Open 225 - Mafia Down Under - Game Over!

Wacka Alpaca
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:41 am

Post by Wacka Alpaca »

ha, I've never been a fan of the RVS stage, so imma stay on no vote for now, this is post a simple "Hello!" post to all my fellow players!
I'm excited to have some fun!
"He talked about justice, but nobody stirred. He felt like an outcast, alone in the herd." - Cows With Guns
http://i42.tinypic.com/sc6wp1.png
Wacka Alpaca
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:40 am

Post by Wacka Alpaca »

Hey again, I want to say that the reason I dislike the RVS stage, is because usually people get too narrow visioned on someone.
And usually, becuase they decided to be aggresive on this one person in the RVS stage, they really have no evidence or anything to make them think they are scum.

I do understand the purpose of RVS, to get everyone to post, to get discussion going, but, I prefer to use my votes more professionaly.

Also there is that little thing were everyone hates me, and votes for me in rvs... makes me sad... :(
"He talked about justice, but nobody stirred. He felt like an outcast, alone in the herd." - Cows With Guns
Wacka Alpaca
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:53 pm

Post by Wacka Alpaca »

Ok, first, let me say, that Coke, is the best.
No question.

On an unrelated note, I hate Budja, and love Karma.

I am not saying that people tunnel in RVS, what I am trying to say, is that some people get TOO attached to who they decided to joke vote in RVS, and tunnel on them for the whole day.
I've seen it happen a lot.

It's the psychology that if I say you are suspicious enough, you start to seem suspicious to me, even when there is no evidence, which there isn't, becuase it is RVS.

And I never said I dislike the RVS stage as a form of STARTING a game, I just do not like it as a STRATEGY to get people to post more, or to try to APPEAR like a town crusador.
I've seen so many times an aggresive mafia tries to seem town by doing an assertive RVS, and people buy it and rule them out as suspects.

I would like to remind everyone that in RVS (If it truly is "Random") then no vote really matters, but because (Unless using a RNG) humans are incapable of making true random choice (They are always guided by past experience or thought processes), every vote DOES matter.
this is my roundabout way of saying that I feel the RVS stage is used to much to say "Pay no mind to me, it's RVS".

And so people know, I like to organize my posts into small paragraph-ish things like above, and I also love commas. Wacka also enjoys writing lenghty responses to any question, and enjoys answering.
If I failed to answer your question, or did so in a way you did not intend for me to take your question, please let me know so I can clear it up.

Now that Q&A is over, time for some minor analysis.
As I said above, no human can make a choice that is TRULY random (Without help), and as such, I would like to ask Budja why exactly he CHOSE to vote me, when it really is not necessary.
I would also like to point out that because he did infact CHOOSE to vote for me by actions and not RANDOMness, he has indeed left the RVS stage, and all actions taken by him should be considered "Fair Game".

So that Q again, Why did you vote for me Budja? what is your intention?
Wacka Alpaca
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #3) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:56 am

Post by Wacka Alpaca »

OK, well apparently I did not make it clear that "Hating" Budja, was because he liked Pepsi, and not coke. The inverse of course is that i "Love" Karma because he likes Coke over Pepsi.

And, I respond to every question, how is it suspicious to OFFER information on myself, to me, it would be much more suspicious to have come back and said something in a sentence or two.
DavidParker wrote:Vote: Wacka

Early wagons are good you say? Let's see what happens at L-1.
OK, where did this come from, this is looking extremely shifty to me, as you have basically bandwagonned on me for the sole reason that a player said it was a "Good" idea. Not very convincing. Especially when paired with the next quote.
DavidParker wrote:Well not posting a random vote is fine as long as you post something to get things started and acknowledge that RVS does have a purpose and isn't something to be "Frowned" upon.
If you say that thinking the RVS stage is unneeded, but then vote on me after saying this, it seems a little strange. I have stated that I believe the RVS stage has a PURPOSE, but I choose not to take part. I prefer to give my votes with atleast some reason. so what is the motive to vote for me? There is none.
Let's look at your other significant post.
DavidParker wrote: Hey guys, not much at all is happening, so, time for RQS : Random Question Stage.

1. Coke or Pepsi?
2. Do you prefer scum or town?
3. Lynch all active lurkers?
4. Lynch all liars?
This is a fine post to get the ball rolling, but it neither helps the town in any form, or reveal information about yourself. You simply offer up a survey for OTHERS to talk about and shift attention from you.

Overall, I am getting very wary of you, as you seem to be opportunistic.
Vote: DavidParker
Wacka Alpaca
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #4) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:16 pm

Post by Wacka Alpaca »

OK, as to the whole role claim business, they are ALWAYS a lie if the person is scum, OR the truth but it doesn't matter, OR the truth AND it is a power role of some kind that is pro-town.

I have NEVER trusted any role claim ever made because, you have nothing to lose as a scum by saying "I'm vanilla town".
There is ONLY motive to role claim if you are detective or doctor, but, by claiming that, you set yourself up for a night kill by mafia.

That is why I didn't bother with role claiming. (Also why I don't ask for role claims)
-----------------------------------
As to the point of me attacking another person instead of "Defending" myself, I offer this thought process which I always have believed in:

Defending yourself as a townie:
You say you are a townie, possibly defend saying things like "I am town!"
Saying this, makes you seem scummy because you are saying "I am town!"

Defending yourself as a scum:
You say you are a townie, BUT try to be more sneaky, and try to look more town than a town would try to look town.

It is a VERY thin line between the two, and I can't always decipher which is which (Don't deny it is difficult).

Also, other than my general "Defending yourself makes you look scummy because it gives people more ammuniton to attack you with" theory, I was also mafia-raised on Gheb, and therefore am aggressive in play by nature.

Those are my reasons towards attacking vs defending.

And now for questions for others,
Karma wrote:Why? I don't think anyone would quickhammer on Page 2.
Why are you so confident that a scum won't quick hammer and blame it on miscount or noobness, or other thing?

I've seen many games where this happens, then the hammer-er goes lurking and no case is made on him becuase of lack of text.

So that Q again, why are you so confident in putting someone at L-1?
Wacka Alpaca
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #5) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:11 am

Post by Wacka Alpaca »

I wasn't saying that that is a strat I would use, I said it was a strat I have seen OTHERS use, and a timid town couldn't commit to lynching them aswell.

I also agree that if someone hammers anyone on page two, you got some issues.

As for this:
Nopointinactingup wrote:My vote stays on EGL for his role-fishing.
I agree witht his, and this has put EGL in my area of suspicion.

And yea, Sc00t hasn't posted in a while, I would like to get his perspective on what is going on.
Wacka Alpaca
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #6) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:34 am

Post by Wacka Alpaca »

Hey, back after site move!
YAY.

Anyhoo, I guess everyone wants me to role claim, I have already stated my personal opinion on the "Role Claiming".
But w'ever.

Wacka Wacka Wacka Claims:
Vanilla Townie

But seriously, can someone explain what this usually accomplishes in a game? I used to play on a forum where mass role claim = instant game over, so, I am unfamiliar with it's practicality.
so please, if someone could elaborate.

Also, I guess... I want... Nopointinactingup to claim, because he was the one who brought the idea up.
Wacka Alpaca
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #7) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:58 pm

Post by Wacka Alpaca »

Hmm.... Karma is looking a bit opportunistic.
first he says he wants to be the next one to reveal, then reveals a power role.

Why would he do that? staying in the dark as long as possible is good for a pro-town role.
The reason, he wanted to be the FIRST to claim that specific role.

I'm not saying that is what is going on, I am just making sure no one takes this claim as FACT.
There is always room for doubt, and because of that, I will hold off on voting anyone untill Sc00t gets in here.

@Budja, thanks for clearing that up, however I still feel that mass reveal ruins (Part of) the game.
Wacka Alpaca
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:08 am

Post by Wacka Alpaca »

GG!

Great work Karma.

I think this is my first scum-win, as I have only been scum once before, and I got "Vigilante'd" night one by chance (One of the rules was that if you die, you cannot win, even if your side win).

So yay us!
I had fun, and I hope you all did too.

I would also like to say thank you to the GM, and wish you the best in your future endeavours.
Thanks again everyone!
Wacka Alpaca
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #9) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by Wacka Alpaca »

I acted mildly scummy to make me look like YOU (Karma) were more town.
I knew we were really close to the end of the game (Lynched a townie, killed a townie), so I could try to make you look better by going after you a bit.

:)
"It's all for you Damien!"※

Return to “Completed Open Games”