Newbie 989 - Dead Serious Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Newbie 989 - Dead Serious Game Over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:51 am

Post by Haylen »

Newbie 989 -Dead Serious

This was a trip you had been really looking forward to, spending 7 days in a huge lodge on a random mountain in the middle of the Alps. Above is the image you can see from your window, it has excellant views, wonderful fresh air and nothing but silence. You and 9 friends had decided that this should be your summer trip together. It was nice to trade the hustle and bustle of the city, for the peace and tranquility of the mountains. Then one Day, a letter appeared on the table in the lounge, it said "One person will die per night until either you or we are still alive. We will give you a chance though, you may kill somebody during the Day. Kill us, before we kill you." You didn't think much of it - it was probably Jimmy pulling a prank again. But then, you woke up to a chilling scene the next day, Jimmy was dead on the Kitchen floor it looked as though he had been strangled. One thing was for sure, Jimmy wasn't the prankster and the prankster was Dead Serious.

Players Alive

Boberz
Domino (rep. Rioku243)
funkyzafara

Players Suffering from a bad case of dead

Mr Nobody - Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day One

RandomMaster - Vanilla Townie - Killed Night One

Mallowgeno - Mafia Goon - Lynched Day Two

ScramblesTheDeathDealer - Vanilla Townie - Killed Night Two

Espeonage - Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day Three

Trendall - Vanilla Townie - Killed Night Seven
Last edited by Haylen on Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:05 am, edited 19 times in total.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:52 am

Post by Haylen »

Haylen's Rules (Cross referenced with Incognito and Vi's rules to makes sure she got everything.)

During the Day...

The game is a Day Start.
You must bold your votes as such
Vote: Battle Mage
, please put the unvote where I can see it though, at the bottom of the post preferably. Unvoting makes me happy, but isn't completely necessary.
Each Day will have a deadline of 3 weeks, not reaching a majority of votes during that time will result in a no lynch. I may extend the deadline in special circumstances. I may also reduce the deadline by one day each time if activity does not pick up. Don't lurk. Lurking makes me sad :cry:
Mafia may not speak to each other during the day, lest you be smited.
You may not quote your role PM's or any other communication outside thread, with the mod. Lest you be smited.
I don't like cheaters.
(a)
Anybody who is found to be using invisible text, spoiler tags, encryption or anything as such will be smited unless they have an extremely good reason. Not knowing is not a good reason.
(b)
If you have the power to edit yours or anyone elses posts. Dont. Lest you be smited.
7a.
If you do not post within 72 hrs, you will receive a prod. Failure to response to the prod within 72 hrs will result in an automatic replacement. Three prods with result in an automatic replacement aswell.
b.
All mod communication should be opened as they are likely to contain important information about the game. This is to prevent mistakes with prods ect.
c.
If the third real life day after a prod is sent occurs during the night, then players are required to reply to their prod via PM. This is so that if a replacement is needed one can be found ASAP.
If you don't post for a whole game day, you'll be forcibly replaced.

During Twilight

Votes and unvotes will not be counted after a lynch.
The person lynched may still talk during Twilight.
4. Mafia still can't talk during this time.

During the Night Phase

The Night Phase will last 72 hrs. I like this number. Any actions that have not been received by then will be forgone. (Night may end early if all actions are received)
If your role permits it, you may talk to the players I have given you permission to talk to during the night.
Mafia, whoever sends in the kill, don't try and kill your partners, I will not be messed with.
Don't try and impersonate the mafia by sending me fake action PM's, I will not appreciate it, and you will be smited.

General Rules

I will not accept insulting behaviour in my games, anybody doing so will receive a nice, well worded warning from me in thread. Further breaking of the rule will receive a harsher punishment.
Blue is my colour. Dont use any kind of blue in your posts, I will count it as impersonating the mod and you will be smited. Sometimes I like to edit your posts, if I do I'll use my colour.
Never talk to anybody outside the game except if your role permits it, and I have told you you can talk now.
Don't piss off the mod. You will be smited.
If you think you have found a loophole with my rules, you haven't. I will recognise a loophole breakage and punish you accordingly.
Smitings (AKA) 'Modkills', means I kill you immediately (for breaking the rules) and change your role to Neutral Survivor, meaning you auto-lose. Smitings (AKA) 'Modkills' automatically end the day. Period.
Play to win, just like everyone else. Don't get disheartened if you're lynched or attacked, basically don't take anything personally. If you feel somebodies behaviour has been inappropriate PM me about it and I will deal with it in some form or another.
Thy mod is thy godess...however, I may make a mistake, if I do; PM me about it and I'll deal with it in some form or another.
If you need help PM me...or AIM me, I'm always online (except when I'm sleeping, or in a lecture.)
The mod is afraid of ghosts, don't post when you're dead, you will scare her. Leave it to end game discussion...
Treat this game as a commitment, and be courteous to your fellow players. It will make everybody, including your mod happy. Smile
It is my prerogative to change the rules if I deem it necessary, you shall receive a notification in thread and a PM aswell to notify you of these changes.
I like receiving PM's, if anybody fancies PMing me for a chat or rant go for it. I can't talk about game specifics though, obv obv.

IC'sIC's are Inexperienced Challenged players, they are here to help you learn to play the game correctly. If you have any game or theory related questions, they will be happy to help you. If, however, you need help understanding your role or something role specific, you should PM me.

They must follow the roles set out in the Being a Good IC wiki page.

You may also find useful information on theory ect on the MafiaScum Wiki.

Mafia is a game of honor. Cheating is breaking the honor code you committed to when you joined this site.

And lastly...have fun! :D

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:53 am

Post by Haylen »

The game will use
one
of these 4 setups, I can't tell you which it is though :p but I did randomize it using random.org. Please note, it is rare that you will come across one of these setups in a non Road to Rome game, so please prepare yourself for changes in rules, roles and setups when you sign up to other games.

Possible Setups

1 Mafia Goon
1 Mafia Roleblocker
1 Cop
1 Doc
5 Townies

OR

2 Mafia Goons
1 Cop
6 Townies

OR

2 Mafia Goons
1 Doc
6 Townies

OR

1 Mafia Goon
1 Mafia Roleblocker
7 Townies

Possible Role PMs

Mafia Aligned

Mafia GoonYou are a
Mafia Goon
, one of the 'baddies' of the city. You are one of the people who have been committing murder in the village. Along with your partner [playername] who is a Mafia Goon/Mafia Roleblocker, you must hide amongst the townies by day and kill them off at night.

During the night, you can talk with your partner in [this] quicktopic, you can then send me a message as to who you wish to night kill as a team.

You win when the mafia are the majority of players in the game or nothing can prevent the same.

To confirm, please state your role back to me via PM.

Game thread is [here]

Mafia Role BlockerYou are a
Mafia Roleblocker
, one of the 'baddies' of the city. You are one of the people who have been committing murder in the village. Along with your partner [playername] who is a Mafia Goon, you must hide amongst the townies by day and kill them off at night.

During the night, you can talk with your partner in [this] quicktopic, you can then send me a message as to who you wish to night kill as a team. You also have the ability to roleblock one player per night - this means if they have any night actions, they will not be inaffective.

Note: If the goon dies, the Role Blocker can send in both the role block and the mafia kill. But the goon cannot send in a role block if the role blocker dies.

Game thread is [here]

Town Aligned

CopYou are a
Cop
, on the side of the town. During the day, you may vote to decide who you think is mafia. When it is night, you may send me the name of one player you wish to investigate via Private Message. You will get one of the following results:

Innocent - This means they are town.
Guilty - This means they are mafia.
Inspection Unsuccessful - Meaning you have been roleblocked.

You win with the town, when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Note: The only type of cop used in these setups are Sane Night Cops, they're the most common types of cop

Game thread is [here]

DocYou are a
Doc
, on the side of the town. During the day, you may vote to decide who you think is mafia. When it is night, you may send me the name of a player you wish to protect at night. This means that that player will be protected from mafia night kills, unless you have been roleblocked.

Note: Only Sane Doc's are used in these setups.

Game thread is [here]

Vanilla TownieYou are a
Vanilla Townie
, the only thing you have in the game is your vote and mind.

Game thread is [here]

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:15 am

Post by Haylen »

Role PM's are going out now. Please confirm by stating your role in a PM back to me.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:34 am

Post by Haylen »

Everybody has confirmed. It is now Day One Thursday 19th August, 9pm GMT+1.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Now, go kill some people!

Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:03 am

Post by Espeonage »

Hi Everyone, I am your IC for this game. There are alot of ICs that make a large introductory post with little things that help newbies but I find they always forget something. As such I'm not going to do one. Instead every now and then I will have little IC tags ([IC][/IC]) around parts of my post as they will have some sort of lesson in them.

To start us off we are in the RVS stage. This is where we start placing random votes until more solid cases can be built.

Also just so we are all on the same page with each other. Could you please answer these questions:
What experience do you have playing Mafia if any at all?
What is your timezone?

Good Luck everyone. Have a fun game.

VOTE: Rioku
Suicune is better. :p
Don't @ me.
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:33 am

Post by ScramblesTheDeathDealer »

What experience do you have playing Mafia if any at all?
One newb game, and one game that had like 30 players or something offsite.
What is your timezone?
EST

Vote: funkyzafara
because every time I try to go where I want to be it's already where I am, CAUSE I'M ALREADY THEEEERRREEE.
MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDERMURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:59 am

Post by Rioku243 »

As for your questions...
1) I've played IRL but it's mostly been RVS the entire time and there aren't any reveals when you die... So it's very different from this site. This is my first game online
2) I'm UTC (-5)

But as for your vote, you're thinking of Raikou, not Rioku ;). Very different meanings.

VOTE: Mr. Nobody, Being Nobody does not help the town in any way shape or form.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:07 am

Post by Trendall »

Hey everyone. I've played one game on this site before, and a couple of games with friends on another private forum. I also go on epicmafia sometimes, but I don't like it anywhere near as much as forum games. I live in England, so my time zone's BST, but I'm a student on holiday at the moment, which means I often get up late and go to bed at crazy times in the morning. So, I'll probably be online at pretty much the same times as everybody else. Looking forward to playing.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:35 am

Post by Espeonage »

To answer my own questions.
I have many games here and on three other sites. This is my favorite style of game however. never played irl before though.
GMT+10. So Australia. I am on at all times though. like it's 5:30 in the morning at the moment and I am online.
Don't @ me.
RandomMaster
RandomMaster
Townie
RandomMaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:27 am

Post by RandomMaster »

I'm in AST, like Atlantic Canada. I've played a few games here and there, mostly replacing in or out. I've only ever played one full game.

Vote: Trendall
No random vote?! Blasphemy!!
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody
Townie
Mr Nobody
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:33 am

Post by Mr Nobody »

I've played games in "meatworld" a bunch. Not much special roles beyond cop and doctor though. My timezone is Pacific.

Vote: Rioku243

He voted for me.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:33 am

Post by Trendall »

RandomMaster wrote:I'm in AST, like Atlantic Canada. I've played a few games here and there, mostly replacing in or out. I've only ever played one full game.

Vote: Trendall
No random vote?! Blasphemy!!
Yeahh, I couldn't think of any witty jokes about people's names.
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:15 pm

Unvote

Vote: Mr Nobody

1.) OMGUS
2.) Rioku voted Nobody, and I used to watch Inuyasha o3o
3.) We're still in RVS, so I don't actually need valid reasons, neither of which those two are
4.) I think a wagon might help get things going a bit.
MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDERMURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER MURMAIDER
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:02 pm

Post by Espeonage »

ScramblesTheDeathDealer wrote:
Unvote

Vote: Mr Nobody

1.) OMGUS
2.) Rioku voted Nobody, and I used to watch Inuyasha o3o
3.) We're still in RVS, so I don't actually need valid reasons, neither of which those two are
4.) I think a wagon might help get things going a bit.
1) OMGUSing the OMGUS
3) Makes me uneasy. RVS doesn't mean you can go around putting your votes wherever willy nilly. The RVS has a purpose. To gain info.

FoS: STDD

[IC]Fos stands for Finger of suspicion. it usually means that you are finding the person scummy but unwarranting of your vote.[/IC]
Don't @ me.
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:31 pm

Espeonage wrote: 1) OMGUSing the OMGUS
3) Makes me uneasy. RVS doesn't mean you can go around putting your votes wherever willy nilly. The RVS has a purpose. To gain info.
I don't think it's possible to OMGUS an OMGUS,
He'd have to vote me to OMGUS him. When I said OMGUS, I meant
he
was OMGUS'ing.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:41 pm

Post by Espeonage »

I meant that he omgus and you used that as reasoning for a vote. And you called it omgus. I should have put a question mark instead of a full stop. Anyways. you still hath fos.
Don't @ me.
Rioku243
Rioku243
Townie
Rioku243
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:25 am

Post by Rioku243 »

Isn't OMGUSing usually a scummy thing to do? Or is it different because it's RVS?
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:02 am

Post by mallowgeno »

What experience do you have playing Mafia if any at all? Played several games on here, played many on epicmafia
What is your timezone? None of your business, but I'll tell you anyway (EST)

vote Espeonage
(I think I slaughtered your name)

Reasoning being just b/c ur the IC doesn't mean you can tell people what pokemon are hip and what pokemon aren't :P
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:23 am

Post by Trendall »

An IC without an avatar? What the hell is this?

Vote: mallowgeno
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody
Townie
Mr Nobody
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:11 am

Post by Mr Nobody »

Rioku243 wrote:Isn't OMGUSing usually a scummy thing to do? Or is it different because it's RVS?
I don't know.
*checks the wiki*
The wiki seems to suggest that it can be used by scum, but that it's also used as a random vote.

What's the point behind a FoS?
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody
Townie
Mr Nobody
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:20 am

Post by Mr Nobody »

I voted for Rioku because it had slightly more reason (maybe not a very good one) than a random vote. Also, because it was slightly different than a random vote. It has gotten some discussion going after all.
Mr Nobody
Mr Nobody
Townie
Mr Nobody
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:30 am

Post by Mr Nobody »

And because I thought I'd start a small bandwagon. (Man, I keep forgetting things.)
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
ScramblesTheDeathDealer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:54 am

Mr Nobody wrote:I voted for Rioku because it had slightly more reason (maybe not a very good one) than a random vote. Also, because it was slightly different than a random vote. It has gotten some discussion going after all.
Ok buddy, no need to get all defensive at a mere 2 votes - especially ones in RVS.
Trendall wrote:An IC without an avatar? What the hell is this?

Vote: mallowgeno
He be an SE, silly lil' goose. :D
Mr Nobody wrote:What's the point behind a FoS?
An FoS is basically just a way of letting someone know you find them scummy, but not to the point of voting them yet.

And finally, my dear Nobody
Mr Nobody wrote:And because I thought I'd start a small bandwagon. (Man, I keep forgetting things.)
It seems like you are trying to add reasons in attempt to make your vote appear more valid, even though it doesn't need validity - we're in RVS.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:05 am

Post by mallowgeno »

ScramblesTheDeathDealer wrote:
It seems like you are trying to add reasons in attempt to make your vote appear more valid, even though it doesn't need validity - we're in RVS.
Yeah in RVS you are just trying to get reads on people, starting pointless bandwagons to see how a player reacts.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”