Open 225 - Mafia Down Under - Game Over!

imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Open 225 - Mafia Down Under - Game Over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:58 pm

Post by imaginality »

You're a member of the little-known, little-feared Kiwi Mafia, New Zealand's very own crime syndicate. Other mafia organisations normally stay out of your territory, albeit mainly because sheep aren't worth stealing. But someone has infiltrated your organisation...

The Living

Wacka Alpaca -
track-immune mafioso

Karma -
watch-immune mafioso

The Dead

EGL -
vanilla townie
- lynched D1
DavidParker -
vanilla townie
- killed N1
Sc00t -
tracker
- lynched D2
Budja -
watcher
- killed in endgame
nopointinactingup -
vanilla townie
- killed in endgame
Last edited by imaginality on Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:35 am, edited 14 times in total.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:07 pm

Post by imaginality »

Here are the rules. Please read them before playing.

General Rules

1. Everyone playing is a real person. Have fun and respect your fellow players.
2. If you have a question about these rules or any aspect of the game, feel free to PM me or to post your question in the thread.
3. If I make a mistake or if I miss something, please point it out so that it can be fixed.
4. Do not edit or delete posts, even if you have the ability to do so.
5. Do not post information that cannot be seen and understood in thread (e.g. invisible text, cryptography, languages other than English).
6. The only places this game can be discussed are: this thread (for all players), the mafia quicktopic (for mafia players), and the graveyard quicktopic (for dead players). Do not discuss this game anywhere else while it is ongoing. Similarly, do not make any specific reference in this thread to any other ongoing game.
7. Do not quote any PMs you receive from me (role PMs, investigation results, etc.). Paraphrasing is allowed, as is role claiming (example: "I'm the tracker").
8. Any player who deliberately breaks or attempts to break these rules will be warned and may be modkilled. If I modkill someone the day will immediately end. Players who are modkilled automatically lose the game, and will live a hollow life filled only with guilt, shame and regret.
9. Mafia is a game of honor. Cheating is breaking the honor code you committed to when you joined this site. Play the game, and play to win.
10. All flavour in this game is for entertainment purposes only.

Enjoy the game!

Voting, Lynching, Deadlines, Activity Levels

Voting
1. Votes must be
bolded
. You may vote for any player, or for No Lynch.
2. Unvoting is optional.
3. I will post a vote count once per real life day at minimum, but will aim to post vote counts more frequently, especially when activity is high.

Lynching
4. A lynch occurs when a player receives
more than 50%
of the votes. All players, including the doomed player, may continue to post in 'twilight', until I lock the thread.
5. If deadline arrives and no player has been lynched, there is no lynch. If
50% or more
of the players vote for No Lynch, there is no lynch.
6. A player who is lynched or night-killed is allowed one 'bah' post as long as it does not contain any game-related information.

Deadlines
7. Each day phase will last for 3 real life days per player alive at the start of the day. The deadline will be announced at the start of each day.
8. Each night phase lasts for 48 hours. Night actions must be submitted before the end of the night phase or they will not count.
9. You may request extensions by posting the request in thread. However, they will only be granted in exceptional circumstances (e.g. multiple replacements near deadline).
10. Deadlines for day and night phases will be announced in thread at the start of the day or night phase.

Activity Levels
11. Treat this game as a commitment. Aim to post at least once per day.
12. I will prod players after 72 hours without a post.
13. If a player does not post in thread within 24 hours after a prod, or receives two prods in one game day, he/she will be replaced.
14. If you will be unable to post for more than 48 hours, please announce this in thread or via PM.
15. I reserve the right to replace any player who will be V/LA for longer than 50% of a particular game day.
Last edited by imaginality on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:10 pm

Post by imaginality »

Setup

This is an open setup, with the following roles:

3 Townies
1 Watcher
1 Tracker
1 Track-Immune Mafioso
1 Watch-Immune Mafioso

Day Start

Each player has been assigned one of the above roles. Roles were assigned at random.

Role PMs

Three of you received the following PM:
Welcome to Mafia Down Under!

You are a
townie
. You are a loyal member of the Kiwi mafia. Your objective is to kill the Aussie mafia. Your only special ability is your Kiwi ingenuity, which you can put to use to figure out who the scum are. You win when both the Aussie mafia members are dead.

Please confirm by PM. Include your role name in your PM.

The thread is located here: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14275 The game will start when 10 players have confirmed.

One of you received the following PM:

You are a
tracker
. You are a loyal member of the Kiwi mafia. Your objective is to kill the Aussie mafia. You win when both the Aussie mafia members are dead.

You have one special ability: you can target another player each night phase. You will watch that player's hands, so you will see if that player kills someone, unless the killer is track-immune.

The thread is located here: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14275 The game will start when 10 players have confirmed.

You are a
watcher
. You are a loyal member of the Kiwi mafia. Your objective is to kill the Aussie mafia. You win when both the Aussie mafia members are dead.

You have one special ability: you can target another player each night phase. You will watch that player's eyes. If that player is killed, by noticing the direction he/she glances in when he/she is shot, you will be able to deduce who killed them, unless the killer is watch-immune.

You are a
track-immune mafioso
. You are an Aussie who has infiltrated the Kiwi mafia. You win when 50% or more of the living players are Aussies.

You know that XXXX is also an Aussie. You can communicate with him in this quicktopic: ZZZZ. You can communicate with your partner before the game starts, and during each night phase. You
must not
use the quicktopic during the day phases.

Each night, the two of you must decide who you wish to kill, and which of you will perform the kill. You must post the decision in the quicktopic.

You have one special power: you are quick on the draw. If you perform the kill, the speed with which you shoot means the tracker will not see you make the kill. However, if the watcher targets your victim, he will know you made the kill.

You are a
watch-immune mafioso
. You are an Aussie who has infiltrated the Kiwi mafia. You win when 50% or more of the living players are Aussies.

You know that YYYY is also an Aussie. You can communicate with him in this quicktopic: ZZZZ. You can communicate with your partner before the game starts, and during each night phase. You
must not
use the quicktopic during the day phases.

Each night, the two of you must decide who you wish to kill, and which of you will perform the kill. You must post the decision in the quicktopic.

You have one special power: you are hideously ugly. If you perform the kill, your victim will not look at you, and if the watcher targets your victim, he will not know you made the kill. However, if the tracker targets you, he will know you performed the kill.

Um... and by '10 players', I mean '7 players' :D
Last edited by imaginality on Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:26 pm

Post by imaginality »

The nine of you gather in the abandoned warehouse. imaginality shakes his head.

"Seventeen of our comrades killed, at our barbeque last night. No-one knew where it was being held, aside from us. But somehow the Aussie mafia knew. Someone tipped them off, someone set us up to be ambushed.

"We've got a traitor amongst us. Actually, we have three traitors here tonight. When the bullets were flying, when the rest of us were battling to escape with our lives, I looked around. I noticed who the Aussies deliberately weren't aiming at. Yes, I saw you, saw you deliberately missing with your shots, saw you smiling as you fled.

"Those three traitors are here tonight. Three Aussie-loving scumbags. But there are still six of us. Six loyal Kiwis... ready to avenge our brothers' deaths.

"Be ready, boys. Shoot them as soon as I name them. The traitors are -" imaginality pauses, frowns, and pats his chest, as though checking that he had, indeed, been shot. He opens his mouth, but ytilanigami fires a second shot, hitting imaginality in the head.

imaginality falls backwards, dead before he hits the ground. And dead also is ytilanigami, as you all turn at once, riddling him with bullets before he could fire again.

After a split-second, the remaining seven of you swing your guns again, pointing them at one another, tense with suspicion.

"He said three traitors," someone says. "Obviously ytilanigami was one of the them. That leaves two. And there's five of us. Let's be smart. Let's figure out who the traitors are, before we fire again. Let's agree on this."

The rest of you nod, warily. It makes sense. Surely you can figure out who the remaining traitors are?
Last edited by imaginality on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:28 pm

Post by imaginality »

All players have confirmed. Day 1 begins now!

Day 1 Deadline

Thursday 1st July 10am in New Zealand
Thursday 1st July 8am in Sydney
Wednesday 30 June 11pm in UK
Wednesday 30 June 6pm EST

Deadline Countdown Counter
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:27 pm

Post by imaginality »

Day 1 Votecount 1:
0 Budja
0 DavidParker
0 EGL
0 Karma
0 nopointinactingup
0 Sc00t
0 Wacka Alpaca

Not voting: Budja, DavidParker, EGL, Karma, nopointinactingup, Sc00t, Wacka Alpaca

With seven players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch someone.
Last edited by imaginality on Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:24 am

Post by DavidParker »

Vote: Karma
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:46 am

Post by Budja »

Vote: Sc00t
for taking so long :P
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:09 am

Post by Karma »

vote: Wacka
TOWN 0/0
SCUM 2/0
3RD PARTY 0/0
Wacka Alpaca
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:41 am

Post by Wacka Alpaca »

ha, I've never been a fan of the RVS stage, so imma stay on no vote for now, this is post a simple "Hello!" post to all my fellow players!
I'm excited to have some fun!
"He talked about justice, but nobody stirred. He felt like an outcast, alone in the herd." - Cows With Guns
http://i42.tinypic.com/sc6wp1.png
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:19 am

Post by EGL »

Vote: David Parker
EXTERMINAAATE~!
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:29 am

Post by nopointinactingup »

vote: EGL
Justice will prevail
\m/
Sc00t
Sc00t
Townie
Sc00t
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:22 am

Post by Sc00t »

I too will avoid the RVS for now, just seems pointless to pin a vote on someone randomly. Hi everyone, this is my first mafia game on these forums. :)

-s
Sc00t
Sc00t
Townie
Sc00t
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:23 am

Post by Sc00t »

PS sorry for taking so long confirming. Thanks to EGL for nudging me towards the confirmation thread :)
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:50 am

Post by Karma »

Sc00t, I don't know if you know, considering it's your first game, but the RVS helps stimulate discussion and such and is considered basically the way to start off the game. You don't have to participate, but it helps get things rollin'.
TOWN 0/0
SCUM 2/0
3RD PARTY 0/0
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:53 pm

Post by EGL »

Sc00t's played a couple games before on another site but not many.

Kind of looks to me like Sc00t is following Wacka... Anybody else get that feeling?

Sc00t, care to explain?
EXTERMINAAATE~!
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by Budja »

I am disappointed in you all. Didn't get one random vote for my location. :P

Karma gives me good vibes in one post.
I don't see the following thing, Sc00t cautious reaction was typical to those unused to the random stage.
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:30 pm

Post by Karma »

Budja wrote:I am disappointed in you all. Didn't get one random vote for my location.
Ahh, I didn't even notice!

@Wacka: Why don't you like the RVS stage?
TOWN 0/0
SCUM 2/0
3RD PARTY 0/0
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:51 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Well not posting a random vote is fine as long as you post something to get things started and acknowledge that RVS does have a purpose and isn't something to be "Frowned" upon.
Sc00t
Sc00t
Townie
Sc00t
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:02 am

Post by Sc00t »

Not following anyone, EGL. I just didn't see a point in voting at random, didn't see any way of me dropping a random vote on someone being useful to be honest. You're pretty quick to jump all over me though, so that's perked my interest Ernie ;) (EGL)
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:43 am

Post by Budja »

Sc00t wrote:You're pretty quick to jump all over me though, so that's perked my interest Ernie (EGL)
Don't like this ambiguous kind of commenting. In what way is this "interesting"?
Wacka Alpaca
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Wacka Alpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:40 am

Post by Wacka Alpaca »

Hey again, I want to say that the reason I dislike the RVS stage, is because usually people get too narrow visioned on someone.
And usually, becuase they decided to be aggresive on this one person in the RVS stage, they really have no evidence or anything to make them think they are scum.

I do understand the purpose of RVS, to get everyone to post, to get discussion going, but, I prefer to use my votes more professionaly.

Also there is that little thing were everyone hates me, and votes for me in rvs... makes me sad... :(
"He talked about justice, but nobody stirred. He felt like an outcast, alone in the herd." - Cows With Guns
http://i42.tinypic.com/sc6wp1.png
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:38 am

Post by DavidParker »

Hey guys, not much at all is happening, so, time for RQS : Random Question Stage.

1. Coke or Pepsi?
2. Do you prefer scum or town?
3. Lynch all active lurkers?
4. Lynch all liars?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:47 am

Post by Karma »

1. Coke
2. Town
3. Depends on their posts
4. Yes

@DP: What do you expect to get out of these questions?

@Wacka: I don't understand. People tunnel in the RVS? Of course no one has evidence - we're just voting cause...well, there's nothing else to do.
TOWN 0/0
SCUM 2/0
3RD PARTY 0/0
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by Budja »

Pfft, David, not much in those questions. Everything depends on context (and Pepsi).

Wacka totally misses the point. We have no evidence, but we have to start somewhere else we stagnate.

Come to think of it
unvote, vote: Wacka
(L-2)!

Return to “Completed Open Games”