Change the Mini Normal limit from 12 to 13.

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #50 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:02 pm

Post by mykonian »

I disagree here. We don't want bigger mini's (queue problem) and part of the problem is not the amount of scum and town, but the roles they have too. As a regular reviewer I have seen quite a lot of setups and very simply: scum powerroles are cool. Even if you have a totally boring mod, he'll still put a roleblocker in "to make it fair". The adding of a one shot vig is a decent way to overcome the even-player problem etc.

I know this would be a strain on the list mod, but would it be possible to "split" the mini queue? If you offer people a chance to get to mod a 9 player game faster, I'm sure they would be eager to take that chance. It would mean less complicated setups for them too. Because less players would be needed, the queue problem might become a little bit better. Further, there would be more diversity, and we can't call a 13 player game "mini" tbh.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #72 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:44 am

Post by mykonian »

Vi wrote:*disagreement with the argument that it will make games take longer to fill (it's only one player, seriously, and a game that has a hard time getting to 12 players is already filling slowly anyway)
8,3% longer. If we take 5 days as average now (just for the easy maths), then on average it would take 10 hours more to fill
one
game. That means 2 day's longer for 5 games, etc.

that one player isn't insignificant.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #75 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:27 am

Post by mykonian »

Mr. Flay wrote:
mykonian wrote:and we can't call a 13 player game "mini" tbh.
Why can we call a 12-player game a mini, then? Why is 12.0000001 a bright line? Because we've played hundreds of them this way?
I'm the one arguing for (more) 9-player mini's. They are quick, they are small, they are fun, and right now, they are newby games.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #80 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:53 am

Post by mykonian »

and where you know the roles beforehand.

Sure that can be fun and is what I'm mostly doing now, but a "mini" mini with a closed setup simply doesn't exist anymore.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #85 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:56 am

Post by mykonian »

partly in reaction to this thread, I have a 7 player mini-themed (it isn't too weird, I believe you have to win mafia by scumhunting, not with roles) in the queue. Just a few mods to go and you can /in for mine!

/shameless advertisement.

I fear Flay is right that mods think it is weird to mod a game for less then 12 players. I'm already happy that we talk about it, it should help a little bit.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”