Title Fairy: Abuse of Mooglepower!

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2666 (isolation #0) » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:45 pm

Post by Feysal »

DGB should have her title fixed. Mafia Piñata got screwed up into Mafia Pi├▒ata.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2712 (isolation #1) » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:31 am

Post by Feysal »

In post 2710, redFF wrote:Anyway because it was lost in the crash nominate Amrun for
"You cAmrun but you can't hide"

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3872502#p3872502]post 3608[/url], Oman wrote:
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3870748#p3870748]post 3595[/url], redFF wrote:Nominate Amrun for
"You cAmrun, but you can't hide"

Because she's everywhere and shit.

I physically groaned at my screen.

I'm pretty drunk though, if that lessens the blow.

I don't think bringing back that suggestion from before the crash was worth it, but bringing back Oman's comment about it was.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2799 (isolation #2) » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:02 am

Post by Feysal »

In post 2788, Oman wrote:Feysal gets
Gotta Cache 'Em All
the moment he gives it the nod.

Not to be an ingrate, but I'm obliged to say no.

There have been a number of good points mentioned here. For one, I rather agree with Haylen about earning a title from long-term achievements. At the very least I think the title should say something about me. I think the pun is good, and the cache stuff fits - it is the sort of thing I just do. In past mafia games, I have always been involved in secretarial duties whenever there was a need to keep record of something, and to my amusement, there have been occasions when my records turned out to be more accurate than the mod's. The problem is that people would likely catch the Pokémon reference first, and that has nothing to do with me. To give a short anecdote, the only bit of Pokémon anime I ever saw consisted of a few seconds, where this girl whose name I never even knew was walking in the woods. "The forest is full of frolicking pokémons!" she said. "This is not for me!" I agreed, and walked away, though it had as much to do with the Finnish-language dubbing as it did with the series itself.

Then there is what Faraday said here:

In post 2779, Faraday wrote:The reason I suggested it for tierce as opposed to feysal is I got the impression she did more of the actual uh cache work? Could be wrong, but.

Feysal was more like HOLY SHIT DO ALL THIS AND MAGIC HAPPENS type thing, which is title worthy if we can think of something but we don't need to force it either.

I believe this is correct. From what I can tell, I have recovered pages of maybe half the number of games Tierce has. I feel my main contribution to the recovery effort has been keeping track of who has what, and especially in repairing pages cached by Google and sharing the method for doing that. You know, parsing. That may not be so easy to craft puns from though. I gave it a shot, and what I came up with was something completely different.

It is a shame that most of my best mafia performances have been off-site. To name one, I once played in an NCIS-themed game, where I was told that I was a town survivor, in other words I had to survive and I could only win with town. What I was not told was that I was an amnesiac reflexive silencer. And a miller. After I learned what I'd been I was stunned that I'd won.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2800 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:10 am

Post by Feysal »

In post 2789, Kublai Khan wrote:saulres ->
is watching you post

->
Stalker

->
IGMEOY

->
Mafia Voyeur

->
Always Watching

How about
Big Brother is Watching
or just
Big Brother
? This one may have been ruined by reality television though...
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2851 (isolation #4) » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:18 pm

Post by Feysal »

In post 2809, SleepyKrew wrote:also like to nom him for
Secretariat
because secretary/work horse pun.

I rather like this, though mostly because I associate it with a certain key body in the administration of the Soviet Union. I failed badly in Cold War Mafia, but being Soviet and German was still the perfect combination.

In post 2819, Mr. Flay wrote:In my geeky mind, this only reinforces the title for Feysal, as most people didn't understand his text-manipulation posts. :lol:

The joke would be on me too, since I don't really know who Oscar Goldman was either. I barely knew that a series named 6 Million Dollar Man existed, but I've never seen any of it.

I wonder... I seem to have a cameo in the 2011 Scummies thread, starting the rebuilding of the auditorium. There is a name for that kind of construction we're all familiar with: masonry. If rebuilding is the theme here, perhaps something could be worked out from that. Not that I've ever been a mason on this site.

More on saulres - one day it occurred to me that there are other words for watching which could be used for a title. One in particular caught my interest: scry. My reason for this is that scrying can refer specifically to watching from the afterlife, and for someone who has six feet each in a different grave that would be perfect.

There are a number of possibilities here...
Town Scrier

Scrying from on High

Scry for Me

Scry Me a River
(obviously impossible since there is a known scummer named CMAR, had to mention it anyway).
Out of these, the only one I really like is the first, so I'll nominate that.

Return to “Player Titles”