Open 180 - 3 of 5 / Out in the Wilde (Game Over!)

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Open 180 - 3 of 5 / Out in the Wilde (Game Over!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:17 am

Post by Nikanor »

Open 180 - Out in the Wilde.

It's raining. You have no hat. You're pretty sure you've lost your handkerchief along the way, but you are too tired to care. It's starting to get dark as you watch the sun slink slowly toward the horizon. Behind you, you can see the smoking remains of your once bustling city, decimated by the attacks of the Mafia.

Most of the people around you are unknown to you, but you know that the ten of you are the only ones who remain of your beloved city, and that you must trust one another to survive out here in the wild.

A familiar voice breaks the silence, 'Let's stop and eat something, eh? I'm starving.' It was the voice of Oscar Wilde, poet laureate of Canada. Wilde was the only recognisable face out of the bunch of you, and for that you are glad. If it weren't for his sharp wit and lingual genius, you probably would have went insane ages ago.

'What'll it be? Beans again, eh? Wait a minute, we should say our prayers before eating.'

The rest of you let out a soft moan. Oscar had been going on about some make-believe deity he had seen in his dreams. He thought it was fate, the rest of you thought it was heatstroke.

'Come on now, don't be shy, gather 'round. O Great Nikanor, I'd like to give my thanks for this meal you have given to us, as well as for the strength to carry on. We'd also like to ask you for your protection from the Mafia, who you showed to me in a dream-' The rest of you shared surprised murmers. Nobody had mentioned the Mafia for days. Why now?

Suddenly, a gunshot goes off. A gasp is heard from the poet's direction. Wilde clutches his chest, stares forward for a couple seconds, then falls over. Nothing is said for one minute, then two. None of you want to be the first to say anything.

Night falls, and you all go to sleep without saying a word. You all know that the Mafia is present within your group, but none of you want to admit it. You know that tomorrow will be a difficult day.

Still Walking (1):

Alduskkel
-
Mafia Goon
- Survived!

Left Behind (9):

Oscar Wilde
-
Town Poet
- Killed night zero.

MrSuave
-
Town Doctor
- Lynched day one.

saberwolf
-
Town Miller
- Killed night one.

DeathSauce
-
Town Vanilla
- Lynched day two.

hohum
-
Town Vanilla
- Killed night two.

malpascp
[/i]
-
Mafia Goon
- Lynched day three.

Trumpet of Doom
-
Town Cop
- Lynched day four.

dramonic
-
Town Vanilla
- Killed day four.

Antihero
[/i]
-
Town Vanilla
- Killed day four.
Last edited by Nikanor on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:16 am, edited 18 times in total.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:33 am

Post by Nikanor »

I have randomly chosen three of the following five roles to appear in this game:
a) Town Vanilla
b) Town Cop
c) Town Doctor
d) Town Miller
e) Mafia Roleblocker

This setup has two Mafia Goons and seven Town Vanillae. If I pick a Town power role from the list, it will replace one of the Town Vanillae. If I pick Mafia Roleblocker from the list, that will replace one of the Mafia Goons. If I pick Town Vanilla from the list, it will replace one of the Town Vanillae.

The following role pms may or may not be used in this setup:

Town
Town Vanilla wrote:Back in the city, you used to be the owner of a local retail store. Your powers of salesmanship have earned you a strong voice in persuasion, and you have become skilled in reading people's expressions.
However, you are elderly and tire easily. You need a full night's rest and have no energy at the end of the day to go romping about performing night actions.
The name of your role is Town Vanilla, and you will be revealed as such upon your death.
As part of the town, you win when both of the mafia are eliminated.

Please confirm via pm. The topic is here.
Town Cop wrote:Back in the city, you used to be a member of the local law enforcement organisation. Now, you're no greater than your fellow man. You used all your handgun ammunition escaping the city, and have since discarded it. You know that all your fellow officers were killed in the initial Mafia attacks, and that you are the only remaining member of the force.
However, you have managed to escape with your solar-powered PDA, on which you can investigate someone to see if they have a criminal background. Your PDA can only hold enough charge for one investigation per night. Enter into the PDA 'Investigate <NAME>' and you will recieve an output of '<NAME> is <GUILTY/NOT GUILTY/NO RESULT>.' Your results are guaranteed to be accurate.
The name of your role is Town Cop, and you will be revealed as such upon your death.

Town Doctor wrote:Back in the city, you used to be a staff member of the local hospital. Now, you're no better than your fellow man. You know that all your fellow medical technicians were killed by the Mafia, and that you are the only person left with medical training.
However, you have managed to escape with your first aid kit. Each night, you can visit someone to check up on them and make sure they're not injured. If they have been shot that night, you can bring them back to full health. You're such a good doctor, your patient won't even know he's been shot. You are not told if your protection is successful. If you happen to be the one shot, you will not be able to patch yourself up before dying. (You cannot protect yourself).
The name of your role is Town Doctor, and you will be revealed as such upon your death.

Town Miller wrote:Back in the city, you used to be the owner of a local retail store. Your powers of salesmanship have earned you a strong voice in persuasion, and you have become skilled in reading people's expressions. In addition, your acts of embezzlement and fraud have earned you a criminal record with the local law enforcement.
However, you are elderly and tire easily. You need a full night's rest and have no energy at the end of the day to romping about performing night actions.
The name of your role is Town Miller, and you will be revealed as such upon your death.

Mafia
Mafia Goon wrote:Back in the city, you used to be the owner of a local retail store. Your powers of salesmanship have earned you a strong voice in persuasion, and you have become skilled in reading people's expressions.
However, you have recently decided to join the Mafia in its bid to destroy the city and its inhabitants.
Every night, you and your partner XXXX (Mafia XXXX) can talk in [.url=XXXX]this quicktopic[/url] to decide who to kill. You may bold your kill choice in the quicktopic in the format
Kill: XXXX
or submit it via pm. I will accept either method.
The name of your role is Mafia Goon, and you will be revealed as such upon your death.
As part of the Mafia, you win when the Mafia occupies at least half the town.

Mafia Roleblocker wrote:Back in the city, you used to be the owner of a local brothel. You have learned the tricks of night-time distraction in your trade.
However, you have recently decided to join the Mafia in its bid to destroy the city and its inhabitants.
Every night, you and your partner XXXX (Mafia XXXX) can talk in [.url=XXXX]this quicktopic[/url] to decide who to kill. You may bold your kill choice in the quicktopic in the format
Kill: XXXX
or submit it via pm. I will accept either method.
In addition, you may block another player's night action by sending me a pm of who you would like to roleblock. The blocked player will not recieve a result if they are a cop, and their protection will fail if they are a doctor. You may perform this action in addition to killing, should your partner die.
The name of your role is Mafia Roleblocker, and you will be revealed as such upon your death.
As part of the Mafia, you win when the Mafia occupies at least half the town.

Last edited by Nikanor on Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:38 am

Post by Nikanor »

Rules:

General Rules:

Don't be annoying. Scumhunting is good, insulting other players or myself is bad.
You are not allowed to communicate with the other players outside the thread unless your role pm indicates otherwise.
Do not edit posts.
Once you are dead, you may not speak. This includes 'Bah' posts.
You may quote the role pms provided in-thread as needed. You may not quote any form of private communication with me, however.
Do not post small font, white text, or any other form of hidden messages. You may only post in standard Canadian English. Typographical errors are allowed, but I reserve the right to edit your post for grammar if I have a want.
Play to win, etc.
If you have a question or think I have made an error, do not hesitate to ask in-topic or via pm. Be sure to bold requests directed at me, lest I do not see them.

Voting, Lynching, and Deadlines:

Bold your votes.
Vote counts will be provided as near to the top of every page as I can manage.
Once a lynching majority is reached, the game will go into twilight. The lynchee is considered dead, and MAY NOT POST. Everyone else may continue posting until I get around to locking the topic.
No half-majority at deadline rules here, folks. It will still require a full majority to lynch at deadline.
If a majority is not reached by the deadline, a no-lynch will occur, and the game will go into night.
Each day will have a negotiable two week deadline. After ten real-life days have passed, I will assess the game's activity and decide whether you all deserve an extention. If so, I will extend the deadline by one week. If not, tough luck, you should have posted more when you had the chance.

Night Phase and Actions:

Night will be a strict fourty-eight hours. During this time, the topic will be locked, and you may not post. Scum may communicate at this time.
I will accept actions up to the time I unlock the topic. I will also accept actions during the preceeding day phase, in case you're going V/LA and won't be here for the night phase.

Prodding and Stuff:

If a player does not post for a seventy-two hour period, he will be prodded. If that player does not post within fourty-eight hours of being prodded, I will start to search for a replacement.
An individual player may be prodded a maximum of three times. If I have to prod any player a fourth time, I'm searching for a replacement.
Prods are available upon request, but these prods will not count toward the three-prod limit.
I like to mass-prod. These will not count toward the limit, either.
If you are going V/LA, it is your duty to ensure I get the message by telling me in-topic or by pm.
Last edited by Nikanor on Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:41 am

Post by Nikanor »

Role pms are going out now. Once seven of you have confirmed I will open the thread for discussion.

P.S. Indigo is my colour. Use it only if you like being modkilled.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Since most of you are confirmed, I'll open up the thread now. Expect rules to be up by tonight at the latest.
Also, I've clarified the doctor and cop role pms. I added that a) doctors cannot protect themselves, and b) cop results are guaranteed to be sane.

Vote Count 1.0
Not Voting (9)
- Alduskkel, MrSuave, dramonic, saberwolf, malpascp, Trumpet of Doom, Antihero, DeathSauce, hohum.

With nine players alive, five votes are required to lynch.

Negotiable deadline falls on November 12 at 01:00 UTC.
Last edited by Nikanor on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:04 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Vote: hohum
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

Vote: MrSuave
since I never did last game.
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:58 pm

Post by dramonic »

Vote: Saber

I,m not accepting the loss I just undergone :P
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:59 pm

Post by dramonic »

err... underwent?

underthat....
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:04 pm

Perhaps "I have just undergone" would work?

saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by saberwolf »

dramonic wrote:
Vote: Saber

I,m not accepting the loss I just undergone :P
but, but...It's my birthday! :(
dramonic wrote:err... underwent?

underthat....
stumbling over words is a scumslip :P

vote: dramonic

not scum this time, I assure you ;)
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:11 pm

Post by dramonic »

saberwolf wrote: stumbling over words is a scumslip :P
Which still doesnt answer my question. WHat's the correct word?
I'm a hoot
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:18 pm

Post by MrSuave »

YOU AGAIN!!! DRAMONIC IS A SPY!!!
vote:dramonic
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:18 pm

Post by saberwolf »

dramonic wrote:
saberwolf wrote: stumbling over words is a scumslip :P
Which still doesnt answer my question. WHat's the correct word?
underwear :D
Show
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:19 pm

Post by dramonic »

MrSuave wrote:YOU AGAIN!!! DRAMONIC IS A SPY!!!
vote:dramonic

Do I know you? XP
I'm a hoot
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:19 pm

Post by MrSuave »

wooow! so far everyone who's posted I've been in a game with/I'm in a game with! =O
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:23 pm

Post by MrSuave »

nvm, just you three hooligans.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:25 pm

Post by dramonic »

I've played/am playing with everyone on the list except Deathsauce
I'm a hoot
MrSuave
MrSuave
Goon
MrSuave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:39 pm

Post by MrSuave »

=O le gasp! That's impressive. Anyways, down to business.

Who are the scum buddies?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

This was an epic English to English translation of the opening flavor:

Regent. Do not have a hat. Are you sure that you have lost your handkerchief on the road, but you're too tired. E 'dark, can be seen crawling slowly toward the horizon SE. Behind you, you see the smoking remains the name of the city, the vibrant, decimated by the attacks from the crowd.

Most of the people around you are strange, but you know that you are only ten of them stayed with their beloved city, and we need each other to survive here The Trust Game.

A familiar voice broke the silence, stop to eat something, right? I'm starving. Was the voice of Oscar Wilde, poet laureate of Canada. Wilde was the only acknowledged the work and joy. If it were not for his quick humor and linguistic talent, probably a crazy long.

"What is it? Beans, right? Minutes of waiting, we say our prayer before the meal."
[Added the quotation marks. -Aldy]

The rest I found a groan. Oscar was for some fictitious god, seen in a dream. I think a lot, and the rest of you thought it was heat stroke.

"Come, do not be shy, come together around. Nicanor
[I don't know why it changed the K to a C. -Aldy]
Big O, I want to thank you for this meal, gave us the energy to function. We also want protection against the Mafia, he showed me in a dream,"
[Wasn't sure where to put the comma and quotation mark. -Aldy]
in which the rest of the surprising Murmester [Dunno why murmurs got changed to this. -Aldy] together. No one said Mafia days. Why now?

Suddenly, he dies suddenly. The blast was heard in the direction of the poet. Wild links breast, waiting impatiently for a few seconds and then decreases. Said nothing for a moment, then two. None of you wants to be the first to speak.

Night falls, and we all go to bed without saying a word. Everyone knows that the Mafia is present in their group, but none of you would not like to admit. They know that tomorrow will be a tough day.
---------------------------------------------------------
This is real. The only other things I changed was that the original had some commas placed before and after periods, like so. , Which wasn't very funny.
---------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, does anyone think that the Miller should claim right now, if we have one?
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:26 am

dramonic wrote:Which still doesnt answer my question. WHat's the correct word?
I feel unloved and ignored...
Alduskkel wrote:Anyway, does anyone think that the Miller should claim right now, if we have one?
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:03 am

Post by Antihero »

Vote: saberwolf

Happy birthday.

Yes, miller should claim (if there is one).
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:53 am

Post by saberwolf »

haha, well in that case, I concur as well

I was gonna get around to it today anyways

I AM BATMAN

and by Batman, I mean miller
Show

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:40 am

Post by dramonic »

So I can't lynch you with extreme prejudice? :(
I'm a hoot
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:42 am

Post by saberwolf »

dramonic wrote:So I can't lynch you with extreme prejudice? :(
oh, you could, you just would pay very dearly for it :D
Show

Return to “Completed Open Games”