Open 539: Stacks on Stacks (This is Game...Over.)

The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:05 pm

Post by The Silver Bard »

Hi guys.

If you are scum, please throw down a vote on me. I dare you!
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:16 pm

In post 6, Venrob wrote:
vote the silver bard

Not scum, but u askd 4 it.

v/la until 2014
sorry .... fanily visits.
Only scum please. If you are not, please remove it. As it will make you look bad.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:00 am

I think I will shoot one of ABR, cristovo or RedCoyote. Since they have decided not to come play that is. What do you guys think? Should I go for it? Or is there anyone of them you want me to take out of my hitlist?
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #3) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:51 am

Mod: Can we get a prod on cristovo017 and Albert B. Rampage.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #4) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:59 am

This is not RVS:
Umbrage's posts smell of nervousness, where he is trying to act casual. He promises to come back for RVS, forgets and conveniently puts a vote on someone who just a post before says he have no access until 2014 and he justifies his “question” for him by he’s coming back at some point.

Umbrage walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.

VOTE: Umbrage
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:04 am

I think everyone should move out of RVS now. For instance voting me because of my avatar should no longer be acceptable.

I have voiced an opinion on Umbrage, do you guys agree or disagree? Is it worth a vote on him, or maybe me?

RVS is fine as long as there is nothing going on in the game. Now there is, so take some stances.

Also don't be suspicious of me, I am obviously town!
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:06 am

Now that I am confirmed feel free to buddy up to me.

Also anyone that wants can join THE BARDS CIRCLE, where all the cool town kids discuss the scummy looking ones! Only criteria for joining are that you are open and willing to discuss your reads, and you are able to do so in a constructive way.

PS: Membership in THE BARDS CIRCLE may or may
not
grant you confirmed town status, liberating you from any scrutiny and/or votes.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:12 am

Venrob is probably town. Those who pushed for him though needs to be looked into. I find that wagon opportunistic. I can see one fairly obvious scum on his wagon though, but I will keep it to myself for now. I’d rather see if the rest of you can see it as well.

Also UNVOTE: That vote and reasoning was only to get reactions, but I got none.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:49 am

In post 66, anorway wrote:Oh and UNVOTE: Umbrage
Why are you voting Umbrage? (Living in the richest country in the world, and you don't even have a reason behind your vote, IT SHOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE!!)

In post 84, Umbrage wrote:oh man I really wanna lynch Venrob

I don't want to play the whole game with YOU GUYS AREN'T LISTENING TO ME I'M A VANILLA TOWNIE WAH WAH V/LA FINE GO AHEAD HAMMER ME I GIVE UP

and did anyone else see this:
In post 57, Venrob wrote:Anyway, setup stuff; there is a small trick to the setup. If scum pick 2 roles and do not recruit (either 2 +daytalk or just 2) then goon cop is useless and gets same result on everyone. By choosing daytalk aswell there is a better chance of giving town the useless goon cop. If i were scum Id prob do this.
rolefishing to find out how the goon cop works?

idk, I'm just saying don't write him off as town just because of his little meltdown

@ Bard: this early in the game, bandwagoning isn't a serious tell

I think I'm going to VOTE: RedCoyote.

Tell me, how did you get from "go ahead and lynch Venrob he's anti-town regardless of alignment" to "nope he's genuine imma vote someone for getting rid of an RVS vote" in under an hour?
This early nothing is a serious tell. But going after an easy target is something I find suspicious. Is there no one on the Venrob wagon you find suspicious?
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #9) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:14 am

@ RC: I actually misread it. I was thinking he voted Umbrage there, not unvoted. Don't know how I misread it so bad, but yeah, my question is invalid then. The part in the () was a joke btw ;) anorway will get it :P

I meant Venrob at the time was an easy lynch, or to be more precise an easy target to pick on because of how he responded when I was revealed as IC. It is very easy for scum to throw in a vote on him at that point, and that was my point.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #10) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:02 am

In post 118, TvK wrote:Bard, who is your biggest scumread at the moment?
I'd rather not tell atm. I will in good time before the deadline though.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:02 am

Scum found

Albert B. Rampage is scum. Intentionally antagonizing someone who is allready pissed off seems like scumtactics.

VOTE: Albert B. Rampage
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (isolation #12) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:04 am

Do not lynch Venrob, he is just an agitated townie. Also don't replace him. Him selfvoting is giving the town alot of info. For instance there is guaranteed scum on his wagon.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (isolation #13) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:19 am

In post 155, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 153, The Silver Bard wrote:Scum found

Albert B. Rampage is scum. Intentionally antagonizing someone who is allready pissed off seems like scumtactics.

It's not a scum tactic. Look at my relationship with PB in this game 6 months ago:

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31485
I don't care about your selfmeta, so I won't even bother reading it.

You are either scum, if not I am ok with lynching you for crying to the mod about replacements...
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (isolation #14) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:19 am

In post 156, Acidic_TACO wrote:

Somehow I doubt this will go anywhere...
Reason being, calling him scum for being rude isn't exactly the most sound reason. If he was scum he wouldn't need to do anything other then wait for the hammer to come down. What Albert said seems more like advice than an attack.
OK, if Venrob is town. Who is then scum? Just humor me be answering this.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #15) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:28 am

In post 159, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Here's the story. PB was crying the entire Day 1 for us to lynch him. Archaebob and I called for a force replace for playing against his wincon. Instead, PB replaces out by himself, and then other players got mad and replaced out too. It turns out that PB was scum all along, and those who followed him out of the game were his buddies. Scum won that.
So scum won, did PB play against his wincondition then and scum won in spite of him or what?

If you believe Venrob is scum, why would you ask the mod to replace him? Instead of letting him hang himself by the way he plays (if you think it is scummy). It would makes sense if you knew he was town though, and pretending to care enough about the town that you actually asked for a replacement, while still lynching him.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #16) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:35 am

In post 160, Acidic_TACO wrote:
In post 158, The Silver Bard wrote:
In post 156, Acidic_TACO wrote:

Somehow I doubt this will go anywhere...
Reason being, calling him scum for being rude isn't exactly the most sound reason. If he was scum he wouldn't need to do anything other then wait for the hammer to come down. What Albert said seems more like advice than an attack.
OK, if Venrob is town. Who is then scum? Just humor me be answering this.
Why? All you are is a comf town that with every post you make gets on my nerves more and more. I'm not going to give you a single hunch of mine til you stop acting so damn bossy.
Whatever. Do what you want for all I care. I'll just ignore every single thing you say to me. Hmmf, quotes me, defends with some random shits, and then refuses to answer even the simplest question. This Taco dude is a good bet for scumpartner with ABR
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #17) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:38 am

@Venrob don't give up, it is just scum trying yo piss you off. Unvote yourself and vote ABR or Taco.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #18) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:46 am

Don't talk about ego if you can't even do a simple thing as list your second biggest scumread, because "someone is being bossy". It is either you having a to big ego yourself, or simply you refusing to give reads because you are scum.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #19) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:48 am

Taco is more likely scum than ABR. Join the train, thank me postgame.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Acidic_TACO
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (isolation #20) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:57 am

In post 167, Acidic_TACO wrote:
In post 165, The Silver Bard wrote:Don't talk about ego if you can't even do a simple thing as list your second biggest scumread, because "someone is being bossy". It is either you having a to big ego yourself, or simply you refusing to give reads because you are scum.
In reality I just got of the hospital and am not feeling up to composing a read.
Also you lied about ignoring me, do I detect a similar temper?
Yeah, I am being pissy, so I'll piss off to bed, and let you guys have your fun.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #21) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:11 pm

In post 170, TvK wrote:

I guess you never played with Albert before...
In post 154, The Silver Bard wrote:Do not lynch Venrob, he is just an agitated townie. Also don't replace him. Him selfvoting is giving the town alot of info. For instance there is guaranteed scum on his wagon.
No, this guarantees that a lot of people hate his play and would really want to policy lynch him. His self-voting says nothing about scum or no scum on his wagon.
In post 166, The Silver Bard wrote:Taco is more likely scum than ABR. Join the train, thank me postgame.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Acidic_TACO
Bard, being an innocent child means that you're confirmed town. It does not mean that you're confirmed right and you should vote anyone who disagrees with you.
If Venrob flips scum I am willing to policy lynch him forever in all games I play together with him. Because I find faked rage and defensive posts where you excuse your play with sickness and such really bad taste if you lie about it. His reaction is frustrated town or asshole scum.

I am not voting Taco because we disagree, I am voting him for not being able to answer one easy question, and instead resorting to discrediting and antagonizing of a confirmed town. It would make more sense for town to cooperate don't you think?
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (isolation #22) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:07 am

Oh man, this was a bad game for town. Scum did a good job going with the flow that the town created. This is what I think of the game:

Venrob

His lynch was nothing but a policy lynch, and a pretty poor one as well. Quickhammering a player that was antagonized from the get go had to go wrong. And I agree with our host when he says he won’t forcereplace selfvoters. There are many reasons to selfvote as town:
- Gain information.
- Take a doomed slot out of the game. If you believe you can survive a day, but will be instantpushed the next day, it might be better to get lynched.
- Fair play, compared to replacing out. Replacing out when under pressure is one of the most dickish moves I see in mafiagames. Especially when the meta is new player-clean sheet (who the fuck came up with such a shit idea!?!?). It is bad mannered towards the opposite team.

I would forcereplace ABR for his “Replace Venrob post”. Regardless of alignment this is totally unnecessary, and would warrant a forcereplace any day if I hosted a game (and I would ask for a short ban as well, but I doubt there is such a thing on this site). If you feel someone is ruining the game, PM the host, don’t use out of game threats to antagonize players. I am not saying DBK should have forcereplaced ABR, he is free to make his own judgement, but I would definitely do so (and it would be a shame for the scumteam, as ABR played a pretty good game after this).

I would have also forced replace out Umbrage for his “I am to pissed to play this game post”, as he clearly states he is playing against his winconditions. I would do this regardless of alignment, if not it would only confirm a slot as town.

Set-up

I like the concept with scum being able to pick their powers, and in turn getting counterpowerroles in town. But I didn’t like the town powerroles who was in the game. From best to worst you have:

Roleblocker:
This is a good role, and if the rb hits the scumkiller on any night a confirmed scum is found.
Tracker
: Same thing as with the roleblocker, only that he don’t prevent the kill.
Innocent Child:
A good role if a town powerhouse gets it, and town actually bothers listen. But if a player like me get it, and with players like TACO and TvK more focused on working against the confirmed player then trying to work together with, it is absolutely a useless role. If town work together with the IC, the scum is forced to as well.
Bodyguard
: 1 shot doctor, who dies. Ah, pretty bad if you ask me. Only good use is if there is a weak player who gets it, and who manages to protect a confirmed townplayer late.
Goon Cop
: A bastard role. At least in this set up. 1 player who returns goon, rest return no-goon. And the check is basically useless, and in worst case scenario leads to the goon cop believing a scum is town, if he misread his role.

If town had gotten the vig instead of the goon cop, and perhaps a IC, who could choose when to reveal, then I’d be more satisfied with the roles.

Return to “Completed Open Games”