Slow day 1

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:21 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

More activity in the thread day one...hmm..

Well, one way to do it is to have roles that have some power triggered by things said in the thread. Could be somthing simple, like "You can't be nightkilled on odd nights if you say "Wondertwin powers activate!" at least once during the day" to more complicated things like "If someone agrees to be your friend during the day, then X happens" or "You have to get 3 other people to say "Candyman!" during the course of a day in order to use your night power". This works best in games with a lot of flavor, encourages posting, and also the wierd looking behavior will give the town something to talk about. (Also note that "powers activated in thread" don't have to be pro-town powers; although scum powers activated that way are harder to balance, the possibility of them encourages rampant paranoia, which is always a good thing. :twisted: )
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:28 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

I'm not sure if that actually sped up day 1 in that game, though...that was one of the longest day 1's I ever saw.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:21 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Another possibility is to have a large game that dosn't have any "pure" cops, but instead has a lot of players who have some minor information role that got some little scrap of information night one, many of them misleading. It's harder to balance, but it can lead to some interesting day 1 discussions.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”