Newbie 947 (Game over Scum wins!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Newbie 947 (Game over Scum wins!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:53 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Newbie 947:

Most of you are new to this and are distressed to find out that several of your fellow town members have been murdered.

What exactly are you guys going to do about these murders? Why the most rational thing of course! Lynch the offenders with extreme prejudice!

Players:

bemyally

jmurph3

The King of Eggs
Tyrope
Xc0m

Jerbs
(SE)
MichelSableheart
(IC)

Players Dead:

Me=Weird
xSekirei
(Vanilla Townie)
lynched day 1
Wacka Alpaca
dandman999
(Town Cop)
killed night 1
Haylen
PatResults
(Vanilla Townie)
lynched day 2
J.R
Mb53 superdemongob
(Vanilla Townie)
killed night 2

Players in bold are confirmed.

The IC(s) are here to help you learn to play the game. Their play is governed by the wiki article Being a good IC.
Last edited by Zachrulez on Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:30 am, edited 16 times in total.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:54 am

Post by Zachrulez »

General Rules

Do not talk about the game outside of it unless your role allows you to.

Do not edit or delete your posts in anyway. (Assuming you have the power to do so.)

Do not quote any moderator pms sent to you by me. (This includes role pms.)

Feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns you have. I will make in game announcements if appropriate.

Do not use any font size other than normal please. I will warn violaters, and will modkill repeat offenders. Don't try to hide text or make it difficult to read either. (Also, absolutely no encrypted text of any kind.)

Once you're dead, stop typing. (I will allow one contentless "bah" post as an exception.)

Please treat the other players in the game with respect. I do not want to have to intervene if the game starts to get personal, but I will if I have to.

Do not talk about ongoing games please.

This is my color, don't use it.

I reserve the right to add, remove and change rules as I see fit to improve the quality of the game. I will also clarify the rules as needed. (Exceptions are rules that have a * next to them. These rules are required of newbie mods and not within my power to change. I will clarify them as necessary though.)

Modkills will end the day. (Breaking or pretending to break any rule on my ruleset may be grounds for this at my discretion. Your role will be changed to neutral survivor and you will automatically lose the game if you are modkilled, so be forewarned.)

Gameplay Rules

Each day the town decides on a lynch. You will require one half of the living players plus one in order to achieve a lynching majority. I will go out of my way to make sure you are aware of this number. Be aware that you must achieve this threshold for a lynch, even at deadline.

To vote please do so in this format
Vote: Lien
Please bold your vote and try to put it at the bottom of your post. (Not required but appreciated.) Failure to vote in the bold format may result in the vote not being counted. (At my discretion I will determine vote intent.)

Unvoting is appreciated, but not required. Please post it in bold if you do it.

No lynch is also allowed, under the same format.
Vote: No Lynch
A majority vote for no lynch will send the game into night without a lynch.

*Newbie games require a 3 week deadline from the start of the day. Generally, extensions are not allowed except for extreme circumstances. Be aware of this.

You are subject to a mod prod after 72 hours of inactivity. Players may request a prod after 48 hours themselves if they you haven't posted in that time frame. You will have 48 hours to respond to a prod before I start searching for a replacement. I will not acknowledge whether or not a prod has been picked up, but I will announce the prod.

If you are unable to meet the minimum posting requirements for any reason. Please let us know in thread. Don't leave us hanging.

Once a majority is reached, that player is lynched and can not be saved with unvotes. All players including the lynched player are free to continue posting until I get around to locking the thread.

Night will last a maximum of 3 days under normal circumstances. In order to prevent metagaming I will mass pm all living players when night falls to make sure everyone is still active in the game and has an opportunity to submit a night action.

Last and Most importantly, have fun!
Last edited by Zachrulez on Tue May 18, 2010 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:54 am

Post by Zachrulez »

The F11 setup is the current game format used in Newbie games. To prevent the development of game-breaking strategies, these Newbie Games are Semi-Open, wherein the actual game setup is randomly chosen from one of four possible setups as detailed below:
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 5 Townies
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Doctor, 6 Townies
If either of the first two setups are in play, and the situation occurs where the Goon is lynched first, the Roleblocker will still be able to submit both night kills and roleblocks (roleblocking is a function of the Roleblocker; night kills are a function of the scum team as a whole).

These are the Role PMs that have potentially been sent to the players:

Mafia-Aligned players:

Mod wrote:

You are a member of the Mafia along with your partner,
name
. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.
  • During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
  • During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via PM) and choose another player in the town to kill that night.
  • You may communicate privately with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened. Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
  • You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:

You are a member of the Mafia along with your partner,
name
. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.
  • During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
  • As a Roleblocker, you have the ability to distract any player throughout the night, effectively negating their night ability, if they have one.
  • Send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to block. If they have a Night action, it will have no effect. You will not be informed as to whether your roleblock worked or not.
  • During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via PM) and choose another player in the town to kill that night.
  • You may communicate privately with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened. Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
  • You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.

Town-Aligned players:

Mod wrote:

You are a normal townsperson, trying to make a living and survive this insanity.
  • You have no abilities at Night other than getting a good night's rest.
  • Although you do not have any special abilities, your voice and vote are powerful weapons in their own right. Use them to your best advantage!
  • At no time may you privately communicate with any other player.
  • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:

You are the local law enforcement, and can tell the good guys from the bad.
  • Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to investigate.
  • The Moderator will inform you as to that person’s guilt or innocence.
  • In a Newbie game, you will always get a correct result (no sanity issues).
  • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
Mod wrote:

You are the local physician, and can protect people from harm.
  • Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to protect.
  • If someone attempts to kill that player during the Night, they will be spared.
  • You may not protect yourself.
  • In a Newbie game, your protection target will always live through the night (no quacks).
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:26 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Haylen replaces Patresults effective immediately.

... ahem... Role PMs are out. Day 1 will begin once everyone has confirmed.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:56 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I have received 8 confirmations. That is enough to start day 1.

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Deadline is May 19th at 9am CST.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:06 am

Post by jmurph3 »

Vote: Xc0m
for having the shortest name. :D And hi to everyone else.
Xc0m
Xc0m
Townie
Xc0m
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:20 am

Post by Xc0m »

Woah, first vote and it's me. I sure didn't expect that. Anyways, hello everyone. :)

Vote: MichelSableheart
because he's the most experienced player according to the ranking. :)
Everybody lies.
superdemongob
superdemongob
Townie
superdemongob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:43 am

Post by superdemongob »

Hi everybody,
beautiful day isn't it?
i really want a cup of tea.
would any of you like to come over?

also, why are we trying to kill of the player thats supposed to provide guidance and support?

Vote: No Lynch
we don't know anything about anybody yet.
Free World Domination consultation available.
PM for Details.

[url=http://internetometer.com/give/11684]http://internetometer.com/image/11684.png[/url]
superdemongob
superdemongob
Townie
superdemongob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:52 am

Post by superdemongob »

acutally, xcom has the fallout guy as his avatar and i didn't really like fallout 3 so...
sorry xcom.

Unvote: No Lynch
Vote Xcom
PM for Details.

[url=http://internetometer.com/give/11684]http://internetometer.com/image/11684.png[/url]
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:06 am

Post by Haylen »

Hi, I'm Haylen one of your SE's, I'm also qualified to be an IC but ZACH FORGOT TO MAKE ME ONE IN THE OP!
Yes, Zachypoo, that was aimed at you. :x

I am going to shamelessly copy something from the first game I IC'd now. Hey, I wrote it, it's mine to do with as I will :P
Hi, guys. Welcome to MafiaScum! :D And possibly your first game here. My name's Haylen, I will answer to any variation of that. I'm
one of
your IC
's
(Inexperienced Challenged player...political correctness and all that) and it's my job to show you the ropes and to make sure you understand what is going on. You can ask me any questions you have during the game, unless it is about your role, in which case you must send a PM with your question to
Vi
Zach (the mod), neither of us bite so don't feel you can't approach us about things. I completely understand that your first game may be a daunting experience...hell, I remember my first game, ended up getting night killed on Night One, and most of you will be in the same boat regarding experience level but you're all here to learn. If you feel as though you haven't done well, don't be put out, just learn from it and improve. It is not cool to insult players for poor logic, anyone caught doing so will receive a post specially made for them in which I barate you...in a kind way. Don't take attacks on your logic personally, or lynches. They happen, that's what Mafia is all about.

Aswell as being a helper here, I am also a player in the game, even though this is a newbie game, I will not be toning down my play, I'll be treating it like a game from any of the other forums otherwise you wont be able to learn and grow as players. Just because I'm
the
an IC, it doesn't mean you can't attack my logic. I will NEVER lie in my answers when questions asked about game mechanics ect. That would completely defeat the purpose of my being an IC here. If I don't answer your questions quick enough, which is extremely unlikely, I believe the
SE is Taranski
is Michel which means he's
a
Semi Experienced player and may also be able to help.
IC like me! Oh, Jerbs is the SE, he can answer questions too

Anyway, read the rules
Vi
Zach has decided to use (warning: other mods may decide to use different variations of these rules,
but the fundamentals are all the same,so don't get confused). When this game is over, and you're all excited about joining games in other forums, ask yourselves if you truly feel ready for it...there's nothing worse than going into a mini normal game (or any other non road to rome game, for that matter) and realising halfway through it that you aren't ready.

And have fun!!!

(by the way, I will be taking notes all through the game, because I am stupidly organised and a perfectionist, so I will be able to tell you what was good, what went wrong and how to improve, when the game has ended.)

Back to player mode :)

Big warning: I like to multipost, meaning I will post more than once in a row. Usually because I have just remembered something I wanted to say in the post before but forgot. I will spare you my megaposts, no player should ever have to deal with them. Also, my grammar is generally terrible because I'm thinking of writing down what I want to say.

First thing's first.

How we vote and unvote:
Vi
Zach says in
her
:P rules that we have to bold votes and unvotes. This is how we do that:

Code: Select all

[b] Vote: playername [/b] or [b] Unvote: playername [/b]

Another important part of the game is quoting, you will find that you want to quote another player and some point or another. We do that like this:

[quote="playername"] what they said [/quote]

A little bit more complicated is putting in a link to another post as it requires multiple steps, you might want to use this sometimes when refering to the whole of a post, rather than quoting the whole thing. Here you go:

1) In the post you want to link, click on the little white symbol to the left of the word 'Posted' at the top of the post.
2) Once you have done this, copy and paste the url from your internet's address bar.
3) you will need to do this:

[url=pasted url from address bar] post number (you can use any word here, but I dont want to be confusing) [/url]

An example of that this. Here is a link to post 1 .

That was a link to
Vi's
Zach's post 1, it has all the rules in it, and as a code, looked like this:

[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2241711#2241711] post 1 [/url]

Hope that last one wasn't too confusing, if it was just ask :D

Anyway, enjoy yourselves!

Oh yeah! /confirm! (hi, again,
Vi
Zach.)
Vote Superdemongob

NEVER no lynch on the first day in a game that doesnt start in mylo. It puts the town at a severe disadvantage and we'll end up in a mylo situation (which favours scum) rather than a lylo situation (which favours town)
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:33 am

Post by Haylen »

Haylen's Mafia GlosseryL-1, L-2, L-3: This refers to how many votes on a person until they are lynched. For example, if I had 3 votes and Michel had 4 votes, because it is 5 votes to lynch, I would be at L-2 and Michel would be at L-1.

------

Lylo: Means lynch or lose. During lylo if the town doesn't lynch a mafia member, then they have automatically lost. Typical lylo situations are 2 townies and 1 scum or 3 townies and 2 scum. If the number of mafia is equal to the number of town at any time, then the mafia have won.

------

Mylo: Mislynch and lose: This is actually a more difficult one to explain. Mylo is where the only thing the town can do safely is to no lynch. You should only ever lynch in a mylo situation when a cop has gotten a guilty on another player. Examples of mylo situations are when there are 3 town and 1 mafia or 6 town and 2 mafia. If the town mislynches during mylo then it is an automatic mafia victory, UNLESS the town get lucky and the have a doc in the game that targets the same person the mafia want to kill.

-------

OMGUS: Stands for 'Oh my gosh, you suck'. It's a type of vote where the voter only votes for who they voted for because they had voted for them first. I tend to stretch the term to people who attack other people because they attacked them first. Everybody suffers from a bit of OMGUS Syndrome, we can't really help but feel the person who is voting for us is scum. A lot of people find this type of votes scummy, but I don't believe they are.

-------

WIFOM: Wine in front of me, it's basically circular logic. An example of WIFOM would be me telling you lot to go and look at my previous games because I never play like this as town. WIFOM or Circular logic arguments don't hold very much credibility in games.

-------

FoS: Finger of Suspicion, you can give people one of these in place of a vote if you don't find them scummy enough to vote them but you still find them suspicious. A more suspicious person would warrant a HoS or Hand of Suspicion.

-------

IGMEOY: I've got my eye on you, generally means they don't find the person scummy but they are going to watch them carefully in the future to make sure they don't do anything scummy then.

-------

Hammer: The word for the last vote on a player that causes a lynch. Today that would be the 5th vote.

-------

QFT: Quote for truth. If you want to be lazy and not type something out yourself and someone else has already written it, just quote their post and type 'QFT' under it.

-------

EBWOP: Edit By Way of Post. Quoting your previous post and changing it because you made a coding error or something.

-------

RVS: The Random Voting Stage. That's what we're doing now! It's an icebreaker, votes during this stage arent serious.

-------

Appeal to Emotion: When a player says or does something in order to play with the other players emotions in order to not be lynched. An example: 'If you lynch me, the town will lose.' Scumminess on this varies from player to player. With me, it's completely normal to do as town or scum due to my bipolar, but with a player who is generally more...stable...it's a scumtell.

I'll leave the rest for when they actually occur

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:38 am

Post by Haylen »

About Haylen

I lurk. You don't need to tell me in thread.
I, apparently, appeal to peoples emotions when I'm not. Don't accuse me of it.
I don't misrepresent people, I misinterpret what they're saying. Don't even bother accusing me of misrepping.

I think that's about all. :P

Oh, and the following are not scumtells:
Getting angry,
hammering,
lurking (does not include active lurking)
self voting.

Xc0m
Xc0m
Townie
Xc0m
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:37 am

Post by Xc0m »

I don't like the unvote in 10 minutes. :?

Unvote: MichelSableheart

Vote: Superdemongob
Everybody lies.
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:28 am

Post by Jerbs »

Hi, Im Jerbs

First off, echoing what Haylen said, you dont want to no lynch on the first day

Vote: Haylen
for plagiarizing
"Those that hammer others are called scum. But I think those who lurk and refrain from voting are worse than scum. If I'm going to be called scum either way, I'd rather hammer! And if that's not being a proper Mafia player, then I'll destroy that idea!"
V/LA on most weekends
xSekirei
xSekirei
Townie
xSekirei
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by xSekirei »

Hi everyone, I'm xSekirei :D

I might be "online" some days but without a keyboard (Yay for book marks) cuz my and my family share 2 comps with 1 keyboard and not a new one till the middle of May o: My little cousin threw the old one out the window and we're on the 5th floor :D

Vote : Jerbs
for being above me~ o_o
superdemongob
superdemongob
Townie
superdemongob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by superdemongob »

lol,
well, the unvote in ten minutes was because i read more game theory.
see Haylens post about mylo vs lylo.
lol.
tis what happens when you're a n00b.
PM for Details.

MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:44 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

Hello everyone, I hope we have a fun game.

Haylen's big introduction post contains quite a bit of useful information, though not everything is relevant at this point in time.

I don't agree with her explanation of the RVS though. In the beginning of the game, not much information is present. One of the main goals for the players is to get serious discussion going, so that we'll better be able to identify who is town and who is scum. Usually in games on MS, players start voting other players in the hope of getting reactions. This works better, however, if votes are based on something serious, rather then being random. I would prefer if everyone used a reason for their votes that might actually be indicative of the votee being scum.

@Xc0m: Do you actually believe that scum is more likely to unvote quickly then town is?

@Demongob: This game has been closed for almost two full days. I find it very surprising that you claim you only read about No Lynch being bad strategy in the ten minutes between your two posts. Especially because your second post doesn't show any indication that you knew No Lynch was bad strategy.

Note: No lynch is bad not just because of the difference between Mylo and Lylo. A no lynch would also effectively cost us a lynch. Assuming scum kill every night, we can afford 2 mislynches before hitting Lylo. If we no lynch, we only have one mislynch available before hitting Mylo.

It is my theory that Patresults replaced out because he didn't want to play a scum role. Therefore:

Vote: Haylen
There is no 'a' in Michel.
superdemongob
superdemongob
Townie
superdemongob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:28 pm

Post by superdemongob »

@Michel,
to be fair, i hate wikis, i kept following random links and reading advanced tactics and rolls and stuff, i honestly did miss the mylo vs lylo's effect on town as a team.

also, you're right, my second post doesn't show an indication but thats cus i didn't want to seem stupid. haha. :oops:

your logic seems pretty good about Haylen but instead of changing my vote for the 3rd time, lets see what she has to say.
PM for Details.

superdemongob
superdemongob
Townie
superdemongob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:31 pm

Post by superdemongob »

addition to previous post:

not sure how useful this actually is but out of 9 people playing, we've had 7 votes so far.

the tally is as follows:

Haylen - 2
superdemongob - 2
Jerbs - 1
Xcom - 2
PM for Details.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:36 am

Post by Haylen »

PatResults didn't replace out. Vel missed his outting in the queue because he editted his post rather than say it in a new post, so he was already out way before he received a role.

SDG, why are you following Michel?

bemyally
bemyally
Goon
bemyally
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:51 am

Post by bemyally »

Wow-- I didn't know the game already started. How can I subscribe to this thread to see everyone's responses?

Anyway,
vote: Superdemongob

My suspicions being that he voted 'no lynch' fairly quick into the game, though stats show that this would put the mafia at a significant advantage early on in the game. Even if we lynch a townie, at least we made a kill.

Also, he was quick to unvote 'no lynch' and shift the blame to xc0m once someone else had voted for him.
The longer I wait, the harder I'm gonna fall.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:59 am

Post by Haylen »

At the bottom of the thread there's this link that says "Watch this thread for replies' if you click that, it will add it to you list of 'watched topics' which you can find on the list of links at the top of the page. (Same place where login, private messages ect is. It's in the top row of links first one on the left.)

Oh, and you can also isolate a players posts by going to the bottom of the pages and finding the 'display posts from previous' choose the middle drop down slide to work out which player you want to iso and click go ^.^ (I like using that for prodding people in my games)

jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:09 am

Post by jmurph3 »

superdemongob wrote:addition to previous post:

not sure how useful this actually is but out of 9 people playing, we've had 7 votes so far.

the tally is as follows:

Haylen - 2
superdemongob - 2
Jerbs - 1
Xcom - 2
Normally, the Mod will put up an official vote count at different points during the day (mafia day, not 24-hr. real time day). Unofficial vote counts are helpful to yourself so you know where everything stands, but you should really rely on the official vote count by the mod.

In other news, I don't know if I fully follow your reasoning, Michel. Speculating on a player replacing out for any reason is generally not useful. Not only does Haylen claim that he didn't replace out, but to follow your own logic, PatResults could just as easily have replaced out because he didn't want to be a townie.

Looking at what's been happening so far today, superdemongob seems to be jumping around following whatever player seems to be the strongest at this point. Could be newb town, could be newb scum. Neutral read from me thus far. Xc0m votes for the most experienced player, a bit of a strange move, but since it's RVS, not a big deal, but then switches his vote because of another player's vote switch...slightly contradictory to me. The biggest thing I haven't liked about Haylen thus far is not her introductory/explanatory posts (given as this is a newb game, those make sense), but her post following those, the "About Haylen" post. Telling us what is and isn't a scumtell for you is a waste for me, and, personally, a confusing way to start off the game.

Anyway, I think that's it for now.
bemyally
bemyally
Goon
bemyally
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:14 am

Post by bemyally »

@ Haylen: GOTCHA!! yeah I was 'watching' this thread but I had this strange idea that I would be receiving notifications or perhaps an email for every reply. hmm..

@ jmurph3: I like your analysis :) I think we're going to be great friends!

@ Zachrulez: Apologies for not voting at the bottom of my post.. I forgot about that rule, which I read last week :(
The longer I wait, the harder I'm gonna fall.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:32 am

Post by Haylen »

Lesson Uno:
Read between the lines.

Ask why a person does these things rather than why they have said them. Why a person does them is crucial to their alignment. Some people only do them as scum, some people only do them as town. Others, like me, have outside reasons why they do them thus making them null tells. You'll notice eventually that I take a purely psychological rather than a pure logical view of mafia which I've been told is complete tosh - I'm at uni to become a psychologist so it's only natural.
Haylen wrote:
About Haylen

I lurk. You don't need to tell me in thread.
I have exams coming up. Just a warning.

I, apparently, appeal to peoples emotions when I'm not. Don't accuse me of it.
I'm bipolar. I go from hypomanic to depressed. Again, a warning. Expect some depressed comments, my doctor changed my pills yesterday

I don't misrepresent people, I misinterpret what they're saying. Don't even bother accusing me of misrepping.
I'm also dylexic and have processing problems. I tend to come to the same conclusions as everyone else but in a completely different way.
I'd like to point out that there is a difference between lurking and active lurking. Active lurkers are posting elsewhere but not in the game.

I disagree that a person experience relates to their join date. It's the amount of game they have completed that is important. According to his wiki, I have more games that Michel ^_^

And now,
I have,
an appointment
with a shrink

:P

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”