mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #37 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:00 am

Post by mastina »

Rising Star
2/26/2020 mastina Sujimichi When I first encountered Sujimichi, I immediately thought Suji had potential--and then was blown away by Sujimichi's clutch vig. In that game, there were enough mislynches where the last scum could have easily pulled off a win and while not widely townread, wasn't widely scumread. Suji managed to kill them anyway, and in doing so, directly cause the town to win.

While that game finished in 2019 (and is thus ineligible for the 2020 Scummies), Sujimichi in this calendar year has continued to impress as a rising star. In Skyrim uPick, Sujimichi managed to vig
both
groupscum, one-upping Suji's prior vig performance. The Pine vig was particularly game-changing, as Pine was a slot who not many players were suspicious of and Pine being, well...PINE, taking him out of the game significantly helped out the town.

In Sujimichi's first scumgame ever, nobody at any stage of the game even remotely suspected Sujimichi. Suji was able to flawlessly pull of a victory and make the right kill to seal the game as a scum win.

Sujimichi is a player who is a breath of fresh air, someone who is logical, rational, but not overbearing, who asks questions, prods, pokes, and forms reasonable conclusions that push the game forward in the direction furthering Sujimichi's wincon. Who has a good understanding of how to use roles well and who is really good even without them.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #199 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:36 am

Post by mastina »

(speakeasy post so link removed) wrote:
Goodfellas
?Post of the year?
12/20/2020
OkaPoka
mastina
Datisi, Untrod Tripod, Unnamed site staff Stop Getting Banned One of the most impressive examples of a select few individuals working in tandem to catch and eliminate scum. Normally, roleblocking the scumteam is what it is, but the site staff managed to perfect and coordinate the use of their investigative(s) to find and out information on the entire scumteam within 36 hours. Then comes Datisi, a vanilla town, who pieces the rest of the puzzle together (within 30 minutes!) and the flagbearer gets lim'd immediately after. Honestly, one of the fastest and most successful turn-arounds that I have ever seen. And shellyC and shellyC had us fooled for 2 whole months, impressive play, almost RAS/awestfie levels of deception.
I unironically want to make this as a nomination for whatever category it'd fit as. I think it's Post of the Year, since I believe the ruling is that Kodak is for mafia games only?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #213 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by mastina »

Paragon of Mafia Hunters
12/23/2020 mastina Titus While Titus may have had one or two off-games this year, overall, Titus has stood out as a remarkably, and overall, consistently strong town player who has been critical in several town victories over the course of this year. Her town absolutely crushed Alisae's scumteam in Titus v Alisae. She was crucial in the town victory in Anime UPick Shuffle. While she unfortunately was countered in doing so by the scumteam having literally every power to shut down every aspect of her plan two times over (game was badly scumsided), she developed what
should've
been a very good plan (absent those OP scum roles) in Seiyuu UPick. Her replacement was one of the factors in the town winning Mini 2159. She was part of the stomp that was Xenoblade 2 Mafia. And she was one of THE driving forces of the town win in MBOS 10, with her logic and mechanical prowess being a crucial factor in the town's coordination between factions and contributing to the win.

While she does have some games where she performs less than stellarly, overall, her towngame this year has been remarkably strong, where she's been fairly strongly town, mechanically fairly strong, with reasonable solves and importantly, usually works well with other members of the town in a great many of her games. Her competency this year has, overall, been higher than I've seen from her in any previous year, even if she does have the occasional derp-game and if some players present a weakness in her performance.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #214 (isolation #3) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by mastina »

Game of the Year
12/23/2020 mastina schadd_ Mystery Box of Silver 10 This game is genuinely the game that is the highlight of the year for me in all of the games I've played. The game's mechanics were interesting, the playerlist was fantastic, and the game was spectacular. It was genuinely an incredibly fun game that was interesting from start to finish. The game's unique take on the third party role was also brilliant (see below nomination), and overall the game was highly enjoyable. The players were amazing and the synergy was impressive.

Mad Scientist
12/23/2020 mastina schadd_ Mystery Box of Silver 10 While there were slight, in practice, execution issues with the concept which keep me from nominating the game for 'best setup' and the mechanics of the game were not perfectly balanced, the third party role schadd_ invented was highly unique and interesting. The concept of the Henry P. Jurgenssen Society was, more or less, that of a third party that was actually players in the game (contrasting the 3p that were removed from MBOS5), which would have goals to achieve to get points towards victory. This theoretically-neutral party was highly innovative and inspirational, albeit incentivized to townside in practice.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #215 (isolation #4) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:19 pm

Post by mastina »

Also, since I was technically not town (even if I was acting like I was town the entire game), this is technically not a self-nomination and is deserved:
Moment of Brilliance
12/23/2020 mastina Menalque, NorwegianboyEE, Morning Mage(Morning Tweet + Battle Mage hydra), Almost50, suberbowl9 Mystery Box of Silver 10 While I could just in general say the entire town as a whole was stellar, I felt the need to nominate the players who were the strongest contributors overall. The entire town as a whole, overall, did amazingly well. They coordinated well, townread each other correctly, managed to correctly deduce that the third parties were non-malevolent and that they were genuinely working with the town, and able to coordinate with mechanics and reads a destruction of the scumteam, by and large correctly townreading one another and having a really accurate POE pool.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #260 (isolation #5) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:37 pm

Post by mastina »

This'll either be an nth for a nomination this year or an nth for the first nomination of next year, but either way:
Game of the Year
1/2/2021 mastina Blade Dancer (Titus) PookyTheMagicalBear v Flavor Leaf This game was amazingly fun from start to finish, with an incredibly competent town and a fairly good scumteam who did well to keep the game competitive in spite of the town having the upper hand. It was a blast, and genuinely some of the most fun I've had in a game in the last 365 days. The town worked together fairly well, with only two mislynches--with one of them aided by a scum guiltying the town eliminated. They were, largely, on the same page, and the masons played incredibly well, but the scum still did a decent job at keeping the game competitive. It was genuinely fun and entertaining from start to finish, and a pleasure to be in and watch.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #265 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:29 pm

Post by mastina »

Also, I just noticed that nobody's done this one yet and good LORD why hasn't anyone done so?
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
1/2/2021 mastina Hectic Hectic has consistently performed incredibly well as town, most recently in pooky vs flavor leaf as pichu. However, I can link to multiple strong performances demonstrating his skill as town.

He is tremendously good at scumhunting, appearing obvtown, getting immense mileage out of whatever power role he is given, mechanical solving, and convincing others; a complete package in scumhunting skills.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #275 (isolation #7) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:58 pm

Post by mastina »

White Knight
1/2/2021 mastina MathBlade Mystyry box of sylvyr I: Isis game In this game, PlusJOYED was a slot that, while not widely scumread, had a fairly real chance of being an elimination at some point. The game, at the end of D1, was largely stalled, with less than 24 hours until deadline.

Enter MathBlade. MathBlade immediately fingered both of the scum, made correct deductions, and even made the correct scumteam callout. Over the course of less than 72 hours, he turned a slot from elimination-bait into the best shot at the N1 nightkill, universally townread by everyone, and driving a commanding presence in the game. Had he not been immediately removed N1 by the scum (and removing him did become their top priority), he'd have singlehandedly led the town to victory on D2. And he did that in what amounts to less than 48 hours of posting. In two days, he managed to singlehandedly change the course of the game.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #280 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:10 pm

Post by mastina »

White Knight
1/2/2021 mastina Churros Doubles Mafia Prior to Churros's replacement, the game was, largely, a disaster. After Churros replaced in, Churros managed to turn all the players who were convinced the slot was scum into correctly townreading Churros, and helped to, more or less, singlehandedly turn the game around to secure the second scum lynch of the game--which, thanks to that game's mechanics, resulted in an instant town win.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #303 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:19 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 301, MURDERCAT wrote:Good nom
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #309 (isolation #10) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:41 pm

Post by mastina »

Moment of Brilliance
1/4/2021 mastina Haschel Cedricson Among Us Mafia While the town was certainly not in a
bad
spot prior to Haschel's magnificent post, Haschel is singlehandedly the reason why that game was a perfect town win with no town eliminations. Haschel was, at the time, placed at L-1. With so much as a single extra vote, it was over: he'd be dead, the town would have ejected an innocent crewmate, and who knows what would've happened from there, but the scum would probably have had a significantly easier time sabotaging the town's alternate wincon and able to kill more freely.

Enter this magnificent post with a beautifully-written, in-depth, accurate case, which while amusing also perfectly nailed why Flea the Magician was scum.

With that one post, less than one page later, the Haschel wagon had collapsed and Flea was run up, eventually being ejected at the end of the day...as one of the scum's two critical power roles, one of their main ways of denying the town their alternate wincon.

With this one post, Haschel singlehandedly changed the course of the game--while it's possible that without it, the town would've still won, it'd have been more of a struggle, more of an uphill battle. But he managed to, thanks to that one post, essentially guarantee the town's flawless victory.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #312 (isolation #11) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:01 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 309, mastina wrote:
Moment of Brilliance
1/4/2021 mastina Haschel Cedricson Among Us Mafia While the town was certainly not in a
bad
spot prior to Haschel's magnificent post, Haschel is singlehandedly the reason why that game was a perfect town win with no town eliminations. Haschel was, at the time, placed at L-1. With so much as a single extra vote, it was over: he'd be dead, the town would have ejected an innocent crewmate, and who knows what would've happened from there, but the scum would probably have had a significantly easier time sabotaging the town's alternate wincon and able to kill more freely.

Enter this magnificent post with a beautifully-written, in-depth, accurate case, which while amusing also perfectly nailed why Flea the Magician was scum.

With that one post, less than one page later, the Haschel wagon had collapsed and Flea was run up, eventually being ejected at the end of the day...as one of the scum's two critical power roles, one of their main ways of denying the town their alternate wincon.

With this one post, Haschel singlehandedly changed the course of the game--while it's possible that without it, the town would've still won, it'd have been more of a struggle, more of an uphill battle. But he managed to, thanks to that one post, essentially guarantee the town's flawless victory.
(For the record, I did consider this nomination as Kodak Moment instead of Moment of Brilliance--while the two awards are fairly distinct in being for fairly different things, there are some cases where a nomination can blur the line between the two usually-distinct awards and be potentially suited as a nomination for either. However, by my personal understanding of Moment of Brilliance as an award versus Kodak Moment as an award, I think it does fit better as a Moment of Brilliance nomination.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #335 (isolation #12) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:05 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 318, Aristophanes wrote:
Post of the Year
05/01/2021
This nom is probably going to get vetoed but it was a great post for so many reasons!
In post 199, mastina wrote:
Goodfellas
?Post of the year?
12/20/2020
OkaPoka
mastina
Datisi, Untrod Tripod, Unnamed site staff Stop Getting Banned One of the most impressive examples of a select few individuals working in tandem to catch and eliminate scum. Normally, roleblocking the scumteam is what it is, but the site staff managed to perfect and coordinate the use of their investigative(s) to find and out information on the entire scumteam within 36 hours. Then comes Datisi, a vanilla town, who pieces the rest of the puzzle together (within 30 minutes!) and the flagbearer gets lim'd immediately after. Honestly, one of the fastest and most successful turn-arounds that I have ever seen. And shellyC and shellyC had us fooled for 2 whole months, impressive play, almost RAS/awestfie levels of deception.

I unironically want to make this as a nomination for whatever category it'd fit as. I think it's Post of the Year, since I believe the ruling is that Kodak is for mafia games only?
I mean, I support the nomination given that I basically made it myself. :P

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”