What effects do avatars have on you?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:37 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

I tend to view people with avatars with lots of motion, like mole, newer, so at the same time weaker. This is just from the fact that most people who have played for a while tend to know that avatars with lots of motion tend to be annoying, combine that with the fact that on average a new player is weaker then an experianced one, and motion avatars come off as weak players to me.

Xyl just confuses me with his, maybe given that I have no idea what show the pictures come from. When players confuse me in game, I tend to trust them less as at times I have used OTT information saturation, or purposful poor wording as a way to look town as scum. So I would assume that subconciously any type of avatar that is confusing would give me a little of the same reaction, even though it would be much harder to prove then my reaction to moving avatars.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:42 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Cyberbob wrote:Llama's looks shifty on the surface, but something about it also suggests confidence in his ability. The darkness of the colours, maybe?

Brighter better?
Goatrevolt wrote:I think Llama's current avatar is good. It gives off the impression of confidence.
Which is actually why I chose it over the other one which looked more confused.
Co-host of The USL Show
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (isolation #2) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:44 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

It actually might be an interesting experiment though to run a F11 or something with experianced players and have all the names be RedPlayer, BluePlayer etc and all avatars just be a solid color block. The biggest problem I could see there though is all the players would need to know eachother enough to be able to say "oh its them" after the game, but not realize it during the game.
Co-host of The USL Show

Return to “Mafia Discussion”