Proven role is NOT THE SAME as proven alignment

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:09 pm

Post by Vi »

Furry wrote:This happens because too many mods refuse to put common pro-town roles that are proveable in scum hands. One of these days someone needs to run a game with scum Inventor, Govenor and Neighborizer
Mafia Inventor - Mind Screw Mafia III (note: really overpowered)
Mafia Inventor - Border of Touhou and Mafia (three of them! also underpowered in retrospect)
Mafia Governor - US Election 08 Mafia (note: never used)
Mafia Governor - Pick Your Power II (note: never used)
Mafia Neighborizer - Mafia Reverberation (note: never used)
Mafia Neighborizer - [ONGOING GAME] (note: never used)
Mafia Doublevoter - Mafia Reverberation (note: one-shot)
Mafia Doublevoter - Murder in Zachtown

Also, Neighborizer almost always dies before D2. I've always wanted to see one used in action (or BE one); it's frustrating.

Anyway, I love this trope to death and back. Almost all of my setups have played with this.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by Vi »

Glork wrote:What exactly is a "Neighborizer" and since when is it considered a "common" role?

I wouldn't consider Inventors or Governors common protown roles either....
Mason Recruiter. Except without Masons. And infinitely better than a "Pro-Town Cult Recruiter".
Basically it allows you to choose someone else and start talking to them at Night. I love it; it's a weak power role on paper and its use is roughly equal to the skill of the person who has the role.

@Coug: Most likely not common. Inventors and Governors are usually pro-Town.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:21 am

Post by Vi »

my avatar has flashy colors; why are people ignoring my posts
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #28 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by Vi »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:
Glork wrote:They are not common. I think out of the hundred or so games I've played in, there have been maybe 2-3 each of Inventors and Governors. And obvious I've never heard of a "Neighborizer" as such.
Agreed (and it's a wretchedly terrible name, to boot).

We used to get a few games that had Finding Masons, but they were searching for a specific person that they then gained the ability to talk to/confirmed town.
(nods) I've also seen Recruiting Masons, or, way back in the day, that used to be called a "pro-town cult".
._.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”