Open 180 - 3 of 5 / Out in the Wilde (Game Over!)

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Open 180 - 3 of 5 / Out in the Wilde (Game Over!)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:17 am

Post by Nikanor »

Open 180 - Out in the Wilde.

It's raining. You have no hat. You're pretty sure you've lost your handkerchief along the way, but you are too tired to care. It's starting to get dark as you watch the sun slink slowly toward the horizon. Behind you, you can see the smoking remains of your once bustling city, decimated by the attacks of the Mafia.

Most of the people around you are unknown to you, but you know that the ten of you are the only ones who remain of your beloved city, and that you must trust one another to survive out here in the wild.

A familiar voice breaks the silence, 'Let's stop and eat something, eh? I'm starving.' It was the voice of Oscar Wilde, poet laureate of Canada. Wilde was the only recognisable face out of the bunch of you, and for that you are glad. If it weren't for his sharp wit and lingual genius, you probably would have went insane ages ago.

'What'll it be? Beans again, eh? Wait a minute, we should say our prayers before eating.'

The rest of you let out a soft moan. Oscar had been going on about some make-believe deity he had seen in his dreams. He thought it was fate, the rest of you thought it was heatstroke.

'Come on now, don't be shy, gather 'round. O Great Nikanor, I'd like to give my thanks for this meal you have given to us, as well as for the strength to carry on. We'd also like to ask you for your protection from the Mafia, who you showed to me in a dream-' The rest of you shared surprised murmers. Nobody had mentioned the Mafia for days. Why now?

Suddenly, a gunshot goes off. A gasp is heard from the poet's direction. Wilde clutches his chest, stares forward for a couple seconds, then falls over. Nothing is said for one minute, then two. None of you want to be the first to say anything.

Night falls, and you all go to sleep without saying a word. You all know that the Mafia is present within your group, but none of you want to admit it. You know that tomorrow will be a difficult day.

Still Walking (1):

Alduskkel
-
Mafia Goon
- Survived!

Left Behind (9):

Oscar Wilde
-
Town Poet
- Killed night zero.

MrSuave
-
Town Doctor
- Lynched day one.

saberwolf
-
Town Miller
- Killed night one.

DeathSauce
-
Town Vanilla
- Lynched day two.

hohum
-
Town Vanilla
- Killed night two.

malpascp
[/i]
-
Mafia Goon
- Lynched day three.

Trumpet of Doom
-
Town Cop
- Lynched day four.

dramonic
-
Town Vanilla
- Killed day four.

Antihero
[/i]
-
Town Vanilla
- Killed day four.
Last edited by Nikanor on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:16 am, edited 18 times in total.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:33 am

Post by Nikanor »

I have randomly chosen three of the following five roles to appear in this game:
a) Town Vanilla
b) Town Cop
c) Town Doctor
d) Town Miller
e) Mafia Roleblocker

This setup has two Mafia Goons and seven Town Vanillae. If I pick a Town power role from the list, it will replace one of the Town Vanillae. If I pick Mafia Roleblocker from the list, that will replace one of the Mafia Goons. If I pick Town Vanilla from the list, it will replace one of the Town Vanillae.

The following role pms may or may not be used in this setup:

Town
Town Vanilla wrote:Back in the city, you used to be the owner of a local retail store. Your powers of salesmanship have earned you a strong voice in persuasion, and you have become skilled in reading people's expressions.
However, you are elderly and tire easily. You need a full night's rest and have no energy at the end of the day to go romping about performing night actions.
The name of your role is Town Vanilla, and you will be revealed as such upon your death.
As part of the town, you win when both of the mafia are eliminated.

Please confirm via pm. The topic is here.
Town Cop wrote:Back in the city, you used to be a member of the local law enforcement organisation. Now, you're no greater than your fellow man. You used all your handgun ammunition escaping the city, and have since discarded it. You know that all your fellow officers were killed in the initial Mafia attacks, and that you are the only remaining member of the force.
However, you have managed to escape with your solar-powered PDA, on which you can investigate someone to see if they have a criminal background. Your PDA can only hold enough charge for one investigation per night. Enter into the PDA 'Investigate <NAME>' and you will recieve an output of '<NAME> is <GUILTY/NOT GUILTY/NO RESULT>.' Your results are guaranteed to be accurate.
The name of your role is Town Cop, and you will be revealed as such upon your death.

Town Doctor wrote:Back in the city, you used to be a staff member of the local hospital. Now, you're no better than your fellow man. You know that all your fellow medical technicians were killed by the Mafia, and that you are the only person left with medical training.
However, you have managed to escape with your first aid kit. Each night, you can visit someone to check up on them and make sure they're not injured. If they have been shot that night, you can bring them back to full health. You're such a good doctor, your patient won't even know he's been shot. You are not told if your protection is successful. If you happen to be the one shot, you will not be able to patch yourself up before dying. (You cannot protect yourself).
The name of your role is Town Doctor, and you will be revealed as such upon your death.

Town Miller wrote:Back in the city, you used to be the owner of a local retail store. Your powers of salesmanship have earned you a strong voice in persuasion, and you have become skilled in reading people's expressions. In addition, your acts of embezzlement and fraud have earned you a criminal record with the local law enforcement.
However, you are elderly and tire easily. You need a full night's rest and have no energy at the end of the day to romping about performing night actions.
The name of your role is Town Miller, and you will be revealed as such upon your death.

Mafia
Mafia Goon wrote:Back in the city, you used to be the owner of a local retail store. Your powers of salesmanship have earned you a strong voice in persuasion, and you have become skilled in reading people's expressions.
However, you have recently decided to join the Mafia in its bid to destroy the city and its inhabitants.
Every night, you and your partner XXXX (Mafia XXXX) can talk in [.url=XXXX]this quicktopic[/url] to decide who to kill. You may bold your kill choice in the quicktopic in the format
Kill: XXXX
or submit it via pm. I will accept either method.
The name of your role is Mafia Goon, and you will be revealed as such upon your death.
As part of the Mafia, you win when the Mafia occupies at least half the town.

Mafia Roleblocker wrote:Back in the city, you used to be the owner of a local brothel. You have learned the tricks of night-time distraction in your trade.
However, you have recently decided to join the Mafia in its bid to destroy the city and its inhabitants.
Every night, you and your partner XXXX (Mafia XXXX) can talk in [.url=XXXX]this quicktopic[/url] to decide who to kill. You may bold your kill choice in the quicktopic in the format
Kill: XXXX
or submit it via pm. I will accept either method.
In addition, you may block another player's night action by sending me a pm of who you would like to roleblock. The blocked player will not recieve a result if they are a cop, and their protection will fail if they are a doctor. You may perform this action in addition to killing, should your partner die.
The name of your role is Mafia Roleblocker, and you will be revealed as such upon your death.
As part of the Mafia, you win when the Mafia occupies at least half the town.

Last edited by Nikanor on Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:38 am

Post by Nikanor »

Rules:

General Rules:

Don't be annoying. Scumhunting is good, insulting other players or myself is bad.
You are not allowed to communicate with the other players outside the thread unless your role pm indicates otherwise.
Do not edit posts.
Once you are dead, you may not speak. This includes 'Bah' posts.
You may quote the role pms provided in-thread as needed. You may not quote any form of private communication with me, however.
Do not post small font, white text, or any other form of hidden messages. You may only post in standard Canadian English. Typographical errors are allowed, but I reserve the right to edit your post for grammar if I have a want.
Play to win, etc.
If you have a question or think I have made an error, do not hesitate to ask in-topic or via pm. Be sure to bold requests directed at me, lest I do not see them.

Voting, Lynching, and Deadlines:

Bold your votes.
Vote counts will be provided as near to the top of every page as I can manage.
Once a lynching majority is reached, the game will go into twilight. The lynchee is considered dead, and MAY NOT POST. Everyone else may continue posting until I get around to locking the topic.
No half-majority at deadline rules here, folks. It will still require a full majority to lynch at deadline.
If a majority is not reached by the deadline, a no-lynch will occur, and the game will go into night.
Each day will have a negotiable two week deadline. After ten real-life days have passed, I will assess the game's activity and decide whether you all deserve an extention. If so, I will extend the deadline by one week. If not, tough luck, you should have posted more when you had the chance.

Night Phase and Actions:

Night will be a strict fourty-eight hours. During this time, the topic will be locked, and you may not post. Scum may communicate at this time.
I will accept actions up to the time I unlock the topic. I will also accept actions during the preceeding day phase, in case you're going V/LA and won't be here for the night phase.

Prodding and Stuff:

If a player does not post for a seventy-two hour period, he will be prodded. If that player does not post within fourty-eight hours of being prodded, I will start to search for a replacement.
An individual player may be prodded a maximum of three times. If I have to prod any player a fourth time, I'm searching for a replacement.
Prods are available upon request, but these prods will not count toward the three-prod limit.
I like to mass-prod. These will not count toward the limit, either.
If you are going V/LA, it is your duty to ensure I get the message by telling me in-topic or by pm.
Last edited by Nikanor on Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:41 am

Post by Nikanor »

Role pms are going out now. Once seven of you have confirmed I will open the thread for discussion.

P.S. Indigo is my colour. Use it only if you like being modkilled.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Since most of you are confirmed, I'll open up the thread now. Expect rules to be up by tonight at the latest.
Also, I've clarified the doctor and cop role pms. I added that a) doctors cannot protect themselves, and b) cop results are guaranteed to be sane.

Vote Count 1.0
Not Voting (9)
- Alduskkel, MrSuave, dramonic, saberwolf, malpascp, Trumpet of Doom, Antihero, DeathSauce, hohum.

With nine players alive, five votes are required to lynch.

Negotiable deadline falls on November 12 at 01:00 UTC.
Last edited by Nikanor on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (isolation #5) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:07 am

Post by Nikanor »

Vote count 1.1
hohum (1)
- Alduskkel
MrSuave (1)
- Trumpet of Doom
saberwolf (2)
- dramonic, Antihero
dramonic (2)
- saberwolf, MrSuave

Not Voting (3)
- malpascp, DeathSauce, hohum

Negotiable Deadline falls on November 12 at 01:00 UTC
Last edited by Nikanor on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (isolation #6) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:59 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Before I finalised the roles, I asked farside whether or not the miller would know he was a miller. She told me yes, so I went with that.
Prods going out tomorrow night for everyone who has not posted.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (isolation #7) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:35 am

Post by Nikanor »

Vote Count 1.2
hohum (1)
- Alduskkel
MrSuave (2)
- Trumpet of Doom, hohum
saberwolf (2)
- dramonic, Antihero
dramonic (2)
- saberwolf, MrSuave

Not Voting (2)
- malpascp, DeathSauce

Last edited by Nikanor on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #75 (isolation #8) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:37 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Vote Count 1.3
MrSuave (3)
- Trumpet of Doom, hohum, DeathSauce
saberwolf (2)
- dramonic, Antihero
dramonic (1)
- saberwolf
hohum (1)
- MrSuave

Not Voting (2)
- malpascp, Alduskkel

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (isolation #9) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by Nikanor »

hohum wrote:@Mod: I think it's time to replace Antihero and prod ToD
That is correct. I'll start looking for Antihero's replacement now.
If he posts before I find a replacement, he can stay in.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (isolation #10) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:49 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Santos replaces Antihero! Thank you Santos!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (isolation #11) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:59 am

Post by Nikanor »

Vote Count 1.4
MrSuave (3)
- hohum, DeathSauce, dramonic
dramonic (1)
- saberwolf
hohum (1)
- MrSuave

Not Voting (4)
- malpascp, Alduskkel, Santos, Trumpet of Doom

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (isolation #12) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:05 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Vote Count 1.5
MrSuave (4)
- hohum, DeathSauce, dramonic, saberwolf
hohum (1)
- MrSuave

Not Voting (4)
- malpascp, Alduskkel, Santos, Trumpet of Doom

Negotiable Deadline falls on November 12 at 01:00 UTC.

EDIT: malpascp had another twelve hours before he was due a prod, but I went ahead and prodded him anyway.
Last edited by Nikanor on Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (isolation #13) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:27 am

Post by Nikanor »

Day One Final Vote Count
MrSuave (5)
- hohum, DeathSauce, dramonic, saberwolf, Santos

hohum (1)
- MrSuave

Not Voting (3)
- malpascp, Alduskkel, Trumpet of Doom

-------------------

After a long night of worry, you all wake up with a grim look on your faces, ready to dispense some indiscriminate justice on whoever messes up first.

MrSuave: So guys, what do you think we should do about that killing yesterday?

saberwolf: Well, we should probably kill someone through the use of mob justice. You know, hangings and all that jazz. Speaking of which, I know I have an extensive criminal record and all, but that just means I'm more likely to be one of the good guys! That hohum guy, though, I seem to remember him being obviously scum no matter what he does.

MrSuave: Let's kill him, then. Just in case, right?

Everyone: ...

hohum: I'm good with killing MrSuave.

DeathSauce: Sounds good.
dramonic: Yup.
saberwolf: Uh-huh.

MrSuave: What?! That's no fair! Why do you listen to him and not me?

saberwolf: What are you, MrSuave? A spy?

MrSuave: I'd rather not say. All I'll say is that you will be sorry if you kill me now!

Santos: I doubt it.

In one fluid motion, Santos pulls a shiny new hammer out of his pocket and hits MrSuave in the face, killing him instantly.

malpascp: What did you do that for? And where did you get that hammer?

Santos: I just found it on the ground over there and thought it'd be useful.

Santos shrugs. In the meantime, the rest of you go into his bedroll to search his belongings. Turns out you ARE sorry to have killed him after all. His surgeon's kit lay on the ground, and having been unused in days, it is still locked shut.

-------------------

Later that day, after the burial of MrSuave, Trumpet of Doom turns on his radio to search the soundwaves for signs of life, just as he has for the past week. Usually he hears nothing but static, but today, voices can be heard.

Voice: Hello? Is there anyone out there?

Trumpet: Yes! I'm here!

Alduskkel: You realise that's a one-way radio... right?

Trumpet: Y-yes. I was just testing you!

Voice: If there's anyone still alive, we're setting up a refuge for survivors at these co-ordinates...

Trumpet of Doom quickly scribbles down the location on his hand. It looks like there is light at the end of the tunnel. It's too bad MrSuave won't be alive to see it.

MrSuave
-
Town Doctor
- Lynched day one.

It is now night one. Please send in all night actions within fourty-eight hours of this post.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (isolation #14) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:26 pm

Post by Nikanor »

After a surprisingly short night, most of you wake up to a crisp morning. The ground is slightly damp after last night's drizzle, and beads of water still fall from the leaves of the trees. If you didn't know better, you'd say that all is right and serene within the world. The only thing disturbing the scene is the mangled corpse of-

DeathSauce: Oh my God, what happened?

Alduskkel: It looks as if he was cut in the head...

Trumpet: And slashed in the throat...

hohum: And stabbed in the chest...

dramonic: They really didn't want him to survive, did they?

malpascp: Di- did they remove his eyes?

Trumpet: Looks to be that way.

DeathSauce: Poor guy, he never stood a chance.

Alduskkel: Where's Santos? He should see this.

Santos: *Yawn* What did I mis- Oh.

Santos joined the group of people looking upon saberwolf's deceased body. Despite the extensive criminal record he claimed to have, it seems he was a prime target for the Mafia.

saberwolf
-
Town Miller
- Killed night one.

Vote Count 2.0
Not Voting (7)
- Alduskkel, dramonic, malpascp, Trumpet of Doom, Santos, DeathSauce, hohum.

It is now day two. With seven players alive, four votes are required to lynch.

Negotiable deadline falls on November 28 at 06:25 UTC.

I've edited the roles post to clarify the setup. If there is still some confusion, please let me know in-topic or via pm.
Last edited by Nikanor on Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (isolation #15) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:36 am

Post by Nikanor »

DeathSauce wrote:Quick take is that scum did us a favor by taking out saberwolf. Eliminates the whole discussion about whether he was/was not the miller.

Also, now that we know there was a doc and a miller, I think that eliminates the possibility of there being a cop or a mafia roleblocker in this game, based on the rules in post 1.

Nikanor, can you clarify that ?
dramonic has the right idea. Since you guys know there was a doctor and miller in this setup, there is only one variable role left. That role is either a Town Vanilla, a Town Cop, or a Mafia Roleblocker.
It seems that most people were confused about that. Sorry folks! *Slaps self* Bad Nikanor!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (isolation #16) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:10 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Vote Count 2.1
Alduskkel (2)
- hohum, Santos
Santos (1)
- malpascp
hohum (1)
- Trumpet of Doom

Not Voting (3)
- Alduskkel, dramonic, DeathSauce

With seven players alive, four votes are required to lynch.

DeathSauce is V/LA until Monday.

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (isolation #17) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:27 am

Post by Nikanor »

*Freaks out*
Nobody is at the 72 hour prod time yet, but I don't think that should limit me, so massprods for all!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (isolation #18) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:46 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Vote Count 2.2
Alduskkel (2)
- hohum, Santos
Santos (2)
- malpascp, Alduskkel
hohum (1)
- Trumpet of Doom
malpascp (1)
- DeathSauce

Not Voting (1)
- dramonic

DeathSauce is V/LA until Monday.

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (isolation #19) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:34 pm

Post by Nikanor »

malpascp has been prodded.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (isolation #20) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:39 am

Post by Nikanor »

Vote Count 2.3
Alduskkel (2)
- hohum, dramonic
Santos (2)
- malpascp, Alduskkel
hohum (1)
- Trumpet of Doom
malpascp (1)
- DeathSauce

Not Voting (1)
- Santos

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (isolation #21) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Vote Count 2.4
Santos (2)
- malpascp, Alduskkel
Alduskkel (1)
- dramonic
hohum (1)
- Trumpet of Doom
malpascp (1)
- DeathSauce
Trumpet of Doom (1)
- hohum

Not Voting (1)
- Santos

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (isolation #22) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:31 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Vote Count 2.5
malpascp (2)
- DeathSauce, Santos
Santos (1)
- malpascp
Alduskkel (1)
- dramonic
hohum (1)
- Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom (1)
- hohum

Not Voting (1)
- Alduskkel

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (isolation #23) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:41 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Trumpet of Doom is a birthday stealer.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (isolation #24) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:43 pm

Post by Nikanor »

trumpet wrote:Oh, and: Happy birthday, mod!
I missed this. Happy brither buddy!
(Im slightly drunk.)
Fixed quote tags. ~Nik.
Last edited by Nikanor on Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (isolation #25) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:15 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Vote Count 2.6
malpascp (2)
- Santos, Trumpet of Doom
Santos (2)
- malpascp, DeathSauce
Trumpet of Doom (2)
- hohum, Alduskkel
Alduskkel (1)
- dramonic

Final deadline falls on November 24 at 06:25 UTC.

I just noticed that I've been giving inaccurate deadline dates today. I'm going to just give you guys the three weeks of daylight instead of putting you through my rigourous review, since I'm so nice.

malpascp has been prodded.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (isolation #26) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Hey guys, I'm working on that replacement. I'll have one here tonight at the latest (I hope).
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (isolation #27) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:41 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Vote Count 2.7
Santos (2)
- malpascp, DeathSauce
dramonic (2)
- Trumpet of Doom, hohum
malpascp (1)
- Santos
Trumpet of Doom (1)
- Alduskkel
Alduskkel (1)
- dramonic

Final deadline falls on November 24 at 06:25 UTC.

malpascp is being replaced.
Last edited by Nikanor on Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (isolation #28) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:08 pm

Post by Nikanor »

hohum is V/LA until Monday.

In light of the V/LA and the need for a replacement, I'm extending the deadline by three days.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (isolation #29) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:38 pm

Post by Nikanor »

DTMaster replaces malpascp. Thank you DTM!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (isolation #30) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:06 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Bumping vote count.
Last edited by Nikanor on Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #350 (isolation #31) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:06 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Vote Count 2.8
Santos (2)
- DeathSauce, DTMaster
dramonic (2)
- Trumpet of Doom, hohum
DTMaster (1)
- Santos
Trumpet of Doom (1)
- Alduskkel
Alduskkel (1)
- dramonic

Final deadline falls on November 27 at 06:25 UTC.

DeathSauce, hohum, and dramonic are V/LA until the 23rd.
Last edited by Nikanor on Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #375 (isolation #32) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:01 am

Post by Nikanor »

Vote Count 2.9
Santos (2)
- DeathSauce, DTMaster
dramonic (2)
- Trumpet of Doom, Alduskkel
DeathSauce (2)
- Santos, hohum
Alduskkel (1)
- dramonic

Final deadline falls on November 27 at 06:25 UTC.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (isolation #33) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:23 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Day Two Final Vote Count
DeathSauce (4)
- Santos, hohum, dramonic, Trumpet of Doom

Santos (2)
- DeathSauce, DTMaster
dramonic (1)
- Alduskkel

-------------------

After a long day of discussion, you finally settle on a lynch choice....

DeathSauce: Let's lynch Santos.

hohum: I'd rather lynch Trumpet.

Trumpet: I'd rather lynch hohum.

hohum: I'd rather lynch dramonic.

Santos: Want to compromise and lynch DeathSauce instead?

hohum, dramonic, and Trumpet, simultaneously: Sure!

And so, you drag DeathSauce by the feet over to where your new gallows sit. Come to think of it, you probably didn't need that rope to go with that cliff, but without the noose it's just not the same, you know?

-------------------

Later on, Trumpet and Alduskkel again go to sit by the radio to search the soundwaves for their stereo saviours.
An hour passes, then two, and nothing can be heard. Then, Trumpet remembers that this is a wind-up radio, and winds up the radio to provide power. Again, things can be heard, but unlike last time, there is not one specific person. Instead, the voices sound far away, as if the transmitter was left on when the group of people was talking.

Mysterious manly voice: -re scum, that's why!

Mysterious womanly voice: I'm not the villain here, you are. You and the rest of that fairy-tale trash ruining my perfect world....

Mysterious childish voice: You're insane.

Manly voice: And that's why she needs to be killed.

Mysterious hermaphroditic voice: Killed? You mean as in shot? Scumslip!

Manly voice: What? That's not what I meant at all!

Womanly voice: Too late! ====[]

As the screaming starts, you decide not to listen any longer. You already know what comes next.
What you don't know is what is going on in the so-called safe-zone. It doesn't seem to be as safe as you once thought. Have the mafia infiltrated there as well?

DeathSauce
-
Town Vanilla
- Lynched day two.

It is now night two. Get your actions in asap. Night deadline falls sometime in the morning of the 26th, UTC.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (isolation #34) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:53 pm

Post by Nikanor »

hohum
-
Town Vanilla
- Killed night two.

Vote Count 3.0
Not Voting (5)
- Alduskkel, dramonic, DTMaster, Trumpet of Doom, Santos

With five players alive, three votes are required to lynch.

It is now day three. Deadline falls... sometime.

Alduskkel is V/LA until the 29th.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390 (isolation #35) » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:11 am

Post by Nikanor »

Seeing as how it's lylo and all, I'll start posting votecounts more frequently.

Vote Count 3.1
DTMaster (1)
- Trumpet of Doom
Alduskkel (1)
- DTMaster

Not Voting (3)
- Alduskkel, dramonic, Santos

With five people alive, three votes are required to lynch.

Deadline is not set for any particular date as of yet.

Alduskkel is V/LA until the 29th.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #399 (isolation #36) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:07 am

Post by Nikanor »

Day Three Final Vote Count
DTMaster (3)
- Trumpet of Doom, Alduskkel, Santos

Alduskkel (1)
- DTMaster

Not Voting (1)
- dramonic

With five people alive, three votes are required to lynch.

-------------------

DTMaster
-
Mafia Goon
- Lynched day three

It is now night three. Choices are due in two days.
Last edited by Nikanor on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (isolation #37) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:22 pm

Post by Nikanor »

You all wake up to find that nobody had died last night. Are the mafia gone? Was DTMaster the only one? Somehow, you don't think that's the case.

-------------------

Vote Count 4.0
Not Voting (4)
- Alduskkel, dramonic, Trumpet of Doom, Santos

With four players alive, three votes are required to lynch.

Deadline falls in two weeks.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (isolation #38) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:52 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Vote Count 4.1
Trumpet of Doom (2)
- Alduskkel, dramonic
Alduskkel (1)
- Trumpet of Doom

Not Voting (1)
- Santos

With four people alive, three votes are required to lynch.

Deadline falls in two weeks.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #414 (isolation #39) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:17 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Arbitrarily prodding Santos.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (isolation #40) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:27 pm

Post by Nikanor »

That's fine, but at least come in and post some non-sequitur every once in a while so I know you're still here....
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (isolation #41) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:15 am

Post by Nikanor »

Day Four Final Vote Count
Trumpet of Doom (3)
- Alduskkel, dramonic, Santos

Alduskkel (1)
- Trumpet of Doom

With four people alive, three votes are required to lynch.

-------------------

And so, the remaining four of our young adventurers began to discuss who might be the remaining mafioso.

Trumpet of Doom: Well, for the sake of thoroughness, I inspected Alduskkel. Turns out he's guilty, big surprise.

Alduskkel: I don't think so. I think it is YOU who is the guilty one!

dramonic: I agree. I mean, a true cop wouldn't reveal himself.

Santos: Not to mention the statistical unlikelihood of a cop AND doctor both surviving those attacks.

Trumpet of Doom: Seriously guys, this isn't funny. You're just kidding around, right?

Santos: Afraid not.

After hanging Trumpet of Doom from a nearby tree, the three of you still alive decide to head for the refuge. When you arrive, a familiarly mysteriously womanly voice, this time attached to a womanly body, greets you at the gate.

Woman: Hey, what took you so long?

dramonic: What are you talking about? How did you know we were coming?

Woman: You couldn't have gotten rid of the dead weight before getting here, could you? You always did get me to do your dirty work for you, Ald. Hey, where's DTM?

Just as dramonic and Santos realise what's going on, the woman pulls a gun out from under her dress and shoots them.

Trumpet of Doom
-
Town Cop
- Lynched day four.
dramonic
-
Town Vanilla
- Killed day four.
Santos
-
Town Vanilla
- Killed day four.

Alduskkel
-
Mafia Goon
- Survived!

MAFIA WIN!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (isolation #42) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:02 am

Post by Nikanor »

Sorry about the setup confusion, folks. I didn't really know how to explain it too well. :/

Other than that, any comments/criticism about my modding?

I hate to say it, but I think that mafia didn't deserve to win that so much as town deserved to lose. This setups's balance was pretty skewed in favour of the town.

That said, MrSuave deserved to be lynched. I'm glad you guys lynched him. Beating around the bush like that with a claim is incredibly scummy.

DeathSuace, not so much. But then again, the two scum were lurking, so it would have been difficult to push a lynch on one of them.

I think that if the last day hadn't been so quick, town might have won. Trumpet breadcrumbed his n1 result pretty hard on d2. Too bad nobody noticed it.

MVP goes to hohum. He did a good job in scumhunting, even if he did end up wrong at the end of both days he was alive.

Am I missing anything...?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (isolation #43) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:01 am

Post by Nikanor »

I don't think the town did a single reread this game, did they?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (isolation #44) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:51 am

Post by Nikanor »

Go ahead and post them, Trumpet.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (isolation #45) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:52 am

Post by Nikanor »

MrSuave, the problem with that is that you look like scum stalling to try to think up a fakeclaim.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (isolation #46) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by Nikanor »

saber wrote: I can't believe you guys aren't smart enough to figure this out....
You guessed wrong too. :P
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (isolation #47) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:02 pm

Post by Nikanor »

I was thinking about putting a reference to the machine in the closing flavour, but I couldn't think of any way to lead into it, hehe.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (isolation #48) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:48 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Vote Count 5.1
Alduskkel (2)
- Trumpet of Doom, Trumpet of Doom

Not Voting (1)
- Alduskkel

With two people alive, two votes are required to lynch.

-------------------

It turns out that Trumpet of Doom wasn't so dead after all. He untied himself from his noose and stealthily approached the building. There he found Alduskkel and some mysterious-looking woman busy stuffing the fresh corpses of dramonic and Santos into a trash receptacle.

Trumpet: I'll use my Wilderness Lore skill to attempt to fashion a weapon out of the twigs and stuff laying on the ground.

Nikanor: Okay, what's your modifier again?

Trumpet: Well, I have +15 points invested in it, and I get a +5 modifier from my Wisdom attribute, so +20 in total.

Nikanor: Alright, roll the d20.

Trumpet of Doom holds his breath as the d20 rolls along the dirt, stumbling on small pebbles and twigs. Trumpet tries to calculate the chances of him getting a good roll, then quickly wishes he had taken chaos theory in university.
Slowly, the die comes to a stop. Nikanor and Trumpet of Doom gasp as they gaze upon the result.

Trumpet: A twenty! What does that get me?

Nikanor: You manage to create a fifty-caliber handgun using the materials available to you on the ground.

Trumpet: Okay, I shoot the bad guys.

Nikanor: Don't forget to equip it first!

Trumpet: Alright. I equip the handgun, then I shoot the bad guys.

After tediously equipping the handgun, Trumpet of Doom lands two well-aimed shots in the backs of the heads of Alduskkel and the woman.
Trumpet lets loose a sigh of relief. It's finally over....

Alduskkel
-
Mafia Goon
- Lynched day five.
Mysterious Woman
-
Mafia Mysteriouso
- Endgamed.

Trumpet of Doom
-
Town Cop/Reviver/Doublevoter/Wilderness Inventor
- Survived!

TOWN WINS!

I think my biggest mistake was making Trumpet a reviving doublevoter. Any comments?

Return to “Completed Open Games”