Newbie 531: (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:30 am

Post by Battousai »

confirmed, also dissappointed with my role. I hate this role whenever I get it.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:22 am

Post by Battousai »

Tlp, I don't like random voting, as it can get rid of a townie early in the game, and since there are so few players this game, I would say random voting should be out entirely.

On to slysly, and tamuz. Maybe I shouldn't of said that, but I personally do hate this role. I prefer to be mafia. Honestly, I like to be in a team and discuss who to vote out and then lie and cover our tracks during the day. I hate being a vanilla townie, since the only thing I can do is sleuth, which everyone does but for different reasons.

I wouldn't say that I am experienced, only played 6 or so mafia games in another site, first here, and only won 4 (townie for 3 of them, mafia for 1).

Tam, your obviously an experienced player, so I say we should leave you be, for now.

I believe that slysly is pro town along with me. That leaves 5 leave, 2 of which are mafia. I believe tlp is most likely scum, and/or very inexperienced player. Apyadog, I'm leaning towards townie on that one. So that leaves the other mafia player being inactive/quiet.

FoS: tlp
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:22 pm

Post by Battousai »

Tamuz wrote:If Battousi is town this has in general been bad play by him, even if it was just an offhand comment.
Strong connection to Apy..
Battousi wrote:Apyadog, I'm leaning towards townie on that one.
And all Apy had done before that point is a 1 liner requesting me to give a lil citation.
I said I was leaning towards him being townie, because he could easily have started a bandwagon or voted for me right there if he was scum, but instead, decided to get more information from you to substantiate your proof before voting. I don't think a mafia person would have done that.
Tamuz wrote:Then he goes out and calls the unposted lurkers less than a day after opening. Fishy
I didn't really mean them as lurkers, but as quite, which is essentially not posting yet. Didn't mean it to sound like that.

Tamuz wrote:Battousi can I get a link to your other site so I can meta you? :D
If you want, but that site wasn't a mafia site. Mafia is a game in their spam forum for another game. The only records they have is a win/loss record (which doesn't have a lot of the older games) and a current game and a few past games.

also, Tlp, that is a good strategy, but that usually works best after day 1, since many people will be defensive. Not many people like to be lynched on the first day.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (isolation #3) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:09 am

Post by Battousai »

Tlp does seem the most suspicious to me.

@bird- who are roles assigned, randomly?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #4) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:44 pm

Post by Battousai »

Whoever the cop is, with your night action look at tlp or tamuz, results of the lynch depending.

@bird- one more question I just thought of. With the roleblocker, how are you deflecting it? making them appear townie or will the investigation result without results?

Not sure what you are asking, could you rephrase?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (isolation #5) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:45 pm

Post by Battousai »

Tamuz wrote:Well do something about it Battousai.

I am.
Well, I like the days to last longer, for that is the best way for the town to win. More information is gathered and compared to later days.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (isolation #6) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:09 am

Post by Battousai »

Battousai wrote:Whoever the cop is, with your night action look at tlp or tamuz, results of the lynch depending.

@bird- one more question I just thought of. With the roleblocker, how are you deflecting it? making them appear townie or will the investigation result without results?

Not sure what you are asking, could you rephrase?
I meant, when the roleblocker sends in their night action to block the cop. What information will the cop get if he picks the who the roleblocker is protecting. In some games the cop gets no results and their night action results are 50/50 and in other games the cop's result is townie.

back to discussion- I like being scum, and I hate being on the town's side. I posted that I was vanilla townie, but that may be a lie or it may be the truth. All I can tell you is that I'm pro-town.
slysly wrote:Here Battousi scummily tries to expose the cop and then mod fishes for info about his role.
That is a stupid move for me to do, if I were scum. I would ask bird privately or my rb partner if I was the goon the question in a pm and not out here so everyone else can see it and use the information. I obviously can't prove that I am pro-town, but I can at least point you towards tamuz if I get lynched.

FOS=tamuz
. He's trying to end the day early and proceed with his night action.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (isolation #7) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:23 am

Post by Battousai »

I meant I guessed you had a night action, wasn't clear enough I guess.

Yes, I WOULD day talk with my mafia partner, I don't see why that was important enough for you to reiterate in your post.

I hate being new to a community, especially one so big. Its harder to tell people's quirks and post patterns. We are only on page 2 and you were pushing for a lynch at the top or at least telling me to vote tlp. Whenever I play, day 1 lynch usually don't happen till page 7 if its active and a game like this page 4.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #8) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:44 am

Post by Battousai »

I didn't mean to bait the cop, I didn't think that either of those two people would be lynched (in fact, I'm pretty sure I will be), but I have a "feeling" that they have a role other than plain townie.

The reason why I asked this is so if the cop investigated someone and it turned up townie, I would know if there is still a chance that they are scum and shouldn't be knocked off the list of possible scum.
Tlp wrote:Why I said that was because i found it pretty easy for battousai to think im suspicious just for that comment. I mean why would he jump that fast on the bandwagon(or even start it)?
That's the reason why I did not place a vote on you. I just wanted to point out that I thought that was suspicious. It was not enough evidence to vote you out.

I can't defend myself further without claiming, so please, either don't vote to lynch me or if I have 3 votes against me, let me post before the final vote.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (isolation #9) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:58 am

Post by Battousai »

have fun in Jamaica!

Thanks!
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (isolation #10) » Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:14 am

Post by Battousai »

Actually, its two. Only slysly and superfly have voted me so far. There is nothing I can say to sway anyone's minds, I believe, except a role claim, which I don't want to do. This game is going would go a lot better when some people would be more active, but they can't because of the holidays and one person is having computer problems.

@Tlp- You will probably be fine. I've played games like this where English was a second, third, and even fourth language.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (isolation #11) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:07 am

Post by Battousai »

word, but seriously though. I never really thought about that post since it was in the confermation stage.

The reason I asked mod in the forum, not pm, is so that all the townies could use the information if they needed it.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (isolation #12) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:27 pm

Post by Battousai »

I'm just waiting on someone else's reply.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (isolation #13) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:23 am

Post by Battousai »

Tamuz wrote:Battousi, why are you waiting?
At the time, there was nothing to go off of, except past posts. I was/am waiting on the people who haven't posted in a while to pick at their brains.

Hopefully my claim will persuade you not to kill me and waste your lynching power on me. I am the doc. I kinda did want the cop to out himself so I know who to protect at night and not to lynch against during the day. I did not know that the roleblocker blocked night actions from happening. I thought that it blocked only the cop's investigation or his/her partner's role if they died and the rb used it.

Just because someone prods at other people and dissects their posts, does not mean that they are townie. So I rule that out of the equation and I think that one scum has voted for me and the other hasn't. I think that the other is waiting for my claim and will then try to get another town player out and then lynch me.
They could also then just be the final vote and then kill a townie tonight, probably apy just because he's posting a lot and is a threat. If they don't kill him then that means that at least one of the scum is an IC player. I think that because and IC player would not night kill the most active player in the game on day 1, because it may make the game become cancelled.

In case you didn't infer from the last sentance or so, I think that apy is townie, but I'm not sure if he's cop or not. That leaves slysly and/or superfly as scum. Out of the two I think that it is slysly, since I believe that superfly is protecting the town and is trying to draw more information out. Since slysly isn't here yet to respond I will vote for him in confidence that there won't be a jump to lynch him. It might even get him to post again if he's just scanning this game.

VOTE: SLYSLY
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (isolation #14) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:10 am

Post by Battousai »

soupfly wrote: claiming vanilla townie is worthless. my gut says that its scummy more than anything else because there's no reason for it at this point of the game.
I knew I made a mistake when I said that in the confirmation page, so I "claimed" townie to hopefully let you get past me and on to a scum player. But when Soupfly said this, I had to post that I could be or I may not be a vanilla townie so that would imply that I was a power role, but don't make me say it kind of thing. It was all that I could think of at the time.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (isolation #15) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:29 pm

Post by Battousai »

It is if it's for the benefit of the town.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (isolation #16) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:44 pm

Post by Battousai »

Note that is what I plannED to do, but once I got the information that the roles didn't work that way on this site, there went my plan and I'm glad the cop didn't out themselves.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (isolation #17) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:57 am

Post by Battousai »

UNVOTE

VOTE: Tamuz

I had a feeling that I was going to be lynched by my bad day actions, so I claimed cop. I am not a cop as a few of you have figured out, but by acting as one, I believe I have found a mafia player in Tamuz. He/she wants the real doc to counter-claim, which would be detrimental to the townie side.

This is what the scum knows-
scum rb
scum goon
and how many pro town roles there are.

If Tamuz goes and has the doc counter claim then the scum knows
scum rb
scum goon
doc
one townie, since obviously I'm not a power role
and a 1-3 chance to get the cop

I wanted to play out being the doc tonight to save myself from the town wasting a lynch, and having the scum waste their night action on a regular townie. But Tamuz has ruined that plan by trying to get the doc to counter, which, if he/she was a pro town IC player would know that would be a bad move for the town. That is the only reason I am stopping now.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (isolation #18) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:14 am

Post by Battousai »

It would be extremely stupid for the real doc to claim.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #19) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:56 am

Post by Battousai »

Oops, must have been a typo, in 102 I meant doc.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (isolation #20) » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:39 am

Post by Battousai »

The reason my game play was messed up in this game was for three reasons

1) I didn't think you would attack me for what I said in confirmation

2) I was trying a new strategy, didn't work because of Tamuz

3) I should have asked my questions to bird in a pm instead of the thread

What I was going to do since I was certain I was going to be lynched, was to claim a town power role and I picked doc so the actual doc wouldn't protect me that night. I was trying to convince you to let me live, so the scum would waste their night choice and not kill our cop/doc. It messed up a little when someone, don't remember who, said my real claim as townie (this was before I was doing the new strategy) was not sufficent in preventing my lynch, paraphrasing of course. So then I started being vague by saying I might be townie might be something else to protect myself. Then I did the strategy, which I think would have worked if Tamuz didn't start demanding the real doc out themselves. I had to back pedal in order to save the real doc from being NK. Then I was certain Tamuz was scum trying to out the real doc.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”