What element are you?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Xythar
Xythar
Townie
Xythar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:57 am

Post by Xythar »

Mr. Flay wrote: What would Earth+Fire be??
Lava
Xythar
Xythar
Townie
Xythar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:12 am

Post by Xythar »

Adele wrote:
TheNinthLayer wrote:How do you know if you're Water?

Ask yourself, "Have I ever
fucked up a mafia game for cheap laughs
or otherwise goofed around when I shouldn't have because it was funny?"

If the answer is yes, you are definitely water.
And I doubt you'd be welcome here. There are times to piss about, but (partly because we play long, slow games and so we feel invested in each one) to muck up a game is disrespecting and misusing fellow players.

One player messed up two games here - according to him, the first was not his fault and the second was idiotic but not meant maliciously. He feels bad about it. Nevertheless, he's banned from the forum. That speaks to what we think of the game here. Make fun of
people
all you want (but don't be offensive), but hold at least a minimum respect for the game.
I was in the Harry Potter game at SA where the general sequence of events went like this:

1. Alasdair decides to lie and say he investigated me night 0 and got a guilty result (this was apparently because he was Snape and he thought I had softclaimed Dumbledore and you know the rest).

2. Due to this, we end up lynching the player who claimed bus driver and said that he had switched me with someone else who was obviously town. Although I was against this of course.

3. Alasdair decides to then vig kill me overnight for some reason

4. The other guy who I was swapped with in the bus driving gets vigged by another player who believed Alasdair's investigation result and arrived at the only possible conclusion

5. because he ended up vigging town, the vig involved in 4) gets lynched as well.

total townie death toll was about 4-5 depending on how you look at it.

It was kind of annoying at the time but I guess we mostly got over it. Mostly. Earth and water didn't really care that much and fire was kinda pissed off to say the least, but the past is the past and I hate holding grudges.

Anyway, that's
extreme
water. You can still be water and play the game properly if you just try and have a bit of fun on the way. DGB might be a good example of a less extreme water player I think?
Last edited by Xythar on Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xythar
Xythar
Townie
Xythar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (isolation #2) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:15 am

Post by Xythar »

Aisar wrote: I don't think you understand (SURPRISE). Alasdair played a game on here where he was scum with one other person. He claimed cop on day 1, and furthermore that he got a night 0 investigation of his scumbuddy which said he was scum.

Of course, Alasdair "forgot" that in the OP is said clearly that there were no night 0 actions. They lynched Alasdair, and absolutely ignored his scumbuddy. His scumbuddy flew under the radar for the whole damn game because of that.

That is pure Water play. And it's pretty awesome.

Actually this is a good example. Here's the game, for reference:

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=574960

A lot of people referred to Alasdair's play as a "slipup" when it was completely intentional. Reckless, yes, but it worked pretty well :) That one's classic Water.
Xythar
Xythar
Townie
Xythar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:18 am

Post by Xythar »

I linked to it just above

The funny thing is that on SA we're all so used to Alasdair pulling that tactic that it never works anymore. Except on the n00bs.
Last edited by Xythar on Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xythar
Xythar
Townie
Xythar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:42 am

Post by Xythar »

Mexal wrote:
Ecco de Facto wrote:See, the problem with the classifications is that Earth has the more appealing traits: calm and serious, in a Mafia game, is universally a sign of a good player, someone who is deliberate, thoughtful, and therefore wise and experienced. It's why there are so many players on our map thing concentrated down by Earth; anyone who thinks highly of themselves pushed to be in Earth, unless it is patently obvious they belong in Water or Fire.

vOv I dunno, I just find the whole thing tacky.
I don't truly agree with this. Being Earth doesn't mean you're good. It just means you're serious about the game and calm, knowing that it is in fact just a game and getting emotional over it is counter-productive. I think it has absolutely nothing to do with people equating earth = good.
That statement on its own though does have a certain element of "I am mature and thus a better player" to it, honestly. Even if you deny it :P
Xythar
Xythar
Townie
Xythar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:52 am

Post by Xythar »

Actually you're probably air although I've only seen a few of your games so far so I could be wrong
Xythar
Xythar
Townie
Xythar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (isolation #6) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:02 am

Post by Xythar »

We're just going by playing overall. Those three things are all just aspects of playing,

Splitting it up like that just makes it overcomplicated and impossible to work out, IMO. It's not exactly a scientific process as is.
Xythar
Xythar
Townie
Xythar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:12 pm

Post by Xythar »

That's pretty similar to me, I'd say you're all the way over to the right and a bit up from the centre (fire).

Return to “Mafia Discussion”