[OLD] Open Setup Ideas and Discussion

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6246 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:22 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Thinking out loud, I would totally claim doctor D1 if I was given the role. I think it would be the proper move (after baiting a wagon on you).
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6248 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:26 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Doctor.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6253 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:44 pm

Post by Tamuz »

In post 6249, Amrun wrote:In which set up?
Either of the Doctor's lines.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6256 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:07 pm

Post by Tamuz »

In the first table you lose almost nothing (chance to save tracker) for a very powerful gambit that will likely pull out 'known information tells'.

I don't have a high opinion of the Doctor role in newbies. Obviously if you miss it's basically VT. If you save a townie, you just bought your side a boring No-Lynch day (in my recent reading and experience). The only potential loss is the tracker option. You cut down the search space for the tracked, but also for the mafia. I haven't thought especially hard, but I think it would be worth it.

But, I mean, what was wrong with 2 scum, cop, doctor and 3 'nillas. That was the best newbie game mode :D
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6272 (isolation #4) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:39 am

Post by Tamuz »

In post 6259, Amrun wrote:Tamuz, there's very little actual pro-town motivation to do that.
I disagree. In Newbies Doctor's power is neutral unless it is:
1. Grouped with an information role
2. Successful 2+ times

The modifier Macho destroys the ability of PR#2 and the doctor to work together. The rDistribution would tell me never to bet on the doctor being successful for 2 night. If you aren't successful night 1 the chances drop even further.

Maybe a late D1 claim wouldn't be optimal, but certainly a D2 claim would greatly help out the town in terms of information. The cost is minimal compared to the reward. Either scum kill the doctor and you get a free pass on your info-role into what would likely be LyLo or scum hunt the info-role and you get a confirmed townie in, again, a likely LyLo.

Not that its too relevant since Macho has been ditched.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6315 (isolation #5) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:32 pm

Post by Tamuz »

In post 6310, SalmonellaDreams wrote:
RoleblockerMacho RoleblockerMafia Roleblocker
Vanilla RoleblockerMafia Roleblocker2-Shot Roleblocker
Mafia RoleblockerRoleblockerRoleblocker Townie

Discuss.
FTFY

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”