Newbie 531: (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:14 am

Post by Tamuz »

The Cake is a Lie.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:15 pm

Post by Tamuz »

vote: Battousai
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (isolation #2) » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:52 pm

Post by Tamuz »

FOS:SlySly
for trying to remove logic from my vote.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #3) » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:31 pm

Post by Tamuz »

I read Battousi's words, decided that they were more indicative than scum than anything else and promptly voted them.

To me it is more indicative of him being scum than anything else.
Battousi wrote:confirmed, also dissappointed with my role. I hate this role whenever I get it.
Alright, so what do we know here.
1. Battousi is not a newbie (also meta-ing his post in the Queue)
2. Battousi doesn't like his role.

The general meta of experienced players at MS is that they like to be vanilla. I agree with the sentiment as does the majority of the community, in fact I can't name a person who dislikes townies from what I remember reading in all the Gen. Discussion threads. Perhaps people are all impartial, but the players that come here come to play mafia, not flavored coin flipping.

Since we are in a confirmed open set-up our role list is the following
1 Mafia Goon
1 Mafia Roleblocker
1 Cop
1 Doctor
3 Townies
I strike out the townies as possibilities due to the above meta.

This leaves either one of the two power roles, or one of the two mafia roles. Again, Battousi is experienced, such an obvious power role tell in his confirming post would be kind of stupid so I would like to remove the Cop and Doctor from the list up there. This narrows it down to Mafia and Mafia+1. I can easily see players saying that they're disappointed being mafia, alot of people don't like being scum too much, its a different game from townie. I don't really have to stretch my beliefs to see that. As for the power balancing it and making it a non-disappointing role, meh... I don't know if it'd go that far to balance disappointment at being scum.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (isolation #4) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:33 am

Post by Tamuz »

Soup speaks the truth, avatars'd be nice. (If y'all don't mind, I'm cutting the last 3 letters of yer names of, no point of having -fly,-fly, and -sly)

Apy, I'm too lazy to search too much, but this has some meta-commentary on a large number of players choosing vanilla over anything else. Then again, the few dissenting are the new crop, much like those in this game, and I haven't played mafia for a while.

If Battousi is town this has in general been bad play by him, even if it was just an offhand comment.
Strong connection to Apy..
Battousi wrote:Apyadog, I'm leaning towards townie on that one.
And all Apy had done before that point is a 1 liner requesting me to give a lil citation.
Then he goes out and calls the unposted lurkers less than a day after opening. Fishy

I really like Superfly's post.

Soup needs some content.

Battousi can I get a link to your other site so I can meta you? :D
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (isolation #5) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:59 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Well I can't let a clean voting slate happen.

Vote:Tlp
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (isolation #6) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:31 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Well do something about it Battousai.

I am.

And Soup, understood. I'd still like substance from you when you get back. Everyone else... post? Content?
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (isolation #7) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:59 pm

Post by Tamuz »

God, do I have to do EVERYTHING.
Other than Battousi I don't feel anyone here has made the effort to say anything worth scum hunting. Y'all are just sitting back.

TLP do you CARE if we have "heared" everyone. I don't think you should. I think you should take what we HAVE and go from there, and if there is someone you haven't heard from then point that out and pressure them.

I voted Tlp because all of his posts are so minimalist, theres nothing really to attack, but there is nothing to read and assume that he is innocent from.

lets PVPA him.

0: Confirmation--whatev.
1: Joke + random vote
SlySly
Nothing post, note relation
2: Corrects SlySly vote + jest
3:
unvotes SlySly

Explains he is inexperienced
Implies his ONE RANDOM VOTE WITH NO CONTENT was on Sly to pressure him and force REACTIONS FROM SLY WHEN SLY FEELS HE IS IN DANGER. Bollocks to that. Sly felt no danger and there was no reaction. He implies one thing and in effect lies about it because its completely insubstantial.
4: Buddies up to me echoing that people need to post.

He has said all but nothing this game, posting just enough to be deemed active. He has not done anything a townie would do from my experience. That is, use his two inherent weapons to hunt scum. Unless I get contribution from Tlp I don't think I'll unvote him, and I don't mean bolshy quasi-contributions that really say nothing or just echo other's sentiments.
Individual though put down in posts please.

Then again I could be asking the majority of this game for that.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #8) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:00 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Directing the cop. Scummy.

Bird may say different, but its most likely there will be no results. Investigation immune would be beyond unfair in a max 3 lynch game.

I enjoy medium-long days too, but people need to act, talk and vote for the length to be worth it or there will be no information revealed that we can reflect upon in days 2 and 3.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (isolation #9) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:50 am

Post by Tamuz »

He is asking if the Roleblocker is a roleblocker or result corrupter.

Battousi admits he may be lying as a townie, that tickles my LAL fancy.

Stop saying you would do X as scum, in contrast to Y, what you did. Thats WIFOM at its best. You do seem to imply you'd day-talk with your mafia partner.

/me yawns

I guess Battousi's found out I have a night action now. Cool. You have more information than I do. For all ya know I'm playing blind. For all I know I'm playing blind.

Battousi, I already had an opinion about YOU by your confirmation post. Did you see me latch onto you? Stay attacking you? No! I went casting, looking for other people's reaction because I want to know more about people before I lynch, hence my pushing on Soup and Tlp amongst others.

You are flailing and OMGUSing now. So, the rest of the 'town' lets please talk then we can get about finishing a case on Battousi then deciding if its strong enough.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (isolation #10) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:54 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Battousi, unless otherwise stated day talk is restricted on this site.
The Roles wrote:You are the Mafia Goon, your partner is (XXX),
each night you may disscuss the game with your partner
, and also send me the name of a player. That player will die. You may disscuss during the confirmation stage. You win when the number of mafia is the same as the number of pro-town people.
I don't think I've ever found a game on this site where mafia can day talk.

Sorry for being aggressive, but you can certainly read up on me game wise and see how it relates to me, even if you don't really know me. Regardless I hate stagnant games, and I'm ueber active right now, being back on vacation and I have
almost nothing
to do but play guitar and mafia during the days. (I just want the day to be as long as it needs to be, but not overly long)

What of my posts specifically made you think I have a night power?

Tlp: Damn straight I'mma look at everything y'all say. Not just you in particular, but everyone.
I don't feel you made a mistake by voting him. I think you made a mistake saying that you voted him to put pressure on him when really you put no pressure at all. I want you to comment on people here, all or a majority, and tell me what you feel of everyone and how they rank scumminesswise. Do do in your style, I don't want to force mine on you, but I would like you to comment on everyone in the game if you would.

Sly: If it really is an appeal to emotion I think its a pretty weak one personally.Its a pretty inconsistent statement, a juxtaposition of concern above and then laxadasicism below.
But... uhhh I'm not sure what the statement implies. You van vote me & see what happens and then see whether Battousai is suspicious?

So vote (and presumably lynch) Tlp
And then see if Battousai is suspicious from that?
Or am I reading too much.

Apy and Super, thoughts? I'd hate to stifle anyone?
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (isolation #11) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:29 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Just 'cause the mod is gone doesn't mean we should stop.

Tlp, I don't want to sound mean... but is English a 2nd (3rd, etc.) language of yours because your posts are highly incoherent. Much of the time I'm guessing at your meaning, which doesn't help.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (isolation #12) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:35 am

Post by Tamuz »

The Cake is a Lie is a reference to Portal http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal_(video_game)

And thats the link, but the forum doesn't want to make it blue...
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #13) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:30 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Battousi, why are you waiting?

Your ass is the most on the line and all you've said about the case on you is, "Too bad". Well so what if too bad? Just because you can't defend yourself doesn't mean you can't be pro-town and scumhunt. Your lack or defense and lack of search is doing NOTHING to help you case in my eyes.

Apy, thank you. Although I really do fear that many of my opinions on Tlp are from him not being able to convey his feelings. Tlp, if I can ask, what is your intimate language so I can try and figure out what the common translation errors are from it, and look at the incidental words that are carried from language as opposed to from thought. (My guess is dutch :P)

Just caught this
B wrote:I can't defend myself further without claiming, so please, either don't vote to lynch me or if I have 3 votes against me, let me post before the final vote.
For B 3 votes on him seem to equal a lynch, he assumes the fourth is inevitable. Right now I'm leaning towards that being more of a scum-tell than anything, but I can't explain why. (not for game reasons, I just can't wrap my mind around the feeling to make it thought-expressible).
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (isolation #14) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:53 am

Post by Tamuz »

Battousi wrote:confirmed, also dissappointed with my role.
I hate this role
whenever I get it.
Battousi wrote:Maybe I shouldn't of said that, but I personally do hate this role. I prefer to be mafia. Honestly, I like to be in a team and discuss who to vote out and then lie and cover our tracks during the day.
I hate being a vanilla townie
, since the only thing I can do is sleuth, which everyone does but for different reasons.
Battousi wrote:Hopefully my claim will persuade you not to kill me and waste your lynching power on me.
I am the doc.
I kinda did want the cop to out himself so I know who to protect at night and not to lynch against during the day. I did not know that the roleblocker blocked night actions from happening. I thought that it blocked only the cop's investigation or his/her partner's role if they died and the rb used it.
Inconsistency
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (isolation #15) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:24 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Lying is not pro town behaviour.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (isolation #16) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:04 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Battousai
Doc

Superfly

SlySly
Tlp

Apyadg
soupfly
Tamuz
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (isolation #17) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:20 pm

Post by Tamuz »

I'm of the opposite oppinion from you Sly. I feel the doctor, if B isn't the doctor should claim. I'm not about to lynch the sole claimed doctor just on account of him being a lier and being very very scummy.

Although I have a feeling the doctor has countered. Yet, I still think it should be in the open and be obvious about it. If Battousi claimed your role, counter him for gods sake, we may lose our doctor and not autowin with a cop claim (if B is the RB) on day 2, but we are assured a scum then.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (isolation #18) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:58 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Because if no doctor claims, I have no real reason to believe that Battousi isn't the doctor. I have what I glean from people, but this is NOT solid evidence.

The solid evidence that we have is this:
1. B claims he is doctor.
2. We are assured to have a doctor in the game.
3. "No one" has countered B

This leads to the conclusion that B is the doctor, unless there is a counter. Practically speaking I don't think Battousi is the doctor, but I would rather lynch scum and have the doctor get NK'ed than lynch the doctor and have a townie get NK'ed. There are plenty more advantages to increasing the scumlynch scenario. We have a 1 in 2 chance of killing the RB-Scum, which means that our Cop and doctor will go unmolested actionwise during the night. That and our cop will have a 1 in 2 chance of hitting the scum then.

In fact... if we get our doc to counter, we lynch the RB-scum (or we lynch scum and our cop isn't RB'ed) then we force the scum to counterclaim the cop or the game is broken-over.

I'm going to carry this into a next post all in theory.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (isolation #19) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:03 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Theory post.

A
doc

B
RB-scum

C
scum

D
cop

E
townie

F
townie

G
townie

OK So Scenario 1. RB-Scum/B claims doc A counterclaims doc, we lynch B.
Going into night the cop knows himself, knows the doc
, damn I'm fully wrong... 1 in 4 chance of finding scum :S

OK ignore that last bit.

I still think we should have a counter-claim, I couldn't in all good knowledge lynch an uncountered doc-claim in a game in which we are assured to have a doc.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (isolation #20) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Who sells you your weed Battousai?
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (isolation #21) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:04 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Owwies, I hope you aren't feeling too horrible Soup. My best wishes. You have an amusing read ahead of you, especially on valium or whatever they're giving ya!
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (isolation #22) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:29 am

Post by Tamuz »

Apyadg wrote:Tamuz, where exactly do you stand, at the moment?

In post 92, you seem to think tlp, you (obviously :P) and Superfly are probably town, with 2 of me, Battousai, Slysly and Soupfly as probable scum.

As such, I'm a bit confused about why your vote stands on Tlp, and you've not really tried to make a case against any of the others, except Battousai.
Thats not what my post 92 was about :P

My vote is on Tlp because there really is no better spot for it right now. Yes, I know I haven't really gone into anything about anyone else, but there is a large amount of Battousai Flak that I (and we're) all dealing with. But if Battousai is scum, I feel I have a good enough read that I know 80% of the game, if he is not I still feel I have a 60% read on the game. I'm not making these thoughts public for reasons of not outing the entire townie crew.

Even with my lack of desire to lynch an uncountered doc, Battousai's recent flailing has enabled me to feel fine with lynching him now. At this point I just want soup to be able to have this say, before everything is over.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (isolation #23) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:21 am

Post by Tamuz »

My guts feels that was the best decision. I'm not sure that soup making it (rather than tlp) does anything to my mental map of this game.

And lord... if Bat is actually townie, or one of our power roles I'm going to find him and punch out his ovaries.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (isolation #24) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:55 am

Post by Tamuz »

Good.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (isolation #25) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:29 am

Post by Tamuz »

All night actions + I figured out the cop & doc by my death. yet I help lynch townie :(

I'll show the posts later that showed the roles to me for your future references Soup & super.

Battousi... wtf.

Flay: I'll be back
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (isolation #26) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by Tamuz »

IRONY. As a vanilla trying to take the kill is a good move, but not at the expense of outing your power roles.

Quick zip to the most telling post:
Superfly wrote:
I thought that it blocked his/her partner's role if they died and the rb used it
However, can you imagine how overpowered it would be if it was in the way you suggest. A confirmed cop getting defended by the doc every night. Effectively killproof and lynchproof. Never getting roleblocked. So that couldn't be the case.

In all other cases, including the current one, it would be bad. If a cop can't investigate and gets roleblocked, he is useless. We lose a power role, we gain a confirmed town that is effectively vanilla. Also scum wouldn't need to even waste their nightkills on him. They would just roleblock him every night and go for the other power role. Also a bad doc, which you are if you planned on what you said(underlined it) would just keep defending him while the corpses pile up.

So you were still, in effect, doing something not beneficial to the town.

So to sum up, you are basically either a very badly played doc(if you are, we lose you tonight - you can't be useful to the town when dead) or a scum.
And for the life of me I don't remember why this made me certain that Super was the cop, but it did.

Mayhaps the judgmental language concerning doc play and there being no allowance for B being the doc at all--Which only the doc would know.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”