Blitz 21 - Hope plus One ―kibou― [End]

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:36 am

Post by Expedience »

VOTE: Scatterplot

I like this vote.

In post 157, Wisdom wrote:Ranger is town, and so are you and Plot. Now stop tunneling and look at Sakura and talah. And maybe KT.

Please explain why you think Scatterplot is town. I saw that shitty townread on PC and became instantly suspicious of them, their defensive backtracking on their stance only convinced me further. Throwing townreads at someone playing non-seriously is so easy for scum to do.

In post 49, Scatterplot wrote:I think this is jokier than Cobalt would be as scum!

This is mostly WIFOM, the meta aspect of it is largely unverifiable. In fact I have a specific and recent counterexample:
In post 401, PhantomCobalt wrote:
In post 400, TheCow wrote:PC, are you sure you're not a werewolf? Can you double check your role card real quick?

Oh noes, I've been exposed.

This is PhantomCobalt after being specifically called out as his real scum role along with his partner.

Basically all that I noticed about talah was the serious conversation starting thing trying to move out of RVS and I don't find it scummy or see why that wagon is moving so fast.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:39 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 162, Expedience wrote:Basically all that I noticed about talah was the serious conversation starting thing trying to move out of RVS and I don't find it scummy or see why that wagon is moving so fast.

Actually yeah now that I've said this, the unvote in is weird. I still want to hear more from them since I can hardly know from 3 posts.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:42 am

Post by Expedience »

Are you unsure about your reads, Scatterplot? There are a lot of question marks there.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:43 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 167, Expedience wrote:Are you unsure about your reads, Scatterplot? There are a lot of question marks there.

Oh, you were guessing the reasons for Ranger's reads. Nevermind.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:47 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 169, Antihero wrote:
In post 162, Expedience wrote:r see why that wagon is moving so fast.

oh boy...

No, Antihero, I am not implying some nebulous scum influence on talah's wagon. Nor am I implying that he is likely to be town due to this. I am simply stating that I don't support the wagon much and disagree with those who do.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:52 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 174, hiplop wrote:
In post 172, Expedience wrote:No, Antihero, I am not implying some nebulous scum influence on talah's wagon. Nor am I implying that he is likely to be town due to this. I am simply stating that I don't support the wagon much and disagree with those who do.

for what reasons? you seem to be disagreeing just because and that makes me very suspicious of you?

weird untouchable reads are weird

Because he has made three vaguely scummy posts and now has several votes on him and people wanting him dead.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:56 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 175, Wisdom wrote:
In post 162, Expedience wrote:Throwing townreads at someone playing non-seriously is so easy for scum to do.

Sure it is, but why is it impossible that a townie gut-townread a player for playing non-seriously?

Because I consider that unlikely, and the way they responded to and defended the read while downgrading it to a read of lesser significance. Also how their actual explanation for the read seems to be more based on tone than gut.

Why is it impossible that a townie was drunk and accidentally "scumslipped" in the thread?
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (isolation #7) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:03 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 177, Wisdom wrote:
In post 162, Expedience wrote:Basically all that I noticed about talah was the serious conversation starting thing trying to move out of RVS and I don't find it scummy or see why that wagon is moving so fast.

Because talah understood I was voting Sakura to poke her for reactions yet not only felt the need to mention it, he asked me why I was voting her on top of that.

I see that and when I first read it I thought he was just trying to move out of RVS. However, makes me think he genuinely wanted to know (or wanted to look like he wanted to know) why you voted Sakura.

My suspicion is that he is the one playing us all for reactions. Again, I want to hear more from him.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (isolation #8) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:18 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 184, Wisdom wrote:
In post 182, Expedience wrote:Because I consider that unlikely, and the way they responded to and defended the read while downgrading it to a read of lesser significance. Also how their actual explanation for the read seems to be more based on tone than gut.

It's not unlikely at all. I've townread people based on tone lots of times.

Good for you then. Scatterplot was professing to know that PC had a jokey tone as town but I have specific evidence to disprove this. Therefore I think the townread is more likely to be fabricated.

I think your "read defense" issues are just you not being familiar with Plotinus.

So you're saying that Plotinus usually is overdefensive and backtracks as town and that this is a null tell for them? I don't like meta and am dubious of your claim.

Maybe I would like to hear from Ether then.

In post 120, Mad King Ashnard wrote:Why did Plot back up that PC read as if he was the one who made it?

Also seconding this so fucking much. I got confused and thought it was just one person talking until I reread through their ISO.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:26 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 202, Wisdom wrote:Why do scum lie about meta reads, Expedience? It's something that can be cross-checked. If Ether indicated that she has had experience with scum-Cobalt, and he was more serious, then that's true, regardless of Ether's alignment.

I think that Scatterplot carelessly threw out a townread at PhantomCobalt and then used meta to justify it afterwards. If they came out originally saying that they thought PhantomCobalt was town from meta then I think they would put more thought into their stance beforehand and it wouldn't be so full of holes, but they had to be pushed to provide reasoning.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (isolation #10) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:27 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 216, Scatterplot wrote:@Expedience: 1) I have seen him claim scum
with another town player
as town. I have seen him fakeclaim cop as VT. I did look at the werewolf game and it's more complicated than that. The point is that it takes some amount of effort to read him and that includes giving him a little bit of space to do his thing in before just lynching him because he said something sloppy.

If it takes some amount of effort to read him, why did you write him off as town so quickly?

There's something he was doing in that werewolf game that he isn't doing here but he might do it later and I'm not going to say what it is to warn him not to do it. I don't understand why you don't understand this.

This is in reference and has relevance to..? Are you referring to him unscrupulously voting a counterwagon to save his partner, because he's already aware that this is a weakness of his play. If you meant that: Sure he isn't doing that yet, that isn't relevant to your townread on him currently.

It's not a binary "he jokes as town and doesn't as scum". A few people made me laugh in the first pages and that gave me happy feelings, and some of them additionally gave me townfeelings and some of them didn't so much. But it's something about his tone that I don't want to elaborate on
right now
but will elaborate on later if I want to. And meanwhile he has barely posted in the last few hours and I still need to see more from him and I'm not going to tell him what he needs to do more of!

3) As I said before, because Ether and I arrived at the same conclusion via different paths.

So what's your current read on him at this point? Still a townlean? Because I get the feeling that you're continuing to try and back down here.

Like this feels like when I think of something funny, but it's not really half as funny as I think it is, and ten minutes later i'm still laughing about it, and then everyone's asking me what's so funny why are you laughing, and i can barely choke out an answer and if I try to explain then nobody understands why it's funny and you can keep asking me but what's so funny about that and i feel like i've been explaining for 5 pages why i'm cracking up about a pun and why do you even care if it's not funny to you then it's not funny to you just let me laugh in my corner about it.

...okay I don't really relate? ._.

Like Ranger has Trebuchet MS as her third tier townread so i guess that's a townlean and where i'd probably have put phantom when we first made that post about Phantom after Ether and I were talking about him in AIM and yet we're not spending 5 pages interrogating Ranger about why Trebuchet is in group 3 instead of group 4 or group 2. And that's good because it's a pointless topic to spend 5 pages on. Who the fuck cares whether she has slightly stronger townread on wisdom than on trebuchet. Or we're not asking her why she had such a strong read on hippy loppy when he'd barely posted at that point. And we shouldn't be. It doesn't matter.

Well, I'm not townreading PhantomCobalt so it bothers me that you are. It was more than just the read that makes you scummy, but the way that you responded to pressure and people attacking your read. Although Wisdom assures me that this is all null, isn't that nice.

But I know Ranger really likes lists and often has reads which I don't agree with, so I don't really care about her at the moment.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (isolation #11) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:29 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 217, Antihero wrote:
In post 172, Expedience wrote:
In post 169, Antihero wrote:
In post 162, Expedience wrote:r see why that wagon is moving so fast.

oh boy...

No, Antihero, I am not implying some nebulous scum influence on talah's wagon. Nor am I implying that he is likely to be town due to this. I am simply stating that I don't support the wagon much and disagree with those who do.

"speed of the wagon" is informationless garbage

Nice to know.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (isolation #12) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:39 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 279, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 276, Wisdom wrote:I will continue telling you you're tunneling everytime you mention it.

In post 278, Wisdom wrote:Your gut is bad

^
Scum trying to discredit

You seem to be doing exactly this yourself:
In post 264, Sakura Hana wrote:Wisdom will try to overturn everything i say in a way that makes it look scummy.

Also I can't tell your avatar apart from the mod's and it's pissing me off.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (isolation #13) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:57 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 345, PhantomCobalt wrote:
In post 344, Ankamius wrote:
In post 340, PhantomCobalt wrote:@Ank can you really be wrong with a tell, though?

Sakura and I have extensive experience with each other. Just going by statistics, the odds of me being right over you are pretty high.

Ok, I understand.

Damn. Scatterplot / PC are both scum, aren't they. This is almost too fucking easy.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (isolation #14) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:02 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 372, Wisdom wrote:Phantom/KT/Expedience.

Hi, how's it going.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (isolation #15) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:05 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 359, talah wrote:
In post 177, Wisdom wrote:

Because talah understood I was voting Sakura to poke her for reactions yet not only felt the need to mention it, he asked me why I was voting her on top of that.

It's kind of rich to say I "understood" something when actually I took a guess based on you making a naked vote against Sakura.
Actually all I understood was that Sakura can get emotional, fast, and you tend to not give a crap about that if you're scum.

So I wanted to know how you were approaching things and it's as good a topic as any to push out of RVS.

See, this is the decent explanation I was waiting for him to post.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (isolation #16) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:09 pm

Post by Expedience »

Third scum is probably Trebuchet or Sakura imo. I haven't decided which of those arguments is TvT yet.

The way Trebuchet backed down from Anti in looks bad, as does the constant shit-flinging between Wisdom and Sakura (out of which Wisdom emerges the more reasonable-looking).
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (isolation #17) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:11 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 395, talah wrote:
In post 393, Expedience wrote:See, this is the decent explanation I was waiting for him to post.

:\

:?
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (isolation #18) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:48 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 399, talah wrote:It seems like you have a predisposition to wanting to townread me and want to have a reason to reinforce that after the fact.

Maybe this more appropriate
^_-

Kind of? Like, I saw potential town motivation in what you posted but everyone was prematurely bashing you for it. So I wanted you to come back and explain calmly.

I prefer ^—^ as an emote in general.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (isolation #19) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:54 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 431, Trebuchet MS wrote:Town Spiffeh is hedging and doesn't know yet.

Really? He's been pretty sure of himself about practically everything thusfar.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (isolation #20) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:51 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 446, KTthecreeper wrote:Okay Mad king's chainsaw defense has convinced me that scatterplot is scum VOTE: Scatterplot

What does this mean? Mad King Ashnard hasn't been defending Scatterplot, at all.

And what makes Scatterplot a better vote than PhantomCobalt, if you have such a strong meta read on PhantomCobalt?
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (isolation #21) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:06 am

Post by Expedience »

Got prodded. Reading up now!
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (isolation #22) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:00 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 686, Antihero wrote:alright expedience

you've got the conn

Indeed I do.

Talah is flailing under pressure. All of his reads are OMGUS trash and most of his defense has consisted of firing back questions and casting doubt at his accusers. On the other hand, the replacing out makes me think most of the frustration was probably genuine. I don't have problems with .

Ktthecreeper's posts on page 22 and 23 looked super fake, like he was trying to appear town but had no idea what he was doing (e.g. ). I don't think he replaced out strategically. and are scummy.

He could be just a VI though so let's hear from Firebringer. Appeal to emotion for me.

VOTE: Firebringer

That's L-1.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (isolation #23) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:18 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 799, Ranger wrote:
Expedience wrote:Indeed I do. Talah is flailing under pressure. All of his reads are OMGUS trash and most of his defense has consisted of firing back questions and casting doubt at his accusers. On the other hand, the replacing out makes me think most of the frustration was probably genuine. I don't have problems with 15.
Ktthecreeper's posts on page 22 and 23 looked super fake, like he was trying to appear town but had no idea what he was doing (e.g. 546). I don't think he replaced out strategically. 560 and 569 are scummy. He could be just a VI though so let's hear from Firebringer. Appeal to emotion for me.
VOTE: Firebringer
That's L-1.
If there's scum on the wagon, it goes without saying Expedience is it, though I haven't made up my mind, yet. Hard to tell right now.

I struggle to grasp the problems you and RC have with this post. Did you miss that I was weighing up two wagons which both had somewhat valid basis? Did you miss that the points cancel each other out since I'm getting mixed signals from both slots?
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (isolation #24) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:38 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 835, RadiantCowbells wrote:Look screw this I'm not post by post analysis.

There's a few things that really bother me.

1) Firebringer vote. He talks about how PC is obvious scum with Plot the whole game, then randomly decides to bring Firebringer to L-1 as a 'let's hear from Firebringer!' vote. And appeal to emotion, wtf? This is way out of place for where Town!Expedience is claiming to be at this point in time.

I was specifically prompted by Antihero to vote either talah or Firebringer, and this makes sense because my vote wasn't doing anything sitting on Scatterplot. My opinions changed vaguely when I caught up on many pages but I still have scumreads on both PC and Scatterplot, and would lynch Scatterplot today if I could. I mentioned appealing to emotion because that seems to be all Firebringer does under pressure, I wanted to see something indicative from him.

2) Talah read. He soft defended Talah literally the whole game, saying shit like 'oh maybe Talah's the one getting reactions you Talah voting b-bakas!', then finally after the replace he says something that implies that Talah could be scum but immediately switches back to townreading him because the frustration looked genuine on the replace out? I don't know, I don't like it. I 'think' they're scum together but not 100%.

Yeah, because in the pages I read up on I didn't like some of talah's posts. However it was not enough to significantly change my read on him.

3) The Plot vote in general. Of all the votes on the wagon, he felt the most 'trying to push counterwagon-y' of them. He did support the wagon more than others to his credit but I felt like his reasoning was forced and disingenuous and I just feel like the Plot wagon should have had a scum on it at least, and Expedience is sort of the most likely to be scum.

I'm still reasonably convinced that Scatterplot is scum and I stand by what I've said. Wisdom kept trying to poke holes in my arguments with some very pointed questions but I remain no less convinced.

4) Just gut. The way he talks, way he feels, I think he's scum.

This is realistically the largest influence on your read and it's wrong.

Oh and.

Damn. Scatterplot / PC are both scum, aren't they. This is almost too fucking easy.

This post is just sickeningly scummy.

I don't understand this for obvious reasons.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #925 (isolation #25) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:52 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 886, Mad King Ashnard wrote:That said, if Expedience flips town I will obviously reevaluate.

Will you?

Because really I see you just going "oh ok then ocean was wking expedience that makes sense pls lynch 100% certain". Even the preflip associations you're currently drawing are useless and leading you down the wrong track.

Town needs to pressure PhantomCobalt into doing something, he's gone inactive and is probably scum. I would also suggest copping RC for safety, since he looks confident enough this game to push mislynch after mislynch and get away with it.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1378 (isolation #26) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:57 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 1202, Wisdom wrote:Sakura, you can't exactly claim I voted the "obvious counterwagon" when I voted you when there wasn't the slightest movement towards a wagon on you.

Well, she can claim you started the "obvious counterwagon" then...

In post 1309, Trebuchet MS wrote:oh no a trust tell

In post 1319, Trebuchet MS wrote:(up until this page sakura was my largest scumread, and call me a sucker for AtE or whatever, but again dumb town trust tells)

The fuck is this?

It's not a trust tell since the replace out isn't indicative of alignment, right?? I'm trying to work out your mindset when making these posts, and I don't see how you could consider it a towntell unless you're scum and know she's town and mistakenly thought it pseudo-confirms her, or something. It's the type of thing that I would usually look at and think "oh its nonindicative youre just confbiasing", but you were supposedly scumreading Sakura before she replaced out.

Oh, and also, this:
In post 1180, Trebuchet MS wrote:Also fuck everyone who said the replace out wasn't scummy (not really).

It was scummy as fuck

~Spiffy

Makes me think that you knew that Firebringer was scum, and now you are slipping knowledge of Sakura being town.

I mean, I'm not saying that I think Sakura looks like town, but Trebuchet just seems so much worse here and I don't think they can both be scum.

VOTE: Trebuchet MS
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1380 (isolation #27) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:59 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 1275, Mad King Ashnard wrote:I will selfvote to avoid outing PRs conditional on Wisdom being cop checked tonight.

This is unnecessary, do you have to do shit like this?
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1487 (isolation #28) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:31 pm

Post by Expedience »

Wisdom wrote:Damn now I wanna townread you. This reaction is the typical town one for people in their first game with me.

What reaction and why? What I'm seeing doesn't seem enough to warrant such a sudden flip of your read, scum could very easily use your erraticness against you if you were town.

Which is odd because of how hard you were tunneling earlier.

And yes I see the irony here please don't point it out. It's a different tier of erraticness if you want. (phoneposting, imagine this quote comes second)

In post 1446, Wisdom wrote:
In post 1443, Scatterplot wrote:which is pretty much how I play as well so it's believable to me. I think town are more likely to be unsure and get cold feet whereas scum don't want to ruin any towncred they might have gotten for bussing by suddenly being unsure

That's not how I play. In Ether's Blitz I hard defended my buddy saying that he was chosen and scum were manipulating us into lynching him. Town lynched him anyway and then I spent the rest of the game saying that I would absolutely not defend my buddy like that and that I would have bussed him. The exact same thing RC is doing.

I actually find RC's explanation believable too. Not defending his partners when they're about to be lynched is a very strong trend across his games, I can't see him wanting to break this trend and defend Kt / Firebringer in the situation if they were scum together.

Just because you did it once doesn't make me think RC would do it. I think you're grasping at straws when evidence is presented contrary to what you want to hear.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1488 (isolation #29) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:34 pm

Post by Expedience »

I don't know why RC moved onto Spiffeh but I still feel good about my vote.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1752 (isolation #30) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:58 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 1522, Ranger wrote:voting someone he's treating as town in

No, I wasn't treating Scatterplot as town here. I was worried by how (what I thought was) her reads had question marks and thought there could be potential scum motivation behind unsure reads.

You keep pointing out things I say and invent the worst possible explanation behind them. For example, I vote someone you're townreading, you say I'm "encouraging a tvt".
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1754 (isolation #31) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:33 pm

Post by Expedience »

What is even happening anymore. There's so much non-indicative spam, half the players are yelling "x and y are scum!!!", and it makes my reads on their slots hazier and hazier.

Titus' VCA seems dubious and I can't really understand parts, but maybe that's how it's supposed to be? For example, calling PhantomCobalt scum just because he's potential lynchbait and hasn't been pushed is meh. Like, you could be one of the scum pushing him there. Or scum don't want to be seen as pushing lynchbait. The idea of treating scum as a hidden force that would bus at a certain time or would vote a certain player seems really open to manipulation. I don't think it's very alignment indicative in itself since Titus usually does VCA in all games, but I do wish that she'd use more than that to definitively call a player's alignment.

In post 1728, Titus wrote:
In post 725, pieguyn wrote:
votecount 1.9
Firebringer (5) - Ranger, Wisdom, PhantomCobalt, Scatterplot, Trebuchet MS
talah (5) - hiplop, Mad King Ashnard, Antihero, Sakura Hana, Ankamius

Scatterplot (2) - Expedience, Firebringer
Mad King Ashnard (1) - talah

Not voting (0) -

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is January 24, 2:00 GMT-7 or in (expired on 2016-01-24 02:00:00).

Plotinus head of Scatterplot is V/LA until January 24.

In post 778, pieguyn wrote:
votecount 1.10
Firebringer (4) - Ranger, PhantomCobalt, Trebuchet MS, Expedience
OceanWind (4) - hiplop, Antihero, Sakura Hana, Ankamius

Expedience (2) - Mad King Ashnard, Scatterplot
Scatterplot (1) - Firebringer
Mad King Ashnard (1) - OceanWind
Ankamius (1) - Wisdom

Not voting (0) -

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is January 24, 2:00 GMT-7 or in (expired on 2016-01-24 02:00:00).

In post 825, pieguyn wrote:
votecount 1.11
Firebringer (5) - Ranger, PhantomCobalt, Trebuchet MS, Expedience, Antihero

OceanWind (2) - hiplop, Sakura Hana
Expedience (2) - Mad King Ashnard, Scatterplot
Scatterplot (2) - Firebringer, OceanWind
Ankamius (1) - Wisdom
PhantomCobalt (1) - Ankamius

Not voting (0) -

That's not what I see.

Expedience made a post that was regarded as terrible, so he drew voters from both wagons (checked to see details).

Wisdom then takes the points as an excuse to stop voting Firebringer and goes to Ank, not Expedience.

Wisdom is then back on Expedience later in the bussing sweet spot or scum sneak on spot.

What does this even mean, if Wisdom is voting me not KTthecreeper in the "bussing sweet spot" then he's not bussing..?

In post 1570, Titus wrote:If phantom got a wagon, I would have voted there.

I want to point out that you claim to scumread PhantomCobalt
because he hasn't been wagoned yet

Titus, what's your read on PhantomCobalt disregarding VCA?

And Ranger, please don't come back telling everyone how scummy this post is for "encouraging a tvt". I feel like I might want to vote on this wagon but I want to be more sure about Titus first.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1811 (isolation #32) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:55 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 1798, Titus wrote:
In post 1796, Wisdom wrote:cmon, selfhammer like a good scum

I am already hammered I think. You got your mislynch.

Titus, vt, guts spread on floor.

Okay, bye.

VOTE: Titus
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2067 (isolation #33) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:33 am

Post by Expedience »

VOTE: PhantomCobalt
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2073 (isolation #34) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:36 am

Post by Expedience »

What's wrong with my vote?

Sure, I'll write some stuff.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2079 (isolation #35) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:59 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 1951, PhantomCobalt wrote:Ankamius, quite obviously. I'll make a case on him once I get PC access.

This is scummy because he claims that Ankiamus is obvious scum yet doesn't even vote him.

I also dislike how he joked about bussing KTthecreeper completely unprompted on d2. It was unnecessary and out of place and also bad in the context of how he was townread for it by Scatterplot on d1.

I think that Ranger is too confident and possible scum, her reads haven't changed hardly at all since early on and she keeps using anything she can to reinforce her hypothesis of Ankiamus and I being scum. Sometimes I have trouble making reads and getting involved in the game. Even in the MGS game you linked I became apathetic and lacked impact later in the game. When she didn't really explain why Sakura was town yesterday, that could be scum trying to whiteknight a town member but having trouble thinking up a convincing case.

Ankiamus sounds calm and I think his response to being wrong about Sakura is genuine. Most of the problems Ranger has with him (and me as well) are stupid things like activity levels and involvement in the game, and those aren't alignment indicative. I think I read another game of Ankiamus' before I played this game where he stressed how he has varying activity as either alignment. Actually I think it was his wiki page?

If anything, Wisdom saying that MKA was killed to frame him is scummy, but I have a townread on Wisdom regardless. Because he might have killed MKA and worried that people would suspect him for it.

Spiffeh sounds less overconfident now than he did on d1. I still don't like his stance on Sakura's replace out, especially after she flipped town. There are scummier players though.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2123 (isolation #36) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:59 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 2081, Wisdom wrote:Expedience, what about Scatterplot?

I'm not sure. I read their ISO and got confused, I think there's inconsistency in their stances that's more than just the hydra dissonance they have as well. The read on PhantomCobalt flips so many times. If PhantomCobalt flips scum, I think it's possible they are scumpartners because it's weird Scatterplot mentions it out of nowhere. I have trouble following their scumreads on Ankiamus and especially Wisdom.

They aren't an independently strong scumread like they were for me before, that feeling seems to have waned here.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2124 (isolation #37) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:01 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 2088, Antihero wrote:what i quoted on you was a non-stance. so is the thing on spiffeh.

Maybe it was a non-stance, I was just writing down my thoughts.

the scumread on phantom is stretched, phantom already said he was phoneposting and not voting is somehow the ultimate scumtell. weak.

I didn't say it was the ultimate scumtell, but it is a scumtell. I was lynched for doing that before (granted, I was town, but I think I was lynched for good reason). It's not very hard to vote while phoneposting since you can click a button and it inserts the vote tags.

(and how would plot townreading him for joking about something be relevant at all?)

Because he might continue doing that behavior if he sees that he gets townread for it.

the read on ranger is similarly strained (why would it be hard for scumranger to come up with reasons to townread sakura?)

Ranger's read on Sakura was strained in a similar way to how you consider my read on Ranger strained. Main difference is that my read isn't actually strained because of this. She wants to appear consistently pushing the same people so she has trouble explaining her reads on scummy town.

Also, I don't understand why you were giving me shit for the unexplained vote when you explicitly said in another game that people didn't have to give reasons for their reads.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2125 (isolation #38) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:02 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 2094, Antihero wrote:because the logic chains are just THAT weak

"he didn't vote ank when he phoneposted, he made a joke at the wrong time and bee tee dubs plot townread him for that and he's scum"

unless you want to make the argument that expedience is bad, but he never struck me as such

For someone offended by being called "underwhelming", this isn't a nice thing to say.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2128 (isolation #39) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:11 am

Post by Expedience »

I'm not sure how you expect me to answer that question. I wouldn't oppose lynching Scatterplot, no. But it wouldn't be optimal in my opinion.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2130 (isolation #40) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:13 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 2127, Wisdom wrote:In regards to Ranger, I know how she might look like scum to you because of her sticky deathtunnels that don't change, but it's just that Ranger is stubborn. It's not that she's scum, it's that she really strongly believes she has caught both remaining scum and holds onto it.

In my experience with her, she has been confident but never this confident. It's not a difficult thing to fake as scum, apart from the having to awkwardly townread the scummy town players part.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2132 (isolation #41) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:15 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 2129, Wisdom wrote:It's just that there are five of us on their two wagons and we should agree on lynching one of them.

I don't think that's really a concern this early in the day. We still have time to hear from both of them.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2135 (isolation #42) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:25 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 2131, Scatterplot wrote:Expedience, have you read ?

--P

Yeah, I read it earlier and it felt irrelevant. I checked his ISO in the other game just now and that seems like evidence for him being scum, so I'm more confused as to why you're refusing to vote him.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2136 (isolation #43) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:28 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 2133, Wisdom wrote:I know, but there's actual conviction in her posts that shows she really believes in her scumreads rather than simply trying to push a mislynch. There's also actual anger in her posts when other people don't agree with her points.

I know RadiantCowbells does the fake anger thing as scum. The fact that she's so ridiculously overconfident with defending the reads makes me think that it's faked.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2138 (isolation #44) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:36 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 2137, Scatterplot wrote:I'm not refusing to vote him. I want to finish ISOing some other people.

So you think he's scum, then? This was not at all clear from your strong pushing on Wisdom and Ankiamus, it sounded like you were not wanting to vote him because you thought he was town.

How is it irrelevant when it explains the thing you've been tunnelling me for all game? You've done almost nothing else but try to tie me to his slot because of something I did in RVS to get reads.

--P

It's not about that any more, that was d1.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2139 (isolation #45) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:37 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 2077, Scatterplot wrote:Just to be clear, I'm not voting PhantomCobalt. If you were trying to pin down potential scumbuddies for me, go ahead and use him, I guess.

I was referring to this weird af post.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2329 (isolation #46) » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:48 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 2323, Scatterplot wrote:This is scum theatre and you're both scum.

VOTE: Wisdom L-4

--P

Makes perfect sense, to think that your entire play has been building up to this one glorious observation!

VOTE: Scatterplot

I'll respond to other stuff later, but I don't have time right now.

Since certain people seem to hypocritically hate when I give unexplained votes, I'll say that I really disliked Scatterplot's posturing on PhantomCobalt.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2507 (isolation #47) » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:01 pm

Post by Expedience »

UNVOTE: Scatterplot

So yeah, I'm a vanilla townie... ._.

I think that's everyone who's claimed?
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2536 (isolation #48) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:20 pm

Post by Expedience »

VOTE: Ranger

I'm sure it's Ranger. The whole game she's been excessively confident in her static reads, barely changing her opinion at all after multiple flips. This is scummy in itself. The sudden switch on hiplop from a townread to a scumread was very out-of-character compared to the rest of her play this game, so it's most likely a bus. There's... a certain attitude she displays in some posts which feels like she's trying to push her reads on the basis that she hasn't been proven wrong yet.

In post 2524, Gorkington wrote:if ranger is scum i'll take the loss. a bus on hiplop the way she played it would be scummy-worthy.

It was immediately after the cop died and the optimal time to bus her partner, because there's little further risk of being caught by PoE.

I understand why it probably makes the most sense to lynch me, and I don't ultimately mind being lynched today, but please make sure to lynch Ranger tomorrow / at LyLo, whatever.

In post 2533, Ranger wrote:I'd vote Expedience right now since I'm
pretty
sure that'd end the game, but, you know.
Formalities, just-in-case talking, discussion, we have the time, etc.

Even just look at this. From the perspective of town!Ranger as we have seen her so far this game, she's shown that she was 99.999999% convinced that everyone currently alive is town and I'm scum. She's afraid to hammer here, because she knows I'll flip town and will have suspicion directed onto her tomorrow.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2548 (isolation #49) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:50 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 2540, Gorkington wrote:expedience can you come and claim scum please.

No need to worry, I was scum. Good game!
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2615 (isolation #50) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:20 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 2599, pieguyn wrote:scum PT will be up as soon as Expedience arrives and confirms he has no issue releasing it

Releasing it is fine.

I thought we were doing okay until Ranger decided to vote hiplop, that indeed probably won the game for town. It was surprising how efficient that lynch was, before then there were a lot of disagreements and we could easily hide in the noise.

I found this game difficult to be involved in because of how fast everything moved. My stances were bad not because I was newbtown, but because I was scum and had little capacity to make convincing reads through all the posts, so I guess this kinda worked??

Return to “Blitz Games Trial”