joke.
omni wrote:So my two posts and two lines of commentary are worse than inquisitors one post with one line, that's an interesting view you have there.

So I'm intregued why I was the one singled out by all this unless It isfor you knowing that he is scummy as well so you'll just target me as a result.

As for the lack of commenting, I just don't see much to comment on in this random voting phase and I'm just naturally a man of few words, but since we appear to be out of that phase I'll be commenting a lot more.
Well, there's a general view that lurkers are scum because they don't help the town. It seems misguided to me, hence why I didn't think it a good idea to jump on your bandwagon so quickly. But, now that we've got you posting, things should go a little differently.
But that's my point I'm not even close to the most inactive, that's why it's so intreguing that Light-kun, with you as his cronie have it in for me I just don't understand that at all, it's so odd that I've been targeted there, why was my 'inactivity' (even though I've posted almost every day) worse than people who I don't think have posted yet if I'm scum they'd have to be all the more so on that theory. You haven't 'got me posting' I was always posting, you've just given me reasons to write essays in my posts rather than jokes, because there's not really a great deal to comment on in the random phase.

oh and
unvote
Quoted for effect...Oh, wait, WHAT? Did you just unvote me as though I were your RVS vote? Didn’t you just say you DIDN’T DO THAT?!?!?

Post 64: Long ass statement, nothing too important for this conversation, except that I criticized the above post, and reviewed his posts (That he made during my absence, since he accused me of claiming him lurker, but posts proved that impossible. [Yes, his is a flawed argument since half of his posts were made between two of my posts.])

Post 65: I unvote.

Post 67: Makes crap argument about post (see end of commentary on 64). Questions my questioning his unvote, and then offers to revote me. Sorry, I am getting lost in what seemed like an okay statement the first time. But in review, you are making less sense to me.

Post 72: Oh, I love this post. Seriously, FIVE POSTS LATER WITHOUT ONE OF MY POSTS GOING BETWEEN THEM: Something about confused by my play. Claims I accuse everyone (No, just him while note taking on everyone) and then I “took heat off myself” and the people I haven’t touched are not scum. Wow, you are just assuming I am a stupid enough scum to not put pressure on my partners. Anyway, he reiterates lack of being convinced (from what, my lack of a post response to 67?) And he votes me.

Post 76: Claim it is too early to trust anyone, goes to investigate *real* lurkers.

Post 77: Read the damn case and point/prod on lurkers.

Post 78: Unvoted to wait for opinions.

Post 79: Accepts apology (what the-f#ck ever) Claims I drew people into a bandwagon (is it my fault some players lack self reliance and mindlessly follow others?) And then says he isn’t convinced of me yet... whatever that means...

Post 80: I note that he unvoted me (see above), but defends continuing to vote me in post 79 for the reasons he votes me in post 47, which he unvoted (usually indicating that the person sees the argument is no longer valid.)

Post 83:
omni wrote:
Light-kun wrote:
omni wrote:Thanks for the apology L-K, I'm not removing my vote however, you did just target me with basically no basis and then drew people onto your bandwagon, I'm not convinced about you yet.
See? This is eratic. You took off a vote on me, for the reasons stated above, as a random vote. However, you are claiming to leave it on for these reasons. Just noting the slight contradiction here. On a second note, I did not apologize because I wanted the vote removed. Finally, it is not scummy to bandwagon someone for the intent or elicting a response.
First up - I didn't actually have my first vote for you so I don't believe I ever DID take a vote away from you.

What IS scummy is that you vote for someone wanting to get them to be "active" when there are people less active than them, that's what was scummy about it, and then bringing people to your bandwagon and having them help you and you helping them that's the scummy thing.

As usual you have failed to read and are just targeting me.
First up: I pretty much just proved myself right....
Second: I have answered this. I am a raccoon, and the icon is shiny. (Seriously though, I missed the one avatar, and the other person did have one, much like a few other people who posted more frequently.)
Third: YOU DARE ACCUSE ME OF NOT READING? You haven’t even paid attention to your own actions, and you have been erratic all game.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #11) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by Light-kun »

omni wrote:
Light-kun wrote: Post 10: Omni vote SirD (Random)
omni wrote: oh and
unvote
Quoted for effect...Oh, wait, WHAT? Did you just unvote me as though I were your RVS vote? Didn’t you just say you DIDN’T DO THAT?!?!?
Why yes I DID just say that I didn't do that - Because I DIDN'T DO THAT

Your own post SAYS I didn't unvote you, I unvoted SirD not you, so yea I do accuse you of not reading, you don't read, you contradict yourself and you just write lengthy posts to try and lose your own contradictions in your posts, so you can accuse me of being erratic all you want, but you're contradicting yourself in your own posts.

And it looks like you've admitted you have it in for me? Is that because you know I'm not scum and have just decided I'll be an easy target for your scum buddies to bandwagon? Or have I offended you in some way?

*Laughs so hard it actually hurts.*
Okay, I am officially doing too much at once.

No, I pretty much admitted that I am an absolute and total moron. *Laughs again*
I mentally crossed someone's vote for me in another game into your FoS post. Forget not reading, it was just plain lack of being absolutely thorough to the point of being anal. *SLAMS HEAD INTO DESK*

On the other hand, you have moved way up on my town list for your reaction play. (Too bad I can't be this convincing intentionally....)

Okay, Back to Square One as they say. (And no, I totally won't hold it against anyone who finger of suspicions me for the sheer stupidity of my play.)

ANYWAY, I don't thing the prodded people have poked back in, so.... suspicious, unless they are killaseven players, in which case lynching them is fine. (Killaseven lurked like this in a completed game, flipped scum at the end, which I suspected...so I am uberly skeptical.)

What else...
Well, Someone2 my answer is still above. And finally, sorry to anyone who read above post. It is really not necessary to read it except for history. (Subtract opinions against Omni though, which were apparently completely unfounded.)

*Second, stronger apology. SORRY for being a complete and total douche*
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #12) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:11 pm

Post by Light-kun »

As I said, I have no objections as to finding my suspicious since my play has been absolute shit, so why did you even think that I thought my post indicated anything to the effect of:

"OMG, I'm an idiot. Just clear me, kay, thanks!"

No. I made a mistake, and you judge with it what you will. And I can't do anything (as far as your opinions go) except resume the game with anything that this huge, space wasting ordeal gave me in information. *Hm...*

Well, let me look at people individually:

Brandi -Very standoffish, conservative play.
omni -Acted naturally to my rather unfounded accusation. Looking at it objectively now, his rebuttal is considerably townie behavior.
Inquisitor JL - 1 post, thus unknown.
sirdanilot - Due to the whole...ordeal, SirD looked fairly town/mafia. He looks town as a concerned citizen for my mental insanity that led me to idiotically attack a villager, OR he is a mafia using this as an ample time to make someone seem guilty and seem pro town while doing it. (Circular, yes, I know. But to note, it slightly seems [perhaps personal bias?] he is the town defending omni.)
OverCaffeinated -I dunno. He seems to be a bit of a comic player. No read yet.
dalt54321 - 1 post, thus unknown.
FlyingFoxBat - At this point, it is page four. It has been page four for 5 days. About now the self vote seems a little strange... I may look more into him.
hitogoroshi - I *KNOW* he said something that I found interesting; however, I have no idea what it said. I am going to look more into his posts in context.
someone2 - Closer to town.
Light-kun - Moron. <--- Yes, me.
Kmd4390 - Seems more town in his defense of my self vote. Decently helpful to town, in my opinion.
KrisReizer - Kriz followed my opinions without challenging them much. I will look into him. But, it is really late (EARLY) here. So:

List for review:
Kriz
hitogoroshi
Flyingfoxbat
Post again tomorrow...sometime.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #13) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:25 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Aweh, the poor people who just joined have to suffer though pages 2-4.... poor, poor fools... they will never know what the f*ck is going on...lol.

Anyway, I am back from a two days of no posting, pretty much the Sir's orders.

Okay, quick look:
Omni: Still looking more town than not, and I feel that Kmd's case was a bit twitchy....

KMD: I liked his idea, but attacking Omni for an obvious pressure vote.... bothers me... maybe KMD isn't experienced enough to know the majors pros of having a pressure vote.

All people being replaced-nulled.

No read on Sirdinalot.

Hito- A tad passive for my taste.... yeah....

OC- I get a town vibe.

No read on Someone2.

Brandi- I get scum vibes. I really really don't like her play. seems evasive somehow.

Vote Brandi
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #14) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:11 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Huh?

Why are you voting SirD?
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (isolation #15) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:35 am

Post by Light-kun »

hitogoroshi wrote:Whoa, geez, I missed the vote in L-K's post 114 until Sens quoted it. That's...buh...what? Where the hell did that come from? "Her play seems kind of evasive" is a reason to vote? When I said in post 93-
But, as I said, you seem to be extremely jumpy, and using a lot of words to talk about a little suspicion. So if you're townie, slow down so the town can talk about other things and get more evidence down. If you're scum, by all means, continue leaping around and suspecting people for no reason.
-I didn't think you'd continue leaping around and suspecting people for no reason. You have to be the ballsiest scum I've ever seen. But, uh...town would have no reason to do that. So you've shot yourself in the foot here.

Vote: Light-kun
I am not jumping around, I am still waiting on a response from Brandi, but thank you for pushing my lynch meter up to 43%. To respond, however, I am simply playing as though I had never suspected Omni. The entire ordeal (since I am town, Omni looks town, and SirD looks town) is pretty null on who is scum of the remaining 9 players. The replacements are pretty much void of suspicion/innocence because most of the replacements replaced players who never played. So, that is -3 (I think) other people. Of the remaining six, there is nothing particularly scummy except Brandi's lack of meaningful post. So, I have moved my vote to her and it will remain there until she responds or until someone does something that screams scum.

@Sensfan: Fantastic that you have your "own" opinions, and you think that my posts are complete and utter "bull." But, how about giving reasons as to why they're bull and then I can tell you why they're wrong. And don't give me any BS that the reason is obvious. If you want to have a vote on me, fine, but more reason than "Your posts are bull" should to be given. And oh yeah, "He is obvs scum" is not a reason either.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (isolation #16) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:16 am

Post by Light-kun »

omni wrote:It is interesting that you're doing the same thing with Brandii that you did for me and landed yourself in hot water for I really don't get you man.
No, with you, I thought you had voted me, and thus lied, when you never voted me, and thus never lied. So, your vote based off of my own stupidity, my vote on Brandi is there because she has only posted once in the past three (or four) pages. And in that post, she says that she is sorry for posting less actively than normal. Before that, she FoS's me for the sole reason that I seem defensive to her in an argument that is pretty much irrelevant to the game. And in that same area, she has three other posts that just seem like a couple of scatter brained EBWOPS. So far, she hasn't played so much as she has commented on game theory.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #17) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:06 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Are you just the dumbest playing town aligned person ever?
Obviously, yeah. I have pretty much been an idiot.
why would you want to be the center of attention?
I am in a lost of more active games, but this is due to a deadline. This is my first non deadlined game, and thus, I seem to be really active, and consequently, the center of attention.

Why are your post long and meaningless?
They don't seem long, but they lack content probably because of the general inactiveness of a great majority of players.

Why are you bouncing around so quickly from person to person to find little flaws and get people to bandwagon with you?
What? I have put two people under the microscope (I think that is Omni then Brandi) and seeing as how I haven't really cared if other people voted with me, bugger off.

"However what i find strangest about him is the fact that he forgot his vote."
What? I couldn't make this into a question because I dunno what you are talking about exactly... could be two or three things.

Why are you so liberal with your vote?
Playstyle difference? I don't have a real reason....

when i do vote i continue to focus on that person and see how they react, and then play off of that. Why do you vote hop?

O.O
I think I kept my vote on Omni and recently switched to Brandi, but I could be wrong.

Not only do you not pay attention to the person you voted for to see how they react, you don't even know who you voted for. that seems to me like you are yelling "scum!" Response?

What kind of horrible scum sided player would ever, EVER do something so stupid and simple minded as that? Sure a townie would be an idiot for doing it (raises hand) but that isn't yelling scum! (Though this is option is NOT excluded.) it says, "HEY! I'm an idiot regardless of my alignment. Yeah! YOU! VOTE ME AND LYNCH ME UP HIGH!!!" Not necessarily scum.... is my point here.

And I do par attention to the person, I just transposed a vote cast on me in another game to Omni. Sorry, I fucked up.

Now, I turned your two paragraphs, best I could, into questions and answered them (as I best as I am able) So, what else you want to ask me? (And if I have inadequately answered, please ask me again... Question form appreciated.)
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #18) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:04 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Kmd4390 wrote:
Light-kun wrote: The replacements are pretty much void of suspicion/innocence because most of the replacements replaced players who never played. So, that is -3 (I think) other people.
Replacements are just as likely scum as anyone else..........
Obviously, but my point is that the replacements do not yet have anything posted by them or their predecessors, and thus, I have no reason to vote them...yet.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #19) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:26 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Okay, so the five (or at least four of) the people voting me are active. Then two other people may be active, and I am pretty much active player of the year, so yeah... missing a good five (four?) people there...

Brandi has posted a promise to catch up, thus my vote will remain on her until then. *Waits for return.*

kmd stole my thoughts while reading so:

caught up and posting my lack of thought here...
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #20) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:49 am

Post by Light-kun »

afatchic wrote:LK- KMD stole what thoughts of yours? can you elaborate for us. and yeah i agree we need more participation. and what happened your playing has drastically changed?
KMD already reprimanded you for Power Role talk.

Of course we need more particpation.

My play style changed because SirD (among others) told me to chill the **** out. (Not in those words, but I post roughly once a day. So, I am still making laps around the average post of each person in this thread. As a result, I am trying to resist posting at all or just catching up unless I need to say something or my scum-dar* goes off.)

*Patten pending.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (isolation #21) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by Light-kun »

hitogoroshi wrote:
afatchic wrote: Hito. what makes you think that LK is the most likely scum at this point?
He just seems to be "suspecting" anyone he thinks he can, but melting away when faced with any real resistance. I know if I think someone is scum, and I meet resistance, I push and push rather than just saying "Oh, he can't be scum, he said so." Whereas L-K basicially tried to suspect someone, failed, and then said "LOL ME BEIN DUMB ^-^" before moving on and voting someone else to start the whole cycle anew.
Although, in simple terms, I do not disagree, I think that your reason is flawed.

I *recall* Brandi's biggest threat being a FoS (in my direction). However, this is very cautious play and thus scummy to me.

Her last two posts consist of: "Hey, I am rereading, real post later, kay, bye."

Quite frankly, she is too cautious and now a little lurky. So, I am maintaining my vote till her return. (I think I said this what, four times?)
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #22) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:34 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Wow, that tells us absolutely nothing... but, she is cute... So I should forgive her.... Or, wait... No, love is the reason most people screw up... Gah.. think, what does this mean?

Anyway:

Unvote

I now really have no reason to vote the one who takes her place...
afatchic wrote:i dont know. what you see as innocent town i take as a scum slip up.
FoS: Afatchic

Look, pick a side. You cannot vote and be angry at me in one post, then flip to defending me, and then flip back, and then defend me... You just can't do it. Seriously, I *would* be concerned about your views and actually try to argue against them, but every other post, you flip.

At first, I thought: okay, maybe he is mulling it over in his mind about my response to his first (second?) post. But no, you are on the fence post and that is not helping town.
Show
Town: 2-3-0
Mafia: 1-0-0
Neu~: 0-0-0
-neu: 0-1-0
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #23) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:29 am

Post by Light-kun »

afatchic:
Post #1: Attacks me with decent reasons.

I respond to his attacks.

#2:Further attacking about forgetting who my vote was on, that honestly doesn't make a lot of sense to me...

#3: Concludes that my center of attention play was anti town, but not scummy. At the end of his second paragraph,he says that forgetting my vote is strange, but apparently not scummy. The rest of the posts says that he had reasons to think I'm scummy, but he just said that those reasons didn't make me scummy but were strange or anti town.

This post here seems like he isn't really sure if I am scum. He admits that my play isn't inherently scummy, but strange and not protown.

#4: This is the big no no post were he speculates I am power role or scum. Wait..., no, that can't be right... He is going to pressure me until he has evidence I'm not mafia. This is some super high expectations.

Super high expectations aside, he thinks that I might not be scummy because my strange play indicates PR. Again, instead of sticking to the one argument from post 1 and 2, he seems to think that I am potentially not scummy in 3 and 4.

#7: He asks for my opinion of who mafia is.

I don't play a ton of forum mafia, but I don't see how the opinions of someone you suspect help you greatly... Especially when anyone they accused could be wifomed into actually being either side if the person asked flipped mafia. So, does he think I am town aligned or not as scummy as he thought?

#8: Reiterates reasons to vote me... Says that my response agrees with him. (Which I do, because, as he explained, his attacks are because they were either stupid [ie anti town] or "strange." But not scummy.)

He flips here to resume his stance that I am probably scum.

#11: Says that forgetting my vote isn't townie error but a scum slip. (HOW!?)

So, in some posts, he seems to think I am definitely scum and in others anti town. "Defend" is definitely the wrong word. However, he just seems to be making some room for himself in case he is wrong about me, which is the reason for the big bad meaningless bold FoS. (Sorry, tried to cut this down as much as possible.)
Show
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #24) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:47 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Okay, well, as a townie, I have to answer the question and pray merit comes from my opinions. But my point is that *IF* I were scum, I could say person X is the scummiest of everyone (excluding myself), and if I flipped scum, X could be partner or not. It can be viewed either way and is completely pointless to think he is or isn't scum based on what I said. So, yeah, no point in that...

Still, if I had to pick scum right now (and I am guessing 1/4th of the town is scum), then I would probably pick one of the major lurkers to be a scum. So, probably Drake (who replaced Dalt) could be a possible scum.

The second is probably someone who is fairly pro town, looks to be pretty good at face value, and I would guess either Hito or Overcaffinated not because they are scummy per se, but because they are good in their post, but rarer than the major contributors. I would probably lean OC though.

Still, I could be completely off. There isn't anyone who has seemed particularly scummy, and I will admit that the above doesn't mean I think they *have* to be scum, but I would make that guessed based on my vibes from the game.

This is to answer you earlier question, afatchic, but at the moment, no one mentioned deserves my vote. *Is still waiting on some replacements to post though... game is still suspiciously lacking activity.*
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (isolation #25) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Granted, this has not been my best game ever, but how am I supposed to argue a case that, aside from the fact that I am not scum, is true?

Hito, my only real problem with your 207 post is that it indicates that you highly value being alive in this game. Granted, no one on either side WANTS to die, but scum would be more inclined to cling on to life than a townie. Minor FoS.

*******Typed earlier, but not posted due to company coming over*************

Second: "Why are did you single out Brandi and not FFB?"

FFB was supposedly going to return after the 29th, and by the time that rolled over, I had already focused on Brandi, but switching focus would have been viewed as "vote hopping." After she asked for replacement,I reasoned that since the 29th was Friday, it didn't seem to be that far fetched that maybe he didn't want to play the weekend he got back? I dunno, his seems less like lurking and more like a disappearance. On the other hand, Brandi just kept stalling and avoiding serious discussion, which more equates to lurking than the absence of FFB.

Also, I (think that I) have yet to accuse SirD of lurking.. he has been fairly active...
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (isolation #26) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by Light-kun »

There is no finished game in which I am scum. *Since I am currently in four games, this statements indicates that I may or may not be scum in any of them.*

Second: Even to defend myself, I wouldn't use Meta analysis. I don't really think it can be trusted.

Look, normally, I don't care how I look that much.But at L-2, any player would be a bit more wary of their posts and actions.

Next,. and most importantly:
I was voting Brandi. Even if FFB is lurking, there is nothing I can do to him without taking off my vote on Brandi, except a FoS, but since I have concluded that FFB is absent (ie, not reading the thread) this is pointless. FFB doesn't deserve leniency IF and WHEN he comes back. At this point, I assume he will be replaced (and I am very surprised to see that he has not been replaced yet), and when the replacements comes in, it is nearly impossible to pursue the absent play of FFB because the replacement wouldn't know why he up and left. Brandi was a more obvious lurker, closer to the active lurking Omni is being accused of by afatchic.

Finally, my death is fine, but I would prefer to die only if it helps town.
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (isolation #27) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:17 am

Post by Light-kun »

If two people, by general town have to be mafia, and the town will win when both die regardless of all other events (usually except for day kills), then my death helps town (assuming it comes down to myself and another person).

However, this doesn't seem to be a likely case on this mafia. (Has played more IRC games than forum, which is actually not the best way to learn mafia in hindsight.)

Someone2 hasn't given me any reads either way yet. Although, his activity has decreased. I think he was kind of active about 3 pages ago...
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #28) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:19 pm

Post by Light-kun »

No. I am saying that necessarily. Granted, that may help, but that isn't exactly what I mean. Take it for face value: If my death could somehow benefit town (and I am not scum, hidden subtext), then I am fine with it. (Modified, hopefully, for clarity.)
afatchic wrote:honestly, i still don't get that statement. are you saying that you are town and it is helping the town to get rid of you so the odds are better for a mafia lynch the next time? if it came down to you and someone else and you knew you was town it would still be more helpful to the town to kill you then the other one? i still don't like this post.
Sorry, but I am not really sure what you are asking...

@Kmd: It was a stray thought I added because it is true, but if what you say eventually comes true, then yes. I should be lynched. However, there is a low chance that my death will assist town...
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #29) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Interesting...
I am not sure, but according to your analysis, SirD hasn't posted much on who has been scummy aside from myself and a FoS on afatchic. This thought process indicates he has come to conclude that I am scum and must be lynched (which seems to the case), but he also has a bit of tunnlevision. I, personally, thought his theory posts had the merit that going against theory might lead to pressure vote, but you suggest this is not the case. Either way, I personally feel (at this moment) that he is more town than not. (This comes from working with him as town align mafia in a recently ended game. His thoughts were an open book to me for pregame and N1, and that is fairly helpful.)

Last night, I typed a response to Cop, but it refused to post. So, here is my post in response to that:

Actually, I agree... I am sitting here thinking: Why didn't I think of that? The Drake portion is certainly a good find that I overlooked...

Hm... FFB... at this point I want to vote him because it has been an exceedingly long time, but as I explained before, it seems more like a disappearance. Now, if one takes the above posts, the pressure votes that would have followed could have yielded fantastic information. However, I lack the motivation behind the disappearance. It is either someone who legitimately forget this game, or it is scum who intentionally bailed because he felt unable to save his position at that point. Either way (or by other cause), it would be virtually impossible hope to get answers from a replacement (who simply wouldn't know), and thus pressure voting him is useless. Albeit, the case is somewhat there, it just can't be supported due to potential (and likely) circumstance. Would he run out as scum like this, or is it more likely just circumstance (as I am thinking)?

Overall, the analysis was insightful, so thanks for your opening opinions. Cop.
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (isolation #30) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:52 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Mod: Vote count please.

... I have read up to this point, and I have nothing to say, just requesting the count and acknowledging I have read. Be here if you have questions.
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (isolation #31) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:08 am

Post by Light-kun »

afatchic wrote:LK what do you think about sensfan not answering my question? does it at all seem scummy to you?
I didn't. Actually, I figured that he had a reason and was trying to make a point, so I was just remaining silent. (Albeit, I didn't really know WHAT his point was, but it seemed like he was trying to make one.)

At this point, it seems very anti-town, but not inherently scummy. I say this because scum have no reason to stall unless deadline was tomorrow.
afatchic wrote:Lk i didn't realize you aren't voting. is this because nobody seems scummy? or are there multiple people that seem scummy and you aren't sure who to vote for? please explain your thoughts to us.
No, I'm not voting. And the reason is because nobody seems very scummy. Just recently anti town, or so slightly scummy that it seems like a townie who wasn't careful with his post. *sighs* I don't know much aside from my suspects in one of my past post, which includes about 4 people that I lightly suspected at the time.
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (isolation #32) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:10 am

Post by Light-kun »

Ebwop:

Cross post. I am only voting to help SirD force Sens to give reasons.

Vote: Sensfan
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (isolation #33) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:05 am

Post by Light-kun »

As stated before, my vote is ONLY for pressure voting and to help SirD reach about L-3 or even 2 if getting information (which, in my opinion, is obvious) is that important. I do not think that Sensfan is necessarily scum, but excluding myself, this is the most extreme anti town behavior thus far, hence my vote.

I will be unvoting as soon as I judge it to no longer be needed. However, if these events leads me to the conclusion that Sensfan should be lynched, my vote would, naturally, remain.
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (isolation #34) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by Light-kun »

SensFan wrote:
afatchic wrote:so why couldn't you answer from the beginning?
Because we wouldn't have gotten all of these juicy reactions.
So far, you have failed to draw any conclusions or new information from your reaction. At least, you have been annoying as hell, and at most, you have delayed the game for some unknown reason. You gave a so called PBPA on me, but quite frankly, you firmly resulted that I am: indecisive, wrong on theory, and at one point, confused. All of these are true, but they are closer to amateur mistakes, not scum mistakes. And even then, you drew no conclusions from you PBPA. Sure, you voted me, but you haven't given reasons, you summarized what everyone knew, and withheld your reasoning for reactions, but that didn't do much.

Confirmvote: Sensfan
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (isolation #35) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:27 am

Post by Light-kun »

Sensfan wrote: I'd like you to explain why waiting less than 24 hours to explain myself is 'annoying as hell' or 'delay[ing] the game".
Your actions were annoying (as hell). This is opinion. Get over it.
Sensfan wrote: Thanks for the admission. You going to self-vote (for the third time, might I add!) yourself, too?
Admission? *laughs* You are an idiot. I restated what you concluded, which is nothing new, and they are all things I have agreed with when OTHER people said them.
Sensfan wrote:Don't pull the Newb card in a non-Newb game. Besides, modesty aside, I pride myself on being far better than the average player at telling NewbTown from NewbScum.
I am not pulling the "newb card." While I am relatively newer than most of the players here, I would never defend my actions with the arguement of "I'm a newb, so just forget about it, okay thanks."

My *point* is that your reasoning does NOT indicate: Light is scum. It is closer to: Light is newb.
Sensfan wrote:And even then, you drew no conclusions from you PBPA.
Actually, I drew plenty.
What happened to the whole thing that I need to *die* before you draw any conclusions...?
Sensfan wrote: Pretty sure I gave a ton of opinions in that post. If you want, I could go back and count the number of times the word 'useless' appears...
"Useless" in that post is a useless opinion.

Finally: As a note, "better as fuck" made me laugh. Am I getting under your skin, or are you always so prone to get pissed off when a player doesn't just lie down and die?
SensFan wrote:
omni wrote:I'm always iffy about this search thing "oh here's a game where I did this so I MUST be town now too" I think it's just a really lame cover,
I think you are missing the point. Obviously, I might be Scum here. I was just pointing out that, for me, holding back information temporarily is not a scumtell.
I (more or less) agree, but I find it to be generally anti-town.
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (isolation #36) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:24 pm

Post by Light-kun »

*Claps*

Well, this has been fun and rather interesting, and I feel like Sens' can draw his conclusions from this.

I claim Cop. Scum, care to counter claim?

Sorry Sens for calling you an idiot, but I would take more offense to your "fuck" comments than my idiot. Interesting to see how you (and other) players would react.
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (isolation #37) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Not really offensive, I take a punch pretty well. Didn't even consider Idiot to be a personal attack, just funzies. *Seriously though, the whole Omni thing, complete accident. I am not NEAR good enough to be that much of a ditz intentionally.*
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (isolation #38) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:33 am

Post by Light-kun »

SirD, to be honest, I am experimenting with a role I do not play very often. Unfotunately, I botched the experiment by screwing up with Omni earlier.

@Sensfan- If I am still your top suspect, then why did you unvote me? Hm... I wonder what this is leading to.

Back to SirD: I would like to see a well organized case against afatchic. To some extent, I see him as scummy, but I think given the new light (old for me) you (at everybody) may have a better perspective than I do since I was partially involved.

Finally: afatchic, While it is true that *normally* my claim would have come at a strange time, the circumstances make this a logical choice. Assuming everyone returns their votes, I would have 5-6 votes. And seeing as how anyone may decide (especially witht he comment about wrapping up day) to go ahead and lynch me, I went ahead a claimed.
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (isolation #39) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:56 pm

Post by Light-kun »

So, Sensfan, can you not draw any conclusions by assuming that I am town? I kind of expected something more from you.

Afatchic, I am pretty certain that KMD pointed out Someone2's case on you.

I don't have much to say... except:

Mod: Any news on FFB?
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (isolation #40) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:59 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Sens, that is actually pretty brilliant... except, what if mafia has a role blocking role?

But, to be honest: Afat as doc is almost too convenient. I don't like it. I won't vote him because of the claim on day one, but I still don't like it... not at all.

Anyway, taking my vote off sensfan

Unvote
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (isolation #41) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:23 am

Post by Light-kun »

O.O

Dammit KMD, now I really don't know who to choose. That is actually...a really good case on Omni...

@Sensfan: When has the mafia ever been dumb enough to not kill a cop if possible...?
And if we left it as is, then they could probably have both of them killed by a nk and tomorrow lynch. THAT would suck.

I am inclined to agree with the case. And since the only other "case" is on FFB (which is still too weak since FFB has been missing for a while), I am going to
Vote: Omni
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (isolation #42) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:42 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Sensfan, why do you make the assumption that scum is stupid?
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (isolation #43) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:20 am

Post by Light-kun »

:roll:

If town is about to do something really stupid and let major town roles die consecutively, then surel we should stop it.

I understand that he does not want to tell scum their best play, but still, setting it up like that could be horrible for town.

Bah, I almost feel like I am arguing theory, but I am adimittedly completely enexperienced. I will settle this thought process later and follow your advice to just shut up about it.

As a side note: Invicible cop is also missing? It has been a few pages, right?
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (isolation #44) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:41 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Finally, now we may be able to move on with this game.

*Waits for Electra to catch up.*
Show
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (isolation #45) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:38 pm

Post by Light-kun »

O.O

I must ask...

KMD, why did you not Counter Claim sooner?

Second:
Vote afatchic

There is no reason to do anything else.
Show

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”