Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:21 am

Post by Uite »

Really, ConSpiracy, you want to no-lynch? Why on Earth do you think that's a good idea?
[ɜytə] — Ceterum censeo spumam delendam esse

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:22 am

Post by Uite »

Oops, forgot to add my vote:

VOTE: ConSpiracy

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:58 am

Post by Uite »

Tell me why you chose Shattered Viewpoint over AurorusVox, since you seem to be simply hopping on the biggest wagon.

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (isolation #3) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:39 am

Post by Uite »

So yeah, lots to respond to. Unfortunately, I'm a bit pressed for time right now, so I'll have to get back to it tonight. Expect a more detailed post then.

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:07 am

Post by Uite »

Ugh, I can't do a full analysis of what's happened so far right now. There's a lot of good stuff here, but trying to digest it makes my head hurt too much. It's late and I'm tired, so I'll keep it to the more immediate stuff. I'll keep the actual analysis for later. It'll come though, don't worry about that.

First off, asking people to explain themselves does not mean that the person doing so is automatically scum.
RedCoyote wrote:
Uite 22 wrote:Tell me why you chose Shattered Viewpoint over AurorusVox, since you seem to be simply hopping on the biggest wagon.
Huh? Why would he necessarily choose AV? He gives a reason for voting SV. Do you not agree with it? Why are you trying to paint it like he's just "hopping on the biggest wagon"? This seems forced.
What it looked like to me was that the two seemed pretty much equal, both having people on their case, so I was curious why the reasoning for Shattered Viewpoint held up in his opinion, while the reasoning for AurorusVox didn't.
ConSpiracy wrote:Uite tried to get us out of the RVS, just as others did. Nothing scummy about it.
Exactly.
Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Everyone not voting should either do so or explain why they're not. I still believe in the page 3 scum lynch.
Just noting that everyone was already voting at that point. Sloppy.
aaah400 wrote:@RC i cannot write much so i try to keep it simple but turns out too simple, and of course i should read my posts to check if it makes sense. Most of the time im on my phone and its quite difficult for me to write.
Please don't play from your phone. From what I've seen, it takes away your ability to look back and reflect on what's happening, which lead to bad play. This goes for everyone, btw.
ConSpiracy wrote:Uite and Shattered: Thoughts of each other's and aah's wagon/scummyness?
I'm undecided about Shattered Viewpoint so far. As for aaah400, he does seems somewhat scummy to me. Especially the spiel with Cogito Ergo Sum, who seems even worse for this. It feels staged to me.
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:I think Uite, with FOUR WHOLE POSTS, is likely a scumlurker.
Nope, just got really busy the past few days. It should clear up next week; vacation, yay!

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (isolation #5) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:02 am

Post by Uite »

First off, I'm visiting my parents this weekend, so I probably won't be able to post again till Monday. However, as I've mentioned before, I have next week off, so I should have plenty of time to go in-depth then.
RedCoyote wrote:
Uite 111 wrote:What it looked like to me was that the two seemed pretty much equal, both having people on their case, so I was curious why the reasoning for Shattered Viewpoint held up in his opinion, while the reasoning for AurorusVox didn't.
This isn't much of a response. I'll hold out for your promised analysis. As I said, CS had a reason for voting SV. Did you or did you not agree with it? You completely dodged my questions.
The reason itself was fairly meh, just standard RVS fare, though the fact that he was blatantly sheeping DRK, combined with both wagons seeming fairly equal to me, prompted me to question him on it.

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (isolation #6) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:44 am

Post by Uite »

My next post will probably be the big post you've all been waiting for. This is just catching up however, and I'll get started on the analysis right after this. I can already tell it's going to take several hours, so please be patient. I really hope to get it done tonight, but otherwise I'll finish it tomorrow. Of course, since I'll be on for the next couple of hours, if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!

Also, anyone who claims that I'm lurking can suck it; I've posted on average every 24 hours. That's not lurking by any stretch if the imagination.

Anyway, on to current affairs: aaah400's long post is really bad. It's a lot of words, but he doesn't actually say anything. It's just a big pile of IoA. The fact that he concludes with a bunch of FoSes, (more than there are scum in this game!) but actually unvotes is also very bad.

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (isolation #7) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:13 am

Post by Uite »

aaah400 wrote:
Vote - Uite
ive been waiting for Uite's bug post and its not coming.
It is coming. It's just that I keep getting distracted, and as a result, my pace is excruciatingly slow. Sorry about that.
aaah400 wrote:And of course
Anyway, on to current affairs: aaah400's long post is really bad. It's a lot of words, but he doesn't actually say anything. It's just a big pile of IoA. The fact that he concludes with a bunch of FoSes, (more than there are scum in this game!) but actually unvotes is also very bad.
what is this?. And i have stated that i couldnt keep up so i had to summarize on the way. and of course ill believe u have just skim read it without reading it in depth
That may be true, but that doesn't take away what you actually did, which is post a summary of the game so far, without analysis, reducing the value of that particular post to zero. And what compelled you to post it anyway, when it is not actually contributing anything?

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (isolation #8) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:49 am

Post by Uite »

aaah400 wrote:Oh so im on L-1, I claim my self to be Vanilla townie
This is ridiculous. If my count is correct, you only have four votes, from Cogito Ergo Sum, AurorusVox, Shattered Viewpoint and mothrax.

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (isolation #9) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:05 pm

Post by Uite »

@aaah400
The lack of awareness of your own actions you're displaying here is startling. I really don't know what to think of it. For most of the game you haven't had your vote on anyone, though your initial random vote on silverbullet999 stayed for a while. Other than that, you've only briefly had your vote on me, SV and now CES.

You really can't keep your story straight at all, which means that you're just making everything up as you go along, which means that you are scum.

VOTE: aaah400

P.S. I'm still not progressing very fast with my reread, I'm now on page 6. Watch this space for updates.

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (isolation #10) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:28 pm

Post by Uite »

ConSpiracy wrote:Uite - where the hell is your catch up vote going to? And same thing as above with your name changed with CES.
Like I said, it's going very slowly, because I'm reading closely, taking a lot of notes along the way. The fact that I keep getting distracted doesn't help either, and just reading one page can take more than an hour at my pace and that is when I'm actually looking at the thread. Still, I'm on the 8th page of my notebook right now, so yeah, once it's done, it's going to be worth it.

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (isolation #11) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by Uite »

You misunderstand. I'm not catching up, I've read everything so far, and am pretty much current on things. What I
am
doing is re-reading, and trying to see if I can find stuff that isn't immediately obvious. For that, I need a detailed
analysis
of what's going on, which I haven't seen to much of so far, though there is definitely plenty to go on.

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (isolation #12) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:18 pm

Post by Uite »

silverbullet999 wrote:-Con
Interesting. Can you link that newbie game? I'd like to take a look in it.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14261
Heh, that was my very first game on site, and I don't think it's all that accurate for my play. My wiki has a nice list of all my games. My more recent games are a lot more relevant.

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (isolation #13) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:33 pm

Post by Uite »

That's true, and I'm working on it. To give you an indication of both the rigour and the slow pace at which I'm doing this, I've got three more pages in my notebook written today, though it's only about half a forum page.

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (isolation #14) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by Uite »

I wish I could. My pace has been highly variable, but mostly slow. If my memory serves me right, the later pages are a little less packed, and I feel I can make good progress tonight though. I might be able to get up to page 10 or so, I think.

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (isolation #15) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:01 pm

Post by Uite »

That's nice. In the meantime, could you tell us who you're actually looking at for scum right now?

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (isolation #16) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:33 pm

Post by Uite »

So you don't really have suspects, despite there being plenty to go on.

For instance, what do you think of the aaah400 wagon? It sorta featured in your discussion with DemonHybrid, but you never really commented on it.

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (isolation #17) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by Uite »

Yeah, a bit of reasoning would be appreciated, since you spoke out in favour of it earlier on.
silverbullet999 wrote:*Supports the ... (what's aaah's wagon called?)*
Why the change of heart?

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (isolation #18) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:53 pm

Post by Uite »

Gotcha. Interestingly, SV is claiming the opposite, based on more or less the same reasoning. What about that?

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (isolation #19) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:21 am

Post by Uite »

ConSpiracy's death is very odd. Consider that there are
two
compulsive killers in the game, yet there is only one dead body. Because the Jailkeeper is currently a scum role ConSpiracy had to have been killed by scum. This can mean one of several things:
  • Both the scum and the Vig targeted the same person
  • The Vig's target was protected by the Jailkeeper
  • The Vig himself was targeted by the Jailkeeper
Which one of these it is, I'm not sure of, though each of the scenarios has their own interesting implications.
DeathRowKitty wrote:I already gave the mod a piece of my mind and I'm not going to clutter the thread rehashing reasons, but that modkill was absolutely terrible.
Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Modkill was indeed terrible. There's no reason to ban spoiler tags.
I third this motion. Spoiler tags don't actually hide any information.
aaah400 wrote:vote:Uite he did want to lynch CS throughout the game until he wanted to hop on the wagon which the wagon was me. im still watching CES and SV
Interesting. While it's true that my vote was on CS for a good part of Day 1, I wasn't actively calling for his lynch. CES on the other hand, was very vocal about getting you lynched for the entire game past RVS. So why does that make me more likely scum than him?

VOTE: aaah400

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (isolation #20) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:05 am

Post by Uite »

Tell me if you find any mistakes here, because I believe my logic is sound. Basically, this is my reasoning:
  1. We know that
  2. Both the Vigilante and the scum have made a shot. They can't not shoot according to their role PM's, though the target may be random.
  3. Only ConSpiracy, who is town, was killed Night 1
  4. The Vigilante is town
  5. The Jailkeeper is scum
1 and 2 mean that either the vig and scum targeted the same player, or something happened to prevent one kill. Otherwise, there would have been two deaths. Since the Jailkeeper is scum, and in all likelyhood they would want to kill somebody, they would not jailkeep their nightkill target or the one to submit their nightkill. This means that the scumkill will simply go through. From the fact that we have only one corpse, ConSpiracy, that means the scum
must
have targeted him.

As for what happened to the vig's kill, that's less straightforward, but we do know there has been only one kill, which like I said earlier, can have basically two causes: either he targeted the same player as the scum, or something messed with his shot. In case it's the former, that raises the question why CS would be an attractive target to both. If it's the latter, there are again two options, due to the jailkeeper being the only role able to mess with kills, but his ablity being two-fold. The options are that either the vig was blocked, or his target was protected. Unfortunately, at this point, it's impossible to deduce which of these two latter scenarios is the truth if the former isn't what actually happened.
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:I'm not voting till I see a votecount, and I'm too lazy/busy to do one myself.
Unofficial votecount coming right up!
  • [
    ]
    Shattered Viewpoint
    ~
    DeathRowKitty
    Riceballtail
    RedCoyote

[
    ]
    aaah400
    ~
    Cogito Ergo Sum
    AurorusVox
    Uite

[
    ]
    Uite
    ~
    aaah400

Not voting:
    BlenBlen
    DemonHybrid
    don_johnson
    Shattered Viewpoint

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (isolation #21) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:50 am

Post by Uite »

Shattered Viewpoint wrote:
@Mod:
May the Mafia submit "No Kill"? May the Vig submit "No Kill"?

The wording of the PM says "may" -- so I'm wondering if they submit No Kill if a target will be randomized anyway.
I hadn't considered that possibility, so I'd like to know as well. I do think it's a lot more likely for the Vig to no-kill, but even that seems unlikely to me, since there are plenty if valid targets, in my opinion.

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (isolation #22) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:38 am

Post by Uite »

Do you have any reasons we shouldn't?

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (isolation #23) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:27 am

Post by Uite »

@mod:
I'm fairly sure that with 11 players alive, it's 6 to lynch. Also, silverbullet999 seems to suffer from a case of modkilled.

Return to “Completed Open Games”